• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

I don't know if cw_sasuke is going to post this but all credit to him for this ALB way around C10:

P1:
ALB (Ra)
Dios
Dios
RagDrag (Astaroth)
Spica

P2:
ALB
Dios
Dios
Freyja
Kaoru (I'd inherit on a Tengu)

Fl1:
ALB + Asty, 16x kill

Fl2:
Ra

Fl3:
P2 Dios + Kaoru for 6 combos and counterattack kill

Fl4:
P1 Dios

Fl5:
P2 Dios

F6:
P1 Spica

F7:
P2 Freyja pass
P1 Dios

If I get the green tans I need I can make the P1 or P2 side.

Let me know if you can run this with me. I can do P2. If Ragdra can be replaced by another unbindable green, like A Parvati, I could do P1 as well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Let me know if you can run this with me. I can do P2. If Ragdra can be replaced by another unbindable green, like A Parvati, I could do P1 as well.

Anyone with God or Healer Killer Awakenings should be fine. Just there to make sure you oneshot Kali, though Spica alone might be enough.

Bladelaw

Got my second roll on JP I got Shina. I'm ok with this.

Going for one more roll from this machine and then I'm done. What rank do I need for the 300k MP gift?

was all ready to go with C7 because ICONove is tailor-made for that challenge and I had liquid's Iconove all ready to go and I even got through Medjedra... and then that chatty annoyance Aamir breaks through my 80% SBR and I die to a 28832 hit, less than 200 more than my max HP. I even have ~150 +eggs that I've been scared to put on various cards that would have saved me. :(

I guess that's what I get. I may swap Verdumbdi for Perseus for the 100% SBR but I won't be happy about it.

Also I'm really really happy about x2 on kotg for an entire week. If I have a half hour or so to dedicate to grinding it's basically a free stamina reset.

Bladelaw

Managed to get my tans so I have team 1 and 2 for C10. I can inherit Ra on ALB if any partners can't just give me an advanced heads up.

b33r

Managed to get my tans so I have team 1 and 2 for C10. I can inherit Ra on ALB if any partners can't just give me an advanced heads up.

Hey you can add me on JP, I main water on that so I don't know if I'll help. But maybe you can use some of them. 361,159,422.

Edit: you should also get pad radar. We can't do everything with it here, but just collecting orbs a few times a day is nice. Can save up for pys, latents, or the +297 dungeons.

Bladelaw

Hey you can add me on JP, I main water on that so I don't know if I'll help. But maybe you can use some of them. 361,159,422.

Edit: you should also get pad radar. We can't do everything with it here, but just collecting orbs a few times a day is nice. Can save up for pys, latents, or the +297 dungeons.

Sure ID is 347,550,688 Blade@jp

Gmeta is my most used lead for now, hopefully I roll something more useful soon.

EDIT: ran cw_sasuke's ALB team for C10 with Jager and it worked a treat. it was hilariously easy.

I'll run it with folks a couple times over the week if they have team 1 or 2 if my stam allows it.

J0dy77

Wth is going on over in JP pad? I just logged in to get a daily stone and was met with three free rolls. Pulled,

Dark Metatron, Skuld and Elgenubi... All brand new.

Wtf? Why does gung-ho hate us so much?

b33r

Sure ID is 347,550,688 Blade@jp

Gmeta is my most used lead for now, hopefully I roll something more useful soon.

EDIT: ran cw_sasuke's ALB team for C10 with Jager and it worked a treat. it was hilariously easy.

I'll run it with folks a couple times over the week if they have team 1 or 2 if my stam allows it.

I have a hypered Sylvie I could put up if that helps.

Wth is going on over in JP pad? I just logged in to get a daily stone and was met with three free rolls. Pulled,

Dark Metatron, Skuld and Elgenubi... All brand new.

Wtf? Why does gung-ho hate us so much?
Memorial reset. Also those are a lot better rolls than what I got... like seriously three 6* GFEs lol

idk how to deal with NO RCV dungeons I guess. If I had the team (system team?) I suppose I could just nuke every floor down but it's tough without a max-skilled monocolor or rainbow burst team.

