• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I'm not sure what's more important, hitting the max damage or hitting the time. I don't know that I can reliably clear FL5 without Seph but I guess reliably isn't important criteria when you just need to do well once. Thanks for the advice, I'm so used to just comboing (especially to keep the dark orbs coming) that I didn't think light prongs would be enough. There's a ton of board luck at play, but I guess it wouldn't be a ranking dungeon without it.
Time is the most important in this ranking dungeon by far, but if you're shooting for a crown score the extra points from max will be the deciding factor (it's 40mil damage if you weren't already aware).

Some players try to go for max damage on 3F since it's a light mob, but again you're sacrificing consistency on the later floors to do so.

The JP ranking dungeon had 2% eventually end up a little over 121k, for reference.

Aesnath

I'd run Awoken Persephone, Satsuki, Gremory, Zuoh.

Zuoh's HP is going to be really important until you unlock the badges. It might be worth having Hanzo over H Vamp till you pull Haku if you're using Zuoh. I'd try a couple different configurations though. Gremory is a strong choice and can fix a bad cecil/Zuoh board without overkill (too many darks to make matches) like H Vamp might.

Persephone fixes the orb hunger on a junk board (don't combo with Cecil), Satsuki provides all the damage you'll need, Gremory combos with Zuoh to give you at least 2 dark combos and a heal.

That said Gremory is a stronger leader, full stop. If you care about running the stronger team focus on her instead. If you want to run a fun dark TPA team Cecil's got your back.

Here's my ID: 359,468,351
let me know if I need to free up a slot. I can only check my phone periodically at work.

Gremory's my main for sure, but I have a need for a team that can handle some dungeons where I struggle with her. Specifically, I've found that combo shields--which suck most of the time--suck particularly hard with Gremory. Part of it is that I'm just not that good at making a heart cross and lots of other matches (the main reason I can't run Ronove). I just want another option.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody got a maxed Krishna in their BF slot that I can BF on my alt? Mine is close (missing a few +HP eggs only). Pretty desperate to find one today so I can just bang out Monday dungeons.

Bladelaw

I think 13% is safe for the 10-20% range yeah? 104k points. I could probably improve but it'd be up to RNG to actually give me a boardpray.
I'd like the crown but I already know I'm not going to throw the stamina it'll take for it.

I may still push for sub 10% though. Definitely on my alt to get the awakening badge.

I just want a reliable way to get in the top 10% or so for the quests, I know I'm not good enough for crowns :(

And man the whole coin dungeon process of finding a partner on discord > buying the dungeon > farming as quickly as possible > praying for the right boss drop > praying for skillups is genuinely the most frustrating thing this side of Star Justice. I Have a few Avvy Drakes that need to be skilled but it's so incredibly annoying, and now basically worthless unless there's another skillup bonus after the maintenance. And I have three Vishes who need to be skilled, which means I need about 70 insect dragons from the limited-time dungeon along with a skillup bonus. Madness. I need this megatan guaranteed skillup thing now.

Gremory's my main for sure, but I have a need for a team that can handle some dungeons where I struggle with her. Specifically, I've found that combo shields--which suck most of the time--suck particularly hard with Gremory. Part of it is that I'm just not that good at making a heart cross and lots of other matches (the main reason I can't run Ronove). I just want another option.

It's tough for me, too, and kind of embarrassing when I run Ronnie in MP and people are pulling off 9+ combos while setting up skyfall heart crosses. I hit a measly cross and 2combo and do no damage, so they have to clean up. ALB green blobs are much less stressful.

Bladelaw

Looks like tomorrow is Star Den day. I hate it when it's in the middle of the week since odds are good I won't be able to participate. If the times are decent I should be running most of the hour though. I need 2 more +297's for Ra Dragon, and I've found enough uses for Kaede and Vishnu I should finally get around to plussing them. From there I'll just run star den on natural stamina. I think I'll be able to squeeze 2 297's from the + egg machine and 2 from star den (three if the + distribution is favorable). Hopefully that will work out.

