• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Selner

I'll get back to I have no pressing need of shynpys but I do want that pal point mail in the event we ever get the +egg pal machine. I'm glad we're getting decent rewards for this.

Speaking of this, what are good times to pull the PAL machine? I got the points from the offer, now do I just save them? Is there a max to the number of points. Maybe I shouldn't have claimed the mail...

Speaking of this, what are good times to pull the PAL machine? I got the points from the offer, now do I just save them? Is there a max to the number of points. Maybe I shouldn't have claimed the mail...

Pulling the PEM really depends on where you're at in the game. I only pull on enhance for the free kings to level up stuff, but early in the game the evo monster one is good if you don't have reliable ways to get evolution materials like devilits or gold keepers. There is a max, I want to say it's like 45 or 50 rolls. If you get close to the max, just do a couple pulls.

I'm going to grind Kanetsugu for plus eggs this weekend. Put together an all att. A. Panda team and cleared it easily. Just changed my dupe Akechi with L.Meta. First time using L.Meta, had her forever. Still enough orb changers and damage to crush it. Going to finish my RaDra team (2 subs to go), finish A. Panda and then start working on her team. Got a ton of stones and I don't have any interest in the coming GF.

Bladelaw

You can bank up to 50 rolls. I usually burn through my stockpile during "enhance" carnivals.

I'm banking the pal point mails because in JP they had an event where the pal machine dropped monsters with +1 to each stat. That means with 99 rolls you can +-max any monster for a trivial amount of effort. The trick is NOT opening mail with pal points until you actually need them.

Who knows if we'll even get that pal machine but we did get 10x descends and now 10 pys from the challenge dungeon so I have to imagine it'll happen eventually.

Selner

Pulling the PEM really depends on where you're at in the game. I only pull on enhance for the free kings to level up stuff, but early in the game the evo monster one is good if you don't have reliable ways to get evolution materials like devilits or gold keepers. There is a max, I want to say it's like 45 or 50 rolls. If you get close to the max, just do a couple pulls.

At 24 pulls, so I've got a bit to go before full.

And the 2nd level Friday dungeon is beyond me at the moment. Dublits hit too hard. Need to work on hp I think.

I may have the mobs to do it, I just need to work it out. Still remembering what everything does :). And working on my matching skills.

Oh, and does the +eggs on a dungeon mean it has increased chance for +eggs? Must still be low, as I haven't seen any.

Bladelaw

Ah, thanks for the tip. I don't have any of those, but will look for friends.

I should probably read one of the million+ guides :).

Friday "expert" level isn't too bad even without true damage/poison, the trick is hitting every enemy with ever ally (including sub attributes). Other options include defense breaking (the Knight series has an active that 1/2's enemy def if you can stall to get it up).

If you just want to plink away, basically grab a team full of the same monster (level doesn't matter) as long as it has a sub attribute, then make the one or two color match. Either grab a true damage friend (A. Ra is best since it hits all enemies). or an on color orb changer.

I had a green/red team I used to use before I could take the dungeon on properly. Orb trolling happened occasionally but without the right subs/levels/skills there's not much you can do about that.

b33r

I just want one Pandora :( The a Lucifer friends on my list literally all became Pandora leads lol. Luckily I have him on my alt.

Yea I go into all these blind now and usually don't have an issue with my standard team.
Well this new one in JP, Agni Descended, I barely beat with my standard endgame teams on Legendary and haven't yet beaten on Mythical. Most the recent JP descendeds have been like this, actually...

Taz

Great Google have stopped you buying IAP using UK account for US games guess I'm not buying the one time pull REM.

jay23

Well this sucks I'm trying to purchase the bundle with some credit I have in my account but I get this error message

B70zOl3.jpg

I've tried signing out and signing back in to my Google play account, clearing data/cache, rebooting my phone Nothing seems to work.

Anyone buying latents? What are the best to put on Awoken DQ? Full rainbow resist? I bought two skill delay ones as well. What are the best monsters to put those on and should i put more?

I have 3 Dark resist feel like buying two more to finsih up my Yomi Dragon since he is hypermaxed. Worth doing?

I don't mind spending my MP since I don't have anywhere near enough for another mp monster and there are no others I want at the moment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great Google have stopped you buying IAP using UK account for US games guess I'm not buying the one time pull REM.

Same here - for some reason i cant use the currency using PayPal. Well Google is trying to complicate things that worked fine before...their loss.

Lyrian

Crazy theorycrafting time, but I believe I have deduced the gala color(s) for PCGF (at least for NA).

Premises:

1) GungHo is currently releasing the Jewel Princesses series.
2) The current biweekly features skillups for the Jewel Princesses.
3) The dark Jewel Princess's skillup (gadget) was released in the dungeon before the princess herself was releases, thus the order of release has is already predetermined.
4) According to PADX, the other biweeklies in this series also feature the skillups for the other Jewel Princesses in the same pattern.
5) According to GungHo's EU Facebook page, the next gala is Water, on the 20th - 26th.
6) Galas shift colors on Fridays.
7) PCGF is historically the end of May Godfest.

