• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

Officially last day for non-descended Arena 1 in NA. Good luck to anyone still trying for the stone and an easier pii drop.

Farmable dark resist latents status - ???

yami4ct

I've given up on farming Arena in both my JP and US account. It's clear GH intends to keep it ahead of power creep, so the prospect of me having a team so perfect I can farm it is laughable since I'm not a whale. Even if I do get one, going through 21 tough as nails floors for a 1/5 chance of getting the Pii I want isn't where I want to spend my time.

I still hold both arenas as an end goal in terms of getting a single clear, but challenge dungeons, gifts (In JP at least), or alt dungeon farming seem like more sensible ways for me to get Piis as a non-whale.

divusrex

I'm going to pause the IAP status on my account, I've went too HAM with the packs during the recent godfests. I might do a few pulls for PCGF and any collabs I'm interested in, but otherwise I think I'm set for a long time. The current problem now is I have too many teams to work on...

https://www.padherder.com/user/divusrex

I do have two questions, and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is A. Susano a better sub compared to super UUVO Perseus on an A. Bastet team?

Should I even consider buying YomiDra (don't have Akechi nor Eschamali)? Or NepDra? Or not even buy the MP dragons and wait to see what the next round of MP monsters are?

yami4ct

I'm going to pause the IAP status on my account, I've went too HAM with the packs during the recent godfests. I might do a few pulls for PCGF and any collabs I'm interested in, but otherwise I think I'm set for a long time. The current problem now is I have too many teams to work on...

https://www.padherder.com/user/divusrex

I do have two questions, and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is A. Susano a better sub compared to super UUVO Perseus on an A. Bastet team?

Should I even consider buying YomiDra (don't have Akechi nor Eschamali)? Or NepDra? Or not even buy the MP dragons and wait to see what the next round of MP monsters are?

Question A) It would be situational. It's best to build both. The two questions would be how many SBRs do you have without Percy and does the dungeon you're running have heavy pre-empt? The main reason to use Percy is he gives you a large number of Skill Bind resist and makes getting 100% easier. His active is a bit too much for Bastet teams, so if you can get 100% without him he becomes less useful. If the dungeon you go into has a ton of preemptive attacks, though, A Susano would likely be worth losing 100% SBR.

B) Do you expect to IAP enough to get to 300k again quickly? If so, you can be a little loser with your MP dragon purchases. Given what you have, I honestly wouldn't recommend an MP dragon in general, though. You don't have enough great subs to justify.

If you aren't going to get to 300k quickly again, then you need to be even stricter. If you likely will only be able to afford one in the foreseeable future, make it count and have a perfect team ahead of time.

jiggle

Also it's a quasi-farmable source of orbs which is not bad as well.
Have you noticed the jewel drop rates being lower today?
I don't see any mention of it over at reddit
But I went from 13 jewels yesterday(across two accounts) to 1 single jewel today
RNG and all, but that's a pretty big difference

While losing permanent Arena 1 sucks, I'm looking forward to the new +stats display. Hope we also get 10x to make use of it right away, with Goemon being in the current challenge set.

Also, I thought I got rid of all my low-cost cards, with Red Chaser being my main Tengu lead. But fortunately I found out I still had Gilgamesh which I forgot was 12 cost until I ordered my box by cost, seeing if I could scavenge a team for Tengu. Being Physical/Fire, he also pairs well with any Guan Yingping or Red Chaser friends. I'll leave him up overnight in case anyone needs to clear Tengu.

divusrex

Question A) It would be situational. It's best to build both. The two questions would be how many SBRs do you have without Percy and does the dungeon you're running have heavy pre-empt? The main reason to use Percy is he gives you a large number of Skill Bind resist and makes getting 100% easier. His active is a bit too much for Bastet teams, so if you can get 100% without him he becomes less useful. If the dungeon you go into has a ton of preemptive attacks, though, A Susano would likely be worth losing 100% SBR.

B) Do you expect to IAP enough to get to 300k again quickly? If so, you can be a little loser with your MP dragon purchases. Given what you have, I honestly wouldn't recommend an MP dragon in general, though. You don't have enough great subs to justify.

