• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

ZombAid82

Yeah, pulled my second L.Kali from the machine yesterday, also a second Gadius.
Is there any use for a second one?
Now I need only Ra, and I could rock the boat with two L.Kali, one D.Kali and a.Isis.
also pulled Zuoh, last GFE, but don't know what to do with him...

Jagernaut

Yeah, pulled my second L.Kali from the machine yesterday, also a second Gadius.
Is there any use for a second one?
Now I need only Ra, and I could rock the boat with two L.Kali, one D.Kali and a.Isis.
also pulled Zuoh, last GFE, but don't know what to do with him...

Zuoh is good on devil teams like Awoken Pandora and can also make a system team with multiple Meimei's.

3 pulls on Batman vs Superman REM:

2 Batgirl & Batwoman - pretty useless
Supergirl - least wanted of the gold eggs

Ducarmel

Didn't know we were getting bvs rem, wish they would have done something cool with batman like give him 2 of every utility awakening, and a active skill that relates to his prep time.

Bladelaw

I need to continue to tell myself to not roll in this REM. I really want Knightmare Bats and Superman but Supes would basically be a trophy and bats would be a redundant sub on A. Pandora along with Zuoh (who I have 2 of).

jay23

Yeah that's what scares me, glass cannon meta doesn't work for a lot of late game, it's the only reason I can't beat everything with Shiva Dragon. Though it can beat a lot of content, the newer dungeons need hp or rcv multiplier leads, if not both.

That said, I believe you are right with starting pull. That card will take you a long way. Probably as far as most. She was my starting pull and I am looking forward to use her again.

Edit:https://m.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDra...deo_damage_test_awoken_dqxq_vs_hel_descended/

If you look at that thread she looks good with out optimal subs. Some comments show her annihilating with better ones. I definitely cannot match as fast as that op video, but color me intrigued with her potential.

Wow the video in that thread is crazy
Skip to 16:50
https://youtu.be/hPvnTh6PUko

One shots lkali with Apollo active only, they didn't even activate x100.

Looking at the insane damage Thor active is probably not needed unless you're using him for the rows.

I'll be missing the best red sub since I don't have raphael.

I can throw something like this together
A.dqxq/A.Apollo/Baal/L.kali/

Last spot I can put sakuya, Thor, sunwokong, or dupe dqxq.

StMeph

Looking at the insane damage Thor active is probably not needed unless you're using him for the rows.

I'll be missing the best red sub since I don't have raphael.

I can throw something like this together
A.dqxq/A.Apollo/Baal/L.kali/

Last spot I can put sakuya, Thor, sunwokong, or dupe dqxq.

What's the ideal team for a row-based ADQXQ?

The active on Wukong and DQXQ are both negatively synergistic with Baal, so it seems pointless to include him. Apollo with Rows is green and has no SBR.

Raphael, Thor, Nordis/Sakuya, Wukong/DQXQ? Other flex options: A Venus, Indra

Bladelaw

I was poking through the coin dungeons (planning on running through to grab stones sooner rather than later during +egg farming fatigue). Given the skill ups I'm curious about a few things

Is Krishna worth the effort of skilling up? I don't have much in the way of Fire Rows (Gadius and Yamato is basically it) and my A. Shiva TPA team is rock solid so I'm not sure he'd have a home even if maxed out.

What about a second Andromeda? I maxed out Nut, 1st Andro, Hatsume, and Knight Kamui. If Snow White skill ups were here or the bosses dropped reliably I'd go for it since Muse still needs 3 skill levels.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Please tell me this patch didn't remove the ability to see what colors you need to match for for cards like kali and such.

Edit: was in a no LS dungeon

jay23

What's the ideal team for a row-based ADQXQ?

The active on Wukong and DQXQ are both negatively synergistic with Baal, so it seems pointless to include him. Apollo with Rows is green and has no SBR.

Raphael, Thor, Nordis/Sakuya, Wukong/DQXQ? Other flex options: A Venus, Indra

Not sure what the ideal team is, awoken Apollo doesn't have any rows but he's the best green sub cause of the increased skyfall from active skill.

