• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

PSA some highlights for this event.

The descend challenges are a good source of jewels along with the +eggs. Check listings to see which dungeons have the colors you need. Sucks for mindless push-button farming though.

For those who want to farm +eggs without jewel invades, we still have Zeus challenge for a couple of days.

Water Carnival in coin dungeons is 2x drop. Every floor except the boss is a guaranteed drop even in the 20 stam difficulty. Very easy and efficient if you need those drops. Push-button capable.

Lyrian

It may have been mentioned in here already, but groove coaster at 3x exp on the universal level will keep leveling you up too about 400. I just did it for an hour and never had to use a stone. In fact there was a couple times where the next run would level me and I still had 100+ stam, so I would run one of the challenge descends before doing it again.

It's tedious, but I am only twenty some odd levels from 400. So I will run it again sometime this week to get that extra team spot.

This right here, for those not at the bleeding edge endgame.

At 3x rank XP, GC just outright puts to shame Metalits. 68k rank xp on a normal run, 82k if the invade shows up. Much easier as well, as a TPA will easily clear trash floors, and a TPA + some trash combos will clear the subbosses. Boss floor is trivial as well compared to any descend.

Been weaving in runs of GC between Descended Challenge runs. It is absolutely stupid to be able at over rank 400 to near continuously make leveling laps like this. I'd never thought I would be able to rank after hitting the much steeper xp curve at 400.

Now, I'm in a process where if I am at full stamina, if I am under 280k to level, I am just running GC for the free rank up before heading to farm 10x decends. It is all-but-literally net "free" rank xp, lol. Seriously contemplating making a push for 250 stamina for stoning efficiency, and I probably could do it if I actually devoted more than a passing interest in doing so.

Bladelaw

10x without 30 stamina Tengu feels bad.

I managed to get Awoken Archdemon Lucifer on my alt so now he'll always be available. I think he's 2 badpys away from being max skilled too.

b33r

One roll this godfest, random silver crap that I instantly sold.

This was me as well. Then I let my son roll on his account and he got Rodin... He doesn't run fire teams, but he has that and a Ra now so can look at a push push button team down the road.

Rodin has been my white whale forever now, one day...

yami4ct

JP Godfest Day 2 basically offered everything my A. Panda squad could want, so I ended up going all in. It was good to me.

First 10 pulls:
Kaede
Angel Lucifer (Dupe)
Chrono Turtle
Zuoh (Yes! Yes!)
Cao Cao (Dupe, but OK dupe)
Algedi
Earth Dragon Swordsman (Dupe)
Rei Sirius (Troll. Sold)
Wee Jas (Sold)
Avalon Drake (Seems like a cool card with his new Ult)

Scrounged up 1 more pull today:
Akechi (Yes. Yes)

Amazing Godfest. Basically got all the cards I could possibly want.

Now I need to figure out how to tweak my A. Panda squad. Akechi and Zuoh together basically give me a flex spot now. I can either go

Hanzo: Low CD active is nice. On type. Anti-Blind Awakenings are a bonus. Problem is he basically is just a worse version of Akechi.
Castor: Off-type, low recovery. Dark OE are just kinda eh on this squad. Haste is good and heartbreak pairs really well with both the Pandas and Akechi. Can clear junk without wasting a Zuoh active.
Loki: On type. Two rows are nice. Haste. Burst active isn't that useful, but nice.

I'm still thinking Hanzo for that last spot. Having a 5 turn Dark orb changer is super duper useful, even if he just does the same thing as Akechi. D. Valk would be the ideal card to fill that slot, since she fulfills the heartbreak synergy and low CD roles, but I unfortunately don't have her.

The last question is UUEvo Panda vs A Panda for the sub slot. I'm still not convinced UUEvo's extra RCV is worth the sacrifices, but since I have 3 Panda, I'll probably make the last one a UUEvo and see how I feel.

Bladelaw

Yes, I had some drop. I don't need them because I max skilled Mori without trying while skilling up Raphael in the Water and Light Dog Dragon dungeon.

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to max skill everything but Muse in an hour. Rukia squad only needs +eggs to be hypermaxed.