If you aren't going to get to 300k quickly again, then you need to be even stricter. If you likely will only be able to afford one in the foreseeable future, make it count and have a perfect team ahead of time.

A.Bastet (lead)/ Kaede/ Liu Bei/ Verdandi/ A. Susano/ (Friend lead)

Without Perseus, I have 60% SBR (not including the friend leader and once I max awaken Verd). I guess I'll have to crunch some numbers to see if replacing Liu Bei for Perseus is a good idea. Or I could wait for a Green gala and possibly try my luck again in hopes of pulling Vishnu...

I'll take your advice and hold onto the MP for now. I can see what you mean in terms of not having the most optimal subs for any of the MP dragons. The only reason I thought about YomiDra is I've seen that card being a rated as a decent sub on an A.Pando team. I'll eventually get to another 300k, but by that time there will most likely be new MP cards to get for whatever meta shift occurs.

Thank you for your input! :)

razterik

Whole bunch of FFCD collab cards getting ult evos, including everyone's favorite Juggler.

Haha, keep that troll train rollin', GungHo.

yami4ct

A.Bastet (lead)/ Kaede/ Liu Bei/ Verdandi/ A. Susano/ (Friend lead)

Without Perseus, I have 60% SBR (not including the friend leader and once I max awaken Verd). I guess I'll have to crunch some numbers to see if replacing Liu Bei for Perseus is a good idea. Or I could wait for a Green gala and possibly try my luck again in hopes of pulling Vishnu...

I'll take your advice and hold onto the MP for now. I can see what you mean in terms of not having the most optimal subs for any of the MP dragons. The only reason I thought about YomiDra is I've seen that card being a rated as a decent sub on an A.Pando team. I'll eventually get to another 300k, but by that time there will most likely be new MP cards to get for whatever meta shift occurs.

Thank you for your input! :)

Yomidra is a fantastic dark sub, but she's honestly pretty down there in terms of A. Panda teams. She can be great, but overall there are much better options and she's not worth 300k MP just for that team. The major thing she provides for Dark Teams is bind heals, and A. Panda has that baked in. The big advantage over regular panda would be she heals binds and is unbindable herself, but given most A. Panda squads seem to be using another Panda in addition to the leaders means all 3 getting bound outside of a 'bind all dark' scenario is really low, so YomiDra's niche becomes less needed.

jiggle

Whole bunch of FFCD collab cards getting ult evos, including everyone's favorite Juggler.

Haha, keep that troll train rollin', GungHo.
Fuck I just purged almost all the FFCD trash
And the only two I kept, thief and santa dark Vera, are not getting ult
What r the odds lol
Sad

HGH

Banned
I'm never sure what to do with branching Ultimate Evos. The Awoken forms seem to be the ideal endgame goal for most but that's out of my reach right now.
Example: I have an I&I, am I better off leaving them as is (since I want that water L.Skill) or do I ult evo now and revert them back later when I have the materials? Those Healer and Balanced forms just don't seem too good to build around.
And then there's stuff like Siegfried that I'm just not too sure about/don't get. Same typing, one form has 100 less stats than the other, an extra Awakening for its subelement, and x0.5 more damage to its L.Skill. Does it just come down to "I want this subelement in my team" or something?

Rixa

After I have (not yet) plused my dark team, its time to plus AO, because reasons.
Screenshot_2016-03-09-14-18-45.png

Have you noticed the jewel drop rates being lower today?
I don't see any mention of it over at reddit
But I went from 13 jewels yesterday(across two accounts) to 1 single jewel today
RNG and all, but that's a pretty big difference
Haven't been playing much this week so i can't tell, sorry.

danthefan

I'm really early in the game here about rank 11 or 12.

I have limited points to create a team so should I fill it with low level subs or pick just the one higher level? The low level subs seem fairly useless.

Bladelaw

I have limited points to create a team so should I fill it with low level subs or pick just the one higher level? The low level subs seem fairly useless.

What did you get for your first pull? That can determine a lot of where you should be focusing on.

Even if you don't have the team cost to field much there's lots of Evolution Materials that only cost 1 to slot in and have ok stats and great active abilities. Some of the advice I received initially was to use your starter dragon as lead, then fill with same color subs.

