• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Just kind of spitballing a team I could make:
Fenrir, Gainaut, Algedi, Acubens, <cleric>, Fenrir

At max skills for everyone it's not unreasonable to hit a high multiplier on every turn, and using Gainaut to spike hard at the end. 4/6 has god killer (can't think of a cleric with GK), full SBR. Skill boosts aren't as important as everyone but Gainaut is on a 5 or less turn cooldown. The biggest problem I'm seeing is the low HP and crap RCV (barring the cleric slot). I think a max skilled LMeta would be good here. Unless you need a shield to cover an HP threshold thing then Diza/Indra maybe?

Fully plussed some of these problems go away but I'm not THAT dedicated to the cause.

yami4ct

Jammer leads are still fundamentally broken and likely will remain so despite GH's efforts to the contrary. Jammers just aren't that used of a dungeon mechanic for them to be at all reliable. Truly, your only reliable source of multiplier is your active, and the actives tend to be on the longer CD end aside from Fenrir. Fenrir himself only generates enough Jammers to trigger a 4x burst, and you'll need to find another source to unlock his larger multipliers. His attack 2x is a laughable consolation for non jammer boards. The monster take 2 multiplier turns to take down? Well, you're going to be wasting 2 actives.

You can probably make a Fenrir team that can clear some Descends and make some cool things happen, but on the whole, he's far too active heavy to work long term. As a side project, it may be fun.

Bladelaw

Jammer leads are still fundamentally broken and likely will remain so despite GH's efforts to the contrary. Jammers just aren't that used of a dungeon mechanic for them to be at all reliable. Truly, your only reliable source of multiplier is your active, and the actives tend to be on the longer CD end aside from Fenrir. Fenrir himself only generates enough Jammers to trigger a 4x burst, and you'll need to find another source to unlock his larger multipliers. His attack 2x is a laughable consolation for non jammer boards. The monster take 2 multiplier turns to take down? Well, you're going to be wasting 2 actives.

You can probably make a Fenrir team that can clear some Descends and make some cool things happen, but on the whole, he's far too active heavy to work long term. As a side project, it may be fun.

Acubens and Algedi at max skill level are only on a 3 turn cooldown, with Fenrir leads at 5 + 1 turn skyfall (unreliable to be sure though). You could cycle Fenrir, Acubens, Algedi, Fenrir pretty consistently ensuring a minimum 16x damage up to 36x with a horus level match. I'm definitely seeing problems with consistent bursting but getting a decent multiplier each turn seems very possible.

yami4ct

Acubens and Algedi at max skill level are only on a 3 turn cooldown, with Fenrir leads at 5 + 1 turn skyfall (unreliable to be sure though). You could cycle Fenrir, Acubens, Algedi, Fenrir pretty consistently ensuring a minimum 16x damage up to 36x with a horus level match. I'm definitely seeing problems with consistent bursting but getting a decent multiplier each turn seems very possible.

36x doesn't really cut it these days on a lead that doesn't give some sort of tanky HP boost. You can certainly make a Fenrir team that does some cool stuff, but there's a reason the jammer meta isn't a thing. I didn't know Acumens and Algedi were only 3 turns, though. That's interesting.

The other thing to note is that triggering a true burst for Fenrir, you're going to want to generate at least 6 jammers. That means you'll have to trigger at least 2 actives for a burst, which you'll have to recoup somehow on a different floor if it's a multi-boss level. Then you need to find damage combos on top of those jammer generations.

Bladelaw

36x doesn't really cut it these days on a lead that doesn't give some sort of tanky HP boost. You can certainly make a Fenrir team that does some cool stuff, but there's a reason the jammer meta isn't a thing. I didn't know Acumens and Algedi were only 3 turns, though. That's interesting.

The other thing to note is that triggering a true burst for Fenrir, you're going to want to generate at least 6 jammers. That means you'll have to trigger at least 2 actives for a burst, which you'll have to recoup somehow on a different floor if it's a multi-boss level. Then you need to find damage combos on top of those jammer generations.

