• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kreed

Just rolled once for kicks and finally got a Bastet after all this time. Don't think it would be worth the effort to level her up though since the best subs that I have for her are Meimei and Susano.

CcdYJKaUUAAui1w.jpg

Rolled Apollo last night, Awoken Apollo announced this morning. Looks pretty awesome. Love the awakenings and active. Going to be a star on my Saria team. Not interested in using him as a leader though.

Active is the same as artemis, greek 2 orb change + 2 turns skyfall.

Bladelaw

Grats for 2 DKalis :p.
If you have the subs for Yomi Dragon and you can acquire evo materials (can you clear Legendary Earth or some other dungeon?) it is very easy to use. YD has helped me to clear many Mythical descends that I couldnt clear with Verdandi team.

In my YD team, all subs are different and I have all the colours, so I can do those restricted dungeons without changes to team.
YD / A.Haku / D/B Oku / D/G Persep / Nepnep

They say A.Haku is the must sub to have for YD and I agree. That board change has helped me so many times on bosses to one shot them and its not difficult to do similar damages than here with using 2 skills (Haku & Oku / Nepnep).

Sometimes A.Haku board fails to create enhanced orbs for dark, those times I use Nepnep (and I might use YD skill too) to fix the problem.
I have all of those subs :) Ok so I'll wait for YomiDra to rotate back in then. I've used it as a friend lead (With A. Yomi) a couple times and been pretty impressed with the damage and the active. The struggle will be skilling up the team to do that somewhat consistently.

My current team is Awoken Idunn and Idunna / Hermes / Hatsume / Gabriel / Xmas Siren

I want to complete Arena 1.0 before it goes away as a Technical Dungeon. I'm hoping to get at least one of my teams Arena capable in ~ 1 month. Hopefully arena 1.0 lasts that long. I am willing to accept like a 33% success rate. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a secondary spike. I only have ~45k Monster points so I can't get Charite without gutting my box. I also don't have access to Blue Odin or Xmas Paulina.

My options are either the extremely subpar normal Ars Paulina or a gravity user.

I have two options to invest in. Luckily they overlap alot.

1. ) Awoken I&I / Hermes / Hatsume / Andromeda / Awoken Hera-is / Ryune

That way I'll only need to deal 6 million damage after using the 30% gravity then stalling until things are up again. I might be able to hit ~21 million if I used gabriel instead of hera-is but I don't think I can do it consistently.

2.) Awoken Lakshmi / Hatsume / Andromeda / Gabriel / Awoken I & I / Awoken Lakshmi

There are two main concerns with this team. No board change / hazard removal. Also I doubt I can hit the hp check for DQ Hera. I might not even be able to hit Athena's Storm Punisher hp check.

Here is my box. Maybe someone can see something I can't?

Current plan is to level everyone up and try to get blue sprites to skill up Andromeda the next time it comes. I may have to stone to get enough. I also need to get ~5 blue piis to skill up Lakshmi and I&I. Hermes is also only 3/9 skill ups. I also planning on stoning (my free stones) the next time predra infestations comes. Currently only have 2 light, 2 darks, 2 waters, 1 grass, 1 rcv.

Anyone have suggestions for latents? I'm thinking rainbow on hatsume, hp for Lakshmi and Andromeda. Some combination of fire or dark for the rest?

Is there a better way to tackle this?

Jagernaut

Rolled Apollo last night, Awoken Apollo announced this morning. Looks pretty awesome. Love the awakenings and active. Going to be a star on my Saria team. Not interested in using him as a leader though.

I'm going to keep my main max skilled Apollo Light/Water for his rows and God type and make my dupe Apollo into the Awoken form for my Awoken Amaterasu team.

Quantum

Grindy five more stones:

Isis - new!

Big deal for me to get something new so I leveled and awoken her immediately.

Final piece for an unstoppable awoken ra team (ra/dk/lk/lk/is/ra)

Played around with it and it's great, but the high skill required to play it means I'll never finish plusing it, might farm skill ups - but over all probably won't use it regularly.

