• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The HP/ATK/RCV of the +eggs on my team...

cfmqbA3.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

No luck this Collab ? First time i pulled on FF i think - 4 pulls, all Gold (Cloud, Yuna,Yshtola and now Lightning).

Dont know if i got lucky or the Banner just is this good.
Any chance you'll inherit her on to Ra Dragon? I came up empty hunting for her.

I dont have Ra Dragon...though i might reevaluate my team options now that i have Lightning and Ragnarok Dragon.

No luck this Collab ? First time i pulled on FF i think - 4 pulls, all Gold (Cloud, Yuna,Yshtola and now Lightning).

Dont know if i got lucky or the Banner just is this good.
Yeah, I'm going to guess three 6*s in the span of four rolls isn't the typical experience XD

I want a Cecil for my Myr team but I don't want to burn my stones before the Heroine REM arrives.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Went and chased the lightning; out of 60 stones the only 6* I got was a dupe Yuna.

Ah that sucks to hear - i didnt need any of the FF units but just wanted to pull some non dupes, which would be welcoming after the last regular Godfestst.

You need Lightning for a specific team or just fan of her from FF!3 ?
Yeah, I'm going to guess three 6*s in the span of four rolls isn't the typical experience XD

I want a Cecil for my Myr team but I don't want to burn my stones before the Heroine REM arrives.

lol...okay im stupid didnt even realize they were 6* except of Lightning. Weird pulling 6* GFE during Godfest is nearly impossible and on this Collab i had so much luck. Also all my 6* were Light units lol.

Ah that sucks to hear - i didnt need any of the FF units but just wanted to pull some non dupes, which would be welcoming after the last regular Godfestst.

You need Lightning for a specific team or just fan of her from FF!3 ?

lol...okay im stupid didnt even realize they were 6* except of Lightning. Weird pulling 6* GFE during Godfest is nearly impossible and on this Collab i had so much luck. Also all my 6* were Light units lol.

With her God type buff she'd be perfect on my RaDra team as a Re:Ra replacement and a full board converter. I only have DKali on the team right now for orb change so my Arena 2 runs get super hairy.

Bladelaw

I'm really hoping I get some Ra Dragon Friends who decide to inherit her. I have a ton of options for board changes (Dkali x2, Rag Drag x2, Ichigo) but the combo of board change and true damage is just so good. It's two guaranteed floor clears in Arena 2/3. Without Kanna I can't spike hard enough to just burst the predras so I'm stuck either inheriting A. Ra or relying on a friend to provide the nuke.

hermit7

I'm really hoping I get some Ra Dragon Friends who decide to inherit her. I have a ton of options for board changes (Dkali x2, Rag Drag x2, Ichigo) but the combo of board change and true damage is just so good. It's two guaranteed floor clears in Arena 2/3. Without Kanna I can't spike hard enough to just burst the predras so I'm stuck either inheriting A. Ra or relying on a friend to provide the nuke.

I got lightning and am working on getting her skilled! Plan to throw her on radra probably. I was going to use ichigo but won't now, as she seems a little better for certain things.

divusrex

I got Lightning on my 6th roll. Gonna save the rest of my stones for PCGF (if it ever comes). I'm debating about Ra dragon, I have the perfect template to make one. The dilemma I'm facing right now is buying another decent MP lead or saving the MP to future-proof myself for the next meta shift.

Bladelaw

grats to all. Let me know what you'd like inherited on Ra Dragon. Ichigo, Damage enhance, (more) true damage. Odds are good I have something.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Was feeling lucky today, decided to throw one pull at FF collab.

God damn it jody, are you going to pull this fucking shit every collab? I'm starting to think we might have a Gung Ho shill in our midst people...

fek

For JP version is Bipolar 3 the only chance I can get Hera Dragon, her specific dungeon is a Radar dungeon correct?
There is a guerilla dungeon now too. Still pretty new so not sure how often it shows up but tomorrow there's Gaia Dragon and I have seen Zeus Dragon up before too.

Bladelaw

Here are very fast Meri arena clears, 2nd link with Sopdet and Parvati.

https://youtu.be/l81saoy7v5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml79_Nzs3jc

And here is new Shiva Dragon making arena look easy as well.

https://youtu.be/PumrpqBWlL0

Shiva Dragon clearing it in 7 minutes is impressive, but that first Meri video wow lol.
Still not sure how that team deals with DQ Hera. Shield inherit somewhere? I could basically build that team on NA if I had Meri. Oh well at least my JP acct has her. I finally hypered her today.

