• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kreed

Ronove's shield is only 35%. That's the equivalent of a 1.53x boost to HP and to RCV. Barely better than Ra Dragon's, but RaDra's team has better stats to cover the 0.03 difference. I'd have to crunch the numbers again, but IIRC, Ronove's RCV is ~10 points better, while RaDra has a modest HP advantage (500 maybe? It's definitely <1k). Kaede and Myr are the ones with the crazy shields. RaDra is just as survivable as Ronove in terms of raw numbers, but is practically more survivable, since your defenses don't vanish when you have only 4 hearts on board.

Damage reduction from heart cross behaves differently than HP multipliers. Example, say you're playing the Journey to the West Dungeon. On the Bajie and Wujing floors, the HP reduction moves performed by these two (especially Wujing if you try to one hit KO him without something like delay or poison) would be much less of an issue against Ronove's shield since the HP reductions would be reduced.

b33r

Yep I love heart cross on journey to the west, I get to blast that asshole and tank his counter, then poke him with my finger to kill.

Damage reduction from heart cross behaves differently than HP multipliers. Example, say you're playing the Journey to the West Dungeon. On the Bajie and Wujing floors, the HP reduction moves performed by these two (especially Wujing if you try to one hit KO him without something like delay or poison) would be much less of an issue against Ronove's shield since the HP reductions would be reduced.

I mentioned that in the Ronove pros list: He doesn't care about gravities. Given the high RCV values at play here though, I've never felt that gravities were a real concern. In the heart cross world, if I know a gravity is coming, I often consider that a good time to not bother spending a skill to get a heart cross up. You know the gravity won't be lethal, so you just eat it, heal+cross the next turn and everything's fine with no actives wasted. Ra Dragon just ends up doing that every time. It's definitely a perk for Ronove, but I think Ra Dragon's suite of benefits outweigh that. (As for Sha Wujing, afaik he's the only enemy to do the gravity -> attack trick, so I'd consider that a pretty minor, but annoying, edge case).

Bladelaw

Anyone check out the YamaP pull buffs? This is the reddit summary:
Kurone

Gains 2 Bind Resist

AS addition "2 turn bind clear", LS addition "3+ heart combos for 4x ATK"

Dill Sirius
Gains 2 Bind Resist
AS addition "Enhances Dark orbs"
LS addition "Devil types 1.5x ATK and RCV"

Alnair
Gains Skill Boost and Green Row
LS change "Wood Att. 2.5x ATK on skill use"

Markab
Gains Skill Boost and TPA
LS change "Fire Att. 2.5x ATK on skill use"

HIzanami
Skill CD reduced by 1 (4 -> 3)
LS Addition "HC for 50% reduced damage"

Sanada
RD
Gains Fire OE
+600 HP
New LS "When Fire/Dark matched, 2x ATK 1.5x RCV; 5 OE match for 4x"

RR
Gains Fire Row
+400 HP +100 ATK

All are decent buffs but Dill, Markab, and Sanada are amazing.

A Markab system looks brutal now. Too bad it wasn't Kakkab I already have that system. Dill is now a super utility sub with prongs, killers, and enhance in his active. He works well on Awoken Persephone and Durga teams and his active makes a great ghetto Akechi. Sanada was already great and now he's better.

J0dy77

I think it's 999,999. I saw someone on the Facebook group with that much once.

How is that even possible? What dungeons do people run to cap out MP like that?

If you're at a point where you don't need to skill anything up, or run challenges you can basically farm MP in any of the rogue dungeons. ~575 MP per run whenever you need to burn stam adds up fast especially with junk REM pulls piling 3-5k on top of that.

I'm at 500k without much effort and I don't even run MP. When you're account has cleared all high end content the only thing left to do is farm the Mythicals when off event or you've cleared all the event's content.

Most people run MP ALB teams at 1/2 stamina and it really adds up on the mythical plus in a short amount of time.

What about 100% or higher gravities?

Even a heart crossing team won't survive the 500% ones the radar dragons dish out, and for the 100% ones, you just need 1 on-color resist latent (assuming you even let them hit you, aren't the overwhelming majority of them enrages?). If a bunch of 101+% gravities start showing up, then yeah, I'd concede that heart crossing is blatantly better vs them, but they're not really a thing.

Glancing over arena 3, the two biggest gravity related threats are floors 8 and 20. You've got a 1/6 chance of running into Sha Wujing on floor 8, who you can damage control to avoid his gravity kill. A 1/54 chance of getting the Zhu Bajie -> Hel 8-9 floor combo, which would kill you if you swept Zhu Bajie and failed to recover 25437 health in the same turn (Edit: Actually, this might make it a good strategy to pop Isis' shield on floor 5, so if you run into Zhu Bajie, you keep around 10k health and can heal more easily). Floor 20 has Zaerog, who forces you to heal pretty hard if he's absorbing light, but nothing insurmountable. I guess Shiva -> Lifive is a possible threat as well, but Shiva's gravity is only 75%, so you'd only need to heal around 12k there. Gravities that can pose a real threat to a team with good offense and RCV just aren't all that common, even in a dungeon as tough as A3.

