• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FU Nordis, I hate you.

Big middle finger to this dungeon. One reason I have taken lightly PAD lately. Stupid utterly bs gimmick dungeons that aint fun at all.

I feel you - seems like there isnt much left between mindless farming or ridiculous tough stages. Tough to say where the game is headed...my interest is getting smaller every month but i still will wait until we get Awoken U&Y, to close the my PaD circle of Life lol.

Well anyway...you still pulled though - so congrats :-D

linsivvi

A. Panda with A. Ama sub makes it a cakewalk. Only rogue I can easily handle.

Cleared Sonia Gran and reverse Sonia Gran with my Typhon team. I haven't used it in a while, I'd been using A. Panda when I want to go with a dark team. Typhon still rules.

Yeah, Panda team makes this easy. The only thing that could ruin a run is jewel invade on an experience floor.

Going to be farming this the last event day for Leeza and Indra skill ups.

Rixa

A. Panda with A. Ama sub makes it a cakewalk. Only rogue I can easily handle.

Cleared Sonia Gran and reverse Sonia Gran with my Typhon team. I haven't used it in a while, I'd been using A. Panda when I want to go with a dark team. Typhon still rules.
Yup. Dont have Panda nor A.Ama. :p Cleared Sonia Gran on first try tho.
I feel you - seems like there isnt much left between mindless farming or ridiculous tough stages. Tough to say where the game is headed...my interest is getting smaller every month but i still will wait until we get Awoken U&Y, to close the my PaD circle of Life lol.

Well anyway...you still pulled though - so congrats :-D
Thank you :). Same toughts here, I have left mindless grinding away on my main account and didnt grind plus eggs much either. Just not interested. On alt I have grinded Groove Coaster, trying to get to 250 today.

Ducarmel

Is it worth the effort to farm sprites in legendary dragon footprints?

trying to skill up uevo panda on my jp account I bought dark carnival but i'm getting trolled with Chaser invade. I see abyss is in bonus exp, but i'm not sure about the drop rates.

Rixa

Lucifer works too. You don't need Ama. Aamir can be used to unbind everything and you can practically stall forever on the first form of the boss.
And thats what I did. Made sure that I have enough hearts on table and all units had skills ready. So I used YD to bind clear with heart row.

My alt made over 40 ranks during weekend to get rank 250. Then I pull shit, Ishida Mitsunari *yack*. Maybe some Astaroth users could use it but for me its just one inventory spot filler.

Bladelaw

Why am I farming up a kakkab system? I'm literally one skill up away from it. Then I'd need to level them.

My love of stupid gimmicks is going to kill me. I finished skilling up everything else in the ancient lightning and ocean Dragons except Baal and I've spent way too much time failing at that to want to keep going.

I got bored of +egg farming. I think 2 hypers an event is my limit.

Why am I farming up a kakkab system? I'm literally one skill up away from it. Then I'd need to level them.

My love of stupid gimmicks is going to kill me. I finished skilling up everything else in the ancient lightning and ocean Dragons except Baal and I've spent way too much time failing at that to want to keep going.

I got bored of +egg farming. I think 2 hypers an event is my limit.

I couldn't even attempt to farm +eggs this event. I can't do 10x back to back. Move sat on full stamina most weekend. When I feel like playing I just buy groove coaster and rank up.

J0dy77

Just took a gigantic dump and cashed out 5 months of pal point mail to create 2 more hypermaxes. +PEM event too stronk

I had no idea this was a thing. I was just thinking about how I don't really need anything from the pem these days and what should I do with all of these con mails. What's the limit on mail? I think I'm going to horde.

razterik

There isn't really a limit for mail. Even if it's full (over like 500 now, I think?), it is stored server side until you make space in your box.

smbu2000

Yeah, I wish I hadn't used up so many points last week trying for evo mats on my main account. On my iPad I was still able to get a decent amount of plus eggs (well over 70 pulls from the PEM), which should make my next hyper character pretty easy.

Going to see if I can pull anybody once the Sunday collab. starts again.

Also passed 900 days on my main account the other day and pretty close to 850 on my secondary.

I have a lot of unopened mail on both of mine, rewards from challenge dungeons, etc. Piis or Jewels, usually. I just have to search through it when I need something that I don't have in my box.