Jagernaut

I finished my 8th hypermax, Verdandi. I'm going to work on Akechi next since I use him on every Dark team.

PB8AhgG.jpg

yami4ct

I thought Zuoh's main use was synergy with Panda herself, but for some reason I forgot about Akechi. As long as you have more than 6 Wood Orbs to divide your rows, Akechi+Zuoh is a monster combo.

coy

So far, I've been able to 1-shot the descends in this current set. I'm only halfway through but already took down the 3 rogue dungeons to get them out of the way early. For Scarlet, I used Thoria team with DQ, Apoc, Raphael, and Saria as subs. For Nordis, A.Pandora team with Panda, Akechi, Zuoh, and A.Ammy (for bind clear on Nordis) as subs. I love both teams' capabilities and it has made the game that much funner.

I thought Zuoh's main use was synergy with Panda herself, but for some reason I forgot about Akechi. As long as you have more than 6 Wood Orbs to divide your rows, Akechi+Zuoh is a monster combo.

I have the team as outlined above and Zuoh is the MVP. Mine is unskilled but he is still fantastic. I am putting more time into this team since the latest update and having so much fun.

Yeah, Zuoh-Akechi is my go to boost. I really want to skill my Zuoh and start using A. Panda more.

coy

I had all but Cao Cao for 3K so I was mainly aiming for Hermes, Ares, or Apollo. With a streak of GFEs, I decided to keep going as I haven't rolled in awhile.

Grodin (dupe)
Gadius
Tsubaki (dupe)
DQXQ (dupe)
Sun Wukong
Tsubaki (dupe)
Cao Cao
Radious (dupe)

Sold Radious immediately. I'm very happy with Cao Cao and especially Wukong. Not sure what to do with Gadius as I have 2 Yamato but not much else for a good team. I already have a hyper DQ and a dupe DQXQ to spare for awakening so I'll probably sell this extra one. I'll hold onto Grodin just to see what may come. With 3 Tsubaki, I'll play around with a team and hope I pull Leilan and/or Ilm at some point. Happy with the results.

Lyrian

Wait until you see half off Metalit Mondays~

Free ranks until 550s.

Sounds delicious.

Godfest pulls:

Radious (dupe, vendored)
Verdandi (3rd dupe -- do I even need that many?)
Rodin (woot!)
LKali (3rd dupe -- same question as Verdandi?)
Cinderella (dupe, vendored)
Red Chester (dupe, vendored)

I suppose I can't argue with 3 GFEs in 6 pulls, especially with a 6* GFE.

That said, mighty frustrated that after 600+ days, I **still** do not have any cards from the Greek 2 series. I can't roll an orb changer if my life depended on it. /sigh

Thinking about attempting to make a wild attempt on Divine Realm with an AHades. PADX seems to state that a standard devil team will work with him. That jive with anyone's experiences with the dungeon?

Bladelaw

I refused to let zeus and hera win. Took about 450 stamina but I finally cleared it with Rukia. MVP was Orochi's delay at the boss and andromeda for keeping me in the fight till their immunity wore off. Man fuck that dungeon.

jiggle

Rolled a few light galas
Alcyone
Ariel
Shedar
And couple of troll riders
If not for the 1 hades, I wouldn't have been able to tell GF was on lol

Too bad I really wanted Perseus and panty

Did get a Thor on my alt though which I'm ecstatic about
One of my most wanted on alt, actually

Sounds delicious.

Godfest pulls:

Radious (dupe, vendored)
Verdandi (3rd dupe -- do I even need that many?)
Rodin (woot!)
LKali (3rd dupe -- same question as Verdandi?)
Cinderella (dupe, vendored)
Red Chester (dupe, vendored)

I suppose I can't argue with 3 GFEs in 6 pulls, especially with a 6* GFE.

That said, mighty frustrated that after 600+ days, I **still** do not have any cards from the Greek 2 series. I can't roll an orb changer if my life depended on it. /sigh

Thinking about attempting to make a wild attempt on Divine Realm with an AHades. PADX seems to state that a standard devil team will work with him. That jive with anyone's experiences with the dungeon?
I never kept more than two Verdandi/LKali. Maybe keep a third if you intend to use one for skill inheritance.

