• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

I've been looking at videos of different Machine Athena clears (mostly for an idea on how to deal with annoying spawns) and I've seen a variety of team comps where the lead swap player lacks Rag Drag. In these instances there's two enhances employed. Fortunately Machine Athena provides the enhance, so it's really about getting a strong board. The Drake-->Aus-->Ath board is used for high HP floors by the lead swap team when needed which seems to just be Beelz. In these cases it looks like that team CANNOT be the one to take down Kali.

Thoth into Kagu is probably the worst spawn set this composition can face since you can't really stall since skyfall luck will basically hose your actives either way. You'd have to get pretty unlucky but it's still very possible. Thoth into Parvati's not so bad though since it's basically free stalling. The thing you really miss without Rag Drag is solid but not too much damage from dark combos. If Thoth comes up pray the player with the delay for Kagu doesn't get boned. Everything else is manageable.

Re: Super Krishna
I'd go for him since he'll be more available and you can do DC runs. That's not to say I wouldn't want a consistent Mathena partner but realistically there's a bit of work spinning the team up. Just farming MP for Rags was brutal. But hey I have a max skilled everything from rogues now. I'll probably never run Volsung, Gainaut, or Myr again.

Also reminder: Today is Star Den day. Anyone in group B, C, D want a partner to run with all hour let me know. I can button through as long as my partner has 9 SB and a red row lead (Yamato, Goemon, ACC).

I'm sitting on 452k mp (after buying Yomidra and You Yu previously). I could buy Ragnarok Dragon right now but he probably wouldn't be used much outside this M Athena team and GungHo may release stronger mp cards later that I would like to buy.

Bladelaw

I'm sitting on 452k mp (after buying Yomidra and You Yu previously). I could buy Ragnarok Dragon right now but he probably wouldn't be used much outside this M Athena team and GungHo may release stronger mp cards later that I would like to buy.
Yeah I'd hold on to the MP. The next wave of MP cards will probably be 500k MP and you'll be primed by then.

Farming Jewels is soul crushing. So many floors of trash to fight thru for a 20% chance at the jewel you're looking for. I need so many god damned green jewels and ZERO of every other jewel.

tbh I just roll during the relevant PEM rotations (exp is easy enough to farm with guerrillas) and pray.

I have like 12 dark jewels and 8 light ones I don't need (yet) and I JUST a few hours ago got the red one I needed from finishing the Hera quest.

Anyway I'm probably going to try running Myr (on Legend Plus) later today but I'm not expecting to clear it. I just want to see if I can more than anything else.

C8? I took Myr and walked all over it.

24EqCaW.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
tbh I just roll during the relevant PEM rotations (exp is easy enough to farm with guerrillas) and pray.

I have like 12 dark jewels and 8 light ones I don't need (yet) and I JUST a few hours ago got the red one I needed from finishing the Hera quest.

Anyway I'm probably going to try running Myr (on Legend Plus) later today but I'm not expecting to clear it. I just want to see if I can more than anything else.

I blew all 50 of my pem pulls the instant evo carnival started and got jack shit. If I didn't need green jewels I would have gotten 20 of them.

Doesn't help that I keep failing RMI runs with god damned noobs, and I always discover after the fact that these kids are running RMI 50, so that's a great waste of stamina too.

Kreed

What are you guys doing for one shot C8?

I used Ana Bastet with subs Susano, Meimei, Perseus, and that dragon that turns all the orbs green and yellow, can't think of his name right now. I went in blind so I didn't realize most of the enemies were fire, so I should have just used one of my blue teams.

C8? I took Myr and walked all over it.
What were your subs? I tried Myr twice and didn't make it. Guess I just need to manage my board and hearts more after making them and only match what I need.

EDIT: Just did it with Myr. Got lucky on last floor as there were tons of blue for Wukong and exactly 5 hearts after his active. AThor was overkill since Myr alone did 13mil with his buff. Probably should replace him with another heart maker.

Jagernaut

Anyone want to run Star Treasure Thieves Den at 4 pm est? You need Goemon or Awoken Lucifer lead and 10 skill boosts. I want to do 12 runs.

b33r

What were your subs? I tried Myr twice and didn't make it. Guess I just need to manage my board and hearts more after making them and only match what I need.

I foolishly went in with Shiva Dragon and died to the shieldras... Beat it next time with Yomi Dragon. I think a Luci would work to, or even a Norse team.

I failed with Myr and cleared it with Gremory, but I think the strategy for both are the same. Definitely want to store any extra hearts. It was surprisingly easy for a no RCV dungeon and a heart cross lead.

Okamid3n

I'm non-iap but I look like a mega-whale when it's Star Treasure Thieves' Den day and I bring out my Beach Goemon team with three Rodins and I don't even care if my teammate brings skill boosts.

