• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

Xiang Mei rotates out on the 15th, so we should know in a few days if she's in the next MP rotation.

I plan on buying Yomi Dragon still, but I want to see what that card is first.

Went into Hanuman Descended blind and instantly regretted my decision

Yes, I did the same thing thinking it was some easy dungeon with it showing 1 floor. Took Verdandi and died after awhile. Beat the easier one with Sylvie and he dropped, not sure I want to do the harder one.

jay23

Damn I wish awoken DQXQ was unbindable instead of having those 2 water rows. Either way I can't wait for the JP videos to see how they play.

Did some calculations and if I sold most of my dupes and unused cards I can get up to 200k mp. Just gotta continue rolling and I'll have enough eventually.

J0dy77

Hmmm, A. Persephone might make my A. Panda team. Not sure if I'm going A.DQXQ for my Thoria team. I'll wait for smarter people than me to team build with them.

This 10x event has been ridiculously good for me. I've max skilled Thor, +297'd RaDra and both of my DKali's, and I'm 1/3 of the way to finishing Indra. When you factor in the stones I've gotten from the event and for completing new dungeons, I'm only about 5 stones short of what I started with. Hoping to finish my RaDra team completely, which is insane to me. I had no idea that would even be possible.

I was debating who should be my last 297 of this event on my thoria team, dq or Apollo. Looks like this announcement made that easy for me. I've got two max skill dqxq and one will definitely be awoken. The 100x multiplier seems pretty easy to activate and with the row bonus her damage should go through the roof. Defensive skill inheritance is going to be required though.

Really interested to see what people come up with for teams. I'm thinking something like dqxq, Thor, susano, l. Kali, with a flex on the end. That's nine light rows and huge burst. Can even throw sakuya in for bind relief. Need to find a way to sneak dark on the team though, maybe izanami.

bjork

I was playing Crows X Worst V earlier today. Every so often, I'll see someone with a Bouya wearing a sukajan with PAD art on the back. I've seen two different ones, one with a little smiling dragon and another with a tama. Today I saw a character I'd never seen before, which is a dude wearing a smiling dragon head. So it looks like a delinquent wearing some sports mascot head. I was caught off-guard and forgot to screen grab it, but it was cool. If it shows up again, I'll try and remember.

Awoken DQXQ looks pretty cool. Excited to see what they come up with for Cao Cao. And very curious to see how they handle Lu Bu. He won a vote way back when, so I feel like he deserves proper treatment.

smbu2000

Well yesterday I was watching some vids of people pulling in the special school REM. (don't remember the English name) and decided to pull myself. Bought a pack of 30 stones for my main account and pulled several silvers in a row and finally a gold egg..

IMG_5867kikali_zpsgd2roehb.jpg
Yes! GKali?. She's pretty much the only card I wanted. She doesn't have the bind heal like the other Kalis, but she is still unbindable and has the 2 time extends and the all drop change, which is nice since I don't have a regular DKali.

She is going on my RaDra team and the only bad thing is that she has the same colors as my Ragnarok Dragon, so I've had to shuffle things around to get all colors in and maintain 100% SBR. My current team looks like this: RaDra/Ragnarok Dragon/GKali/A.Horus/A.Isis. I took out Maeda Keiji and Indra and to maintain the 100% SBR and get Fire in there I used A.Horus. I might give him Maeda Keiji's skill (drop refresh w/haste).

To skill her up I used 10 red orbs, but only got 2 skill ups, so I just gave her 3 piis to finish her off. I haven't really used my green ones, although I need some for Thief. Just need to check around in my mail.
Went into Hanuman Descended blind and instantly regretted my decision
Haha, yeah. I was like WTF! I messed up on my first try with a YD team. Then I subbed in Orochi and waited it out. Wasn't too bad after I waited out the delay. Did the same on my main account too. The RCV boost for YD really helps out as long as you have 3 hearts.

Bladelaw

I managed to clear Divine Realm first try with Rukia. I'm pretty psyched about her. It was trivial too. I'm hoping I can run the rest as easily.

I managed 3 297's from 10x. Rukia, Scheat, and a mule for my MP purchase (still Yomidra unless I roll a Uriel then it's xiang mei).

I ran out of steam +egg farming before I ran out of stones. Tengu was great, but I just wanted to play other games yesterday. I'd really like to build a push button team, but no Rodins and just 1 Vritra. I'll need to finish Indra, A. Isis, and A.Orochi next time 10x comes.

