• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

If this was the Pixel Phone by Apple it would have been fixed in two days.

Well there's a good reason for that. iOS is the large majority of the $$$ Gungho makes on the App. Android will always be secondary and even more so, specific android phone fixes.

Okamid3n

Finally got an ALB team ready to farm for skill delay resist, so I go try the special descended rush...

...8 tries later, still no SDR. Starting to think the event isn't on and I misread. I try one last round for the night, I get one!!!

I wake up this morning, do 4 runs, get 3 SDR. That RNG sometimes...

Fire & Dark Metallic Star Dragons is frustrating.

Not difficult but annoying dungeon with lots of blinds, and spending more than an hour's worth of stamina on the chance you might get the drop you need to have another chance to skill up one of your two castors. I spent about an hour last night wasting stamina with the few people I could find to run the dungeon and got exactly zero skillups :(

Zeus-Dios may need lots of skillups but at least the dungeon is button-able and the drop is guaranteed.

Took Ilm through C9 with the only real troublesome floor being Zhou Yu. Turns out having infinity orbs to work with makes that kind of leader skill really good!

Bladelaw

Not difficult but annoying dungeon with lots of blinds, and spending more than an hour's worth of stamina on the chance you might get the drop you need to have another chance to skill up one of your two castors. I spent about an hour last night wasting stamina with the few people I could find to run the dungeon and got exactly zero skillups :(

Zeus-Dios may need lots of skillups but at least the dungeon is button-able and the drop is guaranteed.

Let me know if you want to run this. I have an Antares that needs a few skill ups.

I might tonight but it would be late, I get home around 10:30-11PM ET. I just sit around with discord open waiting for someone with a compatible lead.

Also what's the best way to get Elia, just wait for an invade event? I don't think I'm capable of running the Myth+ God Rush and I'm not sure I'm willing to drop the 99 stamina to try (the money isn't an issue).

I hope so... I'm scared of the damage numbers on God Rush (lots would one-shot me even with heart cross) and I don't see any other way to finish Myr :(

the others I can take care of reasonably easily, it's just Elia that's confusing me.

Bladelaw

I might tonight but it would be late, I get home around 10:30-11PM ET. I just sit around with discord open waiting for someone with a compatible lead.

Also what's the best way to get Elia, just wait for an invade event? I don't think I'm capable of running the Myth+ God Rush and I'm not sure I'm willing to drop the 99 stamina to try (the money isn't an issue).

That's fine, my kids are in bed at that point so I'm free. Myth+ god rush is ALB compatible, mostly braindead too. Straitos' combo shield is the only hiccup but there's plenty of solutions to it (I have most/all of them if you just need one for Myr). You can also clear is the normal way. Just bring a ton of damage and a shield for Dios pre-empt if you don't clear the HP threshold.

Kreed

Well there's a good reason for that. iOS is the large majority of the $$$ Gungho makes on the App. Android will always be secondary and even more so, specific android phone fixes.

Right, but "still boggles my mind how long those update fixes take." in regards to the Pixel makes it sound like Gungho is slow with updates in general, which isn't the case for the reasons you listed. In this situation the Pixel is running a custom version of Android, so as you said, there's even less urgency on Gungho's part to fix it than normal Android updates.

That's fine, my kids are in bed at that point so I'm free. Myth+ god rush is ALB compatible, mostly braindead too. Straitos' combo shield is the only hiccup but there's plenty of solutions to it (I have most/all of them if you just need one for Myr). You can also clear is the normal way. Just bring a ton of damage and a shield for Dios pre-empt if you don't clear the HP threshold.

Thanks, I'll post here or ping you on discord or something if you're still interested.

I don't have an ALB (I do have Perseus and Australis, neither hypered) and I have a somewhat-skilled Avvy Drake for combo shields. I don't have a max-skilled Zeus-Dios so he's off my ALB co-op team, which right now is Perseus(L)/Verdandi/Australis/Osiris(for the green-making)/Avalon Drake. I'm not sure I'd be able to punch through 10 million HP, which is the issue. I know for sure I can't do that with Ronove unless skyfall blesses me something fierce.

