• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Aesnath

I'm not sure how all of these increased rate things work, but since Pandora is in the PCGF and the dark gala, will she have a functionally higher than usual rate? Like does it decide if you are on the GF list (4x chance Pandora), if not then gala (2x chance Pandora), then rando other stuff (1x chance Pandora)? Or does the 4x just override the gala chance?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My 2 PEM pulls this morning were both gold! Golds are super rare out of this PEM. I got super excited when I saw the new card animation but it was just a Pianist :(

This PCGF still counts as a regular-ass godfest right? Will there be the typical increased rates on non-featured GFE's like normal? So like even if Zuoh didn't get voted in, can he still technically appear?

Bladelaw

I'm not sure how all of these increased rate things work, but since Pandora is in the PCGF and the dark gala, will she have a functionally higher than usual rate? Like does it decide if you are on the GF list (4x chance Pandora), if not then gala (2x chance Pandora), then rando other stuff (1x chance Pandora)? Or does the 4x just override the gala chance?

I think the way it works is tiered probabilities (not sure what the correct term is)
When you roll the game decides if the egg will come from (normally 2x) Gala, (normal chance) Not Gala, or (normally 3x) GF pool

From there it checks rarity, then card. So you do have 2 shots at Pandora (if I'm right anyway) but not at the rate you might think.

My 2 PEM pulls this morning were both gold! Golds are super rare out of this PEM. I got super excited when I saw the new card animation but it was just a Pianist :(

This PCGF still counts as a regular-ass godfest right? Will there be the typical increased rates on non-featured GFE's like normal? So like even if Zuoh didn't get voted in, can he still technically appear?

Nope Zuoh nor any other normal GFE will pop out. Plus side is no LMeta troll. Downside is a much high silver rate.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well that's pretty wack I guess, but it's not like I'm saving my stones for anything better. Silverfest 3 it is!

Okamid3n

Personally, I always read that Galas and godfest don't stack, so you'd just get the godfest rate with nothing added.

If someone found out something different, I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

EDIT : Looking around, it seems I might be wrong and there is a slight increase, like Bladelaw said. It's pretty small, but it's there.

W-00

Is the dark gala going to be happening at the same time? If so, that makes me feel a little bit better about rolling on this thing.

I read on Reddit that it will be, but I haven't independently confirmed it.

I'm glad that the Xmas REM doesn't look great. Less temptation to roll in it. Hope the NY REM will be similarly lackluster. It'll be easier to save those stones for the Heroine REM.

Bladelaw

I'm really liking Mantastic's videos and articles. Here's his latest on the PCGF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4_X_YMbUAk

It's a solid analysis. He's not wrong about the rates sucking but really people will vote for the card they're missing/want/need. It just so happens that 6* GFE's are both rare and powerful so most folks will want them and not have them.

Dantalion/Scheat are probably the worst cards in the list and they're both great. I think most folks will be happy to pull a non-dupe out of PCGF.

mantastic seems like a good dude and I appreciate that, even if he can be a bit awkward at times (e.g. always eager to bring up how attractive some of the anime girls are)

Also very much appreciate the effort he puts into his site, which has genuinely been a big help in assembling teams and figuring out the importance of certain cards. Even clarifying in his writeups that "with this card you can create a team that can clear end-game content" is very useful.

I'm sort of surprised there isn't a solid "one stop shop" that people use as a go-to for team-building guides; if I wanted to know an example of an "ideal" team for a certain card, even a popular one, I have to poke around here and mantastic and/or venture into the mess that is reddit.

LiQuid!

Mantastic, like most weebs tbh, strikes me as the kind of guy with a relatively well adjusted public facade but who has a collection of women locked up in his basement.

Bladelaw

mantastic seems like a good dude and I appreciate that, even if he can be a bit awkward at times (e.g. always eager to bring up how attractive some of the anime girls are)

Also very much appreciate the effort he puts into his site, which has genuinely been a big help in assembling teams and figuring out the importance of certain cards. Even clarifying in his writeups that "with this card you can create a team that can clear end-game content" is very useful.

