• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I haven't figured out who I'll vote for, but I'm leaning towards Paimon. Would be a great upgrade on my Myr teams and I'm not sure if he'll make it.

coy

The tallies aren't displayed, there's no knowing (at least at this point) if we'll get that data before voting closes.
Is it different this time? Like Yoda, I like the scramble but can see the benefits of keeping it blind. I'd have to put some thought into then. Probably go with a non-GFE that has a good AS for inherit.

my favorite part of the FF ranking dungeon is that they set up the mobs with just enough HP that bad noctis prongs will leave enemies with like 5% HP remaining

Climbed back to 2% again, but it won't hold. Spent too long trying to wiggle a heart prong on the last floor into place

Bladelaw

I'm torn between pushing for the 10% and just saying fuck it. This ranking dungeon has given more grief than I think a game should be giving me. My main has the 10% badge but I'd really like that extra latent tama. The flampy would be nice too but not a requirement since arena is basically on farm at this point.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay got pretty lucky skill up wise - only had 5 skillup fodder for each of the following and went.

4/5 Lightning
3/5 Yuna
3/5 Yshtola

Pretty great, might just finish them of with Piis if im not able to run FF stage more.

2/10 Cloud
x/10 Onion Knight - whatever it was, enough to max skill him.

PEM was good too. Did 50 pulls and ended up with 1 Blue Kali (based Blue Gods), Arthur (new for me) and went 2/2 on the mini RGY i pulled that max skilled him.

Her weapon drops from Collab 1 IIRC
FF1 int on 2x
It's more common than Sephiroth's Masamune for me (I skilled up 2 Y'stholas and 0 sephiroth)

Okay thanks - ill just run Int the next time the stages are on 2x. Tbh. thats what i also ran beforehand but her wepons seems quite rare, only managed to get 5 in Dozens of runs.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
About 30 rolls on each of my accounts and no bkali. I dunno why I thought maybe I'd get a bit of dumb luck, but I really should have known better.

Bladelaw

Similar number of rolls for me (93) no bkali/sakuya.

Oh well more 297's isn't a bad consolation prize. and we know it'll be back eventually so we can save all those pal point rewards.

@LiQu!d: Fully Farmable "get carried through Myr" setup: I can't make the carrier setup and probably don't have the skills to pull it off even if I did but here you go http://gl1tch3d.com/myr-carry/

Aesnath

60 rolls on the PEM, no BKali, but like four Arthurs. Finally got a few mini lu bu, but big lu bu only went 1/3 for skill up. Either way, I got 1 and 3/4 extra +297s, so I'm not complaining. Along with the other +s I have saved up, if I draw anything good on the PCGF, I should have it up and running pretty fast. Minerva might get +297 depending, but I have a lot of work to prepare the rest of my hypothetical team for her, so I may hold off.

Also, in running FF1 for terra skill-ups, I got my first S rank with hanzo in the green slot for my Gremory team. Losing the time did hurt me some, but he basically has "killer-FF1 dungeon", so it was pretty easy.

You people are voting for GARBAGE. No wonder we got Trump!

So, like what garbage did you vote for?

hermit7

Rolled a fair amount in the pan enough for 2 297 at minimum.

Plussed Cecil and need to decide who to plus aside from him. Have good options it is just choosing who I use most and who would make the best impact on teams I am using or plan too.

Jagernaut

Used up all my saved pal points. No Kali, but I got 2 Arthur and enough pluses (including +132 Puzzdroid) to make 3 +297 mules.

Bladelaw

Used up all my saved pal points. No Kali, but I got 2 Arthur and enough pluses (including +132 Puzzdroid) to make 3 +297 mules.

I don't know why but I'm saving PuzzDroid. I can always get more +'s from STTD or similar. I'm also kind of running out of things that "need" to be plussed. From here it's mostly just to make some fun teams arena capable. I need to keep telling myself to not roll in the FF collab anymore because only tears wait for me. While having a Lightning would be the next step in a perfect Ra Dragon team (only Kanna would be missing at that point). My current team is quite capable and I could inherit a laser if I really needed it.

Also not interested in BvS which looks like it's coming back after FF wraps up. At least I can use that to skill my Dragon Rider, Arthur and Ganesha.

I got knocked out of the top 10% by 140 points so far. I don't think I'm throwing any more stamina at that rage factory. I know I keep saying that but now that 4x is back I have an excuse to do something more useful with my stamina. I think I need 1 or 2 more skill ups on Avalon Drake, my second Raph needs one more skill up, Vaan and Terra need one more skill up, and Rinoa needs all the skill ups. I might try to skill my second Y'sthola too but until I know where I'd inherit her she's probably last on the list.

@LiQu!d: Fully Farmable "get carried through Myr" setup: I can't make the carrier setup and probably don't have the skills to pull it off even if I did but here you go http://gl1tch3d.com/myr-carry/

Eek, maybe I'll find someone on discord (late) tonight. I gave L+ a shot this morning with Ilm but there wasn't enough time to find the 4 combos through the blind.