I just want a reliable way to get in the top 10% or so for the quests, I know I'm not good enough for crowns :(
Fixed team ranking dungeons are super execution heavy so the most reliable strategy is to umm be good

NA for whatever reason is super behind on ranking dungeons so the less skill dependent ones are locked out for us.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
And man the whole coin dungeon process of finding a partner on discord > buying the dungeon > farming as quickly as possible > praying for the right boss drop > praying for skillups is genuinely the most frustrating thing this side of Star Justice.
This is why I'm very thankful for my alt. Even tho my accounts have somehow managed to stay nearly completely incompatible, I've hobbled together enough of a coop team on both that I can do almost all skillup trash dungeons with no issue. Just waiting on 2x drop day so I don't have to do mythical since they always seem to be JUST hard enough that I fail 1 out of 10 runs and waste a bunch of stamina.

Bladelaw

This is why I'm very thankful for my alt. Even tho my accounts have somehow managed to stay nearly completely incompatible, I've hobbled together enough of a coop team on both that I can do almost all skillup trash dungeons with no issue. Just waiting on 2x drop day so I don't have to do mythical since they always seem to be JUST hard enough that I fail 1 out of 10 runs and waste a bunch of stamina.

I know it's probably too late but I kept rolling on my alt until I had a compatible lead instead of following any reroll guides. Once you can get a myr on both sides things ease up quite a bit on account compatibility. Even the jankiest of Myr teams can clear a surprising amount of content. My alt ran and stoned through Myr once, slowly evoed her using a terrible awoken Lucifer team to grab the materials with my main. Then all skill ups came from gift pys. The team consisted almost entirely of farmables or crap with a usable active. Saria's skill up, Wedding Cinderella, Wedding Akechi's skill up, and Unicorn rider went a silly long way till I got some actual subs. That account is currently running Light Cecil, Apoc, Elia, and ADQXQ and can clear pretty much anything solo.

Even then I was able to coop clear Z8. Myr's a braindead lead as long as you can make one light match and one heart cross.

I still wish I could get past the first floor on Legend+ Myr :(

I'd totally be willing to drop my unused Pys on her and even though my light box is maybe my worst it would still give me more MP options than I currently have.

Bladelaw

I still wish I could get past the first floor on Legend+ Myr :(

I'd totally be willing to drop my unused Pys on her and even though my light box is maybe my worst it would still give me more MP options than I currently have.

What teams do you have? I managed to help Nico 0 stone a L+ clear with Sumire and if we have a compatible lead we could give it a shot.

LiQuid!

I know it's probably too late but I kept rolling on my alt until I had a compatible lead instead of following any reroll guides. Once you can get a myr on both sides things ease up quite a bit on account compatibility. Even the jankiest of Myr teams can clear a surprising amount of content. My alt ran and stoned through Myr once, slowly evoed her using a terrible awoken Lucifer team to grab the materials with my main. Then all skill ups came from gift pys. The team consisted almost entirely of farmables or crap with a usable active. Saria's skill up, Wedding Cinderella, Wedding Akechi's skill up, and Unicorn rider went a silly long way till I got some actual subs. That account is currently running Light Cecil, Apoc, Elia, and ADQXQ and can clear pretty much anything solo.

Even then I was able to coop clear Z8. Myr's a braindead lead as long as you can make one light match and one heart cross.

Yeah way too late for that. Money has been spent on both accounts and honestly they both have pretty great boxes for as relatively new to the game as I am.

I rolled my alt during a bad event (it was that director's carnival with the legendary heroes and jewel princesses in it) and my initial thought was the Robin Hood I initially rolled would be a ghetto, but acceptable, pairing for my Bastet which was the only thing I was using at the time.

Over time that account became the Oda/devil/dark row account and now a Krishna account just based on the luck I've had on its rolls. While my main's worst colors are still dark and red by a wide margin. They've both managed to roll almost exclusively in opposite directions.

