• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Are we getting a free roll on the 10 stone machine?

What are the odds on us getting those 150 and 250 resets?

I'm IAP (for now) but am also interested in any answer for this. My guess is no and eventually, but it's tough to read GungHo. After ending up with a mailbox full of snowglobes following that one GF I just don't know what to expect.

I've been collecting descend drops for future UEvos and I'm ready for a non-green experience. I might just roll 5x in this REM.

I don't know, ten stones is a bunch. I could really use a typhon or, I suppose, another Gremory, but I'm not sure what else I really need for the Gremory team. I sort of want a Sumire, as my daughter has one and I have a lot of solid water subs, but her LS sounds harder than Grem's.

Honestly, I really need Pandora and Yomi to a greater extent at this point.

Are we getting a free roll on the 10 stone machine?

What are the odds on us getting those 150 and 250 resets?

Sumire isn't that hard if you're already using heartcross leads. A little harder to fully activate but you can stall better, control damage really well, and build a system team with dupes. Pretty fun team that I use when something stops me from using Gremory.

I'd probably hoard stones until a Pandora GF because she'd be huge for you. There's also a pretty good chance she'll be in PCGF, but that'll be a bit dilluted but is a good way to fill out your box since most of the featured monsters will be good.

I'm sure we'll get the reset eventually. If Europe got it I don't see how they can keep it from us much longer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just curious, is the minimum number of MP you can pull from this machine 15k? If so, that doesn't sound terrible in the current MP farming landscape. If you pull a 6*, that's what, 50k MP?

May pull on this machine after all...

J0dy77

Finally got through C9 Solo. Very well designed dungeon and I like this trend of fixed teams. It allows gungho to really finely balance the challenge.

I can write up a guide that should be very consistent if needed. I wiped a couple times to randomness and bad boards but once I really started to think about how to use actives it became a lot more manageable.

J0dy77

Whats a good Myr team, I just max skilled mine and now working on all the mats for Evo.

I have 2 of the generally accepted best subs in APoc and DQHQ. The last 2 I have no clue.

I have

Apollo
L Meta
Ganesha
Izanagi
Baal
Raph
Venus
Thor
Another Myr

as possible subs

I'm think Apollo and a 2nd Myr since Apollo and Myr can combo together for a good burst.

So something like

Myr
DQHQ
APoc
Apollo
Myr

You don't want Apollo on the team as he eats hearts. It's a bad active for the team. Venus is a very high end tier sub for Myr. You have pretty much the ideal team for Myr if you don't count Wedding REM cards.

2x Myr
Apocalypse
DQXQ
Venus

If you have another DQXQ or Sun wukong that would be a perfect team.

I make Wedding Gadius, Saria, Wukong, and A.Ra work for things with predra floors. I have a dupe Wukong and Saria though.

Would love to pull a DQXQ...

Finally got through C9 Solo. Very well designed dungeon and I like this trend of fixed teams. It allows gungho to really finely balance the challenge.

I can write up a guide that should be very consistent if needed. I wiped a couple times to randomness and bad boards but once I really started to think about how to use actives it became a lot more manageable.

yes please <3

Here's the strategy I've been attempting to clear it with...
F1 Tamas - puzzle and kill. If an important sub gets bound try to stall while eliminating the tamatron
F2 Predra - use Shroots on one predra, match and take the hit, then use the other Shroots the next turn. It's possible to break def on the dark predra with prong, but not recommended.
F3 Zera - one or two 20.25x should be enough to put them under 50%, then just kill. If you accidentally proc resolve, use Sakuya to get them back under resolve threshold.
F4 Meimei - pop Susanoo for safety and in preparation for the next floor. You can kill with a 49x + light prong, so try to set one up.
F5 Refive - puzzle and kill. 20.25x will get under his damage absorb, and he should be near dead by the time he uses that move anyways.
F6 Beelzebub - One of your Shroots should be up again by now. Pop to get rid of the poison orbs. Pop the other next turn if you fail to kill and he does the full board convert again.
F7 Kali - use Nordis, then puzzle to get into the safe zone. Pop Kanna and whatever else is necessary to secure the kill.

Aesnath

Just curious, is the minimum number of MP you can pull from this machine 15k? If so, that doesn't sound terrible in the current MP farming landscape. If you pull a 6*, that's what, 50k MP?

May pull on this machine after all...

That is a good point. All the GFEs I've pulled have been worth 15k, and two of the 6* are 50k (notably light zhuge liang is only worth 15k, despite being 6*).

Still that means a minimum of 15k MP for 10 stones, rather than the assumed average of 1k/stone. Of course that is still quite a bit of cash for a 300k MP exclusive.

