• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Rixa

Farmed Diza yesterday (used 1 stone). Was trying to get Elia too. No luck with Elia and poor luck with Diza 1/8.

At somepoint time table was changed and grabbed my 2nd Grisar ever. After those Dizas were fed, awokened my Grisar first time and was surprised to get skill up same time, 15 to go :p.

razterik

JP Godfest announced:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/aniv/4th_aniv_event_1st.html#no2

4x rates for one (mechanical) Pantheon and the listed GFEs. All drop at level 44, with +4 on all stats.

Very nice if you're aiming for a specific new card, otherwise high chance for dupe city.

2PlN502l.jpg
NA Challenge level 10, no stone. Z8 doing work, woof.

Bladelaw

I'm trying to free up some box space and need help deciding where my Piis should go.

I have 3 piis of every flavor and some decent candidates for skilling up.

Fire: Awoken Shiva, possibly save them for Awoken Hino Kagutsuchi. I know Kagu has skill up material but it's currently only in a coop dungeon and my schedule doesn't really permit much time for that. I rarely use Shiva's active more (and a friend fills the gap) than once whereas I could see hitting Kagu twice in a dungeon.

Water: This is a tough one. Most of my quality water monsters have skill ups that are pretty easy to acquire. Amon is the only one I can see burning Piis on. Should I just hang on to them for his UUevo or I get a more interesting water roll in a godfest?

Grass: Awoken Bastet right? Again all the other monsters on my team have available skill ups and Bastet is best when her skill is always up or available.

Light: I have a couple of options here but no clue where they would best be spent.
- Awoken Amaterasu Ohkami I know she has skill ups via the New Years event but I'm not playing those odds.

- Awoken Ra - I don't have a team for him yet. I'm still missing a Kali, tons of awakenings, levels, etc.

Dark: Fewer obvious picks because everything I have has skill up material. Though dark jewels are a pain in the ass so Awoken Haku is on the table. Zuoh is the only other one I'd consider goven the lack of skill ups.

I'm trying to free up some box space and need help deciding where my Piis should go.

If all you care about is inventory space, you're better off expanding your box than force feeding your piis away. 15 piis is way more valuable than 3 stones. But regarding your options:

Fire: Kagu is still a solid option. Unless you plan on farming Machine Hera, go with him.

Water: just wait. Amon will have an easy to obtain skill up soon enough.

Green: Bastet is a fine option. Unless you have a Meimei or Susano waiting to be skilled up.

Light: Either one really. I lean towards Ra. His true damage is pretty useful even if he isn't leader.

Dark: I hate jewel farming, so I would feed Haku.

HGH

Banned
So I was rushing to do one more Rainbow Keeper after waking up and accidentally entered it with my Resolve team.
40 minutes and 25% of the battery later I had him down. Yeesh.

So this New Year REM isn't really worth pulling right?

Bladelaw

So I was rushing to do one more Rainbow Keeper after waking up and accidentally entered it with my Resolve team.
40 minutes and 25% of the battery later I had him down. Yeesh.

So this New Year REM isn't really worth pulling right?

As someone who has pulled in every gimmick REM they've had at least once since I started playing I'm skipping this one. Amaterasu is the only thing I'd have hoped for and I already have her non New Year Awoken form.

Pretty sure this is a safe skip, especially if the JP New Years godfest comes to NA. I'd much rather save my stones for that.

Fire: Awoken Shiva, possibly save them for Awoken Hino Kagutsuchi. I know Kagu has skill up material but it's currently only in a coop dungeon and my schedule doesn't really permit much time for that. I rarely use Shiva's active more (and a friend fills the gap) than once whereas I could see hitting Kagu twice in a dungeon.

Water: This is a tough one. Most of my quality water monsters have skill ups that are pretty easy to acquire. Amon is the only one I can see burning Piis on. Should I just hang on to them for his UUevo or I get a more interesting water roll in a godfest?

Grass: Awoken Bastet right? Again all the other monsters on my team have available skill ups and Bastet is best when her skill is always up or available.