Also the game isn't matching me up with random Ilms so I can't try again :(

J0dy77

Anyone have experience with Gaia dragon? I'm in the last round of one shot challenge with Myr and don't want to blow it.

Quantum

burned my pal points (all saved)

rolled ~ 120 times

enough for about 4 297 mules

1 coloring book kali
1 arthur
1 pianis (dupe)

I have never really farmed + eggs - except maybe for my first 297 - I am really trying not to do grindy farmy crap anymore to try to prevent total burn out.

I think I have 6 297 mules at this point and really have no idea what to work towards.

gungho has to figure out a new mat/sta sink that doesn't require endless farming - unless I'm the only one totally bored of it.

My guess is that they see that people aren't skilling up there monsters and pulling as much - therefor they make skilling up monsters easier (king tan).

the newer introductions (GFE/pantheons/REVOs) have all been somewhat lackluster - I think to avoid the inevitable next power creep jump.

my problem is I encourage the next jump - all mmorpg/group games suffer this, but I can see it being a HUGE problem for this game.

if the power creep gets too far away from the starting dungeons, gungho wont get newer players to pay to reach the end game - if the power creep doesn't continue they will loose their end game players because the dungeons introduced just get more complicated and contrived.

I don't have any great suggestions and hope the game can continue to refresh itself.

LuffyZoro

After 100+ rolls I got a B.Kali. About 30 after that, I got a second one. I also got two Arthurs in there, as well as about 5 +297. Not too surprising, since I've been saving PAL rewards since this was first announced in JP.

Eek, maybe I'll find someone on discord (late) tonight. I gave L+ a shot this morning with Ilm but there wasn't enough time to find the 4 combos through the blind.

Also the game isn't matching me up with random Ilms so I can't try again :(

I was bored so I tried Revo Minerva/Ilm vs Myr L+ and it was pretty easy. Look for a Minerva partner because you can stall much easier on all the light bosses. Just save Ilm for the kill shot, bring a Saria or two, and if something isn't a color you can tank like water or wood just kill it fast. I used Minerva/Saria/Saria/Rodin/Tsubaki. Rodin was a wasted pick. I thought I'd need him for the tan on floor 1 but just use Minerva's active and target the tan. Rodin wasn't up. I'd throw in another quick change like a Tsubaki. If you can't do it solo or can't find a Minerva, I can help in co-op tonight.

divusrex

No B.Kali after 120+ rolls. I got 3 Arthur's and 1 Pianos though. I'm not upset at all, considering my main is overflowing with L.Kalis and has 2 D.kalis. It's also nice to have a few 297 mules.

Bladelaw

Anyone have experience with Gaia dragon? I'm in the last round of one shot challenge with Myr and don't want to blow it.

With Myr the only real solution is burst hard, often. You want to get Gaia to near 50% HP by the time the shield wears off, then do a solid kill shot.

What subs do you have available?
If you have a Saria-->Lakechi board I'd start the round off with that, then plink away with whatever skyfall grants you then finish with a similar combo (Apoc-->DQXQ/Elia)

W-00

Rolled enough times to make 2-and-a-bit +297 mules on my main. It got trolled once when a gold egg it didn't have appeared, but it turned out to just be guan yu.

Rolled a similar amount (somewhat more, actually) on my alt, but it only has almost-2 +297 mules because I kept finding reasons to not just feed the monsters to the mules. Eight or nine lu bu? Sure, you little guys go try to skill up the big version of you, who I already +297'd! Why oh why didn't I use those original eggs on BikiniValk instead? She's already max skilled! For the record, he got two skill levels out of it. Then I decided to keep a dqxq for my alt's Sun Wukong team (and eventually for Myr, if it doesn't get the real on first) and use the other four I pulled as fodder (3 skill levels!). Decided to keep a copy each of Pianis and Arthur, just in case.

Oh, and my alt also had to keep the BKali it drew.

Well, the event isn't over. There's still time for the accounts that didn't get BKali to get more Pal Points and roll more.

I was bored so I tried Revo Minerva/Ilm vs Myr L+ and it was pretty easy. Look for a Minerva partner because you can stall much easier on all the light bosses. Just save Ilm for the kill shot, bring a Saria or two, and if something isn't a color you can tank like water or wood just kill it fast. I used Minerva/Saria/Saria/Rodin/Tsubaki. Rodin was a wasted pick. I thought I'd need him for the tan on floor 1 but just use Minerva's active and target the tan. Rodin wasn't up. I'd throw in another quick change like a Tsubaki. If you can't do it solo or can't find a Minerva, I can help in co-op tonight.

Thanks for the tips. I used a friend's ReMinerva to finally complete the small board Endless dungeon and it was pretty easy. I didn't know the pairing was a thing until I saw a Mantastic video about it being the ideal Ilm partner, so I tried it.

