• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

EU gets 3 extra days worth of free magic stones then we do. Is that a common thing? Kinda sore about it tbh

EU got their Anniversary event and player bonus resets earlier this month. Our event is probably shorter because our Anniversary event is coming soon. We aren't always in sync.

Bladelaw

Got a badpy from arena yesterday so I bit the bullet and made Anaphon. Still need 2 more to max skill her, but I really wanted to mess around with her, especially since her team is immediately hypered.

If anyone wants to do any co-op arena runs this weekend feel free to hit me up.

I have a Halloween party I'm going to sat or sun but the other day I'll be down. Do you have any inherits on your team?

I'm running
Anaphon
Akechi
Yomidragon
Plum
Satsuki

I feel like I could slot a delay on Satsuki. My biggest issues with Anaphon in arena is Kagu and Sopdet. Sop's not too bad if you have actives to burn for rows but Kagu is super tough to plink down to his safe zone. I have enough dark latents to solo tank dkali with a cross so we should be ok to just burn a turn on dkali if she shows up. Otherwise we can just wreck Lkali. There's enough hastes to bring almost anything up as we need it too.

I have a Halloween party I'm going to sat or sun but the other day I'll be down. Do you have any inherits on your team?

I'm running
Anaphon
Akechi
Yomidragon
Plum
Satsuki

I feel like I could slot a delay on Satsuki. My biggest issues with Anaphon in arena is Kagu and Sopdet. Sop's not too bad if you have actives to burn for rows but Kagu is super tough to plink down to his safe zone. I have enough dark latents to solo tank dkali with a cross so we should be ok to just burn a turn on dkali if she shows up. Otherwise we can just wreck Lkali. There's enough hastes to bring almost anything up as we need it too.

Right now mine looks like
Akechi
Satsuki
Gremory
Plum

I could replace Gremory with another Satsuki if more fire power is needed but I don't have the 2nd Satsuki plussed. Balanced akechi isn't plussed either but I think he's going to get my +297 holder. I haven't looked at possible inherits. I've got a handful of inheritable delays, like orochi and A. SQ. It seems like this team will have crazy HP in co-op.

Bladelaw

Right now mine looks like
Akechi
Satsuki
Gremory
Plum

I could replace Gremory with another Satsuki if more fire power is needed but I don't have the 2nd Satsuki plussed. Balanced akechi isn't plussed either but I think he's going to get my +297 holder. I haven't looked at possible inherits. I've got a handful of inheritable delays, like orochi and A. SQ. It seems like this team will have crazy HP in co-op.

Firepower is definitely not a problem, keep Gremory for the heart making. Really it's just to crack fatty and Awoken Mei Mei everything else doesn't matter.

I'm not sure what inherits I'd use or who I'd put them on. My delay options are many and varied:
ASQ
Woodbahn (seriously)
Okuni
Orochi
Zeta Hydra

I just checked sopdet's damage: 287966 so depending on how we roll a 75% shield inherit would also buy us time. I have Rain, Indra (awoken and non awoken) as options too. I'm thinking Satsuki is the best target for a delay.

Firepower is definitely not a problem, keep Gremory for the heart making. Really it's just to crack fatty and Awoken Mei Mei everything else doesn't matter.

I'm not sure what inherits I'd use or who I'd put them on. My delay options are many and varied:
ASQ
Woodbahn (seriously)
Okuni
Orochi
Zeta Hydra

I just checked sopdet's damage: 287966 so depending on how we roll a 75% shield inherit would also buy us time. I have Rain, Indra (awoken and non awoken) as options too. I'm thinking Satsuki is the best target for a delay.

Yeah, Satsuki seems like the best base, since her active is good but not as essential as others. Might be able to put a skill on an Anaphon because you might not need 2 board changes, but that's a good skill to be missing out on. If we can get Kagu and Sopdet down to 100% it'd be worth it. Kagu ruins my solo Gremory runs.

Decided my next goal is to get my alt M.Zeus in 5-10 stones. My guess is Pandora co-op is going to be my best bet. Might take some delays. I haven't used my mains MZeus in forever, but having one on my alt would make co-op Z8 farming super easy and readily available whenever I need super kings or MP. After that, I think it's getting a team that can clear Arena 3, which could probably be Minerva, but I'd need to farm MP for the blue puppet girl. That's probably worth it if it lets me farm A3 for the radar dragons since I need to for RaDra's ult. Need to study that team and see how it works.

