• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Selner

It should be June right? PCGFs hit twice a year. Once in the middle and once at the end. I wouldn't wait until then to start a new account, but I'd probably save all my additional stones to roll then.

That's my current thought. I would reroll until I get something at least OK, then save for the next fest.

hermit7

See you Raz. I am kind of feeling the same way as well, been logging in and not doing much either, don't think I have used any stamina in the past few weeks even.

b33r

It should be June right? PCGFs hit twice a year. Once in the middle and once at the end. I wouldn't wait until then to start a new account, but I'd probably save all my additional stones to roll then.

Yeah I think it'll be in June, but there will be mid month god fest in about a week. So maybe best to reroll then and save stones after for players choice.

Jagernaut

Coop driving veterans away. This round of challenge dungeons being coop only is annoying but future ones are supposed to single play or coop. I'm still having fun with the game without spending money so I'll keep playing.

Anyone up for coop on lv 7 later tonight? Awoken Pandora or Yomidra teams preferred.

Edit. I'm hoping for a 4x Godfest exclusives event more than Players Choice. I have a lot of great cards already but I could really use some of the GF exclusives like Eschamali, Zuoh, and Urd to improve my teams.

Lyrian

Yeah I think it'll be in June, but there will be mid month god fest in about a week. So maybe best to reroll then and save stones after for players choice.

PCGF generally is the "end of May" godfest in NA/EU. So, there should be one more godfest incoming and then voting will start for it shortly thereafter.

Lyrian

It's been a fun thread and I hope everyone keeps on having a good time. Thanks for everything! =)

Everyone has their time and place to move on, or at least to take an extended break from any game.

For a long time before I finally gathered the courage to start posting on this thread, you were one of the players that really inspired to start playing PAD. Although I wasn't an active participant for several of the early PAD threads, I admired your contributions to the community. Thank you, and a tip of my hat in respect. Take care.

Lyrian

Coop driving veterans away. This round of challenge dungeons being coop only is annoying but future ones are supposed to single play or coop. I'm still having fun with the game without spending money so I'll keep playing.

Edit. I'm hoping for a 4x Godfest exclusives event more than Players Choice. I have a lot of great cards already but I could really use some of the GF exclusives like Eschamali, Zuoh, and Urd to improve my teams.

In my opinion, I'm seeing a potentially worrysome trend in the state of the game.

I've presented the analogy before, but the current situation with PAs is analogous to being on the 7th or 8th expansion in an MMO, such as WoW. GungHo wants to still bring in new players (which they are), but also desires to catch them up with the meta as fast as possible. PAD originally was a very slow game (see: 30 turn actives, and so on). However, over time, the pacing of the game has continued to accelerate, faster and faster.

The core issue here is that the game desperately needs some new and significant ways for players to grow their box "meaningfully". All of the existing methods of developing cards has been accelerated to "ludicrous speed". Need feeder XP? King Infestion runs multiple times a week. Tamadras? At least twice a week. Rank XP? 2x XP is common, Monday Dungeon, and Experience of a "Lifetime" is practically every event. Plus eggs: always something on bonus. And so on and so forth.

With all known ways to grown a team being trivial to obtain, what is left for a player to expand upon, once they have multiple full pentamax teams? Right now, absolutely nothing. Co-Op is not the answer, as that is nothing more than a social hook to try to keep players attached to the game. If something is coming, GungHo is dragging their feet intentionally for some reason. Instead, they are trying to drag out the MP card meta as long as humanly possible before announcing whatever they have up their sleeves.

Whatever that may be, that needs to be soon. For many of the vets, the extended drought between MMO expansions is really taking the toll on them; many of which may never come back no matter what GungHo does.

@Jagernaut I believe the last PCGF Japan was 4x chosen cards. Will be interesting to see what lures GungHo will use for the upcoming one in a few weeks.

Quantum

This happened last week, but I couldn't be bothered to play lately, much less post.