Okamid3n

Challenges cleared. Decided to do them solo this time because I don't feel like playing the game that much lately, so the stamina loss wasn't an issue. Plus, it's fun to do challenges solo.

C9 was definitely the most fun. C10 is kind of a breeze with Myr. I didn't even bring a true damage for floor 2. The heart cross carries from the floor 1 kill so I flooded the board with an heart breaker and did two rows and some combos, killed the dark predra easily and it's easy to tank with one predra left. Probably better to bring a true damage, but I didn't need one.

I know a lot of people hate them, but I love fixed team challenges/ranking dungeons. C9 was more challenging than C10, which is funny.

Bladelaw

Any takers for joining me on the 9pm USEast Star Den? Or anyone in another group looking for a carry or a bunch of skill boosts?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Up to the No RCV challenge again and no clue how I'm going to deal with it. I hate No RCV dungeons so damn much it makes me sick.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hmm, maybe I pull sub in my Kraken Rider for Sherias since his active is useless and try it with him. No Liu Bei.

Bladelaw

I'm looking at my NA account and Mathena is almost done. I managed to get 5 woodpys from the challenge dungeon rewards so that helped quite a bit. My alt's Myr is finally hypered (only used pys for skill ups) now it's just a matter of skilling up Elia there. The team will be Myr, Paladin Cecil, Elia, Apocalypse, ADQXQ unless I roll something like Wukong. In coop it's been tested in Arena and we have a pretty solid clear rate, only losing to sopdet sometimes. I'm working on skilling up a Zeta hydra to inherit on that team for sopdet.

On JP I managed to solo the Tama guerilla and got the rest of the skill boosts on Illumina. Can't wait until I unlock the killers.

b33r

Finally finished skilling up my Myr today, Will probably never do that dungeon again. Need to finish skilling up Wukong and some of the team still needs some plus eggs. Myr, ADQXQ, Saria, Apocalypse, and Wukong. That will give me a powerful light team to go with my dark team, Anaphon.

Feels good to be right in the meta for a change.

LiQuid!

Never did max my Sitri off blue masks but holding on to the 20+ green masks I accumulated paid off when I went 5/20 and maxed my Bilbo for whatever that's worth. Good thing I noticed the skill rotation, I was about to feed all those green masks for exp cause I needed box space.

jiggle

Yay
Found out by accident I actually could farm myr
But how do you get an Elia for evolve?
Do they still do the Elia and Grisar invade event?

b33r

I messed around a bit with Meridionallis today, that team hits like a truck with an 8 water orb row. You have to use a water sub with 2 sbr, other than that she is pretty great. It wasn't long ago the heroes got their 25x and were considered pretty good. To have the same activation for 100x is pretty crazy. And she even needs 1 orb less than Sarasvati for the 100x, and it is already a row with the leaders combining for ten row enhances just between them.

Jagernaut

Finished all of the challenges. I did C9 last in solo mode. It was tough and I used 1 stone to finish off L Kali. Decided to invest all my woodpys (including the 5 from the challenges) into Machine Athena, only 1 skill up left.

hermit7

Finished all of the challenges. I did C9 last in solo mode. It was tough and I used 1 stone to finish off L Kali. Decided to invest all my woodpys (including the 5 from the challenges) into Machine Athena, only 1 skill up left.

Beat both 9 and 10 coop.

Usually avoid it, but the addition of the extra gravities on 9 was very helpful.

10 I beat with Sarasvati, carried my partner who brought a poison and counter for predra and Zeus. Aside from that it was pretty easy to do, for Kali on 10 I popped Nut who had a 2 color board change but I only got 9 off color orbs. Made a 3, tpa and all the others for 100x and it killed through the damage reduction.

jay23

Soloed C9, took me a few tries to get down what actives I should be using
GsdlLTt.jpg

Not sure what to do for C10 looks doable with ACC if I inherit ra on someone.

Gfe rem right before they announce pcgf I see you gung ho.

jiggle

Don't think I'll pull any besides the free one

Need all the stones I can save for krishna

Would be nice to get a bunch of red eschamali again though

Edit: wait this is not the 10 stone heroins one?
Sad

I assume there's some nerd who worked out the math on whether or not it's worth pulling on the 10-stone one?

I thought about it but honestly the only ones I would be really interested in at the moment would be Kaede, Gremory, and maybe DKali but all of those I could get in a regular GF along with a chance at a pantheon god. 10 stones is a LOT.

W-00

We're finally getting the 10-stone GFE REM? I've got 75 stones on my main and 53 on my alt, but I'm not sure that I actually want to spend any in it.

Ten stones is a lot to ask, even for a guaranteed GFE. And even within the GFE, I'm not sure there's that much that would really help either account. I wouldn't be disappointed by Kaede on either one, of course, but that's just one card. I don't have the subs for Anaphon, and I'm not sufficiently into the heartcross meta to seek Gremory (or Ronove, who I don't have the subs for). Satsuki or Eschamali would be nice, but they aren't devils, so they're suboptimal. Skuld would be a nice addition to my main's water teams, but I already have two full-board changers for them. Verdandi, Sylvie, Gronia, or Australis would all be good for my alt. Ilm, Apocalypse, and Saria would all be nice on either account. My main could use a Zuoh, and my alt wouldn't say no to a second, I suppose.

