• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cdViking

Valk is a staple on Saria/Thor teams. I think you'd want Apoc over Superman because he'd combo with Valk, probably don't need both since that'd be 3 board changers. So I'd start with Valk/Apoc, probably Ralph (though he's overrated and his active isn't usually needed, he's still going to do a ton of damage). Kanna won't be great on that team, Kali isn't useful either. I don't know exactly how I'd fill that last spot, but your team is going to be much better than your Urd team. Your listed team might be the way to go actually, just look for an orb changer to replace Superman when you have the chance.
I have farmable stuff like Verche/Tornado Holy Dragon for orb change, but they seem like such a huge dropoff stat/awoken-wise that the active upgrade wouldn't be worth it.

Lyrian

NA skill rotation announced, date TBA.

Rejoice Zuoh users; dub-metalits are finally shifting over to him.

Guess I'm off to farm ancient masks for Australis tomorrow. Sylvie is shifting over to green jewels, which I'm not fond of. Has Sylvie ever shifted over to trifruits over on JP? Or did the dragon caller biweeklies that were rumored ever come out?

colinp

Banned
NA skill rotation announced, date TBA.

Rejoice Zuoh users; dub-metalits are finally shifting over to him.

Guess I'm off to farm ancient masks for Australis tomorrow. Sylvie is shifting over to green jewels, which I'm not fond of. Has Sylvie ever shifted over to trifruits over on JP? Or did the dragon caller biweeklies that were rumored ever come out?

Yaaaaaaaay!

Rixa

This is the Android version Iam using in Sony Xperia Z2. I dont see mention it about being some unofficial Android version nor any mention of cyanogenwhatevercrap. This update came via phone itself suggesting it. Is there even a way for me to see if its not official update?
Screenshot_20160504-113316.png
Only thing I know is that PAD stopped working after updating phone when phone suggested that there is new update.

linsivvi

This is the Android version Iam using in Sony Xperia Z2. I dont see mention it about being some unofficial Android version nor any mention of cyanogenwhatevercrap. This update came via phone itself suggesting it. Is there even a way for me to see if its not official update?

Only thing I know is that PAD stopped working after updating phone when phone suggested that there is new update.

Oh I read that thread and thought you're on Cyanogen. Xperia is definitely official. Have you contacted support?

Anyone want to help me clear C6? Don't think my alt is good enough to get me through it. Options could be Thoria (Saria lead), A. Panda, Typhon, or RaDra.

Just PM me and we can work something out. Need Shynpy's for A. Apollo and A. DQXQ.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anyone want to help me clear C6? Don't think my alt is good enough to get me through it. Options could be Thoria (Saria lead), A. Panda, Typhon, or RaDra.

Just PM me and we can work something out. Need Shynpy's for A. Apollo and A. DQXQ.

I am good for some multiplayer after 9pm pacific. A.Pan and RaDra teams are all quad-maxed, add me if you haven't 348,285,288

b33r

After two Wednesdays using all my natural stamina and a few stones I was able to get 9 blue masks. Those gave Blonia zero skill ups.

I know everyone here already knows this, but fuck this skill up system.

Spoit

After two Wednesdays using all my natural stamina and a few stones I was able to get 9 blue masks. Those gave Blonia zero skill ups.

Aren't blonia skillups on fruits?

b33r

Aren't blonia skillups on fruits?

You are correct and I meant Thursday instead of Wednesday, same result.

I did almost skill up my red guan yu though on the flame ancient dungeon.

Poring tower skilled up my last blue valk skill, while trying to skill up my chibi valk... Weird how some monsters skill up so fast. Just got bvalk, yet I have had chibi since forever. Also fed so many to vampire with almost nothing, while lillith skilled up no problem.

Rng...

MiTYH

Ugh, forgot how much I HATE farming Friday dungeons. Just need two green Dub-emelits for my Bastet and after almost 200 stamina, not even one yet

Jagernaut

Day 1200! 10 free stones. Slow week for news, waiting for Sengoku ultimate evos especially Akechi who I hypermaxed. I have a 2nd Akechi but waiting for easier skillups for him.

Day 1200! 10 free stones. Slow week for news, waiting for Sengoku ultimate evos especially Akechi who I hypermaxed. I have a 2nd Akechi but waiting for easier skillups for him.

Sengoku ults would be the dream. I've got 2 max skilled Akechi's (and a Mori I occasionally use), and 1 Akechi waiting for his eventual Awoken form down the line.