A.Hades is pretty safe for God Rush. Just make sure you have enough burst to take down things like Satan and the fatty metal.

J0dy77

Pulled four times chasing a second Pandora, might pull once more. These stones are burning a hole in my pocket, even got my 1200 day bonus.

Pulls:

Castor - new
Raphael - dupe
Sylvie - new
Neptune - dupe

No clue how that batch came out but I'll take sylvie. Not sure why she isn't used along with saria and Ryune more? Wood just seems to be the weakest color these days. I could make a really strong prong or row team for her. I have tons of wood subs but never use them.

Bladelaw

Day 2:
green fruit dragon
Indra
Yamato number 3
Alcyone dupe
Sagirinokami
Alfecca
Green Zhuge Liang

I was hoping for another Pandora.

b33r

I refused to let zeus and hera win. Took about 450 stamina but I finally cleared it with Rukia. MVP was Orochi's delay at the boss and andromeda for keeping me in the fight till their immunity wore off. Man fuck that dungeon.

I hate that dungeon too. I can beat it no problem on my JP account same way. Stall through their shield then Orochi and burst them down with Rukia. Maybe I'll try bringing echidna on my regular account and try the same tactic with Shiva Dragon.

Edit: yeah echidna made that easy, I think I can actually just use my r/d Cao Cao as I only needed one turn delay.

yami4ct

Playing my A. Panda team really makes me hope we see the other Awoken Heroes soon. Imagine if A. Yamato is just Panda but Attackers. Yamato/Urd/R.Valk/Sanada/Yamato/Yamato becomes a monster team. Only thing it lacks is Urd doesn't have rows, but that's far from killer.

I also want that because I basically have that team on the US side. I'm only missing Sanada.

Watch GungHo go and make Yamato boost Dragons.

Bladelaw

Do you have Awoken Shiva? I found Zeus&Hera really easy with this team.
I do but every time I would burst them into their kill zone then fuck up the last combo. Stalling with my Shiva team is basically impossible. I don't have enough rcv to make up for the damage I take on Neptune.

I tried running with Ra drag but the resolve screwed me up. Yomidra had the same problem though I was able to stall much more effectively. AAluci team had trouble with the combo checks. This is straight up a tough dungeon. I'd like it more if I could practice it without burning stamina.

Either way it's done.

hermit7

I do but every time I would burst them into their kill zone then fuck up the last combo. Stalling with my Shiva team is basically impossible. I don't have enough rcv to make up for the damage I take on Neptune.

I tried running with Ra drag but the resolve screwed me up. Yomidra had the same problem though I was able to stall much more effectively. AAluci team had trouble with the combo checks. This is straight up a tough dungeon. I'd like it more if I could practice it without burning stamina.

Either way it's done.
For Neptune pop a shiva and burst. It kills his defense and you should be able to burst him down.

smbu2000

You are right - the sub situation with XM seems a bit more forgiving compared to Plum. Just dont like the trend from XM --> to plum with the quite restrictive subs already...i can feel that GungHo will screw the Wood version of that MP group again. Then again if their goal is for whales to spend enough for multiple 300k units i dont see them changing their approach.

I would get XM as well if i had a 2nd Gadius and/or Uriel. Fire seems to have gotten another great addition after Shiva Dragon. Wish they would spread the love a little bit more.

Dont forget to post your XM impressions once you have the team up and running.
Well I just finally evo'd my XM and just need to max level her and give her those last few plus eggs I need.(I ended up 297'ing my GKali first.)
I just noticed one problem with my potential team though. Gadius doesn't have any SBRs! That means that I have to find somebody with 2 SBRs or sub out one Gadius. If only I had another Uriel instead of Gadius. I need to think about who to put in/sub out.

I did watch a video of a solo clear of Machine Hera with a XM team. He one shot the boss, although he did have 3 XMs (4 including the friend) on his team, along with Gadius and Uriel.
Machine Hera solo clear with XM team

If you have somebody that can counterattack like Anubis or one of the other Devils like him, then it makes the boss fight pretty easy as the counterattack happens when Zeus does his Gravity attack.