Quantum

I ran out of steam +egg farming before I ran out of stones. Tengu was great, but I just wanted to play other games yesterday. I'd really like to build a push button team, but no Rodins and just 1 Vritra. I'll need to finish Indra, A. Isis, and A.Orochi next time 10x comes.

I did the least amount of farming possible - natural stamina - still managed to hypermax one mob on two different accounts.

still looking for other games to drop some time into - I burned through quantum break this weekend which was ok, but really makes me realize how gaming has changed over time - I did pick it up for 47.99 with amazon prime, but its got no replay value and I'm done with it - I'm not sure how that is any different then dropping a similar amount of cash on PAD and then getting ten hours of team building to play the game differently.

just wish there was a better was to secure your account, and I wish the US version would get the same benefits as the JPN servers.

Are you looking for another gachahell timesink sort of deal or a AAA game? Cause the English version of Granblue just came out today, which shares servers with JP and straight up uses an email/pw system to log in.

It runs like garbage on phones though so most people just use the PC version to play, so if you wanted to have something to play on the go it might not be ideal for you.

Quantum

Are you looking for another gachahell timesink sort of deal or a AAA game? Cause the English version of Granblue just came out today, which shares servers with JP and straight up uses an email/pw system to log in.

It runs like garbage on phones though so most people just use the PC version to play, so if you wanted to have something to play on the go it might not be ideal for you.

Hard to categorize what I will like which makes it difficult to lock me down to a format/console/mobile. regardless of my love/hate relationship with PAD it has kept me thinking/team-building for a long time.

I like having a mmorpg to think about when I have down time, I like the format of mobile but am not completely attached to it. PAD definitely fills that itch well and I don't currently have an active mmorpg subscription (other than AO and btp secret world)

I will download granblue - it looks interesting, and love the fact there is a password/account system.

razterik

Fair warning, Granblue has absolutely zero English support so you might need to find a friend to translate if you run into problems and don't want to lose any investment. Otherwise, game is great. Has much greater depth in gameplay compared to PAD so far and I have only barely scratched the surface on content.

Spent yesterday running Tengu nonstop and used almost 30 stones. +297ed Scarlet and now I am sitting on 10 more 297s along with ~300 extra HP/ATK eggs. Would love for this to come back regularly, even though I know it never will again. Didn't mind missing half of Thieves' Den today at all.

Fair warning, Granblue has absolutely zero English support so you might need to find a friend to translate if you run into problems and don't want to lose any investment. Otherwise, game is great. Has much greater depth in gameplay compared to PAD so far and I have only barely scratched the surface on content.
English option went live for everybody today. There's an OT for it in the main forum somewhere, I'm guessing there are still people holding onto spare reroll accounts during the insane 2nd anniversary event from a few weeks back.

Spent yesterday running Tengu nonstop and used almost 30 stones. +297ed Scarlet and now I am sitting on 10 more 297s along with ~300 extra HP/ATK eggs. Would love for this to come back regularly, even though I know it never will again. Didn't mind missing half of Thieves' Den today at all.
Holy shit, 30 stones in 1 day? That's a grind. I spent about 50 stones over the course of the week. Nice thing about push-button teams is that most of my farming was during multitasking so it wasn't such a grind. I don't even have to look at the screen besides ending and starting a dungeon. I just push/swipe according to the audio cues. I only hypered a second Rodin and Set, and I'm sitting on 20 mules.

razterik

English option went live for everybody today.

I've been following it. I just mean that he won't get anywhere sending support requests if he has a problem since they only answer Japanese. Not that PAD support is fantastic, but they at least pretend to handle English requests.

Holy shit, 30 stones in 1 day? That's a grind. I spent about 50 stones over the course of the week. Nice thing about push-button teams is that most of my farming was during multitasking so it wasn't such a grind.

I was doing push button as well, outside a couple quick swipes, so it wasn't too bad. Blowing through 4-5 stones an hour made it go fast. Spent the evening watching tv, heh.

Wish I had a push button team for something other than the outdated Star Vault. Still don't have a single Rodin, Vritra, A.Ra, etc.