Currently the only thing I hoard in my inbox are tamas and pal points. It's too difficult keeping track of what goes with what, so I just buy extra box space for the misc. challenge dungeon rewards so I don't have to dig them out of the inbox later.

Used RaDra to clear Sonia Gran Reverse for the stone. I usually only think about God-typing for the team, but didn't realize my standard team has just as many Dragons as Gods, and is 100% Dragons if I replace A.Isis with Orochi. Needless to say, the dungeon was a breeze for a hypermaxed team that also got an additional boost from the dungeon.

smbu2000

Just pulled on the Sunday collab. and picked up some pretty good ones!

Main (iPhone): Pulled Inuyasha (only gold I didn't get last time), Ushio & Tora (already had from last time), and Sinbad and the others were silver. Three 6* golds, pretty nice!

iPad: 2 silvers and a dupe Inuyasha. Only gold I had from last time and I get another one, heh. Hoped for something else. (Forgot I also had Recca last time.)

I'm pretty happy about pulling Sinbad. Unlike Inuyasha you can uevo him right away. He's unbindable, has 2 SBRs, 2 SBs and a TPA. His skill is Balance/Devil cards receive 1.5x ATK for 2 turns and increases the time limit of orb movement by 1.5x for 2 turns (max 7 turns).

Very nice and he will be a great addition to my Sephiroth team. I was using Kite on the team as he is a devil and has 2 SBRs, but his board change leaves me missing 1 color so I can't get the full 81x from Sephiroth. Sinbad with his 2 SBRs and devil type will sub in nicely. Sephiroths lack is SBRs is tough to get around. Very happy to get Sinbad. (Thank you 900 day 10 stone bonus.)

jay23

Just took a gigantic dump and cashed out 5 months of pal point mail to create 2 more hypermaxes. +PEM event too stronk

Welp looks like I'm saving all my pal point rewards for that starting now.

Also cleared Sonia gran reverse today with awoken Ra team. Went in blind so didn't know what to expect on the final floor. I underestimate the power from my awoken Ra team, blew right through the -50% shield.

Ducarmel

I gave sunday collab a couple of pulls only new golds were Kurei and Mitsuhashi & Itou, they join the ranks of box cheerleaders.

I also got dupe Aladdin i was about to sell him but I think he would be a great skill inheritance card for my Sakuya.

yami4ct

So, apparently Game8 has done a dramatic shift in how they rate leaders and they now weight co-op fairly heavy in their rankings. Honestly seems like a weird move to me. While GH definitely wants to make co-op a thing and heavily incentivize it, the game is currently not built for it and it doesn't seem to be the way the majority of players go about it. Maybe if they add real matchmaking and/or asynchronous play it'll happen, but in its current state it just seems like a side thing.

Interesting notes, though: Xiang Mei now ranks up there with Ra Dra. Probably the right move overall, but I still contend that her bindability hurts her enough that Ra Dra is the top card. Awoken Panda has now taken her rightful place above Awoken Luci. Game8 had that absurdly switched for way, way too long. Also, Yuna, Awoken DQXQ, Awoken Persephone and Awoken Apollo are all considered A rank now. DQXQ seems like the only super solid pick in that group, but I should probably mess around with a Yuna squad given all the hype she has.

In in game news: Pulled once on the Shonen Sunday Collab and got a Lum. She doesn't seem that great, but her active seems ripe for inheritance. Might mess around with that at some point.

Bladelaw

Had a decent weekend PAD-wise.

I cleared up some Alt. Techs, Coin dungeons, and Gran Reverse for stones. Farmed up a Kakkab system skill ups. Max skilled 2 Indras, Durga, Leonis, 4 Kakkabs, got exactly 1 skill up for Baal, still need 5 more. Max leveled a bunch of cards. Hyper Maxed Ra Dragon and D Kali.

Basically kept myself busy while I was otherwise indecisive about what to play.

Director's Choice is tempting because I still need Isis but if there's a PCGF inbound I think I'll wait. DC galas don't have GF like gold egg rates right?

