• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Just soloed both mion snow globe challenges with:
Izanagi/apoc/dqxq/wukong/snow globe/myr
Nice. My friend and I cooped easier one with ALB but couldn't do harder with ALB or ReLak. I just did it solo with ReLak though so it's possible. I think it's the fact that stalling for skills takes longer in coop.

Okamid3n

Myr laughed at the Mion Challenge, just like she does with everything. At this point, I'm just seeking fun new teams instead of efficient REM rolls.

So I threw one more roll at the FF machine and got Noctis. Nice! I know a lot of people dislike his playstyle, but I love it. Plus, I'm stacked with dark TPA monsters, so he's already all set.

The FF machine has been great to me.

Myr laughed at the Mion Challenge, just like she does with everything. At this point, I'm just seeking fun new teams instead of efficient REM rolls.

So I threw one more roll at the FF machine and got Noctis. Nice! I know a lot of people dislike his playstyle, but I love it. Plus, I'm stacked with dark TPA monsters, so he's already all set.

The FF machine has been great to me.
Grats!

W-00

My main had more successes than failures on Myr today, so I was able to gather enough for a 5-feed. Got three skill-ups out of it. Just five skill levels left until she's max-skilled! Then I'll just need a team for her. Come on PCGF, Myr and ADQXQ would like some friends!

Kreed

So after discovering how to do prongs properly (4 orbs exactly vs 4 or more orbs) I made it above 5% in the Final Fantasy Ranking dungeon. I just want 10%< Quest requirement so I'm hoping I can stay there after the weekend (Really wish I had taken the old/much easier ranking dungeons more seriously prior to the Quest mode).

Okamid3n

So after discovering how to do prongs properly (4 orbs exactly vs 4 or more orbs) I made it above 5% in the Final Fantasy Ranking dungeon. I just want 10%< Quest requirement so I'm hoping I can stay there after the weekend (Really wish I had taken the old/much easier ranking dungeons more seriously prior to the Quest mode).

Above 5%? You're definitely safe for sure, with a lot of room to spare. Nice score!

I'm at 8.4% and I'm confident it'll hold.

Quantum

I'm going back to lurk mode for awhile.

I think I'm just exhausted with this game. Every new dungeon and challenge is so contrived and overly difficult the end game just isn't fun for me anymore.

between burnout restarting the ff rng dependent ranking dungeon and the overly difficult "challenge" dungeons that are designed to fail I can't support this game with actual money anymore.

granted I spend a ton on gaming (on most systems I imagine) this game is demanding too much time, research and money to enjoy it.

if I had to look a little deeper into it - Gungho is so preoccupied with making money that they forgot one rule you have to follow with MMORPGs - if you want people to spend you have to give them some time at the top of the mountain before building another.

I think the last time I felt properly "geared" in this game was when awoken shiva came out - I think for about 1-2 months I felt really and appropriately challenged by this game - a skill based lead - when I failed it felt like my fault.

I don't mind being shit at a game - at least I know I can get better. EVERY new dungeon seems to be overly dependent on shit mechanics and rng rather than skill.

Spend time and money making that perfect DD team? don't bother trying this dungeon if you do more than x damage.

You now need to awaken your team to get your damage high enough - here, lets take away the awakenings.

how much time did you spend skilling your team? what you didn't buy or farm CDR? lets just add a bit of time to your skills.

smart! you have a mob that is bind immune and can heal binds - don't worry we wont give you six heal orbs in the next 4 turns.

bah - thats nothing - lets put all the requirements in one dungeon.

this isn't gaming anymore - well, I do feel like I'm being gamed - just not playing one.

you aren't wrong re: most of that honestly

I'm probably ~2 packs away from stopping my whaling mostly because of diminishing returns and that a lot of the "difficult" dungeons are kind of unfun bullshit more than anything.

Kreed

Above 5%? You're definitely safe for sure, with a lot of room to spare. Nice score!

I'm at 8.4% and I'm confident it'll hold.