Even if we ever get the 1.5x +egg Star Vault, it still pales in comparison to the rates of Star Den and 10x descends. :(

J0dy77

Holy shit, 30 stones in 1 day? That's a grind. I spent about 50 stones over the course of the week. Nice thing about push-button teams is that most of my farming was during multitasking so it wasn't such a grind. I don't even have to look at the screen besides ending and starting a dungeon. I just push/swipe according to the audio cues. I only hypered a second Rodin and Set, and I'm sitting on 20 mules.

I'm not sure how many stones I spent, probably about 15 total and dropped about 7million coins. Im about 10 stones down from when I started the 10x grind. 1.5x tengu is pretty amazing, the fact that you dont have to focus and the stones come so fast makes it so much better than anything else. I ran Kanetsugu on Saturday just to ease up on the coins a bit and change it up.

I was able to Hypermax my second L. Kali that I just pulled last fest, Sun Wukong, Raphael, finished the last 30+ on Thor and got 200+ into DQ after her Awoken was announced. 350 eggs left to hypermax Thoria team. Was a good event.

b33r

I too actually spent a lot of time farming plus eggs this time. I already had Shiva Dragon and Urd hyper, so I gave two Ares and two Sets the same treatment. Never really use my third Ares on the team anymore so I'll probably save him for the awoken form.

I also started working on my dark box. Didn't finish any of them, but got over two hundred + eggs on Escha, Haku, Luci, Okuni, Akechi, and Yomi dragons uvo mats.

With my Shiva Dragon team maxed and soon to have Luci and Yomi Dragon teams maxed, I should be able to do most content. I have a good I&I and Saria team as well. My green box has great subs but not any great leaders, Spica/Verdandi. So I will work on water or light box next, leaning towards light because I also have DQXQ. Any reason to choose blue over light?

cdViking

So after spending a solid week doing all Tengu, all the time, I was able to get my first 2 +297s (Urd and Cao Cao) and banking a +297 mule. I'm now looking at direction for my Urd team, and am curious about whether to go row/TPA (aware I should have saved the Cao Cao +297, but he should be useful in any case).

Level 239, team cost 254. No PadHerder, but here are relevant monsters in my Box (last GF was awesome for me):

REM
Urd
Cao Cao
Leilan
Uriel
Antares
Denebola
Strawberry Dragon
Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin

Farmable
Echidna
Theuriga
U/R Siegfried
Hera-Ur

Team right now (U/R TPA):
Urd/Cao Cao/Wiz Merlin/Siegfried/Theuriga/Urd

While Cao Cao is a great TPA sub, it looks like with Leilan and Strawberry Dragon, there is a high potential for good row team. I know the long-term success will probably be dependent on which subs I can pull from REM, but is there a stronger direction I can go right now?

jiggle

So after spending a solid week doing all Tengu, all the time, I was able to get my first 2 +297s (Urd and Cao Cao) and banking a +297 mule. I'm now looking at direction for my Urd team, and am curious about whether to go row/TPA (aware I should have saved the Cao Cao +297, but he should be useful in any case).

Level 239, team cost 254. No PadHerder, but here are relevant monsters in my Box (last GF was awesome for me):

REM
Urd
Cao Cao
Leilan
Uriel
Antares
Denebola
Strawberry Dragon
Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin

Farmable
Echidna
Theuriga
U/R Siegfried
Hera-Ur

Team right now (U/R TPA):
Urd/Cao Cao/Wiz Merlin/Siegfried/Theuriga/Urd

While Cao Cao is a great TPA sub, it looks like with Leilan and Strawberry Dragon, there is a high potential for good row team. I know the long-term success will probably be dependent on which subs I can pull from REM, but is there a stronger direction I can go right now?

Antares could makes better mono red leads for you because most cards are not getting the hp/RCV bonus from urds?

With urd - cao cao - Uriel - leilan - Antares - urd
You get
9x - 11x damage multiplier
+11 orb enhance
+6 row enhance
100% sbr
delay
6 orb/broad changers
But only 2 cards get the hp/RCV bonuses from urds

With Antares - cao cao - Uriel - Leilani - urd - Antares
You get 16x damage multiplier
51% damage reduction from non red
+10 orb enhance
+6 row enhance
100% sbr
delay
6 orb/broad changers

b33r

Jiggle is correct, the constellation 1 series are very underrated as leaders. The problem is finding other friends that have them up, Urds are everywhere.

As a side note, you still get a fairly decent hp/rcv bonus just from the Urd leads, especially if they are plussed.

