• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

Yep, there is literally now two series of mp cards. Odin Dragon is a joke, ragdrag is dkali replacement (though I hear he is a good leader with the right subs). None the less, there isn't one great original mp point card leader for green.

Why?

Yep, there is literally now two series of mp cards. Odin Dragon is a joke, ragdrag is dkali replacement (though I hear he is a good leader with the right subs). None the less, there isn't one great original mp point card leader for green.

Why?

To punish green for the attacker prong meta that helped push the game to power creep hell~

yami4ct

Maybe they'll come up with a non-4G flower for Green, but if I would skip one it would've been Dark (and with the card they gave us they might as well have skipped it).

Light XM looks neat, but no RCV multiplier means he'll likely sit in the same box as the Blue leader. An interesting lead that can't reach true greatness.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
To punish green for the attacker prong meta that helped push the game to power creep hell~

I dont know if you are joking but honestly i feel its the case...they kinda messed up for a short time with all those green TPA units, GZL Boost and Bastet benefiting from them....feels like we have to suffer now because the Gung-Ho didnt have better solutions than just slapping TPA awakenings on every green card for a while.

When the HELL is ADQXQ coming!. She will be hypermaxed instantly. Been working on getting her team ready.

Only been out for a month in Japan so probably still 2-3 weeks for us - probably getting the Desc Boos Uevos before that as well. Need that Aamir Uevo.

Lyrian

Final Fantasy 2 collab just announced, it's starting next Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...sy-collab-2-rare-egg-machine/1289056774456245

Off of that page, the "Notes" on the collab machine is worth a chuckle:

GungHo said:
Notes:
*Only the monsters listed above will be available from the FINAL FANTASY Collab Egg Machine.
*All Monsters from the FINAL FANTASY Collab Egg Machine are Rare or higher.
*The Monsters will be between Lv4 - Lv6.
*The Monsters from the FINAL FANTASY Collab Egg Machine have a small chance of coming out as +Eggs. If there is a period of time that guarantees +Eggs from the Rare Egg Machine, all monsters will come out as +Eggs.
*There is no limit to the number of times a player can use the FINAL FANTASY Collab Egg Machine.
*Each Monster has a different appearance rate.
*Pulling from the FINAL FANTASY Collab Egg Machine multiple times does not change the appearance rate of the monsters. As such, it is possible to pull the same monster multiple times.

*GungHo Online Entertainment will not answer questions about monster appearance rates.

That's... new, if not completely obvious for vets. Must be part of their "revamp" to be more casual friendly, per their last quarterly financial statements.

Also... no limit on the number of pulls on the machine? Yeah, right....

The last one must be in reference to the Japan gacha issues. As suspected on other boards, it appears that any clarifications to drop rates for gachas will remain Japan only.

yami4ct

Off of that page, the "Notes" on the collab machine is worth a chuckle:

That's... new, if not completely obvious for vets. Must be part of their "revamp" to be more casual friendly, per their last quarterly financial statements.

Also... no limit on the number of pulls on the machine? Yeah, right....

The last one must be in reference to the Japan gacha issues. As suspected on other boards, it appears that any clarifications to drop rates for gachas will remain Japan only.

Those notes have been on special REMs for a bit at least. I know the Bleach REM had it for instance.

Lyrian

Looks like 3x skill up will be back tomorrow as well... Castor and Zuoh skill up - let's do this.

According to PADX:

3x XP chance + 3x Skillup chance
10x Descends
10 days of gift dungeons -> tamadra + clear stone
Half price latents in MP shop
Fat Chocobo gift dungeon

What appears to be missing:

No daily mail gift (probably because of gift dungeons)
No drop bonus in coin dungeons (if so, RIP Tengu farming in coins)

Lyrian

Those notes have been on special REMs for a bit at least. I know the Bleach REM had it for instance.

Must of missed it then on that one. First time I had ever seen such language on an NA collab.

Looking at the machine... 14/19 gold eggs?

5 * 1% for 6 stars = 5%
9 * 5% for 5 stars = 45%
5 * 10% for 4 stars = 50%

That seems about right? What were the rates on JP?

Food for thought:

FF Collab 1 landed in NA on 11/2/15-11/15/15, immediately proceeding PCGF when the collab ended.
FF Collab 2 lands in NA on 5/16/16 -5/29/16. The first half of the year PCGF in NA last year was on 5/31/15.

