• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

With a standard A. Pandora team you have 4 heart makers (A. Panda, UUEvo panda, friend Panda, Akechi) 2 hastes, a shitload of HP, decent rcv (given zuoh's base 0). A 16x burst that almost makes up for the lack of God killer.

I wouldn't say "so much" better but she's more useful in content where you don't need true damage or God killer.

Ah ok, so she isn't way better, just a bit more utility and burst. I hope I pull her one day, one of the cards I've wanted for awhile.

Rodin still my white whale though.

yami4ct

With a standard A. Pandora team you have 4 heart makers (A. Panda, UUEvo panda, friend Panda, Akechi) 2 hastes, a shitload of HP, decent rcv (given zuoh's base 0). A 16x burst that almost makes up for the lack of God killer.

I wouldn't say "so much" better but she's more useful in content where you don't need true damage or God killer.

A standard Panda team also has way more time extends. It doesn't seem that necessary at its face, but using the team shows just how much you miss them when they're gone. It also cannot be understated how much better Panda's active is. True Damage has its uses, but its niche and with Skill Inheritance, it's very easy to replace its role. Panda and Luci are so orb hungry and they need all the dark orbs they can get. A. Luci's paltry 3 orb creation is near useless compared to what Panda can do.

b33r

A standard Panda team also has way more time extends. It doesn't seem that necessary at its face, but using the team shows just how much you miss them when they're gone. It also cannot be understated how much better Panda's active is. True Damage has its uses, but its niche and with Skill Inheritance, it's very easy to replace its role. Panda and Luci are so orb hungry and they need all the dark orbs they can get. A. Luci's paltry 3 orb creation is near useless compared to what Panda can do.

Yeah her active is way better and I didn't think about the fingers. I don't play Luci that often but I do notice the short amount of time I have and that can be rough making rows with a bad board.

Lyrian

NA folks, heads up!

Unannounced random 10x normal dungeons are in effect for 8 hour windows.

Tower of the Sky is on 10x **right now** until 1 AM PST (3.5 hours from now). For 15 stamina, Beautiful Being is giving a near silly +egg/stamina ratio, even without a drop bonus.

Jagernaut

NA folks, heads up!

Unannounced random 10x normal dungeons are in effect for 8 hour windows.

Tower of the Sky is on 10x **right now** until 1 AM PST (3.5 hours from now). For 15 stamina, Beautiful Being is giving a near silly +egg/stamina ratio, even without a drop bonus.

I just got 4 plus eggs in 1 run, really good for 15 stamina. Thanks for the heads up.

Lyrian

Which teams have 60k HP and can back up easily ? Hyper Thoria ? Thats sounds really crazy.

There is definitely better possibilities out there, if I had the correct cards (for example, I don't have any Liu Beis for green TPAs).

At the moment (teams are only partially hypermax'd)

Rows: Sylvie/Avalon Drake/Perseus/Gonia/flex(ASusano for shield)/Gonia - @53.1k HP

TPA: Sylvie/Verdandi/AFreyja/Perseus(for orb change + SBRs)/ASusano/Verdandi - @58.8k HP.

Sylvie + friend Verdandi = 3x HP for Green/Red cards.

With full hyper'ing and adding a Liu Bei, the TPA team would blow well past 60k and maybe reach 65k HP.

Lyrian

I just got 4 plus eggs in 1 run, really good for 15 stamina. Thanks for the heads up.

It's streaky, but appears to be sound in the long run.

Quick 10 run sample yielded 22 +eggs, 2.2 per run.

Distribution:

+ N
-----------
4 - 1
3 - 3
2 - 4
1 - 1
0 - 1

The "feels like" +egg rate seems to 50%ish at 10x rates. If so, at 8 floors that can realistically drop an egg, and a base 60% standard drop rate, the expected plus egg rate would be (8 * 0.6 * 0.5) = 2.4 per run.