So I just pulled Osiris for my starter, but I'm confused by his Leader Skill. By 6+ combo does it mean a combo of six individual matches, or a single match involving 6+ orbs?

hermit7

So I just pulled Osiris for my starter, but I'm confused by his Leader Skill. By 6+ combo does it mean a combo of six individual matches, or a single match involving 6+ orbs?

Six individual matches.

He is a great lead and works really well. (Was one of my most desired cards that I haven't ever gotten.)

Single match involving 6+ orbs is referred to by the game as "connected" orbs.

6+ combos is absurdly daunting for a beginner, and even some endgame teams can't consistently match that high. Don't feel bad giving up and trying to reroll more. Although we should be getting a Godfest pretty soon so you'll get the chance to roll a supplementary god...

edit: yes. notice in this video when the "combo x12.25" (3.5*3.5 since there are two osiris) pops up. you have to match 6 all in one "turn", but the ATK multiplier will apply for everything that turn once it's met.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDPRCa7DoZ8

yami4ct

So does this mean that getting multiple small matches should be my goal on each board?

Short Answer (If you don't want to take into account later mechanics that might confuse you): Yes. Fewer orbs in one match gives you more orbs you can use to get higher combo counts.

Longer Answer: Sort of. Osiris focuses on subs that have an ability called Two-Prong Attack. He has the ability himself as well. Monsters with that ability do 1.5x damage per TPA awakening when you match 4 orbs of their color. It also attacks 2 enemies instead of 1, but that's a less important fact. That means, late game with Osiris, you want to maximize your combo count while also maximizing the number of 4 orb green matches.

That longer answer isn't important for where you're at now, but it's the way things go long term.

Got my third +297, which makes 3

Awoken shiva
Awoken Sakuya
Yomidra

Now what? Awoken Luci? A sub for multiple teams (something like Akechi or awoken Haku?)

Yomidra, should I put all five dark resist parents on him or three darks and two skill bind resists?

yami4ct

Got my third +297, which makes 3

Awoken shiva
Awoken Sakuya
Yomidra

Now what? Awoken Luci? A sub for multiple teams (something like Akechi or awoken Haku?)

Yomidra, should I put all five dark resist parents on him or three darks and two skill bind resists?

An Akechi that would be useful on multiple squads would probably be the most beneficial.

b33r

I have been mainly a fire guy since the start, since I also have good dark subs I have been working on them for my future Yomi Dragon. I had no great leaders, paired escha/castor with Yomi Dragon friends was best. But pulled luci recently.

Now that his team is somewhat skilled and plussed I tried him out today on Zeus challenge. Holy shit, he makes those his bitch! I railroaded through those with ease. I needed the extra globes too, I accidentally fed one of mine to plus fodder during Tengu mayhem.

Actually pretty excited for the dark side.

Edit: And Hera Dragon is going to make Yomi Dragon tanky. Hope the rcv is still ok. Either way, unless the plum gentleman card is crazy and I have the optimal subs, Yomi Dragon is bought.

yami4ct

I have been mainly a fire guy since the start, since I also have good dark subs I have been working on them for my future Yomi Dragon. I had no great leaders, paired escha/castor with Yomi Dragon friends was best. But pulled luci recently.

Now that his team is somewhat skilled and plussed I tried him out today on Zeus challenge. Holy shit, he makes those his bitch! I railroaded through those with ease. I needed the extra globes too, I accidentally fed one of mine to plus fodder during Tengu mayhem.

Edit: And Hera Dragon is going to make Yomi Dragon tanky. Hope the rcv is still ok. Either way, unless the plum gentleman card is crazy and I have the optimal subs, Yomi Dragon is bought.

HeraDra is PAD Radar right? I'd like to think GungHo will find a way for those cards to come westward, but I have my doubts.

b33r

HeraDra is PAD Radar right? I'd like to think GungHo will find a way for those cards to come westward, but I have my doubts.

What the community has been saying is they will be guerrilla dungeons at some point. I don't know where they are getting the info, but I have seen it many times.

Bladelaw

Our experiences are pretty similar. I started with Urd then graduated to Awoken Shiva. Went hog wild on a god fest that overlapped a dark gala and became flush with awesome dark cards (escha, fa luci, castor, haku, akechi, etc).

The only thing keeping me from using luci more is I burn through my friends quickly. I'm hoping there's a bff reset soon as I really could use one with Luci up all the time. Him and rukia would be perfect in the 1/2 slot.