Apologies to my BFs and normal friends, I've only been logging in daily for the last week or so and not sure I'll even keep that up much longer. If anyone is seriously interested in either account as a main or maybe an alt for co-op, feel free to send me a PM and maybe we can make an arrangement.

It's been a fun thread and I hope everyone keeps on having a good time. Thanks for everything! =)

You are not alone - more than half of my high ranking BFFs have basically quit and the majority of my friends (260) are not playing with the frequency they used to. I'm guessing that the US audience is fading due to crappy content and years of abuse compared to the JPN servers - I doubt it can be fixed at this point if the high rollers all leave.

I log in for bonuses still, but the game is certainly not what it used to be - currently looking for a replacement - I did not get hooked by granblue.

Rixa

I log in for bonuses still, but the game is certainly not what it used to be - currently looking for a replacement - I did not get hooked by granblue.

Iam not sure if youre interested about War Pirates (JP name Sen-No-Kaizoku) JP Homepage. Sega had western soft launch in game around December 2015. Then they suddenly took it away (around march 2016), we tough its closed for good.

Now they are going to do global release and that soft launch was beta (wtf?). It also seems that we all start from fresh (cant use beta account).
Here is the official facebook fanpage War Pirates Global.
Iam guessing its still Sega who releases it (not sure tho).

WP FB said:
Ahoy, dauntless Captains and welcome to War Pirates: Heroes of the Sea official fanpage. We hope to have everyone aboard soon! Stay tuned for more updates sailing your way!
⚓ Instagram @ http://ow.ly/4mYhaO
⚓Twitter @ http://ow.ly/4mYgHa
‪#‎WarPirates‬ ‪#‎SEGA‬
WP FB said:
Unfortunately the previous version of War Pirates is now closed to make way for a brand new War Pirates game that is coming soon. We hope to see you onboard for the new and better version coming out pretty soon.

WP FB said:
Unfortunately accounts are not transferable to the current version. As much as we want to do so, we wanted keep it balanced and fun which resulted to major changes. Hope you will stay with us and start a brand new journey woth everyone. smilehymiö
Iam not sure when WP releases (again) tho. Going to do reroll marathon again, since last time 5* rate was abysmal (closer to 1% than 2%). Definetly aim for 5* or some good 4* (I had Green Violetta, whilst red cannoneer Violetta was bad and fodder). I raised my Violetta from 4* to 5*, if I remember right you can raise 2* levels of each pirates (from 4 to 6* and so on).
Screenshot_2016-02-03-09-34-24.png
Screenshot_2016-01-31-17-22-35.png
Sorry dont have battle pictures of game. Here is one random youtubevideo about first combat.

Selner

Does anyone have experience with the gungho data recovery request stuff?

I received a response on the 5th asking me to change my name to a TBD name.

I figured their support people are off on the weekends, but I was hoping to hear something today.

Bladelaw

I've taken to Terra Battle. Even with Kanetsugu running Sunday I only farmed with natural stamina. I managed one more Hypermax this event I just need three more for a full hyper Ra Drag team.

Right now side projects are the only thing keeping me interested. Until the skill ups for Acubens and Algedi get here I don't see much happening with my jammer team though. I have 2 max skilled Fenrirs and almost done evoing gainaut (need one more red jewel to start the train). Basically between the two fenrirs and skilled up jammer gods I should be able to miniburst until Gainaut is up for the bomb. At least that's the plan, who knows if it'll work, but it's keeping me busy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
End of an Era - my Astaroth team has eclipsed my Bastet team as my strongest Wood team

For nearly a year i was able to clear most content with bestcat, but its tough to go back once you get used to +40k HP teams.

I figured their support people are off on the weekends, but I was hoping to hear something today.

Might take a couple days extra because of the request they got during the Holidays.

Bladelaw

I played around with a couple Jammer prototype teams. One led by Fenrir could consistently hit reasonably hard with the occasional spike via Gainaut depending on how many jammers showed up.

The second was led by Urahara and had three algedi subs and a Perseus cleric. Of the two the Urahara team was significantly easier to use and in the event a god showed up did hilarious amounts of damage. I'll be pursuing that team once Algedi gets her skill ups.