I'm probably rolling twice, maybe 3 times if I end up with enough stones. I wish I wouldn't had rolled last GF, because of the garbage I got. My most desired cards are all pretty much GFEs, though most are 6*. Ilm has been a target for ever, and I could use him on a bunch of teams. The GFE REM is good, but not good enough to get me to IAP again.

Aesnath

I'm probably rolling twice, maybe 3 times if I end up with enough stones. I wish I wouldn't had rolled last GF, because of the garbage I got. My most desired cards are all pretty much GFEs, though most are 6*. Ilm has been a target for ever, and I could use him on a bunch of teams. The GFE REM is good, but not good enough to get me to IAP again.

Yeah, I feel bad spending money on this game. However, it is one of my primary hobbies currently, so I'd probably be spending that (likely more) if I was trying to keep up with magic. Plus, I can play this on my busride, so whatever. I have mixed feelings.

I may end up making a couple of rolls on the GFE with the stones I have. I'll probably spend money on the PCGF if it has what I want at 5*.

J0dy77

F1 Tamas - puzzle and kill. If an important sub gets bound try to stall while eliminating the tamatron
F2 Predra - use Shroots on one predra, match and take the hit, then use the other Shroots the next turn. It's possible to break def on the dark predra with prong, but not recommended.
F3 Zera - one or two 20.25x should be enough to put them under 50%, then just kill. If you accidentally proc resolve, use Sakuya to get them back under resolve threshold.
F4 Meimei - pop Susanoo for safety and in preparation for the next floor. You can kill with a 49x + light prong, so try to set one up.
F5 Refive - puzzle and kill. 20.25x will get under his damage absorb, and he should be near dead by the time he uses that move anyways.
F6 Beelzebub - One of your Shroots should be up again by now. Pop to get rid of the poison orbs. Pop the other next turn if you fail to kill and he does the full board convert again.
F7 Kali - use Nordis, then puzzle to get into the safe zone. Pop Kanna and whatever else is necessary to secure the kill.

Thanks Cosmo, saved me some typing. This is how I was running it originally but made a change on floor 2 that helped a lot.

Use Sherias Roots on the predra with the lower CD (usually the one on the left). Combo and save hearts. The predra can't one shot you and as long as you match three hearts and 6 or 7 combos you'll heal enough to tank. This saves the second Roots active for bad boards or Mei Mei and gives you about 3 or 4 turns to get the original roots active almost back up. I did this consistently on the last couple runs before I cleared. It really made the next few floors more manageable having the 2 board changes available, less possibility for orb troll.

MeiMei doesn't require a ton of combos but TPA is key to break her and is one of the trickier floors.

I also didn't play around with Zeus and Hera. I would just hit the resolve, let them heal and use Sakuya. Those two drive me crazy.

thx you two, will try again over the next few days

need to clean up ~100 spots in my box, LOTS of +eggs and random junk from the red/yellow light dragon dungeons

b33r

I have to say again that Meridionallis is ridiculous and she gets an ult in 4 months. Basically awoken Liu bei without needing to use a skill, but multiplier is 100x. I've been using her to farm and it's crazy mindless. If I didn't already have a bmyr arena farming team I would build one for her. I definitely will spend some stones on the heroine rem when it comes to NA.

Bladelaw

I have to say again that Meridionallis is ridiculous and she gets an ult in 4 months. Basically awoken Liu bei without needing to use a skill, but multiplier is 100x. I've been using her to farm and it's crazy mindless. If I didn't already have a bmyr arena farming team I would build one for her. I definitely will spend some stones on the heroine rem when it comes to NA.

I really need to get some decent farmable blues for her. Any dungeons have blue mystic knights or Siegfried up at the moment?

b7WqCau.png

idk why or how but I got a free tama out of it so neat, I guess

b33r

I really need to get some decent farmable blues for her. Any dungeons have blue mystic knights or Siegfried up at the moment?

I don't know actually. I suck at the JP server and just wing it. I use Pad tx to translate the dungeons, but couldn't find a link to it. Other posters in here are much better at knowing stuff and I'm sure they'll help you. They helped me every time I asked.

Thanks Cosmo, saved me some typing. This is how I was running it originally but made a change on floor 2 that helped a lot.

Use Sherias Roots on the predra with the lower CD (usually the one on the left). Combo and save hearts. The predra can't one shot you and as long as you match three hearts and 6 or 7 combos you'll heal enough to tank. This saves the second Roots active for bad boards or Mei Mei and gives you about 3 or 4 turns to get the original roots active almost back up. I did this consistently on the last couple runs before I cleared. It really made the next few floors more manageable having the 2 board changes available, less possibility for orb troll.