Zeus and Hera quick clear

Skip to about 2:50 to see the actual start of the dungeon. At the beginning of the video he is just explaining why he wants to get another Z&H.

I used the same tactic on that new dungeon to skill up Ryune and other water cards on the JP server as the boss also has resolve. He heals the first time, but the second time he will attack twice I believe, but after the first one(24k damage) he dies from the counterattack. I got an S rank on it with 100k score, heh.

Jagernaut

For Neptune pop a shiva and burst. It kills his defense and you should be able to burst him down.

Yep, Shiva active + orb change if you need it kills Neptune in 1 turn. On Zeus&Hera attack for 2 turns without huge combos then Menace. You then have 4 turns to finish them.

razterik

Well I just finally evo'd my XM and just need to max level her and give her those last few plus eggs I need.(I ended up 297'ing my GKali first.)
I just noticed one problem with my potential team though. Gadius doesn't have any SBRs! That means that I have to find somebody with 2 SBRs or sub out one Gadius. If only I had another Uriel instead of Gadius. I need to think about who to put in/sub out.

Mitsuki or Red Riding Hood? They make good budget subs. Or non-healer utility red sub like Sanada, Cao Cao, Freyr.

I have opposite problem. Two Uriel but no Gadius. Right now I'm running Saria board change on RRH, but thinking I'll switch that to the PADBT Minerva girl if I can get her leveled/skilled.

Lyrian

I never kept more than two Verdandi/LKali. Maybe keep a third if you intend to use one for skill inheritance.

A.Hades is pretty safe for God Rush. Just make sure you have enough burst to take down things like Satan and the fatty metal.

After embarrassingly choking on Zeus while running double AHades (which took forever to get to the boss), I cleared it the second time using AHades/Ronia/AYomi/ALoki/Haku/APanda. Went sooooooo much faster the second time. Thankfully missed fatty both times I ran the dungeon, as that would have been the end of each run for sure.

Only took 612 days for my first Legend Plus clear, but I'll take it!

J0dy77 said:
No clue how that batch came out but I'll take sylvie. Not sure why she isn't used along with saria and Ryune more? Wood just seems to be the weakest color these days. I could make a really strong prong or row team for her. I have tons of wood subs but never use them.

Sylvie, functionally and statwise, is almost exactly the same as Beezlebub, trading only +500 HP for -50 ATK. Pentamaxed with ATK latents, Beezlebub achieves 2716 ATK. Sylvie should end up at 2650ish ATK, and that is **without** an UEvo. I'm guessing she is still rare-ish, as she is a 6* GFE. In the long term, she should be extremely useful, as she covers both rows, TPAs, and has a full board change with hearts and haste. An almost 100% complete tanky package, that is only really missing a SBR and maybe bind resistance/curing. I'd bet that will come with her UEvo.

In other news, Monday Dungeon lands in the U.S. tomorrow. Time to get all the ranks, and some easy light dub-amelits for evolving tamadras.

jay23

Yea I just noticed the new Gadius uevo doesn't have sbr makes it kind of hard to lead with him. Would prefer sbr over that devil killer awakening tbh.

I had the worst godfest in six months.

7 pulls, 5 silver eggs. 1 Ceres and 1 Minerva (both pulled on day 1 go figure). Ceres completes that pantheon. Minerva was immediately sold, I've got my awoken Minerva don't need another.

Seriously the worst godfest in six months, maybe longer. Easily since three stars were taken out.

Ducarmel

^maybe you should have saved minerva for her quick bomb. She is a decent skill inheritance card 50% defense break and 99 true damage good enough for arena 2 predra.

smbu2000

Mitsuki or Red Riding Hood? They make good budget subs. Or non-healer utility red sub like Sanada, Cao Cao, Freyr.

I have opposite problem. Two Uriel but no Gadius. Right now I'm running Saria board change on RRH, but thinking I'll switch that to the PADBT Minerva girl if I can get her leveled/skilled.
Well I do have 1 Uriel as well. My planned team was XM/Gadius/Gadius/Uriel/???
Trying to fit somebody in that last slot who would be useful. Now if I want to use that team I need somebody with 2 SBRs. My fire cards with 2 SBRs are Horus and Freyr, but they aren't healer types. Yuna and Amaterasu are both healers with 2 SBRs, but they are off color and don't really do much for the team.

