• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

For real. Has anyone seen minerva's skill up on fire & dark metallic dragons? It is supposed to be a rare invade, but it seems really rare, as I've spent all day yesterday and a bar of stamina today looking for it. Is there a particular difficulty that makes it more likely to invade? Does it actually invade?

This feels like an absolute waste of time and stamina.

This is anecdotal but I have better invade luck on higher difficulties. I'm only interested in boss drops from there so I'm only running myth coop and I've seen it spawn a couple times. That said, Minerva needs few enough skill ups that I'd py her if you're not willing to wait for NA to get the skill up update. Having to evo the skill up is a pain in the ass in terms of managing box space.

Aesnath

This is anecdotal but I have better invade luck on higher difficulties. I'm only interested in boss drops from there so I'm only running myth coop and I've seen it spawn a couple times. That said, Minerva needs few enough skill ups that I'd py her if you're not willing to wait for NA to get the skill up update. Having to evo the skill up is a pain in the ass in terms of managing box space.

Thanks, I've been trying to be stamina efficient, so I've run a lot of lower difficulty. However, I ran Master quite a bit with no luck. Also, I didn't realize I needed to evo the thing, that does suck. I think I have a couple of flampys laying around. However, I am basically hording py as I can't run arena yet, so I'm always unsure of what is an appropriate expenditure (unless there is literally no skill up, that makes the decision easier).

Bladelaw

Thanks, I've been trying to be stamina efficient, so I've run a lot of lower difficulty. However, I ran Master quite a bit with no luck. Also, I didn't realize I needed to evo the thing, that does suck. I think I have a couple of flampys laying around. However, I am basically hording py as I can't run arena yet, so I'm always unsure of what is an appropriate expenditure (unless there is literally no skill up, that makes the decision easier).
My advice in this specific instance is determine if having her max skilled will provide an immediate measurable benefit to a team you have right now. If so, Py her. Otherwise farm things like rare monster infestation and horde the four you'll need to max skill her once the tan update hits. Unless you need other drops out of the fire/dark Dragons.

Jagernaut

For real. Has anyone seen minerva's skill up on fire & dark metallic dragons? It is supposed to be a rare invade, but it seems really rare, as I've spent all day yesterday and a bar of stamina today looking for it. Is there a particular difficulty that makes it more likely to invade? Does it actually invade?

I wouldn't bother with it, just use 2 flampys to max skill her.

hermit7

Star den is today. My time block is 9pm US East I'll be running all hour (need that 297 badge I guess). Any partners just bring 7SB and a red row lead. I'm working on getting it down to 0SB but the REM isn't hooking me up with that spare Vritra yet.

How many plusses do you typically get farming for an hour?

Bladelaw

How many plusses do you typically get farming for an hour?

Usually a little over 2, 297's 1 from the +6's and one from the random plusses that drop. It costs me 2-3 stones to run depending on how I've managed my stamina. I've gotten much more proactive about 297'ing things while also trying to maintain an inventory in the event I roll something nice or a farm team requires full 297's (Only reason Jorm is hyper is farming SDR)

I'm keeping three in my pocket for Ra Dragons Uevo (for the rest of the team I never hypered since I didn't need to)

So i got my Light Keeper and evolved Ilm. What are the best subs for her ?
You need lots of fire and lights and a bind clear (maybe a shield)

Saria, Tsubaki, Kiriko Another (as an inherit skill), more Ilm, AnaValk, Tifa, Vaan, Wedding Gadius (or normal, you need something that can clear binds), Terra. Awoken Indra for Haste, normal if not needed,

If I had to make a no dupe team I'd run
Ilm, Saria, Wedding Gadius, Tifa/Awoken Apollo, Awoken Indra

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just tried out - Ilm, Apollo, Wukong, Saria, Raphael, Ilm - pretty cool team sinc eall units are max skilled, damage potential is also crazy. Need to max level Ilm, Saria and co. though.

Why do people want Arthur? I got a few and fed them. I kept one just to have in case I missed something.

Useful stats/active when it came out ? The unit is a bit older so powercreep makes him less impressive...but for a free pull, it was a nice one to have years ago.