I know she wasn't the best revo but combo leads are still my favorite so I'm thinking of hypermaxing my Revo bastet team.

Link

That sweet sweet damage and movement time. Awoken Kushi is making me a much better combo player.

yami4ct

My Noctis team is almost all done so I've been playing with him in easier dungeons. Even pre-buff, he's quite good. Getting max combo isn't that hard on either a Haku board or pretty much any board if you use a Noctis and getting 4-5 is pretty simple in general. Burst wise, I haven't seen any bursts as high as my crazy lucky Panda skyfall boards, but that's mostly because getting extra combos via skyfall is quite rare. His average burst, though, are really, really good. On any decent board, I can get this team to do as much damage as the average akechi+zuoh board and he can do it on far fewer actives. The extra HP and RCV are all real nice as well.

This is all pre-patch too. Post patch he should be super fun to run with. I don't think he;s as good as a heart cross lead (who are seriously close to completely broken), but his sub pool flexibility and play style are really fun.

b33r

Still not sure how that team deals with DQ Hera. Shield inherit somewhere? I could basically build that team on NA if I had Meri. Oh well at least my JP acct has her. I finally hypered her today.

Neither video used a shield, so it's probably game over if you get her.

Edit: I also have read that pairing her with the new Neptune Dragon is very strong and can do arena 2.

Bladelaw

Neither video used a shield, so it's probably game over if you get her.

Edit: I also have read that pairing her with the new Neptune Dragon is very strong and can do arena 2.

Well with the 300k MP gift I imagine he'll become quite popular.

For my Revo Bastet team what would be a better bind clear inherit for Parvati(5 turns) Red Riding hood(Change Water orbs to Heart orbs. Bind recovery for 3 turns. 6 Turns) or Awoken isis(15% damage reduction for 1 turn. Bind recovery for 2 turns. 3 Turns)?

Bladelaw

Ugh just lost my post. Oh well.

shorter version: still building my Meri team, making good progress but lack of skill ups are killing me.

I'm building a Sephiroth team for no RCV dungeons, Seph, Horace, Ichigo, Durga, Awoken Isis/Okuni/Yomi depending on utility required.

I tested it out in endless no RCV and activation is trivial. It deals a ton of damage and Durga's spike ensures the target is boned. Not sure if I should inherit Horace on something else but he covers colors, has solid awakenings, and an almost perfect active to contribute to the team.

now that sarasvati is max skilled I made a super ghetto team with mostly as-of-yet untouched water subs like skuld/blonia/ryune and hermes I think and WOW the damage, especially with a row or TPA.

If only there was some HP/RCV on that team...

W-00

The second team at least is fully loaded with dark resists. I've never faced her, but if the info I'm reading is accurate and her preempt is a straight 38910, then subtracting 30% would reduce it to 27232, which that team could survive from max HP.

J0dy77

God damn it jody, are you going to pull this fucking shit every collab? I'm starting to think we might have a Gung Ho shill in our midst people...

Well Caspel posts on GAF so we definitely do :^)

Yeah I have no idea what the heck is going on with collabs for me. 1500 days and your bound to get lucky I guess. Also, my desire sensor was completely off for both of these. I still have never even used Halloween XM and not sure when I'll use lightning but I'll take the trophies.

RNG will definitely give you some hot and cold streaks.

nearing 50 PEM rolls with 4 days left :/

I hope I don't bump up against the max

would love an Art Contest Kali for the sake of completion/a cute box but I can live with the overflowing +eggs.

hermit7

now that sarasvati is max skilled I made a super ghetto team with mostly as-of-yet untouched water subs like skuld/blonia/ryune and hermes I think and WOW the damage, especially with a row or TPA.

If only there was some HP/RCV on that team...

Plusses and the 15% hp badge do wonders. I think I have around 35k hp with my team.

Not double or anything but can take most preemptives.

Bladelaw

The freebie Bleach roll was kind in JP. Toshiro will go well with Meri. I think I have a coop farm team now, just need skill ups and a Tengu.

LiQuid!

BCD doesn't even give Anaphon skill ups. Why does this dungeon exists?

yami4ct

Got Grimjow from the free pull. People seem to like him, but I have no clue how he's used. The closest thing I could gather is he's used for +egg farming in the + guerrilla dungeons?I guess I'm happy with that pull.