I've actually got some more interest in PAD the past couple days. Last week I was sitting on max stamina, not really finding anything to do. This week I've been gathering mats for awokens (Persephone, A. DQXQ, Apollo, Thor), and getting stones I've had left on the table. I'll probably have like 50 stones before the next godfest, with nothing really to roll for. Player's choice might be interesting, but I think it'd end up being a lot of dupes.

b33r

Ugh, forgot how much I HATE farming Friday dungeons. Just need two green Dub-emelits for my Bastet and after almost 200 stamina, not even one yet

I use Monday dungeon for those now, it's less of a stamina waste because the exp is so high.

Lyrian

Nah, Trifruits are much much worse.

When I used to do Friday Expert, I always looked at that as a bonus chance for a yellow emelit for a tamadra evolve. Made it much more tolerable (although still occasionally annoying).

I use Monday dungeon for those now.

Yup. Mondays are essentially a second day to farm emelits (except rainbow).

Lyrian

Why aren't you guys farming MPs?

Because many of us are always farming Wednesday Dungeon for expensive GFE skillups, Thursday Dungeon for expensive GFE skillups, Friday Dungeon for..... well, you get the idea. You know, the usual PAD trap.

Bonus meh because 10x eggs are on descends and so far all week the daily descends have quite substandard for farming. No real point to farming +eggs at 10x rates when only 1-2 eggs per dungeon drop, including the boss. 100 MP really doesn't make up for the difference. to be honest. As such, most are probably waiting for the weekend where as by design, a juicy +egg descend combined with MP farming will overlap each other.

There's always buying the 2x drop descended carnival from coins for 3mm coins per hour, but I'm personally not a big fan of that. I'd really rather not waste the weekends (when the better farming descends are available) stuck farming Weekend Dungeon with Ganesha all weekend because I blew 20mm+ coins on renting dungeons.

Lyrian

Welcome to my world futilely skilling Gonia. I can't even remember how many dozens of green fruits were fed to her at 2.5 or 3x rates for no gain. No regrets feeding her a woodpy for her last skill up. But hey, I still have a Verdandi and Syvlie to skill up with green fruits, so this hell I will never escape.

I'd trade you, if I could. I'm sitting on 37 blue fruits at the moment.

On the other hand, trying to clear some inventory space because of all these non-green fruits, I just went 6 for 10 feeding Draggie normal dragon fruits. /sigh

b33r

Welcome to my world futilely skilling Gonia. I can't even remember how many dozens of green fruits were fed to her at 2.5 or 3x rates for no gain. No regrets feeding her a woodpy for her last skill up. But hey, I still have a Verdandi and Syvlie to skill up with green fruits, so this hell I will never escape.

I'd trade you, if I could. I'm sitting on 37 blue fruits at the moment.

On the other hand, trying to clear some inventory space because of all these non-green fruits, I just went 6 for 10 feeding Draggie normal dragon fruits. /sigh

Heh, yep. I will have no problem feeding some bubpys to blonia when I get some, she is stronger than I anticipated. I also just pulled a Sylvie so I feel you there, luckily I skilled up my Verdandi a while back when I was trying to skill up Urd lol.

jay23

Haven't been playing pad much lately currently hooked on overwatch beta, so I only log in to waste stamina on legendary seaway for Rodin skill ups which hasn't been going too good.

linsivvi

Because many of us are always farming Wednesday Dungeon for expensive GFE skillups, Thursday Dungeon for expensive GFE skillups, Friday Dungeon for..... well, you get the idea. You know, the usual PAD trap.

Bonus meh because 10x eggs are on descends and so far all week the daily descends have quite substandard for farming. No real point to farming +eggs at 10x rates when only 1-2 eggs per dungeon drop, including the boss. 100 MP really doesn't make up for the difference. to be honest. As such, most are probably waiting for the weekend where as by design, a juicy +egg descend combined with MP farming will overlap each other.

There's always buying the 2x drop descended carnival from coins for 3mm coins per hour, but I'm personally not a big fan of that. I'd really rather not waste the weekends (when the better farming descends are available) stuck farming Weekend Dungeon with Ganesha all weekend because I blew 20mm+ coins on renting dungeons.

Well the coin sink is not insignificant but if you only use natural stamina to farm 2x descended carnival you get at least 50K mp points for event. Rather important for non-IAP players like me.

