• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are there any dungeons you can't beat right now that putting plusses on her would help you beat?
There's probably like a hundred dungeons I can't beat I dunno if plus eggs could help tho. I wish I could plus egg my brain.

ronove mp just reminds me of how bad I am jesus.

or that I need more fingers

I reaaaaaaaaallllly want those dragon caller skillup dungeons to come back soon because tsubaki/sumire teams are mighty appealing right about now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...ngho/mion-descended-arrives/1473995915962329/

Mion coming tonight

VnfPTeH.jpg

And new event featuring 4X skill ups, so hopefully you've been saving your EID's Moblin.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...-gungho/android-4-year-event/1473980549297199

yami4ct

Did a run of Arena 1 with my fully hypermaxed Noct team. Got all the way to Kali and even managed to get through Parvati with little problem. Couldn't burst Kali safe even with a full 6 combo. Probably would've made it with the update, but yeah. He's good. The way he can take hits and heal up is insane.

unrealist

Coming back from other mobile gatcha games (FFBE, Mobius, etc) made me appreciate PAD more, even though it seems to be on a slight down spiral (at least for me) due to the focus on coop and ridiculous mechanics. Still, it's a great game that focus on skill and it gets better as you improve / play more.

At least Gungho bothers to make some less rare cards good, like recently Krishna etc.. cant say that for other games, they only want you to whale for the extremely good ones or get left behind due to the extreme power creep (exists in PAD too, slightly less tho imo).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
After maintenance we should get (already out in EU):

- New ultimate evos for Kanna and Ilm.
- Reincarnated evos for Minerva, Neptune, Ceres, Shiva, Lakshmi, and Parvati
- some other buffs

https://m.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-europe/new-content-update-712/989390847831888/
Oh man - cant wait for Revo Lakshmi.

Edit:

Okay she is amazing.

1x Sumire and 2x Andromeda are the core team. Im still looking to replace the second Sumire with a better fitting unit.

Awoken Isis would be good, but i rarely need binds.
Navi would be great but her lowish HP are kinda a turn off, well and seh isnt hypered.
Awoken Sun Quan, this might work.
Gabriel, lowish HP
Skuld/Ryune, sadly i dont have them.
Yshtola powerful active but i still need to max skill/level her etc.

Wonder what would the perfect squad look like. Current team has +40k HP, 3 hearts are enough for full heal and burst (Urd/Andro) hit for 30-40m without an extra boost.

Bladelaw

So which of the new Revos are actually worth the effort? If I had to guess based on JP vids:
Shiva: he's the same but better so the only reason I'd keep him Awoken is if you can't dump the XP into him to bring him back up to par with Awoken.

Parvati: see above, unless you need access to her active as an inherit I'd go for it.

Ceres: As above, better in every way. If you don't have attackerasu or non-awoken Ceres for a Shower of Healing active the choice becomes less clear. I have 2, one is Ana Ceres, and I'll be making this one as a more offensive oriented green bind clear. I need to check some of the team comps to see if you need a max skilled Shower of Healing active for anything. It's useful for Mathena Arena runs but how often do you really get to/need to push it? This is probably the toughest choice for me.

Lakshmi: DO IT.

Minerva: DO IT NAOW

Neptune: If you have a home for him I guess? I wouldn't use the resources on him personally.

I'll be playing around with Revo Lak and Revo Minerva since I have strong teams for both (near ideal for Lak)

What do your teams look like ? I need to Revo Parvati as well...but wanna wait until the green Snowglobes are buffed.
Due to bad gacha luck my box is crap but this far I've got
Ilm: Saria/Gadius/Minerva/Kotaro (the ideal team is to shove as many Ilms and Sarias as you can onto it)
Parv:Verdandi/Amitaka/Susanoo/Sasuke

Bladelaw

Ok, so Revo Lak is stupid strong.

Still getting used to dealing with combo shields but there's enough HP/RCV to really screw up and still recover.

Current Team: Revo Lak, Ryune, Y'shtola, Andromeda, Andromeda

Ryune-->Y'shtola is the same burst as Urd-->Andro
I need to skill up Ryune, Lakshmi, and level Lakshmi up, then +everybody for a true end game team but even still I made it to Shiva in ultimate endless before I ran out of steam.

hermit7

Ok, so Revo Lak is stupid strong.

Still getting used to dealing with combo shields but there's enough HP/RCV to really screw up and still recover.

Current Team: Revo Lak, Ryune, Y'shtola, Andromeda, Andromeda

Ryune-->Y'shtola is the same burst as Urd-->Andro
I need to skill up Ryune, Lakshmi, and level Lakshmi up, then +everybody for a true end game team but even still I made it to Shiva in ultimate endless before I ran out of steam.

Lakshmi is great.