I've tried brute forcing through most of a few of the dungeons with my near-max skilled heart cross team and the skyfalls are generally friendly but man it can get rough quick.

jay23

How difficult is Challege 9 to solo? I don't have sherias roots so I plan on messing around with that team solo first. I'll try coop if I can't get it done alone.

Also when are we getting our reset most people predicted it was going to happen this anniversary event. Seeing all this JP stuff is making me jelly.

hermit7

How difficult is Challege 9 to solo? I don't have sherias roots so I plan on messing around with that team solo first. I'll try coop if I can't get it done alone.

Also when are we getting our reset most people predicted it was going to happen this anniversary event. Seeing all this JP stuff is making me jelly.

Not too bad, I didn't finish it cause I got a bad board when I popped him and went for the kill, but I have confidence I could do it. Just stall as best you can if you need and save your gravities for the last floor.

Probably easier with a partner, but doable solo.

Bladelaw

Nice, you got the 7*! Should be easy to skill up since it's the boss drop that does it.

I best friended you since I already have more than enough of them.
I probably need help getting those drops. Int hasn't been kind and my stamina bar is so small.

b33r

I probably need help getting those drops. Int hasn't been kind and my stamina bar is so small.

I can probably run some this week sometime. I need skill ups for the two I pulled too, mainly the water australis, she looks fun and my water box is crazy good.

jiggle

Apparently JP changed their guerrilla rotation system, and now there are only three groups with more frequent dungeon times?

Yup
Nice QoL

Another nice addition is the globes that come out of "present" are now evolved, max leveled, and +3
I think?
You can still get trash beanies though

divusrex

Out of curiosity, is it safe to buy stones in the JP version of PAD with USD currency? My Google Play account is automatically set to USD (makes sense), and when I access the stone shop in the JP app it displays the converted prices (Yen to USD). Would there be any penalty or ban on my Google account?

jiggle

Wow
Is it just me or does the Markab buffs seem unreasonally good for that caliber of card
Unbindable easy to trigger 56.25x Atk w/ 3 dongs
2skill boosts AND a sbr
Dang

Sanada getting 5th fire row ;0

cw_sasuke

Hypered my Lakshmi - cant wait for her Revo version.
She is really powerful, dont understand why i couldnt get into her earlier...maybe it was the subs, having two Andromeda helps alot. That Urd + Andro active is already ridiculous - will be even more powerful with her upgrade.

Good times.

Wow
Is it just me or does the Markab buffs seem unreasonally good for that caliber of card
Unbindable easy to trigger 56.25x Atk w/ 3 dongs
2skill boosts AND a sbr
Dang

Sanada getting 5th fire row ;0

Just when i decided to go Rows for Krishna...the give him this buff and i just max skilled my Markab during Fire&Lake Coin.

They really arent making it easy for me....hmm.

fek

After the free roll I got very lucky with the heroine gacha. Did 8 rolls but the only dupe I got was GMeta and in the end I got Ilumina too. So lots of new cards to use now.

Out of curiosity, is it safe to buy stones in the JP version of PAD with USD currency? My Google Play account is automatically set to USD (makes sense), and when I access the stone shop in the JP app it displays the converted prices (Yen to USD). Would there be any penalty or ban on my Google account?
Never had any problem with that and my google account isn't japanese too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you wanna use him as a sub - def. the 5 Row version.

Excellent.

Also, just read the buffs. I have Markab and Alnair, so that's fun I guess. My Markab is currently a staple on my fire teams because his active is decent enough. But his buffs will make him even more exciting.

Bladelaw

Hey it's Star Den day! My timeslot is 9pm USEAST I'll be running all hour. I'll run along with anyone in another timeslot for as long as they like. I can provide either 16SB or a button team that requires 9SB to be up turn one. Let me know if anyone wants to do a time share other wise I'll be on discord during my time block for anyone who wants some plusses. I need to open up some space lol.

