• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

I tried arena since it's there today and my Luci team is fully plussed now. I still need 1-2 skill ups on 3 cards.

Died on Grisar because Hino had all my skills delayed 7-10 turns. Team feels very capable, just need to play the dungeon more and get used to all the floors. Pretty happy to have a team capable of beating this dungeon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cruised through EEC with my Astaroth squad - that was really easy.

quickmemo_2016-04-20-bjsht.png

Still need to max skill the 2nd Michael - maybe i will run Hera-Beorc for some skillups.
From the early videos I've seen she's definitely a step up. The burst is insane.

My initial team is probably going to be DQXQ x2, Raphael, Awoken Apollo, Sakuya and D.kali.

I'm lacking a solid light/dark card in that last slot but have a ton of other good light subs to use. I'll test with Thor, Venus in place of Sakuya depending on the dungeon.
Hah - yeah just saw the video jay23 posted earlier from the Arena run - damage output is ridiculous. Im looking forward to trying her out once she hits NA - this should give me an excuse to use some of tose Shypys that are filling up my box.

I want to skill up Nut so I ran Water Carnival - Int 12 times and got 11 blue devinyans, pretty good. Then I went 1/11 on skillups.

I had a Sun Quan, Mori and Nut to skill up, so I cleared my stamina a couple days running water carnival. Everything is max skilled but Nut now, horrible skill-up rates. I'm 2 skill levels away, but I also have a 2nd Nut I could skill up. Just can't force myself to run it just for Nut.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I also wanna skill up Mori - but he is the only unit that needs skillups so it doesnt seem worth the effort right now. Havent really looked into the unit as well...he seems worse than tow water subs ala Andromeda/Gabriel and Hermes.

I also wanna skill up Mori - but he is the only unit that needs skillups so it doesnt seem worth the effort right now. Havent really looked into the unit as well...he seems worse than tow water subs ala Andromeda/Gabriel and Hermes.
I went 5/26 on mine but it helps that the lowest stamina version is 100% drop aside from the boss floor. Once the skill delay TAMAs become reasonably farmable, I'm going to drop two of them on him. He makes a good psuedo Blonia since I don't have a second one to use as a sub.

anybody use padr I have not gotten any orbs today thought it was because of the update, so I updated and still not orbs.
This would explain why I didn't get orbs this morning. There's a huge multi-tweet notice on pad_sexy which might explain things but I can't read it lol

Edit: oh I haven't patched yet, might explain things

b33r

I haven't really been getting orbs at my house since 1.04, only when I'm out and about. Haven't tested new patch yet, will tomorrow during while on errands.

This guy is pretty crazy
AS: 2 turn increase light skyfall, spawn 2 light orbs randomly
LS: 1/1.5/1.5 for Machine type, increase ATK for making 2+ light combos, up to 6x

edit: so upon further inspection you only get the kinda crummy base form from the levelup dungeon, the body parts required to create the exodia uvo come from dungeons only accessible using pad radar lomarf

Spent most of the day clearing stuff in the descend challenge with RaDra. I haven't used the team much for serious content, and don't have my skills up to where they need to be, but I still was surprised with my success rate. Failed a lot of dungeons, but I figured today was a good day to not worry about wasted stamina.

Took A. Panda in to Nordis. A month or two ago I took the same team, but could never get to the last floor with a decent burst available. Well, now that I have 2 max skilled akechi's, I was able to clear it pretty easily. Saved Zuoh-A. Panda combo for the boss and smoked it. Used the shynpy on RaDra, who just needs one more to be hyper maxed.

Pretty good day for just messing around. Really glad I'm not plus egg farming this event.

Quantum

- think I'm finally burnt out on the game, haven't touched stamina in about 4 days.
- DXDQ looks neat, I have an ideal team but not in the mood to make it

- really nice that they make the metalit dungeon on monday - you can rank up so quickly now

- I'll be out of the country for more than a week soon and I don't plan to take PAD - should be a nice break - first time not logging in for more than a week in more than two years.

linsivvi

Spent 1 stone on Int Batman vs Superman collab and max skilled both Arthur and Gryps Rider. Hope this collab will come back a few months later when their cool downs drop by 1.

On the other hand, feed 5 blue orbs to Scheat and no skill up. Spirit jewel farming sucks. I guess if I ever need to use Scheat in a team I'll just use Pys.

Bladelaw

Ancient Lightning and Ocean dragons has been kind to me. I guess the game took pity on me for dropping 10 dark jewels on Eschamali and getting no skill ups.

Kakkab #1 is max skilled. 3 more to go. All I'm trying to get out of the dungeon is a max skilled Baal but pretty much everything here drops a skill up I can use (Indra, Durga, Leonis, Kakkabs, Anubis, Baal) except Thor and Loki.

What does a Kakkab system team look like? Kakkab leads, 3 more as subs, and what for filler? I'm planning on Eschamali since she benefits from the leader skill and can clear hazards. If I need her skill to be up I can just cycle Kakkabs.

