• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Silent_Z

As postet earlier i went in with Sumire/YY - worked perfect. Your team shouldnt have too many issues. You dont even need cross heart for most if you have 8 water orbs.

Nice. I had a small doubt just because I don't have as many Sumires but I suppose as long as I don't get completely screwed on drops I'll be fine.

J0dy77

Check mail. If it's not there, quit and relaunch the app.

Needed to reset. Pulled Liu Bei. Couple months ago I would have been ecstatic. Now I don't know if I should sell the dupe.

Finished C9 with the Myr team without much effort. Broke floor one with two row combo. Rest was easy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice. I had a small doubt just because I don't have as many Sumires but I suppose as long as I don't get completely screwed on drops I'll be fine.

Nah your subs are fine...mine wasnt optimized i just took my standard team because it good enough for most content. One thing though...do you have Isis ? Because the Time bind against Myr could screw up your run, especially since wanna killer her soon after her shield is down.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hm... Your alt has Oda Nobunaga, right? My alt is running a proto-devil team led by Lu Bu, backed up by Zuoh and BeachValk and a couple stat sticks (one of which will be replaced by Awoken Freyja once I get and evolve Gaia). I suppose I could swap out the other stick for Gravis for a bit more orb generation, too.

If you've got the subs for Oda, we could try teaming up and seeing how that goes.

Not the greatest but it's my main team on that acct.

Kinda low on SB (why doesn't Oda have SB??)
Only 3 SBR til I can evo Typhon
Decent actives at least
Should be doable.

ZClba4I.png

W-00

That's definitely better than my alt's devil team, LiQuid!. Our teams should be able to manage it. I should be able to wake Frejya soon thanks to the tomorrow's carnival (as long as they aren't somehow clustered around midday Pacific), so it looks like we just have to hope that the reset doesn't come before Monday.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just got my Halloween stone clears done. Was really pleased with myself when I Typhon'd and one shot the 5th floor combo shield. I wonder if that'll ever wear off, that feeling of being pleased with myself when I do mediocre shit in this game.

That's definitely better than my alt's devil team, LiQuid!. Our teams should be able to manage it. I should be able to wake Frejya soon thanks to the tomorrow's carnival (as long as they aren't somehow clustered around midday Pacific), so it looks like we just have to hope that the reset doesn't come before Monday.
I still need like 50 ranks til 250 on that acct, so if I manage to get that before they reset the pull I'll consider it a happy accident. No expectation that it'll happen unless they push the reset off a couple weeks at least, but definitely wanna get some grinding done on him if for no other reason than I'm sick of his budget stamina bar.

b33r

Just got my Halloween stone clears done. Was really pleased with myself when I Typhon'd and one shot the 5th floor combo shield. I wonder if that'll ever wear off, that feeling of being pleased with myself when I do mediocre shit in this game

Haha, it will just change to you being mad at yourself for failing the shield. Combo shields I think are fair, maybe not like the 7+ ones. But they get in my head, I'm getting much better at them though.

But yeah, eventually you'll be able to 5 combo easily and will be mad at yourself when you don't. Trust me.

hermit7

Cannot figure out C8. That huge pre-emptive is my current block. :|

What teams do you run?

I beat it with Yomidra, with okuni up turn 1 to delay kaguya. (Get around the resolve)

Popped okuni again for the enhance on the last floor. With 2 dragons (just yomidra) I had around 34k or so health.

jiggle

Looks like I'll be dumping all my stones on day 1 for Raphael(and Krishna for alt)

Although I'd love to have more samurais and ilm and typhoon

LiQuid!

GF kinda sux for me. Some stuff I could use for my main (Luci, Krishna give me leads to coop with my alt), but I'd much rather roll on my alt for leads to coop with my main since he's got 100 stones.

I'm thinking 1 yolo roll per acct each day and wait for pcgf.

In non-GF related news KAGUYA DESCEND IS CANCER WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS

Also why do we get all our godfest news from the Euro PAD facebook? GungHo NA lazy af. They write their dates backwards in Europe, shit's fucked!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What teams do you run?

I beat it with Yomidra, with okuni up turn 1 to delay kaguya. (Get around the resolve)

Popped okuni again for the enhance on the last floor. With 2 dragons (just yomidra) I had around 34k or so health.

The only teams I run are Ronove, Sumire, and Tsubaki. I don't have subs for any other leads really. I mean, I've got a few rainbow leads as well as Okuni and Kush for combo leads...But those options aren't leveled or awoken so I can't really do much. It's frustrating because I super want that C10 reward haha.