J0dy77

So, apparently Game8 has done a dramatic shift in how they rate leaders and they now weight co-op fairly heavy in their rankings. Honestly seems like a weird move to me. While GH definitely wants to make co-op a thing and heavily incentivize it, the game is currently not built for it and it doesn't seem to be the way the majority of players go about it. Maybe if they add real matchmaking and/or asynchronous play it'll happen, but in its current state it just seems like a side thing.

Interesting notes, though: Xiang Mei now ranks up there with Ra Dra. Probably the right move overall, but I still contend that her bindability hurts her enough that Ra Dra is the top card. Awoken Panda has now taken her rightful place above Awoken Luci. Game8 had that absurdly switched for way, way too long. Also, Yuna, Awoken DQXQ, Awoken Persephone and Awoken Apollo are all considered A rank now. DQXQ seems like the only super solid pick in that group, but I should probably mess around with a Yuna squad given all the hype she has.

In in game news: Pulled once on the Shonen Sunday Collab and got a Lum. She doesn't seem that great, but her active seems ripe for inheritance. Might mess around with that at some point.

I decided late this event that I'm most likely going to make Xiang Mei my first MP card. Started hoarding +eggs for the team instead of dumping them on Awoken Pandora. I have Gadius and Uriel, my last two spots would be suspect and I'd probably use non healer cards or red valkd with skill inheritance but I still think she'll be worth it.

I agree about MP, they need to make a much better matchmaking system for me to have any interest. I loved trying MP when it first came out but it's such a pain to setup and I don't have any RL friends that play this.

Bladelaw

So regarding Multiplayer my biggest complaint is not knowing anyone that plays IRL. I don't want to be on the hook for a rage loss in something like Mecha Hera because I flubbed a combo or missed a skill at a critical time. I basically burned stones to grab one of each of the "multi only" monsters when they were low stam and the 1 player option (pre-coins) was a thing.

If I go into a super tough dungeon with someone from here or reddit or wherever I don't want to screw someone else out on the dungeon because I suck under pressure.

That said I'm not sure how you beat mechahera/zeus solo with few to zero stones, All the vids I look up are multi, require up to 12 stones or involve skill inheritance.

smbu2000

So regarding Multiplayer my biggest complaint is not knowing anyone that plays IRL. I don't want to be on the hook for a rage loss in something like Mecha Hera because I flubbed a combo or missed a skill at a critical time. I basically burned stones to grab one of each of the "multi only" monsters when they were low stam and the 1 player option (pre-coins) was a thing.

If I go into a super tough dungeon with someone from here or reddit or wherever I don't want to screw someone else out on the dungeon because I suck under pressure.

That said I'm not sure how you beat mechahera/zeus solo with few to zero stones, All the vids I look up are multi, require up to 12 stones or involve skill inheritance.
Well there is a Mech Hera solo video from Dacho on the official PAD youtube page. Of course with skill inheritance. He has Susano's (original skill not Awoken one) skill on Tengu. He uses Tengu to tank hits on the pre-boss stage, and then uses him again on Hera. His friend has Carat's skill I believe. (1.3x damage for every SB on the team)

J0dy77

I don't think any of the long term Gaf PAD players would care if you choked in a dungeon, it happens to all of us. Let me know if you want to run it some time, I haven't even thought about trying it or what team I'd use. I have a hyper Sakuya and Thoria team to use, not sure which would be best.

How is our GAF discord community doing? Anyone still using it? I haven't opened it in ages.

Kreed

One thing I don't like about Game8 Tier lists is how they move former higher ranked leaders down ranks without any real reason for it other than to keep the number of higher tier leaders low. Example, what changed to make Awoken Lucifer and Neptune Dragon the same tier as Blue Sonia while removing Idunn and Idunna + Ryune from A rank entirely other than the addition of Awoken Pandora and Sephiroth to S? And does Anubis ever move?

fek

I got Sinbad and will probably use as leader for my two Ruels. Team is going to be lacking on time extends but looks good anyway.
Also got Sesshoumaru. Works like plum but with the HP boost I wanted.

ZeroAKA

What's the best difficulty for skilling up Light Riders in the DC Collab dungeon? I want to get one max skilled for my future ADQXQ team.