Honestly I likely have passable Myr subs on both accounts and that will probably have to be the thing that finally meets them in the middle but evo'ing two of those (not to mention beating the dungeon to get it in the first place) is an undertaking I don't know that I have the stomach for. It would take a lot of coop'ing to complete one on each account and since my self-coop sucks I'd be relying on strangers for a lot of it.

What teams do you have? I managed to help Nico 0 stone a L+ clear with Sumire and if we have a compatible lead we could give it a shot.

Not much capable of Mythical and beyond, unfortunately. This is current as of a few days ago (I've mostly just cleaned up some of the trash) but beyond my initial attempts at a green team and then what Ronove is now, I have a bunch of stuff left unevo'd and waiting for a home. The lack of blue mythlits and jewels is hurting that side of the box.

Right now my Ronove is Ronove/Rozuel/Verdandi/Ryune/Sumire which can quite reliably clear most of the stuff I attempt.

The only other team I have is an attempt at ALB-compatible co-op, which right now is Perseus/Verdandi/Osiris/Australis/(unskilled) Zeus-Dios, though I could also slot an unskilled AvDrake into there if necessary. The team works well enough so that most people on Discord aren't fuming if they ask for ALB and I join.

Other than that I've attempted to cobble together shaky Tsubaki and Vishnu teams, but there's a lot of evoing, leveling, and awakening that would need to be done. I have lots of exp in my quest rewards etc. so that would be the least problematic.

If I was better at heart cross + 3combo, I could probably take on Myr solo. As it stands it's just something to work towards in the future.

LiQuid!

I'm rampaging thru content today with my alt's Krishna. Monday dungeon giving me infinite stamina and I'm sleepwalking thru descends. This is making me wish I had infinite stamina every day and didn't have to worry about min/maxing the coop to get anything done. Just finished both levels of Ace for the stone. I remember when I thought this was difficult...

This is so much easier to activate then Ronove and thus a lot less stressful to play. Sometimes I gotta stall for a combo but I've got over 50k HP with an entire team that has almost no +eggs on it and enough RCV to heal to full with just a few hearts on the board. What a ridiculous leader this is.

gFJYP4m.jpg

Not even close to a safe score based on JP trends, but it's my best score so far even including my JP runs, and I messed up on 2F by taking too long to combo. Definitely room for improvement

Yeah way too late for that. Money has been spent on both accounts and honestly they both have pretty great boxes for as relatively new to the game as I am.

I rolled my alt during a bad event (it was that director's carnival with the legendary heroes and jewel princesses in it) and my initial thought was the Robin Hood I initially rolled would be a ghetto, but acceptable, pairing for my Bastet which was the only thing I was using at the time.

Over time that account became the Oda/devil/dark row account and now a Krishna account just based on the luck I've had on its rolls. While my main's worst colors are still dark and red by a wide margin. They've both managed to roll almost exclusively in opposite directions.

Honestly I likely have passable Myr subs on both accounts and that will probably have to be the thing that finally meets them in the middle but evo'ing two of those (not to mention beating the dungeon to get it in the first place) is an undertaking I don't know that I have the stomach for. It would take a lot of coop'ing to complete one on each account and since my self-coop sucks I'd be relying on strangers for a lot of it.

Honestly, find a partner to get Myr on both accounts and just slowly work your way towards evolving them. Both accounts seem like they're good enough to no-stone or 1 stone it. Once you get past the first evolution, which isn't terrible, you'll have a legitimate team to self co-op, which really accelerates progress.

Bladelaw

Not much capable of Mythical and beyond, unfortunately. This is current as of a few days ago (I've mostly just cleaned up some of the trash) but beyond my initial attempts at a green team and then what Ronove is now, I have a bunch of stuff left unevo'd and waiting for a home. The lack of blue mythlits and jewels is hurting that side of the box.