Game8 website has this team listed, that's 17 rows right there.

3NOKSz1.jpg

hermit7

Not sure what the ideal team is, awoken Apollo doesn't have any rows but he's the best green sub cause of the increased skyfall from active skill.

Game8 website has this team listed, that's 17 rows right there.

Seems decent.

Also with the recent buffs Venus got a sbr, so that will be useful for her active, also think her active got buffed to 4 turns as well, but I can't be certain.

Raph is great for the damage reduction, and Baal is for the dark type coverage. I wouldn't be too concerned about various synergies with orb changers at all, you have enough that you're going to focus on getting the colors and clearing the board when popping actives, so if you change orbs for one turn it shouldn't effect you too much on the next turn as well.

As an aside, finally I am finished with my Pandora team. Pandora, zuoh, a. Luci, valk, bikinidora. 43k health, means you can tank anything and the rcv is decent fully plussed. Having a bunch of heart makers is really nice as well. The new batman would be great for this as well because of the conjunction with both valk and Pandora, but I am not rolling for him alone.

Is Krishna worth the effort of skilling up? I don't have much in the way of Fire Rows (Gadius and Yamato is basically it) and my A. Shiva TPA team is rock solid so I'm not sure he'd have a home even if maxed out.
Krishna is a fun team to play. You'll want at least 6 skill boosts between your 4 subs so that Krishna's skyfall active is up immediately. Yamato's 3 skill boosts give you a headstart in that regard. Stack short and medium cooldown orb changes. A 2PA version of the team can work so don't limit yourself to rows only.

A.Shiva is certainly a better lead though.

J0dy77

So pumped for awoken dqxq, they're going to be beast. I have ton of subs for the team and that activation is insanely easy. However, not looking forward to changing Apollo to awoken and losing all those skillups.

Only downside I have right now is no baal to cover dark. Might have to use dark kali in that slot. Covering dark is going to be the hardest part of the team along with survivability.

I'm also not crazy about awoken Venus on these teams. I hate her active. I'd rather her just be a light enhance and let me matche myself.

Edit: forgot that they changed Venus, that AS will be awesome when it comes over.

NineH

I finally cleaned up my box in hopes of getting an MP monster, eyeing Yomidra. I sold around 300 monsters including descend bosses and such and barely passed 320,000 MP. Seeing how hard it was to even get that amount, I am hesistant to buy Yomidra since I am doing fine with an AShiva team. I was only going to use Yomidra as a sub in an ALuci team so I think I can convince myself to not spend my points now.

Bladelaw

I finally cleaned up my box in hopes of getting an MP monster, eyeing Yomidra. I sold around 300 monsters including descend bosses and such and barely passed 320,000 MP. Seeing how hard it was to even get that amount, I am hesistant to buy Yomidra since I am doing fine with an AShiva team. I was only going to use Yomidra as a sub in an ALuci team so I think I can convince myself to not spend my points now.

Smart move I'd think. Yomidra is an excellent sub (much more versatile bind clearer than Sleeping Beauty) and given we haven't seen the rest of the new MP flowers it's not a bad time to wait. Yomidra will be back in the rotation eventually if things don't work out with the others.

On the topic of box clearing I have a couple things I need to do as well. I'm sitting on maybe 40 latent tamas (5-7 of each resist plus misc other ones), and an absurd amount of blue trifruits. What the hell should I do with the latents? Beyond a rainbow to prevent 100% gravity I'm not sure what else makes sense.

colinp

Banned
Smart move I'd think. Yomidra is an excellent sub (much more versatile bind clearer than Sleeping Beauty) and given we haven't seen the rest of the new MP flowers it's not a bad time to wait. Yomidra will be back in the rotation eventually if things don't work out with the others.

On the topic of box clearing I have a couple things I need to do as well. I'm sitting on maybe 40 latent tamas (5-7 of each resist plus misc other ones), and an absurd amount of blue trifruits. What the hell should I do with the latents? Beyond a rainbow to prevent 100% gravity I'm not sure what else makes sense.

Wait a rainbow will prevent 100% gravity?

razterik

Yes. Any single resist of the gravity color will keep you from dying.