Quantum

The only teams I run are Ronove, Sumire, and Tsubaki. I don't have subs for any other leads really. I mean, I've got a few rainbow leads as well as Okuni and Kush for combo leads...But those options aren't leveled or awoken so I can't really do much. It's frustrating because I super want that C10 reward haha.

I cleared almost every level with some form of B.Myr,

if you run sumire, why not B.Myr + Sumire for C8, it is dragon enhanced - tons of damage reduction if you have enough heart generators. Kaygua even has a 60% chance to generate hearts.

LiQuid!

Really regret not clearing Ana on my alt now since I wasn't expecting to level up my Typhon cause he wasn't devil type so I thought he didn't fit on my Oda team. I've come to realize that his active and awakenings are actually amazing for my team. I'm sure Ana will pop up again in a couple weeks like everything in this game. Just irritated at my lack of foresight.

I cleared almost every level with some form of B.Myr,

if you run sumire, why not B.Myr + Sumire for C8, it is dragon enhanced - tons of damage reduction if you have enough heart generators. Kaygua even has a 60% chance to generate hearts.

Can you post your friend ID? I'd try c8 again with sumire if you have your bmyr up since I don't have any on my list. Or just add me 380,404,479

Quantum

Really regret not clearing Ana on my alt now since I wasn't expecting to level up my Typhon cause he wasn't devil type so I thought he didn't fit on my Oda team. I've come to realize that his active and awakenings are actually amazing for my team. I'm sure Ana will pop up again in a couple weeks like everything in this game. Just irritated at my lack of foresight.

Can you post your friend ID? I'd try c8 again with sumire if you have your bmyr up since I don't have any on my list. Or just add me 380,404,479

sent. (uid - island)

LiQuid!

Thanks a lot. I'll give it another shot later and come back with a SITREP.

In the meantime trying to get some suckers to waste stamina attempting Kaguya mythical with me. 3 tries now all fails.

Actually descend carnivals are coming up today, maybe I'll try and get her to drop from one of those and save her descend for later. It really is a son of a bitch.

Bladelaw

Thanks a lot. I'll give it another shot later and come back with a SITREP.

In the meantime trying to get some suckers to waste stamina attempting Kaguya mythical with me. 3 tries now all fails.

Actually descend carnivals are coming up today, maybe I'll try and get her to drop from one of those and save her descend for later. It really is a son of a bitch.

I hate that dungeon too and generally wont run it but combo leads like Bacetet work well enough as long as you don't go overkill on Kaguya herself. If you're still looking for a clear tonight let me know on discord I'll try to help out.

Bladelaw

So I played around with the new Durga and Maeda Keiji leads. Between the two I like Durga more. Mostly because she's more forgiving in the combo department. also because I can use a couple subs I've been dying to find teams for.

I'm probably rolling on my alt in day 1. I have a home for every indian god on offer except Ganesha, and while none of the angels really do anything for me (already have Gabe, and 2 uriels. I could use the samurais too on that account so it's tough to plan rolls. I'll probably break it up, 1 roll day 1 and 2 day 2.

My Durga team:
Durga
Awoken Yomi
Lumiel
DKali
(non-ana) Typhon or Awoken Persephone

My preferred spike is usually Durga-->Lumiel-->Awoken Yomi and Lumiel was hitting ~20 million damage with a few prongs. Naturally the team is vulnerable to binds but Dkali's heart row has worked well enough. Dkali-->Awoken Persephone is also a solid burst board too. The real strength is Durga's RCV is NUTS. If you use her active and do a decent job matching with hearts you'll be back up to full no problem. Her HP is low enough that a shield might be worth using but I was very happy with the performance of finally having a decent dark tpa team.

Maede Keiji played like a better Sakuya. The color component isn't too important since it's pretty forgiving, the trick (for me) is consistently hitting the combo threshold to do real damage. If you can, you get Ra Dragon levels of damage with similar consistency but without a couple of the bonuses (like unbindable leaders). Really any solid rainbow team can go here but I basically swapped him in for Ra Dragon on that team and had similar performance. Not bad by any means, probably more attainable than Ra Dragon, and serves as a useful inherit if locked orbs are a problem.

But man, Durga is so much fun to play.

Jagernaut

I cheesed my way through c8 with Godin/ALB.

Godin
Michael
A Parvati
Freyja
Zeus Dios
ALB

Enough auto heal to stall forever on floors 1 and 4, burst the rest. Easy.