Runnning Lakshmi, skuld, andro, andro, sumire for now. Sumire is exchangeable but the rcv on her is super good.

Have urd and b.urd inherited to combo with andro. Need to pull something off of one andromeda because she has Karin's skill.

So which ilm is preferred? I can make both.

Setsu's blog lists the light/fire one as the meta card but is that just because of the Dragon Killer, making the card a niche use? The loss of typing is annoying but the stats and awakenings are better for the pure light one.

I have minerva and lakshmi but can't evo them all the way yet, idk if lakshmi is a good enough sub for other water leads for me to make the effort right now.

Bladelaw

Is double Andro that good? I was thinking of throwing my dupe as an inherit on to Lak. My team has been Lak/Andro/B.Urd/Gabby/Blonia

I use double andro for 3 reasons:
1) I need the SBR coverage, Y'shtola and Ryune don't have any SBR
2) If I inherit Urd on my Lakshmi, and friend's Lakshmi I can full burst up to three times in one encounter.
3) I have two max leveled and max skilled.

I'm looking into cheese teams for the Mion challenge. It looks coopable according to facebook so I'm looking at a couple cheese team ideas.

You need:
25% or better gravity for Hermes (or 33k hp to survive the rage hit)
100% SBR for Sandalphon
A 6 combo board for Ronia-Tama
A 6 Combo board for Mion or the ability to clear 126,729,530 damage (double for water)

It only has to work once so I'm willing to accept a bit of RNG getting there.

Avalon Drake is pretty much my go to solution for ALB 6 combo boards, I'm willing to tank Hermes rage hit since we'll be wiping the board at Mion anyway. So with that I'm thinking the following teams:

ALB
Dios
Spica
Avalon Drake
Globe

ALB
Avalon Drake
Spica
Dios
Globe

FL1: A: ALB x16
FL2: B: Avalon Drake
FL3: A: Spica/ALB depending on board
FL4: B: Spica
FL5: A: ALB/Spica based on what was used floor 3
FL6: B: Dios, A: pass, B: poke, don't match poison
FL7: A: Dios (should drop her below 99%), B: pass, A: Avalon Drake

EDIT FL7: alternative MUCH simpler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD0sqQgXWLU
A team replaces Avalon Drake with Myr
FL6: B Dios, A: Poke
FL7: B: 0 combo, A: Dios-->Myr-->6 combo board (trivial with Myr's active, see video)

LiQuid!

I want a name, photo, and last known location of the person responsible for the creation of the dumpsterfuck shithole that is the Kaguya dungeon.

Bladelaw

I want a name, photo, and last known location of the person responsible for the creation of the dumpsterfuck shithole that is the Kaguya dungeon.

No awakening dungeons blow. The solution is to use a lead with a strong flat multiplier. Tank teams do well enough to stall for skills then you can pretty much burst through floors. Myr accels at this dungeon specifically especially with a moogle on the team.

LiQuid!

No awakening dungeons blow. The solution is to use a lead with a strong flat multiplier. Tank teams do well enough to stall for skills then you can pretty much burst through floors. Myr accels at this dungeon specifically especially with a moogle on the team.

No awakenings combined with no recovery. It's the absolute most irritating god damned thing in this game I've experienced and 2nd place isn't even fucking close.

Probably would have been fine actually if any of my Krishna subs were skilled.

Aesnath

Huh, I guess it is Revo Minerva time. I have like six red globe dragons saved up.

What would be a good team?

I have: Saria x2, Terra, Tsubaki, Gadius, that R/W mech guy (farmable), Gigas, Maeda, onion knight, wol, etc.

Also, how does one manage issues with non-light/dark/fire enemies?

Bladelaw

Huh, I guess it is Revo Minerva time. I have like six red globe dragons saved up.

What would be a good team?

I have: Saria x2, Terra, Tsubaki, Gadius, that R/W mech guy (farmable), Gigas, Maeda, onion knight, wol, etc.

Also, how does one manage issues with non-light/dark/fire enemies?

Revo Minerva (WOL), Terra, Tsubaki, Gadius, Onion Knight (Saria) would work. To manage wood/water enemies the solution is usually either kill them quickly, or bring a puppeteer. Failing that you could inherit Indra over WOL on Minerva.

I'm super hyped for the bleach collab returning to NA (no word on when).

My Rukia team will be nuts (HA). I'm thinking one of these options:
Rukia
Nut
Ryune
Scheat
Y'shtola/Famiel

Famiel is almost certainly an 8 combo board, triple prongs, and I can inherit Water Dragon Swordsman or Snow White to fill the bind clear role

Y'shtola combos with Ryune, can clear 6 turn binds on a heart row, has precious time extends and can also hold a hard bind clear active.

Revo'd my Minerva and Ceres. Waiting for the Green Snow Globe xp boost to hit before I level Ceres back up.