Assertions:

1) GungHo is releasing Jewel Princesses in the order of the biweeklies. As per the name of the current biweekly, Fire was first, and Dark was second.
2) Per GungHo's EU Facebook page, as the next gala is Water. Per PADX, this means that the next biweekly must be Water and Light Metallic Star Dragons.
3) Therefore, the gala after Water must be Light.
4) Light Gala would run from the 27th to the 2nd, given the Friday weekly pattern.
5) The only remaining Jewel Princess would be the Wood gala one, which would start on the 3rd.

The 64 million magic stone question is when is PCGF precisely. If I were GungHo, I would hold it on the 2nd and 3rd: Day 1 - light gala, Day 2 - wood gala to maximize rolling for specific Jewel Princesses.

I've thought way too much on this, lol.

Quantum

Crazy theorycrafting time, but I believe I have deduced the gala color(s) for PCGF (at least for NA).

Premises:

1) GungHo is currently releasing the Jewel Princesses series.
2) The current biweekly features skillups for the Jewel Princesses.
3) The dark Jewel Princess's skillup (gadget) was released in the dungeon before the princess herself was releases, thus the order of release has is already predetermined.
4) According to PADX, the other biweeklies in this series also feature the skillups for the other Jewel Princesses in the same pattern.
5) According to GungHo's EU Facebook page, the next gala is Water, on the 20th - 26th.
6) Galas shift colors on Fridays.
7) PCGF is historically the end of May Godfest.

Assertions:

1) GungHo is releasing Jewel Princesses in the order of the biweeklies. As per the name of the current biweekly, Fire was first, and Dark was second.
2) Per GungHo's EU Facebook page, as the next gala is Water. Per PADX, this means that the next biweekly must be Water and Light Metallic Star Dragons.
3) Therefore, the gala after Water must be Light.
4) Light Gala would run from the 27th to the 2nd, given the Friday weekly pattern.
5) The only remaining Jewel Princess would be the Wood gala one, which would start on the 3rd.

The 64 million magic stone question is when is PCGF precisely. If I were GungHo, I would hold it on the 2nd and 3rd: Day 1 - light gala, Day 2 - wood gala to maximize rolling for specific Jewel Princesses.

I've thought way too much on this, lol.

you:
https://youtu.be/jo18VIoR2xU?t=21

I picked up the "deal" - I find I want to spend money on this game having not dropped a dime in a ton of time. Still hoping for a new way to play - I got a lame multi dupe susano.

I yolo'd an antares a little while a go - currently mildly interested in skilling it for shivadra.

Btw I noticed a few people calling shivadra only a farming lead - I have cleared every almost every dungeon with shivadra - I agree RaDra is on another level, but I still feel its very board dependant and much more skill intensive.

I think I've given up of improving my skill and while I still am playing with a few new cards - I have 99% of the time been playing with either shivadra or ryune/i@i

b33r

you:
https://youtu.be/jo18VIoR2xU?t=21

I picked up the "deal" - I find I want to spend money on this game having not dropped a dime in a ton of time. Still hoping for a new way to play - I got a lame multi dupe susano.

I yolo'd an antares a little while a go - currently mildly interested in skilling it for shivadra.

Btw I noticed a few people calling shivadra only a farming lead - I have cleared every almost every dungeon with shivadra - I agree RaDra is on another level, but I still feel its very board dependant and much more skill intensive.

I think I've given up of improving my skill and while I still am playing with a few new cards - I have 99% of the time been playing with either shivadra or ryune/i@i

Yeah Shiva Dragon can get through most descends pretty easily, it's just the really hard stuff like the arenas and some of the legend plus and above rogues. I use him for at least 95% of the time I play.

Rixa

Heh. My PAD is tied to Google account. I decided to try device change...
Wel it seems I need the device change code from old device.
Oh well I guess I conctact GungHo about this, when monday hits. I do have my secret code (if they need it).

What a hussle.

Quantum

RNG - yeah right, my last 15 runs of fire&dark metallic star dragon for antares skill drops have all been dark gemini.

Statistically is it not possible - well I think there are less atoms in the universe, but you get the drift.

between not publishing the gatcha rates in the US and likely data manipulation, this game is so annoying at times.

smbu2000

Decided to get XM on my iPad when she comes around again. Been doing mainly multi lately so it will let me play XM with my main account although my subs aren't optimal on my iPad.

I've been enjoying using PAD radar to get plus eggs on my main account. I bike pretty far to work everyday and using it every so often along the way has allowed me to pick up quite a lot of orbs. I already 297'd my Gadius #1 with my first three rewards and I've collected enough for two more 297s. Will do my Gadius #2 once I level him up and probably my Sanada after.

Didn't get much during the latest GF. Picked up the original Fenrir on my iPad, but not really trying to make a jammer character...
Picked up Spica on my iPhone which gives me all of the constellation 1 characters.
Well this new one in JP, Agni Descended, I barely beat with my standard endgame teams on Legendary and haven't yet beaten on Mythical. Most the recent JP descendeds have been like this, actually...
Actually the difficulty on Agni is different. The easier difficulty level is Mythical and the other one is a harder difficulty level, Legend Plus.