Still haven't decided what to do for my Ilm. I guess I can use her leader version? I do have 2 Sarias, 2 Wukongs, and Wedding Gadius. Need to look over my light box again.

cw_sasuke

Still haven't decided what to do for my Ilm. I guess I can use her leader version? I do have 2 Sarias, 2 Wukongs, and Wedding Gadius. Need to look over my light box again.

With those subs you absolutely should give him a shot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I've been farming Silk, Sheen and Castor skill ups on the mythical difficulty and I've gotten about 5 of the red keepers so far after 2 full stamina bar farming seshes yesterday. I wouldn't ever farm invades on lower difficulties.

hermit7

Usually a little over 2, 297's 1 from the +6's and one from the random plusses that drop. It costs me 2-3 stones to run depending on how I've managed my stamina. I've gotten much more proactive about 297'ing things while also trying to maintain an inventory in the event I roll something nice or a farm team requires full 297's (Only reason Jorm is hyper is farming SDR)

I'm keeping three in my pocket for Ra Dragons Uevo (for the rest of the team I never hypered since I didn't need

I haven't ever really farmed plusses wholly. A little here and there to finish teams, but I have been working on getting a few more for things I have forgotten about. Ra dra is about done, I need about 100 more or so before I have the team wholly maxed I just need a burst option (no kanna) and I would be solid.

Bladelaw

I haven't ever really farmed plusses wholly. A little here and there to finish teams, but I have been working on getting a few more for things I have forgotten about. Ra dra is about done, I need about 100 more or so before I have the team wholly maxed I just need a burst option (no kanna) and I would be solid.

I'm going to use Sheen or Facet inherited on Ariel for burst. It should spike harder than Kanna even though I lose her glorious 4th TPA.

Aesnath

I've been farming Silk, Sheen and Castor skill ups on the mythical difficulty and I've gotten about 5 of the red keepers so far after 2 full stamina bar farming seshes yesterday. I wouldn't ever farm invades on lower difficulties.

It has been hard for me to determine what things are impacted by difficulty and what things are not. I figured (incorrectly, I suppose), that invades would be similar across each difficulty. Bah, I figure I want at least a few to "grow on", so I'll probably be running mythical tonight. Notably, I have no need of any other skill-ups, which makes the whole thing disappointing.

b33r

Finished the challenge dungeons finally, 8 was a bitch like most non awakening dungeons, 9 was easy, and fuck 10. I used a stone on Zeus 2nd time through it because I didn't want to ever try it again. Was anyone able to no stone it?

Bladelaw

Finished the challenge dungeons finally, 8 was a bitch like most non awakening dungeons, 9 was easy, and fuck 10. I used a stone on Zeus 2nd time through it because I didn't want to ever try it again. Was anyone able to no stone it?
I was in self coop. The extra HP gives you a small chance to eat one attack before getting wrecked so I had 2 orochi cycles to work with. Took three tries.

b33r

I was in self coop. The extra HP gives you a small chance to eat one attack before getting wrecked so I had 2 orochi cycles to work with. Took three tries.

Oh yeah I could see it in co-op, still probably difficult. I just wonder if it's even possible solo.

Edit: Found a video of a solo no stone clear. https://youtu.be/9jTwZi_4EOw He had some nice sky fall luck near the end, but this method looks pretty doable.

Jesus, where did you stall for skills? I only tried the dungeon one in co-op and did okay, and once solo and had an impossible first board and died.

Bladelaw

Jesus, where did you stall for skills? I only tried the dungeon one in co-op and did okay, and once solo and had an impossible first board and died.

Floor 2, kill the light mask first, then the mystic mask, then stall forever. Get rid of lights when your light subs are bound to keep stalling. Heart troll can end a run. Once everything is up pop Menace, heal up, save lights and kill. One shot floor 3 (needs five lights +combos at full HP). Pop the second Menace on FL4 and hit hard every turn. Light troll here also ends a run. On Zeus, Pop Orochi, and if the board is favorable, Verche+Valk. Combo hard. Repeat on Player 2, then just do damage when you can. If Zeus gets to take a shot and doesn't kill you (1/3 chance I think), then Orochi again, heal up and you get one last Verche+Valk burst. It's a fair amount of luck but the stamina discount and not having to clear it twice were strong incentives.

b33r

Just tried the Meri and new Neptune Dragon pairing in arena. It's really really good. Can cheese Sopdet with Nep, has plenty of hit points, tons of damage, and can heal to full off of 3 hearts and a few combos.