Im not really sure what it can do that my shiva d or ryune teams can't do. I feel like the top tier end game dungeons have become pretty RNG dependent - why bother taking a ra team to make things more difficult.

Anyway - love the art on Isis.

Bladelaw

My current team is Awoken Idunn and Idunna / Hermes / Hatsume / Gabriel / Xmas Siren

I want to complete Arena 1.0 before it goes away as a Technical Dungeon. I'm hoping to get at least one of my teams Arena capable in ~ 1 month. Hopefully arena 1.0 lasts that long. I am willing to accept like a 33% success rate. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a secondary spike. I only have ~45k Monster points so I can't get Charite without gutting my box. I also don't have access to Blue Odin or Xmas Paulina.

My options are either the extremely subpar normal Ars Paulina or a gravity user.

I have two options to invest in. Luckily they overlap alot.

1. ) Awoken I&I / Hermes / Hatsume / Andromeda / Awoken Hera-is / Ryune

That way I'll only need to deal 6 million damage after using the 30% gravity then stalling until things are up again. I might be able to hit ~21 million if I used gabriel instead of hera-is but I don't think I can do it consistently.

2.) Awoken Lakshmi / Hatsume / Andromeda / Gabriel / Awoken I & I / Awoken Lakshmi

There are two main concerns with this team. No board change / hazard removal. Also I doubt I can hit the hp check for DQ Hera. I might not even be able to hit Athena's Storm Punisher hp check.

Here is my box. Maybe someone can see something I can't?

Current plan is to level everyone up and try to get blue sprites to skill up Andromeda the next time it comes. I may have to stone to get enough. I also need to get ~5 blue piis to skill up Lakshmi and I&I. Hermes is also only 3/9 skill ups. I also planning on stoning (my free stones) the next time predra infestations comes. Currently only have 2 light, 2 darks, 2 waters, 1 grass, 1 rcv.

Anyone have suggestions for latents? I'm thinking rainbow on hatsume, hp for Lakshmi and Andromeda. Some combination of fire or dark for the rest?

Is there a better way to tackle this?
I don't know man. I think you're ok on damage but the DQ Hera preempt is 39k right? What's your plan going in with Team 1 vs Team 2? Worst case is if you get too much junk (poison/jammers) you can likely heal it away via Andromeda.

The question is where do you plan on stalling to get skills back? Looking at the fights I'm guessing you'll have a few solid stall points depending on spawn luck. Basically it looks like you need a gravity if you don't think you can break threshold on Kali, and either good luck (no DQ Hera) or a shield. Everything else is down to orb trolls and careful skill use and stalling.

Quantum

I'm surprised you're out of blue piis

I'm not - I still have about a dozen, but don't consider Isis a high value card at this moment.

I might start working on an improved dark team, although I have been working on a number of teams without liking many of them.

I've evo'd a bunch of cards over the past few days and am still trying to figure out which direction I want to head.

A.Oro, A.Panda, A.loki, A.luci, A.Bastet, A.Isis all joined my ranks within the last 5-6 days after farming mats for a few weeks.

this plus 430k MP makes me eager to try different leads and team set ups - but with less goals - I'm just shy of awakening everyone, will likely burn the rest of my Piis, but really don't feel like running arena.

edit: realized Pii comment wasn't for me. bah.

I'm surprised you're out of blue piis

Assuming you meant me. I've only started ~90 days ago and only recently started being able to clear Challenge level 8.

I only have about 3-4 of each color and so far am unlucky with running alt dungeons. I've seen like 7 blue piis and no drops so far =/

I don't know man. I think you're ok on damage but the DQ Hera preempt is 39k right? What's your plan going in with Team 1 vs Team 2? Worst case is if you get too much junk (poison/jammers) you can likely heal it away via Andromeda.

