• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kreed

Finished both difficulties of the snow globe challenge, Mythical with Idunn/Idunna + Ryune and Legend Plus with Myr. Like J0dy77 mentioned, I just used Myr's ability on turns where I needed more time to combo, but otherwise 4 seconds sucked but it wasn't as bad as I was imagining. I will farm Khepri with Idunn/Idunna + Ryune though since it's much safer.

Cleared Mythical and Legend + Khepri w. Lakshmi

Will need the Snowglobes to max lvl. Rev Lakshmi once we get her.

I've been wondering about this for a while, but I've noticed that sometimes when I see screen shots from PAD, the backgrounds are the generic stone wall ones vs "fancier" backgrounds like Khepri's desert setting. Are you guys turning off the backgrounds in settings or does PAD do this by default on some phones?

Quantum

I'm drunk but I'm smart enough to not buy stones to roll. Hooray for alcohol induced intelligent decision making!

I was at a bar last night that had old fashions on tap. I'm kinda proud of my self - I did not buy stones and I did not have a tap old fashion.

but I was fascinated.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I've been wondering about this for a while, but I've noticed that sometimes when I see screen shots from PAD, the backgrounds are the generic stone wall ones vs "fancier" backgrounds like Khepri's desert setting. Are you guys turning off the backgrounds in settings or does PAD do this by default on some phones?

Congrats on both clears !!

Yeah i turned off the fancier backgrounds in the option menu - dont need to game to drain more battery than needed.

Pulled twice on the GFE REM. got Saria and Ronove, both new to me!

So ronove is top tier (along with gremory an already acquired one). Is he easier then gremory with a fairle optimized team? What are some good subs for him? Haven't played anything but dark element in about 7 months

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Khapri dungeon looks cancerous af and Medjedra can fuck right off. Is the boss even worth anything? I saw her leader skill gets rid of the ability to clear 3/4 orbs wat?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pulled twice on the GFE REM. got Saria and Ronove, both new to me!

So ronove is top tier (along with gremory an already acquired one). Is he easier then gremory with a fairle optimized team? What are some good subs for him? Haven't played anything but dark element in about 7 months

He's really easy to build an OK team for. He shines with TPA builds though. Having said that, anything that makes hearts and something else allows you to keep his active up. Also haste is nice to allow one or the other Ronove to be up when needed. Binds are the bane of your existence though. Have a clear or unbindable setup to prevent frustration.

Of course, if you've got Kaede and Rozuel, you're pretty set.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My Ronove team probably doesn't have great super late game damage since it's not built around any damage awakenings other than a few scattered killer awakenings, but I've found that getting as many fingers as possible means that I'm much better at consistently max activating, which is usually enough to kill most enemies. Aside from that all you need is full color coverage and a good bind clear and you're set as long as your Ron and your friends' Ron are both max skilled. I've got 9 fingers on my team right now, which is almost overkill, even playing with the handicap of being me.

Khepri dungeon is super annoying. Skill delays can fuck right off. I'm trying to do it without the snow globe just so I can get the drop but it's really frustrating :(

I wish I had more than one team capable of clearing higher-end content, especially given how much I've spent on the game thus far :(

jiggle

Not even gonna try Capri
4 seconds are not enough for me

I feel like I've been really spoiled by alb
Uevo ilm teams (jp) and myr((Na) are not impressing me

Okamid3n

I'm currently farming Khepri with Myr solo, no problem. I'd do it co-op, but the ALB set-ups requires inherits and I hate messing with tans. Nobody wants to do it co-op with myr, it seems.

I'll at least max awoken her, I don't know about max skill. That skill is so situational that I don't really care.

Kwhit10

Did both difficulties of Khepri with

A. Izanagi/snow globe/A.DQXQ/Apoc/Venus/Myr

I like trading the time from Myr lead to get Izanagi boosted rcv, one cross basically fill entire health bar. Though I do lose a second myr active. But his boost always comes in handy for the boss.

I thought I'd be able to do it with my Saravasti team:

Sara/BleuGlobe/Mori/BLHermes/Andromeda/Sara

My Sara, Mori are not max skilled which is really killing things for me.I have a hypermaxed Blonia and Sumire that I've also slotted in and still am not able to get past Medejra.

