• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jonsoncao

Banned
First IAP this year (around same time last year first 4x GFE, burnt about 600 stones):

17 rolls total, 7 are 6 stars, pretty satisfied overall (first Rodin in 3 years T.T)
K4SE4L5.png

Completed the facebook challenge on legend plus using this half ass cheese team, with an RCV bonus on the team. It turned out to be quite nice....for this dungeon.
zSJOsB8.png

I may fall into some traps but this one isn't enticing enough, as enticing as GKali and the wedding girls are

do better gungho

but anyway I have about $1.5k in my entertainment budget to blow by the end of the year so when is the FF collab and PCGF happening? thx gungho xoxo muah

Jonsoncao

Banned
I may fall into some traps but this one isn't enticing enough, as enticing as GKali and the wedding girls are

do better gungho

but anyway I have about $1.5k in my entertainment budget to blow by the end of the year so when is the FF collab and PCGF happening? thx gungho xoxo muah
Nice.

Hope we will get the newest FF collab in Jp within this year as well...

Bladelaw

God damn is Anaphon strong. I 1 stoned the One Shot challenge and could have 0 stoned it if I didn't let Orochi come back up on Satsuki. The Zeus dragon kill board had too many hearts after Anaphon to Akechi and normally Satsuki clears out the extra water orbs. Oh well I have Zeus dragon so I'm ready for UUEvo Ra Dragon now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

do better gungho

Gkali prly worth $1.5k tbh, I'd roll a couple hundo and see how you do.

I already have a souped up gaming pc
for 2012, anyway
but tbh all I use it for is to coach homosexual canadians at dota

I don't mind blowing money on time-wasters. I always buy those dumb trinkety puzzle things from chinese sites anyway, why not throw some down the hole at GungHo Online Entertainment®

A bit frustrated by my lack of Kaede after all this, but at least I have some swiss army knives like Isis/DKali/Ra and an OP leader in Ronaldo, and the incorrigible moral haughtiness of knowing that I'm funding the game for others

Quantum

just upgraded most of my electronics - this included a new phone (one of them anyway)

having previous problems with transferring accounts I was a little nervous -

but I just installed a encrypted backup from one phone to a new one (iphone 7+) and my account seems to have transferred without using the device transfer code.

so now I'm really confused - I thought the only was to transfer was to use the device change code??

I haven't booted the game on the original phone - I can't imagine the conflict that could cause

has anyone transferred using only an encrypted back-up via itunes?

At some point GungHo started using iCloud to back up your PAD account, I think? I did the iTunes back up thing when I upgraded phones a few months ago and didn't need to put in transfer codes either.

With one exception (because it did this hilariously convoluted method of automatically generating a transfer code based on the last registered device) I didn't need to put in transfer codes for any of my mobage, or it had an email-based login system.

b33r

I rarely iap these days, but when the heroine machine comes here I might a little. So many useful cards in it and they are getting uvos in 4 months. I would love a Meri on my NA account, using her to farm is so brainless and easy.

Quantum

At some point GungHo started using iCloud to back up your PAD account, I think? I did the iTunes back up thing when I upgraded phones a few months ago and didn't need to put in transfer codes either.

With one exception (because it did this hilariously convoluted method of automatically generating a transfer code based on the last registered device) I didn't need to put in transfer codes for any of my mobage, or it had an email-based login system.

I'm tempted to see what happens if I start my game on my original device - would there be a conflict?

the dream is to have my single account on multiple devices (which I'm sure gungho would not allow).

I'm ready.

Idk who to best friend though, my current Ronnie BF also puts up Tsubaki/ALB/Sumire/Myr and so it's basically a smorgasbord of stuff I have and stuff I might build in the future.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well I procrastinated too long and now I don't get double 250 pulls for my alt. Nobody to blame but myself I guess. Really fucking wish they would have announced it BEFORE Monday dungeon was over tho so I coulda grinded my last 25 ranks today instead of clearing dungeons for stones.

J0dy77

I'm tempted to see what happens if I start my game on my original device - would there be a conflict?

the dream is to have my single account on multiple devices (which I'm sure gungho would not allow).

You can 100% do this, I've been doing it on my iPad and iPhone for a long time. When gung-ho switched to iCloud backups it made it possible.

There are some minor things that happen like favorites being stored by the client, so if you roll a new monster you need to favorite on both. You also have to be careful when entering dungeons on both devices. If you put one down mid dungeon and start up a new one on another device, the latest dungeon will be active and the original is wasted regardless of completion.

Nothing to worry about from an amount perspective though.

Quantum

You can 100% do this, I've been doing it on my iPad and iPhone for a long time. When gung-ho switched to iCloud backups it made it possible.

There are some minor things that happen like favorites being stored by the client, so if you roll a new monster you need to favorite on both. You also have to be careful when entering dungeons on both devices. If you put one down mid dungeon and start up a new one on another device, the latest dungeon will be active and the original is wasted regardless of completion.

Nothing to worry about from an amount perspective though.

wow - I'm shocked/amazed.