The question is where do you plan on stalling to get skills back? Looking at the fights I'm guessing you'll have a few solid stall points depending on spawn luck. Basically it looks like you need a gravity if you don't think you can break threshold on Kali, and either good luck (no DQ Hera) or a shield. Everything else is down to orb trolls and careful skill use and stalling.

With my normal team (using xmas siren) I can do somewhere between 15-18 million damage. I'll have to do a damage check once Andromeda is full leveled/awokened. If I can reliably break 21-22 million I might go with that instead.

Stalling would be easier with team 1. I should break 42k or so HP. Lakshmi would be harder (if not impossible for most of floor 19 bosses).

Also as you can tell, I don't have much of a plan. Just exploring my options.

hermit7

Got Pandora up to skill level 4. Hope I can finish her off today.

Would probably sub her in most times on luci and switch out valk, her hearts are really useful. Might sub out okuni to be honest. I like the delay but I don't find that the 1.5 is necessary when making a ton of rows and her 2 extra will be useful on that team.

Assuming you meant me. I've only started ~90 days ago and only recently started being able to clear Challenge level 8.

I only have about 3-4 of each color and so far am unlucky with running alt dungeons. I've seen like 7 blue piis and no drops so far =/
It wasn't for you, but it's impressive that you've been able to kill C8 after 90 days of play.

edit: realized Pii comment wasn't for me. bah.
it was for you

I don't think you're alone in your malaise of needing new goals to work on in PAD. There isn't really any carrot to go along with the stick for Mecha Hera/Zeus, and it seems like many players are hesitant to invest in Kaliseum teams since we know 2.0 is just around the corner.

fek

Yesterday I went blind on challenge level 9 with Bastet for the bonus only to find Scarlet on the last floor. Still had Susano's shield up so I tanked the first hit and dealt some damage. Next turn I used Verdandi and she gave me a board with 4 TPAs (a few were locked orbs from a previous floor debuff) for the kill, that was unexpected. Won't try level 10, don't need the light pii anyway.

Quantum

It wasn't for you, but it's impressive that you've been able to kill C8 after 90 days of play.

it was for you

I don't think you're alone in your malaise of needing new goals to work on in PAD. There isn't really any carrot to go along with the stick for Mecha Hera/Zeus, and it seems like many players are hesitant to invest in Kaliseum teams since we know 2.0 is just around the corner.

oh, ok - didn't want to step on toes.

yeah - I really like the carrot/stick analogy.

- personally I think the multiplayer is just a gimmick, and enjoyed it once - since then no interest
- I find much better use of my stamina in the game working on teams then bothering with the high level challenge dungeons which burn 80-100 stamina a number of times if you get crappy boards.
- arena? whats the point - if we prepare teams for arena 2.0 it will be come an hourly when the meta changes for JPN and we get pulled along.

- we have been complaining to get on parity with the JPN servers - so - what does gungho do? burn any advanced player by changing the length of time people had to attempt arena 1.0 without the historical benefits given to the JPN servers (stones/pii/decends to prepare teams).

- I don't understand the solution, and while the game is much easier for newer players (which I think is awesome) there is no "love" for the players that have stuck with gungho over the past 3-4 years constantly stuck between random delayed upgrades of cards while hoping for information or release of new material.

Pulled hard yesterday hoping for Wukong for my Saria/Thor team.

Pulled 18 times and got these:

Pandora
Freyr
Blue dragonbound
Green dragonbound
Orange dragonbound (dupe but still awesome)
LMeta (dupe)
The Norn V.
Dark Angel Lumiel

Later in the evening I decided to pull some more until I got one more God Fest monster.

Arcline (neat for healer team)
Nephthys
Fuu (crap!)
Cinderella (shit!)
Thumbelina (fuck!!!!)

One more pull...
WUKONG!!!!!

My mouth literally hung open when I saw him and my daughter was confused but I finally got him.

Bah! For some reason thought Goemon would be available until 10x was over, but I see coin dungeons rotated today. Cool thing is I now have my hypermaxed Ragnarok. Contemplating farming Arena 1.0 now, but need to see what latent distributions I need. I know I shouldn't waste latents with 2.0 coming any day, but I should be able to be more conservative in speccing in a 1.0 team with Ragnarok's massive HP advantage over a second DKali.