These GFEs are so useless otherwise, so I'm glad that they at least serve that purpose.

Awesome idea, I haven't played Saria in ages. Quick question, do you have to use a burst like Thor on floor one to get past that defense? I have no clue what to expect damage wise.
Yeah I did and I focused on TPAs for Mini Valk. With two TPAs and a row that was probably 9 or 10 long she hit for a bit over 6mil to break defense.

I used the second turn of Thor buff to clear floor 2 but should have stalled there instead of on Venus since Wadatsumi makes hearts for you. I still didn't lose but it was harder. I think I used Wukong for the kill before she broke the blues.

For Venus I stalled and made TPAs when I could and then used Saria+Wukong(for heart enhance)+Valk to kill her.

For Z8 I waited until Valk was 3 turns away and then did Saria+Saria+Thor+Valk to kill.

Just beat level 5 and 6 of the One Shot Challenge Dungeon. I swear Medjedra gave me an ulcer.

Really looking forward to that Snow Globe Dragon Dungeon. One step closer to getting my Ronove/Anubis/Amaterasu teams battle ready.

I've tried No Skills 4x now and can't do it :( Meddie always pulls out his nastiest stuff before I'm able to burst and I don't have a team capable of sustain and damage :(

I guess I could try duct-taping together a L.Kali or A.Isis team and just try to combo my way through but I wouldn't be happy about it.

At least I'm very reliably clearing all the regular descends now, which is cute.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sara buff is here - as well as Uevos for Sanada, Mori, Maeda and Durga.

Shit didnt know Tans would skill up Gala exclusives - fed my Barbaross Piis only last week lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nice got Maury on both accts I can evo now. Too bad I don't really need him on either. Are there any good blue row leads? I guess I can stick him on my bootsy Sumire team, but his rows and active don't seem too helpful tbh. Boy be tanky as shit tho.

I dunno what to do with all this light exp I just got. Do I have enough light subs to hobble together an Ohkami team if I evo her? Looks like most of my best light cards have healer type.

I've tried No Skills 4x now and can't do it :( Meddie always pulls out his nastiest stuff before I'm able to burst and I don't have a team capable of sustain and damage :(
Dang, do you have no combo leads at all? They're pretty non-active reliant.

cw_sasuke

Played around with Sara - she is great. 9 water orbs for 100x is crazy - add in Rows and it gets even funnier.

But since i already use YY i dont see when or why i should use Sara...any opinions where she could be better than him ?

With Moris Uevos im more interested to give Sun Quan x A.Hermes a shot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have tried to buy the special bundle twice. Each time, it tells me an error has occurred and I have to restart my device...

J0dy77

I completely misunderstood the Challenge floor 9, I though you had to have 6 star or under. Didn't realize it was a bonus for those cards. What's everyone doing to clear this? I'm thinking just go in with my standard Myr team.

I completely misunderstood the Challenge floor 9, I though you had to have 6 star or under. Didn't realize it was a bonus for those cards. What's everyone doing to clear this? I'm thinking just go in with my standard Myr team.

Yeah I did Myr. I added Saria and Wee Jas to my team, but not sure if it was necessary.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My OTD worked after reentering my card on my iTunes profile.

Kagu.

I'm OK with this. I just need a good fire lead that boosts fire by default (Shiva plz).

Yeah did the Bargain Set pull and got Lakshmi, which I guess I'm OK with. Looking at her Reincarnated awakenings it looks like she's a solid all-around sub with some damage and utility, and I already have some of the pieces to start evoing her.

Bladelaw

Bargain Pull: Maeda Keiji number 3. Keeping for the inevitable awoken or super evo.

I went with the enhancement since it's 3x not the usual 1.5x

Balboa
Leeza (Skuld)
Wee Jas
Beach Mei Mei
Spica (2 SBR and god killer, not 6*)
Awoken Artemis

FL1: Stall until Balboa is up to break defense, or just power through with Leeza
Sweep pretty much every floor when you have a blue/wood match
Z8: use Artemis or Balboa to bait the dispel then Skuld-->Spica to kill.

Okamid3n

For C9, I went Myr/Saria/Wedding Sopdet/Wedding Izanami/Venus/Myr. I already had a bunch of plusses on Sopdet and Izanami, plus, Saria is +297. That gave me 55000 hp which was quite helpful, if unneccessary.

For C10, I used Ronove and it was quite fine.

I have two questions for the future.

1) If I plan on using both Reincarnated Shiva and Krishna teams, is it worth it to make Awoken Cao Cao for either of them? I quite like the double TPAs on my R/G Cao Cao evo for Shiva, but I assume Awoken Cao Cao is just much better overall. Note that I don't currently have any intention of farming with Cao Cao since ALB is all I need right now. It just sucks losing all the skill ups.