Right now my Ronove is Ronove/Rozuel/Verdandi/Ryune/Sumire which can quite reliably clear most of the stuff I attempt.

The only other team I have is an attempt at ALB-compatible co-op, which right now is Perseus/Verdandi/Osiris/Australis/(unskilled) Zeus-Dios, though I could also slot an unskilled AvDrake into there if necessary. The team works well enough so that most people on Discord aren't fuming if they ask for ALB and I join.

Other than that I've attempted to cobble together shaky Tsubaki and Vishnu teams, but there's a lot of evoing, leveling, and awakening that would need to be done. I have lots of exp in my quest rewards etc. so that would be the least problematic.

If I was better at heart cross + 3combo, I could probably take on Myr solo. As it stands it's just something to work towards in the future.
I can tell you right now you have teams that can beat Myr with a friend. Anima with some Surtur backup could probably do it with a Thanatos inherit somewhere.

Here's a possible fire team you could build (I can't make due to no Anima):
Anima
Awoken Ares (needed for devil typing)
Ronia (for pulseneedle's combo shield)
Surtur
R/D Sanada

Here's some compatible teams I'm sure could clear myr without +'s and not max skilled
Water:
Sarasvati
Blonia
Ryune
B/G Karin (Dragon killer)
Skuld

Or just lead with Sumire
Skuld
Ryune
Gabriel
Sumire

Wood:
Perseus
Dios
Avalon Drake
G/G Astaroth
Australis

Light:
Saria
Raphael
Pollux
Ilm
Saria
(Pair with Awoken Thor)

Dark:
Awoken Persephone
Kakkab
DKali
D/L Castor
Satsuki (3 prongs in exchange for no active given the team Damage is worth it)

I need to reiterate, for most of these teams you won't need to skill everything up, just get max evoed and awoken and you should be good to go. Myr is a rogue dungeon so you don't even have to level the monsters. You already have a lot of the important inherits (Thanatos being huge) and your perseus team with the right friend could probably ALB through it. You can stall for a while on the tan to charge skills if it's really needed.

Hm, thanks. I wish I had, like, 8 blue mythlits and a handful of jewels.

I typically blow my pal points on the Evo PEM so holding out for the +egg PEM when Skuld/Karin/Gabriel are screaming at me is annoying.

I think I have all the necessary mats for Astaroth but I hate passing on Awoken if it's available and I only have one of the card (I think you recommended G/G for the Dragon Killer?) Great active but 7 turns without haste is frustrating.

My Sarias are max-skilled and Ilm has a few levels so I could try cobbling together a Thoria team but idk.

I looked up Myr to see her evo mats and I don't think it's worth trying the dungeon even if I have the capability to run it. I don't know if I'd be able to get a Nordis!

Dacho reference if you're chasing a crown like me
Floor 1:
4 Light / 4 Dark / 3 Light + Dark
Floor 2:
5 Light / 4 Dark / 3 Light + Dark
Floor 3:
3 Dark / 6 Dark + Dark for max score.
Floor 4:
5 Dark
Floor 5:
6 Light + Dark / 6 Dark + Dark / 5 Light + Dark + Dark
Floor 6:
7 Light + Dark + Dark / 6 Light + LIght + Dark + Dark /
6 Dark + Dark + Dark / 7 Light + Light + Dark + Dark + Dark/
6 Dark + Dark + Dark + Dark
Format is combo count then prongs required to one-shot each floor. Cecil->Noctis is recommended for the final floor if you want to hit max damage there, the other Noctis is typically used on 5F due to the orb requirements.

If you're just chasing 10%, you have enough leeway to flub once or twice before you lose too much time.

Bladelaw

Hm, thanks. I wish I had, like, 8 blue mythlits and a handful of jewels.

I typically blow my pal points on the Evo PEM so holding out for the +egg PEM when Skuld/Karin/Gabriel are screaming at me is annoying.