MeiMei doesn't require a ton of combos but TPA is key to break her and is one of the trickier floors.

I also didn't play around with Zeus and Hera. I would just hit the resolve, let them heal and use Sakuya. Those two drive me crazy.
Good call. Made the adjustment to floor 2 and cleared it after a small bit of struggling.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Tried these pro strats. First turn they bound my friend leader. 2 turns later I was dead.

Bladelaw

Reddit has the break down of all the new evos we get.
Uevo Alrechsa
Awoken Okuni
Awoken U&Y
Awoken Ame no Uzume

Rider Skill buffs (swaps poison with their off color)

Awoken Izanagi's cross shield is now 50%

Is there a solid reason to keep D/B okuni? Mine is max skilled and occasionally subs in as a delay on Ra Dragon but that's the only compelling argument I have.

Kreed

I see we have a new Snow Globe challenge and both difficulties have an award this time. I'm thinking Myr will be the way to go, but the 4 second movement time limit has me concerned.

Bladelaw

I see we have a new Snow Globe challenge and both difficulties have an award this time. I'm thinking Myr will be the way to go, but the 4 second movement time limit has me concerned.

I'm going with Balboa/Awoken Artemis. Plenty of HP/RCV, tons of damage, easy to activate, and I'm used to running the team with almost no time extends. Going to inherit beach Sonia on the snowglobe first though.

J0dy77

Tried these pro strats. First turn they bound my friend leader. 2 turns later I was dead.

This has happened to me twice. Once it was my lead, once it was my partner.

Yeah I had this happen a couple times. If you get a board with 6 hearts don't forget that you can remove the bind with bind clear heart row. That was my biggest complaint about the dungeon.

Cleared c10 this morning solo with Myr. She's just so strong. As long as you can keep hearts flowing and stagger actives she can clear anything.

Good call. Made the adjustment to floor 2 and cleared it after a small bit of struggling.

Awesome! Glad it worked. That small change really made the dungeon manageable.

Aesnath

I really don't think I can beat that dungeon--without the snowglobe. It looks like you are going to have some mortal poison orbs no matter what you do, Medjedra being a jerk again. Then a combo shield boss, then a damage absorb.

I might be able to co-op it with Anima, but that is about it. Solo seems a bit too much for me.

A bit sad, really, Khepri's active seems really cool--although very slow if you can't farm her easily.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
2 Pull on the 10 stone machine.

1. Ronove
2. Balboa

Both new - and especially Ronova was my Most-Wanted.

Five times let's do this:

Tsubaki (my third, will keep for system)
Sherias (dupe)
Red D.Bound Gadius (dupe)
Verdandi (my third)
Zuoh (dupe)

Literally nothing new or useful except for Tsubaki I guess for a system, and I need her skillup dungeon to come around again to make the team worthwhile.

A waste. Should I sell Verdandi?

2 Pull on the 10 stone machine.

1. Ronove
2. Balboa

Both new - and especially Ronova was my Most-Wanted.

Congrats! Fun but tough leader, it's been fun learning the game on him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I could reeeeeally use 5 blue snow globes on my alt, alas his dungeon soloing capabilities are near non-existent so another challenge passes me by. Oh well.

hermit7

4 rolls

Dark kali
sherias (b/l)
Gadius
Kali

All dupes except for d Kali who is new. May roll a few more times but she has been pretty high on my list for a while.

Jagernaut

I had enough free saved stones for 5 GFE REM pulls

1. Ronia - dupe, already have 3 and sold 1 before
2. Tsubaki - dupe
3. Ronia - wtf?
4. Australis - 3rd dupe
5. Sherias - the bad one

This was a bust. I'm fine with 5 stars but none that i wanted like Ronove, Zuoh, Urd, or Saria.

Bladelaw

4 rolls
Skuld (third, not sure if I keep or sell.)
Zuoh (billionth, I'm sorry anyone looking for him sold)
Australis (5th sold)
Balboa (dupe, not sure if I keep or sell)

Saving the rest of stones for a rainy day. 95k MP isn't bad. Debating buying that second Rag Dragon for a ridiculous Machine Athena team.

Is there a practical use to 3 skulds? I'm not looking to build Yuki's all skuld arena team. and I already have one hyper maxed for use and another max skilled and ready to inherit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice do you have kaede for ronove?

Hah sadly no....would be too awesome. But i might get RaDRag for him lol.

Pretty cool that we get them max skilled - evolved and max skilled Ronove with the Fruits i still had. 5/15.