I mean 36x is better then Awoken Shiva's 20.25x. The problem is Shiva's subs are TPA heavy and activation is trivial in comparison masking it's true damage potential. Definitely a side project as the skill-up opportunities present themselves though. That said I don't see a Fenrir led team clearing arena.

Thanks for the advice. I'll save the evo mats for now. I'm not super flush in Red jewels to burn for Lifive and Gainaut.

StMeph

PAD comes and goes, and currently I'm pretty engaged trying to catch up with all of the things I'd missed, especially with Awoken evos. My teams are all over the place now, though, and each one seems to lack one major card to really pull it all together.

Also pulled Ichigo from the Bleach collab REM, but I only got 2x skillup fodder running the dungeon during 2x, and about 20x of the character egg, which is pointless. GG GungHo, GG. This is the game I remember.

yami4ct

I mean 36x is better then Awoken Shiva's 20.25x. The problem is Shiva's subs are TPA heavy and activation is trivial in comparison masking it's true damage potential. Definitely a side project as the skill-up opportunities present themselves though. That said I don't see a Fenrir led team clearing arena.

Thanks for the advice. I'll save the evo mats for now. I'm not super flush in Red jewels to burn for Lifive and Gainaut.

A. Shiva, as you pointed out, has the advantage of heavy TPA subs, an easy activation and mono color, meaning orb generation is much easier. The other problems with the Fenrir team you mentioned is there's no color cohesion, making damage output less reliable, and the jammer generations are random. There's no guarantee you won't eat your damage orbs.

hermit7

Sweet update. Evoed Artemis and zuoh, need some mats for gadius and the heroes.

Need to run Tamadra village for an hour to awaken all my cards.

Bladelaw

Any bets on what the MP shop will rotate into on Friday?

Seems too early for Xiang Mei. YomiDra better fucking get here. My guess is YomiDra/RagDra.

If it is Yomi I'll be pretty happy. It might be the fastest level 1 to 99, max skilled, 297'd monster I ever have.

If Xiang Mei does show up with YomiD I'm uncertain what I'll do. I'm missing Uriel for the optimal team but I've seen clear vids using Sanada, Red Riding Hood, Urd, and Gadius.

yami4ct

Looks like Tans were added to the NA version in the latest update. Skill Inheritance update coming fairly soon? Here's hoping!

Any bets on what the MP shop will rotate into on Friday?

Seems too early for Xiang Mei. YomiDra better fucking get here. My guess is YomiDra/RagDra.

If it is Yomi I'll be pretty happy. It might be the fastest level 1 to 99, max skilled, 297'd monster I ever have.

If Xiang Mei does show up with YomiD I'm uncertain what I'll do. I'm missing Uriel for the optimal team but I've seen clear vids using Sanada, Red Riding Hood, Urd, and Gadius.

If it was XM, wouldn't she have been added in the latest patch? Not saying they couldn't do a patch for her tomorrow or Friday, but they usually don't cut it that close.

b33r

I would think anyone with a decent hp multiplier and solo atk multiplier would be good. Maybe a. Panda or luci.

Rows and full activations should do good work.

Yeah I suppose I'll experiment with Luci and Saria once I finish them normally.

My son's account has a terrible fire box, but does have two Gadius and two Urds. The only other decent cards are Belial and Chiyome. I have never played Gadius, but it seems like Gadius, Gadius, Urd, Urd, flex would work pretty good. Flex would probably be Chiyome to fix Gadius board change. Any Gadius players know if this team would be worth working on?

Bladelaw

Yeah I suppose I'll experiment with Luci and Saria once I finish them normally.

My son's account has a terrible fire box, but does have two Gadius and two Urds. The only other decent cards are Belial and Chiyome. I have never played Gadius, but it seems like Gadius, Gadius, Urd, Urd, flex would work pretty good. Flex would probably be Chiyome to fix Gadius board change. Any Gadius players know if this team would be worth working on?