I think I have all the necessary mats for Astaroth but I hate passing on Awoken if it's available and I only have one of the card (I think you recommended G/G for the Dragon Killer?) Great active but 7 turns without haste is frustrating.

My Sarias are max-skilled and Ilm has a few levels so I could try cobbling together a Thoria team but idk.

I looked up Myr to see her evo mats and I don't think it's worth trying the dungeon even if I have the capability to run it. I don't know if I'd be able to get a Nordis!
Are you planning on running a green devil row team? If not then awoken Asty won't do you much good unless you need a green bind clear.

Nordis is easy, probably the easiest of the rogues. It's just a long dungeon with nothing terribly nasty accept his pre-emptive dark bind. If you can clear Myr, Nordis is cake.

on a whim I tried Gainaut L+ a few weeks ago and beat it on my first try but I've been too scared to try anything else.

Except, of course, Myr, which I've attempted maybe 5 times and been blasted away each one. Mr. Griffin made a convincing case for Thoria but I'm worried about a lack of SBR as my subs at this point look like Saria/Saria (or flex)/Ilm/LKali (or flex). I'll use this week to try and farm evo materials in between my relentless green insect vish skillup farming.

W-00

Except, of course, Myr, which I've attempted maybe 5 times and been blasted away each one. Mr. Griffin made a convincing case for Thoria but I'm worried about a lack of SBR as my subs at this point look like Saria/Saria (or flex)/Ilm/LKali (or flex). I'll use this week to try and farm evo materials in between my relentless green insect vish skillup farming.

That would certainly be a concern for general use, but Myr's descend doesn't have any skill binds, so you're clear on that front.

hermit7

Guys what does this mean I've never seen this before

You're get a tama. All of the dungeons that are special have scores that you can s rank for tama.

Usually done with cheese teams (you get higher scores with things like low rarity teams etc).

LiQuid!

You're get a tama. All of the dungeons that are special have scores that you can s rank for tama.

Usually done with cheese teams (you get higher scores with things like low rarity teams etc).

Am I crazy in thinking that they've never surfaced this information before? I've done a lot of special dungeons and never seen that stuff pop up. How do you know what your score is or what score is needed to S-rank it?

After you do the scoring dungeon you can check your score (it's where the Sell button pops up if it's not a scoring dungeon) and it will be displayed on the dungeon select screen.

I've done it for a bunch of the rotating skillup dungeons but with my Ronove team, I don't even try. The tama is a nice bonus.

edit: I also tried Nordis with Ronove and couldn't do it. Skil delays and he just has too much HP so I end up in his nuke zone. Hopefully Myr doesn't disappear as a worthy card in the next year :(

b33r

Finished the one shot and got Noah Dragon, but fuck that dungeon! Took me 3 tries to get to him and I ended up using 2 stones on him just so I didn't have to run it again. Took like an hour...

Edit: The Rodin tama you get from this will be handy since I don't have a real one.

Am I crazy in thinking that they've never surfaced this information before? I've done a lot of special dungeons and never seen that stuff pop up. How do you know what your score is or what score is needed to S-rank it?

You can always check your score if you click on the button on the results screen, but it only automatically pops up if you S rank it.

J0dy77

HwUv8jw.jpg

Best I'm going to get today, I started to get the hang of improving my time towards the end of my stamina. Hopefully I can push for the 1% tomorrow. I really just want the 10% achievement, don't think I'm safe yet.

Speed is definitely the most important factor.

Finished the one shot and got Noah Dragon, but fuck that dungeon! Took me 3 tries to get to him and I ended up using 2 stones on him just so I didn't have to run it again. Took like an hour...

Edit: The Rodin tama you get from this will be handy since I don't have a real one.

What team did you clear with? I tried Myr since there's so many dark absorbs. Made it to Noah Dragon and he crushed me.

b33r

What team did you clear with? I tried Myr since there's so many dark absorbs. Made it to Noah Dragon and he crushed me.

