• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

coy

Please not breakfast time again.

Dang, Sunday will be busy. Between Predra, farming for dark jewels and Yamato skillups, and attempting C10, my plate is full.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I want Awoken Isis. But for that I:
- Need to get Cleopatra as my last mat
- To get Cleopatra, I need to first unlock the dungeon for it, which first means beating Ancient Dragons' Mystic Realm
- Beating that means I either have to struggle through Scarlet Desert Isle on a prayer with Verdandi or get a better Tricolor lead
- I have Shiva, but to survive the dungeon I'll first need to awaken him
- Can't awaken Shiva until I get 1 more Red Jewel
- Will have to pray to the RNG gods that I get a Red Jewel from the PAL Egg Machine
- PAL Egg Machine only here for the next week

This game

razterik

IgvABVIl.jpg
vnsWJ75l.jpg
Arena stone get. Took five attempts as a blind clear without looking up each floor. Might have made it through earlier had I been paying more attention, but it was good practice and I'm not using up stamina right now anyway. Don't have anything else to add that isn't a rant about certain upcoming changes, so I'll leave it at that.

So I want Awoken Isis. But for that I:
- Need to get Cleopatra as my last mat
- To get Cleopatra, I need to first unlock the dungeon for it, which first means beating Ancient Dragons' Mystic Realm
- Beating that means I either have to struggle through Scarlet Desert Isle on a prayer with Verdandi or get a better Tricolor lead
- I have Shiva, but to survive the dungeon I'll first need to awaken him
- Can't awaken Shiva until I get 1 more Red Jewel
- Will have to pray to the RNG gods that I get a Red Jewel from the PAL Egg Machine
- PAL Egg Machine only here for the next week

This game
You can probably just use Isis herself on most/all the whiskey dragon dungeons; that was the strategy most of us used back then.

jay23

I can't for the life of me get past indigo in challenge level 8. I've tried awoken Ra and sakuya already.

Need to hurry up and get my dark team ready for these 7x6 boards.

Edit: of course right after I post that I get the clear with this awoken ra team

Got a badpy as well which is exactly what I wanted.

Quantum

First time experiencing iron strength plaza - didn't stone, but had full stamina.

I haven't run Dmeta often - I obtained it late and over the last year I've been feeding extreme king metal tamadras only getting to lvl.2

4 dub-metalits, 4 skill levels.

RNG was on my side today I guess (unless its 100% - then this post is kinda silly.)

Man, bummed that Arena 2.0 is coming so soon when we just got Ragnarok and farmable resists. At first I looked at Ragnarok as settling for people without a second DKali. But with the upcoming God Orochi buff, I think Ragnarok + Orochi may look even better than DKali + A.Isis. Still full color coverage, 100% SBR, a lot more HP, and Orochi gets God-killer which is even further amplified by its double TPAs. And of course Orochi's delay is way more useful than bind clear against some problem spawns.

I decided I'll still go ahead and invest the latents for 1.0 farming since it looks like guerilla PreDra is going to be a regular thing. So should be plenty of latents to go around.

yami4ct

The problem with Ragnarok is buying 2 MP monsters isn't feasible for most players and he really has zero use outside of being a great sub.

It's totally understandable to talk about him from a theory crafting standpoint, and obviously whales can do what they want, but talking about Ragnarok RaDra teams to me is like talking Cloud System teams. Theoretically interesting, but impractical to the point it's not all that useful.

jay23

Guys I need dark izanami for awoken Yomi is there anywhere I can get one right now?
I can't clear yamato rush

Bladelaw

Need some advice on a couple monsters. I finally managed to get the jewels for Awoken Sakuya.

For a light team I need to use Indra. Which uevo is best for Sakuya? I'm thinking the first to retain god typing since the extra row awakening isn't going to be useful terribly often with Sakuya.

The other is Pandora, I don't plan on using her to lead (I have AALuci, and the MP for YomiDra) should I go UUevo or Awoken? If I had two this would be a no brainer.

Is Gadius worth investing in if I've got a basically ideal A. Shiva team?

EDIT: Also anyone use AALuci a lot? He's been carrying me through Hera-Beorc and it hurts when he's not available.

