• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

2 rolls with free stones.

Gives me 450k mp after selling them off.

Double orchid may be an option I guess especially with 2 Uriel and a gadius. Seems like a great team set up.

Still haven't actually run much this event however. Forced multi is really annoying when the matchmaking is so laborious if they want to force it at least make it more intuitive.

b33r

I noticed I had over 200k mp on my JP account, I think I have spent maybe $10 on it. Sold a bunch of cards I wasn't using, mostly collab stuff and bought the bamboo guy. I have good subs for him since I run Rukia on that account already.

Only really use that account for fun when my stamina is gone on my regular account. Impulse buy and will probably take me a week or two to hyper him as I don't have anything ready.

He seems fun though.

yami4ct

*Clip* in the interest of space?

MP is rapidly becoming a grindable currency. Whales can certainly do it much, much, much faster, but an MP card isn't out of bounds for even a non whale player. It's taking us a bit to get there, and we're still in a transition period, but ultimately a system where you grind out your end game leaders from MP as opposed to just trusting the REM gods is more fair in the end.

2 rolls with free stones.

Gives me 450k mp after selling them off.

Double orchid may be an option I guess especially with 2 Uriel and a gadius. Seems like a great team set up.

Still haven't actually run much this event however. Forced multi is really annoying when the matchmaking is so laborious if they want to force it at least make it more intuitive.

If you have a Gadius and 2x Uriel, there is basically no reason not to buy Xiang Mei. She's ridiculously strong and she's not going away anytime soon.

Lyrian

I have an account (unplayed) and managed to collect 550 stones over the past 2 years .. is it enough to get me a MP monster and some good subs?

A MP monster is give or take (based on your luck and willingless to sacrifice godfest exclusive cards) around 300 stones. So, at 550, you should easily be able to purchase one of the MP dragons.

That said, Player's Choice godfest should occur in the back half of May. That's probably a better time to roll for cards, as last time many of the subs chosen were the ideal subs for the MP dragons. Also, multiples GFEs tend to be included, so there is the potential for a higher net MP payout during then.

Definitely wait until you have rolled all that you want to and see what your strongest color is before purchasing an MP dragon. (Except Odin Dragon, as that MP dragon is by far the weakest of all of them.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I know she isnt a popular lead here but i like my Astaroth squad so far and she seems to be really awesome in multiplayer with like +70k hp teams.

My question - what kind of latent awakenings are normally used on her team ? Also can she clear Arena 1 and/or 2 ? She is rated quite high on some JPN Tierlists so i would assume she can tackle the toughest content with the right setup.
Got Zuoh, woo woo!

Still looking for a Kali...
Me: I'll do ONE pull, but I won't like it
*pulls Bastet*

.... hunh. Well played, PAD, well played. Time to make a team!
2 pulls

Spica
Avalon drake

Both new so that's good.
Congrats guys - very nice pulls all across the board !!!

razterik

Randomly pulled JP Godfest because I'm not using the stones anyway. Lots of machines and wee jas, then dupe Saria, dupe Rodin and new Nobunaga. Almost got excited for that last one.

Rixa

As much as I hate PAD, coop is nice IF:

1) You have friend who to do it
1.1) Your friend has good party to go with you
1.2) You and your friend have free time
2) You both have stamina
3) There is some way to communicate outside of PAD if not couch coop
3.1) Wtf is GungHo thinking to introduce mechanic that again needs software outside of game to make this possible.

Ch.5
Screenshot_2016-05-01-12-40-08.png
Friends AL party enjoying my A.I&I damage boost.

cw_sasuke

Rixa, you use Line ? We can get some coop action going down the line.

Also since when do you have Alresha ? Nice.

PS: Did a Yolo Pull ---> Meimei, actually a nice pull if i didnt have her 4 times already -.-
Maybe she will be useful via Skill-Inheritance.

J0dy77

I think I blew all of my luck on this Godfest and I'm ok with it.

Day 1

Krishna - new and one of the last major red cards I didn't have.
Zuoh - amazing! Forcing me to go with awoken Pandora team and replaces persephone.

Day 2

Demon lucifer - awesome. Can't wait to try him. Is he better than Pandora?

Luck ended there but pulled twice more and got silver and Alnair. I'm down to 8 stones and I know pcgfest is coming but that's a trap anyway. Extremely happy.