Bladelaw

Ok so looking at my box I think I have a killer YomiDra team
YomiDra (still need to buy it so no FR's just yet :p)
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Awoken Haku
Eshcamali
Akechi

If I need a shield I can swap in Diza for Akechi/Luci?. This sound about right?

razterik

Dragonette??!!!?! I thought they pulled all the farmable cards out of the REM.

They did. Dragonette and its ilk are no longer farmable drops, they are REM only.

Pulled two packs yesterday against all reason and didn't get anything I wanted. I guess there was some good stuff like Ilm, Saria x2, Typhon, dupe Australis and lot of dupe GFEs for MP. Not a single Hero. Fell prey to the Eschamali chase and the game is really uninteresting right now.

I think GungHo messed up by making the old usual standards of progress like skill ups, max level cards and +297s too easy. Now any serious player finishes these goals relatively quickly and has nothing left except unreasonably randomly difficult endgame dungeons. The only other thing to do is essentially restarting your progress over with one of three or so other different team archetypes and doing the grind all over again. And with the endgame being both boring and frustrating, there isn't much incentive to keep reaching for it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
0/8 on Pandora skillups...lol.

Nice - i could use him on my Sakuya squad. Glad i didnt used all Piis on Elia...she is still better but the main issue for Apollo was his lack of SBR.

Looking at Padx, I should be able to awaken my Pandora thursday. I'm surprised it came around again so soon. Should hopefully be able to snag a Z&H tomorrow as well. Don't think I can get my Saria team up to arena 1 level before it goes away, but I guess I'll still be able to hit it when it's an urgent dungeon.

Just when I thought I my luck was running low, I got a Dragon Fruit and was able to UEvo Vritra.

3x attack for Dragon & Devil's helped me clear a lot of dungeons and finally make it to Legenday Dragons' Footprints.

hermit7

They did. Dragonette and its ilk are no longer farmable drops, they are REM only.

Pulled two packs yesterday against all reason and didn't get anything I wanted. I guess there was some good stuff like Ilm, Saria x2, Typhon, dupe Australis and lot of dupe GFEs for MP. Not a single Hero. Fell prey to the Eschamali chase and the game is really uninteresting right now.

I think GungHo messed up by making the old usual standards of progress like skill ups, max level cards and +297s too easy. Now any serious player finishes these goals relatively quickly and has nothing left except unreasonably randomly difficult endgame dungeons. The only other thing to do is essentially restarting your progress over with one of three or so other different team archetypes and doing the grind all over again. And with the endgame being both boring and frustrating, there isn't much incentive to keep reaching for it.

All the dungeons that were challenging were made trivial with the mp dragons, and they haven't made any new dungeons that really are challenging in that same respect.

There isn't really anything that people need to reach for.

I think coop is decent but is probably the issue. They haven't made any dungeons that are worthwhile to run again and again and by updating arena that is kind of included.

Also finished skilling bikinidora. Went like 5/10 I guess it makes up for all the 0/25 for light sprite.

6 rolls today hoping for Bastet:

Dragon Samurai dupe
Ivory Dragon
Goddess of Secrets, Kali very nice
Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander
Isis very nice
Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire nice

Are Awoken forms generally considered the best ultimate in most cases?

B/L Isis is tempting but I feel like I should be going Awoken.

Kreed

They are just getting the "easy" stuff out of the way for inherited actives and all the annoying dungeon mechanics they are going to introduce to keep the game difficult.

Why are we getting Awoken Greek 2? I'm a fan of Artemis, but they just got their split uvos a few months ago, and everybody is waiting on Indra/Vritra Awokens.

hermit7

Got one more roll today, pulled cinderella.

New event starts tomorrow. 5 days.