Kinda fun to have these projects going on. Being able to see a path towards A3 is pretty cool.

hermit7

Finally got through One Shot C10, stopped fooling around trying to Gimmick through the light absorb floor with Myr and Sumire and Switched to XM. Pretty straightforward for her. The old girl gets no love but she's still amazing when she needs to be. :)

Yeah beat it with her as well. Used Valen for insurance and stalled. Then burst on the last floor.

She is too good for solo play, but with the shift to multiplayer doesn't get much love.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the Rare Monster Infestation dungeon worth running? And how tough is it? Is it doable with Ronove/Sumire/Tsubaki at all?

E: Nevermind. RMI 25 with Ronove was silly AND quite beneficial. Got a few goodies out of it.

Bladelaw

Is the Rare Monster Infestation dungeon worth running? And how tough is it? Is it doable with Ronove/Sumire/Tsubaki at all?

E: Nevermind. RMI 25 with Ronove was silly AND quite beneficial. Got a few goodies out of it.

Pretty much the best place to get jewels outside of an event. Too bad there's isn't a tier for specific jewels.

Okamid3n

Anyone wants to run Star treasure thieves' den in 15 minutes or so? I've got no dungeon to run so I'm planning on using my STTD dungeon quest up. I'm looking to do 20 runs at least.

All you need is two skill boosts total and some sort of fire lead. (Goemon, Yamato, Awoken Cao Cao, Shiva Dragon, Rodin). I'll button through the whole thing.

EDIT : found someone

I keep dying in JP C9, which uses a Ronove fixed team in Myth+ Hera Rush and really highlights why he is his own best sub. Keep running out of heart making actives by the time I hit the Zera floor.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
RMI sucks. I failed it 3 times last time it came around cause ALBros insist on using their Zeuses on the first 3, easiest floors instead of matching and saving actives for the harder floors.

Bladelaw

I feel like I should farm up and max skill a Zera. Having a 45% gravity available has quite a few uses. Every >50% resolve is handled, enemies with massive HP pools are boned (Kali, Mzeus, Mhera, not Mathena due to Damage Shield, don't know about Radars). It just seems like it'd be a nice tool to have.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel like I should farm up and max skill a Zera. Having a 45% gravity available has quite a few uses. Every >50% resolve is handled, enemies with massive HP pools are boned (Kali, Mzeus, Mhera, not Mathena due to Damage Shield, don't know about Radars). It just seems like it'd be a nice tool to have.

I have tried and failed multiple times on Zera. That's a pretty tough dungeon. It's always on the last floor, too. One day!

Jagernaut

I have tried and failed multiple times on Zera. That's a pretty tough dungeon. It's always on the last floor, too. One day!

2 simple ways to beat boss.

1. Bring counterattack and spike hard with 5 or more combo, Z&H will be killed by counter when they try to retaliate.

2. Bring delay, wait 2 turns for status shield to wear off. Delay and make 5 or more combos until Z&H is dead.

Awoken Shiva works well in this dungeon.

b33r

I keep dying in JP C9, which uses a Ronove fixed team in Myth+ Hera Rush and really highlights why he is his own best sub. Keep running out of heart making actives by the time I hit the Zera floor.

So much this, I have failed this dungeon like 5 times already. It's the only one I have left but I might give up on it. Such a shit team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
C8 finally fucking done. Used Sumire/You Yu and got CRAZY lucky with skyfalls. Thor's CD bummer is what ruined me multiple runs prior to this.

C9 and C10 are all that's left. For C9, thinking of running a 6* Ronove team. Doesn't look like there's anything too crazy there. C10 will be interesting...Not sure what to run there yet. Got a few days to figure it out!

Rasamune

Neo Member
RMI sucks. I failed it 3 times last time it came around cause ALBros insist on using their Zeuses on the first 3, easiest floors instead of matching and saving actives for the harder floors.

I feel your pain but it sounds like it's not the dungeon that sucks

Bladelaw

2 simple ways to beat boss.