Jagernaut

So I played around with the new Durga and Maeda Keiji leads. Between the two I like Durga more. Mostly because she's more forgiving in the combo department. also because I can use a couple subs I've been dying to find teams for.

I'm probably rolling on my alt in day 1. I have a home for every indian god on offer except Ganesha, and while none of the angels really do anything for me (already have Gabe, and 2 uriels. I could use the samurais too on that account so it's tough to plan rolls. I'll probably break it up, 1 roll day 1 and 2 day 2.

My Durga team:
Durga
Awoken Yomi
Lumiel
DKali
(non-ana) Typhon or Awoken Persephone

My preferred spike is usually Durga-->Lumiel-->Awoken Yomi and Lumiel was hitting ~20 million damage with a few prongs. Naturally the team is vulnerable to binds but Dkali's heart row has worked well enough. Dkali-->Awoken Persephone is also a solid burst board too. The real strength is Durga's RCV is NUTS. If you use her active and do a decent job matching with hearts you'll be back up to full no problem. Her HP is low enough that a shield might be worth using but I was very happy with the performance of finally having a decent dark tpa team.

Maede Keiji played like a better Sakuya. The color component isn't too important since it's pretty forgiving, the trick (for me) is consistently hitting the combo threshold to do real damage. If you can, you get Ra Dragon levels of damage with similar consistency but without a couple of the bonuses (like unbindable leaders). Really any solid rainbow team can go here but I basically swapped him in for Ra Dragon on that team and had similar performance. Not bad by any means, probably more attainable than Ra Dragon, and serves as a useful inherit if locked orbs are a problem.

But man, Durga is so much fun to play.

Once I fully awaken my max skilled Durga I'll test her out. Her leader skill is pretty easy to activate since you can use hearts to substitute for one of her colors. Pandora works for her.

b33r

Definitely pulling day 1, would love a Krishna or Ganesh. Dragon callers on both days too. Would also love Gremory.

I know I'll probably get a cyber Dragon and another lmeta.

LiQuid!

I hate that dungeon too and generally wont run it but combo leads like Bacetet work well enough as long as you don't go overkill on Kaguya herself. If you're still looking for a clear tonight let me know on discord I'll try to help out.

I very likely will, I'll send you a message if I see you online later, thanks.

Trying to find someone to run Descend Carnival 1 with (Discord dead atm) until Kaguya drops and maybe Arrival 1 for stone after, but mostly just Descend 1.

edit: rofl I dunno if someone from here just played that DC1 with me but LMAO my Sumire team is NOT ready for primetime. Team isn't even fully awoken, team isn't leveled for shit, team has zero time extends. That was struggle, but at least I got my Kaguya!

Aesnath

The Halloween egg machine is filled with sadness.

Two more pulls:

Mulan (3rd overall)
H. Vampire

I'm not asking for a alot, just a four star silver!

b33r

So I just tried machine Hera with Anaphon, on my attempted kill shot I hit her into rage zone and died. Used a stone to kill and got it back for clearing the dungeon. Gives me something to work on even though I know most people don't use her anymore.

W-00

Ooph, three runs of Descended Carnival 2 before Gaia dropped. Oh well, at least she did and my alt's Frejya is now awoken.

Looks like the stones on my main are staying safe this GF. It already has Michael (as of yesterday), 2x Raphael, and Sarasvati, and none of the others on Day 1 would do anything for it. Day 2 is a little bit more tempting for the samurai (especially Mori), but my main already has 2x Akechi and doesn't actually need the rest.

My alt will have to roll at least once on Day 2, though. Akechi, Ishida, Lumiel, and to a lesser extent Ruel would all be excellent additions to its box.

Bladelaw

Clearing out coin dungeons for stones. No needed skill ups except maybe Diadem in Dark armored dragons. Hoping the mechanical star 1 skill ups are in the next rotation. I really want to skill up Castor and Antares.

Clearing out coin dungeons for stones. No needed skill ups except maybe Diadem in Dark armored dragons. Hoping the mechanical star 1 skill ups are in the next rotation. I really want to skill up Castor and Antares.

Should I skill up Castor now or wait for the inevitable super ultra mega evolution reborn or whatever? I hate having to choose between the two highest-tier forms.

LiQuid!

God dang it. I tried to do C8 again and failed miserably.

I put together a savage Bastet team with like a zillion seconds of time extend cause I realized there was no reason for me to run him mono green when I didn't have enough prongs to justify it and comboing more effectively would mean better damage anyways.