Just keep plugging away at the normal dungeons until you hit a road block, switch to technical dungeons and keep building rank. Once you can afford your starting pull look at its leader skill and grab subs that help you fulfill it. PADX has drop locations for pretty much everything and a really comprehensive search.

Kreed

I'm never sure what to do with branching Ultimate Evos. The Awoken forms seem to be the ideal endgame goal for most but that's out of my reach right now.
Example: I have an I&I, am I better off leaving them as is (since I want that water L.Skill) or do I ult evo now and revert them back later when I have the materials? Those Healer and Balanced forms just don't seem too good to build around.
And then there's stuff like Siegfried that I'm just not too sure about/don't get. Same typing, one form has 100 less stats than the other, an extra Awakening for its subelement, and x0.5 more damage to its L.Skill. Does it just come down to "I want this subelement in my team" or something?

Keep in mind that many forms/additions to this game are added after the fact, so a lot of forms don't make sense with the current end game because they were made for a lot easier content that used to be end game with later forms being made for the now much much harder end game content. You can always evolve and then revert once you're further along in the game and Awoken form materials are easier to obtain. Just keep your end goal in mind for how much effort you put into the team. Example, with Idunn and Idunna, you're mostly going to be building up water subs regardless of her typing in her different forms, so just build up water subs for her to eventually be Awoken.

Don't worry too much about Siegfried, until he gets a stronger form he's mostly just a place holder until you can get better blue orb makers.

Stick with low level subs until you get higher rank to replace them. Just don't put a lot of time/effort into the useless stuff.

danthefan

What did you get for your first pull? That can determine a lot of where you should be focusing on.

Even if you don't have the team cost to field much there's lots of Evolution Materials that only cost 1 to slot in and have ok stats and great active abilities. Some of the advice I received initially was to use your starter dragon as lead, then fill with same color subs.

Just keep plugging away at the normal dungeons until you hit a road block, switch to technical dungeons and keep building rank. Once you can afford your starting pull look at its leader skill and grab subs that help you fulfill it. PADX has drop locations for pretty much everything and a really comprehensive search.

Thanks. I have DQ&XQ as my main. I need to find out what evolution materials are!

If I lose in a dungeon what happens, is there a punishment?

Thanks. I have DQ&XQ as my main. I need to find out what evolution materials are!

If I lose in a dungeon what happens, is there a punishment?

You just lose the stamina and any drops you had gotten before the loss. DQXQ is probably an okay starter. You could re-roll during a godfest for a better starter if you want.

Any information you'd need is here http://puzzledragonx.com/ if you didn't know yet.

razterik

Pretty sure they're talking about the current JP ranking dungeon, which has all five Chinese that drop orbs at a low rate and Fagan as the boss.

Bladelaw

Any soloable multiplayer dungeons I should do before the update? I ran through Zaerog a few times but I didn't want to burn stamina in places where I was guaranteed to get wrecked.

I'm pissed at myself for screwing up a perfect run of scarlet. Haku invaded on the Grimoire floor which is the hardest one for Yomidra. But later I tried to stall a turn, forgetting that Scarlet was already enraged and she destroyed me.

jay23

Just had the biggest scare ever, phone slipped out of my hand and I pressed "delete all" almost deleted my 100+ stored mail rewards.

Quantum

Just had the biggest scare ever, phone slipped out of my hand and I pressed "delete all" almost deleted my 100+ stored mail rewards.

for future reference, you can't delete unopened mail that way.

the delete all function will only work on mail that has been read after the reward has been received.

Lyrian

Next event schedule up....

TL;DR

--- Coin dungeon DIza dark resist latent 5x4 (classic GungHo troll)
--- 3x Normals, timed periods of 1.5 EXP in Normals (no 10x descends this time)
--- Angels of Fate invades
--- 1/2 Stamina Multiplayer
--- "Select" coin dungeons 2x drop rates
--- 2.5x Skillup + Great/Super chance
--- Latent invades in legendary technicals, with 20x + egg rate simultaneously
--- Wood Carnival is back

Verdant Overture Event

[Duration]: 3/11 (Fri) - 3/20 (Sun) UTC-8

This event starts at 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) and ends at 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 AM (PDT).