Quite frustrating. I just want the snow globes, so if I can't do it, not a big deal.

I feel like I should be able to though...

Bladelaw

Managed Khepri snow globe challenge with a Balboa/Awoken Artemis team.

I stalled on floor 1 one on the tan to get everything up (including the Beach Sonia Inherit on the Snow Globe) Each other floor was basically a one active job. On the Mejed floor I popped Rag Drag and cleared heals and the mortal poisons along with the green and blues to clear the floor. Sphinx isn't bad when you're playing a team that normally has almost no time extends. I stalled out Khepri's damage shield just pinging her to stay blue. When it dropped I popped Beach Sonia and wrecked her. All told pretty easy and would be trivial in coop.

Also if anyone is planning on farming her for the newer Mech Zeus carry team there's an ALB guide for it.

b33r

I ended up using Myr for Khepri, her active was to useful on hard boards. I got the drop and stone, but dunno if I want to farm it. May try the snow globe thing though.

Jagernaut

Did both difficulties of Khepri with

A. Izanagi/snow globe/A.DQXQ/Apoc/Venus/Myr

I like trading the time from Myr lead to get Izanagi boosted rcv, one cross basically fill entire health bar. Though I do lose a second myr active. But his boost always comes in handy for the boss.

I used your team with Wukong instead of Venus to clear Mythical. The rcv boost made it easy to stall without heart crosses, 3 hearts and combos healed pretty well. I saved Izanagi for the boss to negate her 50% shield. Very smooth run.

I co-op'd with my alt using Myr/Izanagi for both difficulties. Very stable. I don't want to skill Khepri, but I feel like I should. That active seems very useful.

Finally beat the first level of the Khepri Dungeon with the Snowglobe. Was the most aggravating dungeon yet for me, annoying mechanics on every floor. Not sure if it's worth going back and beating Mythical Plus for the additional Snowglobes...but finally beating Legend without even rage stoning takes off some of the sting of getting a dupe LMeta from the GFE godfest. I only had enough stones for one roll and I was hoping for one of the Norns or Dragon Callers, but Lady Luck wasn't smiling down upon me. :T

Funny thing happened yesterday; a player just Best Friended me out of the blue. I checked what monsters he had out, and none of their leaders sync with mine. They all have Fire and Dark typing and Fire's my weakest element. I guess BMyr and Ronove really are that handy. That's good for them, but not really that good for me. I should message them to see if they can leave out any water leads.

Finally beat the first level of the Khepri Dungeon with the Snowglobe. Was the most aggravating dungeon yet for me, annoying mechanics on every floor. Not sure if it's worth going back and beating Legend Plus for the additional Snowglobes...but finally beating Mythical without even rage stoning takes off some of the sting of getting a dupe LMeta from the GFE godfest. I only had enough stones for one roll and I was hoping for one of the Norns or Dragon Callers, but Lady Luck wasn't smiling down upon me. :T

Funny thing happened yesterday; a player just Best Friended me out of the blue. I checked what monsters he had out, and none of their leaders sync with mine. They all have Fire and Dark typing and Fire's my weakest element. I guess BMyr and Ronove really are that handy. That's good for them, but not really that good for me. I should message them to see if they can leave out any water leads.

Random BFs happen on occasion. Just think of it as free pal points, it doesn't really matter if they run something useful to you.

hermit7

Beat kephri with Sarasvati today finally.

Took a bit to figure out stall points cause she is hungry for orbs and you're down a skill, but it is pretty easy once you figure that out.

Ran it hyper (except for snowglobe) with 2 andromeda and skuld.

All max skilled so that definitely helped. I think the biggest issue for me was on medjedra. I couldn't figure out how much damage was needed to kill and I got him to the insta kill zone a couple times.

5 snowglobes means Lakshmi will be hyper when she comes out, may move to her because of the lower orb requirement and increased health compared to Sarasvati. (Though I really like her as a lead personally)

LiQuid!

I got a random BF on my alt (who runs Oda as a main) and the rando has Pandora up constantly, which would be great, but it's like level 20 and not evo'd at all...