I have an Ilm but not sure which evo to use because I haven't used that card at all.

Okamid3n

Revo'd Parvati and Shiva, still got Minerva and Ceres to Revo. Will wait for a great/super chance up to feed snow globes, though.

Also finally got all the mats ready for Ra Dragon and I don't even own him. But I have 700k MP and I have two DKalis + Lightning ready for inherit, so he'll definitely be worth it.

b33r

Dark Kanna is a blast to play, over 60k hp and one prong and a 5 combo can kill most floors. RCV is a bit low on the team but very manageable. I breezed through arena 1 first try with her. I one shot light Kali with facet, dunno if that will work on dark Kali, but should at least get her to the safe zone.

I'm really liking Minerva. Still playing around with team comps. Haven't completely committed to buying a puppeteer for cheese teams. I probably will since that's pretty future proof. Pairing with the new Ilm is fun, way more offensive.

Being able to just eat Z8 attacks while he absorbed light felt real good.

Jagernaut

I use double andro for 3 reasons:
1) I need the SBR coverage, Y'shtola and Ryune don't have any SBR
2) If I inherit Urd on my Lakshmi, and friend's Lakshmi I can full burst up to three times in one encounter.
3) I have two max leveled and max skilled.

I'm looking into cheese teams for the Mion challenge. It looks coopable according to facebook so I'm looking at a couple cheese team ideas.

You need:
25% or better gravity for Hermes (or 33k hp to survive the rage hit)
100% SBR for Sandalphon
A 6 combo board for Ronia-Tama
A 6 Combo board for Mion or the ability to clear 126,729,530 damage (double for water)

It only has to work once so I'm willing to accept a bit of RNG getting there.

Avalon Drake is pretty much my go to solution for ALB 6 combo boards, I'm willing to tank Hermes rage hit since we'll be wiping the board at Mion anyway. So with that I'm thinking the following teams:

ALB
Dios
Spica
Avalon Drake
Globe

ALB
Avalon Drake
Spica
Dios
Globe

FL7: B: 0 combo, A: Dios-->Myr-->6 combo board (trivial with Myr's active, see video)

I'm in for the Mion challenge when it gets here.

So which ilm is preferred? I can make both.

Setsu's blog lists the light/fire one as the meta card but is that just because of the Dragon Killer, making the card a niche use? The loss of typing is annoying but the stats and awakenings are better for the pure light one.
L/R for leader, L/L for sub. Depends on what you need her for

Wonder what would the perfect squad look like. Current team has +40k HP, 3 hearts are enough for full heal and burst (Urd/Andro) hit for 30-40m without an extra boost.
Wat?

Am I missing something? Her leader skill says you need 4+ hearts. It also tops out at 100x with 8 hearts. Is it just because you can make a board of 8 hearts and the rest water that you can hit that hard as opposed to ADQXD or Ronove who have to match other colors?

I have 2 Lakshmis and a Minerva so this is some exciting times.

Jagernaut

Wat?

Am I missing something? Her leader skill says you need 4+ hearts. It also tops out at 100x with 8 hearts. Is it just because you can make a board of 8 hearts and the rest water that you can hit that hard as opposed to ADQXD or Ronove who have to match other colors?

Those are 2 different things in the same sentence. 3 hearts and combos will heal to full, not activate her full multiplier. Mono color leaders can hit much harder than rainbow leaders by flooding the board with their color.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yshtola active also has Haste ? Damn...now i really need to max skill her.

Wat?

Sry, what i meant was...when stalling 3 hearts are enough to heal back to full health. For Burst you will need +8 hearts as you stated. Could have made that clearer.

Edit:

Those are 2 different things in the same sentence. 3 hearts and combos will heal to full, not activate her full multiplier. Mono color leaders can hit much harder than rainbow leaders by flooding the board with their color.

Yup, this.
Due to bad gacha luck my box is crap but this far I've got
Ilm: Saria/Gadius/Minerva/Kotaro (the ideal team is to shove as many Ilms and Sarias as you can onto it)
Parv:Verdandi/Amitaka/Susanoo/Sasuke

Interesting - i might give Ilm a shot down the line. Max skilled him ages ago but havent been able to use him yet. Could be fun.

Need to farm some Masks to Revo Parvati later as well.

Ok, makes sense. I assume the 30-40m is total as well and not just Urd and Andro?

Still sounds amazing. Glad I have like 8 Blue snow globes.

I appreciate this. Idk whether to lead with it or use as a sub on Saria/Tsubaki.... I wish I had two.
As a lead Ilm is used for speed farming content, especially in co-op. The 100x is super easy to activate relatively speaking as long as you can generate orbs en masse. This is why the recommended teams consist solely of Ilm/Saria. (Leilan/Pollux are also common

If you have no need for that or you don't have enough subs the waifu Ilm is definitely the way to go, her stat line rivals that of the MP dragons and revos.