PS: Yami you have no idea how many clears I put in today thanks to your AALuci. Awoken Sakuya exists almost entirely on the back of him.

hermit7

Need some advice on a couple monsters. I finally managed to get the jewels for Awoken Sakuya.

For a light team I need to use Indra. Which uevo is best for Sakuya? I'm thinking the first to retain god typing since the extra row awakening isn't going to be useful terribly often with Sakuya.

The other is Pandora, I don't plan on using her to lead (I have AALuci, and the MP for YomiDra) should I go UUevo or Awoken? If I had two this would be a no brainer.

Is Gadius worth investing in if I've got a basically ideal A. Shiva team?

EDIT: Also anyone use AALuci a lot? He's been carrying me through Hera-Beorc and it hurts when he's not available.

PS: Yami you have no idea how many clears I put in today thanks to your AALuci. Awoken Sakuya exists almost entirely on the back of him.

I use Luci a fair amount, Shiva is always up and I switch between Yomi d, Luci and have been working on a. Pandora as well.

Deciding between those awoken and Uevo is hard. Which are you going to use for a lead and which as a sub. Awoken loses god typing which can be significant. She has a little better stats though (HP is a big boost)

Uevo has better awakenings I think and has god type.

colinp

Banned
I usually have AA Luci up (along with A Sakuya) except on weekends when I put up Ganesha. Happy to switch him
In if you need me to though.

343 798 271

b33r

I have just about enough points for a mp Dragon. I just pulled eschamali last god fest and I already have haku, akechi, okuni, castor, diza, etc... I wanted to buy yomi Dragon, but with arena 1 going away I'm hesitant.

I already have a Shiva Dragon with 3 Ares, so I don't need any farming help. I don't have the proper subs for ra Dragon.

So gaf, any advice? Is it worth getting yomi Dragon still, or should I wait for something else? I already have the mats ready for him as it was my plan at first.

Bladelaw

I have just about enough points for a mp Dragon. I just pulled eschamali last god fest and I already have haku, akechi, okuni, castor, diza, etc... I wanted to buy yomi Dragon, but with arena 1 going away I'm hesitant.

I already have a Shiva Dragon with 3 Ares, so I don't need any farming help. I don't have the proper subs for ra Dragon.

So gaf, any advice? Is it worth getting yomi Dragon still, or should I wait for something else? I already have the mats ready for him as it was my plan at first.

YomiDra is clearing Arena 2 in JP isn't she? I think it's still a safe bet as I'm in basically the same position. I even have the Badpiis saved for her.

linsivvi

I've only seen Arena 2 teams with Ra Dragon and Indra with enough dark/light/hp latent to counter the first turn attack, so maybe that's a better investment?

Edit: I think Yomi Dragon works better as subs for Lucifer in Arena 2. Rest of the team is essentially the same.

Bladelaw

I've only seen Arena 2 teams with Ra Dragon and Indra with enough dark/light/hp latent to counter the first turn attack, so maybe that's a better investment?

Edit: I think Yomi Dragon works better as subs for Lucifer in Arena 2. Rest of the team is essentially the same.
Yeah, the investment is still valid it seems.

That said if you got the subs RaDra is certainly a great choice.

Quantum

I'm kinda in the same boat - I was going to just on YomiD (I have ShivaD as well) but decided to wait for future creep)

I have just been sitting on the MP points and have been slowly getting more - not from IAP just from the game and selling 3rd drops - I still debate getting either RaD or YomiD with every cycle, and was close to buying one after seeing the ragnarok dragon - but I know the second I do the meta will change and will miss out on the next thing...

Rixa

Hmm. Fumbled and died to Haku invade at Athena dungeon. Run it again and got invade.
Skill upped Haku 1/1 with Dark Jewel, now my A.Haku is hypermaxed.

Cause Predras at my timezone are 05:00 - 06:00 in the morning, planning to wakeup around 5:45 (normally wake up in the 5:55).
Having under 1k stamina to rank up and full stamina, I can run 99 sta dungeon once and then 50 sta once. Getting rank up, running 99 again and 50 sta. Thats the plan in theory :).