Bladelaw

I don't think any of the long term Gaf PAD players would care if you choked in a dungeon, it happens to all of us. Let me know if you want to run it some time, I haven't even thought about trying it or what team I'd use. I have a hyper Sakuya and Thoria team to use, not sure which would be best.

How is our GAF discord community doing? Anyone still using it? I haven't opened it in ages.

I'm a rage stoner. I hate leaving a dungeon like Mech Hera half finished especially if I had a good run up to that point. For something like that I don't want to pressure anyone into using stones they'd rather save for a GF.

I don't have any full Hyper teams yet either. Ra Dragon is closest with 2 (3 with a friend lead). I'd be bringing Ra Dragon, D. Kali, Ichigo, Orochi/Muse, Indra, ideally with a friend Ra Dragon. I'd use a second D. Kali but skill ups aren't happening until Devilits are back in the rotation. The main reason I'd use Muse over Orochi is to just Murder Mecha Hera once her light/dark absorb turns off. Indra obviously to tank through those two turns. I still need to grab two skill delay resist latents for Ra Dragon too.

What's the best difficulty for skilling up Light Riders in the DC Collab dungeon? I want to get one max skilled for my future ADQXQ team.

I'd run the 15 stam version if 2x drops is active, otherwise expert maybe? I did my skilling up during 2x since I have Gryps and Arthur so it didn't really matter which one dropped.

J0dy77

I'm a rage stoner. I hate leaving a dungeon like Mech Hera half finished especially if I had a good run up to that point. For something like that I don't want to pressure anyone into using stones they'd rather save for a GF.

I don't have any full Hyper teams yet either. Ra Dragon is closest with 2 (3 with a friend lead). I'd be bringing Ra Dragon, D. Kali, Ichigo, Orochi/Muse, Indra, ideally with a friend Ra Dragon. I'd use a second D. Kali but skill ups aren't happening until Devilits are back in the rotation. The main reason I'd use Muse over Orochi is to just Murder Mecha Hera once her light/dark absorb turns off. Indra obviously to tank through those two turns. I still need to grab two skill delay resist latents for Ra Dragon too.

Unless I have my information wrong, only the person that spent the stamina on the dungeon is required to stone? Can anyone confirm this? So feel free to stone away if we run it. lol

Bladelaw

Unless I have my information wrong, only the person that spent the stamina on the dungeon is required to stone? Can anyone confirm this? So feel free to stone away if we run it. lol

Huh, I need to test fail an alt account then to confirm if that happens. I don't see me clearing Mecha Zeus (8 combo shield is rough without skyfall god's help) ever so Mecha Hera is part of my plan to farm Coop Ultimate God Rush for Elia skill ups. Given that you can throw pretty much any team in there so long as you can stay above 80% HP it's trivial.

also FYI Dragon Zombie in the Devil challenge is still dragons only even though it's not labeled as such. That was hilarious to run with Ra Dragon.

Both players spend stamina on the dungeon, but only the host stones.

GAF Discord isn't really active for whatever reason but it might become more active as NA starts getting challenge dungeons that require co-op to beat

Bladelaw

Both players spend stamina on the dungeon, but only the host stones.

GAF Discord isn't really active for whatever reason but it might become more active as NA starts getting challenge dungeons that require co-op to beat

Thanks for the info. That actually really dulls my multi angst.

Given that would it make more sense to use Orochi or Muse to cover the B/G slot for Ra Dragon? I can Py either of them to max skill (though I'd rather not for Muse given the Bowl Dragons) but it'll be up by Mecha Hera anyway. I don't see my Awoken Archdemon Lucifer team or Yomidra teams making it through the hell of that dungeon without some significant luck/insane latent investment. Ra Dragon I think I can get away with Dark Resists + Skill Delay resists on just Ra Dragon.

So after that last event, I'm now up to 28 +mules. I only have 36 hypermaxed cards. I remember how long and expensive it was hypermaxing my first card (Ancient Dragon Knight aka ADK). And how accomplished I felt completing my first hypermaxed team. Now we're at a point where we can hypermax entire teams on impulse. How long before GH just makes a hyper TAMA available in the shop instead of needing to mindlessly farm for hours?

razterik

JP getting free +297s from pulling the PAL machine, so..