History would seem to be repeating itself on the NA server....

b33r

But that creep passed wood by a long time ago, other than Astaroth and her very specific subs green has been screwed. I'm not mad as I have a great fire and dark box, with good light potential. But... I have a lot of nice green cards I would like a leader for them some day.

jay23

I dont know if you are joking but honestly i feel its the case...they kinda messed up for a short time with all those green TPA units, GZL Boost and Bastet benefiting from them....feels like we have to suffer now because the Gung-Ho didnt have better solutions than just slapping TPA awakenings on every green card for a while.

That feels like such a long time ago lol things change really quick with this game.

I'm getting really lucky with all these castor skill up drops. Hoping I have the same luck tomorrow with 3x.

It's funny because aside from that blip of 2 prong frenzy, green has been the worst color of the bunch.

Did we glean any new info from those gacha laws regarding rates?

cw_sasuke

I feel like Blue and Green have always traded that distinction back and forth. Blue has only stayed better in Japan because of the existence of Baggi Cat.
The funny thing is the more these colors get neglected by Gungho the more I'm willing to invest in them.

They won't get me. Units like GZL not getting a Uevo while they keep announcing shitty looking Gfe is quite the offense though lol.

yami4ct

The funny thing is the more these colors get neglected by Gungho the more I'm willing to invest in them.

They won't get me. Units like GZL not getting a Uevo while they keep announcing shitty looking Gfe is quite the offense though lol.

The funny thing is, Green has always seemed like it had potential. It has a ton of cool individual pieces, but they never mesh into a whole squad. A. Astaroth has managed to do some work, but that feels more like a happy accident of subs rather than a well supported thing.

Maybe Awoken Perseus will do something. The problem is, you know that GH is going to make him enhance Balanced types and that's going to be a death knell unless they release a whole host of balanced row subs with him.

cw_sasuke

Looks like we are getting Challenge Desc. 11 tomorrow as well... looks nice as in 10 Pys to get.
The funny thing is, Green has always seemed like it had potential. It has a ton of cool individual pieces, but they never mesh into a whole squad. A. Astaroth has managed to do some work, but that feels more like a happy accident of subs rather than a well supported thing.

Maybe Awoken Perseus will do something. The problem is, you know that GH is going to make him enhance Balanced types and that's going to be a death knell unless they release a whole host of balanced row subs with him.

Which makes it even worse... after all those nice green row subs we have been waiting for kickass leader but Asty while nice has a very limited subplot and Perseus just isn't food enough without hp and/or rcv multiplier.

As you said Astaroth looks more like a accident so we can be lucky to have some kind of a top tier leader right now. Otherwise it would be even worse for green leads.

Bladelaw

So with all four gentlemen announced, I think I'll be saving for You Yu. No Uriel precludes Xiang Mei, the low rcv of a chrys team plus orb hunger puts me off there, lets not discuss Plum. I have subs that work with You Yu since all he really needs is orbs. Between rukia, scheat, nut, b valk, a. Karin, and sumire I'm sure I can cobble together a team that will still wreck face.

b33r

So with all four gentlemen announced, I think I'll be saving for You Yu. No Uriel precludes Xiang Mei, the low rcv of a chrys team plus orb hunger puts me off there, lets not discuss Plum. I have subs that work with You Yu since all he really needs is orbs. Between rukia, scheat, nut, b valk, a. Karin, and sumire I'm sure I can cobble together a team that will still wreck face.

Yeah that's all he really needs, if you ever pull a Hermes, replace Karin with awoken Hermes. Full board changers can be risky due to sometimes there will end up no blue enhanced orbs.

Selner

OK, starting to remember how to play :).

My friends list was all people who haven't played in 600+ days, so I've purged that.

Now I need friends :).

If anyone has room, ID is 327,695,248.

Those penguin things still good for leveling monsters? And I should evolve them first?

Jagernaut

EU version is getting a special bundle deal starting tomorrow for 10 million downloads. We should get the same deal for $5.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/puzzle...t_id.843666892404285:tl_objid.843666892404285

[Starting]: 13/5 (Fri) UTC
Beginning Friday, a Special One-Time Bargain set will become available for purchase within the Magic Stone Shop. Available for purchase by all players, this special bundle offers the following for the price of the 6 Magic Stones:

10 Magic Stones
One pull at the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine
10,000 Pal Points

This bargain set may only be purchased once per Player ID. Price may vary based on location and local currency.
Notes:
*The Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine pull and Pal Points can only be used by the account that purchased the Special One-Time Bargain Set.
*The Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine notification and Pal Points will be distributed through in-game mail. In the event a player does not receive the in-game mail, we recommend returning to the title screen after a short period of time or resetting the app.
*Players are free to choose when they would like to use the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine. They can always come back to their in-game mail when they are ready.
*If a player’s in-game mailbox is full, they will be unable to receive the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine in-game mail. It is highly recommended that players delete unneeded mails before purchasing the special bargain set.
*In the case that a player purchases the Special One-Time Bargain Set twice through unforeseen methods, a second purchase will only give the player 6 Magic Stones. Price may vary based on location and local currency.
*If the Special One-Time Bargain Set purchase does not complete, or in the event that purchased items are not received, players should contact the App Store to confirm whether they were charged for the purchase or not. For more information see here: http://puzzleanddragons.us/support/purchase-issues/
Please note that the Contact button at the page linked above is for the North American version of Puzzle & Dragons. The EU customer service may be contacted via the following link: https://secure.gungho.jp/inquiry/pazudora_input_eu.aspx

Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine Lineup:

Fire Attribute Monsters
Minerva
Kagutsuchi
Shiva
Freyr
Horus
Ares
Archangel Uriel
Belial
Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
Ame no Uzume
Yamato Takeru
Cao Cao
Krishna
Set
Red Angel, Rozuel
Sanada Yukimura
Antares

Water Attribute Monsters
Neptune
Orochi
Lakshmi
Idunn&Idunna
Isis
Hermes
Archangel Gabriel
Amon
Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Andromeda
Sun Quan
Sarasvati
Nut
Blue Angel, Famiel
Mori Motonari
Alrescha

Wood Attribute Monsters
Ceres
Susano
Parvati
Freyja
Bastet
Artemis
Archangel Michael
Astaroth
Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
Kushinadahime
Perseus
Liu Bei
Vishnu
Osiris
Green Angel, Ruel
Ishida Mitsunari
Spica

Light Attribute Monsters
Venus
Amaterasu
Indra
Thor
Ra
Apollo
Archangel Raphael
Baal
Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
Izanagi
Sun Wukong
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
Ganesha
Hathor
Holy Angel, Ariel
Maeda Keiji
Pollux

Dark Attribute Monsters
Hades
Yomi
Vritra
Loki
Anubis
Persephone
Archangel Lucifer
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
Okuninushi
Pandora
Lu Bu
Durga
Nephthys
Dark Angel, Lumiel
Akechi Mitsuhide
Castor

Notes:
*Players will receive one of the above monsters after using their Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine pull.
*Usage of the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine is only allowed once per Player ID. Therefore, pulling duplicate monsters from this Egg Machine is not possible. On the other hand, players may receive a duplicate of a monster they already own.
*All monsters from the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine have the same appearance rate.
*Players will receive one of the above monsters at random. The number of pulls does not affect their appearance rate.
*All of the monsters in the Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine are Rare or higher, and they will appear at their max level.
*Our company will not answer questions about monster appearance rates or Rare Egg Machine results.

cw_sasuke

Yeah...we should get along nicely in the future :-D
I already was a big fan of Sara...You Yu is like here times 10 - wasnt able to get Rukia but playing with YY will be great. Would be nice if i could pull Skuld or Scheat though.
OK, starting to remember how to play :).

My friends list was all people who haven't played in 600+ days, so I've purged that.

Now I need friends :).

If anyone has room, ID is 327,695,248.

Those penguin things still good for leveling monsters? And I should evolve them first?
Welcome back.

We still have a Gaffer Google Doc table in the OP - so you its probably best if you just start filling your friendlist that way and look for compatible leaders.

b33r

Looking at my blue box for You Yu. I have a max skilled Valk and Nut which should be great at 5 and 4 CDs. I suppose I'll awaken my Orochi for situational and his HPs. Then the only other good cards I have for him are Karin, two Gabriels, and awoken I&I (he doesn't need any extra burst).

I'll probably run Valk, Nut, Gabriel, flex. 2 Gabriels might be nice with 4000 auto heal per turn. I'll run this jank team until I pull a Hermes or Scheat I suppose.

Oh and that deal posted above is great, that's the only time I spent money on my JP account when they had that deal. I will definitely but it again here.

Taz

It's only taken 11 tries and 1100 stam to get Lord Zaerog to spawn with light absorb shield, only team I have that could clear it was A.Pandora.

Never spent any money on this but will defo buy that deal if it comes to US,

Still not sure why PAD has never had an EU release on android

Lyrian

Did we glean any new info from those gacha laws regarding rates?

