• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Why not, right?

Australis
Baal
Saria

Heaven's Gala is apparently helping my light box. I will probably pull a few tomorrow since I'm still chasing Kaede and Rozuel for my Ronovoe team. But I'm assuming my luck is out. Also no ROdin tomorrow and I kind of want one.

MOTHERFU-

*sighs*

Ever in search of wood Jewels, I managed to get Meimei on only my second attempt at the Holy Beasts... only to realize that I had chosen my daily dungeon farming team instead of my jewel farming team.

*bangs head on desk*

Bladelaw

Holy shit I just caught up on the JP stream.
The events are probably not coming over anytime soon but the other stuff...wow
Highlights for me:
YamaP buffs:
1- Korone
2- Sanada
3- Markab
4- Alnair
5- Dill Sirius
6- Halloween Izanami (and possible Light Izanami)

I have all but Alnair and Kurone so this could be real nice for me

New evos
Tsubaki split ult gets double dragon killers losing light and heart enhance for it. 9x damage vs dragons....

Revo Ra is 225x rainbow (no hearts) with a skill use, still 25x without a skill, Sherias/HorAce are now slightly more relevant

Revo Hades is a 81x dark combo lead with 80% dark damage resist. Basically a fuck you to DQ Hera.

Revo Ra Dragon: They patched his holes. He has 1 SBR and +1.5x stats to God type. All glory to the sun god-chicken. RIP Indra. I can now bring a completely unbindable team, Ra Dragon, Dkali, Dkali, G/L Susano, Awoken Isis. Now to get a Zeus dragon...and a spare Machine Zeus. I should get around to making that Dacho carry team.

No Satsuki buff announced sadly. Just her and Sylvie left to get some love out of the dragonbounds.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
MOTHERFU-

*sighs*

Ever in search of wood Jewels, I managed to get Meimei on only my second attempt at the Holy Beasts... only to realize that I had chosen my daily dungeon farming team instead of my jewel farming team.

*bangs head on desk*

That's rough livin right there. Lookin for Meimei myself. 2 attempts so far and both dark jewels.

Woulda tried more but I did some Takeminawhatever runs cuz I needed one for my Awoken Ama. Solo'd both difficulties with the discount Sumire team. Pretty easy stuff all things considered, even not having any really useful actives (2 green orb changers and a Mori skill that gets rid of hearts). Gotta love those color restricted dungeons where you can skyfall your way to infinite combos

Jagernaut

I hope they eventually give ultimate Yomi Dragon 1.5 to all stats plus a dmg boost. Still not happy with radar dragons as evo mats.

Bladelaw

I hope they eventually give ultimate Yomi Dragon 1.5 to all stats plus a dmg boost. Still not happy with radar dragons as evo mats.

I'm hoping we get the radar dungeons as "one shot challenges" some day. At least those are stonable and don't require living through the hell that is arena 3 for a CHANCE at a drop of a random radar dragon.

ccbfan

Revo Hades is a 81x dark combo lead with 80% dark damage resist. Basically a fuck you to DQ Hera.

Wait I thought it was 36x like the R/B/G Greeks.

I actually thought the L/D Greek gods got screwed compared to the R/B/G.

Three colors of 75% reduction > 94% reduction on one.

Now if its 81x then that's a complete other story since thats enough to burst through enemies until you reach a dark and recharge.

W-00

Oh, thank goodness for that Heroine REM. Not that I'd actually expect to get much out of it (or roll in it very much) but the possibility of it just killed the desire I felt to roll in the Halloween REM again after seeing that Hiza is getting a buff.

Also, nice that we're finally getting regular Navi, though of course her skill is different. Romia is adorable - too bad her awakenings are rather lackluster for any team I'd use her on. But she'd still be a very nice inherit. Shina looks like the best I could reasonably hope to get from that REM.

Ah, I misread Grida's skill and got excited for a moment. I thought it was "Change board to light and dark, 1 turn haste," rather than "Change light to dark, 1 turn haste." Disappointing, but at least that's less reason to use a monster without any dark rows on my devil team.

It's so cute that Persephone is visiting in Revo Hades' artwork. And do I see their adorable little doggie (doggies?) in the void opened by his scythe? Seriously, I can't tell - the artwork is too small. Guess I should finish plussing my Hades. It should at least be interesting to try him out.

Where are you getting the 81x? PADX says 3x ATK to dark and 2x ATK for 2 dark combos, which, unless math has stopped working the way I think it does, is only 36x ATK.