Only thing that could have made this event better was pulling Baal for awoken dqxq. I might throw my last pull hoping for him later but my desire sensor is too high, gungho is on to me.

Edit: holy crap at lucifer's evo mats, I literally just sold ultimate Satan after him rotting in my box for two years. Damn you gungho for finally giving us 10x mp. Lol

Rixa

Rixa, you use Line ? We can get some coop action going down the line.

Also since when do you have Alresha ? Nice.

PS: Did a Yolo Pull ---> Meimei, actually a nice pull if i didnt have her 4 times already -.-
Maybe she will be useful via Skill-Inheritance.

I use line & discord (mostly discord cause GBF where Iam at same nick than here). Thats my friend party :p Mine is not fully plused except AL.
My watery team is usually:
AL / Nut / AO / A.I&I / Gabe

Tho. I do have max leveled (1 skl) Andromeda, Sumire (4 skl). My Alrescha is unevoed, I guess I should level & Uevo it. Also got another I&I.

I have 33 stones for PCGF, didnt yolo this gf at all.

Lyrian

Apparently, I have given my REM luck to everyone else here.

2 pulls on Day 1 - Cerberus Rider x2 (niche pull for first, but dupe is meh?)

2 pulls on Day 2 - Earth Dragon Swordsman and Avalon Drake (dupe). Avalon is not a bad card by any means, but my typical team with it already has 4 full board changers. I don't need yet another one.

Still don't own any Indian or Demon gods after 600+ days :/

Good luck to everyone else on their pulls!

cw_sasuke

I use line & discord (mostly discord cause GBF where Iam at same nick than here). Thats my friend party :p Mine is not fully plused except AL.
My watery team is usually:
AL / Nut / AO / A.I&I / Gabe

Tho. I do have max leveled (1 skl) Andromeda, Sumire (4 skl). My Alrescha is unevoed, I guess I should level & Uevo it. Also got another I&I.

I have 33 stones for PCGF, didnt yolo this gf at all.

Heh okay that makes more sense, i was just gonna say you should use Alresha more often as a leader lol.
I gave up a while ago on Awoken Lakshmi but you seem pleased with her.

Im on Line - same handle as my GAF name. You can add me/write me if you need some coop support.

Using LINE during coop doesn't interrupt PAD and disconnect you from your partner?

Actually i dont know - i would use it to setup matches and not chat too much between the playing unless i tackle really difficult content. I can always have it run on PC or the iPad while playing on my Phone - thats the setup is used for Monster Striker a while.

Rixa

Whoops. Updated my Xperia Z2 to new Android version 6.0.1 PAD stopped working. Redownloading PAD didnt help.

I guess I wont log to pad for sometime, unless Gungho can solve this (again) fast.

Not the first time when this happens.

yami4ct

I see Yamato Takeru is considered a very good farm lead in Japan. What exactly is he built to farm? I'm pretty damn stacked in terms of fire cards (Cao Cao, 2x Hino, 2x Leilan, Urd, 2x Ares, 2x Yamato, 2x Rodin and more). The only sub he might want that I don't have are Set and Yukimura. If he's a fantastic quick farmer for things I need, I should probably build up his squad. My current farm squad is Shiva, and I know I can do better.

b33r

I see Yamato Takeru is considered a very good farm lead in Japan. What exactly is he built to farm? I'm pretty damn stacked in terms of fire cards (Cao Cao, 2x Hino, 2x Leilan, Urd, 2x Ares, 2x Yamato, 2x Rodin and more). The only sub he might want that I don't have are Set and Yukimura. If he's a fantastic quick farmer for things I need, I should probably build up his squad. My current farm squad is Shiva, and I know I can do better.

Pretty much just a slightly harder to activate Shiva Dragon. His uvo does 25x fully activated, it's just very orb hungry. Any subs that create fire orbs and have rows will work. I only have NY Yamato, so I don't get the extra multiplier, but have seen plenty streamers use uvo Yamato for farming. Just probably have to hit up endless to see how much damage your team does with the different amount of connected orbs.

I got some You Yu friends from Reddit and have been trying him out. He does silly damage. Even a firework and one prong did over a million each sub, with scheat hitting over two million. Full activation is crazy, one firework with three prongs and Scheat hit fifteen million by herself.

