• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

There should be some kind of bonus for clearing screen really
We don't even have a leader who skill is based on the amount of the board cleared

Since back way back when heroes debuted and the games started to shift heavy on board changers and rows. I always figured we would get a leader skill whose atk multiplier would be determined by how much the board you cleared.

100% clear 5 atk
75% clear 3.5 atk
50% clear 2.5 atk
25% clear 1.5 atk

Something like that and maybe a small unconditional multiplier or multiplier based on combos, or when a skill is used, etc.

Since orb changers are so normal these days I imagine, if they ever released a card like that to keep the game balanced no orb changers allowed. So it will be all skill.

b33r

I finally beat that shitty JP challenge 9 with the fixed Ronove team. What a pain in the ass, I think I tried it like 7 or 8 times...

Kreed

That would be even more broken than heart cross, 7 combo is super easy to get.

They're going to have to do some variation this eventually if they want to keep people using combo leads against all the new mechanics they've introduced to prevent one turn killing opponents and/or floors that will kill sub 30k HP leads. Maybe something more along the lines of a 1 turn skill activation requirement (ex: 25% damage reduction on the turn a skill is used for Devil cards).

b33r

They just made dark Kanna, she's a combo lead and tanky. 2.25 hp for dragons and gods and 27x+ and 2.25 rcv for 5 or more combos. The multiplier is low, but she is a triple pronger and it adds up. Excited for her.

Edit: a video of her - https://youtu.be/o6J7zDGA9J0

I must have spent ~600 stamina trying to clear challenge 5 (no skills) to no avail, I think I'll just shrug it off and try to get some other teams going for the next round of challenges :(

Especially tough when I don't have many combo leads and nobody runs LKali or Isis or anything, even pairing with A.Sakuya or DQXQ or something similar isn't sufficient.

But whatever, I've been breezing through Mythical descends with my traveling band Ronnie and his Honeys. I just wish I could start clearing some of the time-limited stuff.

Kwhit10

After a couple failures with Myr and You Yu, I cleared c9 with ALB once again.

ALB
Dios
Dios
Avalon Drake
A Astaroth - for buff to force Z8 to dispel
ALB (A Ra inherit)

1.You can stall on Ifrit (if you don't attack by matching wood or light) until Ra inherit is up.
2. ALB with 5 combo for Wadatsumi.
3. Drake on shield knights
4. Dios on Venus
5. Astaroth and stall first turn, Dios on 2nd turn for Z8 kill

Thanks for the tip I did this with freyja replacing astaroth

Godin is back! Cleared c10 with a double Godin team.

Godin (Thanatos)
Spica (Muse) - for God killer awakening
Michael
Hera Beorc
Zeus Dios - hyper, only one with plusses
Godin

Only real danger is light skyfall that will keep light shield knights alive. Hera Is, Hera, and Pure can't kill you. You can kill Hera with no skills and save them for the shield knights. Zeus Dios + Beorc will kill if no light skyfall. Thanatos will keep you alive and Michael will give you another chance to kill.

Wait out Myr's 5 turn damage absorb (used Thanatos to be safe, not sure if needed), unbind with Godin, and then Dios + Beorc + Muse inherit for kill.

I did grodin/dios/dios/spica/freyja/grodin(thanatos)

Used dios/freyja on floor 3. Got all skills back up on 4. Waited out myr 5 turn reduction, cleared binds and waited after myr heals herself then thanatos and freyja->Dios, and then Dios again.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've finally reached a point where I think it's prudent to start seriously considering inheriting some skills. Prob is, a lot of the skills I want to inherit aren't maxed and I'm afraid that the combined cooldown of both skills is going to make them mostly unusable.

For instance, I would really like to inherit my Kraken Rider active onto both my Ronove and Sumire team and I use my Sherias on both of those teams (and his own active is not super useful to either) but their combined cooldown is like 25 turns. Is this even worth inheriting like this?

Hm, I broke and used the last of my tamas and a snow globe to get my Balboa up and running because I saw a friend with a Balboa up (I've never seen a friend run A.Artemis).

WOW the damage without any skills necessary, just match one green, one blue, and try and make a few prongs and damn. If Medjedra hadn't repeatedly eaten all the hearts and skyfall had been nicer I would have cleared it easy.