My current setup is Ilm/Saria/Saria/Tsubaki/Gadius, with everyone but Gadius max-skilled and Gadius needing a single red keeper for me to evolve him :( The burst damage with double Ilm leaders is -crazy- but for more defensive play I'm more than happy to play around with Minerva. I have one of my own I'm sitting on so it's nice to know I can eventually pair her with potential Ilm friends.

J0dy77

With Myr the only real solution is burst hard, often. You want to get Gaia to near 50% HP by the time the shield wears off, then do a solid kill shot.

What subs do you have available?
If you have a Saria-->Lakechi board I'd start the round off with that, then plink away with whatever skyfall grants you then finish with a similar combo (Apoc-->DQXQ/Elia)

s81Vrdw.jpg

I got through it with Zero stones. Got really lucky with the boards for the first few rounds. Having 7 turns to widdle him down and strong boards made it pretty straightforward.

I was able to match a row and activate the first two turns with no skills used. Then used wukong, fuma+Myr on the next two turns. By that time he was around 20%, finished him with apocalypse + dqxq + Venus combo to finish him off.

Still a bit shocked I was able to zero stone, felt great. Myr has definitely been there strongest lead over played in the game.

Now heres to hoping I can pull a blue Kali today.

b33r

I rolled about 60 times, got an Arthur, blue Kali, and a pianis that I kept but will probably never use. Just about finished plussing the rest of Myrs team and have a extra +297 mule.

Then I max skilled Cecil with 9 swords. It was a good morning for pad.

jay23

Got bkali after my 4th 297 so in total it took me around 132 rolls. Saving the rest of my pal points for when they add r/l sakuya. I don't think I'll ever spend pal points on enhance carnival after this.

Also gotta say I like the new pcgf voting, it eliminates some of the bs from past events with people creating fake accounts to manipulate votes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Used the Pal Points i got today from playing...

I guess that PaD ways of rewarding me for playing Blue Leads for a while. 54 pulls in total = 2 Blue Kali, nice.
I guess not given the lack of brag posts on Reddit. I just assumed Kali and Sakuya were in the same pool.

Hah okay that makes sense...because otherwise she must have been incredible rare.

divusrex

Used the Pal Points i got today from playing...

I guess that PaD ways of rewarding me for playing Blue Leads for a while. 54 pulls in total = 2 Blue Kali, nice.

Hah okay that makes sense...because otherwise she must have been incredible rare.

I think Red Sakuya will be featured the next time the event returns. We should be following JP for this PEM event. The first time Gungho did this PEM event, it only featured B.Kali. The second time it was +3 (1 in all stats) and had both B.Kali and R.Sakuya.

Didn't get bkali in my 50 rolls but honestly I'm ok with it. There are a few days left and I won't go crazy if I don't get it (would be lovely though).

Should I just use Pianis and Arthur as +egg mules then?

Currently on floor 4 of Myr before I took a break. Had to use Ronove because I don't have any friends or randoms with either Minerva or Ilm up. Maybe this is the time....

Didn't get bkali in my 50 rolls but honestly I'm ok with it. There are a few days left and I won't go crazy if I don't get it (would be lovely though).

Should I just use Pianis and Arthur as +egg mules then?

Currently on floor 4 of Myr before I took a break. Had to use Ronove because I don't have any friends or randoms with either Minerva or Ilm up. Maybe this is the time....
I have Ilm permanently up in slot 1 for the FOTM. 359,535,296

Bless your heart, I just added more friend space yesterday (I think I'm at ~120). When I'm done losing to Myr later I'll add.

My brain is still fried from the damage numbers I was seeing on a team where nobody was maxed level and there were maybe +2 stats total across all cards. Binds and skill binds are an issue though :(

I've never rolled in this Pal Machine before. What's worth keeping and why? I rolled 28 times so far and got 3 Arthurs and 2 Pianis, who I've seen mentioned. Are they good for something?

Bladelaw

I've never rolled in this Pal Machine before. What's worth keeping and why? I rolled 28 times so far and got 3 Arthurs and 2 Pianis, who I've seen mentioned. Are they good for something?

Arthur is a decent push button for things like star den
Yukari is a worse dark Super Gunma (2 turn skill cooldown) great if you don't have Jize or need to activate Anubis a lot.
The chibi 3K's are quick possible skill ups for their big brothers/sisters or active sticks if you really need it (I used chibi DQXQ on my alt's myr team for WAY too long)
If the others have uses beyond skill up fodder I don't know what it is.

Blue Kali and eventually Red Sakuya are the big ticket items being near REM level strength coming out of the Pal machine while also covering different colors for Rainbow teams.

J0dy77

t9xGCHA.jpg

Zero stone clear of one shot challenge, followed by this result of all that pal mail hoarding... Today was a good pad day.

b33r

Congrats on the Myr, it is a project but her first evo is pretty good to.

PSA: In case any of you have a lot of best friends, you can go into whatever half stamina early dungeon for 2 stamina, then just back out of it for the pal points. I just did it to mine today and got two more pulls.

Top Bottom