J0dy77

Discussion topics:

Started checking for some lightning videos last night and wasn't overly impressed, am I missing something? The buffs don't seem to help her survivability at all, why were people trying so hard for her?

Who do you prefer between kaede and Myr? Went back to my kaede project today and made some minor tweaks that really made the team stronger. Dropped a bunch of plusses on the team and inherits. Might switch to her as my main over Myr because of the ability to control damage. Sopdet and illsix type fights are a nightmare for Myr, but much more controllable for kaede. Seems like the biggest issue for kaede will be bind control and color weakness. Thoughts?

So Noctis is pretty fun to play. Shame this ranking dungeon will probably make me hate him by the time I hit top 1% (or 2%, we're getting that extra range in NA, right?)

Discussion topics:

Started checking for some lightning videos last night and wasn't overly impressed, am I missing something? The buffs don't seem to help her survivability at all, why were people trying so hard for her?

Who do you prefer between kaede and Myr? Went back to my kaede project today and made some minor tweaks that really made the team stronger. Dropped a bunch of plusses on the team and inherits. Might switch to her as my main over Myr because of the ability to control damage. Sopdet and illsix type fights are a nightmare for Myr, but much more controllable for kaede. Seems like the biggest issue for kaede will be bind control and color weakness. Thoughts?

I rolled hard for Lightning just to get inherits. I want her for Ronove, and then later for Ra Dragon.

Kaede system > Myr > Kaede w/o system. For easier content, I don't think it really matters. Both can obliterate anything short of the Arenas with minimal prep. For Arenas though, the Kaede system really shines. With a dungeon that long, it's really easy to run low on hearts. The system is the key to mitigating that. The better damage control is a nice bonus as well, since bad damage control is harder to mitigate than bad bind control.

I think the real difference comes down to sub pool. Kaede pushes the team towards TPAs, but other than more Kaedes, there aren't that many great green TPA cards that also pack heart making abilities. Myr on the other hand has a bunch of subs that can make light orbs and hearts and is perfectly fine with them being row-focused.

Aesnath

Well, I tried the ranking dungeon, my first ever...and it did not go great. I was never really close to death, but I apparently move much too slowly to do well--I was at like -300 seconds at finish. Not what I'd call a strong finish.

Re: Cecil

On the Gremory team, he has been everything I dreamed. While he doesn't help the row plan for bosses, getting together a two-prong with him on non-active skill turns has made a noticeable difference. Moreover, I've not found a time when his active skill has been unhelpful. I'm still unsure about the latents. While more HP would be nice for the team, I'm not actually sure it is necessary and he seems like a poor HP latent target.

However, my ideas of running him as a lead seem less realistic. On the one hand, he has crazy RCV and does OK damage with partial LS activation and a prong. On the other hand, he is really orb hungry and getting enough orbs together for three dark combos often runs the risk of just having a big purple blob. Additionally, HP is a concern. Honestly, if I'm going to be running something with these problems, Tsubaki may actually be better. Another issue is that he isn't too common a lead.

J0dy77

So Noctis is pretty fun to play. Shame this ranking dungeon will probably make me hate him by the time I hit top 1% (or 2%, we're getting that extra range in NA, right?)

I rolled hard for Lightning just to get inherits. I want her for Ronove, and then later for Ra Dragon.

Kaede system > Myr > Kaede w/o system. For easier content, I don't think it really matters. Both can obliterate anything short of the Arenas with minimal prep. For Arenas though, the Kaede system really shines. With a dungeon that long, it's really easy to run low on hearts. The system is the key to mitigating that. The better damage control is a nice bonus as well, since bad damage control is harder to mitigate than bad bind control.

I think the real difference comes down to sub pool. Kaede pushes the team towards TPAs, but other than more Kaedes, there aren't that many great green TPA cards that also pack heart making abilities. Myr on the other hand has a bunch of subs that can make light orbs and hearts and is perfectly fine with them being row-focused.

Agreed, good points. This is the team I settled on since I don't have a second kaede or Perseus to use but really like the amount of prongs on this team. The damage is off the charts with minimal effort. I'm inheriting thumbelina on Athena to help with hearts. Having 5 heart makers with two full board change send like plenty. Id replace Vishnu with another kaede if I ever get one.