For general purpose? that team should work fine. It'll be rough on HP but as long as you're not OHKO'd you should be able to bring it right back up to full. The trick with Gadius is learning his board. I've been experimenting with him to prep for Xiang Mei. If you can hit the 3 red row, 2 heal row dream board there is so much damage. I'd swap Sanada in for Chiyome if that ever becomes an option. The problem is what do you do with the blue Urd generates? Without Cao Cao or Kagu to fix the board you could get stuck. EDIT: Don't use Kagu by the way, losing the heart orbs for dark would be utterly tragic.

StMeph

I have the Gadius and Uriel core necessary for Xiang Mei, but the remaining cards leave much to be desired. I don't even have enough MP for one, much less multiples, so the dream of 3x Xiang Mei / Gadius / Uriel may have to wait for the meta to pass them by. The next best options are two from Laila, Valen, and Mitsuki, so it should still be decent and is probably still the best 300k MP option for me since I don't have D Kali for RaDra.

Bladelaw

So is RaDra worth buying if I don't have Isis?

I have Orochi and Muse as the other major B/G options. I have the D.Kalis. I feel like not being 100% bind proof means I'm screwed though.

I'd run RaDra, D. Kali, D. Kali, A. Orochi, <flex>, RaDra

99% of the time that flex would be D. Kali. Otherwise Indra, Diza, Lmeta, or A. Amaterasu. If I need a shield and bind protection I'm not sure what I'd do.

b33r

For general purpose? that team should work fine. It'll be rough on HP but as long as you're not OHKO'd you should be able to bring it right back up to full. The trick with Gadius is learning his board. I've been experimenting with him to prep for Xiang Mei. If you can hit the 3 red row, 2 heal row dream board there is so much damage. I'd swap Sanada in for Chiyome if that ever becomes an option. The problem is what do you do with the blue Urd generates? Without Cao Cao or Kagu to fix the board you could get stuck.

Thanks, I'll mess around with it as a side project until I finish his main teams in progress.

Edit: Pii gift dungeon is live. First try badpy on one account, third on the other. Not to bad.

Bladelaw

Thanks, I'll mess around with it as a side project until I finish his main teams in progress.

Edit: Pii gift dungeon is live. First try badpy on one account, third on the other. Not to bad.

I think I'm going all in on Badpys. I need 4 more for Eschamali given that 5 are earmarked for YomiD.

yami4ct

So is RaDra worth buying if I don't have Isis?

I have Orochi and Muse as the other major B/G options. I have the D.Kalis. I feel like not being 100% bind proof means I'm screwed though.

I'd run RaDra, D. Kali, D. Kali, A. Orochi, <flex>, RaDra

99% of the time that flex would be D. Kali. Otherwise Indra, Diza, Lmeta, or A. Amaterasu. If I need a shield and bind protection I'm not sure what I'd do.

Replace A. Orochi with Muse. Use A. Ama or Indra as your Flex. That would give you 100% SBR. Equip Orochi on another card once Skill Equips get here. A. Ama/Indra is probably your best bet for that.

Given Isis is really now only used because she's a good skill equip slot and she's unbindable, you'd really only lose the unbindability going with Muse. Muse's active is great for bursting down the Kalis in arena, so that's a card you want at the very least for a skill equip. That team isn't quite as good as the traditional one, but it'd work.

Bladelaw

Replace A. Orochi with Muse. Use A. Ama as your Flex. That would give you 100% SBR. Equip Orochi on another card once Skill Equips get here. A. Ama is probably your best bet for that.

Given Isis is really now only used because she's a good skill equip slot and she's unbindable, you'd really only lose the unbindability going with Muse. Muse's active is great for bursting down the Kalis in arena, so that's a card you want at the very least for a skill equip. That team isn't quite as good as the traditional one, but it'd work.

If I had infinite MP I'd snag it. I have enough for one purchase and I'm sitting on the ideal team for YomiD. Can RaDra clear anything YomiD can't?