I messed up my first try at Legend plus doing multi with myself, but cleared it on the second try with my YD teams.

Since I'm working on a ADQXQ team I noticed a lot of my subs cross over with Thoria which I have.

Going for
Saria, Wukong, Raphael ,DQXQ, Pullux/Valk/Ama

So I need some Thor freinds. my other mains are A hypermaxed Yomi dragon, Hypermaxed Bastet(on request) and soon to be hypermaxed ADQXQ.

333, 752, 218

coy

I took over my lady's account and damn it feels weird being underpowered for even Legend type dungeons. It is refreshing having to think of different team lineups to take on these dungeons.

Since I'm working on a ADQXQ team I noticed a lot of my subs cross over with Thoria which I have.

Going for
Saria, Wukong, Raphael ,DQXQ, Pullux/Valk/Ama

So I need some Thor freinds. my other mains are A hypermaxed Yomi dragon, Hypermaxed Bastet(on request) and soon to be hypermaxed ADQXQ.

333, 752, 218

We're already friends but I have Thor up usually. Feel free to message me whenever you want him up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yolo pull... Freyja. Wow.

Pretty much the only sub that could further improve my Astaroth squad. What at day.

Zombine

Banned
4 pulls, 3 silvers. Sometimes I feel like particular fests are stacked to drop more silvers, while others rain gold. Thanks RNG.

Jagernaut

1. Gold egg - Chiyome, good, last ninja I didn't have
2. Silver egg - dupe Genie, trash

Edit. 1 more

3. Gold egg - Light Metatron, my first

Selner

Woo, godfest. I think I'll do one pull a day, since I've got enough stones for that.

Today's pull: gold egg, Spica.
That should help a little.

Bladelaw

2 pulls, Divinegon and my 5th Urd.

18k MP at least?

3 more pulls because I'm an idiot,
Freya (woooo)
Dragon Samurai (boo)
Sheen (yay?)

Epic Drop

Yolp rolled twice since I only have castor and I'm assuming the mechanical 1 will get decent uvos soon.

3rd dKali
Alresha

I can't believe I'm too the point where I'm seriously considering selling a dKali. Can anyone think of a reason to keep 3?

Bladelaw

Yolp rolled twice since I only have castor and I'm assuming the mechanical 1 will get decent uvos soon.

3rd dKali
Alresha

I can't believe I'm too the point where I'm seriously considering selling a dKali. Can anyone think of a reason to keep 3?

Skill inheritance?

Lyrian

Same here - for some reason i cant use the currency using PayPal. Well Google is trying to complicate things that worked fine before...their loss.

Change your "home" address in Google Wallet (for Paypal) and/or Play (for credit cards) to a fake US address and the problem goes away.

damisa

Rolled 4 times got
Gadius(new)
Thumbelina
Fafnir(crap, but at least it came with +30)
Fallen Angel Lucifer(new)

I could roll 5 more times. Not sure whether to roll more or save the rest for PCGF. I don't have any of the Norse gods.

Anyone buying Layents?

Are only 2 skill delay needed or should I get a third? What kinda monster do you want those one? Something with a haste maybe?

b33r

Yeah I bought two awhile back for Shiva Dragon, I also want a couple for my Yomi Dragon too, but I'll probably wait until they are farmable.

And yeah it's best on something with haste or a vital orb changer like said above. The dungeons they help you in aren't many right now, but they can be a lifesaver in those.

MiTYH

YOLO pull, got Fenrir. Hunh, that's nifty. I'm currently still working on Bastet from last Godfest, so it'll be nice to have in the future

Haste and True Damage are the most popular latent targets. Orb changers like Yomidog are common too

Yeah I bought two awhile back for Shiva Dragon, I also want a couple for my Yomi Dragon too, but I'll probably wait until they are farmable.

And yeah it's best on something with haste or a vital orb changer like said above. The dungeons they help you in aren't many right now, but they can be a lifesaver in those.

For Yomidragon over having those extra two dark damage reduction?

I was thinking of giving mine to Pollux since she will be a staple on both ADQXQ and Saria teams. For ADQXQ I was thinking of full rainbow resist.

b33r

For Yomidragon over having those extra two dark damage reduction?

I was thinking of giving mine to Pollux since she will be a staple on both ADQXQ and Saria teams. For ADQXQ I was thinking of full rainbow resist.

I still have to farm all those dark latents for his arena team, I probably won't bother until we get arena 1 back.

But you are probably right, right now the only dungeons I can think of where I need sdr Shiva Dragon can do.

divusrex

The silver eggs popped up frequently for me. But considering how I got two 6* GFE's, I guess that is Gung Ho's karma system...

1) Urd
2) Cinderella (silver, dupe)
3) Evoed Cinderella (troll gold, dupe #3)
4) Gamble Mage (silver)
5) Red Riding Hood (silver)
6) Kaede (dupe)

I should have stopped at my YOLO roll, but I guess my gacha finger pushed me too far over. Not that I can really complain, since I can work to level up some of my fire cards sitting in my box.

Top Bottom