I'm sort of surprised there isn't a solid "one stop shop" that people use as a go-to for team-building guides; if I wanted to know an example of an "ideal" team for a certain card, even a popular one, I have to poke around here and mantastic and/or venture into the mess that is reddit.
Team building is tricky because there are so many mechanics you might need to work around. Arena 1/2/3 are good proving grounds because they throw everything at the player. An ideal team has an answer to everything. If not then either the lead is insufficient (see Nephtys trying to clear the OSC vs Gaia Dragon), or there's a deficiency in sub coverage. Then people have their own ideas about what's best on a team.

Things like Ronove and Ra Dragon get a ton of play in JP/NA so the leader's weaknesses are well known and can be compensated for in subs. Other less meta leads don't get as many hands on them so there's a bigger question on what subs are best for teams, and as new card get released that information gets outdated fairly often.

I understand dzydzydino's mantra of "never sell anything" since some cards are a Uvo away from being game breaking (see Kaede). Obviously that's not an option for everyone.

Generally if I'm looking at building a team I'm going to look at the weaknesses of the leas and do what I can to compensate while also building on its strengths.

Kreed

Pixel phones aren't running a 'custom' version of Android. They're simply running the 'latest' version!
It's pure lazy of GungHo not to update their game fast enough, Android 7.0.1 has been out for a good 2 months now, & we even got 7.1.1 a few weeks ago thanks to Google's direct stock Android direct updates. Thankfully today's PAD update made it functional on both versions.

The version of Android 7 running on the Pixel is a customized rom by Google which includes features the Pixel Launcher and the Google Assistant that aren't in Android 7 by default. You are are right about the "laziness" from an observational stand point, but as J0dy77 pointed out, the iOS is the bigger priority/Gungho isn't going to spend as many resources for every Android update, especially if the user base on the latest version (custom or not) is much much smaller due to not all phones getting prompt updates/updates at all.

Aesnath

The new assist system makes having dupes a little more important now too since you need matching elements to receive the stat boost.

It is really kind of a cool change. Now, the major challenge is balancing the benefit of increased stats vs. active versatility. Some of the time it will work out for the best either way (like when your best bet is to inherit something onto itself, like Ronove), but most of the time it will be a tradeoff. I think it has a strong potential upside for things with lots of TPAs as those extra attack points can make a huge difference.

Either way, dupes are cooler than they were, especially for things with exceptional stats.

Do latents calculate their boosts off of base values or with +stat values included?

If a card has 100 attack and +50 attack from +eggs, does the attack latent multiply off the 100 or 150?

Also some of these new latents are nuts lol, like the killers and this one

W-00

I wasn't really paying attention to the details the last time around, so I have to ask: Does the PCGF split the available cards by day like normal GFs or is everything available both days?

Rolled my last 2 pal eggs, never got a BKali but I'm ok with it. 4/20 Zeus-Dios skillups made it a frustrating day.

Time to roll in the morning...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Best of luck on your rolls.

3 Pulls from me incoming in 3....2...1...

I lied I was still awake and rolled x10 tonight.

Trash and dupes like crazy (Sanada, Ronove) and troll golds like Sadalmelik and Zweihander

........aaaaaand Krishna and Liu Bei. So in all I'm perfectly happy.

W-00

I decided that I could afford to make 10 rolls on my alt, and that it would roll until Liu Bei or out of rolls. In order, my alt's rolls were:

Acala (!)
Krishna (Holy!)
Red Chester (meh)
Scheat (!)
Ra (well, he's a button)
Sanada (dupe, but with Krishna I think I could use a second)
Akechi (FINALLY!)
Ronove (a good card, but I play my alt on a tiny burner phone, and I don't think I can manage his playstyle on it)
Viper Orochi (!)
and on my alt's tenth and final roll...
Liu freakin' Bei!

That's really much better than I could have reasonably hoped for. I finally have a fire lead for all the fire subs that account has been accumulating, its devil team has an Akechi, and green button farming is about to become viable for that account. I would have liked that account to get Pandora and Andromeda, but I'm not going to complain about not getting them.

I gave my main five rolls to test if I had any luck remaining:
Black Chester
Dino Rider
Liu Bei (dupe. What does one do with a dupe Liu Bei?)
Pandora (adorable, but dupe. At least I can make her other ult)
Pandora (seriously?)

Well, I don't think my main is rolling again (outside of free rolls) until the Heroine REM. Unless you guys tempt me to hunt for Acala and/or Krishna to an extent I cannot resist.