JP Challenge level 10. A.Shiva and Arena Kali back to back still not strong enough to defeat Xiang Mei's underlevelled and underplussed team.

Jagernaut

Each element resist latent reduces damage from that element by 1%. Rainbow resists mean 100% gravity from any color enemy will only reduce you to 1% hp. Useful to have 1 team member with 1 element resist of each color.

Edit. For Arena, full dark resists on all team members and helper will reduce all dark damage by 30%.

Bladelaw

So I'm feeling pretty confident with Ra Dragon now. I didn't realize just how much time the team gives you to manipulate the board. I was too used to Rukia/Shiva where it's "get as many matches ASAP" instead of the more specific, match ALL the colors strategy.

Everyone in my team is max skilled but only Dkali is hypermaxed. Do I have a shot at arena 2? I'd be bringing Ra Dragon, Dkali, Dkali, Indra, A. Orochi, Ra Dragon. This is NA so no skill inheritance. I was planning on using Orochi's delay on the predra floor, Indra for DQ Hera floor. I can swap indra for A. Ra though and save the delay for a different floor if that makes sense while accepting the 20% chance of outright failure.

J0dy77

JP Challenge level 10. A.Shiva and Arena Kali back to back still not strong enough to defeat Xiang Mei's underlevelled and underplussed team.

Where is Xiang Mei sitting on the strength charts? I have Gadius and Uriel but only one of each. Not sure who else I would use in those last two slots, probably riding hood and a flex. Maybe even use Yamato just because.

How critical is having the perfect subs for her?

I have two urd that I could use for skill inheritance and easy activation.

hermit7

Where is Xiang Mei sitting on the strength charts? I have Gadius and Uriel but only one of each. Not sure who else I would use in those last two slots, probably riding hood and a flex. Maybe even use Yamato just because.

I think they are fairly important for the stat increases. Fully plussed and you have great health and 81x with rows. There isn't any rcv boost, but they are all healers so that is mitigated well.

razterik

Gadius and Uriel? You're good to go. I would say she's definitely S class if you've got those two. RRH is a good filler sub, low attack but a useful skill that handles bind situations that Gadius can't and good for heart making which makes a stall team like this work better. You could consider a second Xiang Mei for the flex if you've got the MP, otherwise any random red sub can work. Yamato is decent, nice active and awakenings. Urd would also be a fine choice. Biggest issue I have is lack of time extends, since I am used to having 4+ on my teams.

J0dy77

Gadius and Uriel? You're good to go. I would say she's definitely S class if you've got those two. RRH is a good filler sub, low attack but a useful skill that handles bind situations that Gadius can't and good for heart making which makes a stall team like this work better. You could consider a second Xiang Mei for the flex if you've got the MP, otherwise any random red sub can work. Yamato is decent, nice active and awakenings. Urd would also be a fine choice. Biggest issue I have is lack of time extends, since I am used to having 4+ on my teams.

Definitely don't have the MP. 1200 days of play and I still don't even have 300k, once I get rid of a ton of crap I'll probably have enough though.

I'll have to watch some videos and I'll wait for the other new MP cards to be revealed before deciding. Hopefully the light card will be a nice fit or maybe even a solid wood lead for a change.

Jagernaut

Definitely don't have the MP. 1200 days of play and I still don't even have 300k, once I get rid of a ton of crap I'll probably have enough though.

I'll have to watch some videos and I'll wait for the other new MP cards to be revealed before deciding. Hopefully the light card will be a nice fit or maybe even a solid wood lead for a change.

We started around the same time so I'm suprised you have so little mp. I've bought Yomi Dragon and I'm back up to 245k mp. I do roll most of my free stones instead of using them on box space or stamina refresh and then sell the dupes/crap. I was light IAP but haven't spent any money in months.

linsivvi

We started around the same time so I'm suprised you have so little mp. I've bought Yomi Dragon and I'm back up to 245k mp. I do roll most of my free stones instead of using them on box space or stamina refresh and then sell the dupes/crap. I was light IAP but haven't spent any money in months.