Even with a small sample size, the distribution seems to fit a standard bell curve rather well. 2 plus eggs per run seems to a plausible result. (Reddit also appears to be agreeing with a general 2 +egg per run average)

7.5 stamina/+ egg is not too shabby for an off-event day.

b33r

Yeah tried that 10x normal for the last of my stamina. Pretty good, and I have a lot of unleveled cards I can feed the non plus fodder to before I work on them.

Don't have a button team, but Shiva Dragon is close enough in that dungeon. I hope this is something that becomes the norm.

Bladelaw

My box is getting stuffed again. Too many sideprojects I think. I need to focus on one and move on. My main teams are pretty much locked in so I'm only really looking to evo a few key "Just in case" subs. Awoken Anubis fits into Panda teams when you need to deal with board trash (granted so do Zuoh and D/D Haku but I like options),

Side projects include:
Jammer team, I have all the subs (Acubens, Algedi, Gainaut, Fenrir x 2) and Fenrirs are max skilled.
Woodrow, I need skill ups for it to actually be useful and I hate burning jewels on skill ups (Australis.
A. Ra push button team. The REM keeps giving me Ra instead of Isis so I might as well do something with them all.
RyunI&I/Thoria: need lots of skill ups and +eggs for these teams to come online

What I need to do is go through my box and get rid of anything without an immediate use that's farmable (Saving latents, tamas, Jewels, pys). Then I need to go through my REM rolls and see what's actually worth keeping in bulk (three Lumiels?)

Kreed

Tier lists are all subjective, so there's going to be some moves you don't personally agree with. At some point, it's all just personal opinion. As for moving leaders down, the meta changes and some leaders can't adapt as well. Yes, Lucifer is still an A+ leader for content that's Arena 2 or weaker, but as stronger leaders come and shakeup what being powerful looks like in his play style and dungeons like the Radar Dragons come that are hard for him to tackle, his rank in the overall top level meta drops. It's better to do it this way than to constantly add higher and higher tiers until you get to ridiculous SSSSSS+ levels and whatever.

A Luci's overall meta rank, just as an example, should've dropped a while ago. A. Panda has been the definitive version of his same play style since she hit and she's only gotten stronger as he's languished a bit. He's still very good, but his place in the overall ranking has been mismatched on the Game8 list for a while. I'm not as familiar with the other leads, so I can't comment on them, but I assume similar shifts in meta happened to them as well.

Pandora definitely needed to be moved up. Even using Awoken Lucifer as a lead and a Pandora friend she's clearly stronger. The reason I mentioned Awoken Lucifer and Neptune Dragon vs Blue Sonia as an example is because game8 had them higher than Blue Sonia previously and it made sense. While Blue Sonia is a great lead (I use her along with Idunn and Idunna, Neptune Dragon, and Awoken Lucifer), she isn't as strong as those two so it made sense for her to be lower at the time. Unless some major changes happened with subs on Japan's side of things or Blue Sonia got a buff, Blue Sonia shouldn't now be in the same tier as Neptune Dragon and Awoken Lucifer.

Which teams have 60k HP and can back up easily ? Hyper Thoria ? Thats sounds really crazy.
Yep. My Thoria team consists of:

Thor
Wukong
Mini Valk
Saria
Saria
Saria

All +297, all max skill except for one Saria. I'm close to 60k hp and have little problem healing back up, even from just 3 hearts and some combos. Using a Saria or Wukong is a full heal 99% of the time. I still haven't beat Scarlet or Nordis but it was mistakes on my part that I failed the times I tried.

Taz

First ever hyper maxed lead, none API account, 78 days and rank 261.

PDQ25GN.jpg

Bladelaw

So an awoken Ra system is hilarious. Totally worth the investment. I plan on getting a couple skill delay resists so it'll work vs predras too.

Quantum

So an awoken Ra system is hilarious. Totally worth the investment. I plan on getting a couple skill delay resists so it'll work vs predras too.

for what dungeons?

for tama's I use

Rodin/Rodin/A.Ra/A.Ra/A.Ra/A.Ra

which is button press and kinda silly.