I also played around with a couple A. Pandora teams. I liked this best:
A. Panda
Zuoh
Aketchi
D. Valk
A. Anubis
A. Panda

Plenty of orb generation, Anubis makes up for Zuoh's lack of RCV. He can also clean up board junk. 9x is trivial. Is there anyone else I should be on the lookout for? Would Anubis be the flex spot in case I need a poison or shield?

If you mess up something during the process (like I did, by changing the TBD name to their sample name instead of the one I actually needed to use) they just straight up won't follow up with you. Try pestering them.

I finally cleared Arena 1 for the first time. I used Bonia / Nepdra / Bodin / I&I / Andro - all hypermaxed. Last time it came around I got to DKali with the same team except Mori instead of Bodin and couldn't do enough damage in the first hit to avoid OHKO. This time I luckily got LKali and blasted her down with a Bonia active + I&I + Bodin.

I guess I need to get ready for Arena 2...I think my Nepdra team can do it (I have enough dark latents) but I'm not a fan of his play style. Combo shields destroy me with him. I shoud probably just wait for active skill transfer, but as is GH's style it's taking way too long.

I finally cleared Arena 1 for the first time. I used Bonia / Nepdra / Bodin / I&I / Andro - all hypermaxed. Last time it came around I got to DKali with the same team except Mori instead of Bodin and couldn't do enough damage in the first hit to avoid OHKO. This time I luckily got LKali and blasted her down with a Bonia active + I&I + Bodin.

I guess I need to get ready for Arena 2...I think my Nepdra team can do it (I have enough dark latents) but I'm not a fan of his play style. Combo shields destroy me with him. I shoud probably just wait for active skill transfer, but as is GH's style it's taking way too long.
Since Arena 1 doesn't have the preDRA floor, Nepdra sub was mainly for its blue row awakenings? Wondering if Blonia/Mori/Blodin/I&I/Andro could do the job...

Isn't active transfer coming after the maintenance, so soon? I honestly haven't been paying much attention.

Is Arena 1 ever really coming back, or is it going to be one day things during events? Don't know if I should latent my RaDra team for 1 if I won't be able to play it much.

Lyrian

Isn't active transfer coming after the maintenance, so soon? I honestly haven't been paying much attention.

Is Arena 1 ever really coming back, or is it going to be one day things during events? Don't know if I should latent my RaDra team for 1 if I won't be able to play it much.

Skill Inheritance is part of version 9.0, which should be sometime this month in NA.

The arenas moving to technicals is part of the patch after that, version 9.1. So, probably next month for NA.

Skill Inheritance is part of version 9.0, which should be sometime this month in NA.

The arenas moving to technicals is part of the patch after that, version 9.1. So, probably next month for NA.

Thanks, awesome. I knew it was coming back, I just wasn't sure how it came back in JP.

So the last 2 nights I've entered dungeons and went to bed, because I didn't feel like actually playing and wanted to burn stamina, hoping to finish in the morning. Both mornings I woke up at the main screen. I know I used to be able to do this. Did they change something or am I just dumb?

Bladelaw

Thanks, awesome. I knew it was coming back, I just wasn't sure how it came back in JP.

So the last 2 nights I've entered dungeons and went to bed, because I didn't feel like actually playing and wanted to burn stamina, hoping to finish in the morning. Both mornings I woke up at the main screen. I know I used to be able to do this. Did they change something or am I just dumb?

Are you entering limited time dungeons (daily, descend, urgent?) cause that will kick you out if the devices goes to sleep and the game needs to ping the servers again.

cw_sasuke

Is the 40 stamina stage enough for guaranteed Castor/Antares skillups during 2x?

Bladelaw

Is the 40 stamina stage enough for guaranteed Castor/Antares skillups during 2x?

Reddit says 80% chance of drop. Anecdotally, my runs match that rate. Given that I only need Castor skill ups (lots of them...) I'm still running Mythical for Rank XP and the guaranteed drop since I'd rather have a 50% chance over a 40% chance of getting what I need.