I feel like I'm buying PC parts and stuck in the "Should I wait for the next big thing (Xiang Mei/others in that series) or go with a reliable option now (RaD/YomiD)"

I can clear pretty much anything if I play smart. I'd like some "slop" to improve my clear rates on things like Ultimate <thing> Rush! Arena has kicked my ass a couple times and I can't burn stones on it in good conscience. Basically I want the option to farm up Elia skill ups with a solid clear rate. Arena capable is a huge bonus.

yami4ct

If I had infinite MP I'd snag it. I have enough for one purchase and I'm sitting on the ideal team for YomiD. Can RaDra clear anything YomiD can't?

I feel like I'm buying PC parts and stuck in the "Should I wait for the next big thing (Xiang Mei/others in that series) or go with a reliable option now (RaD/YomiD)"

I can clear pretty much anything if I play smart. I'd like some "slop" to improve my clear rates on things like Ultimate <thing> Rush! Arena has kicked my ass a couple times and I can't burn stones on it in good conscience. Basically I want the option to farm up Elia skill ups with a solid clear rate. Arena capable is a huge bonus.

RaDra is much more stable at Arena 2 and similarly hard dungeons than YomiDra and you have close enough to a perfect team. Post skill inheritance, the difference between the ideal and what you've got is just your B/G sub being bindable. Annoying, but not a death sentence. RaDra is still a better leader card than Xiang Mei, even if XM is a bit easier to use. He's the measuring stick for leaders for a reason and I doubt he's going to be topped soon.

b33r

I think I'm going all in on Badpys. I need 4 more for Eschamali given that 5 are earmarked for YomiD.

Yeah me too, my Escha only needs one more but A Haku needs a bunch and I'm tired of dark jewels going to waste. I have 5 saved for Yomi to.

Bladelaw

RaDra is much more stable at Arena 2 and similarly hard dungeons than YomiDra and you have close enough to a perfect team. Post skill inheritance, the difference between the ideal and what you've got is just your B/G sub being bindable. Annoying, but not a death sentence. RaDra is still a better leader card than Xiang Mei, even if XM is a bit easier to use. He's the measuring stick for leaders for a reason and I doubt he's going to be topped soon.

Gonna play around with Awoken Ra to get a feel for the rainbow matching. If I can consistently activate then I'm snagging the chicken god.

I've stuck primarily with combo leads (Shiva, Bastet, Rukia) and only dabbled in rainbow leads (Sakuya mostly). Thanks again for the input.

yami4ct

Gonna play around with Awoken Ra to get a feel for the rainbow matching. If I can consistently activate then I'm snagging the chicken god.

I've stuck primarily with combo leads (Shiva, Bastet, Rukia) and only dabbled in rainbow leads (Sakuya mostly). Thanks again for the input.

Because of his high matching requirement, RaDra plays a lot like a combo lead. In order to match all 6 orb types, you're likely going to end up matching a large portion of your board. Especially so if you're grabbing some TPAs.

YomiDra is a great card, but she took a huge hit when Arena 2 came and never quite recovered. Her multiplier just isn't high enough to work without an HP boost to tank a bit. A. Panda really eats her lunch in that way. She's got the advantage of being a great sub as well, so an investment wouldn't really be a waste, but if you've got the team to run RaDra, you are much better off running him long term, at least until MP Dragons start getting new Ults and get power creeped. In that case, tough, RaDra would also likely benefit.

Bladelaw

I was playing with A. Ra and popped DKali's active when this happened:
k0sXizC.jpg

I really need to skill up my other DKali's.

Thunder Chicken is very cool.

Hmm... I only need 2 more skillups on Durga and I have a couple dozen Quintons. This 2x skillup rate should be good enough to get those last couple of skillups. *proceeds to go 0/10* Fuck this trap shit!

Also, wow I thought I would be sitting on my pile of 54 TAMAs and 30 babies for a while. But the latest update used all of them up and I still have a bunch of monsters still not max-awoken.

hermit7

Padx reporting 10x again this event.