I may buy Neptune Dragon in NA if I don't get lucky with a Meri in the heroine rem.

I need to make a button team :/

I have goemon, awoken ra, and anji but none are skilled at all and I'm not sure what else of the hundreds of cards I have that does true damage or functions as a button. I think I have some poison cards from the last Batman collab but I'm not sure that's good enough. I need red odin :(

Bladelaw

I have goemon, awoken ra, and anji but none are skilled at all and I'm not sure what else of the hundreds of cards I have that does true damage or functions as a button. I think I have some poison cards from the last Batman collab but I'm not sure that's good enough. I need red odin :(

With enough skill boosts anything is possible.
My farmable Star Den team followed the Reddit template till I was able to fill in blanks gradually.

Goemon, Betelgeuse, Devil Fish, Devil Fish, Devil Fish can work with as few as 13 skill ups if Goemon is max skilled.

Devil Fishes can be farmed in Mephisto Descended (available today! Just watch out for Dark then God type binds). The Devil Fish can be replaced By either Vritra, Rodin, Rodin Tamazo, or Tengu holding Vritra to further reduced skill boost requirements, Betelgeuse can be replaced by any button that can do 15k damage to all (the enhance is helpful/required if the team isn't hypermaxed though). Goemon can be replaced by Yamato/Awoken Cao Cao, Rodin on 1 side (goemon needs to be available turn 1) to further reduce skill boost requirements. Rodin/DevilFish/Vritra can also be replaced by a hypered Rodin Tamazo (must have max level and +99ATK)

My team is currently Beach Goemon, Betelgeuse, Rodin, Awoken Vritra, Devil Fish. I'll be replacing the Devilfish with Rodin Tamazo when I get enough XP to throw at it. Which should mean I won't need the enhance anymore to kill the blue devils.

Bladelaw

I find the concept of farming for the express purpose that you can farm some more to be a ludicrous proposition

I try to make the boring stuff as mindless as possible so I can get back to doing the fun stuff faster. A little pain now goes a long way (Farming Dios so I could max skill a Myr being the best example I have)

With Star Den only open for an hour that means (for me) trying to get in as many runs as possible during a given timeslot. A Button team maximizes the runs per hour I can fit in. This yields me more +'s so I can hyper teams sooner. Farming SDR's is pretty much the only boring thing I farm that still requires a little bit of thought (matching around locked orbs).

Hell getting Mathena off the ground and farming arena took a fair amount of effort and that's paid off handsomely.

At this point in the game for me there's four things I can be doing at any one time:
Farm (skill ups, evo mats, stones via challenge mode)
Challenge Dungeons (current set completed day one)
Arena(s). Arena is a little stamina heavy for me most of the time (unless I find a Mathena Partner to consistently run with. Finding DC folks is a pain.)
Team Build: I have a ton of fun finding workarounds for a dungeon's mechanics to make up for my less than reco skill level. Then there's just teams together for variety's sake.

Farming is the least fun thing to do and with the skill revamp coming I won't be doing it nearly as much. +'s are still super important for Arena and new dungeons so I'll continue
farming STTD as often as I'm able.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

You fucked up not skilling your Anji. It's the best button card on the planet and I wish I had more maxed out. Next time Kenshin collab rolls around I will not sleep until I have a full team of them on both accts.

You fucked up not skilling your Anji. It's the best button card on the planet and I wish I had more maxed out. Next time Kenshin collab rolls around I will not sleep until I have a full team of them on both accts.
Is this because it mixes a 100% defense reduction and damage on his active?

^ yes, and the armor reduction carries over to next floor iirc.

anyway,

yVX3OB4.jpg

I have a lot more free box space now.

cw_sasuke

So io wanna invest in a Rainbow Leader to shake things up a bit - i have Ronove but he is still more of a cross-heart leader for me.

Lightning vs. Yuna - which one is the better leader ? I like about Yuna that she brings a bunch TE and you can active her max LS from pretty much every board. Damage is kinda lacking compared to Lightning (from what i played), also no boost on RCV or HP.

So from what i tried Lightning seems straight up better - any scenario in which Yuna would be the better lead ?

