• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Spoit

I'm of the mind that, if you aren't a whale, don't buy an MP dragon without a perfect team in place. Your Shiva Dragon party could use an Urd and Yukimura. For Yomidra, you need a real Haku and Eschamali. Your Ra Dragon party is closest. You just need 1 more D. Kali for an acceptable party, and an Orochi to cover all bases.

I'd wait.

I mean, I have the MP anyway, what else would you spend it on? Pys? That other MP guy who is like a much weaker dkali?

razterik

Well, what do you want the MP dragon for?

If you're looking to speed farm plus eggs, invades, or skill ups in regular/coin descends or dungeons, then Shiva Dragon is a good choice even without Sanada. Antares is a decent enough Urd substitute to cover trash orb boards and you have enough other pieces, although most of them need some work. Take this option if you want to greatly speed up your game progress.

If you want something to take on slightly harder content, then I guess Yomi Dragon would be okay for you. He's the most flexible at being a sub on other dark teams as well. But you don't have the subs for a full on serious YomiDra team and even if you did, there's very little content he can clear that your A.Pandora can't do almost as well. Don't recommend him for you at this point.

Ra Dragon is a very powerful tool, able to tear apart even the hardest content. Not having a second Dark Kali and/or Orochi are a problem, but really that's only if you're running something like Arena 2 or equivalent difficulty. He's more than capable of using a less optimal team (read: at least one Dark Kali) and you have several other options. RaDra playstyle isn't as easy as ShivDra, but you can probably use him to clear things that seemed far beyond your reach before, assuming you go all in on his team. You can buy RaDra to advance to the next difficulty tier, but don't expect him to make farming easier stuff any faster than teams you already have.

Neptune Dragon is kind of a mix of all three. His poison haste opens up some harder dungeons like Mythical+ rogues or Arena 2 that ShivDra or YomiDra aren't very adept at handling. He's faster and stronger than YomiDra, but very orb hungry so he loses sub flexibility against content that has many tricks. His power also makes him much slower compared to ShivDra at tearing through simple things. A decent option with your blue box, but hard to recommend unless you're already significantly invested in that color or really like the Hero row board playstyle.

Odin Dragon and Ragnarok Dragon are essentially only subs on very specific teams at this point. You'd probably know already if you wanted them.

My Yomi Dragin team is

Yomi D, Satsuki(off type), Haku, Dmeta, Anubis

It doesn't make much sense and is far from ideal but I have basically cleared every descend possible with it and I probably hadn't cleared 90% of them before. YomiD is also an amazing sub on a lot of dark teams. No regrets on my end.

hermit7

Got 130 plus eggs on 4 stones from new star vault.

Pretty decent. Failed maybe 3 because I was going too fast.

Hopefully these come around more often, want to finish Pandora and zuoh for that team and then maybe work on Loki or Persephone. She would be good if her awoken is the same as the other pantheons

Jagernaut

Yomi Dragon is really good. I've been running Haku, Akechi, Persephone as subs with 1 flex slot. I use Dark Izanami for all attribute dungeons, D/W Vampire (not God type) for the quick orb change and just started using Nephthys which was a good boost in atk and rcv. Don't regret the purchase.

I'm back up to 200k mp and if they don't release some new interesting mp dragons I will probably buy Neptune dragon or Shiva dragon. I only have 1 DKali so I'm not buying Ra Dragon. I'm leaning towards Neptune dragon because I have more water subs.

2 Hermes
2 Blue Valks
2 Karin - 1 Awoken
Mori Motonari
Gabriel
Amon
Awoken Orochi
Nut
Hatsume
Awoken I&I
BOdin

Versus my fire subs

3 Ares
2 Yamato
Uriel
Set
Ame
Krishna
Awoken Horus
mini Cao Cao

yami4ct

I mean, I have the MP anyway, what else would you spend it on? Pys? That other MP guy who is like a much weaker dkali?

It depends on how quickly you're going to get MP again. If you spend a decent amount IAPing and can get 300k quickly, sure. If not, I'd save it for an MP dragon that would allow you to clear Arena and other top tier dungeons. Either you get the complete subs for a current team or a new MP dragon comes around that works for you.

