• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

What's the easiest way to get a Naga egg drop? I've heard boss drops are somewhere between 2-5% (or something like that) and have been farming dungeons with Naga/Echidna for 3 straight weeks and have gotten nothing.

Any suggestions?

What's the easiest way to get a Naga egg drop? I've heard boss drops are somewhere between 2-5% (or something like that) and have been farming dungeons with Naga/Echidna for 3 straight weeks and have gotten nothing.

Any suggestions?
If you're patient, Scarlet Snake Princess or Fire Carnival show up in special and coin dungeons on occasion.

If you're less patient, she also drops from the fire floors of the legendary/skydragon dungeons. Seems like she drops from certain alt. Coop dungeons as well.

If you're patient, Scarlet Snake Princess or Fire Carnival show up in special and coin dungeons on occasion.

If you're less patient, she also drops from the fire floors of the legendary/skydragon dungeons. Seems like she drops from certain alt. Coop dungeons as well.

Eh, seeing how I'm not far enough to do any of the Legendary/Sky Dragon Dungeons, I guess I'll have to be patient.

Taz

Just started playing again after quiting like 1 year ago, started an account with just Nepthty and Muse, saved 50 stones rolled 5 times to going to roll 5 times on day 2,

Today's rolls,

Maiden Valk,

Salamander(lol)

Pandora(whoop)

Kabbab(ok starter sub for Pandora?)

Diadem(ok starter sub for Pandora?)

linsivvi

Is farming Sowilo the best/fastest way to earn +eggs with 10x? I feel like I have a lot I want to accomplish and the shotgun approach is the least effective. Right now I have two very strong teams, A. Shiva, A. Bastet all near max skilled and leveled and awoken. I have three teams I'm in the process of spinning up, dark team (lead varies between A. Yomi and A. Haku), Light team (A. Amaterasu), and Water team (Sarasvati). I just got the subs I need to make A. Ra work.

I have the ability to farm Sowilo with Shiva or Bastet (requires thought and effort though)the only thing those teams need are +'s and latents.

Fastest and best don't mix. Fastest are Goemon/Valk/Zeus but you will be spending tons of stones.

Best are Hera Sowilo/Deus Ex/Kanetsugu/Guan Yinping/Zeus Mercury etc so if you have the team to do it, clear Deus Ex as many times as you can today.

Lyrian

Two warm-up rolls this morning...

Sylph
Grimrock

Such awesome, wow.

FML... Put the phone down and will pull again later.

yami4ct

Guess who's an idiot and shattered his phone making PAD unplayable for the next few days? This guy. There goes any chance of me rolling again in the NA godfest.

Going to try and transfer my US account to my iPad until I can go get my phone fixed.

jay23

So what's the standard button press Goemon team?

After yesterday I have Rodin and 2x yamato available.

Also have awoken ra, leilan and tengu in my monster box.

yami4ct

I think it shifts based on the dungeon. The main one I've seen is the KOG's one which I think was 3x Goemon, 2 x Rodin. I might have forgotten it. I'm sure someone can dig up that push button video.

Based on what you have, you can do

Goemon
Rodin
A.Ra
Yamato
Ult Tengu
Goemon

However, that's 1 skill boost short of having all skills up on turn 1. If you raised a second Tengu to replace Yamato or raised a second Goemon in placed of A.Ra and teamed up with Rodin, that would make it a full push-button team active on turn 1. You could also lead with Rodin instead of Goemon to give you enough HP to tank 1 turn to charge your skills. Depending on what you're farming and overall team ATK, you'd have to see if you're still able to 1-shot the boss with Goemon's active without skyfall luck.

Edit: ^^^ As Yami said it depends on the dungeon. I just automatically thought of Goemon/Zeus 10x farming. But yeah, it would be tuned for specific dungeons.

yami4ct

iCloud saved me and got my account to my iPad. Got 1 more roll on my US account. Dupe D. Kali.

Only thing I could possibly think to go 2x D Kali right now is RaDra, and since I don't have Indra yet he doesn't seem worthwhile. I also am a bit played out on the rainbow style anyway. It's funny, I keep being 1 member away from making a MP Dragon worth it. Someday one will sell me. That day, I will have the 300k waiting.

jay23

Thanks guys, so is it possible to use a push bottom team on kanetsugo or Hera sowilo?