My alt is very happy that Sanada and Markab will be getting buffs. Once again, I think I may have to build my first fire team.

Finally: Woohoo! I'm going to be without internet access for most of the day so I was worried that I'd miss Star Treasure, but they're late enough that I'll definitely be back in time!

Bladelaw

Wait I thought it was 36x like the R/B/G Greeks.

I actually thought the L/D Greek gods got screwed compared to the R/B/G.

Three colors of 75% reduction > 94% reduction on one.

Now if its 81x then that's a complete other story since thats enough to burst through enemies until you reach a dark and recharge.

From the stream notes thread on reddit:
REvo Hades
AS: same
LS: dark atk x3. 2 dark combo ATK 3. Reduce dark damage by 80%.

Paired leads with 2 dark combos is 81x if the team is all dark. You get DQ Hera in arena and you have basically forever to recharge before kali. I'm curious if this also means Hera Dragon becomes a joke.

EDIT: checked padx and yeah looks like the 2 dark combos only give 2x more so 36x paired with insane dark damage reduction.

Jagernaut

Revo Hades and Venus losing their 75% dmg reduction for 3 colors is a downgrade. Super resistance to just light or dark only has niche uses.

Revo Hades and Venus losing their 75% dmg reduction for 3 colors is a downgrade. Super resistance to just light or dark only has niche uses.

And there's not puppet girls for light or dark so you can't make cheesy 100% resist teams like you can with Minerva. I'm sure there will be some uses, but very niche. Probably will be a challenge dungeon that can be trivialized using them.

ccbfan

Niche would be an understatement.

I prefer near useless in the current meta.

Too bad its not R/B/G cause with one of those MP attribute changers, it would be useful as hell.

Charge Attribute change.
Burst x all skills.
Shift to resisted element.
Charge all skills.
Repeat.

Bladelaw

I know I've asked a couple times but anyone looking to run Arena with Mathena? I'd like to learn the team so I know if I can manage running it. I'm basically set on the Lead Switch side. Everything is hyper maxed, Kotodama has a Verdandi inherit, I'm debating putting Sun Quan on Mathena in the event we run into Kagu since I'm pretty sure any combo will kill him.

The template suggests 2 Rag Drags but I've seen plenty of comps use 1 and 0 Rag Drags. The sub pool is small to be sure but the power of this team is absurd.

Anyone looking to run here's a list of viable subs.
Revo Zeal: Short cooldown orb changer pairs perfectly with Verdandi for a burst to kill anything.
Phact: unbindable instant TPA with haste
Alnair: as above but a row instead of TPA
Balboa: Crack defense for the tama floor, resist 99% gravities, or save it to eat kali's damage check hit. God/Attacker killer makes floors require even less orbs.
Spica: Great stats, stellar awakenings, cleans the board, also pairs with Verd for a burst.
Kotodama: generally crap except the lead switch makes Sopdet much more doable. 4-6 combos with 3 greens 3 times and win. Also can hold a better skill like...
Australis: Better to use the active as an inherit but also works on the team and makes burst boards do 50% more damage.
Avalon Drake: great awakenings and is a one click solution to a bicolor board. Can be trolly but fortunately Mathena doesn't need a lot of orbs to work. Also combos with Australis for a full green kill board.
Mathena: skilling her up to be useful will be painful unless you hoard woodpys but stats, awakenings, low cooldown useful skill, aside from the pain of getting, evoing, and skilling her she makes a great sub for this team.

I've seen comps where the non-lead switch team is just Mathena and 4 Hyper Zeals with inherits kill arena. Granted the lead swap team needs to make sure to have enough SBR to hit 100% but it's doable (Spica, Rag, Koto, Balboa does it).

I'd be willing to run with any weird comps people want to try.

Told myself I wasn't rolling this GF, but I wanted a shot at Raph. 5 rolls later I got 4 trash rolls and my 3rd Sumire. I guess I'm closer to a system team but I haven't really had any plans to run it. I'll probably max the team and see what I clear with it. Getting another team through arena would be cool I guess.

Still, should have held on to my stones.

5 rolls:

Gabriel
Vishnu
CyberBeast Leonis
Shedar
ROdin

ROdin is the one I'm most excited about because he's the first REM card that I've got that deals true damage to all enemies so I can inherit him onto something. When you poison stuff and it sweeps does the poison continue on next floor like defense breaks do?