Really, the farming has gotten so easy it probably shouldn't even exist anymore. But then there's no game left?

Bladelaw

The main reason I play is coming up with weird teams and seeing if they work. "System" teams, Green Rows, and the dream of hypermaxing a proper team all call to me.

In case anyone was wondering Perseus, Australis, Australis, Spica/Verdandi, Avalon Drake, Perseus works if you can stall a turn or so.

I pulled a couple times on the DC gala because my Isis desire is still too strong. Great pulls (kind of...all golds at least) but still no Isis.

Anubis (second)
Anubis (Third...)
Bastet (Dupe, any use?)
Apocalpyse (Dupe, any use?)
Evo'ed Sticker Girl troll gold
Creuse (New)

For giggles I'm going to have one of each Anubis. Now I don't feel bad max skilling my first, I can awaken one of these instead for A. Panda.

razterik

Even that's not what it used to be when co-op gives over 500 MP per 25 stamina. JP is all about quick farming rogue dungeons for MP now.

J0dy77

So after that last event, I'm now up to 28 +mules. I only have 36 hypermaxed cards. I remember how long and expensive it was hypermaxing my first card (Ancient Dragon Knight aka ADK). And how accomplished I felt completing my first hypermaxed team. Now we're at a point where we can hypermax entire teams on impulse. How long before GH just makes a hyper TAMA available in the shop instead of needing to mindlessly farm for hours?

I like it so much better this way. The old way was definitely more challenging, I was very careful where I put any +eggs that dropped. Tried to make sure they were on strong farmable cards (echidna, Beelzebub were my first hypermax). But now I can really test the strength of end game teams rather than theorize. Having back to back events of 10x definitely started to wear me down, having it back on the normal schedule should be fine. I love that I have multiple teams to attack challenges instead of failing with my primary team and having no alternative. My long term goal is to plan for Xiang Me, then Pandora and Sylvie after that. Sylvie is just for fun and I really think wood is underestimated, would love to see what type of content I could clear with that team.

It's all about farming that REM for MP to make those multiple MP monster system teams.

Yup. MP farming is going to be the next big thing. I'm trying to figure out a way to tackle one of the mythical plus dungeons. Seems like the best investment of stamina these days.

cw_sasuke

Those delicious Artemis wood skyfalls...at this point everything below 20m dmg is low for me lol.
quickmemo_2016-04-25-sakod.png

Also Devil Rush..sure the stage wasnt difficult with my Bastet team - but stage 2 was always an issue because Kraken could screw up my run without an extra cleric. With Astaroth is ridiculous easy no matter who shows up...and with Astys active the boss floor is a guaranteed win....

I get why everyone upgraded to Thoria, Awoken Pandora/Lucy and co. having 30-40kHP is quite nice - tough to go back to subs 25k hp teams after that.
The main reason I play is coming up with weird teams and seeing if they work. "System" teams, Green Rows, and the dream of hypermaxing a proper team all call to me.

In case anyone was wondering Perseus, Australis, Australis, Spica/Verdandi, Avalon Drake, Perseus works if you can stall a turn or so.

I pulled a couple times on the DC gala because my Isis desire is still too strong. Great pulls (kind of...all golds at least) but still no Isis.

Anubis (second)
Anubis (Third...)
Bastet (Dupe, any use?)
Apocalpyse (Dupe, any use?)
Evo'ed Sticker Girl troll gold
Creuse (New)

For giggles I'm going to have one of each Anubis. Now I don't feel bad max skilling my first, I can awaken one of these instead for A. Panda.
Do you have Astaroth ? Perseus is nice but my Astaroth team is way better since i dont have Australis.
JP getting free +297s from pulling the PAL machine, so..

Really, the farming has gotten so easy it probably shouldn't even exist anymore. But then there's no game left?
Its not like farming +eggs was "difficult before - +egging a 2-3 teams is still time intensive even if it gotten easier.

Bladelaw

Do you have Astaroth ? Perseus is nice but my Astaroth team is way better since i dont have Australis.

No Astaroth so I work with what I have. I whaled on the GF Eschamali debuted in and got all the Australis I'd ever need (If I ever max skill all three it's permanent green skyfall). Since only Perseus, Verd, and Avalon Drake are max skilled I can't take that much advantage of them though.