So, If my count is accurate and there are currently 44 GFE that can be pulled in NA, that means about a 1/4 chance of getting something useful to either account in a pull. But that isn't getting into the rarity of the cards in question, which would complicate things. Are those odds worth ten stones?

Jagernaut

There are 39 GFE listed in the Facebook announcement. Apocalypse was downgraded and is no longer a GFE.

I'm still missing 5 star GFE like Urd, Zuoh, Ronove, Saria, and Sitri. I'd take any of those.

W-00

Ah, didn't look at the announcement itself. And I hadn't remembered that Grodin is useful again. So, let's see...

Main would like: Grodin, Skuld, Zuoh, Ilm, Saria, Sylvie (kind of), Kaede, Satsuki, and Eschamali. And maybe Paimon.

Alt would like: Grodin, Verdandi, Zuoh, Ilm, Saria, Sylvie, Kaede, or Australis.

So that's about a 1/4 chance on the main and a 1/5 chance on the alt, not accounting to rarity. Those are much better odds than I'd get in a standard GF, but are they worth the extra stones...

jay23

Didn't JP have a 5x pcgf? I wonder if we'll get something like that.

I keep looking over the full list of gfe and most of the monsters I want are all 6 star, still may do 2-3 rolls but 10 stones is a lot.

LiQuid!

Daylight Savings Time. :(

I was 2 skillups from maxing a 2nd Zeus and I had a full bar of stamina to go run some more but the day switched over an hour earlier than I'm used to. Oh well getting to 13/15 in a day is way way way better than I did on my first Zeus and the first time I had the benefit of Monday dungeon to refill my stamina on for all-day farming.

Not sure if I want to pull the GFE machine. Got 50 stones on my main and this seems like the best time to go for a Kaede or two but the chances of pulling a dupe are so high. I'd LOVE to pull a couple on my alt since he needs almost all GFEs still, but the Great Stone Cleansing of 2016 still has that acct super broke.

jiggle

Fuck me
Because of my OCD of using dark carbuncles to hold all my extra +297 cards
I just fed a +297 card to a +290 one
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Got to the last floor of C9 - even saved up Nordis to no-sell through Kali's damage check. AND THEN I ONLY MATCH 4 COLORS ON A FAVORABLE BOARD AND EAT SHIT AND DIE

Bladelaw

Going for 5 pulls on the GFE REM. 26 of the 39 monsters would help me (dupe or otherwise). That said I expect 5 Lmetas.
I'll be happy with anything but, Zuoh, Lmeta, Australis, Scheat, Ronia, Sitri, Odins, Kalis, Fenrir (Viz is ok), and Sherias.

I'd be really happy with Roots, Kaede, Baldin, and Ronove.

J0dy77

Gfe rem right before they announce pcgf I see you gung ho.

Arguably the GFE REM has a better hit rate than the Heroine REM, at least until they announce the ults in a few months.

On one hand, the GFE machine sounds awesome. But the rates are different for each monster, and I don't need a 7th Ronove...

I'm of the opinion that the PCGF is a complete and total trap. The thing most players don't realize is that just because cards are voted as the #1 of PCGF doesn't give them any more of a chance to come out over the lower cards that you already have or normla silver eggs. For people with well established accounts you're better off with GFE and then focusing on specific pantheons.

The only thing I've ever pulled from PCGF has been dupes and silver crap after saving large amounts of stones and chasing. You will have much better success targeting pantheons you desire and rolling with 4x GFE or the GFE machine.

J0dy77

Got to the last floor of C9 - even saved up Nordis to no-sell through Kali's damage check. AND THEN I ONLY MATCH 4 COLORS ON A FAVORABLE BOARD AND EAT SHIT AND DIE

This C9 has a lot of random crap to it that is driving me crazy. Couple times I've caught bad boards and had the tama lock out a leader. Determined to make it through this though. Very challenging.

ccbfan

Whats a good Myr team, I just max skilled mine and now working on all the mats for Evo.

I have 2 of the generally accepted best subs in APoc and DQHQ. The last 2 I have no clue.

I have

Apollo
L Meta
Ganesha
Izanagi
Baal
Raph
Venus
Thor
Another Myr

as possible subs

I'm think Apollo and a 2nd Myr since Apollo and Myr can combo together for a good burst.

So something like

Myr
DQHQ
APoc
Apollo
Myr

Aesnath

I don't know, ten stones is a bunch. I could really use a typhon or, I suppose, another Gremory, but I'm not sure what else I really need for the Gremory team. I sort of want a Sumire, as my daughter has one and I have a lot of solid water subs, but her LS sounds harder than Grem's.

Honestly, I really need Pandora and Yomi to a greater extent at this point.

Are we getting a free roll on the 10 stone machine?

What are the odds on us getting those 150 and 250 resets?

Top Bottom