How shitty are the regular +egg rates when 20x doesn't even guarantee +egg for every drop? Got 9 eggs from a run of Dark Mech Dragon, but only 5 of them had pluses.

b33r

How shitty are the regular +egg rates when 20x doesn't even guarantee +egg for every drop? Got 9 eggs from a run of Dark Mech Dragon, but only 5 of them had pluses.

I had 8 eggs and only one was a +egg earlier today and I was wondering the exact same thing. How bad is it at normal rate lol.

Edit: And bamboo was announced, 156.25x blue lead. Basically Sarasvati on crack. I feel bad I spent my son's mp on Yomi Dragon now that this is announced, he has great subs for this.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Edit: And bamboo was announced, 156.25x blue lead. Basically Sarasvati on crack. I feel bad I spent my son's mp on Yomi Dragon now that this is announced, he has great subs for this.
Will the next unit be light? man if they skip green again... as if Odin Dragon for the first MP card set wasn't enough of a joke. Between the weird green MP units and Godfests never being at the same time as Woodgala this would really possible me off.
First ever hyper maxed lead, none API account, 78 days and rank 261.
Very nice, congrats.
Yep. My Thoria team consists of:

Thor
Wukong
Mini Valk
Saria
Saria
Saria

All +297, all max skill except for one Saria. I'm close to 60k hp and have little problem healing back up, even from just 3 hearts and some combos. Using a Saria or Wukong is a full heal 99% of the time. I still haven't beat Scarlet or Nordis but it was mistakes on my part that I failed the times I tried.
Impressive - really shows the difference +eggs can make on these teams. I need to keep working on my Thora team.. even without +eggs it's quite capable.

hermit7

I had 8 eggs and only one was a +egg earlier today and I was wondering the exact same thing. How bad is it at normal rate lol.

Seems decent. Only concern is lack of a hp or rcv multiplier. Kind of limits his ability to be a lead with such large preemptive hits now a days

yami4ct

The glassiest glass canon that ever ran. Decent sub pool, but not the easiest to cover your bases. Lack of HP or RCV boost is super damn painful. For that reason, I kinda doubt he'll hit Xie Mie/RaDra tiers.

Dark Carnival exclusive announced. Nobunaga. I'm shocked they didn't save him for a Sengoku 2.0 series. Dark finally has a great cleric. He's theoretically very useful on A. Panda squads, but I kind don't know who you drop to fit him in. I guess with 6 Dark Orbs, you could theoretically drop Uuevo Panda. Big hit on Rcv for that, though. Akechi and Zuoh are obvious locks and 7 turn CD is a bit too severe for the flex slot. I prefer to keep a 5 CD orb change for that.

Eh, he's a carnival exclusive, though. I have to imagine that means he's fuck off rare, so I don't really have to worry about it. Almost certainly won't be pulling him.

Now that we've got a Nobunaga, I sure hope Akechi gets either Devil or (maybe preferably now) Dragon Slayer with his inevitable UEvo. It's too perfect not to do.

b33r

New card is definitely missing rcv and hp multiplier, but blue doesn't need hp. naturally high hp will be fine, rcv won't be pretty. Like others said, glass cannon, but can easily kill anything it can tank or hit first.

Anxious to see if it is viable, as I'm nearing the points for a mp card on my jp account. Was planning on green puppeteer, but now I'm using Rukia mainly and I have 2 Hermes.

yami4ct

New card is definitely missing rcv and hp multiplier, but blue doesn't need hp. naturally high hp will be fine, rcv won't be pretty. Like others said, glass cannon, but can easily kill anything it can tank or hit first.

Anxious to see if it is viable, as I'm nearing the points for a mp card on my jp account. Was planning on green puppeteer, but now I'm using Rukia mainly and I have 2 Hermes.

He's certainly High A/maybe S tier. We'll see. He's certainly better than that whale bait POS black got. I think he'll end up sitting around mid-high S tier. Lack of RCV is going to stop it from hitting XM/RaDra stupidity.

razterik

Even a casual observation of Bamboo tells me he will be entirely dependent on how good his shield sub is, aka BaggiNeko.