It's a dumb team and only really suitable for mid level descends. Binds are real bad, Thumbelina would get use if I didn't have more suitable teams for those jobs though.

hermit7

Those delicious Artemis wood skyfalls...at this point everything below 20m dmg is low for me lol.

Also Devil Rush..sure the stage wasnt difficult with my Bastet team - but stage 2 was always an issue because Kraken could screw up my run without an extra cleric. With Astaroth is ridiculous easy no matter who shows up...and with Astys active the boss floor is a guaranteed win....

I get why everyone upgraded to Thoria, Awoken Pandora/Lucy and co. having 30-40kHP is quite nice - tough to go back to subs 25k hp teams after that.

Its not like farming +eggs was "difficult before - +egging a 2-3 teams is still time intensive even if it gotten easier.

Your Asty team plussed at all? Those are some great numbers. I would be able to run it with valk, Michael, Artemis, Freyja but I have no plusses at all, and my panda/luci teams are done.

cw_sasuke

No Astaroth so I work with what I have. I whaled on the GF Eschamali debuted in and got all the Australis I'd ever need (If I ever max skill all three it's permanent green skyfall). Since only Perseus, Verd, and Avalon Drake are max skilled I can't take that much advantage of them though.

It's a dumb team and only really suitable for mid level descends. Binds are real bad, Thumbelina would get use if I didn't have more suitable teams for those jobs though.
I wouldnt call it a dumb team even if it isnt one of the popular meta teams. As long as you can generate enough orbs the team should be able to clear most floors without too much issues - not many people are leading Andromeda or Perseus teams but UUEVO Yamato has his fans.

Lets see what the next wood MP card bring to the table...might be the push Balanced green cards need.

Your Asty team plussed at all? Those are some great numbers. I would be able to run it with valk, Michael, Artemis, Freyja but I have no plusses at all, and my panda/luci teams are done.

Yeah Astaroth and Artemis are both +297 as well as Friend Astaroth - but the difference isnt that big even without +eggs you will have near 40k hp with your team.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.8..1730.99.1.0.0.0.6..2505.99.1.99.99.99.8

Also from what i have gathered you have the perfect Astaroth squad since you also have Freya...damn talk about luck xD

Thanks for the info. That actually really dulls my multi angst.

Given that would it make more sense to use Orochi or Muse to cover the B/G slot for Ra Dragon? I can Py either of them to max skill (though I'd rather not for Muse given the Bowl Dragons) but it'll be up by Mecha Hera anyway. I don't see my Awoken Archdemon Lucifer team or Yomidra teams making it through the hell of that dungeon without some significant luck/insane latent investment. Ra Dragon I think I can get away with Dark Resists + Skill Delay resists on just Ra Dragon.

The one thing to remember is that you have your partners subs. You could take Muse, they could take Orochi. One could have Indra, the other another utility. I haven't looked at Mech Hera much, but I'm eventually going to try and tackle it with my RaDra team. I'd want to get my RaDra skills up, and plan it so I have a tentative number of stones I'd need to spend. Anything less than 10 seems good for me.

Lyrian

Weekend in PAD:

The Good:

++ Finished plus-egging Gonia, started ASusano
++ Completed 24/30 Challenges, clearing some 7x6 challenges never cleared normally.

The Bad:

-- Horrific time farming trifruits, only 2 green fruits in ~20 runs; no skillups on Gonia.
-- Barely any plus egg farming outside of clearing challenges because of SvB hell; see below.

-- Clearing Belial during Indigo Descended was awe-inspiring and depressing at the same time. Using an AFreyja spike to counter being the weakness color a TPA Sylvie team, a SEVENTEEN combo with 3 TPAs was insufficient to down Belial. Fortunately, Freyja's spike lasts for two turns, and the second turn was sufficient with a 12 combo to finish the job. Indigo was jokingly easy after.

GungHo/RNG hates me:

-- I have 2 Gryps Riders that I wanted to skill up using the guaranteed soldier drops on INT during 2x days. Therefore it took farming Int all day on Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday to max skill **one** Gryps rider.