JP Update: the first 4 challenge dungeons are done. Not much luck on Melissa drops on Expert and Master kicks my ass still. Shina is almost max skilled. Next time it's on 2x I'd like to run with someone to hopefully reduce my stamina expense. I'd really like to get them maxed out before the event is over. Once the 10 egg scramble is done Illumina should be fully awoken too.

divusrex

Never had any problem with that and my google account isn't japanese too.

Thank you! I couldn't find any information about in regards to Android. All od my search results only pulled up iOS accounts. I ended up buying the bargain set and got Horus. I dunno whether to invest into Horus or Oda Nobunaga at this point. I'll figure it out once I pull in an upcoming GF.

yami4ct

With JP getting 300k MP in December, I'm thinking of doing a dumb thing on my JP account and buy Ragnarok Dragon and make an imperfect Ronove team. Right now, I could throw together.

Ronove/Sumire/RagDra/DKali/x/Ronove

For the last slot, I was thinking either GrOdin or the new Green L. Meta variant I got out of my free pull. GrOdin does Awoken Skill Bind recovery and has more HP and ATK, but GMeta has 2x Devil Killer, more recovery and a quicker active. Not sure which I'm going to focus on, but they both seem situationally useful.

How bad of an idea is this?

Bladelaw

With JP getting 300k MP in December, I'm thinking of doing a dumb thing on my JP account and buy Ragnarok Dragon and make an imperfect Ronove team. Right now, I could throw together.

Ronove/Sumire/RagDra/DKali/x/Ronove

For the last slot, I was thinking either GrOdin or the new Green L. Meta variant I got out of my free pull. GrOdin does Awoken Skill Bind recovery and has more HP and ATK, but GMeta has 2x Devil Killer, more recovery and a quicker active. Not sure which I'm going to focus on, but they both seem situationally useful.

How bad of an idea is this?

Unless you see that team pushing content you can't handle I'd bank the MP for the next wave of MP OPness.

yami4ct

If I sold all my junk right now, I probably could get up to 600k before the free 300 hits. I've got so much crap sitting in my JP box.

I'll wait and see what the next G-Fest looks like. If I can roll a Kaede or Rozuel, I'll probably grab it. I don't have much hope that we'll see anything amazing out of the MP Shop soon. The last wave of flower cards didn't last long and the reborn RaDra, while very good in his own right, still cannot compete with the heart cross meta. Given what the last few pantheons have been, I suspect the next MP set will end up being a decent set of cards under normal circumstances, but lackluster next to all the heart cross leaders.

Jagernaut

C8 was simple with ALB coop. I brought A Hades and Avalon Drake to counter Homura and the rest was Dios's and orb changers with 5 sbr across the 2 teams.

Bladelaw

couldn't help myself on JP and rolled again on the Heroine REM. Got !Australis. So I guess I now have plenty of options for leads.

I'll be sticking with Illumina. for now. At least now I have enough stamina to run the 50 stam things.

Bladelaw

I think it's 999,999. I saw someone on the Facebook group with that much once.

How is that even possible? What dungeons do people run to cap out MP like that?

If you're at a point where you don't need to skill anything up, or run challenges you can basically farm MP in any of the rogue dungeons. ~575 MP per run whenever you need to burn stam adds up fast especially with junk REM pulls piling 3-5k on top of that.

b33r

couldn't help myself on JP and rolled again on the Heroine REM. Got !Australis. So I guess I now have plenty of options for leads.

I'll be sticking with Illumina. for now. At least now I have enough stamina to run the 50 stam things.

Nice, I have her to and will put her up once I'm done with her.

So what's with the "meh" response to the Ra Dragon uevo? Everywhere I look, people are pretty down on him, and even the JP tier lists all have him a notch below Ronove. The thing is though, unless I'm missing something, Ra Dragon is blatantly better than Ronove. Have I missed some crucial flaw in the chicken's new form? Or is everyone else just underestimating him because he isn't breaking the meta over his knee like he did the first time around?

