• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I spent every PAL point i had on the enhance carnival. :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Will this PAL just be added to the rotation? I'm actually legit mad that they didn't announce this like a month ago so we could save up for it. We got a god damned week...

Aesnath

I mean, it just sounds like all upside. Who cares what comes out of it as long as everything is +9--33 rolls is +297. Also, blue Kali seems pretty sweet. She is actually not particularly gimped compared to REM Kali.

LiQuid!

33 rolls for a +297 is insane. Anybody who been saving PP going to be rolling in it next week. Potentially getting a REM caliber Kali pull out of it is just an added bonus. I'm so jealous of people with saved up points.

divusrex

33 rolls for a +297 is insane. Anybody who been saving PP going to be rolling in it next week. Potentially getting a REM caliber Kali pull out of it is just an added bonus. I'm so jealous of people with saved up points.

There are people who have saved up 100+ rolls for this specific event. Keep in mind that Blue Kali and Red Sakuya will have really low rates. They are 7*, so you need some serious luck on your side to get either one (or both). I'm sure there are videos of JP players using 100+ rolls just to land one Blue Kali...

Bladelaw

There are people who have saved up 100+ rolls for this specific event. Keep in mind that Blue Kali and Red Sakuya will have really low rates. They are 7*, so you need some serious luck on your side to get either one (or both). I'm sure there are videos of JP players using 100+ rolls just to land one Blue Kali...

there's one that used 324 rolls, got 1 Bkali. I'll see if I can dig it up, my JP google fu is crap though

yOhE9qF.jpg

lmao

I have some pal points as quest rewards too

god bless america.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Gungo.... I emptied my full stack of pal points this morning for some wood jewels.

Now I get this + egg pal machine nonsense. Couldn't you have sent me an ingame message saying Hey we got you, just hold on for a few hours.

W-00

I spent every PAL point i had on the enhance carnival. :(

I feel your pain. I spent most of my points on the enhance carnival, and the remainder on the evo carnival out of frustration because I couldn't get a bloody dub-sapphlit to drop from the Friday dungeon to evo my new DQXQ, who I am for some reason really anxious to awaken even though I don't have an immediate use for them.

Well, at least I have a good number of pal point rewards saved up.

ccbfan

Damn used all my points on enhance last night but I have 16 mail pal point rewards and all the quest pal point rewards. Plus you net like 3 rolls a day so that's like another 27 rolls.

coy

I just read the news wow. Went to see how many Pal Points mail I had in the mailbox and it is at 31 with my oldest from 287 days ago. I'm about to go buckwild on this machine.

W-00

I've needed several for 3 weeks now :(

Sometimes it's the easy/farmable stuff that's the most annoying

Yup. Once you have a team that can beat them, the highest-tier farmables are a lot less annoying than the mid-tier. Only two or three options vs six.

Also, I just went through my mail and quest rewards, and my main has way fewer pal points saved than I thought I did. I thought I'd been hoarding them for months, but I only have five pal point mails and one pal point reward left. That... that's not pleasant. My alt is in slightly better condition, since it hasn't raided the quest rewards, yet.

At least the machine will come around again, eventually.

Quick question, just started, is there a tier list in this game for cards?

And how good are the FF ones?

Padherder has a reroll tier list here, but I think it's fairly out of date (I started with Isis, and while she is very good, I don't think she deserves to be top of the list, plus it doesn't include Liu Bei, who is one of the most desired cards in the game). More recent tier lists are available here and here.

LiQuid!

I dropped somewhere around 300 stamina on Friday dungeon trying to get blue and rainbow dubs and got 1 of each. Awful. That was totally not fun at all.

What was fun was the descend challenges! I just did the Hephaestus one with ADQXQ and wow that team is both powerful and a lot of fun. I really like that play style where it's basically a mix of row and rainbow. Inexplicably, even with only 3 or 4 fingers on the team I was comfortable making matches with it too. These fixed team challenges have really illustrated how many different ways there are to have fun with all the viable leaders there are in the game. I just wish I had access to an assortment of hypermaxed teams without having to spend years making them...

Tsubaki challenge was the hardest for me by far. I beat it on the 2nd try but it felt like mega struggle the whole time. I never got comfortable matching that board.

Only one I have left to try is Hel which seems really silly. Is it going to be wholly reliant on actives and dungeon abilities to spawn poison orbs? We'll see how it goes.
Padherder has a reroll tier list here, but I think it's fairly out of date (I started with Isis, and while she is very good, I don't think she deserves to be top of the list, plus it doesn't include Liu Bei, who is one of the most desired cards in the game). More recent tier lists are available here and here.

