• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Gaia dragon is a huge pain in the ass.

Anyone have tips or strategies they know of for her?

Krishna, burn her to ash.

More realistically:
I two shot her with a Urd-->Sanada combo then a full activation (no rows) with Krishna.

What team did you try?
Don't be afraid of her damage shield. Burst as hard as you can every turn you can. Are you able to survive her warm up shots? If so you can last past her 75% shield and do a mini burst to take her down.

Revo'd my Neptune as I have another.

Too bad he doesn't seem great, but he can slot in on my Sarasvati team for poison immunity... I guess..

I have some decent dark/blue subs. 2xBlonia, Awoken I&I, Okuni, Awoken Persephone, Lumiel...

I really want to hypermax him as he is max skilled. Super niche, but maybe some day he will be good.

I'm actually excited about this ranking dungeon because I know within the time left I've for sure going to be able to hit it. Having done most of my end game stuff using Thoria with Mini LValk I got really good at making TPAs while stalling, grinding down a boss, or spiking to break defense. My friend is telling me he's having trouble adjusting his brain to see 4 orb combos instead of 3.

hermit7

Krishna, burn her to ash.

More realistically:
I two shot her with a Urd-->Sanada combo then a full activation (no rows) with Krishna.

What team did you try?
Don't be afraid of her damage shield. Burst as hard as you can every turn you can. Are you able to survive her warm up shots? If so you can last past her 75% shield and do a mini burst to take her down.

I tried it with Lakshmi. May have been a bit unreasonable now that I think of it. Maybe will do it with XM. Seems like 3 hearts without rows would be reasonable.

I stalled Noah dragon 96 turns with Myr and then accidentally hit him too low and got wiped. Cost me 3 or 4 stones. I just had to use an active to stall and he wasn't absorbing light. Whatever, I'm done with it. Now I have him if I ever want to get Nepdra

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What are the chances we will see Kaede's skill ups show up again in the next millennia? I'm seriously thinking about using piis on her. She's probably the most important card I have to skill up right now but piis are not easy to come by when you're bad at pad

I have 27 of her skillup dragons waiting for her to drop, you can have them tbh

also I tried Thoria in endless (with Saria(L)/Saria/Saria/Ilm/LKali/AThor) and the damage was shockingly low, like 100-200k per turn even with actives used and light rows. Damage with A.Thor's active was ok but was still way way lower than sarasvati with a jank unevo'd team. I don't get it...

Keep messing up in one way or another in ranking dungeon. Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind in terms of orb saving and full combo more boards

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't whale enough to waste box space on skill ups for cards I don't have yet. :(

It sucks especially because I spend SO MUCH stamina on one of my accounts cooping to skill up cards for the other account and then selling them on the account that doesn't need them. So I've sold about 30 Krishna, Vishnu, etc skill ups. I really wish my 2 accounts would roll ANY of the same cards. All the REM pulls I've done and my 2 accounts have like 3 cards in common it's infuriating.

Bladelaw

Yeah I'm done with the ranking. Going to get the 20% rewards because RNG won't give me a board no matter how many runs I throw. 6 runs started with 2 or less light and dark.

okay, ilm is totally bonkers.

Ilm/Saria/Saria/Tsubaki/Gadius and even without the sarias or gadius being evo'd or awoken etc. I was doing crazy damage. Hitting 100x for a simple 4 combo is broken as hell. I guess there's no raw HP or any sort of SBR but damn it's a nice easy playstyle compared to heart cross.

I evo'd the sarias and gadius and used most of my tamas on them immediately, this is a more functional team than GLB (ghetto liu bei) with Perseus and a bunch of green-makers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
907918jlx.jpg

Arena has never been that easy...lol

Bladelaw

cw_sasuke What were your inherits?

Lakshmi is different enough from other leads I play to warrant some time and resources to building and I have a pretty close to ideal team for her.

So PCGF, looks like the votes are private this year so in the spirit of the closed ballot box...who's everyone voting for?