I don't know why, but this is the third straight ranking dungeon (with fixed teams) that my alt account has completely demolished my main accounts score in

Also just realized, why didn't we get the first fixed team ranking dungeon for PAX East? Would have been a really convenient time to run it.

jay23

I give up on scarlet for now, only my sakuya team is capable of clearing and I pretty much need to hit x100 on most floors just to survive.

Maybe I'll try with Ryune once I get the monsters on that team skilled up.

NineH

On the other hand, feed 5 blue orbs to Scheat and no skill up. Spirit jewel farming sucks. I guess if I ever need to use Scheat in a team I'll just use Pys.

When the light orb skilled up Awoken Sakuya, I went 0/15. I was so angry since that was when we had 3x skill up rate. This game and RNG can be so frustrating.

Kreed

Finally cleared the Descend Challenge after spending the last few days on Nordis attempts with my Idunn and Idunna + Ryune friend team. I actually ended up just swapping out Hermes for Ice Knight Kamui which made the difference, as his lower cool down allowed me to save Andromeda/Karin/Blue Sonia/Idunn/Ryune's skills for the last three floors.

J0dy77

LOL, this is even more hilarious considering Light Tron has been buffed like 10 times already you know.

The fact that the community is basically up in arms and buffs like this are occurring makes me think that L. Meta will get a huge buff sometime in the future. Hold onto those L. Meta and R. Sonia cards, they will return to glory one day. Calling it now.

Jonsoncao

Banned
The fact that the community is basically up in arms and buffs like this are occurring makes me think that L. Meta will get a huge buff sometime in the future. Hold onto those L. Meta and R. Sonia cards, they will return to glory one day. Calling it now.

Yeah, I always think maybe, just maybe, R.Sonia is gonna be the first godfest exclusive getting the awoken treatment.

linsivvi

It's not like Ronia is terrible right now. The active will always be very useful.

All they need to do is to give her SBR and a couple row attack awakenings and she'll be in top form again.

StMeph

Yeah, I always think maybe, just maybe, R.Sonia is gonna be the first godfest exclusive getting the awoken treatment.

I'd bet on the Odins before Dragoncallers if just because they were the first GFEs in the game.

It's not like Ronia is terrible right now. The active will always be very useful.

All they need to do is to give her SBR and a couple row attack awakenings and she'll be in top form again.

Even with those she might have a hard time finding a role on a team because full-board orb changers are pretty common now, and there are other things that need to be filled.

yami4ct

I'd bet on the Odins before Dragoncallers if just because they were the first GFEs in the game.

I would not be surprised if they get it at the same time. GrOdin, Ronia and L.Meta all 3 get Awokens at the same time. They've done multiple at once like that and then it serves all purposes.

Kreed

Even with those she might have a hard time finding a role on a team because full-board orb changers are pretty common now, and there are other things that need to be filled.

Look at Blue Sonia's ultimate (which is still high on most tier lists as a leader). Despite being very similar to Red Sonia, she's considered a better roll due to her leader skill being much better for rows and having more awakenings. In addition, she fits perfectly on blue teams like Neptune Dragon and Idunn and Idunna + Ryune. If they were to tweak Ultimate Red Sonia's leader skill and awakenings to match Blue's, that would already be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately Gungho screwed Red Sonia (and Freyr) over with Gadius, so she can't get the sub benefits Blue Sonia gets right now until more red/dark monsters are introduced.

Bladelaw

What are people using to farm Kanetsugu super fast? My Yomidra team nails it no problem but unless I burst pretty hard I feel like I waste a ton of time on the ninja marionette

hermit7

What are people using to farm Kanetsugu super fast? My Yomidra team nails it no problem but unless I burst pretty hard I feel like I waste a ton of time on the ninja marionette

Pandora typically is who I use. A 16x typically breaks defense and then I pop luci for the floor with the 2 rowdy goblins.

b33r

I'm just using Shiva Dragon. If you don't have one I've seen people using rvalk and pairing with a Shiva Dragon clearing it fast. Best fire god orb changers as subs, set helps a lot with his 3 tpas.

I max skilled my diza today, 6 out of 10. I've never had a card skill that fast.

Bladelaw

I stumbled on a rather dumb but effective team.
Luci, A. Pandora, Muse, Eschamali, Yomidra, Luci

Luci takes out the marionette and the blue samurai dragon if you're lucky, match a row for everything else, pop muse on Kanetsugu just in case.

Lyrian

Look at Blue Sonia's ultimate (which is still high on most tier lists as a leader). Despite being very similar to Red Sonia, she's considered a better roll due to her leader skill being much better for rows and having more awakenings. In addition, she fits perfectly on blue teams like Neptune Dragon and Idunn and Idunna + Ryune. If they were to tweak Ultimate Red Sonia's leader skill and awakenings to match Blue's, that would already be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately Gungho screwed Red Sonia (and Freyr) over with Gadius, so she can't get the sub benefits Blue Sonia gets right now until more red/dark monsters are introduced.

There's another potential issue of player expectations.

