• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

colinp

Banned
I'm getting further in challenge 5 but now I can't get the attack power to take down the boss. Gonna try a red lead team next and keep my fingers crossed. Can't believe how much stamina I've spent on this damn thing!

Jagernaut

I'm getting further in challenge 5 but now I can't get the attack power to take down the boss. Gonna try a red lead team next and keep my fingers crossed. Can't believe how much stamina I've spent on this damn thing!

I used a Awoken Amaterasu team with Arcline for the boss. The first time I wasn't prepared for the 50% light resist and constant healing back to full if you don't one shot her.

colinp

Banned
I used a Awoken Amaterasu team with Arcline for the boss. The first time I wasn't prepared for the 50% light resist and constant healing back to full if you don't one shot her.

What's Arcline?

I've got Ammy but not Awokened. Dont have the jewels to awaken her, either, alas...

coy

I.... did it! I finished my first Descends! I know I know, basic stuff. But after a lot of toying with a few teams and only being rank 124, I beat my first Legend Descends "Holy Goddess" with my LKali team! Consisted of LKali, Echidna, Castor, Jize, and Thumbelina. Last two were fillers but actually helped a lot, considering Jize got rid of a mask (they came in at all the same countdown, even though I did wind up Koing them all accidentally), and Thumbelina makes fire->heart, and castor heart ->dark which helped clear a bad board.

I didn't get the drop though, and apparently really do need the unit to move on to other ones. But I only had one LKali on my friend list. So...

317,696,348 for any LKali friends! I'm still learning how to use her properlly, but she's max level and fully awoken so you'll get your money's worth out of a friend request!
Grats on the clear! In short order, more and more descends will be toppled.

I sent you a FR. I don't usually lead with my L.Kali but she is hyper and I put her up so feel free to use her.

I seem to get the furthest with my franken-blue healer (kind of) team of Gabriel/Karin/Andromeda/BValk/SunQuan/A&A.

Does great except for the end where I didn't have enough burst to get through. Ahhhhhh I'm running out of ideas.
Blue probably gonna have a rough time due to green resisting. Maybe lead with Andromeda, pair with I&I, and burst like your life depends on it?

hermit7

Anyone have a. Panda? I want to beat 10 but vishnu is a pain with luci. Sometimes I can do decently but the god killer makes it really hard to predict my damage out.

Panda would be better with the 4x for some and no God killer.

colinp

Banned
Blue probably gonna have a rough time due to green resisting. Maybe lead with Andromeda, pair with I&I, and burst like your life depends on it?

I'll give it a go!

Yeah my red team doesn't have the rcv to survive, and both light and dark seem tricky with the resists on the boss, too. Feel like I'm between s rich and a hard place.

Edit: oh and by A&A I meant I&I :p

Anyone have a. Panda? I want to beat 10 but vishnu is a pain with luci. Sometimes I can do decently but the god killer makes it really hard to predict my damage out.

Oh my god thank you. I couldn't figure out why I was healing Sopdet on level 7. I was using Yomidra and just doing TPAs, but it must have been Lucifer breaking through.

Pandora is up by the way. Freshly hypermaxed thanks to the ranking rewards.

razterik

UuSG6SL.png

Who's ready for Arena 2.0...

I got Awoken Pandora.

owjwBiA.png

Who's ready for Arena 2.0...

Hellllllll yeeaaaahhh. Maybe we'll get our rank 250 gift and reset all in one patch as well!

MiTYH

Thanks for all the good wishes! I accepted all friend requests -- needed to do some spring clearing as it was. Got my Valk on the second try of Legend, which is awesome! Definitely feeling the game now!

Attempted mythical, got the random encounter on the first try and lost :/ Might try again later tonight.

razterik

One-shot level 10 clear. Slow on the screen cap again, mostly because I wasn't expecting Raoh and Rodin to finish off Vishnu all by themselves, haha. Three deaths before I figured out the way past Is and Goemon. Burned Echidna as soon as she was up and took my time grinding down Is. Getting Goemon under his resolve took some luck, then hit him hard with Freyr. Rest was easy enough. Rodin on piis, Ronia on MeiMei, Echidna and careful single rows to work through Vishnu. Should have hit him a little harder since he caught me with his bind near the end. Always have trouble hitting under his absorb shield.

I guess Arena 2.0 is pretty much confirmed. This sucks and GungHo NA deserves endless amounts of shit for how badly they mismanaged the special dungeons so we still haven't even seen farmable dark latents yet. Basically gave the finger to anyone who bought YomiDra with intent to run Arena for piis.

linsivvi

My C10 team:
6u2p4KA.png

5 failed tries after some team shuffling.

Floor 1: 60% skill block so a bit of a gamble here. Use D Izanami then kill.
Floor 2: Keep killing Goemon until Odin is 1 turn away from activating. Use all 3 gravities and kill.
Floor 3: Use Odin
Floor 4: Kill
Floor 5: Use Orochi and slowly chip away his health.

HGH

Banned
I need at least 14 dub-mythlits and the bastards don't wanna drop. I think I'm gonna cry.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good One-Shot challenge team for me? I'm so bad I can't even beat 4. Feels like a waste cause I haven't really worked on any mono teams yet.

J0dy77

Anyone have awoken Ceres they can put up for a bit? Heard she makes c10 easy. Want to try that over going on with kirin.

Silent_Z

Anyone have awoken Ceres they can put up for a bit? Heard she makes c10 easy. Want to try that over going on with kirin.