I'm pushing DQXQ. I'd love to replace Elia on my Myr team and she's the perfect sub (besides Paimon) that fits the bill. I'm guessing the votes going to look a lot more interesting this year given the new evos. Here's my prediction for top 30 (in no order):
Liu Bei
Cao Cao
D Kali
Eschamali
Kaede

Acala
Pandora
Typhon
Ilm
Ronove

Minerva
Lakshmi
Parvati
Yomi
Kanna

Sanada
Krishna
Raphael
Urd
Sherias Roots

Rozuel
Ra
Akechi
Wukong
DQXQ

Paimon
Isis
Sumire
Orochi
Gremory

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whats the best stage to farm Yshtola skillups ? Doesnt seem like her weapon drops anywhere lol.

cw_sasuke What were your inherits?

Only have Urd on my Lakshmi and Urd on Friend Lakshmi. Thats all i needed.
There isnt much that can kill you and stalling i possible on almost every floor.

Bladelaw

Whats the best stage to farm Yshtola skillups ? Doesnt seem like her weapon drops anywhere lol.

There isnt much that can kill you and stalling i possible on almost every floor.

FF1 int on 2x
It's more common than Sephiroth's Masamune for me (I skilled up 2 Y'stholas and 0 sephiroth)

EDIT: So what are the odds a 9.5% score will hold for the 10% bracket? I'm guessing 0. At least it has succeeded in ruining my desire to pull Noctis.

I might do one more final push before it's all done but man fuck this dungeon. I'm really hoping I can pull it out.

Quantum

the ff ranking dungeon is the most rage inducing level I have ever played.

its funny - you know after the second skyfall if its worth continuing

I've burnt three days in stamina and think I've only gotten to the third floor once

RNG is not my friend with this ranking dungeon (looks like I'll have to sell for a little less then 20% but I think I'm going to get pushed out ><)

ya I'm expecting the two I want/need the most, Liu Bei and Kaede, to easily make the cut for PCGF so I'll probably make a brooding indie vote for something like Spica or Nut

Stuff I don't really need but would be lovely to have would also be stuff likely to show up, like Gremory/Pandora/Paimon/Scheat/Esch/Antares/etc., as well as dupes like Sumire and Ilm.

I just bought another pack so I'm ready.

Aesnath

OK, PCGF questions:

Do I have to have a facebook account to vote?
What kind of rates do these thing have?
Is Pandora likely to be one of the winners?

Also, if I am mostly shooting for Pandora, is there an advantage to going with this over waiting for regular GF that features her pantheon? From what I've heard, several 6* GFEs will be in, which means the silver rate is higher, which sounds bad if I'm making a bunch of (paid) rolls.

She drops from collab 1 (as mentioned above). I seem to do fine on just hitting intermediate repeatedly on double drop days. I've started having to up the difficulty for Terra, as she doesn't seem to drop as frequently on the lower difficulties.

Bladelaw

OK, PCGF questions:

Also, if I am mostly shooting for Pandora, is there an advantage to going with this over waiting for regular GF that features her pantheon? From what I've heard, several 6* GFEs will be in, which means the silver rate is higher, which sounds bad if I'm making a bunch of (paid) rolls.

She drops from collab 1 (as mentioned above). I seem to do fine on just hitting intermediate repeatedly on double drop days. I've started having to up the difficulty for Terra, as she doesn't seem to drop as frequently on the lower difficulties.

1) yes
2) depends on the 5/6* distribution. The odds of pulling something in the PCGF is decent, pulling specifically one card is an...unrealistic expectation.
3) yes, she's a great sub and a solid lead, also she has Waifu status

If you ONLY want Pandora and can't work with most of the rest of the options I'd skip PCGF. PCGF is the best way to diversify your box, unless you get extremely lucky you're unlikely to get that one final piece of a strong team, but you might get the first building blocks of one since usually every card has a very solid if not "best in slot" use on some team.

W-00

So PCGF, looks like the votes are private this year so in the spirit of the closed ballot box...who's everyone voting for?

You need a Facebook account to vote, so no one, because I'm one of the few people who absolutely refuse to make a Facebook account. If I could vote, I'd vote for Spica since she's so useful on so many cheese teams.

Watch Liu Bei and Kaede both fail to make the cut because everyone figures that everyone else is voting for them, so they vote for other cards.

OK, PCGF questions:

If you're rolling for Pandora, I believe her rates will be higher in a godfest she's featured in. However, the PCGF has a lot of quality featured rolls so you might miss on Pandora and land something else good. No right answer on when to pull. I'd see what gets in and figure out how many of the featured ones you'd be happy to roll and then make a decision.