Also I hope that expanding my friends list means more randoms will appear when I'm looking to run a dungeon.

edit: ok, so it was probably worth a stone to chance it after dying on Medjedra and get the snow globe, and then breeze through c6 with Ronald

god bless balboa.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What subs did you use with Bilbo? I never even tried running him as lead cuz my green subs are kinda dismal, which is surprising considering how many of them I have. Best pronger I got is GZL and his active's kinda wack.

jEtzX7k.png

It's not even a great Bulba team! And I didn't even pair with Artemis, just another Bulba!

But all I did with the big board was try and prong one blue and or one green and do what I could with the remaining time and I ended up hitting ~350k per card per turn, which was enough.

The sad part about blowing a snow globe and my remaining tamas on him is that I have a better farm team in Perseus, a better OP team in Ronald, and unless he gets a new form soon he's useless as a sub. Oh well.

LiQuid!

Dang you didn't even have a lot of prongs on your team. I guess the unconditional multipliers are just that strong. Maybe I'll make an Artemis friend and give it a shot. After playing so much Ronlove it's really hard to go back to Ace cat cuz he couldn't tank his way out of a wet paper bag.

LiQuid!

0/20 on Wukong skill feeds (3/20 on alt) Fuck this game actually, what are we doing with our lives people???

LiQuid!

Maybe if I quit this crap and come back in a year or two they will just start every card at max skill level.

Skill levels are too damn important to be such an intensive process. They need to make a pii invade that comes around once a week like tamas and predras.

W-00

Okay, I think I'm officially done trying to beat this bloody C7 dungeon. It's a damn rare occasion that I even get beyond F1, and the one time I got further than C2 (using Coy's Bacetet - thanks Coy!) those damn shieldras killed me! A dungeon that doesn't give a stone is not worth so much stamina!

At least a better challenge arrives tomorrow.

Bladelaw

Managed to clear Arena with Dr. LawyerCop with Anaphon.

2 things:
1) Combo shields are bad because I'm bad.
2) co-op anaphon has ALL the HP.

I ranked up from our run and figured I'd try it again with my alt's Myr team. We(?) actually managed to clear it rather cleanly. No sopdet spawn to really test the team there but hey I can at least have a 80% reliable arena clear team.

In case anyone was wondering my Myr team:
Myr (Snow White)
Wukong (unskilled Gadius for kagu)
Apocalypse
Awoken Venus (Ars Nova)
Elia

Alt:
Myr (skill lvl 10)
Fragrem (Saria's skillup)
Sherias Roots
Apocalypse
Wedding Cinderella

on my alt only Myr was 297 though roots and apoc are ~+250 from stream rewards, cinderella was level 19 totally unplussed and unskilled but fully awoken. Roots and Fragrem were max skilled.

With full HP and a cross shield we tanked DKali's hit then just spanked her with a basic apoc board.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
C10 done with a modified Ronove team. Shamelessly spent 3 stones on it, but I don't even care. Wanted that Tamazo! Stones all came due to a bad combo and putting her right into her 20% enrage. Time Saw is no joke and my team was not good at refreshing orbs like my main Ronove squad, ha.

Bladelaw

Finally found a reliable coop setup for my alt and I to run Sea of Stars. After looking at the boss rewards I noticed something very interesting.

They're a pretty mindless 64x lead assuming you can consistently clear the dungeon. I bring this up because while it's not ALB/Dios level of mindless farming, it's kind of close.

The teams do have stipulations, Deightros leads, Achtos and Deighk need to be on the team leaving you only 2 team spots to play with. This isn't terrible as their base stats are decent (~800ish of course) and awakenings are great. If you have end game level teams and can't get on any of the coop trains this could be a way around it.

Skilling them up is of course a nightmare. Once you have a team to clear it the dungeon still takes too long mostly because of Niflheim. Once that's done though three members of the team can generate enough orbs to activate in an emergency and Achtros gives you enough blue to do whatever you need. Of course the lack of a Dios level sub and mindless activation drops the appeal but hey even if you don't run the team as subs both the 8 dragons are useful.

If you're wondering I went with the following teams:
Myr (snow white)
Wedding Satsuki
Apocalypse
Awoken Venus (Ars Nova)
Xmas Archangel

Alt:
Myr
Sanosuke (any defense void works I was just hoping to break resolve, didn't work)
Sherias Roots
Apocalypse
Xmas Archangel

Delay Niflheim the turn before his buff wears off then kill him once his guard is down

on the boss floor delay them the turn before their buff drops off then clear the locked orbs. Then defense break, pass, and make a kill board.

what are typical button teams people are using to run the tamadra dungeons?

it's awkward building a janky perseus team for ALB farming and then everyone requesting buttons on discord. I have Ra and Goemon but I don't know about others. Red Odin? Lilith?