Zero_IYAD

Right, but "still boggles my mind how long those update fixes take." in regards to the Pixel makes it sound like Gungho is slow with updates in general, which isn't the case for the reasons you listed. In this situation the Pixel is running a custom version of Android, so as you said, there's even less urgency on Gungho's part to fix it than normal Android updates.
Pixel phones aren't running a 'custom' version of Android. They're simply running the 'latest' version!
It's pure lazy of GungHo not to update their game fast enough, Android 7.0.1 has been out for a good 2 months now, & we even got 7.1.1 a few weeks ago thanks to Google's direct stock Android direct updates. Thankfully today's PAD update made it functional on both versions.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

As I mentioned before the double boss aspect to this dungeon fucking sucks, and it's the only time in this Metal Star Dragon rotation that you can get Castor skill ups (I have 2 myself, one is nearly maxed finally). I wish you could know the ease of co-oping it with Krishna tho. Even with only 1 Krishna it's such an easy dungeon and the blinds are trivial because I use an active almost every floor anyways. I can't even imagine doing that garbage drungeon solo, and with a leader that actually requires skilled comboing.

Bladelaw

Thanks, I'll post here or ping you on discord or something if you're still interested.

I don't have an ALB (I do have Perseus and Australis, neither hypered) and I have a somewhat-skilled Avvy Drake for combo shields. I don't have a max-skilled Zeus-Dios so he's off my ALB co-op team, which right now is Perseus(L)/Verdandi/Australis/Osiris(for the green-making)/Avalon Drake. I'm not sure I'd be able to punch through 10 million HP, which is the issue. I know for sure I can't do that with Ronove unless skyfall blesses me something fierce.

How many turns does your Dios need to be available? I'll be bringing 12 skill boosts.

My team: ALB, Dios, Dios, Tengu (Chad/Vaan), Spica
Your Team: Perseus, Verd, Aus, Osiris, Drake

For Straitos and Elia I can take care of them. Perseus is fine as long as he's max level. I'll make sure to hang on to stamina for that tonight.
Here's the strategy: You're A I'm B
FL1: A: Australis
FL2: B: ALB
FL3: A: Verdandi, the heal is helpful if Beelz is the next spawn, fix with Osiris if necessary
FL4: B: Spica (Holds Australis)
FL5: A: If HP > 22k eat the hit else Pass, B: Dios+Double row board, pass back if we couldn't eat the hit, make the easy 6 combo board.
FL6: A: Pass if not used in previous floor, B: Dios

hermit7

One stoned challenge 10.

Got to the 4th floor and delayed. Killed the one and got hit with double strike. Was at ~20 percent and I had all my skills so I popped a stone.

Got to Zeus, had 2 turns so I popped verche and comboed.

Delayed with orochi, popped both Zeus and comboed until I was on the last turn. Popped valk on the final turn for the kill.

Fun dungeon overall, reminds me of grinding Hera for an hour with Godin and Amaterasu.

Jagernaut

Players Choice Godfest

[Duration]: 12/16 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 12/18 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
It was a thrillingly close competition, but the Player’s Choice Godfest Lineup has at long last been decided!
For this Player's Choice Godfest, Gods and Godfest Exclusives featured in the Top 25 lineup are available at 4x Rates and appear at max level! During this Godfest, all Monsters from the Rare Egg Machine will also have +44 to either their HP, ATK, or RCV stat. During the Player’s Choice Godfest, this +44 stat bonus applies to characters pulled from the DC Universe Egg Machine as well!

1 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede

2 Evil Duchess, Gremory

3 Goddess of Power, Kali

4 Acala

5 Liu Bei

6 Eschamali

7 White Beast Demon, Ilm

8 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao

9 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna

10 Krishna

11 Sun Wukong

12 Sherias Roots

13 Pandora

14 Isis

15 Great Earl of Hell, Ronove

16 Sanada Yukimura

17 Akechi Mitsuhide

18 Sacred King of Hell, Paimon

19 Phantom God, Odin

20 Andromeda

21 Red Angel, Rozuel

22 Ra

23 Viper Orochi

24 Scheat

25 Great Duke of Hell, Dantalion

Sorry blade, got home late

can reschedule if you'd like, it's not a big deal.

Zeus-Dios only has a level 5 skill (after feeding 12 skillups a few days ago), so with Perseus/Verdandi/Australis/ZD/AvDrake I would need something like 17 turns to get his active up, which is bad.

Bladelaw

Sorry blade, got home late

can reschedule if you'd like, it's not a big deal.

Zeus-Dios only has a level 5 skill (after feeding 12 skillups a few days ago), so with Perseus/Verdandi/Australis/ZD/AvDrake I would need something like 17 turns to get his active up, which is bad.
No worries. Elia isn't going anywhere.

oops ok sorry, I got antsy and saw if I could solo it and thought it was a Rogue (because it was listed as Myth+), forgot that the first boss absorbs fire, tried with my Ilm crew and got slaughtered

Then did it with Ronove and it was strangely easy and I got oodles of rank xp for it along with Elia.