This is hilarious reading this now armed with a few months of Game Knowledge. I remember reading reroll lists like this back when I made my alt a couple months ago (which was only a month after I'd started actually playing this game in earnest) and they seemed kind of bad an out of date even then. So much dated info out there on this game, like the leader guides on Reddit. The amount of work that goes into keeping guides current for this games means the meta and power creep seems to be outpacing them. I wonder what would be considered a top tier leader for a new account in this day and age because most of the top tier leads (in that JP tier list for instance) don't start out powerful, or they require specific sub comps to harness their power.

b33r

Hel is hard due to rng, you need to get used to cycling the z8s and Hels, and realizing that Haku and Hel is a burst. She has great rcv so you can stall on the right floors if you have to. Mainly a row of poisons, at least 3 hearts, and as many dark prongs you can fit.

Acala was hardest for me because I'm not used to making multiple crosses. Hel I think is easier once you learn the team.

Rerolls guides are even harder to maintain with the constant changes because few people are playing the early game again with alts every couple of months. Theory-PAD can work to a certain extent but even keeping track of all the minor buffs to early evo stages is a chore that not many people want to bother with.

Endgame tier lists aren't really all that helpful to new players since it'll take a while before making those teams is even an option (unless you whale really, really hard, I guess)

JP reset marathon guides have remained pretty static for the past few months. Now that the game tries to give you players that run the same leader as you for random explorers it should theoretically be possible to not get stranded without a compatible friend leader in the early game.
https://game8.jp/archives/19241

LiQuid!

Beat Hel on the 2nd try. First attempt was a god damned fiasco. I didn't RNG a burst board on the first or 2nd turn so the monsters started binding the shit out of all my cards and it quickly snowballed into an unwinnable situation.

2nd attempt I RNG'd a burst board and one shot the first floor. The rest of the dungeon was a lot of fun and there wasn't a lot of struggle. Normally when I play with my regular teams actives are a sacred thing I only use in emergencies and with that premade Hel team you're basically popping actives nonstop. Gonna miss those fixed team challenges. Really wish they had Pii rewards rather than stupid tans tho...

Quantum

And there it is. I'm impressed that they didn't troll us with the +3 version that jp got first. Nice of them to do the +9 right out of the gate.

Finally get to clear out all of these mails. 31 pal point messages saved up.

I have a bunch of pal points saved up - nowhere near 31 messages, but still I am happy for the pem machine.

I know I remain in the minority but I still feel like - fuck gungho - we are always considered second class citizens.

with the recent dump in yen / I'm guessing / due to us electing a reality show president / destroying hopes that a negative interest rate makes sense

- I hate the fact that I'm not only waiting months for buffs and mobs to cross to my server - I'm also paying 15-20% more for the privliage.

LiQuid!

Maxed out my Zidane finally and my Saria, so I'm done with the current crop of dungeon rotations. Think I might try for the FF stones it's just too bad I won't be able to co-op them.

Looking at my current teams' skill up needs I'm noticing that a lot of older cards have ridiculous skill up requirements. Looking at skill up monsters for shit like Belial and Amon and I'm like, these are never getting max skilled, ever. No REM monster should ever require more than 5-6 skill ups. What's with these old cards and their max level being like 11-15 and shit, and only from monsters that you need to evolve in order to feed, AND only from dungeons that come around once a year. Ugh.

The entire skill up monster system is trash. It has added so much chaff to this game in the form of otherwise useless monsters too.

Maxed out my Zidane finally and my Saria, so I'm done with the current crop of dungeon rotations. Think I might try for the FF stones it's just too bad I won't be able to co-op them.

Looking at my current teams' skill up needs I'm noticing that a lot of older cards have ridiculous skill up requirements. Looking at skill up monsters for shit like Belial and Amon and I'm like, these are never getting max skilled, ever. No REM monster should ever require more than 5-6 skill ups. What's with these old cards and their max level being like 11-15 and shit, and only from monsters that you need to evolve in order to feed, AND only from dungeons that come around once a year. Ugh.

The entire skill up monster system is trash. It has added so much chaff to this game in the form of otherwise useless monsters too.

My alt needs to clear them for the stones if you need a partner. I've got a pretty well rounded box so I might be able to run something compatible. The new skill up system is going to be a life saver for those type of skill ups.

I've skilled up 3 Saria's on my alt and my unicorn rider. My co-op Myr team is nearly complete. It might be A3 capable if my skills are up for it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been reading through the guides, but I can't quite find which cards are useful for the reroll. I've been primarily pulling from the FF Deck(I'm an FF fan, so I would like those)

So far I have

Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

FF
Zidiane
Penolo
WoL
Ace

Any good? Haku seems to be on one of the list someone linked and I only see Seph for the FF bunch.