Light: I have a couple of options here but no clue where they would best be spent.
- Awoken Amaterasu Ohkami I know she has skill ups via the New Years event but I'm not playing those odds.

- Awoken Ra - I don't have a team for him yet. I'm still missing a Kali, tons of awakenings, levels, etc.

Dark: Fewer obvious picks because everything I have has skill up material. Though dark jewels are a pain in the ass so Awoken Haku is on the table. Zuoh is the only other one I'd consider goven the lack of skill ups.

Zouh is in the skill-up rotation. He was green masks last rotation I think. Hino is probably a good choice if you use him. Flampy's seem to be the easiest piis to acquire. I've used my light piis on Awoken Ama and love her, but she's a main sub in my Saria team so she sees a lot of use. Bastet seems like a solid choice. I'd hold on to others. If box space becomes an issue, leave them in the mail. Buying more space is always a good investment.

hermit7

Well I one stoned challenge 10 but was able to get the stone back. Worth the pii I think.

Ran with Bastet, verd, meimei, vishnu, susano, bastet friend.

Stone was on hera is where I had a little less than 19k for her blizzard blast or w/e.

Before that it was a breeze. Tanked the first hit from meimei and then she changed the board for me. Popped Bastet for the 2x and made 3 tpa and broke her defense.

Floor 1- popped meimei, could have popped verd here but I wanted the hearts to heal from floor 3.

Floor 2 popped vishnu and Susano and burst him down.

Floor 3 popped verd to heal back up and burst hera down completely.

Floor 4 tanked her first hit. Second turn she changed board to light dark and green. Popped Bastet and burst.

Floor 5 needed to stall 2 turns for meimei and vishnu to come back up. I had maybe 18 k and she killed me spent a stone and burst her with vishnu.

Floor 6 popped meimei and brought her to 3 percent or so. She used aegis defense and I was able to use verd for the kill.

Definitely able to zero stone I think. But one stone is pretty good so I am not going to run it again.

Bladelaw

Well I one stoned challenge 10 but was able to get the stone back. Worth the pii I think.

Stone was on hera is where I had a little less than 19k for her blizzard blast or w/e.

Before that it was a breeze. Tanked the first hit from meimei and then she changed the board for me. Popped Bastet for the 2x and made 3 tpa and broke her defense.

Floor 1- popped meimei, could have popped verd here but I wanted the hearts to heal from floor 3.

Floor 4 tanked her first hit. Second turn she changed board to light dark and green. Popped Bastet and burst.

Floor 5 needed to stall 2 turns for meimei and vishnu to come back up. I had maybe 18 k and she killed me spent a stone and burst her with vishnu.

Floor 6 popped meimei and brought her to 3 percent or so. She used aegis defense and I was able to use verd for the kill.

Definitely able to zero stone I think. But one stone is pretty good so I am not going to run it again.

Wow I gave it a run for kicks and to burn stamina before work and got wrecked on floor 3. Still not worth the stamina investment for me. I'll be happy if I can clear level 8.

hermit7

Wow I gave it a run for kicks and to burn stamina before work and got wrecked on floor 3. Still not worth the stamina investment for me. I'll be happy if I can clear level 8.

Everything was max skilled except for my Bastet, who is level 3 or so. So that helps in not having to stall extra turns for skills.

(Don't really find it necessary to skill her up. Probably will eventually though)

raiot

You have been lucky hermit, Athena sometimes uses her dmg attack instead of her shield when she is low enough! Happened to me once and I was rather shocked and I couldn't believe it, but it was confirmed by other people on the pad board.

yami4ct

JP Godfest announced:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/aniv/4th_aniv_event_1st.html#no2

4x rates for one (mechanical) Pantheon and the listed GFEs. All drop at level 44, with +4 on all stats.

Very nice if you're aiming for a specific new card, otherwise high chance for dupe city.

That's disappointing. Not a fan of the Mechanical Star gods getting paired with them either. The MS 1 pantheon is a pretty decent group of cards, but it seems like they've been popping up too much lately.