I'm looking for kanetsugo farming videos on YouTube most are 2min+.

iCloud saved me and got my account to my iPad. Got 1 more roll on my US account. Dupe D. Kali.

Only thing I could possibly think to go 2x D Kali right now is RaDra, and since I don't have Indra yet he doesn't seem worthwhile. I also am a bit played out on the rainbow style anyway. It's funny, I keep being 1 member away from making a MP Dragon worth it. Someday one will sell me. That day, I will have the 300k waiting.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a MP dragon purchase as well. I have the arena 1 ra dragon team, but I haven't ran any rainbow leads and don't think I'd do too hot with it. Don't have A. Orochi for arena 2. I could make okay Yomidra and NepDra teams, but not ideal. I'm hoping for a new MP monster that some how fits my box, or I roll a few more ideal subs.

Thanks guys, so is it possible to use a push bottom team on kanetsugo or Hera sowilo?

You'd have to combo at Athena in hera sowilo. Thats the one part that slows down the farming for me.

hermit7

Will probably be able to finish bikinidora today, but won't be able to finish regular as well. She will probably end with around 80 or so, mostly extra hp.

Hopefully it can come back soon. Want to get a few more so I can run the new arena.

hermit7

Pulled a Sylvie yesterday and was wondering if she's worth slotting into my Bastet team. Who if anyone would you replace?

My Bastet team

Sylvie

Probably keep your team as is. Lei bei is not the greatest sub, but he does have 3 tpa. I find that oftentimes his orb change is too heavy for decent combos, and have switched him out for another board change.

When I am finished with skilling ruel I would probably toss her on. She has a useful and low cd orb change and three tpa.

Probably keep your team as is. Lei bei is not the greatest sub, but he does have 3 tpa. I find that oftentimes his orb change is too heavy for decent combos, and have switched him out for another board change.

When I am finished with skilling ruel I would probably toss her on. She has a useful and low cd orb change and three tpa.

I honestly don't see what Sylvie adds that you aren't already doing better. If you're replacing anyone, it'd be either Verd or Genbu, but I think both accomplish the same thing as Sylvie but better.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Liu bei does annoy me very often with his active but he hits hard so he is hard to replace.

Finally good a good Red lead in Gadius but aside from Yamato and Ronia I'm trying to figure out what other subs I can fill out the team with.

razterik

Courtesy of Setsu:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zN6pHjowc
Can obviously be done faster than this run. I do something similar, but use Verdandi board change for the dragon and Ares for final floor. Maybe could use Goemon, I never really checked the damage.

I run Sowilo with Ares, Yamato, Uriel, Urd. Row for second floor, TPA for trash and armor knight, orb change and rows on harder floors. Urd to combo down Athena, Yamato/Uriel to convert away dark on Venus.

It's not really possible to push button most descends because many have preemptive hits, combo checks, and skill binds, which are all issues for fast farming teams like Goemon.

yami4ct

Yeah I was thinking the same. Liu bei does annoy me very often with his active but he hits hard so he is hard to replace.

Finally good a good Red lead in Gadius but aside from Yamato and Ronia I'm trying to figure out what other subs I can fill out the team with.

All good Gadius teams run with various combinations of Uriels and Yamatos. Everything else is just a not as good filer sub.

yami4ct

Damn. Only have Yamato. Guess I'll hold off on him.

Gadius has decent Orb shift on his own and can run on other good Red Row subs (Ronia, Rodin, other Gadius), but basically nothing tops his full potential of 2x Yamato, 2x Uriel.

If you're goal is to throw together a serviceable mono-red squad for certain dungeons and fun, you still might find something workable.

Gadius has decent Orb shift on his own and can run on other good Red Row subs (Ronia, Rodin, other Gadius), but basically nothing tops his full potential of 2x Yamato, 2x Uriel.

If you're goal is to throw together a serviceable mono-red squad for certain dungeons and fun, you still might find something workable.