Put mine up just now in case you still need it. Looking at it on PDX, I'm wondering how Ceres is supposed to handle the Goemon floor. Are we looking at a "you need to pop Susano/Kushinada before going to the 2nd floor, then kill between 50 and 30%" sort of scenario?

hermit7

Put mine up just now in case you still need it. Looking at it on PDX, I'm wondering how Ceres is supposed to handle the Goemon floor. Are we looking at a "you need to pop Susano/Kushinada before going to the 2nd floor, then kill between 50 and 30%" sort of scenario?

Yeah burst down the first 50 percent and then you have 75 percent damage reduction on goemon is the idea.

I wonder if a. Hades could do it as well. Has the same resistance and could be better with his active (gravity) against goemon. You could push into that range a little more easily.

(All my dark cards are also a little more developed than my green ones)

Kyuur

Super uvo'd Lucifer! ...and then noticed his skill up requirement, jeez. Need GY to come back, I need to skill my Red Riding Hood at the same time anyways.

Silent_Z

Yeah burst down the first 50 percent and then you have 75 percent damage reduction on goemon is the idea.

I wonder if a. Hades could do it as well. Has the same resistance and could be better with his active (gravity) against goemon. You could push into that range a little more easily.

(All my dark cards are also a little more developed than my green ones)

The light second half is what I was missing when thinking about that, thanks. If I make it through C8/C9 I'll need to bring a golem or something if I'm going to try Ceres there.

cdViking

Started playing PAD last February, tailed off after a few months, save for logging in and accumulating eggs. Cashed'em in to get as many gods as possible during a Godfest, and am lucky to have chosen a best friend last year who has an ultra-maxed assortment.

Have rolled through Normal dungeons up to King of the Gods and a Queen's Divine Castle, but have hit a wall hard. It's clear I'll have to grind like whoa (been doing the Legendary Dragons' Footprints dungeons), but am a little directionless. I'm guessing getting Hera is the next step? I'm wondering what the best way to do so without going nuts on IAP would be given my team below (sorry, iOS):

- GOdin
- 2x Cao Cao
- GSonia
- Norn Urd
- Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
- All the non-Mystic Knight farmable stuff in Normal dungeons and some limited stuff (healer girls, ripper dragons, legendary dragons, Mechdragons, Skydragons)

I've read a little about using an Odin resist team (in the PAD forums thread for such a team); would it make sense to try ultra-max GOdin, use a friend GOdin (which I don't have :(), and go that route?

Lead with Urd, she's still a popular leader so you can actually run dungeons with friends and you have many prime subs for her.

Odin resist teams are 2013 meta and aren't really necessary anymore.

hermit7

Started playing PAD last February, tailed off after a few months, save for logging in and accumulating eggs. Cashed'em in to get as many gods as possible during a Godfest, and am lucky to have chosen a best friend last year who has an ultra-maxed assortment.

Have rolled through Normal dungeons up to King of the Gods and a Queen's Divine Castle, but have hit a wall hard. It's clear I'll have to grind like whoa (been doing the Legendary Dragons' Footprints dungeons), but am a little directionless. I'm guessing getting Hera is the next step? I'm wondering what the best way to do so without going nuts on IAP would be given my team below (sorry, iOS):

- GOdin
- 2x Cao Cao
- GSonia
- Norn Urd
- Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
- All the non-Mystic Knight farmable stuff in Normal dungeons and some limited stuff (healer girls, ripper dragons, legendary dragons, Mechdragons, Skydragons)

I've read a little about using an Odin resist team (in the PAD forums thread for such a team); would it make sense to try ultra-max GOdin, use a friend GOdin (which I don't have :(), and go that route?

Don't know what your max cost is but urd, valk, caocao, caocao is an awesome base to start with.

Urd is a fine lead to start with and you can toss in the fire Mystic Knight for a while.

HGH

Banned
maybe cobble together a healer team and lead with a Valk?
Yeah that could work! I'm thinking Metatron could do well too.
Oh. Tiny problem there. I don't think I have the cost amount right now to jam them all in.
I'm looking at a LuBu Devil team instead and that seems much more feasible if a bit weaker with my units right now. And eventually an I&I team too.

So after playing this game for the past few months, I started reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. So many of my favorite characters to use in this game have shown up in the book and I can't stop grinning. Yes, I've heard of these Gods before and know some basics, but as they appear in the book I imagine them as their PAD characters and it's been quite enjoyable.

Book spoilers:
Odin plays a large part, while Bastet, Anubis, Thoth, and Loki appear a handful of times each. The book also has mentions of Kali, Set, Thor, and others.

It is a fantastic book, by the way. Long and juicy but easy to read and one that I highly recommend.

EDIT: And the book also gives me more ideas on Gods the game could eventually add. Native American mythology/beliefs would make for a fantastic set in the future.

hermit7

Still pretty new, started with a Ronia team, I want to work on a new team soon since Ronia isn't as good these days. What's the best dark team I could make with my collection. I'm thinking a Pandora team of some sort.

http://imgur.com/a/2tNcx

You're dark box is great.

A. Panda, uevo panda, zuoh, akechi, a. Loki, friend a. Panda

For the moment just work on levels for your squad and getting them evoed. You can get awoken Pandora after your team is max levelled. A. Loki can be challenging as in terms of mats.

I would hold off on rolling in the pem and only roll when the exp carnival is around. It provides great exp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PreDRa Infestation will be back tomorrow. So yeah..sounds like this will be a weekly thing for now.

razterik

Should we take bets on it being breakfast slot again?

Cruising a team all the way through Arena and then dying when you mess up a solid board on Kali is the worst feeling. :(

Top Bottom