I have long since given up using weekly dungeon for skill ups. It's just a ridiculous stamina sink. Would rather save up enough MP so I can reliably farm Arena.

Got the last few dub-rubylits to evo Zhu Bajie and Guan Yingping. Just need to grab one more red fruit next week. Already have 7 red snowglobes, 5 Flampys, +297 TAMA, and 295k MP (plus a spare GFE to sell) ready for day 1. Gadius and Uriel #1 already 297'd but still need to level Uriel #2 and NY MItsuki.

b33r

Got the last few dub-rubylits to evo Zhu Bajie and Guan Yingping. Just need to grab one more red fruit next week. Already have 7 red snowglobes, 5 Flampys, +297 TAMA, and 295k MP (plus a spare GFE to sell) ready for day 1. Gadius and Uriel #1 already 297'd but still need to level Uriel #2 and NY MItsuki.

I wish I had her subs, jealous. I'll probably buy bamboo unless the 4th one is better for me.

LuffyZoro

It must have taken me 30 tries, all in 2-3x skillups, but I finally managed to get Okuninushi max skilled. It's funny, once I got the first one the rest came relatively quickly, but I had a streak of something like 0/20.

b33r

It must have taken me 30 tries, all in 2-3x skillups, but I finally managed to get Okuninushi max skilled. It's funny, once I got the first one the rest came relatively quickly, but I had a streak of something like 0/20.

I just need one more for him, it's taken me awhile too. Are you getting his skill ups from the tech pirate dungeon?

LuffyZoro

I just need one more for him, it's taken me awhile too. Are you getting his skill ups from the tech pirate dungeon?

Yeah, that's the one. The worst part is how I would sometimes go several runs without even seeing a black pirate, and it's 50 stamina.

Which new dungeon is that? That can't be a rare monster infestation, as I don't recognize the boss drop. The drops are too good to seemingly be a biweekly skill-up dungeon. Is that a new descend?
Yeah it's a new number dragon. Boss puts up a 75 shield for 7 turns, then fills your board with poison/crit poison every turn and OHKOs if you fail to clear all of them. He also hits super hard; even in co-op we had to run double Indra to stay safe.

Also floor 5 has a dtron tama that puts up a 50 damage shield so you can't true damage it, and rage timers after two turns. Wiped an embarrassingly large amount of times to it.

b33r

Yeah, that's the one. The worst part is how I would sometimes go several runs without even seeing a black pirate, and it's 50 stamina.

Yeah that's why I asked, was hoping I was overlooking something.

Edit: That dungeon is 20x today so I'll probably farm it for that last skill up and get a few plusses along the way.

Lyrian

Yeah it's a new number dragon. Boss puts up a 75 shield for 7 turns, then fills your board with poison/crit poison every turn and OHKOs if you fail to clear all of them. He also hits super hard; even in co-op we had to run double Indra to stay safe.

Also floor 5 has a dtron tama that puts up a 50 damage shield so you can't true damage it, and rage timers after two turns. Wiped an embarrassingly large amount of times to it.

Ahh... Seven Zard, or whatever it is going to be called. That's absolutely brutal, even for co-op.

NA folks: Kanetsugu with red jewels tomorrow for 10x/MP farming needs, and Castor + Antares (Constellation 1) skillups starting Monday.

LuffyZoro

Yeah that's why I asked, was hoping I was overlooking something.

Edit: That dungeon is 20x today so I'll probably farm it for that last skill up and get a few plusses along the way.

It's in multiplayer for only 25 stamina, if you can find someone to run it with you.

MiTYH

So I finally evolved my Bastet to her second form, want to get her to the Fire/Wood eve but... what the heck are these two ones I need to awaken it? Can I really only get them from the Medjedra and Sphinx descended? Are there any safe farmable teams to go for that, because my only real leader at the moment is Kali, which doesn't work well for all descendeds.

Sphinx Descended is pretty easy, you probably won't have any trouble with it. Medjedra is a fair bit more difficult and you kind of need 100% skill bind resist for it. Descended Carnival 3 also drops both of them as an alternative, and might be easier then Medjedra Descended itself.

Lyrian

As Cosmo said, Sphinx is relatively simple once you get past annoying Sopdet.