It's up to you, ultimately, but that's how I treat MP since I don't get it all that quickly. I personally want the 300k I spend to really count.

b33r

It depends on how quickly you're going to get MP again. If you spend a decent amount IAPing and can get 300k quickly, sure. If not, I'd save it for an MP dragon that would allow you to clear Arena and other top tier dungeons. Either you get the complete subs for a current team or a new MP dragon comes around that works for you.

It's up to you, ultimately, but that's how I treat MP since I don't get it all that quickly. I personally want the 300k I spend to really count.

That's how I'm doing it too. Already had a good fire box, urd, yamato, etc... When I pulled my third Ares I bought Shiva Dragon. Love him because 95% of the game is farming.

Now my dark box is good, haku, akechi, okuni, Lucifer, and I pulled escha last god fest. So I'll buy yomi Dragon next time he's up for the content that Shiva Dragon can't do.

I might be able to pull off a Neptune Dragon team, but yomi will be better for me. I have none of the subs other than orochi for ra Dragon.

J0dy77

Loving the short challenge dungeons. One shot everything but challenge ten which took two tries. Didn't even attempt floor ten with Kirin, the Parvati and Shiva gimmicks would have destroyed me. Went with Thor/Saria and breezed through. Almost one shot shiva with the saria/apollo combo. So many light orbs.

C9Un6nhl.jpg

Star Treasure is legit. 76 runs for 380 +eggs. Could have maybe squeezed a couple more runs in if I added +ATK to a second Rodin, but I have way less +ATK eggs than +HP and +RCV and don't want to further increase the imbalance for just a couple extra runs of this specific dungeon.

Edit: This new special +stat sorting option is awesome! Didn't like it too much at first until I learned how to work with it. Sorting all these eggs is so much faster now.

Lyrian

Star Treasure is legit. 76 runs for 380 +eggs. Could have maybe squeezed a couple more runs in if I added +ATK to a second Rodin, but I have way less +ATK eggs than +HP and +RCV and don't want to further increase the imbalance for just a couple extra runs of this specific dungeon.

Edit: This new special +stat sorting option is awesome! Didn't like it too much at first until I learned how to work with it. Sorting all these eggs is so much faster now.

Indeed.

I ran it once for a stone, thinking it would be a pain in the ass. Nah, was easy. A few runs later, already tossing stones at it.

A few hours later, "When is Star Treasure coming back?" 3x Normals, even for OoH, pales horribly in comparison. 10x descends even sucks, outside the absolute best dungeons to run during that event for plus eggs.

Also, I see that I am not the only one experiencing a wierd imbalance on +ATK eggs. I'm now 50ish +ATK eggs behind the other two stats. I've reached a point where I just start the next character once I reach 99 +HP and +RCV eggs on a card and go back and fill in +ATK eggs on the previous card should they ever actually drop.

George, have you found a good way to sort your box by plus eggs under the new system to gather together fodder without having to dig through all the other plussed cards in the box? As far as I can tell, the +egg breakdown is only shown if "+" is selected as the highest priority when sorting the box. If 2nd or lower priority, plus eggs are shown using the old method in the box.

razterik

Easy plus egg sorting is under the Special option in sorting. Select HP, ATK or RCV and it only shows cards with that type of plus egg, sorted from unfavorite to favorite and least eggs to greatest.

It's amazing for chucking together batches of plus eggs of one type.

Spent 9 stones and one full bar of stamina on Thieve's Den. 325 eggs.
Third hyper(ish, haha exp) MP dragon.

Lyrian

Easy plus egg sorting is under the Special option in sorting. Select HP, ATK or RCV and it only shows cards with that type of plus egg, sorted from unfavorite to favorite and least eggs to greatest.

It's amazing for chucking together batches of plus eggs of one type.

/facepalm

Thanks for the heads-up. That was.... a little too easy. I will definitely use this in the future.

Grats on the hyper'd MP dragon.

smbu2000

Finally got this guy finished off. Just 297'd him a few days ago and just needed to finish evo'ing his mats.
If only I had a DKali...Will have to make do with my Ragnarok Dragon for now.

Was running the predra dungeon hoping for skill resist delays, but they didn't invade very often for me. My gf had much better luck with them.

I'm also halfway done plus egging the Sephiroth I picked up from the FF collab. I was hoping for Lightning (for her skill), but Sephiroth is good too.