Anyways, first hit I accidentally skyfall'd an infinite combo and one shot Kaguya but triggered her resolve. Then I tried to reign it in a little bit and measure out a smaller combo but I still skyfall'd too hard, put her under her 30% power move HP and she killed me in 2 hits.

She bound all 3 of my devils too and I forgot to bring a bind clear on the team. Oops.

Jagernaut

Should I skill up Castor now or wait for the inevitable super ultra mega evolution reborn or whatever? I hate having to choose between the two highest-tier forms.

Castor won't change skills until the Awoken version, which won't happen for a long time since he just got split ultimates recently. Skill him up now.

I just really want another black heartmaker and T&S are supposed to be a common--It should be doable!!!

Chasing silvers in this REM really isn't worth it. You'd be better of rolling in a good GF with a dark gala going on. It's up to you how to spend your stones, but this Halloween REM is rough.

LiQuid!

Starting to seem like soloing stuff with a row team isn't great. If I don't have enough actives to make a row happen I do zero damage so the only other option is to stall and save orbs and hope you don't die. My alt's team feels super strong in co-op but I can't pass these challenge mode dungeons to save my life.

Bladelaw

Starting to seem like soloing stuff with a row team isn't great. If I don't have enough actives to make a row happen I do zero damage so the only other option is to stall and save orbs and hope you don't die. My alt's team feels super strong in co-op but I can't pass these challenge mode dungeons to save my life.

Most row teams are tanky to compensate for exactly that. Problem is most of this stuff hits real hard. The trick to C8 is if possible bring dragons. You can take advantage of Kaguya's resolve to "kill" her repeatedly and effectively stall that way. Other options specifically for Kaguya is bring a 25% gravity to break her resolve then just kill her.

Re: Castor skill ups, if the next rotation has mechanical star god skill ups I'd take advantage of them. I'm guessing they will since it's been a while since they were in the rotation. we'll find out in a few days either way.

LiQuid!

Finally beat C6 with the alt's Oda team. Had to stone it and still ran out of actives and had to stall for dark orbs on Tengu, nearly failing anyways, but I did it. Even with 3 of my monsters bound triggering Oda's leader skill did like 75% of Tengu's HP worth of damage. I was sure I was going to lose.

edit...

FVOAUDHGOUHDGOHUADGUH

FUck Kaguya's 10% chance 90% gravity... jmhbn,kfbghcjvngfthbcyjkuiolwesadZjuikyhl,dfsxrzjukyhifrdesxuijkyhrdesfxuijkyhsderfx

b33r

Haha yeah this game. Missed my cutoff to make it two rows instead of a big blob on Dkali and hit her to like 2%... At least I know that will kill Lkali. And thanks Bladelaw, that Anaphon>Satsuki>Akechi hits hard.

idk why it was so difficult to find someone willing to run Thursday dungeon with me but I finally mega super evo'd one of my Avalon Drakes, and looking at his awakenings I probably shouldn't have ignored him before.

I assume there's a coin dungeon rotation that has skillup material? Because he would look good on a Perseus/ALB team.

W-00

I assume there's a coin dungeon rotation that has skillup material? Because he would look good on a Perseus/ALB team.

Wood and Dark Dog Dragons. Its skill-up material is one of the two bosses, so even under the best circumstances you only have a 50% chance of getting it to drop, which really sucks and is the reason I haven't skilled mine up yet, even though it's my go-to combo-shield solution for ALB.

Kreed

Finally cleared C10 by combining my Myr and Ana Typhon teams:

Myr
Sleeping Beauty
Ana Typhon
Satsuki
Moogle
Myr + create dark, light, heart orbs for the final round

My Ana Typhon team isn't max skilled yet so I kept losing during the dark/light absorb round, but this team with Moogle made it simple.

LiQuid!

EU gets 3 extra days worth of free magic stones then we do. Is that a common thing? Kinda sore about it tbh

Got a badpy from arena yesterday so I bit the bullet and made Anaphon. Still need 2 more to max skill her, but I really wanted to mess around with her, especially since her team is immediately hypered.

If anyone wants to do any co-op arena runs this weekend feel free to hit me up.

J0dy77

Finally got through One Shot C10, stopped fooling around trying to Gimmick through the light absorb floor with Myr and Sumire and Switched to XM. Pretty straightforward for her. The old girl gets no love but she's still amazing when she needs to be. :)

Top Bottom