Jagernaut

No, poison works on 1 floor only.

Edit. It also uses a turn (unless Rodin nuke kills) so true damage is better than poison for button teams.

b33r

Told myself I wasn't rolling this GF, but I wanted a shot at Raph. 5 rolls later I got 4 trash rolls and my 3rd Sumire. I guess I'm closer to a system team but I haven't really had any plans to run it. I'll probably max the team and see what I clear with it. Getting another team through arena would be cool I guess.

She is a great sub on bmyr if you ever buy her.

jiggle

Wow
New Tsubaki is so good

Too bad revo doesn't come with AS upgrades
The LS seems nice though

Free 300 MP
Free roll on 10 stone machine
So Jealous

FEB: ALL GFE(girls) UEVO!!
Are these the 10 stone REM or are all normal female GFE getting uevo?

She is a great sub on bmyr if you ever buy her.

I'd love Bmyr but it's probably not in the cards. My first heartcross lead was Beach Lak, which I really enjoyed, and that lasted about 2 weeks until I rolled Gremory. I've used Sumire as a lead a few times. My water box is pretty sweet but I have never committed to a team. Dark leads always come along and steal my focus.

Bladelaw

Wow
New Tsubaki is so good

The LS seems nice though

Free 300 MP
So Jealous

The 10 stone REM is basically a GFE only REM except the cards that come out are all "sisters" of existing GFE's with same or similar actives and leaderskills. They might be indicative of future buffs but I wouldn't put money on it.

hermit7

Rolled my second myself.

I run Sumire sometimes, but actually prefer Sarasvati as a lead. I will end up throwing some skills on her, but I think when revo Lakshmi comes out I may use her. Have a great team for her (sumire, 2 andromeda, skuld) so it should be decent.

Aesnath

Wow
New Tsubaki is so good

The LS seems nice though

Free 300 MP
So Jealous

Wait, does Tsubaki have a different LS? I'm not sure where to look to find out.

jiggle

The 10 stone REM is basically a GFE only REM except the cards that come out are all "sisters" of existing GFE's with same or similar actives and leaderskills. They might be indicative of future buffs but I wouldn't put money on it.
I saw it on reddit as part of their planned update in February.
Uevo for all gfe females
Would be weird if all of these sisters get their uevo before their originals
But then again they cost 10 stones...

Wait, does Tsubaki have a different LS? I'm not sure where to look to find out.
She gets an alt ult with 9x dragon killer awakenings and ditches the not very useful light OE

From padx
akPYCFc.jpg

Aesnath

I saw it on reddit as part of their planned update in February.
Uevo for all gfe females
Would be weird if all of these sisters get their uevo before their originals
But then again they cost 10 stones...

She gets an alt ult with 9x dragon killer awakenings and ditches the not very useful light OE

From padx
akPYCFc.jpg

Thanks for the help--I saw the image, but was hoping it contained a tweaked LS. I feel like the dragon killer awakenings are pretty crazy some of the time, but it is still kind of a "meh" card compared to her sisters. Honestly, I really wanted some kind of survivability buff. This evo seems OK as a sub, assuming you are OK with the AS.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the help--I saw the image, but was hoping it contained a tweaked LS. I feel like the dragon killer awakenings are pretty crazy some of the time, but it is still kind of a "meh" card compared to her sisters. Honestly, I really wanted some kind of survivability buff. This evo seems OK as a sub, assuming you are OK with the AS.

She'll be devastating on Revo Minerva, her other ult as a lead, Kenshin (lol like he needs more damage), Krishna, and pretty much any fire team that doesn't need hearts.

Rolled earlier:

Sarasvati
2x Vishnu
Archangel Gabriel
Verdandi

I feel like Sarasvati is really good. With I&I/Ryune/Sumire/A.Isis/Lakshmi/Karin/Ars Paulina/Snow White/Blue Sonia/Gabriel I feel like there's team potential there and enough to snap me out of green hell.

Also have been flying through some of the descended challenges which is nice. Ronove is nasty and OP.

For some reason I'm hurting for the big Blue-lits but otherwise I'd evo a bunch of my blues. Don't have the Tamas to make a team yet though.

And I forget who Jig@GAF is (jagernaut maybe?) but your ALB carried me through Satan No RCV so godbless <3

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Few day 2 pulls

Main:
2992.png
Not bad! Looks like a good Sumire sub.