I used Anaphon, maybe that's why it took me 3 tries to get there. But Noah Dragon was nasty and used dark water or dark fire absorb way too often. Like I said though, I burned 2 stones on Noah Dragon.

I used Anaphon, maybe that's why it took me 3 tries to get there. But Noah Dragon was nasty and used dark water or dark fire absorb way too often. Like I said though, I burned 2 stones on Noah Dragon.

I guess I need to watch some clear videos to see what people are doing. I couldn't get the damage right on Noah dragon. Would accidentally overshoot or hardly damage him at all.

b33r

I guess I need to watch some clear videos to see what people are doing. I couldn't get the damage right on Noah dragon. Would accidentally overshoot or hardly damage him at all.

The damage shield is 5 million, so unless I go Anaphon, Satsuki, Akechi I'll never achieve that. It was the dark damage absorbs that got me. If you're using Gremory she hits harder. Either way, that dungeon sucks balls.

Bladelaw

Krishna bent gaia dragon over. Urd-->sanada then ACC to close it out. 2 turn kill. Would recommend.

I'm not sure how my alt is going to beat Zeus dragon but Myr usually finds a way.

Aesnath

Jesus, this ranking dungeon. I am just too slow to make this work. I can do the combos, but only if I take some time to plan my actions; when I go fast, everything falls apart. I'm up to 98.2% currently, which I feel is an achievement in its own right.

Also, Legendary snowy valley sucks a bunch. There was a dragon right before the boss that has a 400k damage shield--it was an interesting experience in frustration with Gremory. Either I did very little damage or way too much. Eventually I realized I should be shooting for a heart cross and a two prong without an active, but the bastard kept making green and poison orbs, meaning I had few dark and heart orbs to work with without using an active.

Kreed

Took a break from the ranking dungeon and went after the One Shot Challenge which was MUCH easier than the last one thanks to no Sopdet damage shield shenanigans against Myr this time. Since I ended up with Noah Dragon I may have to reconsider evolving Neptune Dragon when the evolution comes around.

hermit7

Anyone else try for Noctis after playing this challenge dungeon over and over? He's got a ton of potential.

Didn't try for him but rolled him.

My pull rate for FF was ridiculous.

In 10 or so rolls pulled lightning, noctis, tifa, 2x sephiroth and Cecil.

Was hard to stop with such good pulls. I think I only rolled 2 non-golds. Noctis is fun and I am sure I will try him out, the issue is the difficulty in changing my play style to 4 matches and up rather than 3.

b33r

Anyone else try for Noctis after playing this challenge dungeon over and over? He's got a ton of potential.

I did 2 rolls today since his rate was higher. 1st was a Vivi, this card is embarrassing for a silver, sold.

2nd was a Cecil, he's not Noctis but I like this pull. I already plussed him and now need to skill him up, cries over all the skill up fodder I feed away skilling up terra and rinoa... I have two hypered Eschas and then all kinds of other dark subs I can use and he seems pretty good on the test run I did. I really wish he had god or Dragon typing since he would be an amazing sub on dark Kanna.

yami4ct

He's real interesting. Great bulk, and a multiplier that works well once you get used to it. He's inconsistent enough that he won't be a truly elite lead, but after his buff he should be quite formidable.

J0dy77

He's real interesting. Great bulk, and a multiplier that works well once you get used to it. He's inconsistent enough that he won't be a truly elite lead, but after his buff he should be quite formidable.

I'm enjoying the playstyle in the ranking dungeon, definitely different and opens up some strategies with leaving three match orbs on the board.

I'm not sure I agree about being inconsistent, I am hitting huge damage numbers every turn in ranking. He only needs 4 dark orbs to push close to a million damage. Put together an optimized team with z8 and Persephone and more tpa and he'll be an amazing lead.

I did pull him in jp when the event first started, might have to focus on him there.

LiQuid!

Is it worth plus egging Ame No Uzume if she's only a placeholder on my Ronove team until if/when I pull a Roz?

Top Bottom