Bladelaw

it's awkward building a janky perseus team for ALB farming and then everyone requesting buttons on discord. I have Ra and Goemon but I don't know about others. Red Odin? Lilith?
I just run all awoken Ra's

jiggle

Banes or Darkseid for farmables
I think taiko drum also

*takes notes

also the Descended Challenge looks like it will be very friendly to my box, which is a nice change. I know it's not a huge deal to people who are more frustrated about the stamina cost but it's nice to be able to clear some of these "gift" dungeons.

I think for godfest I'll just roll 3-5x both days, I've been farming the dragons in the hopes I'll get a kaede one day :(

LiQuid!

Did you get one of those Anji's from the Kenshin collab? That guy is a Swiss army knife I'm having a hard time living without on my alt.

When hosting tama rooms you can just make other people button you and if you're joining having Anji or any other lazer lead and some SB is usually all you need tbh. I haven't found Goemon useful at all for buttoning trash dungeons like tamas but I'm sure there are still some dungeons where a double Goey setup is still useful, I just haven't found them yet.

jiggle

Holy shit online begging worked!
Ralphael!!!
on the same account as indra though sad

Main:
Gremory
Ralphael!!
Trash
3rd urd
Trash
Trash

Alt
Ilm!
Trash
Uriel
Pollux
Trash
Trash

LiQuid!

Pulled 1 time on my main and got Vishnu. That's a p. good card for me.

I didn't even want to pull on my alt since literally nothing in these pantheons is useful but I thought hey maybe I'll get a cute GFE I can do something with.

First pull silver... Shining Dragon Swordsman

well fuck, I can't go out like that.

Second pull Gold! ...Shining Dragon Knight

Fucking DONE.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Six pulls before getting ready for work.

Ariel
DTron
Pollux
Urd
LTron (3rd, MP)
Liu Bei

Can't complain.

E: I had to try until I hit silver. 2 more and got Cinderella and Vishnu. 8 golds in a row. I'm done lol.

Jagernaut

Star Treasure at 1 am est? Nope, will try to run it on someone else's time slot.

Ongoing Jpn stream. More Final Fantasy cards (Auron!). Split ult Tsubaki. Revos for Hinokagatsuchi, Ra, Hades, Venus,

* More random YamaP rolls + buffs. Kurone, Sanada Yukimura, Markab, Alnair, Dill Sirius, and halloween Izanami

Buffs to be announced later.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=594

LiQuid!

Nico you got Albie and his pantheon isn't even featured atm? Ur SCUM and I hope you break phone and GungHo won't restore ur acct!!!
sick.gif

fuck it im rolling again if i get a shit card im coming for u all!

I got Ronia, it's FINE

Ronia sux, she takes like ten million tri fruits and her uevo is dated af compared to her sisters, I got ROBBED. NICOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nico you got Albie and his pantheon isn't even featured atm? Ur SCUM and I hope you break phone and GungHo won't restore ur acct!!!
sick.gif

fuck it im rolling again if i get a shit card im coming for u all!

I got Ronia, it's FINE

This has happened to me twice. So be careful what you wish for! ;)

Seriously though, when Liu Bei popped out I did a legit fist pump. My wife was SUPER confused. I have one Dios at slvl 12, so I've got a lot of work to do. But long term goals are fun.

E: Also, Ronia was my bae when she first came out. Before my bullshit account stuff happened, I was rolling with Ronia/Ronia + Ronia/Ronia/Baddie/(Pers/Haku/Panda) for ez-mode farming. Too bad she's not as great as she used to be!

Star Treasure at 1 am est? Nope, will try to run it on someone else's time slot.

Ongoing Jpn stream. More Final Fantasy cards (Auron!). Split ult Tsubaki. Revos for Hinokagatsuchi, Ra, Hades, Venus,

* More random YamaP rolls + buffs. Kurone, Sanada Yukimura, Markab, Alnair, Dill Sirius, and halloween Izanami

Buffs to be announced later.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=594

Holy shit, Japan getting 300k MP as a gift?! That's crazy. Those new rolls in whatever that REM is called look interesting. Also interested to see what becomes of Revo Hino, Ra and Hades.