I am at 1050 days and I don't even have 200K mp. The reason is I rolled Horus and then Kirin very early on and basically for a couple years I didn't roll very much because they were sufficient. Another reason is I like to keep a copy of everything so I have sold very little.

With the spike in difficulty I've rolled a lot more the past 6 months, so hopefully I can buy my first mp card soon.

Kreed

I just reached 1200 days this week and just got my first Dragon a little while ago and don't have enough points for a skill up Pii right now (I haven't spent real money at all on this game outside of money I've earned from the Google survey app). It definitely helps if you're rolling a lot of Godfest Exclusives (example I've rolled multiple Green Odins for some reason, but never red or blue).

J0dy77

I've only spent about $25 on the game total and most of that was when the game first started and Ancient Dragon Knight was the go to REM roll. Plus, I've had horrid luck with GFE rolls. I see a lot of people selling 4 - 50k GFE dupes, I barely have any.

Once I sell off a lot of the crap I've stashed away in my box I'll be fine. I keep everything because I'm too scared that gungho will make something relevant. The silver crap definitely needs to go though. Aquaman, batgirl and catwoman, dupe catwoman, so many other ones that I can just purge. I'm just holding them until I'm ready to buy the right MP card.

Having Kirin clear a lot of content for me has made me hold off on the temptation of yomidra or Radra. If I'm clearing everything except Arena anyway I'd rather hold off.

Crossing my fingers on the new light MP card. Although I have a sneaking suspicion the wood version is going to be the over powered card this time around. Wood has been at the bottom of the power chart for awhile.

jay23

Seems decent.

Also with the recent buffs Venus got a sbr, so that will be useful for her active, also think her active got buffed to 4 turns as well, but I can't be certain.

Raph is great for the damage reduction, and Baal is for the dark type coverage. I wouldn't be too concerned about various synergies with orb changers at all, you have enough that you're going to focus on getting the colors and clearing the board when popping actives, so if you change orbs for one turn it shouldn't effect you too much on the next turn as well.

Yea her active did get buffed to 4 turns plus it gives some much needed time extend. And you're right, only time that should matter is if you're chaining actives.

I'm ready.
LaZNkcw.png

Nice! I'm missing both Raphael and Venus so I'll have to come up with something else. Luckily having 6 rows with just the leaders gives us a lot of flexibility.

gamewith has a team that keeps uevo apollo, instead it subs in A.Amaterasu to cover green and drops A.Venus.

Now I'm seeing different teams posted on all these JP websites so I don't know who to trust lol.

Guess it just depends on what you need for that particular descended.

hermit7

So I need to skillup Superman and Ganesha and it looks like their floors are guaranteed drops even in 15 stam difficulty during 2x. Awesome!

That is good to hear, did 2 pulls on the collab and got a Superman, really the only card that I wanted so I will try and skill him next week.

That is good to hear, did 2 pulls on the collab and got a Superman, really the only card that I wanted so I will try and skill him next week.
Spent only 1 stone so far and already maxed Supes with 2 skillups to go for Ganesha. Also got the last skillup on my Light Rider. Really efficient dungeon for people with multiple monsters to skill from it.

Spoit

Hmm, wonder if that 15 energy one is trivial enough to farm with hinokagutsuchi, or if you'd have to actually bother looking at the screen to make the matches

colinp

Banned
Hmm, wonder if that 15 energy one is trivial enough to farm with hinokagutsuchi, or if you'd have to actually bother looking at the screen to make the matches

The charging superman soldier has an annoying 'darken all orbs' ability that he uses when he dies, so it isn't quite completely mindless (unless you compose your team to resist dark). Just requires a bit of occasional over watch.

J0dy77

Amazing how much I still play/enjoy this game after 1200 days. These last two events have been great and I'm locked in. Finished off the descended challenge with pretty minimal effort, took 3 tries on Scarlet because of dumb mistakes, two tries on Nordis the rest was a breeze. Switching over to farming Kanetsugu now and already finished off DQ in prep for her awoken and continuing the Thor Hypermax journey. Working on Appollo now and then will switch over to Pandora team.

KFPoRSxl.jpg
XOSaE4vl.jpg

Dq is pentamaxed and so pretty. Can't wait to use her.