Also a side question, when will I be able to start doing the Expert levels? My Hp is around 10k, but I can't seem to do enough damage.

Also, Skills are confusing the hell out of me.

LiQuid!

If you just started, pulling from the FF collab is a pretty awful idea. There are some powerful leaders in there (you haven't gotten any of them) but generally speaking collabs should only be for veteran players that already have deep boxes of the pantheon gods and God Fest exclusive cards.

When you're just starting out from scratch what you want to do is wait until a God Fest (they come around at the middle and end of each month typically) and then delete your account to "reroll" your very first free pull on the egg machine. Do that over and over again until you get a top tier leader. THEN start saving up your stones and ONLY pull on God Fests. Only, only ONLY, pull on God Fests. This is the #1 golden rule that every PAD player will tell you. All of the pulling you've done on FF so far has been basically a waste of your free stones because none of those cards are going to bolster an early-mid game team.

If you absolutely have to have FF cards then by all means go ahead and pull them, but they aren't helping you at all. At the very least you're going to want to at least reroll your account until you get a good one of those. The ones you have gotten are pretty bad. You're going to want to reroll until you get a powerful leader like Noctis, Yuna, Tifa, etc.

Again, I don't think I can reiterate enough tho, that pulling FF, or any collab when you start is bad.

hermit7

Flushed 60 stones down the drain chasing lightning

Skill ups are shit for these cards.

I skilled Noctis and Cecil but some other skill cards aren't even dropping. I have gotten like 3:1 of zidane compared to lightning and got 100 percent of skills (literally!!) compared with like 15 for lightning.

Seems lke typical pad rng I guess but it is still annoying.

W-00

Finally finished skilling up my alt's Saria (and a bunny dragon for my main). Guess I can move on to working on my main's Sarasvati. Or I can keep pounding my head against the insufferably random Deus Ex challenge.

Finally finished skilling up my alt's Saria (and a bunny dragon for my main). Guess I can move on to working on my main's Sarasvati. Or I can keep pounding my head against the insufferably random Deus Ex challenge.

weirdly enough, I decided out of the blue to max evo my sarasvati a few days ago and then tonight noticed in a panic that water insect dragon was the skillup dungeon

but thanks to some very generous and patient people on discord I got all 10 levels skilled; I hope she's as good a sub as she is a leader because I have a pretty cute water box if so

LiQuid!

Moblin please remove your budget Vishnu from my presence. It offends me.

Also a side question, when will I be able to start doing the Expert levels? My Hp is around 10k, but I can't seem to do enough damage.
Are you pairing up with another Byakko friend/stranger when you play the Expert levels? 12.25x should be enough damage for that difficulty. If you're still having trouble, you could always try finding somebody to carry you a bit in co-op.

Also, Skills are confusing the hell out of me.
Basically, it takes a certain number of turns to charge up your character's active skills. Getting skill ups can lower the number of turns needed to fully charge the skill. This can be done by feeding something with the exact same skill to your character. There's only a small chance of success (~10%?) but often times there will be bonus skill up rates. 2.5x or 3x rates are pretty common and every now and then we get 4x skill up rates (like this event). For most things, there are skill up fodder monsters you can farm to use for skill ups so you don't have to feed away rare monsters to get skill ups. There are also guaranteed skill up monsters you can use to bypass the RNG but those are typically harder to get as a new player.

W-00

Oh, finally got through Deus Ex! Easily the most annoying of the challenges, since it was all RNG. I think Seraphis/Acala was actually the easiest of them (it's the only one I got through on my first try). Would love to have Acala to play with, but I'm not making special rolls for her.

Seeing as there isn't much of the year left, seems pretty likely that the next Godfest should be the PCGF. How far in advance are those normally announced?

Moblin please remove your budget Vishnu from my presence. It offends me.

idk why my vish is up, I just made a team with him to mess around with but haven't used it in several days

maybe it's because he's in position 1??? I wish you could easily switch team positions in your thing

also I don't know how to trigger which one stays public, because almost all the friend requests I get are ronove which suggests he's the one people are seeing most of the time.

Bladelaw

idk why my vish is up, I just made a team with him to mess around with but haven't used it in several days

maybe it's because he's in position 1??? I wish you could easily switch team positions in your thing

also I don't know how to trigger which one stays public, because almost all the friend requests I get are ronove which suggests he's the one people are seeing most of the time.
Team 1 is up for everyone
Team 2 is always up for BF's
Team 3 is the team you last used.

I'm so glad it's tama day. I need all the tamas both accounts are prepped for a rank up during the tama fun.

EDIT: just checked, my main account can make use of 87 more awakenings. My alt needs 108 lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
One more pull - Lightning, guess the boosted rate works,

Any Lightning players here ? What subs du you use ?

Top Bottom