Thanks. Cosmo Clock posting that combo chart definitely helped. Prior to figuring out how prongs work I was randomly matching 4 or more orbs and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the right amount of damage needed to one shot the bosses based on what Cosmo Clock posted (ex: trying to kill a boss with three combos and not even coming close with three combos because one match used 5 dark orbs instead of 4).

Jonsoncao

Banned
Still 3k short of braking the 120,000 barrier, guess no crown for me this time...

Got pissed off in the middle, YOLO'd the FF machine, got Noctis...

Bladelaw

Last rolls in the FF machine:
Main: Sephiroth(dupe)
Alt: Noctis.

Alt could use some Noctis friends
ID: 389,096,345
Also don't forget today's the last day to vote in PCGF.

EDITL I just realized my alt rolled every 6* in FF except lightning, cloud, and sephiroth. All on natural stones, where I went through a pack and a half on my main hunting for for lightning and ended up with 3 cecils and 2 sephiroths.

Great 6* luck but unfortunate rolls.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats Jon and bladelaw - some nice pulls. Wish i had gotten Noctis...his Leaderskill is really interesting.

btw.
Did two more PEM pulls and got another BKali - my 3rd BKali from 56 PEM pulls so far. Not bad.

Aesnath

I've been messing around with R. Minerva, and I like it. One thing I'm a bit curious about is why everyone is so excited about R. Minerva/Ilm compared to R.Minerva/Tsubaki. They require about the same number of light and fire orbs (8 for Tsubaki, 9 for Ilm) for full activation, R. Minerva/Tsubaki seems easier on weaker boards, with only needing 3/3 for 21x damage and 1.5 RCV. Past that, Ilm's board change is a touch on the slow side compared to Tsubaki's (higher impact though). For comparison, R. Minerva/Ilm is 60x and 2.5x RCV at full activation, while R. Minerva/Tsubaki is 52.5x and 1.5x RCV.

Just something I've noticed. Anyway, I'm still messing around with it.

Was able to max skill all 3 Vishnus before the end of earth insect dragon, but I have no idea what to do with them :(

Also I blew a stone on Nordis last week when I saw I needed it for Myr and last night I tried it with Ilm & Co. and it was brainlessly easy. And I blew about 100 stamina trying to find that dumb lightning dragon before I found out it drops in Nordis with like 2 stages evolved already...

Bladelaw

I've been messing around with R. Minerva, and I like it. One thing I'm a bit curious about is why everyone is so excited about R. Minerva/Ilm compared to R.Minerva/Tsubaki. They require about the same number of light and fire orbs (8 for Tsubaki, 9 for Ilm) for full activation, R. Minerva/Tsubaki seems easier on weaker boards, with only needing 3/3 for 21x damage and 1.5 RCV. Past that, Ilm's board change is a touch on the slow side compared to Tsubaki's (higher impact though). For comparison, R. Minerva/Ilm is 60x and 2.5x RCV at full activation, while R. Minerva/Tsubaki is 52.5x and 1.5x RCV.

Just something I've noticed. Anyway, I'm still messing around with it.
Ilm's board is a better burst and doesn't require fireworks. 2.5x RCV guarantees full recovery off a minimum of hearts.

Tsubaki is a solid pairing too for the reasons you noted, also with more Tsubaki you get haste which is nice for consistent activation.

cw_sasuke

Managed to max skill Yshtola just in time.....Lightning was 1 skill up away from may so i just used a Py. Do we know when L will get her latest upgrade in Global ? Wanna try her out.

Pretty good. 0 from 100+ pulls so far.
Stop taking my Kalis! I'm at 0/180 so far.

Thats sucks...would have been better if everyone gets at least once copy of her for free via Mail or something. Then again the event is great just because of the +eggs - so you cant be really mad.

cw_sasuke

screenshot_2016-12-12gxuao.png

lol - Kali No. 4.

RNG gonna RNG.