This seems great and I will farm it a ton. Hopefully 2 more or so red cards and a decent fodder for the next mp card.

b33r

That new card was revealed.

AS: Randomly make 3 dark and heart orbs; 1 turn haste

LS: Balance Types 1.5x ATK and RCV; Match 5+ hearts for ATK boost, max 6x

I don't have the subs for it, or it seems Typhon dupes.

Yomi Dragon I will buy without hesitation now.

yami4ct

So, like Xiang Mei, she's designed to be bought in multiples. In fact, unlike XM, she basically requires it. This is kinda a gross trend for MP leads and I hope they cut it out. YomiDra struck a better balance. She was a great lead and a great sub for herself, but her teams didn't really require 2x of her to be super powerful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So, like Xiang Mei, she's designed to be bought in multiples. In fact, unlike XM, she basically requires it. This is kinda a gross trend for MP leads and I hope they cut it out. YomiDra struck a better balance. She was a great lead and a great sub for herself, but her teams didn't really require 2x of her to be super powerful.
Completely agree - seems like those new cards are really only designed for true whales which sucks. The standard MP Dragons were also useful for standard players with regular REM luck.

razterik

Even in multiples, she isn't so hot compared to other leads. Like a worse, slightly stronger YomiDra. Eh.

Lakshmi buffed to create 4 hearts now. Wow, so good. /s

J0dy77

Hmm... I only need 2 more skillups on Durga and I have a couple dozen Quintons. This 2x skillup rate should be good enough to get those last couple of skillups. *proceeds to go 0/10* Fuck this trap shit!

Also, wow I thought I would be sitting on my pile of 54 TAMAs and 30 babies for a while. But the latest update used all of them up and I still have a bunch of monsters still not max-awoken.

I'm highly considering dropping the 10 million coins and just buying the Tamadra dungeon. I have a feeling it will be coming around this event so I'm trying to be patient.

I need so many of those little bastards.

Highly underwhelming. Terrible awakenings and awful sub pool having to rely on balance. Maybe she grows as new cards are released but she's disappointing currently.

Is the new card any better than Typhon? The sub pool is non-existent, but would you even be able to clear stuff that Typhon couldn't? Seems like a poor reveal. I'm sure down the line there might be a sub pool for her (maybe Akechi ult gets balance?), but why release it now? I'm sure the biggest whales will buy multiples, but that can't get them as many purchases as if they released a viable card.

Bladelaw

Is the new card any better than Typhon? The sub pool is non-existent, but would you even be able to clear stuff that Typhon couldn't? Seems like a poor reveal. I'm sure down the line there might be a sub pool for her (maybe Akechi ult gets balance?), but why release it now? I'm sure the biggest whales will buy multiples, but that can't get them as many purchases as if they released a viable card.

Assuming you had two Murakos, two Typhons, and either Loki for spike or maybe even sleeping beauty to clear binds you'd have a stupidly expensive team.

Also I'm bad with Ra. If a Kali is down odds are good so am I. Since I don't have two max skilled Dkalis I swapped Ichigo in for the second Dkali which improved my performance drastically. Not having to wait for the skills to be up makes a world of difference. Two RaDras means it's never too long before Kali is up so it all comes down to planning. When you can spike the damage is absurd. Ichigo has actually been a great sub in this team because the 1.5x orb move time means I have all day to solve the board. The loss of utility awakens sucks but God Killer makes up for a bit. Is this going to bite me in the ass in Arena 2?

I'm currently planning on RaDra, D. Kali, Ichigo, Indra, A. Orochi, RaDra.

Indra still needs to be max skilled as does Orochi. At least I can farm Indra's skill up now.

Yami's comments about Awoken Pandora vs YomiDra had me thinking, What's the cookie cutter A. Panda Arena 2 team? The sub pools are pretty similar with Panda's being a little smaller due to devil typing.

Using what I have available would A. Panda, AALucifer, Ult Zuoh, Akechi, and either Goetia/D Valk/Lu Bu?