My lukewarm take (assuming the dream teams): Ra Dragon, with his HP/RCV modifiers and better base team stats, is comparable to Ronove in terms of survivability (a bit more practical HP, slightly less practical RCV), and with fairly similar damage output (from what I could tell, Ronove fairs a tiny bit better vs Gods/Dragons because of RagDrag's killers, and a tiny bit worse vs everything else, but since RaDra is probably going to have a higher average combo count, he may just beat Ronove in general).

Outside of stats, Ronove's pros are:
+Jammers and poison are basically harmless
+Gravities are basically harmless
+One extra time extend

While RaDra's pros are:
+Team fully unbindable (and skill unbindable, no worrying about Tamadras going Bind -> Skill Bind -> lol 80%? more like 0%!)
+Defenses don't shut off if you fail to heart cross, so you can stall with little to no risk
+Don't need to heart cross to kill trash floors, and with 56.26x, don't even need a 6 color board
+Main element is light instead of wood
+Easier to get around combo shields
+Don't need to turn off defenses to damage control
+No bind/SB vulnerability means you can slot in a stat boosting badge in single player

Ra Dragon just seems like a far more robust Ronove to me. The only real downside I can see is that he's not as good at getting through Sopdet (but he's certainly not bad at it either).

What am I missing? Because when we get the uevo, I think my Ronove team is going to be sidelined hard.

The "roll a lot of 6* GFEs" dungeon. (There's also a ridiculously fast ACC coop farm of Nordis, and plenty of ways to quickly farm various other roguelike dungeons, usually Zaerog)

cw_sasuke

Interesting ....guess they want whales to spend some mp and not hoard too much stuff lol.

yami4ct

Ronove's shield is insane. Even with enhanced HP, RaDra just doesn't have that survivability. It's just not there in the same way. He's good, but heart cross cards are almost immortal as long as you can generate hearts which isn't that hard.

RaDra requires an active to get the full boost, doesn't have the built on shield, is less flexible on subs and requires a Radar dragon to evo.

Kreed

So what's with the "meh" response to the Ra Dragon uevo? Everywhere I look, people are pretty down on him, and even the JP tier lists all have him a notch below Ronove. The thing is though, unless I'm missing something, Ra Dragon is blatantly better than Ronove. Have I missed some crucial flaw in the chicken's new form? Or is everyone else just underestimating him because he isn't breaking the meta over his knee like he did the first time around?

Heart Cross damage reduction allows you to survive damage from much more content than the HP multiplier Ra Dragon's ultimate evo brings, especially if you're still running dungeons solo, which means you can clear more content more easily. Example, with the current C10 Challenge, this pro you're giving to Ra Dragon:

+Defenses don't shut off if you fail to heart cross, so you can stall with little to no risk

Would not be true against some of the floors vs Ronove.

Ronove's shield is insane. Even with enhanced HP, RaDra just doesn't have that survivability. It's just not there in the same way. He's good, but heart cross cards are almost immortal as long as you can generate hearts which isn't that hard.

RaDra requires an active to get the full boost, doesn't have the built on shield, is less flexible on subs and requires a Radar dragon to evo.

Ronove's shield is only 35%. That's the equivalent of a 1.53x boost to HP and to RCV. Barely better than Ra Dragon's, but RaDra's team has better stats to cover the 0.03 difference. I'd have to crunch the numbers again, but IIRC, Ronove's RCV is ~10 points better, while RaDra has a modest HP advantage (500 maybe? It's definitely <1k). Kaede and Myr are the ones with the crazy shields. RaDra is just as survivable as Ronove in terms of raw numbers, but is practically more survivable, since your defenses don't vanish when you have only 4 hearts on board.

Also, RaDra doesn't need an active, and if you use less than the Ronove dream team (2x Kaede, RagDrag, Rozuel) your atk is going to fall below RaDra's.

As for the Radar dragon, that's a fair criticism of building the team, but has no real impact on its actual power. (Hopefully we can get some Radar dragon gift dungeons in NA though. I've got my Zeusdra ready, but I'm not looking forward to grinding Arena 3 more).

Top Bottom