Edit: and I just decided to pull two more times this god fest. Kanna and Sylvie. Cannot be mad at two 6* exclusives. Sold the Kanna since I already have one, but the Sylvie is getting me to where I can build a wood row team now.

damisa

Rolled 7 times:
cyberbeast Phact
Fenrir
Zuoh
U&Y#3
Belial#2
Ame no Uzume
Okuninushi

Fenrir and Zuoh are godfest exclusives apparently. Are they any good?

Lyrian

I just decided to pull two more times this god fest. Kanna and Sylvie. Cannot be mad at two 6* exclusives. Sold the Kanna since I already have one, but the Sylvie is getting me to where I can build a wood row team now.

Incredible luck, nice!

Sylvie has been pulling some serious weight for me lately, as she can easily build both green row and TPA teams. There are so many compatible leaders that work her that you can build any combination of team from full damage (ex: 5x on Perseus) all the way to super tanky (I suppose another Sylvie for max HP, but does one **really** need 4x health on green cards?.

Finally max attack latented her today, with some silly stats for a pre-UEvo card (4000/2661/530). Yeah, she's never getting a 3rd TPA with that kind of attack rating.

Well, never say never I suppose. She is an attacker, and only currently has ~240 more attack than Green Sonia's balanced UEvo, and 100 less weighted stats. So..... 400 HP and 300 ATK would be 100 weighted stats, so perhaps instead she will reach 3000 ATK with her ultimate evolution. Humm....

Illucio

Banned
Rolled 7 times:
cyberbeast Phact
Fenrir
Zuoh
U&Y#3
Belial#2
Ame no Uzume
Okuninushi

Fenrir and Zuoh are godfest exclusives apparently. Are they any good?

Fenrir is very niche with his jammer leader skill (he has a 400x multiplier if used to it's max potential.) And there are jammer monsters releasing in the descends that make use of his leader skill/active. He's not popular and everyone is just calling him niche. He has the raw power if invested in correctly, but I feel like he's a monster for another year. We're just missing a monster that makes jammer skyfall. It probably won't be too long until we get one.

Zuoh is a great sub, he is THE sub for Awoken Pandora since he's essentially a better Dark/Dark Ult Haku (Dark/Dark Haku has different awakenings and typing then her awoken form.)

Again the only meh one is Fenrir but he's worth keeping around because you never know.

b33r

Incredible luck, nice!

Sylvie has been pulling some serious weight for me lately, as she can easily build both green row and TPA teams. There are so many compatible leaders that work her that you can build any combination of team from full damage (ex: 5x on Perseus) all the way to super tanky (I suppose another Sylvie for max HP, but does one **really** need 4x health on green cards?.

Finally max attack latented her today, with some silly stats for a pre-UEvo card (4000/2661/530). Yeah, she's never getting a 3rd TPA with that kind of attack rating.

Well, never say never I suppose. She is an attacker, and only currently has ~240 more attack than Green Sonia's balanced UEvo, and 100 less weighted stats. So..... 400 HP and 300 ATK would be 100 weighted stats, so perhaps instead she will reach 3000 ATK with her ultimate evolution. Humm....

Sylvie was my first pull on my JP account and took me through most of the game. Really love that card. With her high attack she hits almost as hard as Vishnu. She will make a good sub on the Bastet team I'm building.

Edit: http://m.imgur.com/KyRvyeT

That is a 6 combo, 3,3,5,4 water, paired with Sarasvati. Not all my cards are fully plussed or leveled yet. With another You Yu the damage goes through the roof. Sarasvati players friend up with this guy when he comes out.

smbu2000

Well they certainly made things a bit easier now with multi. I was able to go through Arena 1 without too much difficulty. Having 46k HP with YD was very nice. (Had black Zeus on my iPhone party, not shown, for the initial 35% damage on Kali.)

Plus it only cost me 50 stamina on each of my accounts and I got the pii on both of them. Would've been more time consuming if Parvati had shown up, but otherwise it wasn't too bad. Having the HP to tank a lot of hits and save using skills, plus having more skills to use was very nice.

Also finished off both my Sinbad and Nobunaga. Thinking about doing A.Panda next...Those 50 plus eggs rewards (1 of each) from the challenge dungeons are nice and should put me halfway to a 297 not even including the plus eggs I've saved up already.

Had good luck on my iPhone and pulled another Scheat. That gives me two of them. I really should try and make a water based party maybe with my Ryune as a leader. None have plus eggs though.

