• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

danthefan

There's an update just out but I'm in Europe and the game isn't in the play store here, if I get the most recent apk from somewhere and install will I keep my progress?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There's an update just out but I'm in Europe and the game isn't in the play store here, if I get the most recent apk from somewhere and install will I keep my progress?

Yes, you keep your savedata when updating.

Bladelaw

Yay I can get my fix!
UUEvo'd Perseus. Still need about 20 tamas to make the green row team work though.

My streak of only getting Blue Dragon TriFruits continues. Am I just really unlucky? I don't have any of the monsters in their skill up rotation whereas I could make great use of the other two as both evo and skill up fodder. To date out of 27 runs 20 of them have been the blue fruit.

I feel like tossing them would be a huge waste so I'm hoarding them but that's 20 spaces being chewed up.

I tossed my blues after a certain point since I didn't know when I would roll something to skill it up.

Speaking of which I checked the next skillup rotation for JP, and it looks like they're finally switching orbs away from Chinese girl skillups.

hermit7

Was checking out the challenge dungeons for the next round, and they are all 3 floor dungeons. Challenge 10 has heavy metal, goemon, kali.

All the others seem to be the same as well.

Fortunately badpy, which is the most needed for me is only level 7, then I can max skill Pandora before working on luci.

Jagernaut

The half stamina for co-op dungeons is nice (I only play in solo mode). Zaerog- Legend Plus is only 20 stamina but I don't have a quick farming team. Awoken Bastet team is good but requires more thinking.

Forgot that JP had the new sort by skill option. That's wonderful! No longer need to lookup what mob skills-up what, especially when skills rotate. Just look at what monsters are next to it in your box.

Wait wait wait! I thought this update was supposed to have the separate +stats displayed!

*Vader NOOOooooo!!!*

If you sort by plusses you can see them for each stat.
Ah okay. Looks like it only works when +stat is the first priority. That sucks since I sort by FAV>+>CHR which lumps all the +fodder together while farming. Making + highest priority means I have to skip over a bunch of +1 monsters that I don't want to feed.

Lyrian

PADX reporting Challenge Dungeons 22 for tomorrow.

Theme seems to shortened dungeons (all dungeons past C3 are only 3 floors long) to prevent stalling.

-- Flampy on C6, Badpy on C7.
-- Watch out for the 30k preemptive on C6, otherwise easy.
-- C7 is KoG --> Isis --> Ra. Isis has a preemptive, so no Lu Bu'ing KoG for Ronia teams. Otherwise, looks rather straightforward.

-- C9 is EKMD --> Lifive --> Nordis.

-- C10 is just outright insane. Good luck to everyone on this one.

Ultimate Beezlebub (preemptive full board poison) --> Ultimate Goemon (25.5k preemptive) --> Random Bipolar Goddess (Ultimate Arena 1 bosses).

First two floors pretty much have to be 1-shotted. Is it even possible to have teams ready for LKali/DKali by turn 3?

hermit7

PADX reporting Challenge Dungeons 22 for tomorrow.

Theme seems to shortened dungeons (all dungeons past C3 are only 3 floors long) to prevent stalling.

-- Flampy on C6, Badpy on C7.
-- Watch out for the 30k preemptive on C6, otherwise easy.
-- C7 is KoG --> Isis --> Ra. Isis has a preemptive, so no Lu Bu'ing KoG for Ronia teams. Otherwise, looks rather straightforward.

-- C9 is EKMD --> Lifive --> Nordis.

-- C10 is just outright insane. Good luck to everyone on this one.

Ultimate Beezlebub (preemptive full board poison) --> Ultimate Goemon (25.5k preemptive) --> Random Bipolar Goddess (Ultimate Arena 1 bosses).

First two floors pretty much have to be 1-shotted. Is it even possible to have teams ready for LKali/DKali by turn 3?

Yeah luci can do it pretty easily.

Mine has maybe 11 skill boosts so everyone is up turn one. I am not sure of the best team for it though, may need to use a second board changer, for the best chance.