Epic Drop

Assuming you had two Murakos, two Typhons, and either Loki for spike or maybe even sleeping beauty to clear binds you'd have a stupidly expensive team.

Also I'm bad with Ra. If a Kali is down odds are good so am I. Since I don't have two max skilled Dkalis I swapped Ichigo in for the second Dkali which improved my performance drastically. Not having to wait for the skills to be up makes a world of difference. Two RaDras means it's never too long before Kali is up so it all comes down to planning. When you can spike the damage is absurd. Ichigo has actually been a great sub in this team because the 1.5x orb move time means I have all day to solve the board. The loss of utility awakens sucks but God Killer makes up for a bit. Is this going to bite me in the ass in Arena 2?

Indra still needs to be max skilled as does Orochi. At least I can farm Indra's skill up now.

Yami's comments about Awoken Pandora vs YomiDra had me thinking, What's the cookie cutter A. Panda Arena 2 team? The sub pools are pretty similar with Panda's being a little smaller due to devil typing.

Using what I have available would A. Panda, AALucifer, Ult Zuoh, Akechi, and either Goetia/D Valk/Lu Bu?

The standard apanda arena 2 team is apanda / a or ultult panda / ult zuoh / akechi / flex / apanda

Where flex is typically LD lilth for the dual purpose small burst and poison active.

You could probably use dvalk in place of the second Pandora though and still have a solid team, just fewer heart makers.

How many DKali's do you have? I think you might want to run RaDra/DKali/Dkali/Indra/Orochi, even though it's 80% SBR. If you have a spare DKali, put it's active on DKali and you're covered for skill delay there. Really, Orochi is the sub spot that you might be able to play around with, but he's been the one I've seen most in that last spot. Skill inheritance is going to be a pretty big shake-up.

Just work on skilling DKali when the skills rotate again.

Bladelaw

That's the plan. I'm really just feeling out the style and ichigo is already max skilled. I'm sitting on three DKali's. One is almost hyper, one is max level no skills and the other is still base.

smbu2000

Completely agree - seems like those new cards are really only designed for true whales which sucks. The standard MP Dragons were also useful for standard players with regular REM luck.

Well the new card seems a bit tough with the sub pool being limited to balance type characters, but XM is usable as long as you have the right subs. I have 2 x Gadius and 1 Uriel who go great on her team. That's why I decided to buy XM on my main account. Sure having another would be nice, but it's not essential. I just need to figure who to use as my last sub. Healer type cards are much easier to find for XM.

When they first announced the new card I thought maybe I bought XM too quickly, but after they showed the skills/stats I was happy with my XM purchase. I just need to evo and start plus egging the team. (After I finish off my XM though my next priority is to 297 my GKali.)

ccbfan

The new card looks like a whale card.

4 or 5 of these + a bind clear pretty much means your have a crazy system always running.

30K + HP
Every action means full HP
81x leader multiplier

Bladelaw

For those using Ra Dragon...how to you deal with skill binding? Using the standard team leaves you short of 100% SBR. Or is Ra Dragon a very specific tool in dungeons with no Skill Binds? I'm thinking of instances like Jewel invades wrecking a run.

Am I just relying too much on Kali's active as a crutch? Who do you sub in if you need 100% SBR? Chester over Indra? Sun Quan/Muse over Orochi?

Jagernaut

They should give Ra Dragon skill bind resist as a 9th awakening like they did with Yomi Dragon.

After getting my 2nd D Kali as my rank 250 free roll I'm considering buying Ra Dragon. I don't have Isis but I do have A Orochi and Muse for the B/G slot. I don't have Indra though, my best shields are A Susano (not God type), D Izanami and Dtron.

hermit7

Also I know this is a little late, but the sbr addition to hino is so good for shiva team comps. Now I can sub in Set as another 3 tpa and keep my 100 percent sbr.

b33r

Also b/b uvo Orochi got sbr and god killer. It sucks you lose the green sub type, but people I know that use rag dragon instead of second dkali now have 100% sbr on ra Dragon.

Top Bottom