Alt:
242.png
This thing any good?

140.png
(!!!!!!) Instantly calling this one up from the minors for my main team

2942.png
Finally a GFE on this acct, wish I had him on my main tho :(

1620.png
Dupe. And FUCK Heaven's Gala BTW, so sick of getting light cards this GF!

1502.png
Silver's always disappointing, but good inherit for my Krishounen team I guess

1885.png
sick.gif
That point in your GF pulling where you realize you went too far and should have stopped 3 rolls ago does this thing have ANY value? Shit card, shit awakenings, shit active, SHIT

No Zuoh this GF. Still 70 stones on my alt, I MIGHT pull again, but chasing GFE's seems like a good way to hate your life.

Sad that I still haven't found any common ground between my 2 accounts. It seems like nothing short of an ALB and a lot of farmed zeuses on my alt, or a Panda/dark row lead on my main is going to bring these 2 accts together. I could probably slap a budget Ronnie team together on my alt at this point if I ever pulled him but I assume I'll get another one of those dupe on my main before I ever pull one on the alt.

edit: just did another yolo pull on the main and got another SUMIRE! Never been so excited to get a dupe in my life and will never be as excited about a dupe again until I nab a Kaede!

edit 2: omg i just got a KAEDDEEFDAEGHIEGH BUT IT WAS ON MY ALTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOODFEEEEEEEEEEEEST WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I literally just covered my mouth with my hand and screamed silently for like a minute straight!!!

I actually have a better Ronnie team on my alt now but no Ronnie. This is going to KILL me endlessly.

edit 32 Just pulled again on the alt Famiel DUPE. I need to stop...

edit &#8734; another pull on alt Unicorn Rider I'm DONE this is my last edit and probably my last post in this thread. Please bury me with (what's left of) my money and know that I loved you all.

Zdl7c31.gif

jiggle

U know u wanna pull until u have 0 stone left
All the cool kids do it

And indra is a great!
Almost like 3 free turns for no cross shield teams

LiQuid!

I've still got like 30+ and 50+ stones on my accounts respectively and still a ton of dungeon clearing I can do between now and PCGF to earn more, plus freebies. I'm in good shape tbh but I definitely over spent on this one compared to what I expected to roll going in. Oh well. All in all I got some great cards honestly and at least 1 or 2 massively useful cards for primary teams on both accounts. Can't really complain about 1 or 2 duds total over the course of both days.

re: Indra, I notice his shield in the Awoken form goes down to 2 turns, wtf is up with that? Is that considered a downgrade from his other uevos? I'm not sure if I have a decent leader in that light box anyways.

Maybe if I got Myr on both of my accounts that'd provide some synergy between them. The thought of obtaining and evo'ing 2 Myrs sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My Day 2 was not great. 4 Fuma and 3 Arcline. Like...Really? But I did score a Gremory, Mori, 3rd Sumire, and a Dark Valk. Sold my 6th Ronove for MP because I don't need that many...Sure, Kaede or Rozuel would have been nice, but take what you can get I guess.

LiQuid!

I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing. I just did a terrible thing.

Bladelaw

I've still got like 30+ and 50+ stones on my accounts respectively and still a ton of dungeon clearing I can do between now and PCGF to earn more, plus freebies. I'm in good shape tbh but I definitely over spent on this one compared to what I expected to roll going in. Oh well. All in all I got some great cards honestly and at least 1 or 2 massively useful cards for primary teams on both accounts. Can't really complain about 1 or 2 duds total over the course of both days.

re: Indra, I notice his shield in the Awoken form goes down to 2 turns, wtf is up with that? Is that considered a downgrade from his other uevos? I'm not sure if I have a decent leader in that light box anyways.

Maybe if I got Myr on both of my accounts that'd provide some synergy between them. The thought of obtaining and evo'ing 2 Myrs sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

I know it's too late but I'm still going to try to talk you down. Also at some point I lost track of what account pulled what cards so this advice might not apply.
Re: Listed pulls
Sitri: amazing Lakshmi, Sumire, Sarasvati, and I&I/Ryune sub, awakenings could be better but that active is gold.

Indra: Amazing shield, if you go awoken the benefit is awakenings, haste and the lower cooldown, the downside is losing that extra turn of shielding. Awoken Indra is a major Sherias Roots sub

Yomi: Incredibly useful in either D/L form for killers, or awoken for for all the time extends and the changed active.