Never attempted Sky Prison on my no-REM account cause I assumed clearing it would be out of my reach for longer, but it turns out that's not the case
CdNRMQ-WwAAonJ2.jpg

Ah okay. Looks like it only works when +stat is the first priority. That sucks since I sort by FAV>+>CHR which lumps all the +fodder together while farming. Making + highest priority means I have to skip over a bunch of +1 monsters that I don't want to feed.

The Special sort kind of works how you would want it

linsivvi

So with half cost multiplayer and the insane xp that Zaerog∞ gives I can push my stamina from 278 to at least over 300 this event, even after factoring in the occasional fail.

It's going to be a chore though.

cw_sasuke

Erm isn't the level 7 reward supposed to be a Badpy? I did get a Woodpy.

raiot

Yeah, GungHo NA is too incompetent to even write the correct list...
Someone just wanted to fuck us over last minute. The right order is:
C10 - Badpy
C9 - Flampy
C8 - Bubpy
C7 - Woodpy
C6 - Shynpy

coy

C10 - Badpy
C9 - Flampy
C8 - Bubpy
C7 - Woodpy
C6 - Shynpy
I had to double-check the FB page to see if such an egregious error as this was actually posted. Why did I even doubt it?

cw_sasuke

I didnt thought i would ever say this...but what would be the most efficient way to farm Ogres for Rider skillups ? lol

C10 - Badpy
C9 - Flampy
C8 - Bubpy
C7 - Woodpy
C6 - Shynpy

So much for that easy Badpy...why GungHo ?

I didnt thought i would ever say this...but what would be the most efficient way to farm Ogres for Rider skillups ? lol

So much for that easy Badpy...why GungHo ?

I'm so pissed. Why is the Badpy always out of my reach? I guess it was level 7 in Japan, so we're just getting fucked.

I'm also worried about the stream rewards. We should still have a shynpy and badpy coming, but didn't get anything in the mail this morning.

Other than that, there's a ton of free stones out there for the taking. Does anyone want to post their Director's Carnival rolls so I can convince myself not to pull? I'd love Lucifer, Perseus, or any of the Valks, but my luck rolling outside of GF has been dreadful.

Rixa

Few friend of mine are talking about changes in TPA. I havent tested this but here is some talk:

<X> hmm... did last PAD maint change how TPA targeting works? o_O

<Y> mmh seems tpa doesn't work like it used to for me

<X> before, the second TPA hit went to leftmost unit you're not targeting, so if you targeted the lit on the right or baby tama in Friday mythical, the other attack would hit the other lit, and if you targeted lit on the left, the other attack would hit baby tama

<X> now it seems the other attack from TPA hits the enemy in the middle, or there's some other way it decides the target. It hit the middle one for me both times I noticed this

<X> the result? I'm not sure if I can clear it anymore

<Y> seems it's random now

<X> yeah, dead ._.

^^
If thats the way it goes now, damn.

Jagernaut

I'm so pissed. Why is the Badpy always out of my reach? I guess it was level 7 in Japan, so we're just getting fucked.

I'm also worried about the stream rewards. We should still have a shynpy and badpy coming, but didn't get anything in the mail this morning.

Other than that, there's a ton of free stones out there for the taking. Does anyone want to post their Director's Carnival rolls so I can convince myself not to pull? I'd love Lucifer, Perseus, or any of the Valks, but my luck rolling outside of GF has been dreadful.

I yolo rolled Directors Carnival and got a useless Gamble Mage that I sold immediately for mp.

Epic Drop

Cleared c10 on my first try with a.Luci. haku + akechi on the first turn to take out Beelzebub, stall for 8 turns on goemon (this was painful), haku + akechi + okuni to 1 shot Kali.

Definitely had a little luck on goemon since I was never heart trolled, but all in all I'm feeling pretty good about that accomplishment!

Jagernaut

Cleared c10 on my first try with a.Luci. haku + akechi on the first turn to take out Beelzebub, stall for 8 turns on goemon (this was painful), haku + akechi + okuni to 1 shot Kali.

Definitely had a little luck on goemon since I was never heart trolled, but all in all I'm feeling pretty good about that accomplishment!

Who was the 4th sub?

hermit7

Jealous of all you with an akechi.

Roll exclusively for the samurai and constellation now and have rolled blanks since they were released.