2) I don't have Kaede for my Ronove team. I'm wondering if it's still worth buying Ragnarok Dragon if I don't have an ideal team anyway. Right now, I'm using two DKalis as board-changing subs and it works alright (cleared C10 as mentionned above). The lack of focus on one color hurts the damage output a lot, though.

On the other hand, I'd like to keep my MP for the potential 500k purchases coming.

My bargain pull was a dupe Hathor :(. I'm sure I've sold one already and I've never used my first one. It will collect dust until an awoken version comes or I need an inheritable gravity.

W-00

Rebought the bargain set on both my main and my alt.

Main: Michael.

Alt: Ame no Uzume.

Not sure what I'll use Michael for. Maybe there's some scenario where ALB needs some auto-recover and needs all on-color subs.

Ame's primary virtue seems to be that her Awoken form is a Devil, and my alt is in desperate need of Devils.

Also, I thought the 150/250 memorial pulls and BFFs were going to reset with this, but apparently not. Do we have any idea when that will happen?

Someone on reddit did 300 Halloween REM pulls.

In case you don't want to look at the pain:

Thank you for posting this. I was feeling so tempted to spend the stones from the bargain set in an attempt to get Rozzie, but seeing those stats has pretty much killed that desire.

Okamid3n

My plan to not waste the bargain set stones on the Halloween REM is to not buy the bargain set until a good godfest/PCGF.

I know if I bought the set now, the stones would fly straight to the Halloween REM for no reason.

LiQuid!

GH has been so nice to afford me all kinds of time to get my alt to 250 before they reset the memorial pulls and I've returned the favor by continuing to focus on my main and squandering Monday dungeons.

W-00

GH has been so nice to afford me all kinds of time to get my alt to 250 before they reset the memorial pulls and I've returned the favor by continuing to focus on my main and squandering Monday dungeons.

I've been doing the exact same thing! My alt can only clear Monday legend with the help of my main, but I don't want to unnecessarily increase my main's rank.

Bladelaw

It's an off-event week so I'm looking for a project until then. I'll pursue one of the following:
-Orpharion parts (I can farm Mech Hera with about 80% clear rate)
-Arena Farm (Mathena lives up to the hype)
-Farm Rare Monster Infestation (VERY short on jewels)
-Clear coin dungeons for stones.

Not going to worry about skill ups till we get a decent bonus and I don't need anything in the Kaede skill up dungeon.

Aesnath

So far my desire to get a holloween thoth and sopdet has resulted in abject failure.

Four pulls

2x Mulan
1x Karin
1x Undine

So, I suppose I should be happy with Karin, but I can't for the life of me think of anything worthwhile to do with her. I guess I could skill transfer, but I don't really know for what or onto what.

Both my wife and daughter have pulled blue sonias as well, which I feel is more useful, due to the easily skilled haste active.

b33r

Finished the one shot challenge, used Myr for 9, took me two tries and I thought it was the hardest one. Cruised through 10 easily with Anaphon, love that team.

The Odin tama seems like an ok lead, use Spica to make up for sbr. He's a shield at 100% hp and a cross damage lead. He would at the very least be fun to mess around with.

LiQuid!

I've been doing the exact same thing! My alt can only clear Monday legend with the help of my main, but I don't want to unnecessarily increase my main's rank.

I got it worse. I can't even clear it reliably with both of my accounts so I have to rely on strangers, and it's hard cause 99.999999% of all farm teams are ALB which my alt can't run. :(

Jagernaut

Finally evolved Machine Athena, 2 million xp left to max level. I've been watching some MAthena Arena videos and I'm impressed. Wish I had a second Spica, need more wood machine type subs.

Silent_Z

Anyone that's beaten C10, think this team should work?

Leader - Sumire
Subs - Sumire, Nut, Andromeda, Urd

then either YY or Sumire friend leader

cw_sasuke

Anyone that's beaten C10, think this team should work?

Leader - Sumire
Subs - Sumire, Nut, Andromeda, Urd

then either YY or Sumire friend leader

As postet earlier i went in with Sumire/YY - worked perfect. Your team shouldnt have too many issues. You dont even need cross heart for most if you have 8 water orbs.

W-00

I got it worse. I can't even clear it reliably with both of my accounts so I have to rely on strangers, and it's hard cause 99.999999% of all farm teams are ALB which my alt can't run. :(

Hm... Your alt has Oda Nobunaga, right? My alt is running a proto-devil team led by Lu Bu, backed up by Zuoh and BeachValk and a couple stat sticks (one of which will be replaced by Awoken Freyja once I get and evolve Gaia). I suppose I could swap out the other stick for Gravis for a bit more orb generation, too.

If you've got the subs for Oda, we could try teaming up and seeing how that goes.

Top Bottom