Will Ronia eventually get another evolve? Sure looks like it. Reincarnations are a perfect magic hand wave to give GungHo a mulligan and rewrite all the older cards to meet more modern meta standards. The core issue is of player expectations regarding her sisters. As soon as she gets a 8* reincarnation, there will be immediate demands for a 9* reincarnation of Gonia and Bonia. 9* is evolved MP dragon territory, which has the severe potential to piss some people off royally if the GFEs start becoming serious competitors to them.

For example, how pissed would Shiva Dragon users be if 8* Reincarnated Ronia had a leader skill of "2.5x to Dragons and Devils, 2x ATK on a turn a skill is used." Yes, Shivagon can always achieve 25x every turn unconditionally as an advantage, but many would cry fowl if Ronia came even close to matching Shivagon in power (and could be situationally more useful, such as against high damage absorbs]. And then her 9* sisters? They would need to be even stronger than that.

Which then begs the question, just how quickly with the MP dragons become obsolete? Should MP dragons get Uevos to compensate?

Regardless, Reincarnated GFEs will surely not be in play until the next tier of evo materials above jewels is released. Not looking forward to seeing what types of dungeons actually drop those materials.

The drop rates for Dub-myths in Friday mythical is bullshit. How do I get 16 baby TAMAs and only 10 Dub-myths in 26 runs? I've noticed this trend in prior Friday farming runs, too. I think the drop rate for the baby is higher than the 33% one would assume.

Jagernaut

I just beat Nordis for the first time with Awoken Lucifer, feels good. I had failed before with Yomi Dragon because I didn't have an instant unbinder or enough hp to tank a hit from Nordis's 2nd form.

Yomi Dragon, A Haku, and friend Lucifer were hypermaxed. Akechi needs rcv eggs, atk and hp are maxed.

yami4ct

JP PEM starting Monday will have everything drop with +1 to all stats, nice

I'd love to take advantage, but I really need to wait for the Rare Character Carnival. Need those Dark Pixies to Skill Up my UUevo panda. Really wish they'd bring the Dark Pixie or Dark Carnival back soon. The other options to get Dark Pixie are so garbage. I remember when hearing the Pixies and Chasers were going to invade dungeons sounded like a really positive and cool thing.

b33r

Ooh and I'm maxed out on points.

Edit: so thinking about this, a regular ten pull will net you 30+ eggs. Even kanegetsu averages 6, that's like saving 250 stamina from plus farming. Pretty nice, I hope we get this in the states eventually.

razterik

The drop rates for Dub-myths in Friday mythical is bullshit. How do I get 16 baby TAMAs and only 10 Dub-myths in 26 runs? I've noticed this trend in prior Friday farming runs, too. I think the drop rate for the baby is higher than the 33% one would assume.

Farm Linthia in coin dungeons or co-op. You will never be short Dub-mythlits again. Coin version also has bonus ~30% chance for resist latent invades, which I think are dark ones right now, though I'm not sure how often they switch.

Good, because the current PAL pulls are worthless. Enhance mats where are you..

Not that I'm playing PAD besides burning stamina as fast as possible anyway. Too addicted to Granblue now.

Bladelaw

Ra Dragon is now hypermaxed. Trying to decide if the next hyper is going to eschamali or Dkali. Which makes more sense?

I'm thinking dkali as the RaDra team is what I'd theoretically throw against the more absurd content. Might as well max the definite members of that team.

yami4ct

Ra Dragon is now hypermaxed. Trying to decide if the next hyper is going to eschamali or Dkali. Which makes more sense?

I'm thinking dkali as the RaDra team is what I'd theoretically throw against the more absurd content. Might as well max the definite members of that team.

I just got mine hypermaxed today too. That 10x descend challenge! My personal move is to go DKali as RaDra is my go to team right now and I do use DKali for A. Ra as well (though A Ra is pretty much just there for Twinlits as he's a bit more stable there than RaDra).

smbu2000

Cleared Challenge 10 on my 2nd try the other day. First try didn't have enough power on my attack against Shiva and he took me out with just a bit of HP left over.

Hard to see in the picture, but that was DKali. I had black zeus on my iPhone team (pic is of iPad team) for the 35% needed to avoid her initial attack.

YDs have Apocalypse's (L/D/Heart board change and haste) and DMeta has Akechi's skill.

I always thought of Nordis as one of the easier rogue dungeons. As long as you have somebody to clear the binds, it should be no problem. On my Kite team, I used LMeta for that. Had no problems with my YD team as well.

If you are using a RaDra team (or some other team multi color based team) then DKali should be your priority.

If you are using some kind of dark team like YD or Luci then Eschamali would probably be better. Eschamali is a mainstay on my YD team.

FU Nordis, I hate you.

Big middle finger to this dungeon. One reason I have taken lightly PAD lately. Stupid utterly bs gimmick dungeons that aint fun at all.

A. Panda with A. Ama sub makes it a cakewalk. Only rogue I can easily handle.

Cleared Sonia Gran and reverse Sonia Gran with my Typhon team. I haven't used it in a while, I'd been using A. Panda when I want to go with a dark team. Typhon still rules.

Top Bottom