Medjedra is considerably harder, as you need to enter the dungeon with full skill resist, as the masks on floor 1 will pre-emptively will bind skills for 99 turns otherwise (pretty much guaranteeing a failed run). Further, Medjedra itself needs to be one-shotted (or delayed on the first turn) or else you are going have a very bad time with him.

One addition to Cosmo's comments.... Descended Carnival 3 also has Cauchemar, who has a permanent 4 combo shield. On the other hand, you do not need full SBR for Descended Carnival 3. Are you comfortable with consistently hitting 5 combos with your teams?

Lyrian

/sigh

Caved in and made an throwaway alt account on an old phone to at least get the free stone and predra from the multiplayer dungeon.

I wouldn't mind the dark snowglobe from level 5, but there is no way I am outputting enough damage without a compatible friend leader.

Sadly, the game still refuses after 600+ days to give me any of the popular leads so, I am stuck either running dark devils, green rows, or green TPAs.

Is there anyone out there that somehow has not cleared floor 5 yet (or is just bored) that wants to help me clear this real fast? (NA) ID is 396,136,305.

/sigh

Caved in and made an throwaway alt account on an old phone to at least get the free stone and predra from the multiplayer dungeon.

I wouldn't mind the dark snowglobe from level 5, but there is no way I am outputting enough damage without a compatible friend leader.

Sadly, the game still refuses after 600+ days to give me any of the popular leads so, I am stuck either running dark devils, green rows, or green TPAs.

Is there anyone out there that somehow has not cleared floor 5 yet (or is just bored) that wants to help me clear this real fast? (NA) ID is 396,136,305.

Would your dark devil lead pair okay with A. Pandora? I still haven't cleared lvl 5

Selner

Hello!

After being out of PAD for something like 1.5 years, I decided to download and give it another try.

Last time I played was like two phones ago, so I'm currently waiting on gungho support to see if I can get anything from my old acct back. I'm not optimistic, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I did purchase stones twice, so that might make my odds better.

If I can't, I guess I'll spend a little time rerolling.

b33r

Hello!

After being out of PAD for something like 1.5 years, I decided to download and give it another try.

Last time I played was like two phones ago, so I'm currently waiting on gungho support to see if I can get anything from my old acct back. I'm not optimistic, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I did purchase stones twice, so that might make my odds better.

If I can't, I guess I'll spend a little time rerolling.

There should be a players choice god fest very soon, that would be a good time to reroll.

razterik

This happened last week, but I couldn't be bothered to play lately, much less post.

With over 1200 days on NA and now over 1000 on JP, I'm calling it quits. Really I've been feeling done with the game for about 6-8 months, but lacked any real motivation to stop playing. The recent combination of Granblue grabbing my attention and GungHo's absurd push towards co-op after the last patch finally made my decision easy. My favorite part of PAD was being able to play at my leisure without interfering with my daily obligations. I simply don't have time to dedicate hours to setting up co-op and dragging through dungeons I could have finished solo in minutes. Solo play isn't a viable option for me when I would be punished with double the stamina cost and many dungeons are becoming increasingly more difficult without co-op. PAD has gotten quite stale lately, especially over the last few weeks which haven't had exciting news to keep me distracted, so I suppose now is as good a time as any to bow out.

A small glimpse of my accounts:
Of course I have many more cards on both that I never got around to putting plus eggs on, but almost all were max skilled if possible and max level if I used them. Each account is still sitting on over 200 piis in box/mail that I probably should have made better use of in hindsight.

Apologies to my BFs and normal friends, I've only been logging in daily for the last week or so and not sure I'll even keep that up much longer. If anyone is seriously interested in either account as a main or maybe an alt for co-op, feel free to send me a PM and maybe we can make an arrangement.

It's been a fun thread and I hope everyone keeps on having a good time. Thanks for everything! =)

Selner

There should be a players choice god fest very soon, that would be a good time to reroll.

How soon is soon? I'm going to have bunch of free time this week. I'm thinking I'll hear from gungho on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

If it's negative my old acct, I was going to start rerolling.

b33r

How soon is soon? I'm going to have bunch of free time this week. I'm thinking I'll hear from gungho on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

If it's negative my old acct, I was going to start rerolling.

It probably won't be next week, but there should at least be a regular god fest around then.

yami4ct

It probably won't be next week, but there should at least be a regular god fest around then.

It should be June right? PCGFs hit twice a year. Once in the middle and once at the end. I wouldn't wait until then to start a new account, but I'd probably save all my additional stones to roll then.

Top Bottom