Nothing useful on my iPad though. Ended up just plus egging my Skuld on there and finished her off, as she's a sub for Rukia.

edit: PAD Radar is working again! Drops show up again when you do search now after the latest update. I was very close to being able to exchange mine for plus eggs (what I'm aiming for) so I'm glad it's back again. In addition to the free rainbow drops that we got, the drops that appear when you search will also show up at 1.5x the normal rates until next Monday.

Bladelaw

Finally managed to evolve Sonia Gran. That was a pain in the ass from a materials perspective. On the up side it freed up about 30 slots. Now to do the same for Gran Reverse. I only wish I had Gronia and Blonia. Make a full team of Sonia just for giggles.

The next pain in the ass evo I have lined up is Gainaut. Mostly because getting any variant of Volcano Dragon to drop has been a nightmare.

I'm not feeling +egg farming at the moment. The multiplayer push has really put a damper on my desire to "progress" by hyper maxing a team so I've switched back to building silly gimmick teams or getting mats for trophy monsters.

b33r

After making awoken Bastet, I can see why recently people are hating on her. Power creep is real. Though I am happy to have a strong green team now. I'm happy to have her team for certain dungeons, but unfortunately I can't see her being a good sub in the long run.

cw_sasuke

Yolo pulled again because of Woodgala (hoping for Ceres or Spica) and pulled Pollux. Cool unit that i didnt own, love the Pantheon - pressuring me now even more to work on ADQXQ.

After making awoken Bastet, I can see why recently people are hating on her. Power creep is real. Though I am happy to have a strong green team now. I'm happy to have her team for certain dungeons, but unfortunately I can't see her being a good sub in the long run.

People are hating Bastet ? I mean considering how old she is and that Bastet havent been giving two shits about green units for a while she is still reasonably strong with the right subs and +egged.

Rixa

I guess noone of you who follow this thread have heard about PAD update fix?

Iam just wondering how long I will be offline from NaPAD thanks to _their_ fuckery.
Earlier surfed thru reddit and didnt see any mention about it (fix) nor in GungHo NaPad official Facebook doesnt have any mention (about update problems). Obviously we wont get any compensation of this.

So if you see me being offline many days, dont kick me away from your flist. I would login but PAD doesnt want to work anymore on my 6.0.1 android.

cw_sasuke

I guess noone of you who follow this thread have heard about PAD update fix?

Iam just wondering how long I will be offline from NaPAD thanks to _their_ fuckery.
Earlier surfed thru reddit and didnt see any mention about it (fix) nor in GungHo NaPad official Facebook doesnt have any mention (about update problems). Obviously we wont get any compensation of this.

So if you see me being offline many days, dont kick me away from your flist. I would login but PAD doesnt want to work anymore on my 6.0.1 android.

Just saw your post - ouch that sucks. Is the issue apparent on every 6.01 device or just on the Xperia phones ? Weird that i havent heard much about about it.

Rixa

Just saw your post - ouch that sucks. Is the issue apparent on every 6.01 device or just on the Xperia phones ? Weird that i havent heard much about about it.

Been on 6.01 with my Nexus 5 for a while so I don't think it's necessarily 6.01 being the issue.

Not all, see this Reddit topic: Do not update your oneplus or Cyanogen phone!

My phone is not jailbroken (there really isnt any reason to jailbreak it, EU has 2 years warranty in phones).

Rixa

Gungho's not going to fix it since Cyanogen is not an official Android OS and they won't support it.

Looks like the only option for you is to manually install the fix or hope a future version will work with CM13 again.

I didnt know its not official OS when my phone said new update ready to install. Well I guess its time to take break from NaPad, only time will show long break it will be. Since they wont fix it, I wont dl pad to some other Androi device since my phone works perfectly.

b33r

Yolo pulled again because of Woodgala (hoping for Ceres or Spica) and pulled Pollux. Cool unit that i didnt own, love the Pantheon - pressuring me now even more to work on ADQXQ.

People are hating Bastet ? I mean considering how old she is and that Bastet havent been giving two shits about green units for a while she is still reasonably strong with the right subs and +egged.

People have been hating wood in general, it didn't help that they made bamboo a water mp card. Astaroth is really strong, but you need very specific subs.

People have been hating wood in general, it didn't help that they made bamboo a water mp card. Astaroth is really strong, but you need very specific subs.

After they fucked up with green prong attacker overflow meta, they're just completely ignore wood to make up for that.