At my current stamina max I get 4 Myth runs per bar or 5 Master I think that math works better for Mythical since I get rank ups that way.

cw_sasuke

Reddit says 80% chance of drop. Anecdotally, my runs match that rate. Given that I only need Castor skill ups (lots of them...) I'm still running Mythical for Rank XP and the guaranteed drop since I'd rather have a 50% chance over a 40% chance of getting what I need.

At my current stamina max I get 4 Myth runs per bar or 5 Master I think that math works better for Mythical since I get rank ups that way.

Thanks - sounds about right. If you include the exp you get per run and how much we will likely have to run this stage it makes sense to only run the 50 stamina stage.

Cant wait to finally skill up Castor - was just about use Piis on him. I used Piis on Alresha months ago - dont regret it, she helped me clear a couple of stages. Hope we get Pollux skillups soon as well.

Bladelaw

Thanks - sounds about right. If you include the exp you get per run and how much we will likely have to run this stage it makes sense to only run the 50 stamina stage.

Cant wait to finally skill up Castor - was just about use Piis on him. I used Piis on Alresha months ago - dont regret it, she helped me clear a couple of stages. Hope we get Pollux skillups soon as well.

Oh man Pollux skill ups would make my light team so much more useful.

As it stands I'm trying to skill up three Castors but I don't see that happening this go-around. If there was a skill boost multiplier active I'd be running it non-stop.

Are you entering limited time dungeons (daily, descend, urgent?) cause that will kick you out if the devices goes to sleep and the game needs to ping the servers again.

I think I might have the first day, but last night it was one of the 99 stamina descends in the Dragon Challenge. Never had a problem doing this in the past, but I guess I'll try and finish the dungeons instead of just leaving it till the morning if it's actually important.

Bladelaw

Well I managed to clear the Dragon Challenge today (yesterday was all Metallit all the time) with Yomidra. I got lucky on Z8 and didn't have to deal with Dark Absorb.

So just for giggles if I were to make a Santa Claus team (don't do this) what monster fits the last slot best?

Santa
G Snow Globe
R Snow Globe
W Snow Globe
???
Santa

Fire and light synergize with Santa best but I think any thing with decent ATK would fit. I played around with Scheat and a 25x TPA does a stupid amount of damage. Granted the team folds at the mere sight of binds, is hugely susceptible to orb trolling, and almost completely dependant on that last slot being absurdly strong. But as a stupid gimmick team it amuses me.

b33r

Speaking of 25x and Scheat I saw a guy on stream with a Shiva Dragon team consisting of all Scheats lol. It did pretty crazy damage.

You Yu is so fun to play I almost want to buy him on my NA account even though I don't have optimal subs. I hope they announce the fourth gentleman soon.

cw_sasuke

Oh man Pollux skill ups would make my light team so much more useful.

As it stands I'm trying to skill up three Castors but I don't see that happening this go-around. If there was a skill boost multiplier active I'd be running it non-stop.

Yup, especially with Awoken DQXQ upcoming getting Pollux up to speed skill up wise would be nice.
Speaking of 25x and Scheat I saw a guy on stream with a Shiva Dragon team consisting of all Scheats lol. It did pretty crazy damage.

You Yu is so fun to play I almost want to buy him on my NA account even though I don't have optimal subs. I hope they announce the fourth gentleman soon.

Did you buy You Yu on your jpn account ? Even if i cant get him - my Sumire/Alresha/Sara teams will be able to team up with him for quite the damage boost. Looking forward to the global release and hopefully some friends buying him.

b33r

Yup, especially with Awoken DQXQ upcoming getting Pollux up to speed skill up wise would be nice.

Did you buy You Yu on your jpn account ? Even if i cant get him - my Sumire/Alresha/Sara teams will be able to team up with him for quite the damage boost. Looking forward to the global release and hopefully some friends buying him.