** The Scoreboard of Carnage:
1) 6 total skillups to max skill; 6/41 total
2) Total Stamina Spent - well over 2000, counting abusing Groove Coaster for stamina refills.
3) Over 50 Superman/Supergirl skill-ups dropped (enough for 1mm light xp total counting the occasional Great XP bonus on 5-feeds) [There is nothing more aggravating that seeing the correct solder drop an egg, but be a REM skillup 40% of the time. Fun fact: Both soldier floors will drop gold eggs once every 6 runs on average.]
4) Only 4 Batarangs for Armored Batman dropped, interesting.
5) 2 max skilled Luthors
6) EIGHT drops of Doomsday (at ~4% rates during 2x days @ Int difficulty)

I all but completely missed farming plus eggs because it took so long to skill up on Rider.

On the other hand, Sylvie is stupidly flexible and powerful, even without an UEvo. Need TPAs, pair with Verdandi. Rows? Persus, Astaroth, Gonia. Crazy options.

Still, as the Belial scenario played out, that's still not good enough to clear higher end content. Is there really close to nothing that can clear the upper tiers of content short of a MP dragon in NA?

Lyrian

Wait until you walk into dungeons with 50-60k hp solo and can heal that back easily (and then to be truly insulting, add ASusano for his shield). I seriously cannot even fathom playing a glass cannon team anymore, including my hyper AHorus.

yami4ct

One thing I don't like about Game8 Tier lists is how they move former higher ranked leaders down ranks without any real reason for it other than to keep the number of higher tier leaders low. Example, what changed to make Awoken Lucifer and Neptune Dragon the same tier as Blue Sonia while removing Idunn and Idunna + Ryune from A rank entirely other than the addition of Awoken Pandora and Sephiroth to S? And does Anubis ever move?

Tier lists are all subjective, so there's going to be some moves you don't personally agree with. At some point, it's all just personal opinion. As for moving leaders down, the meta changes and some leaders can't adapt as well. Yes, Lucifer is still an A+ leader for content that's Arena 2 or weaker, but as stronger leaders come and shakeup what being powerful looks like in his play style and dungeons like the Radar Dragons come that are hard for him to tackle, his rank in the overall top level meta drops. It's better to do it this way than to constantly add higher and higher tiers until you get to ridiculous SSSSSS+ levels and whatever.

A Luci's overall meta rank, just as an example, should've dropped a while ago. A. Panda has been the definitive version of his same play style since she hit and she's only gotten stronger as he's languished a bit. He's still very good, but his place in the overall ranking has been mismatched on the Game8 list for a while. I'm not as familiar with the other leads, so I can't comment on them, but I assume similar shifts in meta happened to them as well.

Bladelaw

Weekend in PAD:

Still, as the Belial scenario played out, that's still not good enough to clear higher end content. Is there really close to nothing that can clear the upper tiers of content short of a MP dragon in NA?

A. Pandora and Ryunii are both capable of clearing Arena 2 which short of annihilation level dungeons is the upperest of tiers. Neither require an MP dragon (but it helps Ryunii).

Problem is they require very specific subs.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Luci team to Pandora since I'm only really missing uuvo panda. I'll be running with
A. Pandora
Zuoh
Aketchi
D/D Haku
(Flex) usually D. Valkyrie
A. Pandora

cw_sasuke

Wait until you walk into dungeons with 50-60k hp solo and can heal that back easily (and then to be truly insulting, add ASusano for his shield). I seriously cannot even fathom playing a glass cannon team anymore, including my hyper AHorus.
Which teams have 60k HP and can back up easily ? Hyper Thoria ? Thats sounds really crazy.
I don't have Pandora unfortunately, but what makes her so much better than Lucifer?

I dont have them but just from the description Pandoras active will be more useful in 99% of all encounters + haste.

Bladelaw

I don't have Pandora unfortunately, but what makes her so much better than Lucifer?
With a standard A. Pandora team you have 4 heart makers (A. Panda, UUEvo panda, friend Panda, Akechi) 2 hastes, a shitload of HP, decent rcv (given zuoh's base 0). A 16x burst that almost makes up for the lack of God killer.

I wouldn't say "so much" better but she's more useful in content where you don't need true damage or God killer.

Top Bottom