• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Also b/b uvo Orochi got sbr and god killer. It sucks you lose the green sub type, but people I know that use rag dragon instead of second dkali now have 100% sbr on ra Dragon.

Yeah, not spending 600k MP on one team though. If I was I'd wait for Xiang Mei.

Also Evoing RagDra looks like a nightmare.

smbu2000

For those using Ra Dragon...how to you deal with skill binding? Using the standard team leaves you short of 100% SBR. Or is Ra Dragon a very specific tool in dungeons with no Skill Binds? I'm thinking of instances like Jewel invades wrecking a run.

Am I just relying too much on Kali's active as a crutch? Who do you sub in if you need 100% SBR? Chester over Indra? Sun Quan/Muse over Orochi?
You just need have one card with 2 SBRs. On my team I was using Indra for his 2 SBRs, but since I pulled GKali and I want to use her along with my Ragnarok Dragon I had to adjust my team since I still wanted to use A.Isis as she's my only bind healer. (My Isis also has Lum`s 9 turn 10k all enemy damage plus 1 turn delay skill)

My team was RaDra/Ragnarok/Maeda Keiji/Indra/A.Isis. now I've switched it up to RaDra/Ragnarok/GKali/A.Isis/A.Horus.

My team was lacking fire with the loss of Maeda Keiji so I had to get a fire card in there with 2 SBRs, so I used A.Horus. His skill is useful for the 2 seconds of extra time, but I also gave him Maeda Keiji's skill (board refresh with 1 turn haste). My light attack power is down, but I have more attack power with the other colors.

Also if anybody uses my YDs I've put Apocalypse's skill on both of them, iPhone and iPad. (Light/dark/heart board change with 1 turn haste). Rukia on my iPad has A.I&I's Rune Enhance.

Bladelaw

I was thinking in the case of a team like
Ra Drag
D. Kali
D. Kali
Indra
A. Orochi
Ra Drag

Unless I'm missing something that's only 80% SBR. Swapping Muse for A. Orochi brings it up to 100% but at a non burst damage loss. Isis would certainly solve the problem but I'm missing her.

I was thinking in the case of a team like
Ra Drag
D. Kali
D. Kali
Indra
A. Orochi
Ra Drag

Unless I'm missing something that's only 80% SBR. Swapping Muse for A. Orochi brings it up to 100% but at a non burst damage loss. Isis would certainly solve the problem but I'm missing her.
Solution: skill inherit A.Orochi onto something with SBR, assuming you can wait that long

I think the template team just writes off the missing SBR awakening as Arena RNG, but I'm not positive on that.

Bladelaw

Solution: skill inherit A.Orochi onto something with SBR, assuming you can wait that long

I think the template team just writes off the missing SBR awakening as Arena RNG, but I'm not positive on that.

I think what I'll do is put Muse on the team for general purpose use (Descends, practice) and swap in Orochi when I feel plucky enough to take on Arena 2.

Assuming you can pull off activation when needed this team is super solid.

Ra Drag is seriously the Git Gud lead.

b33r

I think what I'll do is put Muse on the team for general purpose use (Descends, practice) and swap in Orochi when I feel plucky enough to take on Arena 2.

Assuming you can pull off activation when needed this team is super solid.

Ra Drag is seriously the Git Gud lead.

Yeah he is, the only sub I have for him is muse/orochi so I cannot buy him. I sold an lkali awhile back, but even if I had her still it wouldn't be worth it for me.

I'm just going to buy Yomi Dragon, good lead and important sub on Luci arena team.

Bladelaw

Well...I made the plunge
FLBLYxm.jpg

I leveled him exclusively via super Kings thanks to the carnival. I had his evo mats ready just by chance and hoarding. Then I dumped a mules worth of +'s on him. I was flush with shynpys too so he got those as well.

yami4ct

For those using Ra Dragon...how to you deal with skill binding? Using the standard team leaves you short of 100% SBR. Or is Ra Dragon a very specific tool in dungeons with no Skill Binds? I'm thinking of instances like Jewel invades wrecking a run.

Am I just relying too much on Kali's active as a crutch? Who do you sub in if you need 100% SBR? Chester over Indra? Sun Quan/Muse over Orochi?