LiQuid!

I saw the discord talking about a new REM that's 10 stones for a guaranteed GFE and that it was coming with 1 free roll. I'm not gonna vouch for that being confirmed but I saw a couple ppl mention it.

Oh, and something else about a 38-day daily event dungeon with a stone reward for every clear, also take with a grain of salt, I don't speak Japanese, that was just chatter on discord

I saw the discord talking about a new REM that's 10 stones for a guaranteed GFE and that it was coming with 1 free roll. I'm not gonna vouch for that being confirmed but I saw a couple ppl mention it.

Oh, and something else about a 38-day daily event dungeon with a stone reward for every clear, also take with a grain of salt, I don't speak Japanese, that was just chatter on discord

JP has gotten the GFE REM before but I think this new one is different. Has a bunch of waifus that are either variants of existing GFEs (and share the same AS) or are very similar (and have a complementary but completely different active).

The November event dungeons are just your regular old challenges/descended challenges/gift dungeons except they give a stone per floor instead of for clearing the whole set, I think.

Aesnath

Well, I'm not so sure about a 10 stone REM, it seems a bit dicey, but who knows?

I saw that there is info about the tsubaki split ult, but I'm waiting to see what it actually is.

Also, will we get the MP gift?

In other news, I got Halloween Thoth and sopdet last night, no more rolls on that machine! I'm planning on using a few rolls for day 2 of the godfest.

I'm also looking at skill transfer, but I have a question. If I skill transfer something onto something, does it provide any protection vs. skill delays. For example, if gremory has a skill inherited and has her skill reading +2 turns, will a CD of 2 turns leave her skill active? I'm thinking of putting something with a long-ish cooldown on her just to give me some protection against skill delays, as her active is easily the best on the team.

Jagernaut

I think it works this way.

If 2nd skill is charged and you get any kind of delay, you are back to your 1st skill.

After 1st skill charges, every turn you charge towards the 2nd skill is a buffer against skill delay. If Gremory charges her 1st skill and is 5 turns charged toward her 2nd skill, she can be hit with a 5 turn skill delay and still use her 1st skill. A 6 turn delay at the point would leave her at -1 on her 1st skill so you wouldn't be able to use it.

Aesnath

I think it works this way.

If 2nd skill is charged and you get any kind of delay, you are back to your 1st skill.

After 1st skill charges, every turn you charge towards the 2nd skill is a buffer against skill delay. If Gremory charges her 1st skill and is 5 turns charged toward her 2nd skill, she can be hit with a 5 turn skill delay and still use her 1st skill. A 6 turn delay at the point would leave her at -1 on her 1st skill so you wouldn't be able to use it.

Thanks, I was kinda hoping it worked that way. I actually managed to max skill her, but I've discovered that skill delays can tank the team hard. I figure if I just put something with like 15 turns on it, I'll rarely hit it, but can bank the extra turns when I'm expecting a skill delay. Later, I'll focus on getting useful skill transfers, but I don't really have anything that stands out. I'm thinking about H. Karin's ability, since, worse comes to worse, if I used it and H. Thoth and Sopdet, I'd have a heart, dark, wood board, which is pretty ideal for my split wood/dark team at the moment.

Anyone got a translation on what the new tsubaki does?

EDIT: wait, is it actually the same LS, just without the light sub and with two dragon killers? If so, that is a bit disappointing. I suppose if you are killing dragons it will be really silly though. I guess that's a niche.

Bladelaw

Pulled 1 time on my main and got Vishnu. That's a p. good card for me.

I didn't even want to pull on my alt since literally nothing in these pantheons is useful but I thought hey maybe I'll get a cute GFE I can do something with.

First pull silver... Shining Dragon Swordsman

well fuck, I can't go out like that.

Second pull Gold! ...Shining Dragon Knight

Fucking DONE.
Vishnu is awesome for a bunch of green teams including Ronove and Acetet. At least the dragon knights have useful inherit skills.

5 pulls over 2 accounts:
Main: 1 pull HANZO finally. I've been hoping to pull him forever, Devil killer quick orb change finally.

Alt: Fuu, Grodin, Amaterasu, and Durga. Not sure if I have a proper team for her though since I lack Lumiel and Typhon on that account.

Still Durga's a solid lead and gives that account access to a glass cannon instead of the Luci/Myr/Awoken Sun Quan teams I run there.

Top Bottom