J0dy77

I'm really annoyed this challenge dungeon is MP only, I haven't even been able to try it.

I don't want to give up on it though. Does anyone want to run them starting with floor 1? Havin the no dupes requirement is also brutal. Does that include friends leaders? If so, I have thor to run with saria or Yomi with someone's yomidra.

I'm really annoyed this challenge dungeon is MP only, I haven't even been able to try it.

I don't want to give up on it though. Does anyone want to run them starting with floor 1? Havin the no dupes requirement is also brutal. Does that include friends leaders? If so, I have thor to run with saria or Yomi with someone's yomidra.

Friend leaders aren't included in no dupes anymore.

Jagernaut

The no dupes does not apply to the leaders. I ran the 1st 5 dungeons using Yomidra with random people on my friends list.

bjork

I think I might bow out of this game again. I've only been collecting the daily points and throwing them into the pal machine for a little while now. Is there any point to giving away accounts that aren't fresh but aren't end-game either? No, right?

Bladelaw

Does no dupes apply to subs on both teams? for example, say I have Okuni on my team, does that preclude my partner from using Okuni?

Anyone else making a ADQXQ team? I have a bunch of pi's and a 297 monster in waiting possibly. Have a lot of subs but not sure what an ideal team for her would be.

Thinking of this.

I also have Wukong, Saria, Valk, Indra, Ra and other No Thor, bal, or the like.

cw_sasuke

Does no dupes apply to subs on both teams? for example, say I have Okuni on my team, does that preclude my partner from using Okuni?

No, just your team - otherwise it would take forever to get some MP action going on lol.

Well yeah people are hating on Wood because Gung-Ho is going the extra mile to make sure to keep the color down and a niche for some reason. They probably dont want another Verdandi/Liu Bei/Bastet situation were people are actually excited to work on green teams.

And yeah Astaroth is great...if you have the right REM subs.
Anyone else making a ADQXQ team? I have a bunch of pi's and a 297 monster in waiting possibly. Have a lot of subs but not sure what an ideal team for her would be.

Thinking of this.

Looking good - i think a couple people will work on her. Dont know if i will hyper her but i will give her a go.
I didnt know its not official OS when my phone said new update ready to install. Well I guess its time to take break from NaPad, only time will show long break it will be. Since they wont fix it, I wont dl pad to some other Androi device since my phone works perfectly.
Man that sucks - hope you will be back soon...and that the game is more entertaining by then.

I think I might bow out of this game again. I've only been collecting the daily points and throwing them into the pal machine for a little while now. Is there any point to giving away accounts that aren't fresh but aren't end-game either? No, right?
I'm sure the are people willing to skip the early game slog but still want things to do.

Ducarmel

I will gladly take it, I could use an alt for multiplayer.

Thinking of this.

I have her 297'd and plan on awakening her, so I'll give her a try. She's mostly been just a sub on my Thoria team. I've got a lot of options to work with and most have already been significantly invested in, so I think a team might be thrown together.

cdViking

Looking at moving beyond my Norn Urd TPA team, which is good for a lot of stuff, but will be nowhere near able to take on absolute endgame material.

I've pulled light monsters like a god the last few Godfests, and am wondering about the following:

Saria/Superman/Raphael/Apocalypse/Valk/Thor

Aware that Valk is the weak link, other available monsters in my box include:

- Kali
- Kanna
- Unicorn Rider
- Athena

Looking at moving beyond my Norn Urd TPA team, which is good for a lot of stuff, but will be nowhere near able to take on absolute endgame material.

I've pulled light monsters like a god the last few Godfests, and am wondering about the following:

Saria/Superman/Raphael/Apocalypse/Valk/Thor

Aware that Valk is the weak link, other available monsters in my box include:

- Kali
- Kanna
- Unicorn Rider
- Athena

Valk is a staple on Saria/Thor teams. I think you'd want Apoc over Superman because he'd combo with Valk, probably don't need both since that'd be 3 board changers. So I'd start with Valk/Apoc, probably Ralph (though he's overrated and his active isn't usually needed, he's still going to do a ton of damage). Kanna won't be great on that team, Kali isn't useful either. I don't know exactly how I'd fill that last spot, but your team is going to be much better than your Urd team. Your listed team might be the way to go actually, just look for an orb changer to replace Superman when you have the chance.

Top Bottom