7d7xu0u.jpg

Bladelaw

Discussion topics:

RE: Lightning, she's a perfect inherit for Ra Dragon as a two floor arena 2/3 solution. As a lead she's underwhelming, but she's also an on type dkali board for Ra Dragon as a sub. She also provides 3 skill boosts which is great for button teams while also having a laser. She's a lot of utility for very specific teams in one package. It's why I want her anyway.

Kaede vs Myr depends on the dungeon. Myr is constant damage that's predictable and usually manageable (except Sopdet/Parvati skyfall troll). Kaede is the better choice when you need to really punch through high defense, avoid light based dungeon mechanics, need finer damage control, or you have the system and can just win the game. I prefer Myr more due to my box, unbindable leads, and the extra 4 seconds of move time.

Well, I tried the ranking dungeon, my first ever...and it did not go great. I was never really close to death, but I apparently move much too slowly to do well--I was at like -300 seconds at finish. Not what I'd call a strong finish.

Re: Cecil

On the Gremory team, he has been everything I dreamed. While he doesn't help the row plan for bosses, getting together a two-prong with him on non-active skill turns has made a noticeable difference. Moreover, I've not found a time when his active skill has been unhelpful. I'm still unsure about the latents. While more HP would be nice for the team, I'm not actually sure it is necessary and he seems like a poor HP latent target.

However, my ideas of running him as a lead seem less realistic. On the one hand, he has crazy RCV and does OK damage with partial LS activation and a prong. On the other hand, he is really orb hungry and getting enough orbs together for three dark combos often runs the risk of just having a big purple blob. Additionally, HP is a concern. Honestly, if I'm going to be running something with these problems, Tsubaki may actually be better. Another issue is that he isn't too common a lead.

So I run a Hypered Cecil lead in my BF slot since he's probably my favorite FF character. Also the REM decided I needed 3 of him so I guess there's that. You're right in that he has a serious HP problem keeping him from Krishna levels of greatness but you can manage the orb hunger with Eschamali, Z8, or Awoken Persephone. Don't forget he has a passive damage boost that works pretty well with a single prong for wiping trash floors. Most non boss floors can be wiped with 2 dark combos, saving the real burst for the boss. I'm planning on taking him through the Gaia Dragon OSC to see if it can be done.

For team building obviously prongers are recommended, I'd say any of the following are solid choices:
Sephiroth (killers, double haste, 2 prongs means absolute destruction if there's no sopdet)

Durga, 2 prongs, 2 SBR let you run subs like Lumiel plus a spike you can easily recover from

Awoken Okuni, I like him over D/B for the double SBR, the extra turn of delay, and damage. I'd almost rather he have D/B''s awakenings though

Lumiel, either as a board change option (terrible) or an inherited bind clear (I use Shadow Dragon Knight) with 3 prongs.

Awoken Persephone, skyfall is huge for this team, two prongs and orb enhance help damage too

Eschamali, as above but better unless the orb enhances screw you on damage thresholds

Cecil, unnecessary third board change but solid awakenings, good stats, and a useful (if redundant) active

Satsuki, 3 prongs, tons of HP, low cooldown haste that doesn't wipe hearts, fixes lumiel's board or Haku's, REALLY WANT AN ULT.

Awoken Haku, great active that rarely needs fixing (can usually nab 8-12 orbs, more if satsuki's available), prongs, and OE. Low HP is the only problem I have with her.

Yomi Dragon, guaranteed prong off the active, can usually clear binds with it too, great all around utility, low damage due to lack of prongs but HP, TE, and bind management make up for a lot.

I run the Maniac HP badge and just break 30k HP with my team without latents. With the Cecil's Dark Resist Awakenings I can eat DQ hera's attack in Extreme Endless at full HP. Damage is never an issue. If I need a shield I'd probably bring Diza, or inherit Indra on Okuni/Durga/Yomi Dragon

Aesnath

RE: Lightning, she's a perfect inherit for Ra Dragon as a two floor arena 2/3 solution. As a lead she's underwhelming, but she's also an on type dkali board for Ra Dragon as a sub. She also provides 3 skill boosts which is great for button teams while also having a laser. She's a lot of utility for very specific teams in one package. It's why I want her anyway.