4x GFEs would've really excited me when I was starting out, but there are too many GFEs to make it worth it to me. I guess if you really, really need a specific one, this event gives you as good of odds as your gonna get, but I'd just rather keep pulling for pantheons. Over the course of the next year or so, I'll probably get all the GFEs I could want with just naturally pulling for other pantheons.

Perhaps it's now time to add a 3rd Godfest day to help break the GFEs down a bit again. Either that or retire some again, but I don't see any real loser sets that I would want to see gone from there. I wouldn't want Zuoh/Ilm to become Valk difficult to get and they seem like they'd be the next on the chopping block.

hermit7

You have been lucky hermit, Athena sometimes uses her dmg attack instead of her shield when she is low enough! Happened to me once and I was rather shocked and I couldn't believe it, but it was confirmed by other people on the pad board.

I checked Padx and it says she uses her one 100 percent of the time below 90 percent. Maybe I was a little lucky.

I thought I was safe for 2 turns with that and her dark bind.

...so it seems my tablet just died. It won't take any chargers and it won't turn on. Pretty sure the slot for the charger just went - they just slide in and out without any resistance.

Any way to recover my account? Or is that one just down the drain? That would be incredibly depressing.

hermit7

...so it seems my tablet just died. It won't take any chargers and it won't turn on. Pretty sure the slot for the charger just went - they just slide in and out without any resistance.

Any way to recover my account? Or is that one just down the drain? That would be incredibly depressing.

Is it connected via iCloud or Google? They backup all the data. I upgraded phones and it loaded right up.

razterik

I got it restarted and have about 4% battery right now.

What can I do to make sure it is backed up on google?

I suggest you go to Others->Device Change and use Issue Device Change Code. Copy that down. I think it's only valid for something like a week, but it will make it very easy to transfer your account somewhere else.

I suggest you go to Others->Device Change and use Issue Device Change Code. Copy that down. I think it's only valid for something like a week, but it will make it very easy to transfer your account somewhere else.

Was about to do this but then found a "secret code" display under Others > Support that says I can provide this code to customer service if needed to recover data.

And with that, I am apparently in the market for a new tablet. Anybody got a cheap-ish option that they know of?

yami4ct

Was about to do this but then found a "secret code" display under Others > Support that says I can provide this code to customer service if needed to recover data.

And with that, I am apparently in the market for a new tablet. Anybody got a cheap-ish option that they know of?

Secret Code is good in case of an emergency, but it can take a long time for CS to take care of you. Issuing a device change code will give you an automated process and makes it all super easy. I suggest you still do that.

coy

What I wouldn't do for Andromeda. Still only have Pandora from the Heroes so when they are in a good godfest pairing, I will be rolling hard.

In the meantime, I am extremely grateful for the Parvati buff. I was almost at full stamina so I switched it up and decided to try C10 after only completing the first 4 dungeons; normally, I run them in ascending order. More than anything, I was afraid that I'd get a sucky skyfall on Hera-Is to drop her under 30% before my actives were re-enabled. Thankfully, that did not happen and I was able to take out Athena fairly easily. I am also getting more familiar with my team's damage output when using 4, 5, or 6 hearts which can be frightfully strong. Onto the remaining challenge dungeons!

yami4ct

Eh, Andro is a great blue card, but unless Blue is your only strong part of your box you can aim higher. Blue is still far weaker than the others and its even worse in the US due to the lack of Baggy Cat. Maybe the skill transfer system will raise them up, but I sort of doubt it.

I mean, you can certainly make great blue squads. There are some awesome Ryune teams, but I suspect most people can do way better. If you already have Panda, you might already do better focusing on her for when her Awoken hits here.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Congrats man.

I use a janky RaDra team and it seems to be a pretty straightforward 0-stone. I stalled on Floor 2,3,4(used Orochi here), 5(got skill binds stalled 4 turns).