For Lightning i just wish we i had more useful subs with Row Awakenings.
They finally updated the game to work on Pixel phones!
How I feel right now:
https://youtu.be/H4NODzsKYyU

Welcome Back - still boggles my mind how long those update fixes take.

Bladelaw

Yay I can get a Pixel now!

Also how well does the game run on it? I'm using and OG Droid Turbo and it gets real chunky on things like the final stage of FF1 (vs Kefka in the snow) and if there's a full enhanced board. I've been interested in a pixel for a while now but not being able to play PAD turned out to be a serious consideration.

It's fine for me so far. I didn't do anything intensive though.

It isn't full screen on the regular Pixel. I have black borders on the side

Yay I can get a Pixel now!

Also how well does the game run on it? I'm using and OG Droid Turbo and it gets real chunky on things like the final stage of FF1 (vs Kefka in the snow) and if there's a full enhanced board. I've been interested in a pixel for a while now but not being able to play PAD turned out to be a serious consideration.
I hadn't heard about Pixel until now so I checked the specs. I have a Turbo too and the Pixel has 1 more GB of RAM but 1.1Ghz less CPU power. Still interested to know how it actually performs but specs would suggest worse. Unless your Turbo has its own problems, mine handled Kefka fine IIRC.

Bladelaw

I hadn't heard about Pixel until now so I checked the specs. I have a Turbo too and the Pixel has 1 more GB of RAM but 1.1Ghz less CPU power. Still interested to know how it actually performs but specs would suggest worse. Unless your Turbo has its own problems, mine handled Kefka fine IIRC.

Here's the stats I'm running with for the Pixel. Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
(MSM8996 Pro AB)

2x Kryo @ 2.15GHz
2x Kryo @ 1.59GHz
Adreno 530 @ 624MHz

and for the Turbo APQ8084 2.7GHz Snapdragon 805 with 4 x Krait 450 + Adreno 420

Newer architecture means better performance in fewer cycles, it's also more power efficient. The extra RAM is also a nice boost. I think the FF dungeon is particularly bad because there's two custom tracks and a visually intense (for PAD anyway) background. I'm probably running too low on storage so there isn't much swap space which might be part of the problem? I'm not sure but I do know that a clean Android device with guaranteed 2 years worth of updates and solid battery life is something I want.

In PAD news:
I'm also working on my STTD team so I don't need my partner to bring any skill boosts. I'm almost there. The current team is posted above and requires 7 Skill boosts to get off the ground and a solution to a first floor ice ogre. I'm using Rodin Tamazo to fill in two skill boosts and drop the devil fish. I can put Vritra on a Tengu to gain two more skill boosts, finally if I don't need an enhance I can slide a button onto another tengu to buy 3 more skill boosts. This puts me over the edge without any help from player two.

It would look something like this:
Beach Goemon (2SB)
Tengu(A. Ra or something) (4SB)
Rodin (3 SB)
Tamazo Rodin (2 SB) <--needs to be max level and +99ATK will do JUST enough damage to clear any floor, might also need 1 ATK latent.
Tengu (A. Vritra) (4SB)

This gives me 15 Skill Boosts which is exactly what's needed to get Rodin and Tamazo up on turn 1. The only question after this is will there be enough damage on the board to kill the Water Devil with a full unenhanced board. The odds of entering floor 1 with no reds (any natural reds would be enhanced thanks to Tamazo) is crazy slim but given how many runs of this I do I'd like to know for sure.

Aesnath

Well the minerva team is a bit silly at times. I realized that, with dual minerva leaders, there are some stages that practically can't kill you. So, I fed my spare +297s to some goblins for safekeeping and S ranked metallic dragon and BatsVSupes. You do have to watch out for poison as a word of warning.

Wow what a great stat boost from inherit

Do we know how the bonuses are factored in? Is based on the assist card or the base card? Are pluses helpful anywhere?

Do we know how the bonuses are factored in? Is based on the assist card or the base card? Are pluses helpful anywhere?
From what I can tell, the assist card must be the same element, the bonus is calculated based on the base stats of the assist card without +eggs or awakenings factored in (idk why, seems like easy pickings for GH to get more people to grind). The donated stats appear to be
HP / 10
ATK / 20
RCV / 6.67

Top Bottom