Kaede vs Myr depends on the dungeon. Myr is constant damage that's predictable and usually manageable (except Sopdet/Parvati skyfall troll). Kaede is the better choice when you need to really punch through high defense, avoid light based dungeon mechanics, need finer damage control, or you have the system and can just win the game. I prefer Myr more due to my box, unbindable leads, and the extra 4 seconds of move time.

So I run a Hypered Cecil lead in my BF slot since he's probably my favorite FF character. Also the REM decided I needed 3 of him so I guess there's that. You're right in that he has a serious HP problem keeping him from Krishna levels of greatness but you can manage the orb hunger with Eschamali, Z8, or Awoken Persephone. Don't forget he has a passive damage boost that works pretty well with a single prong for wiping trash floors. Most non boss floors can be wiped with 2 dark combos, saving the real burst for the boss. I'm planning on taking him through the Gaia Dragon OSC to see if it can be done.

For team building obviously prongers are recommended, I'd say any of the following are solid choices:
Sephiroth (killers, double haste, 2 prongs means absolute destruction if there's no sopdet)

Durga, 2 prongs, 2 SBR let you run subs like Lumiel plus a spike you can easily recover from

Awoken Okuni, I like him over D/B for the double SBR, the extra turn of delay, and damage. I'd almost rather he have D/B''s awakenings though

Lumiel, either as a board change option (terrible) or an inherited bind clear (I use Shadow Dragon Knight) with 3 prongs.

Awoken Persephone, skyfall is huge for this team, two prongs and orb enhance help damage too

Eschamali, as above but better unless the orb enhances screw you on damage thresholds

Cecil, unnecessary third board change but solid awakenings, good stats, and a useful (if redundant) active

Satsuki, 3 prongs, tons of HP, low cooldown haste that doesn't wipe hearts, fixes lumiel's board or Haku's, REALLY WANT AN ULT.

Awoken Haku, great active that rarely needs fixing (can usually nab 8-12 orbs, more if satsuki's available), prongs, and OE. Low HP is the only problem I have with her.

Yomi Dragon, guaranteed prong off the active, can usually clear binds with it too, great all around utility, low damage due to lack of prongs but HP, TE, and bind management make up for a lot.

I run the Maniac HP badge and just break 30k HP with my team without latents. With the Cecil's Dark Resist Awakenings I can eat DQ hera's attack in Extreme Endless at full HP. Damage is never an issue. If I need a shield I'd probably bring Diza, or inherit Indra on Okuni/Durga/Yomi Dragon

I was optimistic because I have some reasonable subs (Awoken Persephone, Satsuki) to start with, but I just wish he had more HP. I'm still pretty early in the game, so I don't even have the initial +HP badge, to say nothing of the maniac one. I'm probably not giving up on him as a lead quite yet, but I have to admit, I was hoping for a bit more.

Outside of Persephone and Satsuki, other possible options for his team (that I have): Hanzo (fast orb maker, poor HP), D/D Akechi (rows aren't that helpful here), H. Vampire (seems solid, haven't tried it yet), Gremory (Good stats, relatively fast orbs and hearts, more of a row critter though), Zuoh (another board change, good HP), Goetia (Poor stats, cool active, EO awakenings). What would you try?

Also, got a friend slot available? 335,413,460

Bladelaw

Tried my hand at the FF Ranking dungeon just to get a feel for it. It's nice that it's only 25 stam to run. Also no Gilgamesh so it's been my most reliable drop of Sephiroth's skill up lol too bad 4x is over.

I got 22% first go clearing every floor in one shot. You can pretty much cherry tap the first 3 floors because killers, but floor 4/5/6 you actually need to hit hard. Floor 4 has lots of HP, Floor 5 has a 50% shield, and floor 6 has a combo shield you need 6 combos to break.

My plan:
FL1,2,3: 3 combo, with 1 being dark prong
FL4: 4 Combo with dark/light prongs
FL5: pop Seph and Noct then combo hard, hope for full multiplier to kill, use lightning first if the board is garbage.
FL6: pop Cecil + Noct to fix if necessary then combo out.

The team has oodles of move time so it's all about making fast matches.

EDIT:
I was optimistic because I have some reasonable subs (Awoken Persephone, Satsuki) to start with, but I just wish he had more HP. I'm still pretty early in the game, so I don't even have the initial +HP badge, to say nothing of the maniac one. I'm probably not giving up on him as a lead quite yet, but I have to admit, I was hoping for a bit more.