5 tamas
No continue "one shot" challenge dungeons
Top 6 dungeons drop 3 stones and 3 pii in the dungeon.

Jewel invades for all 5 days on descends.

Experience dungeon as well starting tomorrow.

coy

0/8 on Pandora skillups...lol.

Nice - i could use him on my Sakuya squad. Glad i didnt used all Piis on Elia...she is still better but the main issue for Apollo was his lack of SBR.
I got you fam. 0/12 on my one and only skillup needed for a future uvo Pandora. With 245 stamina, I cannot believe I've needed to stone already for this last skillup.

In the meantime, I only needed 1 stone and 15 chasers to max skill a dupe Haku for my A.Pandora team. RNG can be a cruel mistress.

Edit: Finally did it on my 23rd attempt. I thought I had her already max skilled yesterday but was mistaken. Maybe this is karma for jumping the gun.

jay23

The obvious answer is
No boobs

Ha we all know that's gunghos true monkey maker.

Grindy five more stones:

Isis - new!

Big deal for me to get something new so I leveled and awoken her immediately.

Final piece for an unstoppable awoken ra team (ra/dk/lk/lk/is/ra)

Played around with it and it's great, but the high skill required to play it means I'll never finish plusing it, might farm skill ups - but over all probably won't use it regularly.

Im not really sure what it can do that my shiva d or ryune teams can't do. I feel like the top tier end game dungeons have become pretty RNG dependent - why bother taking a ra team to make things more difficult.

Anyway - love the art on Isis.

Isis is the piece that holds awoken Ra teams together. Having her active up every 3 turns is so great and it helps you save everyone else for when you really need them.

I find Ra much easier to use than my other end game lead Sakuya. I've gotten good enough to proc as long as all the colors are on the board. But like you said some of the end game content is so RNG dependent that using a rainbow lead just makes things much more difficult.

What does your ryune team look like btw?
After rolling Andromeda I have this currently

raiot

ATTENTION!
Please remember to run todays C1 Dungeon with a coin multiplier lead.
The reward is dropping in the dungeon and can be multiplied.
Use your Ganeshas!

colinp

Banned
What kind of teams are recommended for 5x4 boards? I always feel out of my element since it's pretty tough to get rainbows consistently with Sakuya on such a small board.

In particular level 5 of the one-shot dungeon, right where the monsters tend to hit a bit harder. Should I go TPA?

Rixa

What kind of teams are recommended for 5x4 boards? I always feel out of my element since it's pretty tough to get rainbows consistently with Sakuya on such a small board.

In particular level 5 of the one-shot dungeon, right where the monsters tend to hit a bit harder. Should I go TPA?

I use Verdandi team rather than Yomidra. Havent looked those tougher dungeons, but first 5 dungeons I made with Verd & co.

Quantum

What does your ryune team look like btw?

currently my team is evolving.

a long time ago I used to run blonia so for most teams I pair with another blonia - the team generally looks like -

Ryune/blonia/amon/hermes/blodin/blonia

-which I customize when needed. Andro's next form should support a physical team.

I've found this as a formidable team with 60k+ and an ok spike with blodins enhance.

now that I've recruited more I&I leads I've been working with different subs and haven't found a team I really like - but have tried Gabriel and Andromeda, B.Valk, sun quan, sumire - just haven't figured out the best combination.

Jagernaut

If there are no really big hits I use Awoken Amaterasu so I can stall forever for skills as needed.

Kwhit10

I generally go with DMeta.

Bladelaw

Ok confession time: I spent a silly amount of money rolling for Isis. I did not get her, but I did get damn near everything else. I know I have enough MP for YomiDra when she shows up again. The question is how much of what I got is worth keeping? I have multiple Akechis, Zuohs, Castors, Sumires, Tsubakis, Kakkabs etc.

My padherder box is up to date. I'm overwhelmed with "stuff" and want to clean house but I don't want to get rid of something potentially useful in the purge.

J0dy77

I'm going to see how far Urd/Shivadra and thor/saria can take me.

Top Bottom