I could just take out one Gadius and use 2 useful subs instead like Takeru, Sanada or Cao Cao. Urd, A.Minerva or Laila could also work.
I'm still hoping Ikki from the Saint Seiya collab. gets a power up/uevo whenever the collab. comes around again as he is a healer/attacker that I have. His skill is only semi-useful though.

Unless I save up another 300k for another XM... -_-;

I also pulled Cameo during the recent GF. Has a useful skill with the enhance for wood/dark row awakenings, but I'm not sure if I'll use it since I don't really run those row teams.

Bladelaw

So I started an alt on my tablet planning to reroll until I got Pandora. First pull: D Kali, second pull no reroll Sylvie, third pull no reroll L Kali. I guess I'm keeping this account.

b33r

So I started an alt on my tablet planning to reroll until I got Pandora. First pull: D Kali, second pull no reroll Sylvie, third pull no reroll L Kali. I guess I'm keeping this account.

Sylvie was my first pull on my JP account, she took me through most of the game pretty fast. Once she is fully plussed her stats are bonkers and she hits like a tank.

Paired with Freyja and some subs with rows she can do most content.

Congrats on those pulls.

Spoit

So Awoken DQXQ looks kinda nuts. 3 white rows and 64x with a row+3 other atts? (7 for 100x). The damage from just the leaders seems rather silly.

yami4ct

So, today I moved my JP account to also be on my phone as well as my iPad. I used to just mess around with it as an alt, but my Panda team is good enough that I really want to spend full time with it.

So Awoken DQXQ looks kinda nuts. 3 white rows and 64x with a row+3 other atts? (7 for 100x). The damage from just the leaders seems rather silly.

They're a really great lead set. A good beginner lead that will transition to late game very well with the new Awoken.

The problem is, it's hard to do their top multipliers consistently. 3 colors+rows is a tricky mix. You can't just pop an L. Kali and guarantee a 100x like you could with something like A. Ra. They also lack any sort of HP and RCV boost. There's a reason you don't really see any pure burst leads in the top tiers aside from RaDra, whose ridiculous multiplier outweighs the lack of HP boost.

They're really good, though, and might actually be my top recommendation for a starter lead at this point.

b33r

So, today I moved my JP account to also be on my phone as well as my iPad. I used to just mess around with it as an alt, but my Panda team is good enough that I really want to spend full time with it.

They're a really great lead set. A good beginner lead that will transition to late game very well with the new Awoken.

The problem is, it's hard to do their top multipliers consistently. 3 colors+rows is a tricky mix. You can't just pop an L. Kali and guarantee a 100x like you could with something like A. Ra. They also lack any sort of HP and RCV boost. There's a reason you don't really see any pure burst leads in the top tiers aside from RaDra, whose ridiculous multiplier outweighs the lack of HP boost.

They're really good, though, and might actually be my top recommendation for a starter lead at this point.

Yeah that's what scares me, glass cannon meta doesn't work for a lot of late game, it's the only reason I can't beat everything with Shiva Dragon. Though it can beat a lot of content, the newer dungeons need hp or rcv multiplier leads, if not both.

That said, I believe you are right with starting pull. That card will take you a long way. Probably as far as most. She was my starting pull and I am looking forward to use her again.

Edit:https://m.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDra...deo_damage_test_awoken_dqxq_vs_hel_descended/

If you look at that thread she looks good with out optimal subs. Some comments show her annihilating with better ones. I definitely cannot match as fast as that op video, but color me intrigued with her potential.

Bladelaw

Yolo pulled on BvS collab and got Aquaman. Meh

Since I'm not really desperate for anything in game I've been burning stamina working on my Ra Dragon skills. Activation rate is getting better as I'm learning how to cascade instead of just trying to make tough matches. My current best hit is for over 40 million (Ra Dragons did 11 million each) damage after a Muse spike. I still need to max skill him but realistically I only use him once a dungeon so far.

Top Bottom