Sherias Roots: Probably the best true rainbow lead (needing to match everything for full activation) until Uevo Ra Dragon arrives. Needs Dragons instead of Gods to maximize his potential.

Rei Sirius is actually a decent sub for light teams needing killers. Low cooldown active makes him an attractive target for inherits too.

Fire Dragon Swordsman: Great inherit skill, not much else though

Zweihander: Has a very specific purpose. All the cards in this series have 2 skill boosts, 2 two-prongs, multiboost, and a super low cooldown (3 turns I think?). This makes them prime members of a coop team inheriting something more useful. It takes more investing than most decent REM pulls but having these in your pocket for the inevitable gimmick team can be useful.

Sumire: Just make the team. She's so good and you have most of what's needed.

Kaede: Needs more sub support to really shine, but man does she shine bright when you can support her.

Famiel: Hopefully there will be a Durga like use for her (Like Lumiel on Durga's team) in the future, but for now she's a laser you can inherit.

Unicorn Rider: great on a coop Myr team and the guaranteed heart cross with her skill is really handy.

Aesnath

Well, I was going to pull more, but I'm a "quit while you're ahead" kinda guy.

Three pulls:

Balboa--My second. I'm actually considering selling him. I use the first occasionally, but I'm not sure what would warrant a second. I guess I could SI him, not sure.

Akechi--My whole reason for rolling! Gremory grows stronger!!! Now I just have to find where to skill the bastard up.

Sakuya--what an odd card. It seems really unimpressive, even awoken. I'm not sure I'm keeping it.

I stopped there. Either way, Akechi feels like a big get. If I'm planning on using him as a sub on Gremory, I'm guessing I should go with the D/D evo as it has more rows and an extra skill boost?

LiQuid!

I know it's too late but I'm still going to try to talk you down. Also at some point I lost track of what account pulled what cards so this advice might not apply.
Re: Listed pulls
Sitri: amazing Lakshmi, Sumire, Sarasvati, and I&I/Ryune sub, awakenings could be better but that active is gold.

Indra: Amazing shield, if you go awoken the benefit is awakenings, haste and the lower cooldown, the downside is losing that extra turn of shielding. Awoken Indra is a major Sherias Roots sub

Yomi: Incredibly useful in either D/L form for killers, or awoken for for all the time extends and the changed active.

Sherias Roots: Probably the best true rainbow lead (needing to match everything for full activation) until Uevo Ra Dragon arrives. Needs Dragons instead of Gods to maximize his potential.

Rei Sirius is actually a decent sub for light teams needing killers. Low cooldown active makes him an attractive target for inherits too.

Fire Dragon Swordsman: Great inherit skill, not much else though

Zweihander: Has a very specific purpose. All the cards in this series have 2 skill boosts, 2 two-prongs, multiboost, and a super low cooldown (3 turns I think?). This makes them prime members of a coop team inheriting something more useful. It takes more investing than most decent REM pulls but having these in your pocket for the inevitable gimmick team can be useful.

Sumire: Just make the team. She's so good and you have most of what's needed.

Kaede: Needs more sub support to really shine, but man does she shine bright when you can support her.

Famiel: Hopefully there will be a Durga like use for her (Like Lumiel on Durga's team) in the future, but for now she's a laser you can inherit.

Unicorn Rider: great on a coop Myr team and the guaranteed heart cross with her skill is really handy.
I took a god fest I could have been totally satisfied with and turned it into an abject debacle. Losing the stones
doesn't hurt as much as the shame. I can feel the shame actually. It's tangible. It's inside of me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sakuya--what an odd card. It seems really unimpressive, even awoken. I'm not sure I'm keeping it.

A Sakuya is a combo lead with 100x potential for matching colors and combos. She's far from unimpressive. Maybe not as great a heart cross lead, but as long as you can match colors for days, she seems pretty OK to me. I love basic combo leads, but I'm a product of OG Egyptian days.

got:

Satsuki
Zuoh
Ur-Chimera (lol)
Maeda Keiji
Yang Guifei

I'm ok with it I guess, I don't know much about the cards.
All great cards, except Ur-Chimera. Satsuki has a great orb change, good awakenings, and will probably get a uvo in the coming months that makes her super good. Zuoh has a staple board change for dark teams. Keiji is one of like two REM monsters with a board refresh active and is thus a key inherit on endgame teams to clear locked orbs. Yang Gufei is super rare and gives you a new leader to play around with.

Top Bottom