A hypermaxed RaDra team's RCV is just crazy off charts...(Orochi is not hypermaxed though but still)

JQkCaiw.png

coy

Eh, Andro is a great blue card, but unless Blue is your only strong part of your box you can aim higher. Blue is stir far weaker than the others and its even worse in the US due to the lack of Baggy Cat. Maybe the skill transfer system will raise them up, but I sort of doubt it.

I mean, you can certainly make great blue squads. There are some awesome Ryune teams, but I suspect most people can do way better. If you already have Panda, you might already do better focusing on her for when her Awoken hits here.

Blue is my weakest color by far. I just wish I had key subs to make a decent water-based team. I have leaders in Lakshmi, I&I, and Blonia, but the teams are incomplete with my available monsters. No Karin, Andro, Hermes, Sarasvati, Skuld, Nut, U&Y, or Sumire.

I already have the mats and piis for Awoken Pandora so that's already covered. She'll be great to lead a dark row team with what I have in Haku, Loki, and Zuoh as a start.

smbu2000

Well I finally managed to finish off the Yuria on my secondary iPad account. I pulled her from the FotN REM the last time it showed up. I'm a big FotN fan, which is why I want to try and use her.

Now I just need to find some Yuria friends since I don't have Yuria on my iPhone. I'll probably move my A.Shiva over to BF slot, shift YD to slot 1 and try to pick up some Yuria friends.

My current team is Yuria/Saria/Ariel/Apocalypse/Kanna. Only Yuria and Saria are Hyper, the rest are max skilled. Now I need to decide who to plus egg next, maybe Kanna since she has 3 TPAs and is useful on many teams or Ariel also with 3 TPAs and her low 4 turn cooldown.

Maybe I might start to try and plus egg A.Pandora when I finish making her.

razterik

Instead of A.Shiva, how about putting up Saria in your BF slot? I just finished hyper A.Thor today and could use a friend to pair. I've had A.Pandora in my BF slot, but I'm not really using her because of poor sub selection.

smbu2000

Instead of A.Shiva, how about putting up Saria in your BF slot? I just finished hyper A.Thor today and could use a friend to pair. I've had A.Pandora in my BF slot, but I'm not really using her because of poor sub selection.
Sure, I don't mind. I haven't decided on what latent awakenings to give her yet though. I've only ever used her as a sub.

edit: Just set Saria in my BF slot.

Since I don't have any Yuria friends, I just did a quick test with a Thor friend. Had a nice 14 combo I believe at the end of the original Endless dungeon and did decent damage with the 2x boost.

Yuria/Saria/Ariel/Apocalypse/Kanna/Thor was the team.

I'm curious how much damage I could do with a Yuria friend, using Kanna to boost at the end. It would also be nice to have endless hearts dropping with a Yuria loop.

HGH

Banned
I'm not sure how to get these colored Dragon Fruit. Everything in that dungeon binds me and hits for a billion damage simultaneously. This seems like it requires some very specific setups.

Also the game just randomly crashed on me in the middle of a dungeon yesterday. When I booted it back up I was still in there but around 4 stages back. Was really weird.

Rixa

I'm not sure how to get these colored Dragon Fruit. Everything in that dungeon binds me and hits for a billion damage simultaneously. This seems like it requires some very specific setups.

Also the game just randomly crashed on me in the middle of a dungeon yesterday. When I booted it back up I was still in there but around 4 stages back. Was really weird.

If you need those Trifruits, save your PAL points for PEM Evo carnival which should come tomorrow (in 22h time). You might pull other good stuff from PEM too.

HGH

Banned
Yeah I have like 20 PAL pulls, ever since I got something like 3 chasers+3 sprites in a row i decided to save them.
Now all I need is to pull out Golems from the REM and I'll be a certified PAD newbie!

ZombAid82

This fucking Thursday Dungeon!!!!
Why doesn't this stupid motherfucking Yellow Dragonfruit drop?!?!?!?
Always, really always it is the red one now!
Three weeks ago, I needed the red one, but no, there only dropped the blue one.

HGH

Banned
Does anyone here kill the monster they want to drop first just to save themselves the disappointment? It beats nuking the whole screen and seeing the wrong egg pop up.