NA blues, you dead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Even a casual observation of Bamboo tells me he will be entirely dependent on how good his shield sub is, aka BaggiNeko.

NA blues, you dead.

Phoenix Rider wouldnt be so bad as a shield sub on a TPA based team.

yami4ct

NA blues, you dead.

Depending on how often you need a shield, skill inheritance can help a bit with that. It's not going to be baggicat good, but it might not be as dire as it appears on the surface.

Bladelaw

So Yomidra makes Zhou Yu trivial. I took the following team and just roflstomped it:

Yomi Dragon
Okuninushi
D/G Persephone
Diza
Eschamali
Yomi Dragon

F1 Burst if you have orbs or wait until the Shadrons give you some
F2 Kill the High Light ninja before he triggers then wait out the blue ninja's dark absorb then kill
F3 Burst plus a couple combos OHKO's Phoenix
F4 Burst hard, it's tough to whittle Karin down with YomiDra, OHKO is far more reliable. I usually pop Persephone here
F5 Eschamali wipes out the Jammers and gives you enough ammo to OHKO. I pop Diza here just in case.
F6 Okuni then 5 match, combo more to trigger resolve if you want but two 5 match turns kill him.

If I didn't need Dark Divine Masks I'd be tempted to farm Baal skill ups and skill up a Zhou Yu for kicks.

smbu2000

Well I pulled Sesshomaru on my iPad. Now I have both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru on it.

Pretty happy with the pull although I probably won't use him as a leader as I don't have too many useful balance cards for him. Liking the 4x skill ups at the moment too. Went 3/5 my first try for him. I just need more of them to drop instead of the collab. monsters/other skillups. Will use the plus eggs I got from the PEM to almost 297 him.

On my main account I've been using my Sephiroth team more now. (I've also moved him to my team 1 slot and Kite over to slot 2.) My current team is Sephiroth/Halloween Kali/A.Isis/A.Anubis/Sinbad. I'm still looking to replace Anubis though. He creates dark orbs for me, but takes out one color on the board so my max multiplier is 4x (36x) instead of 9x (81x). I just need somebody to cover fire. Maybe I'll use A.Ra or Ushio Tora. Ushio Tora would make light orbs from hearts/poison drops and provide 3 turns of bind clear. I do already have A.Isis on the team though and my A.Ra is already hyper unlike Ushio Tora (though he is max skilled.)

Also S ranked the Sunday collab. dungeon on both of mine. Used Sephiroth on my main account and YD on my iPad.

Looking forward to the power boost for Ragnarok Dragon. Dragon Killer awakening to go with his God Killer already. 9x attack if there is a God/Dragon, very nice! Definitely helps on my RaDra team since he isn't a god type.

edit: I got 300k MP points on my iPad again. First time I bought YD, now I'm wondering who I should buy on my sub account. I was thinking XM originally, but I don't have the subs for her. Xin Hua would be nice to have on a team with Sesshomaru, but that seems more like a waste. Ragnarok Dragon would be nice and I could use him on my A.Ra team since I don't have any Kalis. That new one looks pretty strong, but I already have Rukia as my blue lead. Hmmm....what to do, what to do...

Bladelaw

Well I pulled Sesshomaru on my iPad. Now I have both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru on it.

Pretty happy with the pull although I probably won't use him as a leader as I don't have too many useful balance cards for him. Liking the 4x skill ups at the moment too. Went 3/5 my first try for him. I just need more of them to drop instead of the collab. monsters/other skillups. Will use the plus eggs I got from the PEM to almost 297 him.

On my main account I've been using my Sephiroth team more now. (I've also moved him to my team 1 slot and Kite over to slot 2.) My current team is Sephiroth/Halloween Kali/A.Isis/A.Anubis/Sinbad. I'm still looking to replace Anubis though. He creates dark orbs for me, but takes out one color on the board so my max multiplier is 4x (36x) instead of 9x (81x). I just need somebody to cover fire. Maybe I'll use A.Ra or Ushio Tora. Ushio Tora would make light orbs from hearts/poison drops and provide 3 turns of bind clear. I do already have A.Isis on the team though and my A.Ra is already hyper unlike Ushio Tora (though he is max skilled.)