Five times let's do this:

Tsubaki (my third, will keep for system)
Sherias (dupe)
Red D.Bound Gadius (dupe)
Verdandi (my third)
Zuoh (dupe)

Literally nothing new or useful except for Tsubaki I guess for a system, and I need her skillup dungeon to come around again to make the team worthwhile.

A waste. Should I sell Verdandi?

Do you need the MP you would get from selling Verdandi ? 3 is a lot so you can get rid of one, unless you want that skill for an extra inherit.

Which units were you looking for ?

LiQuid!

2 GFE pulls on each account. I'm mad.

Alt:

Ronia
Fenrir

Neither dupes, but both garbage

Main
Balboa dupe
Zuoh dupe

I WOULD HAVE KILLED FOR BOTH OF THOSE ON MY ALT

This machine is the trappiest of traps and we all fell for it! They doubled the cost per pull in a desperate attempt to fleece us out of stones before PCGF and STILL we pulled...

Just rolled my last 10 stones on alt, down to literally zero stones right now.

Got Gadius dupe. Disgusting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
1 pull so far.

3rd Fenrir. Not sure if I should sell for 15k MP or keep him. I don't know what the "ideal" Fenrir team is, but I suspect it's not more than 2 Fenrir, ha.

Bladelaw

2 GFE pulls on each account. I'm mad.

Alt:

Ronia
Fenrir

Neither dupes, but both garbage

Main
Balboa dupe
Zuoh dupe

I WOULD HAVE KILLED FOR BOTH OF THOSE ON MY ALT

This machine is the trappiest of traps and we all fell for it! They doubled the cost per pull in a desperate attempt to fleece us out of stones before PCGF and STILL we pulled...

Honestly I'm just happy for the MP/stone ratio. 90% of my GF pulls are crap at this point so anything to tilt the cost to make it better is fine by me.

divusrex

The PAD Gods have answered my prayers. I meant to yolo pull, but I got too excited after my first pull and accidentally going for another pull.

1) Ronove
2) Red Odin (first)

I flipped out when I got Ronove, I've been sitting on an near perfect team for a long time. I instabought Ragdrag, and now I'm inclined to save my vote for Rozuel in PCGF.

LiQuid!

Honestly I'm just happy for the MP/stone ratio. 90% of my GF pulls are crap at this point so anything to tilt the cost to make it better is fine by me.

I guess, even getting dupes I'm not at the point where I'm selling a lot of my crappy pulls yet, so I'm basically paying 10 stones for -1 box.

So many amazing GFE's I need on my alt. To get those 3. Man, I'm fuming.

^^^ the reason I don't have an alt, I would rage too much from rolling good monsters on the wrong account lol

Do you need the MP you would get from selling Verdandi ? 3 is a lot so you can get rid of one, unless you want that skill for an extra inherit.

Which units were you looking for ?

I've never purchased anything with MP before and honestly am terrified to because I only have ~30k after several months and anything good is hundreds of thousands of points and could be eclipsed by a meta change at any time.

I guess what I was looking for was stuff that's otherwise pretty typical:

GOdin
DKali
Urd
Skuld
Typhon
Kaede (probably my #1)
Scheat
Eschmali
Gremory
Sitri
Paimon

Any of those would have opened up a few more teambuilding options for my messy box (I just updated it, god bless PadListener) but for now I guess I can stick with Ronove until I roll more and/or get access to good skillup materials.

b33r

4 rolls.

Kali, kept cause I sold my last one, dunno if I'll ever use her though.

Sitri, new and I'm happy with this pull.

Ronia, dupe sold.

Grodin, dupe sold.

I got one roll I wanted and some mp. Still really want a Gremory or Kaede though.

Okamid3n

I got my gadius at last, I wanted him ever since XM was announced, but now XM is not worth it anymore. Hah.

I still kinda want her, I have two Uriel + gadius and basically almost all good red healers.

Bladelaw

I rolled 2 paimon back to back lol wtf how good is he? Better or worse than myr?

He's a perfect sub for myr. Makes lights + hearts, low cooldown, haste, solid awakenings. He's ok on his own too but I'd just as soon stick them both on a Myr team. Myr, Paimon, Paimon, Apoc, ADQXQ/Wukong would be nuts.

hermit7

Bought a few stones for the first time in a long time for a few more rolls

Didn't get a single new card, all dupes. I got a second d Kali which is nice I guess because it is my second from today, but that wasn't very high on my list even.

Ronia, fenrir, Godin etc. kept a dupe tsubaki as a sub but sold everything else.

Went and restricted my Iap purchases again to dissuade myself.

Top Bottom