Rixa

Does anyone here kill the monster they want to drop first just to save themselves the disappointment? It beats nuking the whole screen and seeing the wrong egg pop up.

Not really, I get depressed either way^^

Nope and well YomiDra activation means that it targets every mob (Verdandi TPAs).It either drops or usually wont whatever that random mob is.

ZombAid82

Nope and well YomiDra activation means that it targets every mob (Verdandi TPAs).It either drops or usually wont whatever that random mob is.

But why is it, when I have blue and red ones, that the yellow NEVER drops.
Tried it the last two Thursdays, not a single yellow, and I need at least another 100 for my two Verdandi's, because of my skill up luck :-(

Bladelaw

Tried it the last two Thursdays, not a single yellow, and I need at least another 100 for my two Verdandi's, because of my skill up luck :-(

If it's any consolation I need red and yellow (one more skill up for Urd and Verd left) and I only get blues. I'm sitting on 14 blue fruits right now.

Kyuur

It doesn't require any specific setup really:

Floor 1 - Kill all the Dragon Seeds right away, kill the Fruit before it attacks
Floor 2 - If you have bind clear, can afford to let them go on first turn, otherwise kill all before they attack
Floor 3 - Kill the Fruit/Flower before they attack. You can stall infinitely on the Tamadra until your team is not binded (you don't need to match for the timer to decrease)
Floor 4 - Green/yellow fruit is the only thing to be concerned about. If you can't kill it in 2 turns, can use a delay.

Just need sufficient damage. You'll find that as you progress there are more and more 'you need to kill this before it kills you in 1 turn' encounters.

Rixa

Its the same stupid rng we all hate in PAD. When you eventually get unit you need, it wont skill up. I have done about 20 times "Paradise of the Holy Beasts
Kouryu of the Celestial Pole" to get Fagans for Astral Bell Kirin skill ups. Fed them all to her with 2x & 2.5x skill up times. My ABK is still at skill level 1.

Talking about Green Trifruits. I gathered 19 of them during 2 months time, started doing Thursday dungeon just after Trifruits rotated away from Verdandi skillups. Got some of those from Evo PAL. Sometimes I had only Blue Trifruit Thursdays.

ZombAid82

Its the same stupid rng we all hate in PAD. When you eventually get unit you need, it wont skill up. I have done about 20 times "Paradise of the Holy Beasts
Kouryu of the Celestial Pole" to get Fagans for Astral Bell Kirin skill ups. Fed them all to her with 2x & 2.5x skill up times. My ABK is still at skill level 1.

Talking about Green Trifruits. I gathered 19 of them during 2 months time, started doing Thursday dungeon just after Trifruits rotated away from Verdandi skillups. Got some of those from Evo PAL. Sometimes I had only Blue Trifruit Thursdays.

Yeah, had about the same amount, I think it was 14 what I had, and not even one Verdandi is max:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Kyuur

First run of Thursday mythical today: get the fruit I need and a baby Tama, talk about good luck!

Got the awakening off the baby too. The two fire rows will definitely help my Gadius team squeeze through some tougher content where I was just shy of winning!

Jagernaut

It doesn't require any specific setup really:

Floor 1 - Kill all the Dragon Seeds right away, kill the Fruit before it attacks
Floor 2 - If you have bind clear, can afford to let them go on first turn, otherwise kill all before they attack
Floor 3 - Kill the Fruit/Flower before they attack. You can stall infinitely on the Tamadra until your team is not binded (you don't need to match for the timer to decrease)
Floor 4 - Green/yellow fruit is the only thing to be concerned about. If you can't kill it in 2 turns, can use a delay.

Just need sufficient damage. You'll find that as you progress there are more and more 'you need to kill this before it kills you in 1 turn' encounters.

It helps to run a Fire based team for the double damage against Wood. A 9x attack or higher Fire team will tear through this dungeon. I used to use a 6x attack team (Ares/regular Shiva) a long time ago with a spike for the bosses (King Baddie).

Top Bottom