Bladelaw

So i bought a pack planning on rolling though till a 6* showed up. First roll was noctis. Only managed 2 skill ups before things closed up.went 0/10 at the end too.

cw_sasuke

So i bought a pack planning on rolling though till a 6* showed up. First roll was noctis. Only managed 2 skill ups before things closed up.went 0/10 at the end too.

Grats....guess you will be able to coop with your ALT now - pretty cool.

Bladelaw

C10 is... interesting.

Basically stall until everything is up, use echidna to heal up to full, orochi on Zeus, burst like hell after double gravity.

RNG can royally fuck you if you get no hearts/lights.

Bladelaw

First floor of the C9 in the latest set of challenge dungeons in JP. It is in some ways similar to the Z8 challenge floor, except you can't cheese it as easily.
So what happens if you try to stall the awakening bind with 100% dark resist? Padguide isn't super clear on when the 500% gravity hits.

hermit7

First floor of the C9 in the latest set of challenge dungeons in JP. It is in some ways similar to the Z8 challenge floor, except you can't cheese it as easily.

Can Godin cheese it? I don't have a jp account but it seems like a huge amdamage reduction attatched to a lead would do something. I don't know the rest of the dungeon however.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
C10 is like about as OG as it gets. Except that the team comp is hot garbage. You're supposed to run a heart maker with this team.

So what happens if you try to stall the awakening bind with 100% dark resist? Padguide isn't super clear on when the 500% gravity hits.
You basically get 2 turns.
Pre-empt: awakening disable, skill bind (so you are 100% guaranteed to get bound unless you bring the badge I guess)
Pre-empt part 2: 3c shield, rainbow board change
You have to do 9 or more damage here, not too difficult
Turn 1: 6c shield, another rainbow board change
Kill

Essentially you'll get blasted if you ever fail a combo challenge. The rest of the dungeon doesn't have anything you haven't seen already, but is filled with pre-empt awakening/skill binds and skill delays so you have to stall until those wear off. I died to a floor with a bunch of tamas cause I tried to push rather than wait for my delayed skills to come back

Got a 22 combo in the first challenge dungeon with Sarasvati because of skyfall, pumped out 22 million damage per card, lol

I'm pretty sure that's my all-time record, although I'd love to try some shenanigans with Acala on a big board

RT:

Dungeons with 2 skill up bosses... Why...

also I made you my best friend don't ruin this for me

also does anyone want my present? I've gotta get rid of it

jay23

Got a 22 combo in the first challenge dungeon with Sarasvati because of skyfall, pumped out 22 million damage per card, lol

I'm pretty sure that's my all-time record, although I'd love to try some shenanigans with Acala on a big board

RT:

also does anyone want my present? I've gotta get rid of it

U wanna trade presents? I still have mine

FR sent my username is esco@gaf, I'll send the present once you add me.

Also does anyone know what difficulty of Batman v Superman is best for ganesha skill ups?

Added and sent! Hopefully I can have my stuff fed to nordis by the end of the week so I can get at least the first Myr evo up and running...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh nice. I think I still have my BF if there are any other Ronald mains on here that wanna human centipede with us.

I've been thinking about retiring my Bastet cause I never use it for solo stuff anymore and I've noticed one of our BBF triangle from before the reset has stopped putting his up (I literally just use my current BFFs for pal point gains).

I don't really have anything great to replace him with tho. I've got a hyper'd Vishnu now if you're ever running him as a lead, a hyper'd Sumire, and a nearly hypered Kaede. I've also got (nearly) two completed +297's I can feed if I ever manage to pull another good leader.

Anyways, let me know if you ever need anything (goes for my previous BFFs too).

jay23

Added and sent! Hopefully I can have my stuff fed to nordis by the end of the week so I can get at least the first Myr evo up and running...

Sent

The most stamina efficient way to farm would be Expert on 2x drop days. It's even better if you find a farming partner from here or on Discord.

Thanks I'm gonna work on ganesha and nazca before 4x skill up ends. With the new SI system coming we're going to need a lot of coins.