W-00

I wish there was a way to block users so that they couldn't join your room even with the number. Or at least a way to kick someone out of the room. I wanted to try ALBing my way through Challenge 7 (I have a lot of green orb changers on my main), but my alt isn't suited to the task, so I was asking for randoms on the PADX multiplayer page.

I specified that I was looking for ALB compatible (or even Pandora, since I would have been okay with that, too), but this keemstar guy kept joining with a very, very low-level fire team. Even after I kept cancelling the rooms and specified, by name, that his team wasn't compatible, he kept joining!

Eventually I just said "Screw it," and gave it another solo try with my Pandora team and cleared it without any trouble.

fek

Unlocked my first +99 dungeon from PADR the other day:
IJiJvQx.jpg

And today doing the ranking dungeon with Meridionaris I got to 3.9%. I might try going for the crown for the first time.

b33r

What subs are you using on Meri? I did the ranking dungeon once, but can definitely do it way faster. She is going to be very good at speed runs with her easy to activate 100x and no skyfall.

fek

What subs are you using on Meri? I did the ranking dungeon once, but can definitely do it way faster. She is going to be very good at speed runs with her easy to activate 100x and no skyfall.
Scheat, Andromeda, Alrescha, Academy Sasuke. Wish I had Hermes.

b33r

Scheat, Andromeda, Alrescha, Academy Sasuke. Wish I had Hermes.

I have Scheat and Hermes, but don't have Scheat on the team so I can be 100% sbr. Right now I'm using Hermes, Gabriel, Alrescha, and Summurd. I'll try using Scheat in a few of the runs and thanks.

Also PSA: JP pal machine has the +9 eggs on right now. I should be able to +297 3 or 4 cards with all my saved pal points in the mail. Also might be some decent subs in there for new accounts.

EDIT: After doing that my JP account is catching up to my NA in +297's

Actually it would be ahead of NA if I didn't go all in on Bmyr, I sold at least five 297's on that sad day. Still don'y have a full page yet, but it will happen soon.

LiQuid!

I wish there was a way to block users so that they couldn't join your room even with the number. Or at least a way to kick someone out of the room. I wanted to try ALBing my way through Challenge 7 (I have a lot of green orb changers on my main), but my alt isn't suited to the task, so I was asking for randoms on the PADX multiplayer page.

I specified that I was looking for ALB compatible (or even Pandora, since I would have been okay with that, too), but this keemstar guy kept joining with a very, very low-level fire team. Even after I kept cancelling the rooms and specified, by name, that his team wasn't compatible, he kept joining!

Eventually I just said "Screw it," and gave it another solo try with my Pandora team and cleared it without any trouble.

WTF I just had someone with the exact same name in a game of Overwatch calling my team "kids" and "fags" cause we switched to a double Bastion on the final point of the map, causing him to lose after he "raped us all game" What a crazy coincidence.

WTF I just had someone with the exact same name in a game of Overwatch calling my team "kids" and "fags" cause we switched to a double Bastion on the final point of the map, causing him to lose after he "raped us all game" What a crazy coincidence.

keemstar is a youtube guy with a lot of fans

Okamid3n

Well, Zeus dragon acquired. Since I have two hypermax dkalis I've never needed, I should really work on getting Ra Dragon's evo mats. But...it sounds like a pain.

I got the hardest one to get, at least.

LiQuid!

Glad I checked the one shot challenge on PADx before blowing stamina on it. Those are WAY above my pay grade. Back to the slum with me.

Bladelaw

Well, Zeus dragon acquired. Since I have two hypermax dkalis I've never needed, I should really work on getting Ra Dragon's evo mats. But...it sounds like a pain.

I got the hardest one to get, at least.

I'm super excited. I'll stone the shit out of this if I must. Anything to avoid Arena 3. Hopefully we'll get something similar for Hera dragon then I can ignore the rest of the radar challenges.

raiot

Did the Gaia Dragon Challenge and had to stone 2 times...
Both were on Gaia Dragon, First was a raised Arm Attack at 40 % health without enough health orbs for a shield, second was a Jesus cross... Got 1 stone back, so 1 stone for a gaia dragon and odin tama is pretty good.