Managed to take out the whole challenge dungeon yesterday. Not much to do today, so I'll just collect some stones from coin dungeons.

Starting to lose a interest in the game a bit. I'm still using all my stamina but it's starting to feel like a chore. None of the recent news has really interested me, and have nothing to look forward to kills my drive. Hopefully PAD academy gets refreshed soon and SS Isis gets a killer uvo.

Jagernaut

Only got 9 runs in of Star Treasure but it was enough to finish hypermaxing Chibi Valk. I don't have a push button team but a Raoh team with a Rodin or Urd friend (no Raohs up) was pretty quick.

Seeing New Year's Amaterasu as a common replacement for Indra on RaDra Arena teams. She's God type, still has double SBR, and she's unbindable for full team bind-immunity. Never really looked into her. Skill inheritance is really what allows her to fit into the team now. Regret passing on her now. Wonder if she'll come back sooner than next year.

Another monster that has all those attributes but I never see mentioned is I Love PAD Bear. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1319 It even has 40% blind resist. And its active "1.5x ATK for Gods" is arguably more useful than Amaterasu's on a full bind-immune team. The only downside is weak stats and no blue sub-color for teams that might prefer to drop A.Isis.

The 40m download JP event had all the seasonal REM MP cards purchasable again for about a month, so you don't need to wait a whole year for the opportunity.

yami4ct

Seeing New Year's Amaterasu as a common replacement for Indra on RaDra Arena teams. She's God type, still has double SBR, and she's unbindable for full team bind-immunity. Never really looked into her. Skill inheritance is really what allows her to fit into the team now. Regret passing on her now. Wonder if she'll come back sooner than next year.

Another monster that has all those attributes but I never see mentioned is I Love PAD Bear. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1319 It even has 40% blind resist. And its active "1.5x ATK for Gods" is arguably more useful than Amaterasu's on a full bind-immune team. The only downside is weak stats and no blue sub-color for teams that might prefer to drop A.Isis.

I got really excited that A. Ama would fit that as well, but then I remembered she lost her God type.

Sigh. Gotta just keep pulling for Indra to even have chance at a workable Ra Dra team.

hermit7

Well shit, did a Yolo roll on the REM today and pulled a gvalk.

Probably my best pull in the past 2 months or so.

Fed her a green snow globe and am going to get her skilled hopefully. She will be useful on Astaroth and is overall just a great sub.

Max skilled my 2nd Akechi. My 3rd will sit in my box until he gets an awoken version years from now. 3x has been really good to me, and I've probably had better luck with dog drops than most people. My Typhon and A. Panda teams are going to dominate now. I really want the Zouh and Typhon ults to hit. A. Panda team won't be ready for anything serious until I can get easer Zouh skill ups, but maybe I'll use a Haku for the time being.

Jagernaut

Just finished the whole Descend Challenge. I'm happy since I usually don't do lv 9 and 10 of these challenges. Queen Bastet took care of Hera Rush and Devil Rush (after failing with Awoken Ra), Awoken Shiva for God Rush, and Awoken Amaterasu or Yomi Dragon for the rest of the Mythical dungeons. Feels good.

jiggle

Now I know why some ppl hate co-op
Tried to do challenge in Jpn with my 2 accounts
C7 - lost connection - dead
C7 - connection lost - dead
C3 - connection lost right after entering - win

280 stamina down the drain

smbu2000

Oh, both versions of Cecil are getting a leader skill upgrade. He is looking very nice now!

Dark version upgraded from dark characters receive 1.5x ATK and RCV. Dark 2x combo for 2x ATK and dark 3x combo for 4x ATK. (6x max ATK for dark characters or 36x max with friend)

to

same dark bonus 1.5x ATK/RCV. Dark 2x combo for 2.5x ATK and dark 3x combo for 4.5x ATK. 6.75x max effective or 45.5x with a friend.

That's pretty powerful and not too difficult to do for max attack.

Light version: Light characters 2x ATK/RCV and L/D 2 combos or more for 2x ATK.
Now it's 2.5x ATK/2x RCV and the same L/D 2 combos or more for 2x ATK.