Yeah I have pretty solid teams for other colors

Dark: Yomi D, D Meta, A Luci
Green: Bastet, A Parvati
Blue: Sumire
Light: A Kirin, A Ra, Kali, A Ama

and no suitable red leads till now. I don't have an absolute need for it but I do want a red team to have.

yami4ct

Looking at my 2x D. Kali, are D Awoken Kirin teams still popular and viable? I'm half tempted to make one now. Thinking Kirin/D.Kali/D.Kali/D.Iza/A.Yomi/A. Kirin. I could throw Castor in over D.Iza in cases I don't need a shield.

What's the status of D. Kirin in the JP meta? I feel so disconnected from that team since Game8 doesn't cover it.

Well after having terrible rolls this morning, I farmed enough for one more roll this evening. Mother fucking Water Dragon Swordman
LLShC.gif
. I rolled that dickhead last GF and again this morning on my alt.

So 5 terrible rolls of hard earned, farmed stones, and nothing to show for it at all. I raged and bought a 30 pack. Primary target was Panda.
1- Andro - dupe, but useful
2 - Durga - New!
3 - Apollo - New! Going on my Saria team!
4 - Panda - I FUCKING DID IT!

Follow your dreams.

jay23

Courtesy of Setsu:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zN6pHjowc
Can obviously be done faster than this run. I do something similar, but use Verdandi board change for the dragon and Ares for final floor. Maybe could use Goemon, I never really checked the damage.

I run Sowilo with Ares, Yamato, Uriel, Urd. Row for second floor, TPA for trash and armor knight, orb change and rows on harder floors. Urd to combo down Athena, Yamato/Uriel to convert away dark on Venus.

It's not really possible to push button most descends because many have preemptive hits, combo checks, and skill binds, which are all issues for fast farming teams like Goemon.

Shiva dragon might be worth it alone for it's ability to farm plus eggs and make any ranking dungeon a breeze.

Ah I see guess I'll have to start saving stones for the next 10x event so I can run goemon/zeus till my eyes bleed.

I don't even mind kanetsugu since it's only 7 floors and with a Shiva active skill I can bypass the ninja floor quickly. Hopefully its up during most of the 10x event next time.

razterik

Looking at my 2x D. Kali, are D Awoken Kirin teams still popular and viable? I'm half tempted to make one now. Thinking Kirin/D.Kali/D.Kali/D.Iza/A.Yomi/A. Kirin. I could throw Castor in over D.Iza in cases I don't need a shield.

What's the status of D. Kirin in the JP meta? I feel so disconnected from that team since Game8 doesn't cover it.

Don't think Dark A.Sakuya is viable for Arena 2.0, so it's been largely abandoned as a gimmick team. Which makes sense considering you might as well run the stronger RaDra instead.

yami4ct

Don't think Dark A.Sakuya is viable for Arena 2.0, so it's been largely abandoned as a gimmick team. Which makes sense considering you might as well run the stronger RaDra instead.

I should probably start pulling for an Indra. For YomiDra to give me an Arena 2.0 team, I'd probably need both an Akechi and Eschamali. I'm already sitting on 2 D.Kalis, an Isis and an Orochi.

I don't really want to stick myself with another year or so of playing rainbow as my main, but I'm so close to an Arena 2.0 Ra Dra team that I should probably try to get the final piece. If I'm going to spend 300k MP on something, I better make it worth it.

Lyrian

Two warm-up rolls this morning...

Sylph
Grimrock

Such awesome, wow.

FML... Put the phone down and will pull again later.

Evening pulls:

Red Dragon Swordsman /sigh
Australis Okay, at least that's a GFE.
El-Chimera Grr....

Took one more late pull to try get anything on color or a Hero....

God damn Exa-Hydra. #&@*^*&^@*%@^@

5 out of 6 silvers. Not even a single troll gold.

Welp, with no solid new cards in over a month (outside of Australis), I guess that's Gungho telling me that I need to be building a green row team next.

That would be Uuevo Perseus, Gonia, AFreyja, Australis, flex spot, as a reasonably competent green row team?

coy

Got a dupe Pandora which I am thrilled about. I can leave the one I already have max skilled for the newer uvo and awaken this one. Between this pull and the midnight Akechi were some okay and some not-so-okay rolls (PADZ bleh). I was also able to get another Hero in Yamato. Then another Yamato but that is okay. I'll be saving the remaining stones for another godfest leaving today satisfied with my results.

saichi

missed Day 1... YOLO for Day 2... A SILVER? You can still roll silver in REM?