Bladelaw

How are you guys beating Scarlet? Every time I try I get wrecked. It's got to be a skill problem on my end. I feel like my teams are super solid. In most cases I'm only missing a skill up or a +297.

My Thoria team is A. Thor, Wukong, apocalypse, A. Ama, Raphael, friend saria.

I don't have dqxq, I could swap Indra in for Raph but those rows...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A.Artemis on Astaroth is really nice - her active and the increased wood skyfall chance is a guaranteed boss kill most of the times. Reminds me of Liu Bei on my Verdandi squad.

I feel like i should be +egging the team but since i already run hypered Verdandi/Bastet it feels a bit too much green. Also combo floors can be an issue with her since the squad has no finger awakenings. But running with +40k hp would be nice.
Dq is pentamaxed and so pretty. Can't wait to use her.
Nice congrats - what Awoken DQ team will you be using ? Im kinda interested in her because i pulled Raphael on the last godfest and this could also improve my Thoria team...just figuring out if its worth the investment.

Is she a step up from Bastet/A.Sakuya ?
How are you guys beating Scarlet? Every time I try I get wrecked. It's got to be a skill problem on my end. I feel like my teams are super solid. In most cases I'm only missing a skill up or a +297.

I always use Sara on her and it works out quite well. Just burst down everything in your path asap - the longer you take in that stage the likelier you will be screwed. 12 Water orbs and Sara clears every stage.

J0dy77

I use Thoria pretty consistently to clear her. I tried over and over again with Sakuya and it just wouldn't work.

My Thoria team is Thor/Saria, DQ, Sun Wukong, Raphael, Apollo.

First round: Pop either DQ or Apollo and clear, use a second skill if you need multiple rounds.
Second round: Use Saria to make sure to burst down the devil twins.
Third round: Stall to recharge all of your skills. When you get to just above 50% use saria/apollo thor combo so you can avoid the 99 turn wood skyfall skill. The light resist helps on this round with charging back up.
Fourth round, charge back up and heal after each big hit. It takes me 4 hearts and a 4 combos to recover the 20k+ hit. When you get near 50% use a skill to finish her off.
5th round: Burst again, both Hera's hit too hard. Use a big combo and one shot to move to the next round. (make sure you are healed before entering this round in case you get DQ hera).
6th round: Stall again to recharge, at 50% you can pop thor to burst her down.
Round 7: Use the remaining charge on Thor active with Saria/apollo to one shot.

Nice congrats - what Awoken DQ team will you be using ? Im kinda interested in her because i pulled Raphael on the last godfest and this could also improve my Thoria team...just figuring out if its worth the investment.

Is she a step up from Bastet/A.Sakuya ?

From the early videos I've seen she's definitely a step up. The burst is insane.

My initial team is probably going to be DQXQ x2, Raphael, Awoken Apollo, Sakuya and D.kali.

I'm lacking a solid light/dark card in that last slot but have a ton of other good light subs to use. I'll test with Thor, Venus in place of Sakuya depending on the dungeon.

Jagernaut

I want to skill up Nut so I ran Water Carnival - Int 12 times and got 11 blue devinyans, pretty good. Then I went 1/11 on skillups.

Bladelaw

Finally beat Scarlet.
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer
Awoken Pandora
Aketchi
Eschamali
Yomidra
Awoken Archdemon Lucifer

F1 popped eschamali two rows kill
F2 eschamali skyfall + Luci for two rows
F3 haku invade, stalled till I ran out of hearts then row for the kill
F4 took the first hit healed then popped Luci + Yomidra for the kill
F5 disco Hera, popped Pandora and skyfalled into a kill
F6 stalled the shield ate the skill drain then Yomidra + Luci to kill
F7 I popped aketchi and prayed rose flare would give me enough to use aketchi for the kill. It did.

jay23

Do you get a magic stone for clearing the first 27 descended challenges?

Only one I'm missing is Zeus mercury which for some reason still gives me problems.

You get a stone for the first three (which are Normal dungeons) then another for the other 22, since Special dungeons aren't counted in a separate category.

Top Bottom