If you need 100% SBR, you should be switching out Orochi. Muse is the better switch out since you have him. Isis would be ideal, but Muse is 90% of the way there. RaDra used to bet on 80% SBR with Orochi for Arena 2, but with skill inheritance it's a team that can always have 100% SBR. Put Orochi on one of your other cards once that system gets here.

For example, my default team is going to be RaDra (Genie or D. Kali Equip)/D.Kali/D.Kali/Isis(Orochi Equip)/A. Amaterasu (D.Kali/Genie Equip)/RaDra(God Boost Equip)

New standard RaDra Arena 2 team just bursts down the Kalis with a god boost equip like Muse rather than shielding damage with Indra. Hopefully you find something that can fill the W/G slot besides Muse, because I'd love a RaDra friend with a Muse equip, since don't have access to him or Kanna/Durga/Izanagi.

As for your A. Panda question, standard team is

A. Panda/Panda (UUevo)/Zuoh/Akechi/D. Vak/A. Panda.

The UUevo Panda is used to offset the loss of RCV from using Zuoh. I'm still not convinced that the extra 380 RCV is worth losing a Dark Row, the loss of 900 HP and the amazing haste on A. Panda's active, but it's the popular choice.

Bladelaw

Actually I have durga. I had a second Muse but sold it for MP before skill inheritance was a thing.

I really miss 3x skill ups. She'd be max skilled at this point along with Indra, Anubis and Baal.

EDIT: What three leads should I keep in my friend slots? I don't want to hose anyone, specifically BF's. I have a
Hypered Rukia,
Hypered A. Bastet,
1/3 hyper Ra Drag,
A. Shiva,
AALuci,
A. Thor, and
A. Panda

The rest of my team slots are me playing with different builds. I've been keeping Rukia in slot 1 until the Bleach collab is over, slots 2 and three are usually A. Bastet and A. Shiva.

I've been thinking of dropping Bastet and swapping with Ra Drag but if people are using her I'd probably swap out Rukia (I use her enough to farm anyway)

yami4ct

Actually I have durga. I had a second Muse but sold it for MP before skill inheritance was a thing.

I really miss 3x skill ups. She'd be max skilled at this point along with Indra, Anubis and Baal.

Muse is the ideal RaDra god boost equip because he offers 2.5x over 2.0x. I'm not sure if 2x would do as well but you could certainly get the Kalis to the point where they won't 1-shot you without a shield.

The 'ideal' RaDra team is in real disarray since the skill equip system. There's a lot of variance now. I'd say the ideal template looks like this.

RaDra/D.Kali/D.Kali (Or D. Kali like)/Flex/Flex/RaDra with some combination of Dark Damage Nullification, Menace and God Boost skill equips. The team I've seen that seems like the most crazy powerful is.

RaDra (Muse)/D Kali (Ichigo)/Ragnarok Dragon (Ichigo)/D. Kali (Lightning)/New Years Ama (Orochi)/RaDra (Genie/Fencer)

But that team is crazy to put together for obvious reasons and overkill in general.

As for your BFF slot, I personally would love another RaDra best friend and I don't use A. Bastet right now, so that'd be my pick obviously.

Bladelaw

My only options for damage resist is Raphael, Kushi, Indra, Valen, and Diza/Liza.

Kushi + burst at DQ Hera should leave me back at full health for Kali.

yami4ct

My only options for damage resist is Raphael, Kushi, Indra, Valen, and Diza/Liza.

Kushi + burst at DQ Hera should leave me back at full health for Kali.

I'm probably going to put Santa Genie on my Ra Dragon, so you could easily use his. Raphael would work as well. The key is to counter both Ilsix's -99% Gravity and DD Hera's preemptive. Raphael's 100% would do that just as well as Genie. I'm not sure if Indra would save you enough damage to survive both the gravity and preempt.

fek

I might buy Plum if they add a HP multiplier. I have Typhon x4, Academy Sleeping Beauty (could equip Akechi, Baggi or something else), AA Lucifer, Santa Fencer, so I would like to buy her if we get a buff.

b33r

Muse is the ideal RaDra god boost equip because he offers 2.5x over 2.0x. I'm not sure if 2x would do as well but you could certainly get the Kalis to the point where they won't 1-shot you without a shield.