Chrono Turtle! (had anyone rolled this before?)

Rixa

I guessed it right, just trolls, no Bastet nor Isis. There is no point for 3rd LKali right?

- Ivory Dragon
- JW Chester
- LKali (3rd)

Shittyfest is shittyfest.

Rixa

You people calling L/DKali a shit roll....

<sigh> One day, my princesses...

Lets change. I give you one LKali, you give me one Bestcat.
I dont need 3 LKalis, but I would need one Bastet. Thus LKali pull would be great if it was my first.

DKali cant be shit roll, cause you can sell it for 50k mp, whilst LKali is "only" 15k mp.

You people calling L/DKali a shit roll....

<sigh> One day, my princesses...
I rolled my 4th and 5th Lkalis back to back. Right after my 4th Verdandi. Now I know how people rolling extra Lmetas and Grodins feel.

Rage sold them all for MP only to realize that I should've kept one of each in case the active skill transfer needs a spare.

I picked up a bunch of green row stuff: Perseus and Australis - that's totally where the meta is headed, right...? :| I already have Avalon Drake, Artemis, Ceres, etc.

missed Day 1... YOLO for Day 2... A SILVER? You can still roll silver in REM?

Chrono Turtle! (had anyone rolled this before?)
Great art but mine has been sitting in my box the whole time. Outdated active skill and no farmable skill ups.

MiTYH

Rolled 4 times, got the following:

- Cerebus Rider (dupe)
- Loki
- Gryps Rider
- Flashing-Clawed Cyberbeast, Leonis

All in all, it went okay. Loki seems like a great unit for my dark team which is really growing, and Leonis' artwork is amazing (though I have no idea how to use him)

forgrim

So pulled 3 more times, got:
Grodin
Australis
Vritra

To go with yesterdays
D. meta
Zuoh
Perseus
D. chester
CHRONOTURTLEEEE

All in all not bad, gungho telling me to build a green team

Rixa

I was toying little bit with my LKali team (I swapped LKalis, more plused to leader place):
f.LK is hypermaxed, combo of 6 x36 damage, 0 Light TPAs. Iam shocked how bad that damage is. You definitely need spiker & TPAs to add some juice. With TPAs you need better boards and more time to arrange them. Uhh, better to stay with Verd & YD & AL.

Bladelaw

No Isis on my rolls today. I did get a second DKali and FA Luci though so it's tough to be mad. Lot of good rolls too, again I only wanted Isis.

Zuoh (4th)
Urd (3rd)
DKali (2nd)
Anubis (1st!)
FA Luci (1st!!!)
Red Sonia (1st)

So...Which MP dragon is the "best"? ShivaDra looks like a great farm lead, YomiDra looks really versatile but a pain in the ass to evolve, RaDra looks real strong as a lead but requires a fair amount of skill. RagDrag is also a massive PITA to evolve and needs machines to shine as a lead.

Rixa

So...Which MP dragon is the "best"? ShivaDra looks like a great farm lead, YomiDra looks really versatile but a pain in the ass to evolve, RaDra looks real strong as a lead but requires a fair amount of skill. RagDrag is also a massive PITA to evolve and needs machines to shine as a lead.
Grats for 2 DKalis :p.
If you have the subs for Yomi Dragon and you can acquire evo materials (can you clear Legendary Earth or some other dungeon?) it is very easy to use. YD has helped me to clear many Mythical descends that I couldnt clear with Verdandi team.

In my YD team, all subs are different and I have all the colours, so I can do those restricted dungeons without changes to team.
YD / A.Haku / D/B Oku / D/G Persep / Nepnep

They say A.Haku is the must sub to have for YD and I agree. That board change has helped me so many times on bosses to one shot them and its not difficult to do similar damages than here with using 2 skills (Haku & Oku / Nepnep).
Sometimes A.Haku board fails to create enhanced orbs for dark, those times I use Nepnep (and I might use YD skill too) to fix the problem.

Top Bottom