Thanks again, now I have all the pieces but need to evolve them.

...and I still have no idea what subs would work for Myr besides anything that creates light and/or heart orbs, which I don't have too much of.

W-00

That's a nice list. Fewer cards that I already have than I expected (8 for my main, four for my alt, and it would welcome dupes of two of them). My main would like 14 cards from that list, while my alt wants 18.

EDIT: Wait, Rodin? Not Grodin? Why? Well, -1 to both desired counts.

Preparing myself to not draw any of them, and trying to decide when to cut my losses and save the remainder for the Heroine REM.

...and I still have no idea what subs would work for Myr besides anything that creates light and/or heart orbs, which I don't have too much of.

In the PCGF, the ones to hope for would be DQXQ, Sun Wukong, Paimon, and Kanna.

^^ none of which I have! Honestly I might buy another pack and have this PCGF be my whaling sendoff with a ton of rolls each day.

Of the list I want a lot:

Kaede
Gremory
Liu Bei
Eschamali
Ilm (dupe, for subbing purposes)
DQXQ
Kanna
Krishna
Sun Wukong
Paimon
ROdin
Andromeda
Ra (dupes for buttoning)
Viper O.
Scheat
Dantalion

everything else I have or don't need multiples of at the moment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The ones i need/want from the PCGF are:

Kaede
Acala
DKali
and maybe Scheat.

So yeah pretty lackluster for me - Skuld not making it in is a bummer.

Will probably have enough stones for 3-4 pulls.

W-00

Since we're posting lists of what we want from PCGF...

My main wants:
Kaede
Gremory
Acala
Eschamali
Ilm
Kanna
Krishna
Sun Wukong
Sanada
A third Akechi (for when he gets his Awoken)
Paimon
Andromeda
Dantalion

My alt would like all of those (except Sun Wukong) plus:
Liu Bei
DQXQ
Pandora
Orochi
Scheat

I'll have a good number of stones available for it (~100 on my main and ~60 on my alt), but I don't know how much I actually want to risk on it. My alt may have to go all-in for the sake of getting Liu Bei while plenty of dark cards are available (thank you, Dark Gala, please be nice). My main might actually have to hold back, since other than the Myr subs none of them would actually be immediately useful and would be more in the "nice to have" category.

unrealist

After a year .. have nothing I want from PCGF .. I already have 5 Kaedes .. regrettably I spent a lot on this game :( Just need one more DKali (this is really a tough one) for RaDrag team..

I would exchange my money back in a heartbeat seeing how fast the meta changes

unrealist

I am not a very good player so you can take my words with a pinch of salt added .. I find Kaede to very good but not as good as everyone described.. she cannot be used in No Dupes / All Attributes descends .. she can be binded (bound?) which can be frustrating and I often have to fit a bind clearer in the team ..

But when the system team works .. it is ridiculously OP (usually 2 wood TPAs + heart cross can kill most stuff) ..

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
v86HhF6.gif

PCGF have all of my stones! I expect nothing in return. To merely gaze upon that list of greatness has been reward enough!

raiot

v86HhF6.gif

PCGF have all of my stones! I expect nothing in return. To merely gaze upon that list of greatness has been reward enough!

Braze yourself for major disappointment!
This list is deceptive, because all the 6* GFE on the list have a VERY, VERY low rate and there are only a few pantheon god cards. Those will have the boosted rates, but they are far to few to make an impact. Expect 30% silver eggs and completly random pulls from different pantheon gods...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah the chance to get trolled during PCGF is quite high unless you have a relatively fresh account or are missing almost all featured units.Will have 15 stones tomorrows - so 3 pulls from me.

Also last day to get Blue Kali and PEM +eggs - best of luck for everyone who still pulls for her.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kaede and Isis. That's all I want. I don't even want to be greedy and ask for 2 Kaedes for my Ronove dream team. Just let me START building my team. :|

raiot

Don't roll for a 6* GFE, EVER.
That's the golden rule of PaD. If all you want from this PCGF is Isis and Kaede, you should probably skip it...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't roll for a 6* GFE, EVER.
That's the golden rule of PaD. If all you want from this PCGF is Isis and Kaede, you should probably skip it...

I mean, yeah, I know. But we can all dream, right?

Also, of the featured cards, I could make use of 17 of them. So...If I hit ANY PCGF egg, I'd be happy. We'll see. Don't know if I want to spend more money on PAD right now, but who knows.

Bladelaw

I can probably make use of almost anything in that list, Liu Bei is probably the only dupe I'd be upset to get (4 is enough). I'm missing 10/25 so I'm not expecting a huge hit rate. Given it's going to be dark gala I'm holding out hope that I pull Nobunaga as he'd be a solid bind clear option to have available.