1. Bring counterattack and spike hard with 5 or more combo, Z&H will be killed by counter when they try to retaliate.

2. Bring delay, wait 2 turns for status shield to wear off. Delay and make 5 or more combos until Z&H is dead.

Awoken Shiva works well in this dungeon.

As Jager points out a counterattack works well enough. I have an ALB team I use to run it using Astaroth's counterattack for the kill shot. It's not bad once you get to that point. Just need to have 5 SBR for the Ceres floor, a bicolor board for Minerva, a counterattack + dios + double row changer for Zera.

FL1: ALB kill
FL2: Avalon Drake
FL3: Spica
FL4: Dios
FL5: Dios
FL6: Astaroth-->Dios-->Double row changer (Kaoru, Sado, Vaan)

The whole process is pretty quick but there's just so many skill ups...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I feel your pain but it sounds like it's not the dungeon that sucks

No, actually the dungeon sucks a lot. It's 7 floors of trash just so you can get a 20% chance at getting the jewel you want at the end. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the only reliable way to get jewels. They need to put jewels on a daily like keepers with a separate dungeon for each attribute. RMI can have a seat.

No, actually the dungeon sucks a lot. It's 7 floors of trash just so you can get a 20% chance at getting the jewel you want at the end. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the only reliable way to get jewels. They need to put jewels on a daily like keepers with a separate dungeon for each attribute. RMI can have a seat.

The most reliable way to get jewels is to clear challenge dungeons :lol.

I have a bunch in my inbox and I don't even farm jewels. The hell am I going to do with 24 water jewels and 22 dark jewels?

hermit7

Anyone done m. Athena?

What teams were used? Strategies?

I have some decent green machines (Avalon, Balboa, Spica) and was curious if she was worth it.

jay23

Yup once you've been clearing challenges for a while u don't need to worry about farming jewels. I have a huge stash saved up in my inbox just from that.

Jagernaut

Anyone done m. Athena?

I have some decent green machines (Avalon, Balboa, Spica) and was curious if she was worth it.

If you have Godin, I posted a good double Godin team setup for M Athena a couple of weeks ago. Post # 7678.

Anyone done m. Athena?

Everyone seems to use Grodin for it. I guess the Tampa one you get from this C10 works. Blade posted about it a few pages back. She's definitely worth getting if you have the subs. Farms arena really fast.

jiggle

4/33 dios skill ups
FU game!!!

Finally took down nordis
Getting spoiled by alb really

Everyone seems to use Grodin for it. I guess the Tampa one you get from this C10 works. Blade posted about it a few pages back. She's definitely worth getting if you have the subs. Farms arena really fast.
What are her optimal subs?

LiQuid!

Max skilled my Lkali today, why don't you guys just try gittin gud tho?

mzeus can eat a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

W-00

Finally got around to making Bacetet to deal with the no-awakenings challenge, since my normal options can't have nukes ready before the auto-kills. First attempt went miserably. Currently training in the No-Awakenings True Endless to try and get my combo skills back up to snuff.

Jagernaut

After a couple failures with Myr and You Yu, I cleared c9 with ALB once again.

ALB
Dios
Dios
Avalon Drake
A Astaroth - for buff to force Z8 to dispel
ALB (A Ra inherit)

1.You can stall on Ifrit (if you don't attack by matching wood or light) until Ra inherit is up.
2. ALB with 5 combo for Wadatsumi.
3. Drake on shield knights
4. Dios on Venus
5. Astaroth and stall first turn, Dios on 2nd turn for Z8 kill

LiQuid!

Man, RMI such a pita. Beat like 5 runs of it, all light jewels and 1 water jewel. Just had a failed run where I got boned cuz of skill bind. If I had a stupid green jewel I could evo my card and not have to worry about it. Such struggle.

6th run, another light jewel. 5 light jewels out of 6 runs I am cry T_T

Man, RMI such a pita. Beat like 5 runs of it, all light jewels and 1 water jewel. Just had a failed run where I got boned cuz of skill bind. If I had a stupid green jewel I could evo my card and not have to worry about it. Such struggle.