As Winter passes and with Spring just around the corner, Puzzle & Dragons welcomes this new beginning with the Verdant Overture Event! Spring is a time to play with friends, so the Puzzle & Dragons team has cut all Multiplayer Dungeon Stamina costs by half! Team up and obtain those rare monsters! And for the first time ever, Metalits will be invading Castle of Satan! This event will feature a brand new Gift Dungeon, Four-Leaf Blessing, as well as a bevy of Special Dungeons, such as the Wood Carnival and Lightless Devil’s Nest dungeons! Let the arrival of Spring resonate and invigorate you!

■① Daily Login Bonuses

*This bonus starts at 3/11 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PST) and ends at 3/21 (Mon), 4:59 AM (PDT). 3/11 - 3/20: 1 free Magic Stone delivered daily (10 Total) *Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 (PST)/4:59 AM (PDT) of the following day. *To receive Login Bonuses, players must have available space in their in-game mail.

■② Nature’s Offering

The cold weather has warmed, and dormant flowers have begun to blossom; the signs of Spring are upon us. For this event, we are offering two gift dungeons as well as a new Snow Globe Dragon Dungeon, Four-Leaf Blessing! Clear this dungeon to claim a Snow Globe Dragon and a Magic Stone!

3/11 - 3/17: Experience of a Lifetime
3/14 - 3/15: Four-Leaf Blessing
3/18 - 3/20: Gift from the Holy Beasts

■③ Goddess of Creation

*This dungeon is available from 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) to 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 AM (PDT). For this event, Izanami Descended! will debut as a Coin Dungeon! There will be a board restriction in place that utilizes a (5x4 Board). This dungeon comes in Mythical and Legend Plus difficulties. Select Coin Dungeons will also have 2x Drop Rates! Izanami Descended will feature rare Latent TAMADRA (Dark Dmg. Red.) invades! For details on the Coin Dungeon lineup that started on 3/1 (Tues) and ends on 3/15 (Tues) see here. Izanami Descended! (5x4 Board) (FIRST TIME!)

Ruins of the Star Vault Notes: *2x Egg Drop rates do not apply to apply to all dungeons, such as Descended Dungeons included in the lineup. *Coin Dungeons will be affected by the shift to Pacific Daylight Time on 3/13. For more details see our announcement here.

■④ Turning of the Season

The arrival of Spring means that many animals have begun to awaken from their hibernation slumber. Waking up with an empty stomach, they must ready themselves for the hunt! To celebrate the coming feeding season, this event features the Wood Carnival Dungeon! This dungeon is great for farming valuable skill ups for your wood attribute monsters!

3/11 - 3/20: Challenge Dungeons!
3/11 - 3/20: Wood Carnival Notes: *Challenge Dungeon awards are available only up to 3/21 (Mon), UTC-8. *Please take special note of end times for receiving rewards. End times are reflected in UTC-8. For more details see here.

■⑤1/2 Stamina in Multiplayer Dungeons

[Starting]: After the planned maintenance ending on 3/10 (Thurs).

*This bonus ends at the star of a planned maintenance starting on 3/24 (Thurs), 1:00 AM PDT.

Extending before and after the duration of the Verdant Overture event, all Multiplayer Dungeon Stamina costs will be halved! Double up on the time you get to play with friends, with the best that Multiplayer Mode has to offer. Also for a limited time during the Verdant Overture event, Lightless Devils’ Nest will return! Run all difficulties for an additional Magic Stone.

3/14 - 3/20: Lightless Devils’ Nest Notes: *If players have cleared Lightless Devil’s Nest previously, they will still receive a Magic Stone as a first time clear bonus for completing the Multiplayer Dungeon version. *The end times for Stamina reductions in Multiplayer Dungeons will be determined by the start of an additional maintenance.

■⑥ Angels of Fate in Descended Dungeons

*This bonus starts at 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) and ends at 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 AM (PDT).