Yeah I did, I still need a few bupbys before he'll be max skilled, but he's plussed and leveled. 361,159,422 if you want to add me. He pairs well with new Skuld too, but Sarasvati probably best.

Bladelaw

A Sumire/You Yu pair managed to clear the Mythical/Ultimate Rushes. Sumire's Cross heart shield combined with You Yu's absurd damage makes for a really strong team.

If my friend list gets You Yu fever I plan on taking advantage. I should save for my own "gentleman" though. I'm missing Uriel for Xiang Mei, I could probably make You Yu work given his sub pool is by far the most generous, but plum even with the ideal team is a bit of a downer.

Also I'm not really looking forward to skill inheritance. I recognize it's probably a good thing (cards with good skills and bad stats seeing more use) in the long run but it adds up to 5 more cards to skill up and man skill ups in this game are just the worst.

Since Arena 1 doesn't have the preDRA floor, Nepdra sub was mainly for its blue row awakenings? Wondering if Blonia/Mori/Blodin/I&I/Andro could do the job...

I brought Nepdra primarily because I needed the dark latent awakenings that I have on him in the event DQ Hera showed up. Hera didn't show up but I did encounter Awoken MeiMei who Nepdra completely trivializes as she dies in two turns to his poison. Also with the extra dark row and dark sub-element you can get a nice bit of damage between having 3 rows, Bodin orb enhance, and 2x from I&I (and another 2x if LKali shows up).

Your team should work but it's going to come down to getting a good board change against one of the Kalis. Once skill transfer arrives in NA it might be worth it to put a gravity on Bodin to ensure you hit the damage threshold against the Kalis.

Spoit

Well I managed to clear the Dragon Challenge today (yesterday was all Metallit all the time) with Yomidra. I got lucky on Z8 and didn't have to deal with Dark Absorb.

So just for giggles if I were to make a Santa Claus team (don't do this) what monster fits the last slot best?

Santa
G Snow Globe
R Snow Globe
W Snow Globe
???
Santa

Fire and light synergize with Santa best but I think any thing with decent ATK would fit. I played around with Scheat and a 25x TPA does a stupid amount of damage. Granted the team folds at the mere sight of binds, is hugely susceptible to orb trolling, and almost completely dependant on that last slot being absurdly strong. But as a stupid gimmick team it amuses me.

Christmas Hera?

Lyrian

End of an Era - my Astaroth team has eclipsed my Bastet team as my strongest Wood team

For nearly a year i was able to clear most content with bestcat, but its tough to go back once you get used to +40k HP teams.

Grats :)

When I used to lurk, I remember you graduating from Verdandi to Bastet and now to Astaroth.

And yes, it is all but impossible to go back to a glass cannon team once you enjoy the benefit of shrugging 1 or 2 mythical (or higher) difficulty hits without breaking a sweat.

Kudos for Dr_LawyerCop on the assist the other night with the multiplayer challenge dungeon. I was running the JV team for sure, but it is highly comical to run around dungeons with 95k health.

It is funny how relative power is in the game. Old dungeons, like Zeus Vulcan were quite scary when general max health pools were in the 20-25k range. For current meta leaders, 40-50k health pools are the norm for single player (let alone double that in co-op) and yawns over those dungeons.

cw_sasuke

Looks like 10x Desc will be back again - nice, especially with Hera-Sowilo in the next Coin Rotation. Also PreDRA Infestation tomorrow.
Yeah I did, I still need a few bupbys before he'll be max skilled, but he's plussed and leveled. 361,159,422 if you want to add me. He pairs well with new Skuld too, but Sarasvati probably best.

I dont play the JP version - was just asking because i am interested in YY impressions. Cant wait for him and Skuld UEVOs to hit NA - this should expand my possible friend options, because the number of Sumire friends is getting smaller every day.
Also I'm not really looking forward to skill inheritance. I recognize it's probably a good thing (cards with good skills and bad stats seeing more use) in the long run but it adds up to 5 more cards to skill up and man skill ups in this game are just the worst.
I agree - it kinda diminishes the uniqueness of specif subs and builds if you can just throw everything at the wall and sait to see what sticks. Sure i will use it and it will be good to use skills from subs that wouldnt make it in your main team other wise...still dont like the direction. Especially if it means we are getting more Arena 2/3 like stuff where it is expected to have top tier leads, with top tier subs equipped with top tier maxed skills from other units.