6th run, another light jewel. 5 light jewels out of 6 runs I am cry T_T

If you haven't been doing a lot of descends, a lot of the easier ones give out jewels as quest rewards. It's easier and probably more stamina efficient than sinking hours of stamina buildup for a 1-in-5 jewel chance.

LiQuid!

Yeah I got the jewel for the zeus descend already. The only other ones I can get are Hera beorc and some technical dungeon that would require me making a bunch of progress in those for a couple days. It's struggle either way. I've give up for now. Like everything else in this game, it'll just happened when it happens. Pretty frustrating. You're either a slave to time or stamina in this game at all times. My OCD is pretty much constantly being triggered.

edit: omg last of my stamina got a green jewel FRG ) ) O( EFTGYEQFYG^F

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on the internet, if you complain enough ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Keep the dream alive, kids. Good things happen to bad people.

Quantum

Yeah I got the jewel for the zeus descend already. The only other ones I can get are Hera beorc and some technical dungeon that would require me making a bunch of progress in those for a couple days. It's struggle either way. I've give up for now. Like everything else in this game, it'll just happened when it happens. Pretty frustrating. You're either a slave to time or stamina in this game at all times. My OCD is pretty much constantly being triggered.

edit: omg last of my stamina got a green jewel FRG ) ) O( EFTGYEQFYG^F

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on the internet, if you complain enough ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Keep the dream alive, kids. Good things happen to bad people.

I've always found complaining helps rng.

edit:

going to throw salt because I have no good green teams and end up deleting the damned things because I have no use for them:
p99dS

edit2: has it been that long since I've tried to push an image - imgur doesn't work anymore?

LiQuid!

I've always found complaining helps rng.

edit:

going to throw salt because I have no good green teams and end up deleting the damned things because I have no use for them:
p99dS

edit2: has it been that long since I've tried to push an image - imgur doesn't work anymore?

You linked to an image without an extension in the url.

This is what you were trying to do

FHjvjH7.png

Also you're a bad person.

In more complaining news, I ran a full bar of stamina worth of light carnival. Went 0/5 on Wukong skills, 0/3 on Lmeta, 0/7 on mystic light knight, 'bout to level up and do it all over again!

Quantum

You linked to an image without an extension in the url.

This is what you were trying to do

FHjvjH7.png

Also you're a bad person.

In more complaining news, I ran a full bar of stamina worth of light carnival. Went 0/5 on Wukong skills, 0/3 on Lmeta, 0/7 on mystic light knight, 'bout to level up and do it all over again!

on point one - thanks, I'm going to blame imgur as I just copied and pasted, but at least I understand what went wrong for next time.

on point two - yeah - maybe a little - although I'll blame it on lack of sleep last night and martinis at keens (there is no such thing as personal responsibility anymore, so much easier to blame "reasons").

Truthfully - ever since the great GFE GGY was downgraded I've hated green. Gungho started a personal war which they will rue!
- has any other GFE been so rudely removed?

jay23

I'm still holding out hope for GGY but I'm pretty sure gzl, lzl, rgy, and apocalypse were all removed from gfe around the same time. Apocalypse is the only one to receive a new uevo.

Jagernaut

Godin is back! Cleared c10 with a double Godin team.

Godin (Thanatos)
Spica (Muse) - for God killer awakening
Michael
Hera Beorc
Zeus Dios - hyper, only one with plusses
Godin

Only real danger is light skyfall that will keep light shield knights alive. Hera Is, Hera, and Pure can't kill you. You can kill Hera with no skills and save them for the shield knights. Zeus Dios + Beorc will kill if no light skyfall. Thanatos will keep you alive and Michael will give you another chance to kill.

Wait out Myr's 5 turn damage absorb (used Thanatos to be safe, not sure if needed), unbind with Godin, and then Dios + Beorc + Muse inherit for kill.

Okamid3n

Sometimes when I'm too lazy to use discord, I open a scarlet descended room with ALB and this dude from my friend list joins. He has the perfect team to farm it, and he knows the strategy...except for one thing. He always eats the green orbs on the first Scarlet form! I tried to communicate to him that I need at least one plussed orb on the board through my "Nice!" spam, but it didn't work. Luckily, I'd always get one plussed orb somewhere on the board somehow, or a skyfall happened.