The 'ideal' RaDra team is in real disarray since the skill equip system. There's a lot of variance now. I'd say the ideal template looks like this.

RaDra/D.Kali/D.Kali (Or D. Kali like)/Flex/Flex/RaDra with some combination of Dark Damage Nullification, Menace and God Boost skill equips. The team I've seen that seems like the most crazy powerful is.

RaDra (Muse)/D Kali (Ichigo)/Ragnarok Dragon (Ichigo)/D. Kali (Lightning)/New Years Ama (Orochi)/RaDra (Genie/Fencer)

But that team is crazy to put together for obvious reasons and overkill in general.

As for your BFF slot, I personally would love another RaDra best friend and I don't use A. Bastet right now, so that'd be my pick obviously.

On dzy's stream yesterday he said that muse and the rest of that series are getting buffed to 3x. Power creep indeed.

Got an Ilm from my 250 roll. I don't know what he's used for but I'll take him.
He'd be a decent Thoria sub. I really wanted him for a while and then ended up pulling a second Saria. She's a bit better, especially since I have an almost hypermax minivalk, so I don't need him anymore.

Got a new phone today, had to trade in my old one as part of the deal. Initiated a device transfer, wrote down user info and the transfer code it gave me.

Tried to input the code just now and its not working. Tried to use the google account migration and it says im an invalid user.

What should i do fellas?

EDIT: Nevermind. On probably the 9th try it finally went through. Thank goodness.

b33r

10x Kanetsugu. All day. Every day.

Guess I don't have to go crazy on Sowilo tomorrow and can focus on getting the lits I need for my ult evos.

Yep that will be nice, but I will definitely not stone much this time. That being said I should easily be able to finish of my important dark cards.

So I will start on either light or blue cards next. My good subs for each, not including farmables:

Blue - i&i, Karin, bvalk, orochi, mori, nut, muse, and 2 gabriels.

Light - Saria, kanna, chibi valk, dqxq, wukong, apocalypse, ariel, rei sirius, pollux, sakuya, and ny sandalphon.

Seems I have the making for a decent Saria and i&i team and I eventually want a good team for each color. Which color do you think I should focus on first?

I'm leaning towards light.

linsivvi

10x Kanetsugu. All day. Every day.

Guess I don't have to go crazy on Sowilo tomorrow and can focus on getting the lits I need for my ult evos.

Holy shit I didn't notice that huge challenge descended for this event and thought it's just a regular set of 10 challenge dungeons.

This will be glorious.

Jagernaut

I'm not feeling this Godfest. I'll save my stones for plus egg farming and a couple of rolls on the Batman vs Superman REM. I would love to get the Armored Batman for Awoken Pandora team since I don't have Zuoh.

I'm not feeling this Godfest. I'll save my stones for plus egg farming and a couple of rolls on the Batman vs Superman REM. I would love to get the Armored Batman for Awoken Pandora team since I don't have Zuoh.

Yeah, not a good GF for me either. There's a couple wanted cards, but a lot of dupes that would not be useful at all. I'll probably still roll 2 or 3 times because I didn't spend many stones last 10x as I thought I would, and probably won't stone much this time. I'll yolo the DC REM, but I don't think there's anything in there I actually need.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Still need to level some subs as well as awakening my 2nd. Yamato but the dmg potential of that team is already nice. Especially after Urd + CaoCao active. Low HP and no 100%sbr are an issue though.

Well the new card seems a bit tough with the sub pool being limited to balance type characters, but XM is usable as long as you have the right subs. I have 2 x Gadius and 1 Uriel who go great on her team. That's why I decided to buy XM on my main account. Sure having another would be nice, but it's not essential. I just need to figure who to use as my last sub. Healer type cards are much easier to find for XM.

When they first announced the new card I thought maybe I bought XM too quickly, but after they showed the skills/stats I was happy with my XM purchase. I just need to evo and start plus egging the team. (After I finish off my XM though my next priority is to 297 my GKali.)