Aesnath

So...I guess I need a best friend. I never picked one since my daughter, son, and wife all picked me. Between the three of them they cover a lot of bases.

I suppose I should pick my BF with the best Gremory, as that is my current focus. I think only one of my friends has her max skilled--that might be what I do.

On the other hand, I could BF someone I only have one of, for when I want something not heart-cross related (like persephone or artemis). I'll have to think about it.

LiQuid!

Need moar Hypered Ronove Friends !!

Add me - 357.739.314

Sent invite. Tomorrow I'm gonna BFF moblin and clean all non-GAF Ronalds off my list since Ronoves are like 80% of my friend list right now.

Bladelaw

Noah Dragon get on my alt. Myr breezed through this time. Had to burn a stone on Noah because my kill shot wasn't. I managed to plink her to death without a cross after that. Let this be a lesson: do not neglect your plusses.

And yes I stalled out the damage shield so I wasn't going to take the death and try again.

Finding a friend for MP Blue Contract Dragon runs is tough but I need the skillup materials for Ryune so I'm basically going to be blowing almost all of my stamina in the next few days on that dungeon. Thank christ it's relatively easy and there are some good drops in it.

Need moar Hypered Ronove Friends !!

Add me - 357.739.314

Added, even though you're near your limit. I have a few RCV/HP inherits (don't know what else to stick on him) so it isn't technically pentamaxed but the max skill lvl helps a lot. Grats on the pull, Ronald is a messy, risky lead that has helped me plow through stuff I'm nowhere near skilled enough to get through otherwise.

Sent invite. Tomorrow I'm gonna BFF moblin and clean all non-GAF Ronalds off my list since Ronoves are like 80% of my friend list right now.

<3 My ronnie is my go-to for clearing content so it's always up but hopefully I'll be messing with some (gasp) non-greens after PCGF or if I'm able to skill up other cards.

RT:
So Sphinx Mythical is dumb. Sopdet can eat a dick.

^^^^^
The descended carnivals are a godsend for all my sphinx farming needs.

b33r

Beat the one shot challenge and got Gaia Dragon. Took me a few tries and I had to use a stone on Gaia cause I didn't kill her before the 500% gravity. But got the stone back for completion. Thanks Anaphon, love this team.

b33r

Finished making awoken Okuni, now he is a good delay/spike option on Anaphon. Took him out for a run as leader, used eschax2, Yomi Dragon, and Anaphon. Team had over 30k hit points and can hit like a truck. Very fun leader and I will use him to farm when I feel like not being lazy.

Kwhit10

Finally got Zeus dragon. Took 2 stones since I forgot to save a skill for beezlebub and ate a full poison board and had to use one more on Zeus Dragon when I didn't have enough hearts or active to make a shield.

But I'm glad I got 1 ra dragon Evo mat without having to do arena 3.

Anybody want to triangle? Currently running A.Luci (will be switched to hypermax Ilm as soon as her ult hits) and Acetet in fixed slots, typically switch between Anaphon and Pandy in free slot.

b33r

I don't have ilm, have bacetet and Luci, but don't run then that often. Running Anaphon the most, then Shiva Dragon for lazy farming, and Myr. Have You Yu, but he is a situational lead. Once uvo Yomi Dragon and Shiva Dragon hit, I could move that way. But if you don't find anyone else, I'd triangle since I have best friends for all my leads at the moment.

Ilm seems really fun, I tried it with my santa claus and a few tsubakis and it was good times. I also tried tsubaki and WOW it's easy compared to heart cross.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So BF reset today, right?

I primarily run Ronove, Sumire and Tsubaki. I'm working on my Myr, Gremory and Panda teams as well. I have ALB and a Dios farm system ready, just need more slvl on my 3rd Dios. Oh and a bunch of green jewels....

Whatever the case, if anyone is down, hit me up and we'll get a triangle going!

Bladelaw

I'm looking for a BF that runs some less popular leads, any the following would be awesome. No triangle necessary but it would be nice:

Awoken Artemis
Kenshin
Anaphon
Krishna (once UUevo hits)

I'm really digging the Balboa/Awoken Artemis team and would like to be able to run it more since I only have a few friends that regularly put up Awoken Artemis. Kenshin is one of my favorite leads at the moment and I'd like to be able to run him any time the dungeon calls for overwhelming force. Anaphon is my current Waifu but since my alt doesn't have her and I usually coop to save stam I don't get to use her as often as I'd like either. I'm pretty well covered on other leads I regularly run so any chance to take these teams out more often would be great.

Also since the Metallic star skill ups are in coins I plan on running almost exclusively those till Castor, Pollux, Alrescha, and Antares are done. I finished Spica and Hamal the last time these rolled around.

Also also, today is Star Den Day. I'll be running pretty much all hour for my block (6pm US East) so anyone that wants to join me let me know. I'm low on stones after the GFE REM so depending on how stamina works out I may need to stop prematurely but we'll see.