Well here's my wishlist:
Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
Evil Duchess, Gremory
Acala
Eschamali
White Beast Demon, Ilm
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
Sun Wukong
Sherias Roots
Pandora
Isis (only to have a spare for her inevitable Revo)
Great Earl of Hell, Ronove
Sanada Yukimura
Akechi Mitsuhide
Sacred King of Hell, Paimon
Phantom God, Odin
Red Angel, Rozuel
Viper Orochi
Great Duke of Hell, Dantalion

Bolds are my most wanted.

Aesnath

So it is nearly 1/2 6* GFEs. Kind of a bummer, but everyone sort of prepared me for it. On the bright side, the 5*s all seem pretty solid.

Obviously, I really want Pandora, but I'd be pretty happy with a Krishna, Akechi (my 2nd), Acala, or maybe even a Ra. It would give me some stuff to mess around with at any rate. I'm not counting 6*s, cause that seems like a pipe dream.

While we are at it, how did scheat make it in? She was my first 6* and I've been rather unimpressed with her. She isn't a good leader and her really low attack minimizes the value of all of those TPAs. Her active is pretty solid, but it breaks hearts, which seems like a significant drawback currently.

EDIT: just saw the Xmas update. Seems generally kind of lame, but we might get a free roll, so everything isn't so bad. Also, Red Gremory having access to god and devil seems like it could broaden her sub pool considerably. Sure, no one is going to roll her, but still.

I'll have a good number of stones available for it (~100 on my main and ~60 on my alt), but I don't know how much I actually want to risk on it. My alt may have to go all-in for the sake of getting Liu Bei while plenty of dark cards are available (thank you, Dark Gala, please be nice). My main might actually have to hold back, since other than the Myr subs none of them would actually be immediately useful and would be more in the "nice to have" category.

Is the dark gala going to be happening at the same time? If so, that makes me feel a little bit better about rolling on this thing.

J0dy77

I have to give Gungho credit on the iOS side, the updates have been quick and the client very very stable. After playing other gacha games and dealing with a lot of crashing I'm happy the team supports PAD so well. That said, I've had a pain in the ass issue with my iPhone 7 that keeps blurring the graphics every once in awhile that forces me to restart my phone to fix. Only issue I've ever had in 4 years of playing. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Good selection, could use 19/25 of the list, ready to roll none of them

I've been lucky enough to have most of the key pulls on the list. I have 16 of the 25 and most of the 9 are lesser cards I'm not crazy about. At this point, I'm looking for key subs and dupes for inherits. I'll throw a couple pulls at the event but expecting dupes. Really want Kanna but I know I'm not pulling her. My biggest want right now is apocalypse and he's not even on the list.

I was planning to roll a bunch but have 11 of the 25 so now I'm not so sure.

BTW anyone have Acala and use her a lot? I'd like to try her out but she never shows up as a friend leader when I make a team for her. My ID is 367,983,353.

I can use probably pretty much anything from the PCGF list except for a 3rd Wukong or Orochi.

Which means I'll probably get a 3rd Wukong or Orochi.

I was planning to roll a bunch but have 11 of the 25 so now I'm not so sure.

BTW anyone have Acala and use her a lot? I'd like to try her out but she never shows up as a friend leader when I make a team for her. My ID is 367,983,353.

I have Acala but don't use her for that reason (also, her playstyle generates more nerves than heart cross)

Bladelaw

Once you remove the eleven 6*s, there's only 5 out of 14 that I want.

Feels like a trap.

It's always a trap, it's just a question of how tempting the bait is.

I planned on burning a pack on FF but pulled Noctis on the first roll so I'll probably be throwing ~10 rolls at this GF and praying for DQXQ, Ronove, or Kanna.

EDIT I just realized I'm sitting on a near perfect Acala team sans Acala.
Acala, Verd, Verd, <bind clear>, Verd Fixer

Bind clear options everywhere in my box: Ceres (Ana, Revo, or G/D), Godin, Godin Tamazo (those OE's), ALB (Breaks Verd's hearts too), Revo Parvati
Verd Fixer: Spica, ALB, Vishnu (probably better inherited on someone)

I'd be pretty happy with that pull.

coy

I'm really gonna miss this PEM.

Anyways, the PCGF looks good for my alt. Have 12/25 but mainly want Dantalion, Sanada, or Ilm (and of course Kaede). I've got 30 pulls to make this happen. I've got a few rolls on my main but only want Andromeda or Krishna.

Top Bottom