LiQuid!

IM ONLY TWO ROLLS IN ON BOTH ACCOUNTS AND I GOT KRISHNA ON MAIN KRISHNA ON MAIN KRISHSHHNAFVIEAGHAEIHGAHGAEHGHAEGAIEGHG AHHHAHHHHHHHHH

wow, other than dupe Akechi, I got a bunch of troll golds.

They should renamed this to Players' Choice Trap Fest. This is what happens when too many 6* get voted in. Roll with caution!!!!

LiQuid!

Full list of rolls in order of appearance:

Main:
Green Wee Jas, alright!
Krishna, PCGF was worth the wait!!!
Isis, niiiiiiiiiiiice!
Chrono Turtle, every box needs at least one of these, right? Finally my time (heh) has come!
Famiel, is this even in the PCGF? I think it just willed its way into my box! I'll take it!

Alt:
Viper Orochi, yasssssssssssssssss!
CyberButt Kakkab, troll gold
Water Dragon Swordsman, didn't have one yet, but meh
GrimRock, another ShitRock, and this one has +hp eggs too, it's like these things WANT to be fed!
Acala, finally another good card but it's a DUPE, and a low value dupe too, I think?

All in all I did FINE. Surprisingly few silvers for Silverfest 3. I'm a couple stones away from another pull on my alt. As soon as I get some stamina I'll do one more yolo roll for yuks.

LiQuid!

I decided that I could afford to make 10 rolls on my alt, and that it would roll until Liu Bei or out of rolls. In order, my alt's rolls were:

What the actual fuck at these rolls tho... Holy shit dude.

W-00

What the actual fuck at these rolls tho... Holy shit dude.

Yeah, I know, not a single silver, and only one card that wasn't part of the fest (on my alt, at least). That's such stunning luck that I'm not even very annoyed about my main's pulls.

Congrats on pulling Krishna on your main. I take it your alt had one, so your accounts now have some real compatibility?

LiQuid!

Yeah, I know, not a single silver, and only one card that wasn't part of the fest (on my alt, at least). That's such stunning luck that I'm not even very annoyed about my main's pulls.

Congrats on pulling Krishna on your main. I take it your alt had one, so your accounts now have some real compatibility?

You know it. I'm so happy right now I could shit a gold brick. After all these months co-oping with myself with budget-ass cards on my main while my alt has all the FotM, top-tier leads, I finally got some commonality between them and it's on one of said FotM, top-tier leads.

cw_sasuke

3 Pulls

Ceberus Rider - dupe
Akechi - dupe ...but only my second so still quite useful if i ever play Dark again
Sheen - new, might be useful on Yuna

jiggle

Knew I'd do bad in pcgf but still can't help but be disappointed
Should've saved the stone for heroines
Alt
Liu Bei #5
Isis #4
Rodin #2
Diadem
Hatsume
Red genie
Kopis
Exa hydra

Main
DQXQ
DQXQ #2
Parvati
Nephy
Sasuke
Red genie
Yellow genie
Berserker
Red swordsman

LiQuid!

Holy shit.

I just did a trash dungeon for a stone for my alt's final yolo roll of the PCGF.

Ronove.

200.gif

J0dy77

No clue why I continue pulling in GFE knowing how much if a trap it is, say it every time. 2 pulls:

Rozuel
Dill Sirius

/golfclap

ZeroAKA

Main: 3 silvers, Krishna, Scheat
Alt: 5 silvers/troll golds, Pollux, Vritra, 2x Rozuel, KAEDE

Krishna is the last pantheon god besides Ganesha and Wukong that I really wanted, really happy about that. Even better is the Kaede on my alt, which would allow me to coop with the Kaede on my main. Amazing Godfest for me overall.

cw_sasuke

Def. ready for a break on this game - just losing interest to use my stamina nowadays. Ill obv. still login daily and follow the news on basic level...but right now there is just nothing exciting going on for me and its been that way for a while.

Hope the next big meta change following cross-hearts can revive my interest. Most interesting team compositions are locked behind 6* GFE it feels like.

Kwhit10

Will only pull one and save some stones

Got ROdin dupe. Guess it was a luck 6* pull, wish it could have been something new though.

bjork

Had enough for two pulls today. Got Hades and Anubis. I'm not sure if either one is good, but I didn't have them before, so hooray for that.