And oh, according padx we are getting Challenge Descend 8 tomorrow. That last fight is doable for me :eek:. What sorcery is this?

jay23

So I think I can beat challenge level 9, didn't think I had a chance since no awakenings is always tough.

Made it to Zeus on my first try but couldn't stall long enough for lkali active. I think if I replace one of the kalis with echidna or another delay I can get it done.

PADX says 1 week, from the 7th to the 13th.

ROFL at 12 cost legend Tengu required for the snowglobe this time around....

Dammit I thought we were done with those low cost dungeons.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Arena stone get. Took five attempts as a blind clear without looking up each floor. Might have made it through earlier had I been paying more attention, but it was good practice and I'm not using up stamina right now anyway. Don't have anything else to add that isn't a rant about certain upcoming changes, so I'll leave it at that.

Nice man. That's the exact same team I would like to run (except debating whether I should pull the trigger on YomiDra b/c I don't have Okuni). How is the burst dmg comparing with RaDra (assuming using an avg Haku+Akechi board)?

So I think I can beat challenge level 9, didn't think I had a chance since no awakenings is always tough.

Made it to Zeus on my first try but couldn't stall long enough for lkali active. I think if I replace one of the kalis with echidna or another delay I can get it done.

I used AShiva. The RCV boost helps a lot for stalling, and you have 2 delayers which makes the run more stable theoretically. Yet it still took me 3 tries.
VE9eiVE.png

Lyrian

Dammit I thought we were done with those low cost dungeons.

It's not even a L/D snowglobe; its a blue one.

For those in the thread looking for it, there is a dark resist latent behind Sonia Gran.

Piis are Zeus+Hera, Deus ex Machina, and the three Special(Rogue) dungeons.

I'm impressed at the people that got to C9 and C10. I was thrilled for clearing C7, looked at Indigo's 11 million HP in C8 and just said NOPE and called it a day. One day, the RNG will eventually let me roll the components for a decent high end team.

Bladelaw

Well Athena is max skilled, Jewels needed to get YomiDra's evo (including component monsters) done. Rank 250 get. All further Dark Jewels will be going to A. Haku for hopeful skill ups.

razterik

Nice man. That's the exact same team I would like to run (except debating whether I should pull the trigger on YomiDra b/c I don't have Okuni). How is the burst dmg comparing with RaDra (assuming using an avg Haku+Akechi board)?

I'd say YomiDra is required just for the flexibility and bind safety she brings to the team. I can't think of anything else that works as well. I don't have RaDra so I have no real basis for comparison, but I hit Light Kali for about 16.5 mil with an enhanced two row, one dark combo board using just Akechi and one Lucifer active. Don't remember what I had for sky falls, but it wasn't much. That's not really a safe burst for Dark Kali, but I'm fairly certain I could hit the 21 mil required there with A.Haku->Akechi and better board management. Biggest problem for the team is probably hitting Beelzebub before Dark Kali, which is why most players run A.Loki instead of A.Pandora. I haven't put plus eggs on him yet, so decided against using him this time. I did really like the extra orb change and haste, though.

Best thing about JP Challenge Descended 8 is nearly every dungeon had jewel invades and it ran during 10x, so it was a great chance to farm plus eggs and jewels. Doesn't look like NA will be so lucky, unfortunately.

jay23

Welp I made it all the way to Zeus again with l.Kali+ra active but didn't one shot him so I got wrecked :(

It's not even a L/D snowglobe; its a blue one.

For those in the thread looking for it, there is a dark resist latent behind Sonia Gran.

Piis are Zeus+Hera, Deus ex Machina, and the three Special(Rogue) dungeons.

I'm impressed at the people that got to C9 and C10. I was thrilled for clearing C7, looked at Indigo's 11 million HP in C8 and just said NOPE and called it a day. One day, the RNG will eventually let me roll the components for a decent high end team.

Ha if it's blue I probably won't even bother trying to form a low cost team in time.

Don't remind me of indigo those locked poison and jammer orbs are the worst.

New JP Challenge dungeon is interesting in that every mob has a CD of 99, meaning it's purely a test of your ability to combo hard with the fixed team of Horus.

mike23

Managed to beat level 10 of the One Shot Challenge. I beat the first nine the first day, but I put off the last one because I wasn't sure I could beat it. Took 3 tries.