I don't believe so. The developing situation seems to be more along the lines of "full disclosure" without actually disclosing anything truly relevant that anyone who has played the game for awhile already knows. It is a common problem with self-regulated industries.

Last I had heard, there was some rumblings about being required to mark rare/ultra rare cards in gachas, but anyone who has more than a passing interest in PAD knows that cards with higher numbers of stars in their base form are going to be rare/ultra rare anyways. There is significant resistance to actually posting hard numbers, as that is seemingly being pushed as the equivalent of "trade secrets" and would ruin companies.

Hence the comments I made above about the FF Collab gacha page in NA. That is good example of a whole lot of words meaning almost nothing in reality to anyone with a passable knowledge of PAD.

Lyrian

PADX is also now reporting Descended Challenge 11 starting tomorrow, for 10 days.

Unconfirmed rewards, but if correct, 2 sets of piis + 2 sets of jewels. (25 total descends).

Hera Sowilo and Kanetsugu are both on the list of dungeons. No clue yet if jewels invade them or not.

yami4ct

I'm kinda waffling on MP dragons, Do I have the subs to run shiva dragon, or should I wait to see what the PCGF brings before making a decision? A. Sakuya is getting a bit stale, so any other team suggestions would be good too. (Alternatively, how bad an idea is Ra dragon with only one D Kali, subbing like the fat chocobo for the 2nd one?)

https://www.padherder.com/user/Spoit/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

If your goal is to replace your top descend team, I'd wait to grab one. ShivaDra is a great farm card, but he's a farm card. His top tier capability is limited.

I also wouldn't recommend a RaDrag team with 1x D. Kali. The awakenings and stats you'd lose going to Chocobo would really super hinder your top rank capability.

Looking at your box, you have the beginnings of a few great squads. If you pull another D. Kali (and ideally a long menace user like Exa-Hydra or Orochi to skill inherit), you'll have a killer RaDra team. RaDra/D.Kali/D.Kali/Isis/A.Ama/RaDra can tackle so much content. Especially when you've already got good shields like Indra to skill inherit.

You've got the core of a great A. Panda squad in Panda and Akechi. You're going to need a good chunk of cards to finish (Zuoh, another Panda and a short CD orb change. Ideally D. Valk, but Hanzo works too), but none of those are as rare as D. Kali and you might find that team up and running before you pull her.

A final option would be Xiang Mei. You only have one of her key subs in Uriel, but if you were to pull at least a Gadius, she might be worth your time. She's so damn strong. If you were willing to invest stones into farming MP and buying 2x of her instead of pulling once you got Gadius at least, she'll be a real monster. Ideally you'd want another Uriel as well, but you could make it work with the core 3.

I think what I'm trying to say is, wait and keep pulling. There are a lot better uses for your MP given you've already got some very workable farm squads.

cw_sasuke

Max skilled Castor with 15 skill up Fodder i farmed in the last 2 days... Done with the stage now, so good.

forgrim

Nut for me, always a bad sign when i have to look up what she does haha.

Third blue rem, sits next to blodin and karin til the day i can field a blue team

Bladelaw

I got a second Krishna. If I need unlimited red skyfall that's an option for now. Here's hoping he gets an ult soonish.

I burned about 350 stamina on challenge Z8. I keep choking on the 6 combo shield. I do fine up to that point, I don't know what it is about the pressure there but without fail I lock up when I get to that stage.

I'll get back to it later. I have no pressing need of shynpys but I do want that pal point mail in the event we ever get the +egg pal machine. I'm glad we're getting decent rewards for this. That said I think I'll skill Wadatsumi and Kaguya-hime no awoken skills messes with me too much and it's not as much fun since it invalidates a lot of leader skills (Row leads, TPA leads x+ enhanced leads) and stalling for actives at the beginning is a pain in the ass, especially if orb trolled.

I have 3 Gadius and a RRH. Is that enough for XM? Or do I really need an Uriel?
I asked the same question. Uriel is a key sub because, he's on type, makes fire and hearts, is more controllable than Gadius (you know how many light/dark orbs are on the board) and probably most importantly, combos PERFECTLY with Gadius for a spike board for XM. That's why the suggested comp is 3 XM, 1 gad, 2 uriel, or sub a XM for Red Riding Hood if binding is a concern (plus hearts from orbs uriel doesn't touch). Believe me if I had a Uriel I'd buy her in a second but her utility drops (still amazing but not toppest of tiers) without him.

Top Bottom