Also Also also...I'm dying to run Arena with Machine Athena. I've had a 100% clear rate with her and haven't run into any issues with the usual problem spawns (Sopdet, Combo Shields, Parvati, Kagu, Sphinx). The lead swap team is super flexible, you just need a lead swap (Kotodama is optimal) and it needs to be up by floor 13. The rest of the team can just be Reincarnated Zeals. If people are interested enough I can build the Grodin Carry team. I'd run it with my alt but I lack Grodin there ( might try the tamazo team though).

I'm looking for a BF that runs some less popular leads, any the following would be awesome. No triangle necessary but it would be nice:

Awoken Artemis
Kenshin
Anaphon
Krishna (once UUevo hits)

I'm really digging the Balboa/Awoken Artemis team and would like to be able to run it more since I only have a few friends that regularly put up Awoken Artemis. Kenshin is one of my favorite leads at the moment and I'd like to be able to run him any time the dungeon calls for overwhelming force. Anaphon is my current Waifu but since my alt doesn't have her and I usually coop to save stam I don't get to use her as often as I'd like either. I'm pretty well covered on other leads I regularly run so any chance to take these teams out more often would be great.

Also since the Metallic star skill ups are in coins I plan on running almost exclusively those till Castor, Pollux, Alrescha, and Antares are done. I finished Spica and Hamal the last time these rolled around.

Also also, today is Star Den Day. I'll be running pretty much all hour for my block (6pm US East) so anyone that wants to join me let me know. I'm low on stones after the GFE REM so depending on how stamina works out I may need to stop prematurely but we'll see.

Also Also also...I'm dying to run Arena with Machine Athena. I've had a 100% clear rate with her and haven't run into any issues with the usual problem spawns (Sopdet, Combo Shields, Parvati, Kagu, Sphinx). The lead swap team is super flexible, you just need a lead swap (Kotodama is optimal) and it needs to be up by floor 13. The rest of the team can just be Reincarnated Zeals. If people are interested enough I can build the Grodin Carry team. I'd run it with my alt but I lack Grodin there ( might try the tamazo team though).

I'm pretty sure my alt has awoken Artemis. If you're not friends with my alt just let me know your friend code and I'll add you. My alt still has a BF to use before reset so I'll just give it to you. I'll put A. Artemis up in slot 2.

Bladelaw

I'm pretty sure my alt has awoken Artemis. If you're not friends with my alt just let me know your friend code and I'll add you. My alt still has a BF to use before reset so I'll just give it to you. I'll put A. Artemis up in slot 2.
I'm not sure what your alt's name is. My friend ID is
359,468,351 I opened a slot just in case.

Aesnath

Hey, could I friend you and then BF you? I'd bet you have a solid Gremory and, eventually I want to work at making a Revo Minerva team. The disadvantage is that I often have to have my first two slots dedicated to stuff my children and wife want to use--but I'd change stuff if you needed me to.

W-00

Aw, nuts. I was hoping maintenance would be when Wednesday started, not when it ended. Then I could have pulled, seen that I obviously didn't get Kaede, and cleared out all the Kaede-skill-up-fodder in my box before Star Den. Now I'm either going to have to buy more box space (good in the long run, I know, but I'd rather save stones right now) or stop to fuse every couple of runs.

Hey, could I friend you and then BF you? I'd bet you have a solid Gremory and, eventually I want to work at making a Revo Minerva team. The disadvantage is that I often have to have my first two slots dedicated to stuff my children and wife want to use--but I'd change stuff if you needed me to.

Yeah my main has a hyper Gremory always up. Don't worry about what you have up, I have most leads covered. Right now I have an Orochi on her for this one shot challenge but I'll probably put a Ryune skill on her. Feel free to ask me to put up leads, I've got a pretty well developed box.

My code is 302,982,304

RT:

Sopdet can go die in a fire

I got two from Descended Carnival 2 and I hope I never have to run Sphinx again.

Also I'm at 16 Abyssal Shark Dragons for Ryune and counting. PADx doesn't have any information about the next fusion bonus so I guess I'm going to hold on to them for a while.

9 hour maintenance starting 10PM my time is a beast. Hopefully the rolls are worthwhile...

oh, fuck that noise then

I guess the whole thing is worth a stone or two but man I looked at the dungeon stuff and smiled and closed the tab, I don't have the mental fortitude to deal with it.

Bladelaw

I'm not even worried about trying to get him because I have a couple of him already.

It's the One Shot Challenge.

What leads are you attempting? Some leads are much harder than others (Myr is a total pain in the ass to run). Test your team in endless to see where the 200k damage threshold is accounting for any god killers and type advantages on the team. I found Anaphon incredible stable vs Sopdet since you can row your way to victory.

Lucifer is tough since you basically have to tickle her out of light (2-4 god killers on the team) then you can poke a little harder in dark. Balboa is incredibly trolly with skyfall so it's not a great choice. The Norsebound combos do well though since you're rarely poking at the damage threshold accidentally. Not sure if they can handle the rest of the dungeon though.

Make your life easier and bring a delay. Gremory can handle Sopdet in like 2 turns, but also runs the risk of a skyfall fucking everything up. Anaphon was pretty easy with rows, but the extra turns definitely helped. Plus if you run a heart cross lead you should be able to stall to get the delay up.

Top Bottom