First loss was because I didn't see the Geomon preemptive. I put 5 fire resists on Orochi to just make it by the preempt. Second try I lost on Goemon because I didn't heal enough on the first turn. Third run went well. I got lucky on the Piis. There were two badpys and I was able to break their defense to save Indra. Against Vishnu, I used Indra turn 1 since I wanted all the time I could get. I knocked him below 50% the first turn though and got punished with a bind, so I just healed up and waited it out. He had healed up to about 60% so I used Orochi and killed him.

I could have gotten away with just Isis instead of Orochi since I ended up killing him in two real turns anyway.

Didn't get to farm Predras last time, but I spent 3 stones this time.

Fire: 2
Water: 2
Wood: 2
Light: 2
Dark: 8
HP: 0
ATK: 2
RCV: 2
TE: 5
AutoRCV: 0

Not sure how to spend all these. Put the RCV on A.Ama and a few TE on SS Isis. Thinking about making a couple rainbow resist cards, and putting the rest of the darks on my Arena 1/2 teams.

Do Luci/Pandora Arena 2 teams still use dark resists primarily?

coy

Didn't get to farm Predras last time, but I spent 3 stones this time.

Fire: 2
Water: 2
Wood: 2
Light: 2
Dark: 8
HP: 0
ATK: 2
RCV: 2
TE: 5
AutoRCV: 0

Not sure how to spend all these. Put the RCV on A.Ama and a few TE on SS Isis. Thinking about making a couple rainbow resist cards, and putting the rest of the darks on my Arena 1/2 teams.

Do Luci/Pandora Arena 2 teams still use dark resists primarily?
Jeez, I am having bad luck. Got at least 5 of every other latent but 0 dark.

razterik

85 runs of PreDra.

5 dark resist.

What the hell.

I'm just shy of building full resist teams with every other color and not even halfway there for dark.

Finger slipped on my very first Arena 1.0 attempt and I died on one of the easier early floors. Cleared it on my second try. Went very smoothly. Fortunately I got an easy RNG path and avoided all the problematic spawns. Damn shame I only have a couple days to run it before it goes into guerrilla rotation. Good thing is that the only monster I'll need to replace for Arena 2.0 is A.Isis.

NQX6Tv2.jpg

tZpEHxo.jpg

3M8Suhh.jpg

Rixa

Gratz to everyone for Arena clears :)

My Predra plan almost worked. Was not fully awaken and well yeah died once in 99 sta battle. Didnt have hearts & darks and skills were not ready due to skill delay and didnt take notice to my health before entering to that floor.. Managed to grab 4 latents & decided to use latents to my Verdandi because I rather put those different colour resists to use than keep them in inventory.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How many months will it take until we get Awoken U&Y ?

Right now im not interested in playing much PaD but i know will be back in full force once U&Y gets a new version.

Rixa

Right now im not interested in playing much PaD but i know will be back in full force once U&Y gets a new version.
Do you have some info about A.U&Y? My alt has 2 of them and kinda curious to see what would I need to get them Awoken.

Alts biggest problem is that inventory is blown away. I have good units but not the nukes or great team :( See my alts inv:
And that leads to another problem, not being able to clear descends where one gets right subs (A.Haku ie). For example Yesterday managed to clear twice (and fail twice) Descended Carnival and got Sopdet for Ra, but still missing Sphinx. I got Noah too tho :).

They're too busy with Greco2 to care about about the crappiness of JP2. So maybe forever till JP twitter remembers they are a thing.

Bladelaw

Well My PreDRA runs went smooth at least. I didn't get many (any) of the latents I wanted but I'm going to try to make the most of it.

My A. Shiva team is getting the +RCV/HP latents (RCV on Urd/Yamato, HP on the rest).

That leaves me with 1 finger and one resist of everything but dark. What the hell do I do with the autoheal ones?

I managed to snag my first Heavy Metal Dragon so now I really do have everything needed to evo YomiDra. I really hope she rotates in on the 15th. I'm only missing one badpii to max skill her too. Now I just need the team cost to fit her in my dark team.