Also S ranked the Sunday collab. dungeon on both of mine. Used Sephiroth on my main account and YD on my iPad.

Looking forward to the power boost for Ragnarok Dragon. Dragon Killer awakening to go with his God Killer already. 9x attack if there is a God/Dragon, very nice! Definitely helps on my RaDra team since he isn't a god type.

edit: I got 300k MP points on my iPad again. First time I bought YD, now I'm wondering who I should buy on my sub account. I was thinking XM originally, but I don't have the subs for her. Xin Hua would be nice to have on a team with Sesshomaru, but that seems more like a waste. Ragnarok Dragon would be nice and I could use him on my A.Ra team since I don't have any Kalis. That new one looks pretty strong, but I already have Rukia as my blue lead. Hmmm....what to do, what to do...

If I was in your shoes I'd hold off until Chrysanthemum is unveiled depending on your box. Xin Hua screams "TRAP!" to me even if she works well with Sesshomaru I'd want to see videos of it in action. XM is a safe bet even if you just have Uriel + Gadius. You can fill almost anything in the last two slots. If I ever roll Uriel I'll spring for XM since I have 2 max skilled Gadius, and Red Riding Hood. RagDrag would be useful on A. Ra but would you get more utility out of it or XM? I could see me using XM for pretty much everything but Fire absorb heavy content.

razterik

...yeah, pretty much in another day or so when JP updates again. Everything outside normal dungeons can be done in co-op and you're actively punishing yourself by running solo at double stamina cost and almost half of your potential HP and awakenings. Lots of content is easier and faster with co-op than ever before and there's quite a bit that's becoming nearly impossible to solo. Tier lists are already moving towards a strong consideration of multiplayer value, not only individual strength. Some weaknesses in solo play on leaders can disappear when you have access to twice as many skill boosts or skill bind resists.

I'd be a little sad or upset, but I don't really care anymore and this has clearly been the end result of the co-op focus GungHo adopted over the last year.

Bladelaw

It's a bummer. I mean it kind of worked to push me into getting a couple friends to try the game but none stuck with it. As a result I'm kind of lost beyond you all for coop activities. I'm already trying to plan out when I can carve time out for coop challenge 10.

Ducarmel

Tried out Multi today using padx gameroom list, its cool. But as usual my problem with multiplayer games on mobile is the need to use 3rd party app or website to set up a game.

The biggest reasons I quit Monster Strike was because it was so heavy multiplayer focused and a hassle to set up a game. Completely loses the meaning of what a mobile game should be. edit: I remember MS had local co-op but cant remember why I did not like it.

I guess i have to cross my figures and hope for in game lobby with friends and general population.

Well if GH is really taking the game into a predominantly multiplayer direction, I may just finally quit playing for good. Part of the game's staying power for me is being able to play on my time whenever I wanted. Being on a mobile device that I carry around nearly 24/7 also facilitated that. But if I need to coordinate with other people to most efficiently play the game, then my desire to play drastically plummets. Even with the option to continue playing solo, knowing it's vastly less efficient than multiplayer is simply unacceptable to someone who's been conditioned to maximizing efficiency in the game for over 3 years.

J0dy77

Well if GH is really taking the game into a predominantly multiplayer direction, I may just finally quit playing for good. Part of the game's staying power for me is being able to play on my time whenever I wanted. Being on a mobile device that I carry around nearly 24/7 also facilitated that. But if I need to coordinate with other people to most efficiently play the game, then my desire to play drastically plummets. Even with the option to continue playing solo, knowing it's vastly less efficient than multiplayer is simply unacceptable to someone who's been conditioned to maximizing efficiency in the game for over 3 years.