I was already planning on making the Dark version of Cecil (I pulled him before Sephiroth) and I wasn't really planning on using him except maybe as a sub, but I think I'll put together a team for him and hyper him now. 45x is really nice and being able to use any dark character also makes things easier than my hyper YD team. I can use some of the same characters as well.

I think I might try and hyper him before I finish off my Sephiroth...

edit: AS stays the same with a dark/light/heart full board change at max 9 turns.

Now I know why some ppl hate co-op
Tried to do challenge in Jpn with my 2 accounts
C7 - lost connection - dead
C7 - connection lost - dead
C3 - connection lost right after entering - win

280 stamina down the drain

I think I've only had maybe one disconnect in all of my tries using co-op. I generally play on the same wifi connection though between my iPhone and iPad (or with my gf's iPhone). The one time I disconnected I for got to switch my phone over from LTE to wifi.

On the current one, I cleared up to C8 solo and I'll try the other two with my iPad as a partner.

J0dy77

The dog dragon skillup dungeons are BS. I ran wood and dark countless times, even spent a stone for a refresh last night that net me zero skillups. I was trying to skill Avalon Drake and Akechi, wound up 3 short of maxing Avalon drake and didn't get any Akechi skillups. I thought by now they'd be improving the skillup system, not making it worse. Those Akechi skillups were so completely rare and even when they did show up it was a one in four chance.

Bladelaw

Wood and dark dogs was ok to me. I didn't run it as much as I should have (I have all but one of the monsters I could have skilled up) but I still managed to get Apoc to level 6, Avalon Drake to level 4, Hatsume to level 4, Baal to level 6, Famiel to level 2, and Akechi to level 2 (out of 13 attempts...). The other ninjas got nothing.

I don't know how my luck compared, but I got 2 max skilled akechi this event (though I did have 1 skill-up from the last time he was in dog dungeons). I don't know firm numbers of how many stones I spent, but throughout 2 events maybe around 10, with my 2nd Akechi probably only taking 2. It wasn't fun, but Akechi is an all-star sub on a couple of my favorite teams, and just one of my favorite cards in general. There were plenty of stretches where they weren't dropping for me, but then I'd get a good streak going and a few times would get 2 to drop in 1 run. 3x skill-ups really helped as well. I wouldn't have put myself through that unless it was for a card I absolutely loved.

I ran it every day that there was 2x drops, so there was the opportunity expense of not being able to run other stuff. Hopefully he gets in the dark carnival soon, since dog dungeons has seemed to cause a lot of people pain.

J0dy77

Finally did it after I don't know how many tries.

Zr0s8Y8l.jpg

Think I finally learned enough with Thor and this dungeon to probably beat it consistently. No desire to ever really go back though.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for some opinions on if I should
1. Keep using my sakuya team
2. Raise a new team to use in the interim until I can farm mats for my sakuya team (have been recommended ronia/bastet teams)

I can get through a decent number of legends, but die at least 40% of the time from orb trolling. Nothing is skilled past level 2 so it's usually a while before delay/board change is usable

Here's my current team and box

hermit7

2. Raise a new team to use in the interim until I can farm mats for my sakuya team (have been recommended ronia/bastet teams)

I can get through a decent number of legends, but die at least 40% of the time from orb trolling. Nothing is skilled past level 2 so it's usually a while before delay/board change is usable

A luci team with akechi, Persephone, zuoh, and okuni.

Good number of rows, Dragon killer and God killer are great awakenings, and you have decent fast orb changers.

ZeroAKA

I suggested Ronia, but you don't have many good devil subs. Maybe Ronia/Akechi/Zuoh/Loki/FALuci paired with friend Ronia/Lu Bu/Beelz for a farming team? You can probably also make a decent water team with Sumire/Nut/Hatsume/Sun Quan/Flex/Sumire.

A luci team with akechi, Persephone, zuoh, and okuni.

Good number of rows, Dragon killer and God killer are great awakenings, and you have decent fast orb changers.
That would be a good end-game team once you have enough cost.

Giard

Any tips on which Latent Tamadras to use for Awoken I&I? Actually I'm not sure about the ones I should use for anyone... Are there general guidelines to follow?