My team is pretty good, but I am resorting to running zuoh and Pandora instead. While the rows are nice the orb enhance really reduces damage.

HGH

Banned
Glad I really don't care for those Pys yet, cause everything post C5 seems utterly baffling to me.
oh god, why did I put off the Descended challenge

there's so many to try to clear
I'm feeling this too right now. Regrets.
On the other hand, I'd like to believe I'd have messed up and wasted stamina anyway.

Epic Drop

I have everyone but Okuni (could use Loki but he is unskilled) but not enough plusses (Yomi Dragon is hypermax, Haku is about +200). Do you need latents?

Latents totally aren't necessary and Loki is a fine substitute for okuni as long as you can kill beelzebub with non damage boosted haku + akechi board.

But, without some serious plusses your biggest challenge will likely be stalling long enough on goemon to get haku and akechi back up. It was tough even with a full hyper max team. I'd say it's possible but would take some expert puzzling and some good luck!

jay23

I'm clearing the last few descended challenges right now. Some of them aren't even worth clearing because the descended is annoying and the reward isn't worth the hassle.

I tried Z8 again since beating it the first time and it felt so much easier now. Probably because I have everything max skilled and 2 fully plussed kalis on my team.

Either I got extremely lucky(Sakuya invade on floor 9) or this is the easiest level up dungeon

Looking at videos of hell demon...I don't think I'm ready for this yet. None of the shields I have are max skilled and it seems like you need a fully plussed team.

razterik

Scarlet's not very hard either if you're running blue tank or Raoh. Nothing comparable to Z8's combo troll floor.

It's amazing how free Ultimate God Rush is with A.ALucifer. Should have Ilya maxed with free stamina by the end of the weekend if nothing else comes up. Now I need to find an easy equivalent team for Devil Rush so I can max a Grisar.

razterik

Can speak from my JP experience, Nordis can be done with Thoria fairly easily, assuming you have enough HP/RCV to tank 22-27k hits at the end. Watch for Earth Dragon Knight 100% gravity below 20%. I use Thor against Super Kings and then his second turn to burst hard in Threedia. Grind and recharge skills on first form of Nordis, he uses a shield often and doesn't hit hard outside every fifth turn for 22k. Second form isn't much harder, grind down as much as you are comfortable, stay healed and watch for skill delay. Thor and burst to kill above 20%.

hermit7

I've never looked at it, but can Thor/Saria clear it? I saw the light reduction, but can you burst twice to kill? If not, I might throw together my A. Pandora team. I'd really like the shynpy.

Pandora can do it easily. Bring a bind clear for the last floor and you can pretty much walk through it.

Pandora can do it easily. Bring a bind clear for the last floor and you can pretty much walk through it.

Yeah, just saw a walk through on it for Pandora and I think I might have a chance. I've been using A. Pandora a lot more recently, and I'm liking her. Waiting for Zuoh's ult before I really invest in the team, but it's pretty fun to play.

Scarlet's not very hard either if you're running blue tank or Raoh. Nothing comparable to Z8's combo troll floor.

It's amazing how free Ultimate God Rush is with A.ALucifer. Should have Ilya maxed with free stamina by the end of the weekend if nothing else comes up. Now I need to find an easy equivalent team for Devil Rush so I can max a Grisar.
Are you running Mythical+ solo? If so I may need to look into doing this. Now's the time to do it with 1/2 stamina, but I also need to skill up Osiris and Sarasvati.

linsivvi

Cleared C10 with 2 stones using Haku team and Zeus & Hera sub. Was a nightmare to stall on the first two floors. Would've been easier if Haku didn't trigger on heal orbs like in the old days.

Cleared C9 on 2 tries. Used Horus with Ra friend and devil/god multipliers for the 2nd and 3rd floor.

darksagus

I cleared friday mythical for the first time today and was able to get 2 devilits and uevo my first panda and put her on my ronia team. Her bind clear made the dungeon a whole lot easier. With the enhance carnival I was also able to evo and level my akechi. Ronia + Lu Bu + Akechi, and I burst over 10 mill with a couple skyfall combos, it's insane.

Top Bottom