I have 3 max-skilled Vishnus and could probably make a serviceable team with my cards. I also have 2 Sumires but only one max-skilled and I don't even want to attempt a team without the second one maxed. Waiting for the dragon caller skillup dungeons to come back for my 5 Tsubakis and Sumire.

Vish is kinda fun honestly (the wood sarasvati) but after slicing through tough dungeons unexpectedly with a janky, unleveled Ilm team I'm sort of on that train for a while. Ronald is still my most-developed team and my bread-and-butter for clears and I use him daily, especially for KotG rank grinding when my exp bar gets more than halfway full.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't really get Vishnu as a leader. I saw Dzy recommend it to people on his stream, but I don't see why. He seems like Krishna without the benefit of being tanky. So you get the great +atk, good scaling damage leader skill, and even good recovery, but not enough HP to make the recovery useful, and no way to tank big hits. Unless I'm missing something he seems kinda sub par to me.

Honestly I'm starting to think Dzy might recommend shit to people that only seems viable to him because he has a box full of hypered cards, and like fifty kaede's and ragdrags and shit. The rest of us in the trenches are trying to hobble teams together with whatever scraps Gung Ho sees fit to give us.

Anyways, both of my accounts are max stamina right now, and it's Monday, so technically I have infinite stamina, I need SO many skill ups out of this Metal Star dungeon, and there's a host of new challenges I need to finish... yet I don't feel like playing PAD right now... But if I don't play NOW I'm going to regret it tomorrow, or the next day, when I don't have infinite stamina but still want to get this crap done...

Help. I've fallen right back into that trap I nearly quit this game over.

Bladelaw

I don't really get Vishnu as a leader. I saw Dzy recommend it to people on his stream, but I don't see why. He seems like Krishna without the benefit of being tanky. So you get the great +atk, good scaling damage leader skill, and even good recovery, but not enough HP to make the recovery useful, and no way to tank big hits. Unless I'm missing something he seems kinda sub par to me.

Honestly I'm starting to think Dzy might recommend shit to people that only seems viable to him because he has a box full of hypered cards, and like fifty kaede's and ragdrags and shit. The rest of us in the trenches are trying to hobble teams together with whatever scraps Gung Ho sees fit to give us.

Anyways, both of my accounts are max stamina right now, and it's Monday, so technically I have infinite stamina, I need SO many skill ups out of this Metal Star dungeon, and there's a host of new challenges I need to finish... yet I don't feel like playing PAD right now... But if I don't play NOW I'm going to regret it tomorrow, or the next day, when I don't have infinite stamina but still want to get this crap done...

Help. I've fallen right back into that trap I nearly quit this game over.
The big thing is finding a lead that works for you. You nailed Vishnu's pros and cons. If that doesn't work for you try something else.

As far as coming up with a working team I'd focus on one team then use that team to farm skill ups for other teams. Try to have a roadmap for the team(s) you want to build toward. Also it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If it stops being fun take a break. All the skill up dungeons rotate in and out, they'll be back again.

Skilling up the three sarias I wasn't using helped inspire to finish an ilm team, which helped farm nordis and get me down a path to Myr

So I guess I'm sort of sold on the idea that you skill up whatever you can and then build around it, since leveling/evoing is typically much less painful than skilling. Then again I did whale somewhat hard for a few months so I have a lot to play around with...

Sadly the only thing to skill at the moment is Castor.

Bladelaw

Star den is today. My time block is 9pm US East I'll be running all hour (need that 297 badge I guess). Any partners just bring 7SB and a red row lead. I'm working on getting it down to 0SB but the REM isn't hooking me up with that spare Vritra yet.

Aesnath

For real. Has anyone seen minerva's skill up on fire & dark metallic dragons? It is supposed to be a rare invade, but it seems really rare, as I've spent all day yesterday and a bar of stamina today looking for it. Is there a particular difficulty that makes it more likely to invade? Does it actually invade?

This feels like an absolute waste of time and stamina.

Top Bottom