Aesnath

I'm probably making more rolls tonight or tomorrow, but the first five

DQXQ--Pretty cool if I ever make a myr team
DQXQ #2--well that just seems unfair...
Eschamali--well that's neat. I suppose that Cecil team might be getting better. I hope she is easier to skill than Scheat has been
Sleeping Beauty--If I'm going to have a four star, at least this seems usable. How am I supposed to skill it tho?
Cinderella--Crap, I was too positive about Sleeping Beauty--now the game thinks I want them.

Nephthys
Gryps Rider
Sun Wukong (dupe)

...Sort of glad now, that I only had three rolls saved up and am still days away from hitting my 600-day milestone.

J0dy77

Eschamali--well that's neat. I suppose that Cecil team might be getting better. I hope she is easier to skill than Scheat has been
Sleeping Beauty--If I'm going to have a four star, at least this seems usable. How am I supposed to skill it tho?
Cinderella--Crap, I was too positive about Sleeping Beauty--now the game thinks I want them.

Don't overlook 2 DQXQ. A lot of people run two on Myr teams and I use one on my team and inherit the second my Venus. DQXQ paired with Apocalypse active is the best myr combo in game.

Okamid3n

One role, dark valk.

Wait...what??

Would've been cool two years ago. At least the artwork is pretty.

And I concur, I'd take two DQXQ and be pretty happy with it.

Bladelaw

Yes it very much fucking does.
#foreverNoDQXQ

Rolled most of a pack and did ok.
Ruka
Durga
Shedar
Creuse
Nut
Nobunaga
Liu Bei
Rozuel
Cursed Dragon
Creuse
Angelious
Dill Sirius
Acala

No GFE's but now I'm sitting on the optimal ronove team so there's that. Maybe one day I'll actually roll it. Nobunaga, Acala, Rozuel, and dupe Isis were the big wins for me. Everything else is either a dupe or something I have no immediate use for.

Now I need tamas again. I won't be chasing GFE's in this. DQXQ continues to elude me.

My main rolled my 3rd Rozuel and 3rd Pandora. Why did Rozuel make it in, as a Ronove sub? I've never found a use for her. Pandora is nice but not really needed. I guess I'll make another awoken one and use it as a skill inheritance when the stat boosts come. Not terrible though.

Don't have my alt in front of me but I know I rolled Scheat and Ronove. Both new, probably can get some use from Scheat. Ronove seems cool but I already have a pretty great Myr team and I don't want to color match.

Quantum

/lurk mode off/

2 free pulls

- sleeping beauty
- castor

I look up the actual 25 possible rolls - hahahah no - dark carnival hit?

no money for gungho from me - people voted for you to show up - people don't get to change the 6 star rates - good luck to everyone - remember - people generally post the good rolls, not the shit ones.

- mantastic video adds nothing to the conversation, literally just lists what mobs do and why people didn't vote for certain cards (hopefully people listen to what he says about the shit rates)

people will vote for the most desired cards - gungho will include them in a players trap godfest with the rates they decide - TOP players choice - less than a 1% chance to roll.

/angry lurk mode back on/

edit: I'm still really pissed about the delay of the FF buffs - I yolo'd rolled a tifa and I'd like to use her.

Bladelaw

My main rolled my 3rd Rozuel and 3rd Pandora. Why did Rozuel make it in, as a Ronove sub? I've never found a use for her. Pandora is nice but not really needed. I guess I'll make another awoken one and use it as a skill inheritance when the stat boosts come. Not terrible though.

Don't have my alt in front of me but I know I rolled Scheat and Ronove. Both new, probably can get some use from Scheat. Ronove seems cool but I already have a pretty great Myr team and I don't want to color match.
Yep ronove sub. She's also a solid bind clear option for a TPA Krishna and Revo Shiva

Maybe she'll find a home on new Ra Dragon depending on how Revo Isis turns out.

One free pull from my main.

Paimon. No idea what to do with this 6*. I don't even have a Myr team yet.

Will probably do one more (from free stones) tomorrow.

I don't have many heart/light generators.

I guess I can go

Paimon / Lightning / Sun Wukong / Light Cecil / Saria / Paimon. Or maybe A. Venus with a Saria or Cecil inherit.

Top Bottom