Sometimes less is more.
Grats :)

When I used to lurk, I remember you graduating from Verdandi to Bastet and now to Astaroth.

And yes, it is all but impossible to go back to a glass cannon team once you enjoy the benefit of shrugging 1 or 2 mythical (or higher) difficulty hits without breaking a sweat.

Heh yes...Asty kinda combines what i liked about Verd/Bastet teams - high HP and the possibility to hit for mayor damage with just 1 active. I still use Verdandi to farm easier stages and the team is still good since its Hypermaxed and i have some of the better subs....but justify Bastet gets tougher. Unless there is a high combo shield Asty seems to be always the better choice.

I hope when U&Y gets his Awoken version he will come with a HP multiplier LS as well.

linsivvi

Looks like 10x Desc will be back again - nice, especially with Hera-Sowilo in the next Coin Rotation. Also PreDRA Infestation tomorrow.

4 events in a row? So I guess that's going to be a regular thing from this point on.

If that's the case I'm not gonna burn stones on x10 any more since all my prime teams are fully +297.

Bladelaw

Today's "Shit I need that refuses to drop" is brought to you by the Divine Onyx Mask. I need about 5 of them for various evos (Thoth, Lilith, Persephone, Seraph Lucifer, various uevos) and I burned about 400 stamina and acquired one. This is running Expert since it's guaranteed to show up on the last floor and has a shot of appearing elsewhere.

The good news is I'm sitting on 5 of every other "uncommon" evo mat so I'm basically prepared for whatever.

EDIT: Hey today's my 300th day. Yay for 10 stones. PCGF or 10x farming? Still need to hyper my Ra Drag team so I guess 10x? Also the next 5 runs of the Wednesday Expert netted a purple mask each time. So now I'm out of Dublits and Rainbow keepers.

4 events in a row? So I guess that's going to be a regular thing from this point on.

If that's the case I'm not gonna burn stones on x10 any more since all my prime teams are fully +297.
What I really want to know is whether 10x Starlight and 10x OoH will be on a regular rotation. Those seem like the best bet for stoning for stamina conscious players.

b33r

What I really want to know is whether 10x Starlight and 10x OoH will be on a regular rotation. Those seem like the best bet for stoning for stamina conscious players.

I don't check normals that often on JP account, but I see those more 2x exp then I do 10x. Since NA is getting more and more like JP it should be easy to get plus eggs. It seems there is almost always a 5x, 10x, or 20x going on somewhere.

Wow that sure is a year one PAD box.

You've got a workable blue lead in Blue Odin, if you can handle the team cost just load up on all those blue monsters you have favorited up and buddy up with whatever monoblue leads like Ryune and I&I leads that you can find.

Worst part of having a year one box is that the metagame has rolled a truck over it multiple times, so the classic "save stones and roll on Godfest" still applies.

Bladelaw

I don't think I can bring myself to pull on FF2. I don't actually need anyone out of it. Best I can hope for is Squall skill ups but even that's not that necessary for me.

cw_sasuke

Looks like 3x skill up will be back tomorrow as well... Castor and Zuoh skill up - let's do this.

b33r

4th gentleman revealed, here is the Reddit thread: https://m.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDra...crysanthemum_of_the_four_gentlemen_mp_series/

Not really a fan of the blob type heroes leader skills, but that multiplier with rows is strong. I have slightly better subs for him than You Yu, but I dunno... I have dqxq and their awoken form is already going to be strong.

I'll wait and see what happens in Japan with him. I would like the red one, but don't have the subs, dark one sucks, so blue or yellow to choose from since I want one of them.

Was secretly hoping for green for the last one as I have a good green box I never use due to stronger leads in other colors.

Top Bottom