Quantum

You need a Facebook account to vote, so no one, because I'm one of the few people who absolutely refuse to make a Facebook account. If I could vote, I'd vote for Spica since she's so useful on so many cheese teams.

you are not alone - this, steam, xbo and ps4 are as social as my media gets.

Rough morning on the ranking dungeon. Made big improvement from ~35% to ~16% but only after like 90min of play and stoning for refills twice. Still trying to crack 10% for achievement and I'm sure I can get a crown but skyfall and opening boards keep trolling me. Had multiple runs where I started with only 3 light or dark and multiple skyfalls where none of either dropped. Immediate run killers right there.

HUGE tip for people like me who totally forgot about this setting: turn OFF Skills in the Options->Dungeon menu so you can just tap ur cards to use skills instead of also having to confirm. Saves crucial seconds.

On a positive note though I got my Re Lakshmi from lvl 1 pre-awoken to max with only 3 blue globes! 1 to max awoken form after evo and then I got a SUPER with the two I fed to Reincarnated.

Edit: I voted Kaede BTW. Seems to be a great sub and leader.

Aesnath

Pandora just seems like the thing that would be most helpful to my most competitive team. I could probably use Typhon, but I feel like Cecil is taking his slot somewhat. Yomi might also be good just for the fingers. Maybe I'm being too narrowly focused. However, I'm not really sure what else would help me build another reasonable team.

I have some really solid blue subs, but, at this point, I'm not even sure Sumire would be worth the effort, as it probably doesn't buy me alot vs. Gremory. Krishna seems like he might be fun to try and I have some OK fire subs, and I'm more familiar with the playstyle as Cecil as a similar active skill. I could also probably make a solid Hermes team. If I drew something like a kaede, I'm not even sure where I'd start making a team--my green box is a bit balls.

I guess I'm just going to have to see how it shakes out. I don't think I've logged into facebook in several years--I hate the service.

LiQuid!

Typical Thursday where all I need is 3 blue fruits and for the love of all that is good and holy in the world game please don't give me a bunch of fucking green fruits to add to my absurdly large stockpile of of because I never use them for anything...

VJMNZYd.png

RNG in this game actually makes me livid.

Typical Thursday where all I need is 3 blue fruits and for the love of all that is good and holy in the world game please don't give me a bunch of fucking green fruits to add to my absurdly large stockpile of of because I never use them for anything...

RNG in this game actually makes me livid.

this is what you get when you drag me for spending stones on box space and hoarding

well-deserved karma tbh, I may just sell them I have so many.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Didn't know today was revo day. Did shiva, didn't realize he took so much exp to max, 16 mill. Now to try and figure out which form for ilm and kanna.

Aesnath

Surprisingly, four red snowglobes got minerva most of the way there--so I still have one left!

I remembered my password for fb and voted for pandora. I'm going to try to con my wife into voting for a gremory sub as well.

Aesnath

Ronove as a sub is something that seems really bizarre to me until I remember that there is an inherit system in this game

If that is a reference to me (which I'm not sure it is), his active is really solid for Gremory. Sure, no dark orbs, but 3 turn cooldown for two hearts and often board fixing is pretty nice. He'll probably be out before I get to SI something onto him, as I'll eventually get Plum. I'll lose a finger in the end, but I'm hoping I can pull it off.

coy

I'll be doing my usual waiting game to see what are the bubble gods before placing a vote. Not rolling on my main but will on my alt in hopes of getting some good subs.

If that is a reference to me (which I'm not sure it is), his active is really solid for Gremory. Sure, no dark orbs, but 3 turn cooldown for two hearts and often board fixing is pretty nice. He'll probably be out before I get to SI something onto him, as I'll eventually get Plum. I'll lose a finger in the end, but I'm hoping I can pull it off.

farm finger latents!

Bladelaw

I'll be doing my usual waiting game to see what are the bubble gods before placing a vote. Not rolling on my main but will on my alt in hopes of getting some good subs.

The tallies aren't displayed, there's no knowing (at least at this point) if we'll get that data before voting closes.

I had my best run through the ranking dungeon, one shot everything, boards were pretty good and my combo count was higher than usual since I actually had a couple skyfalls. Still just got me only 25%. I need that 10% :(. I'm sick of Noctis. I just can't solve the boards fast enough matching 4. This sucks hard.

LiQuid!

You people are voting for GARBAGE. No wonder we got Trump!

Top Bottom