I'm planning on running: AALuci, YomiDra, Diza, A. Haku, Akechi, AALuci. The question I have is should I slot Eschamali over Diza/Haku/Akechi?

razterik

A.ALucifer doesn't need Dark Izanami at all. He's already ridiculously tanky. Slot Eschamali over her. You may even consider dropping A.Haku for another more row oriented sub since Escha does that job well enough.

Bladelaw

A.ALucifer doesn't need Dark Izanami at all. He's already ridiculously tanky. Slot Eschamali over her. You may even consider dropping A.Haku for another more row oriented sub since Escha does that job well enough.

The Haku/Akechi bomb is tough to give up, that said I have Awoken Pandora who is a better row fit. Is there a more suitable row based Full Board Clear? UEvo Zuoh once we get it seems perfect for that slot. 2 rows, makes wood to feed Eschamali, makes Fire to feed Akechi and has 2 rows a TPA and Dragon killer. Just need him to come to NA.

razterik

A.Pandora is pretty good. Her uuevo might be even better due to stats. Zuoh looks great, but keep in mind that he brings a considerable drop in RCV. Maybe it's best to keep A.Haku for at least that reason, but it's going to depend on how comfortable you are running the team with different RCV thresholds. I would suggest you experiment a bit and see which choice feels right. I will hunt you down if you don't use Eschamali, heh.

Bladelaw

A.Pandora is pretty good. Her uuevo might be even better due to stats. Zuoh looks great, but keep in mind that he brings a considerable drop in RCV. Maybe it's best to keep A.Haku for at least that reason, but it's going to depend on how comfortable you are running the team with different RCV thresholds. I would suggest you experiment a bit and see which choice feels right. I will hunt you down if you don't use Eschamali, heh.

lol yeah she is impressively powerful and I'm super glad to have her. I really need an AALuci BFF. I'm running A. Bastet, A. Shiva, and AALuci whenever I can find a pair lead. I used to run Verd but holy shit is AALuci strong and easy to use. Being able to drop a bomb any time while having the HP/RCV to last through almost anything is almost OP. I say almost because occasionally you have to fight through some bullshit. If I ever get Skill Delay res Latents they're going on ASAP.

UUevo Panda was probably where I should have gone for this team specifically but I hadn't skilled her up so I went with Awoken to discourage the effort and expand my dark team options when AALuci friend isn't up.

I have a spare 297 waiting for a home. I'll probably feed it to Guan Yinping to try to tackle Tengu. I could also lead with Gilgamesh. I'll need to give my low cost units some exp before I try though.

Bladelaw

I have a spare 297 waiting for a home. I'll probably feed it to Guan Yinping to try to tackle Tengu. I could also lead with Gilgamesh. I'll need to give my low cost units some exp before I try though.

As much as I'd love a snow globe I don't want to suffer through 12 cost Tengu for it. While I may be able to cobble a team together for it, it'll have no chance to clear. Is there any other reason to run this beyond the Snow Globe?

razterik

You also need to finish Tengu to earn the second all dungeons clear stone.

I do have hyper A.ALuci up in a slot most of the time now. :) I made my single Pandora in NA the awoken form and don't regret it, but the uuevo is an option to consider if you pull a second.

Since jewel invades are on for Challenge Descended 8, here's the old rewards/invades chart from when this set ran in JP:
Everything should still be the same. Note the rogue dungeons at the top have a very high invade rate. It would be really nice if we get 10x to overlap this weekend.

hermit7

You also need to finish Tengu to earn the second all dungeons clear stone.

I do have hyper A.ALuci up in a slot most of the time now. :) I made my single Pandora in NA the awoken form and don't regret it, but the uuevo is an option to consider if you pull a second.

Since jewel invades are on for Challenge Descended 8, here's the old rewards/invades chart from when this set ran in JP:
Everything should still be the same. Note the rogue dungeons at the top have a very high invade rate. It would be really nice if we get 10x to overlap this weekend.

Seems to be the same. I got a karin invade on deus ex earlier.

That doesn't mean it is entirely the same cause I only got one but it supports it.

Top Bottom