I won't quit but I share the same opinion. Sucks seeing Mecha Hera/Zeus type content that I can only attack as MP.

smbu2000

With the recent predominance of Multi, it makes having a sub account a very nice thing especially if you have similar teams. That's why I've been using YD a lot as I have good subs for those teams on both of my accounts so it makes doing multi much easier. My gf also has a hyper YD team, so I can help her out when she wants to clear the higher level challenge dungeons. I probably would've let my sub account languish if not for the multi coming into play.

Oh and I tried Sphinx descend for the first time in awhile the other day, (trying to get Uriel skill ups) and I was surprised at how easy Sopdet was for my Sephiroth team. His standard 9x attack for attackers/devils (not making 4 or 5 colors for 36x or 81x) was very useful for taking her out. One Dark TPA combo and nothing else still kept me under 200k during the light part and I could add a few more combos to it in the dark part to stay under. Much easier than using YD.
If I was in your shoes I'd hold off until Chrysanthemum is unveiled depending on your box. Xin Hua screams "TRAP!" to me even if she works well with Sesshomaru I'd want to see videos of it in action. XM is a safe bet even if you just have Uriel + Gadius. You can fill almost anything in the last two slots. If I ever roll Uriel I'll spring for XM since I have 2 max skilled Gadius, and Red Riding Hood. RagDrag would be useful on A. Ra but would you get more utility out of it or XM? I could see me using XM for pretty much everything but Fire absorb heavy content.

XM sounds nice in theory (and would be good for multi with my main iphone account), but I don't have the subs on my iPad. I have 2 x Gadius and 1 x Uriel on my main which is why I went for XM, but my iPad is a different story...My only real sub would be New Years Mitsuki. I have a lot of water healer subs, but not fire.

RagDrag does fill a nice slot at being a full board changer and will certainly be useful in the future. My current "board changer" on my iPad is Inuyasha/BValk as that gives me an LKali type board, heh. Inuyasha creates everything except water and BValk turns the hearts into water orbs for all 5 colors.

I'll probably just end up holding off and seeing what else is announced.

PAD's recent moves strike me as distinctly Japanocentric. If you've been following Monster Strike's recent illogical decisions for NA I feel like they're both borne out of the same line of thought.

I'm pretty sure I'll get used to the new normal eventually but man there really needs to be better matchmaking tools for the multiplayer stuff especially in NA. Doesn't help that it chews through so much data unlike the base game.

razterik

Uh, next set of Challenge Dungeons in NA might be co-op only? It was just under co-op tab in JP, but that was back when you could run stuff solo...

But hey, 10x MP for boss drops finally. Good for anyone that was still saving up? Or the co-op grind farmers running 25 stamina rogue dungeons for PreDras and drops to sell.

Oh, I guess the JP update is right now. Had tomorrow in my head for some reason. They buffed the MP sale price on lots of cards. Biweekly now 10, some easier descends are 15, other harder ones up to 20 or 25. MP getting easier probably means a lot of MP drain options coming soon.

linsivvi

Well if the game is moving most of its contents to multiplayer only or making them incredibly difficult to beat solo it will be time for me to move on.

coy

I may have to steal my gf's account. She's too busy with Clash Royale as is to keep up with PAD like before.

b33r

I may have to steal my gf's account. She's too busy with Clash Royale as is to keep up with PAD like before.

Yeah I play my son's like an alt account so I can do multiplayer dungeons like that. Though I'd prefer to just do them solo.

Lyrian

NA People - you have until the downtime in 75 mins (1 AM PST) to farm 10x Starlight Sanctuary.

Better +egg drop rates than Beautiful Being earlier in the week. (Averaging 4ish per run at 17 sta)

b33r

NA People - you have until the downtime in 75 mins (1 AM PST) to farm 10x Starlight Sanctuary.

Better +egg drop rates than Beautiful Being earlier in the week. (Averaging 4ish per run at 17 sta)

Maybe I'm unlucky, but I have been averaging 2-3 per run with some zero ones. It still seems to work out well stamina wise and I have nothing better to do right now. But it is slow.

Top Bottom