On that note: thanks yami, your Luci was put to good use.

Kreed

Grinding those plus eggs for my Idunn and Idunna/soon to be Neptune Dragon team was extremely tedious but so worth it just seeing the improved damage output as I went through the Zeus challenges (ex, Andromeda and one row being enough to OTKO a couple of the bosses vs a board change). Think I'll start making some arena 2 attempts once Neptune is finished.

b33r

Our experiences are pretty similar. I started with Urd then graduated to Awoken Shiva. Went hog wild on a god fest that overlapped a dark gala and became flush with awesome dark cards (escha, fa luci, castor, haku, akechi, etc).

The only thing keeping me from using luci more is I burn through my friends quickly. I'm hoping there's a bff reset soon as I really could use one with Luci up all the time. Him and rukia would be perfect in the 1/2 slot.

On that note: thanks yami, your Luci was put to good use.

Exactly my route, Urd to awoken Shiva, then I bought Shiva Dragon. I started with dqxq though.

I'm actually lucky my son's account has a luci on it so I can put it up when I need it.

jay23

When is the best time to farm yamato skill ups? I purchased fire carnival but I'm not getting any drops on the final floor.

razterik

If coin dungeons don't have an event drop bonus, the boss floor for the color carnivals is only about 40%. Better to wait until an event starts, so you should have all day Friday before coin rotation.

b33r

The drop rate for Yamato skill ups was really poor for me. Mine only needed two and I had a Cao Cao that needed two, plus two Sets from scratch. I finished Yamato last...

b33r

Try Blonia, my son has a similar box and has gone through most content with Ryune. Recently pulled Blonia and she is really strong. I was surprised how well she handled the dungeons I tried her on.

The rcv is amazing and she can hit really hard with a good board.

Jagernaut

Game is back up, have to download new version. New ultimate evos are out, just did Yamato, Gadius, Wukong, Pandora, and Avalon Drake. Will do Verche, Voice, and Zeal later, they will need a ton of xp.

Used my devilits on DKali skill ups, have to wait for friday for Zouh. Also need to stone tamas the next time that comes around. I was so prepared for this a couple weeks ago, then I bought RaDra and it took all my attention.

Bladelaw

Game is back up, have to download new version. New ultimate evos are out, just did Yamato, Gadius, Wukong, Pandora, and Avalon Drake. Will do Verche, Voice, and Zeal later, they will need a ton of xp.

Yamato and Wukong are definitely happening ASAP. I'm super excited for these two as they're staples on my favorite teams.

J0dy77

Amazing update for me, love those Yamato and Wukong upgrades. I did Avalon as well but have to wait on Gadius until I get some more red fruit.

I'm debating if I should go Awoken Artemis or not. I'm trying to figure out if TPA or Row is the best way to go for any of my green leads.

Nice to see the knights get some love with the reincarnation.

I am really kicking myself for not farming Tamadras. First time I was prepared for all upgrades but need about 20 total tamadras to finish their awakenings.

Rixa

PAD and its stupid skyfall system that works on every other floor than boss floor.
Full board of dark enhanced orbs. Dont get single skyfall, which is not surprise cause its boss floor. Yomidra does 512k damage and those are mobs are dead. One more reason to hate this bs (biggest one is stupid skill up system).

Oh well I guess it should be better to clear only half / less board and get skyfalls.

Bladelaw

So Jammer meta question:

I pulled a silly amount of Fenrir when he was released. I have all the NA available jammer makers (Acubens, Algedi, Fenrir, even rage stoned through Gainaut).

When there's no skill up boost it's difficult to get motivated to farm skill up mats so I'm working on Gainaut's Uevo. Basically from square one. I have all the base monsters (except volcano dragon...) and the evo mats. Over the last couple days I farmed and evoed Samurai Zaerog, Zeus Vulcan, and Hera-Ur (not Dancing Queen level yet). I need ZV and H-U to evo Lifive. It's actually fun working toward something but I'm not sure it's worth it (jewels/fruits). Also the Volcano dragon (or it's Lil form) refuses to drop, is there a semi-consistent method to get this bastard?

Has anyone actually made a working end game level Fenrir team? I managed to max skill a Fenrir via Metal Queens. Gainaut is going to be the sticky wicket on skill ups until I can find a way to consistently clear it with no stones.

I don't care if it's NA or JP since eventually Fenrir will get the JP buffs.

Top Bottom