Kwhit10

ALB
Dios
Spica
Avalon Drake
Globe

ALB
Avalon Drake
Spica
Dios
Globe

I'd Def be down for coop as I can actually make that B team.

As a lead Ilm is used for speed farming content, especially in co-op. The 100x is super easy to activate relatively speaking as long as you can generate orbs en masse. This is why the recommended teams consist solely of Ilm/Saria. (Leilan/Pollux are also common

If you have no need for that or you don't have enough subs the waifu Ilm is definitely the way to go, her stat line rivals that of the MP dragons and revos.

I have 3 max-skilled sarias and a pollux (no leilan) but the CDs are so long for saria that I'm not sure a system or system-esque team would work.

I might just do Light and sub her on a future Tsubaki/Saria/Myr(?) team. In the meantime I want to max out my lakshmi and minerva.

Aesnath

Puppeteer huh? How do those abilities work exactly? When it fires off, can it hit enemies with immunity to "delay, poison, defense reduction, etc?" Also, does it have a time frame?

Honestly, I'm still saving up for Plum, so I'm unlikely to have additional MP in the near future, but it could be a nice idea later.

Puppeteer huh? How do those abilities work exactly? When it fires off, can it hit enemies with immunity to "delay, poison, defense reduction, etc?" Also, does it have a time frame?
Yes
No

She's the backbone of a solo A3 team using Re:Minerva as a lead because of it. Kinda takes a while to run though, like 40-60 minutes?

Honestly, I'm still saving up for Plum, so I'm unlikely to have additional MP in the near future, but it could be a nice idea later.

Yeah, Plum is a much better purchase for you since she'll be a standout on Gremory and will really help that team out. Being able to get a standout sub without having to chase it in the REM is really nice.

I think I'm going to try and farm MP for a puppeteer over the next couple weeks. I'm about halfway there. I figure if I farm it, I'll hopefully get it done before we get the 300k mp gift (we better get this in NA) in case I want to purchase Nepdra or something.

b33r

Japan got the mp for the 5 year anniversary, so we're might have to wait for that here.

I tried Meri in arena again and cleared it quickly, I will die if I ever get dq Hera though.

Bladelaw

Plum is the better buy. Revo Minerva cheese is boring as hell and while useful for clearing some otherwise nasty shit isn't worth compromising a key sub for an actually good team.

The way the puppeteer skill works is pretty simple: Target's current color is swapped for the puppeteer's weakness. In Minerva's case you'd use the blue puppet (to turn the enemy red). This ability explicitly states that it ignores enemy resistances and shields. It's not a universal solution as some enemies (Deus Ex Machina, Zeus Dragon, Machine Athena, the puppets as enemies) can swap their color regularly. It does have an ~80% clear rate on A3 if you can stand it. Zeus Dragon kind of fucks that team up real bad. For any non-red floor you pop Charite, stall for her to come back up (like 20 turns), then burst, repeat every floor you can't clear naturally. Binds are dangerous since they shut down resistance awakenings but dual Minervas still provide enough resistance to stall through the binds if a bind clear is unavailable.

Anyone looking to coop the globe challenge, I'm going to practice the 6 combo dios/myr board, the only other possible hiccup is floor 2 Ronia-Tama. I have Parvati inherited on my ALB for SDR farming but I think I have enough tans to pull her off till this is done. Just make sure you have enough SB to get the right skills up in time.

coy

I've got Minerva, Lakshmi, and Parvati but didn't want to wait for another event for Great/Super chance so they're not max level yet. Minerva and Parvati teams are good, but I have been in need of Andromeda for so long. I'll get to Shiva and Neptune in due time.

b33r

I just realized I have an unevolved Lakshmi in my box. I never made her cause I don't have good subs. The only subs I have that would work with her are 2 Gabriel's. I'll probably ignore her unless I get some more subs.

Dacho reference if you're chasing a crown like me

Format is combo count then prongs required to one-shot each floor. Cecil->Noctis is recommended for the final floor if you want to hit max damage there, the other Noctis is typically used on 5F due to the orb requirements.

If you're just chasing 10%, you have enough leeway to flub once or twice before you lose too much time.
Ugh, I followed this and only got 37.8%. My time left was ~107s. I had to hit floor 4 twice but everything else was 1 shot, so much for the 1 flub being ok. Guess I gotta make my combos quick and then not check to make sure it's all good since waiting that whole move timer is a waste.

EDIT: Dayum yeah, I just gotta move faster. Only thing I did different, other than speed, than this guy was 2 turn floor 4 and use skills on 5. He even got lucky with a skyfall dark TPA on 6 but I had full activation with 3 dark TPA on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGM6rUKmiE

Top Bottom