Lyrian

The dog dragon skillup dungeons are BS. I ran wood and dark countless times, even spent a stone for a refresh last night that net me zero skillups. I was trying to skill Avalon Drake and Akechi, wound up 3 short of maxing Avalon drake and didn't get any Akechi skillups. I thought by now they'd be improving the skillup system, not making it worse. Those Akechi skillups were so completely rare and even when they did show up it was a one in four chance.

Bolded lines are an objectively correct answer.

Sadly, most have not realized that GungHo snuck in quite a few nerfs with the move to 3 minute stamina.

Fun Fact: (Newer skillup dungeons cost MORE stamina per boss drop at 3 min stamina than older dungeons at 5 min stamina)

Pre-Nerf Dungeons (Up to Cat Dragons) - Guaranteed drop at 50 stamina each.
Post-Nerf Dungeons (Armored Dragons and beyond) - Long-term average drop at 100 stamina.

Stamina regen increased by 67% per day, moving from 5 minutes to 3 minutes per point.
Net boss drop stamina cost increased by 100%, as dungeons moved to a two-boss format.

** In-line drops can't really be objectively nailed down, as no one really knows the spawn rate per floor, per difficulty. Subjective evidence implies that higher difficulties equals a higher spawn rate. But even so, only 1 rare spawn can appear per floor, which often places it at a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of dropping (and may not even drop at all, unless on 2x drop rate, unlike boss floors on mythical difficulty).

Coupled with tricks such as:

-- Fewer trash floors to actually spawn said rare skillup mobs (see dog dragons, which only have 3 possible floors for a dog to spawn on in a 7 floor dungeon)

-- Restricting rare skillup mobs from appearing **at all** on lower difficulty levels to prevent players from obtaining said skillup mobs from mass running cheaper versions a dungeon (see Gears in Armored Dragon, where R/G/B gears require 25 sta min for a chance to appear and 40 sta for L/D gears)

The drop rates are intentionally extremely low, and will be forever and ever until said skillup mobs are "voted" into the survey carnivals (likely at the point in which the relevant gods are out of the meta).

Funny thought about that.... as more and more skillup mobs get added to the survey carnivals pools (and they eventually will), the appearance rates for each mob get lower and lower and lower.....

Lyrian

So jealous of your box. I'm over 2.5x your rank and maybe have half of the gods that you have in your box. You have all of the key gods that I am missing (Shiva/Bastet/Isis and so on) to finish various teams.

Kudos on a very nice box.

FZZ

Banned
Lol after the Cecil buff I realized that I pulled: Sephiroth, Yuna, Cecil, and Lightning

within 5 rolls. All from free stones.

jiggle

Worst thing about skill ups is the lack of pii gifts
Jpn get so many of them u don't even need to bother with skilling up main cards :/
I think in the last 60 days they gave out like 25-30 pii?
With 5 more coming soon

New gf exclusives
New MP card looks like the perfect sub for gadius

Edit: actually forget gadius
she's can be an even better lead lol

Worst thing about skill ups is the lack of pii gifts
Jpn get so many of them u don't even need to bother with skilling up main cards :/
I think in the last 60 days they gave out like 25-30 pii?
With 5 more coming soon

New gf exclusives
New MP card looks like the perfect sub for gadius

Edit: actually forget gadius
she's can be an even better lead lol

Time to buff Gadius.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Star Treasure Thieves' Den will be back tomorrow - they want your stones before the Godfest lol.
I'd love some Zaerog∞ friends for Ancient Dragon farming this week. Hoping to max out Amon/Belial soon :)

Good luck - thats my goal as well. Have to take advantage of the 3x skill-up - honestly i never thought i would be able to skill Amon up lol.

Will be running Sumire for that event - works like a charm. (pls urusei keep your Sumire up lol)

New MP Monster seems cool, but not for me. That sub pool is kinda small. It's weird, my non-IAP alt has a ton of red healers so it could probably run it, but on my main I wouldn't have many options. I'd like to see the rest of these announced before spending my MP, but I'm probably going RaDra if he's in the shop next week.

The new GFE cards seem cool as well.

Bladelaw

So with the Star Treasure Thieves' Den popping tomorrow I'm really hoping it'll be on a time I can play. A. Bastet is almost hypermaxed. She's at +240 and I'd really like to finish her off. From there the question is do I start on AALuci, or hoard them for when YomiDra hits the shop?

Top Bottom