Outside of Persephone and Satsuki, other possible options for his team (that I have): Hanzo (fast orb maker, poor HP), D/D Akechi (rows aren't that helpful here), H. Vampire (seems solid, haven't tried it yet), Gremory (Good stats, relatively fast orbs and hearts, more of a row critter though), Zuoh (another board change, good HP), Goetia (Poor stats, cool active, EO awakenings). What would you try?

Also, got a friend slot available? 335,413,460

I'd run Awoken Persephone, Satsuki, Gremory, Zuoh.

Zuoh's HP is going to be really important until you unlock the badges. It might be worth having Hanzo over H Vamp till you pull Haku if you're using Zuoh. I'd try a couple different configurations though. Gremory is a strong choice and can fix a bad cecil/Zuoh board without overkill (too many darks to make matches) like H Vamp might.

Persephone fixes the orb hunger on a junk board (don't combo with Cecil), Satsuki provides all the damage you'll need, Gremory combos with Zuoh to give you at least 2 dark combos and a heal.

That said Gremory is a stronger leader, full stop. If you care about running the stronger team focus on her instead. If you want to run a fun dark TPA team Cecil's got your back.

Here's my ID: 359,468,351
let me know if I need to free up a slot. I can only check my phone periodically at work.

J0dy77

I didn't realize her active was true damage which is huge. Just assumed it was the normal nonsense at damage gungho puts on everything. I can slot her into my sherias roots team and not need an alternate active to deal with mythical plus farming.

I was on the fence about buying Ra dragon after all this time but think I'll take the plunge now that they're giving us that free 300k Mp at some point.

LiQuid!

23.1% on the FF ranking dungeon. Good enough to finish the quest so I'm fine with it. Seems like the biggest hurdle in that dungeon is RNG on skyfalling good boards.

Tried my hand at the FF Ranking dungeon just to get a feel for it. It's nice that it's only 25 stam to run. Also no Gilgamesh so it's been my most reliable drop of Sephiroth's skill up lol too bad 4x is over.

I got 22% first go clearing every floor in one shot. You can pretty much cherry tap the first 3 floors because killers, but floor 4/5/6 you actually need to hit hard. Floor 4 has lots of HP, Floor 5 has a 50% shield, and floor 6 has a combo shield you need 6 combos to break.

My plan:
FL1,2,3: 3 combo, with 1 being dark prong
FL4: 4 Combo with dark/light prongs
FL5: pop Seph and Noct then combo hard, hope for full multiplier to kill, use lightning first if the board is garbage.
FL6: pop Cecil + Noct to fix if necessary then combo out.

The team has oodles of move time so it's all about making fast matches.
You can clear 1F with a 4 combo light prong and 2F with a 5 combo light prong if possible because of how important dark prongs are to one-shotting the later half of the dungeon.

I think there's a chance you don't clear 4F with just a 4 combo depending on what else is on the board. You're guaranteed to kill with a dark prong and a 5 combo though.

The minimum requirement to clear 5F is a light+dark prong and a 6 combo. Usually you pop Noctis on this floor so the most common clear involves two prongs (either DD or DL) and 5 combos.

Last floor is typically where you try to hit max damage. Remember that Noctis' active does not contribute to average combo, so if you can get away with clearing 5F without having to pop, do it.

Bladelaw

You can clear 1F with a 4 combo light prong and 2F with a 5 combo light prong if possible because of how important dark prongs are to one-shotting the later half of the dungeon.

I think there's a chance you don't clear 4F with just a 4 combo depending on what else is on the board. You're guaranteed to kill with a dark prong and a 5 combo though.

The minimum requirement to clear 5F is a light+dark prong and a 6 combo. Usually you pop Noctis on this floor so the most common clear involves two prongs (either DD or DL) and 5 combos.

Last floor is typically where you try to hit max damage. Remember that Noctis' active does not contribute to average combo, so if you can get away with clearing 5F without having to pop, do it.

I'm not sure what's more important, hitting the max damage or hitting the time. I don't know that I can reliably clear FL5 without Seph but I guess reliably isn't important criteria when you just need to do well once. Thanks for the advice, I'm so used to just comboing (especially to keep the dark orbs coming) that I didn't think light prongs would be enough. There's a ton of board luck at play, but I guess it wouldn't be a ranking dungeon without it.

Top Bottom