But this time, he did TWO green combos for some reason and ate all the plus orbs. We had no plusses on the board, I spammed "Nice!" and my board change didn't kill scarlet. I thought, "FINALLY, he will probably understand!"

Next runs we do, he eats the greens again. ;_;

I'd send him a message in-game but I actually find it kind of funny, so whatever.

Most people probably don't know what I'm talking about right now.

I even tried taking the greens as far away as possible while putting the light orbs next to each other once. He took it as a mission to link up the green orbs anyway.

^^^ Yeah I was just about to post my room on PADx and discord once for some guerrilla dungeon and all of a sudden one of my ALB friends joined, it was a very strange experience. I imagine expanding your friends list would make it more common.

But I'm totally serious about a 100% skillup weekend or something. It's so obnoxiously tedious, especially when skill rotations limit the ability to effectively farm certain skillups.

Bladelaw

Ok anyone running Mathena:

I can run either side of the arena farm team with a couple special notes:
1) If I run lead swap Kotodama is one skill up short of hyper so we'd need to stall a turn to swap back in the event we hit sopdet.

2) no clue who I should pull from my team to slide Kotodama into if I'm the lead swap.

The base team is:
Mathena
Rag Drag
Avalon Drake
Spica
Balboa

I can swap out any of the above for Kotodama, I'm guessing Balboa is the expendable one. Drake's board is needed for a full enhanced green, Spica's god killer is too good to lose, Rag Drag is basically a requirement to run the team, Balboa has killers and an ok active but that's all he brings to the party.

divusrex

After a couple failures with Myr and You Yu, I cleared c9 with ALB once again.

ALB
Dios
Dios
Avalon Drake
A Astaroth - for buff to force Z8 to dispel
ALB (A Ra inherit)

1.You can stall on Ifrit (if you don't attack by matching wood or light) until Ra inherit is up.
2. ALB with 5 combo for Wadatsumi.
3. Drake on shield knights
4. Dios on Venus
5. Astaroth and stall first turn, Dios on 2nd turn for Z8 kill

Was your entire team hypermaxed? I'm having difficulty with C9 right now with YY and I'm debating whether or not to mimic your set-up.

Jagernaut

Was your entire team hypermaxed? I'm having difficulty with C9 right now with YY and I'm debating whether or not to mimic your set-up.

ALB leads and the 2 Dios were hyper, not sure if necessary. If you do run this team, prep the board for ALB skill to make 5 combos on Wadatsumi. Drake is unreliable, I failed the first time when Drake gave me 22 light and only 8 green. I made a 3 combo and got no skyfalls.

On Ifrit, when he is on a 2 timer I match 3 orbs while avoiding my own colors. Move as little as possible to avoid setting off a cascade. When he is on a 1 timer I move an orb without matching.

W-00

Gotta love that desire sensor. I decided to finally get around to evolving all the copperheads I got from the Batman collab so I could use them as skill-up fodder. To do that, I needed to level them up a little bit. 'No problem,' I figure, 'I'll just farm a few emerald dragons, That will surely give me a bunch of the small ones so I won't be wasting exp feeding big ones to a monster with a lvl cap of 25.'

And then I proceed to have one of my best farming dragon farming sessions ever, with only one of them being a little dragon. And I can't stand the idea of wasting the big ones on skill-up fodder.

In retrospect, I suppose I should have gone for the lower exp dungeon.

In similar news: after failing C7 miserably with Bacetet a couple times yesterday, I figured out that a mono-green team probably wasn't the best idea, and swapped to a rainbow of board-changers. That should give me a chance to do decent damage no matter what colors are prominent on the board.

Except... there haven't been any Bacetets in my partner list all day! Not even any A. Bastets! The best I could get was Kushinadahime, but she didn't work out, either.

I wish they gave combo leads a shield at certain amount of combos. Like 35% shield at 6 and 50% at 7 or something. by far my fav leads in this game. my bacetet is so much more enjoyable to use than Myr but man is it a glass canon.

I wish they gave combo leads a shield at certain amount of combos. Like 35% shield at 6 and 50% at 7 or something. by far my fav leads in this game. my bacetet is so much more enjoyable to use than Myr but man is it a glass canon.

That would be even more broken than heart cross, 7 combo is super easy to get.

Top Bottom