You are right - the sub situation with XM seems a bit more forgiving compared to Plum. Just dont like the trend from XM --> to plum with the quite restrictive subs already...i can feel that GungHo will screw the Wood version of that MP group again. Then again if their goal is for whales to spend enough for multiple 300k units i dont see them changing their approach.

I would get XM as well if i had a 2nd Gadius and/or Uriel. Fire seems to have gotten another great addition after Shiva Dragon. Wish they would spread the love a little bit more.

Dont forget to post your XM impressions once you have the team up and running.

True - this couples with Heavens Gala and upcoming PCGF means i wont be pulling this time either. I would love to finally get Ceres or some of the better GFE...but risk for crap is too high.
Is Azusa@gaf still playing? I found that he hasn't logged in for over 4 months.
Pretty sure he stopped playing the game months ago - probably too time consuming in addition to Granblue and other games he was playing.
~607 days and my first hyper max! Woohooo!
Awesome - congrats man !!

Bladelaw

So I banged my head against the Scarlet Challenge and would have made it if DQ Hera hadn't showed up. My AALuci team was 100hp shy of tanking her preemptive. That feeling is just the worst.

I'll try again after a few +HP eggs. I need to burn a fair few skills getting there which has me nervous but I should be able to handle Scarlet if I can get to her.

What teams are people throwing at this? My Shiva team got stuck at Kraken, Panda got stuck at Armadel, A. Haku couldn't clear the devils.

Should I try Thoria?

This was painful. 2 +eggs and I would have survived.

StMeph

Is there any point in keeping Echidna in a modern meta? I have +eggs on her that I'd like to migrate, and it seems like farming up a new Echidna wouldn't be super painful due to its availability in coin dungeons even if it was necessary again.

Is there any point in keeping Echidna in a modern meta? I have +eggs on her that I'd like to migrate, and it seems like farming up a new Echidna wouldn't be super painful due to its availability in coin dungeons even if it was necessary again.

If you're okay with farming and skilling up Menace again go for it, but I suspect the healer girls are due for reincarnations sometime in the near future.

linsivvi

With reincarnation evolution you never know. It's only a matter of time the healer girls will get an upgrade though so I'd wait until at least a few months.

Still need to level some subs as well as awakening my 2nd. Yamato but the dmg potential of that team is already nice. Especially after Urd + CaoCao active. Low HP and no 100%sbr are an issue though
Cool, another Gadius friend. I'll join the party once I can scrounge up another red fruit. Went 0/8 yesterday on trifruits and only picked up one from 30 PAL rolls. :/

Should be able to finish 297ing him and a holder for Orchid this week. After that, not sure if I should invest more +eggs in red units to get my Tsubaki team off the ground.

Bladelaw

So I spent a couple hours last night playing with Ra Dragon in Endless trying to get better with the rainbow match. I'm not 100% happy with my activation rate but it's getting better. Ichigo's active is a huge crutch for me. He'll definitely be equipped on someone as soon as it's possible. It's really satisfying to see a light 2-prong at x360 on Ra Drag after a Muse boost.

Folks used to rainbow leads, what can I do to get better at activating? Do you just accept that some boards aren't giving a full activation even if the orbs are there? I like the challenge of having to solve everything but man sometimes I feel like I'm staring into the abyss as I'm trying to figure out the board.

hermit7

So I spent a couple hours last night playing with Ra Dragon in Endless trying to get better with the rainbow match. I'm not 100% happy with my activation rate but it's getting better. Ichigo's active is a huge crutch for me. He'll definitely be equipped on someone as soon as it's possible. It's really satisfying to see a light 2-prong at x360 on Ra Drag after a Muse boost.

Folks used to rainbow leads, what can I do to get better at activating? Do you just accept that some boards aren't giving a full activation even if the orbs are there? I like the challenge of having to solve everything but man sometimes I feel like I'm staring into the abyss as I'm trying to figure out the board.

Not a radra user, but for the game specifically just being able to recognize when you can stall and when you need to burst helps a lot. Also knowing your rcv and what you get for heal orbs allows you to run the best.

I have played a decent amount of rainbow leads since I have started, and run some sakuya at times which plays somewhat similarly (no stat boosts) obviously activation read and team comos are different.