During the event, the Angels of Fate will have a chance of appearing as rare invades! They will appear in Descended Dungeons, including those in Coin Dungeons, at Mythical difficulty or higher. See our Angels of For more details. See here for the upcoming dungeon schedule containing Descended Dungeon info: http://puzzleanddragons.us/events/ Notes: *The Angels of Fate event does not apply to Multiplayer Dungeons, the Descended Carnival or the Izanami Descended! (5x4 Board) dungeon currently available from the Coin Dungeons menu.

■⑦ Metalit Invades in Castle of Satan

*This bonus is available from 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) to 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 AM (PDT).

The mightiest Mythlit of them all is now available to collect as a rare invade! Appearing in Castle of Satan and Castle of Satan in the Abyss, the Metalit currently skills up Jester Wizard. Collect them while you can!

■⑧ Legendary Dungeon Bonus

*This bonus starts at 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) and ends at 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 AM (PDT).

Challenge daunting Technical Dungeons while unlocking Latent Awakenings. Select Technical Dungeons include: Legendary Mountain Path Legendary Hills Legendary Skyway Legendary Snowy Valley

■⑨ Normal Dungeon +Egg and EXP Bonus

*This bonus starts at 3/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) and ends at 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 PM (PDT).

The event will have a 3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons!

Normal Dungeons will also receive a special 1.5x EXP bonus at various timings. *Bonus extends until 3/21 (Mon), 12:59 PM (PDT).

■⑩ Fusion Bonuses

2.5x chance for both Skill Ups and 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain will be available during the event! Notes: *Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here. *All images and data displayed are in development and may be adjusted if necessary.

Lyrian

Wait a minute....

Does that actually mean that the mid-month godfest would actually overlap a Forest Gala with a Wood Carnival in play?

ROFL, no. Of course the Forest Gala would expire before then (expires on 3/10, event does not start until 3/11).

/rolleyes @ GungHo

HGH

Banned
These PST based servers are driving me nuts. It's just overnight maintenance over there but watching my stamina be full from 8AM to 4PM is annoying.
Keep in mind that many forms/additions to this game are added after the fact, so a lot of forms don't make sense with the current end game because they were made for a lot easier content that used to be end game with later forms being made for the now much much harder end game content. You can always evolve and then revert once you're further along in the game and Awoken form materials are easier to obtain. Just keep your end goal in mind for how much effort you put into the team. Example, with Idunn and Idunna, you're mostly going to be building up water subs regardless of her typing in her different forms, so just build up water subs for her to eventually be Awoken.

Don't worry too much about Siegfried, until he gets a stronger form he's mostly just a place holder until you can get better blue orb makers.
Thanks a bunch. I didn't consider how lack of updates might have hurt a couple of evolutions really, I should have noticed that from their ID numbers earlier. I've been spreading myself a bit thin trying to cover each element since I was just rolling with multicolor multiplier teams up till now and those don't do so well the later you get in. I also easily get discouraged at some of my subs' EXP requirements and just sorta get distracted by the leaders.
I was told to get a Siegfried and Cu Chulain elsewhere because they would be valuable in the long run, is that not really true? Still have yet to get an Echidna and Siren (just got Angel and Lilith) cause of my luck.

linsivvi

These PST based servers are driving me nuts. It's just overnight maintenance over there but watching my stamina be full from 8AM to 4PM is annoying.

Don't worry, it doesn't happen very often. The maintenance lasts so long this time because it's a major version update.

Bladelaw

Wonder what was busted?
At least I wasn't in the middle of anything when it went down. I'm planning on UUEvoing Andro and Perseus. My dumb Austrailis team will live assuming I can find a friend UUEvo Perseus.

Perseus
Aus
Aus
Aus
Avalon Drake
F. Perseus

Kreed

I was told to get a Siegfried and Cu Chulain elsewhere because they would be valuable in the long run, is that not really true? Still have yet to get an Echidna and Siren (just got Angel and Lilith) cause of my luck.

Siegfried and Cu Chulain are still useful if you don't have anything better in regards to orb changers since they are farmable and their skill ups are easier than most subs in the game. But for the "end game"/once you're ready for the hardest content, you're going to want orb changers that can change multiple orbs and/or the entire board in addition to useful awakenings.

Top Bottom