Team was: Ronove Kaede RagDra Rozuel Vishnu Ronove

Aesnath

Since I didn't get to post following the GFE REM, I got the following:

Red Sonia (my 2nd)
Saria (my 4th)
Zuoh (new, but underwhelming)
Sitri (my 2nd)
Ronove (my 2nd)

So, a lot of dupes all around. Given the number of 5*s I would have at least been interested in, I'm fairly disappointed. I figure I'll SI Sonia onto Anima--sure the cooldown will take forever, but I suspect it would be relevant occasionally. I'm probably going to SI Saria onto Minerva. I guess I'll inherit Ronove onto himself, but I SUCK with Ronnie, so it won't do much good. Sitri and Zuoh, who knows?

Pink REM seems like a strikingly poor value proposition. I thought "well maybe I could roll for chibi pandora, use her now then SI her later", but it is only 4* and it seemingly DOES NOT evolve into the other chibi pandora, so it is never a devil nor can I SI it later. This game makes strange choices. I feel pretty comfortable skipping this one all together.

Glad I checked the one shot challenge on PADx before blowing stamina on it. Those are WAY above my pay grade. Back to the slum with me.

Amen to that. Outside of the idea that I don't know what I'd do with a Radar Dragon, I'd probably need to continue for nearly every attack. That's assuming I could even get to the damn thing. I'm just going to sit in my corner and pretend that the challenge doesn't exist.

Bladelaw

For me this challenge is a godsend. I never want to set foot in Arena 3 (Risk/Reward is WAAAAY off IMO) so this is realistically the only chance I'll get to have any of them. I'm even more excited since I'm interested in UUEvoing Ra Dragon and Zeus Dragon is the only thing I'm missing from the equation. It'll hurt to lose Mzeus but with Khepri's active and the incoming Revo Ra I feel like I can get through it again. Fortunately I haven't skilled Mzeus, so I'm only losing out on 9 tamas and a few +'s.

And besides I'm using Mathena for my farm runs these days. She's just so strong. I breezed through arena. With 2 Rag Drags on Dkali a single TPA with some extra combos brought her to less than 50% HP without anything resembling a decent board. I'm really psyched to get more use out of that team. So people get your Mathenas! My alt lacks a Grodin otherwise I'd be all over that there too. I may just try to legit clear with Myr in coop. I'll need a Raph somewhere to eat the fuck you attack at <50% though.

My alt would use the super ghetto team of Mathena, Avalon Drake, Zeal, Zeal, Zeal which would be fine for almost anything in coop barring special mechanics.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Current challenge looks tough with no-dupe - my Boss is Gaia Dragon, hope i can get my Ronove team up and running this weak and give it a shot.

yeah if they're going to keep giving out this odin tama guy in future challenges I can definitely sit this one out. Solo? 99 stam? Bye.

Also OF COURSE they take away 4x skillups at the same time they run Blue Contract Dragon. I have two Ryunes who need skilling (one is on my Ronnie team and is therefore very important). I guess I can just hoard the drops like I did with Kaede dragon and wait for another event.

W-00

Well, I did something stupid. I bit on the Pink REM. Sure, I knew it was a bad idea when I did it, but I still wanted to give it a try. Just a single roll on each account, though. So now my main has its very first Kali, who is at least good for inheriting onto something else if I ever need her skill, while my alt is saddled with the utterly useless Kano. Why is it that, when aiming for a 4-star (as my alt was), I can't get one?

hermit7

Beat the challenge with Sara and 3 stones.

Ate the preemptive on Hera, was going to die on the next hit so had to take the chance and kill on the previous floor. Had a 20 percent chance on hera but ate the preemptive.

Ate a hit by deus ex without any heal orbs.

Used 1 on Zeusdra after not having any heals and hitting him to 50 percent.

Could have zero stoned it with some help, but I am pretty pleased overall I think.

I may buy radra. Have 2 d Kali and Isis already. Have izanagi for burst as well. I don't know really if that's what I want to do but I have ~600k mp so it should be alright.

LiQuid!

I want the Kali from this awful event REM so badly. I hate this game so much. :(

Top Bottom