You get used to it with practice. I've played rainbow for a long time, going from Sakuya to L.Kali to A.Ra to RaDra. Still not anywhere near top players in speed though, which is what really counts for hard boards where matches are so far apart. That's where time extends and actives help. RaDra teams usually have several seconds of time extends and if a board is really tough you can pop a RaDra active for that extra 5 seconds. Experience will help you recognize when a board may be too tough to solve with the extra time.

Jonsoncao

Banned

After playing RaDra for months, and my activation rate is fairly high right now for him (avg 7-9 combo w/o skyfall w/ 6 colors, but I need some time to learn the board). Initially I even had trouble activating all 5 colors, since I never had Ra, and I used to play AShiva a lot.

Besides practice, my own suggestion would be switching your thinking on comboing. For RaDra, the most important thing IMHO is to visualize what the board looks like AFTER you finished your move leaving no empty (wasted) space. Then just practice to move the board to the way you visualized it to be.

Wasting no spaces is one of the key. An ideal starting template for left half board would be

XXX
YAB
YAB
YAB
YPPPP

Y stands for yellow, P stands for purple. X, A, B are colors other than yellow and purple.

Ducarmel

I have not posted in a while because i'm pissed at the game, more at myself for the moment

I was thinking about buying Xiang Mei, because i have 2 Gadius and a kiriko. I dont have Uriel but I do have other healer orb changers.

When I checked my box I noticed my Kiriko was missing, I think i must have sold or feed it away by accident thinking it was Zhu Bajie.

b33r

It may have been mentioned in here already, but groove coaster at 3x exp on the universal level will keep leveling you up too about 400. I just did it for an hour and never had to use a stone. In fact there was a couple times where the next run would level me and I still had 100+ stam, so I would run one of the challenge descends before doing it again.

It's tedious, but I am only twenty some odd levels from 400. So I will run it again sometime this week to get that extra team spot.

b33r

It also has skill up fodder for Ares. My alt went from 71 to 151.

Dude, that part was painful. It took me so many super kings to max three Ares. And after an hour of this I had so many skill ups. Would of been so much better if this had been around.

If any of you have an Ares, skill him up on the groove coaster. I lost millions of exp feeding mine super kings.

Edit: just devolved Cao Cao and changed him to r/d, now he is a great sub on Shiva Dragon with Dragon killer and another row. Makes my no dupes team better. I really like that they made the shitty uvos better with this patch.

I'm even debating devolving my awoken shiva to his r/d form so he can go on Shiva Dragon and he has a god killer. I only use him randomly for fun anyway.

Rixa

Main:
- Unicorn Rider
- Sharon
- Basilisk

Alt:
- Chester
- Kakka B
- Unicorn Rider

6 pulls of Crap. Dont have other use to stones than pulling, this is the reward.

Planned to roll a couple today, maybe more tomorrow. Got on a nice streak and rolled 4 times:

Rodin (NEW!)
Liu Bei (dupe)
Apollo (dupe)
Lu Bu (dupe)

Rodin was a huge get! I'd eventually start to build a push button team, and it seems like he's always needed. Probably use all my flampys on goemon and him. Apollo dupe is awesome, since mine is max skilled and now I can try his awoken version.

razterik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSMRvhcUSjQ
Xin Hua system team in action.
Hint: it's shit.

Her teams are awful and the Arena clears so far have been painful to watch. Even loaded with the best skill inheritance, it's just stalling for days and no consistent damage output.

I think GungHo didn't realize how far they overshot with Xiang Mei and scaled back Xin Hua afterwards. She really needs a buff or some serious sub help.

Made three JP Godfest pulls, all terrible and not Gadius. Need a good Godfest to roll in.

Completely forgot to get last skill up on Set from fire carnival yesterday. Whoops. Not that I use him at all anyway. 10x tag killing coin dungeon plus eggs has sucked most of my enthusiasm for this event. Hard to go back to "slow" farming Kanetsugu after Tengu, especially when I have to adjust every time a jewel invades.

For those interested, the 1.5x boost on Rare Monster Infestation today should give the jewels somewhere around 80% chance to drop at 99 stamina. Maybe it's less, but I've had decent results with it in JP now. Still not as good as farming dark/light/green from the rogue dungeons in current Descend Challenge, though.

Top Bottom