• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Two weeks ago: "I guess I can sell off these Rigels, not like I have a Unicorn Rider to skill up with them anyways"
Today, scrolling through box: "...god damn it"

Bladelaw

Couple collab pulls just for kicks:
Rain
Bartz

Bartz seems like he could actually be useful, am I wrong here?

Also I got S rank in the FF2 Collab mythical despite using my Yomidra team, is the S rank bar super low for this one or something? I only got 45000 points.

MiTYH

Working on the Medjedra since I need one for Bastet, but with only a good Kali team, this is a tough one. I just need this and Sphinx to evolve the cat-god and finally start working on a good second team. On th eplus side, using Lkali so long has helped me get better at the game.

Are either of the FF collabs worth farming hard? For units I mean

Bladelaw

Working on the Medjedra since I need one for Bastet, but with only a good Kali team, this is a tough one. I just need this and Sphinx to evolve the cat-god and finally start working on a good second team. On th eplus side, using Lkali so long has helped me get better at the game.

Are either of the FF collabs worth farming hard? For units I mean

Depends on where you are in the game. Early? Sure, decent stats, low team cost and the lack of actives isn't a big deal since you won't have skill boost awakenings anyway so you're not losing much. Out of the two I like FF1 for early game. I'm still not sure what gems live in FF2 though Ultimecia might have a home on a jammer team.

Mid to late game probably not since they don't fit terribly well on most teams. I did run with Gilgamesh on my Urd team for a good long while though.

Raven77

So I started a new game (I had played this a few years ago but stopped) and pulled a Dark Angel Metatron.

Is this worth keeping or should I try to re-roll? I want to level up as fast as possible so I can start doing coop stuff with a few buddies that have played for a while.

smbu2000

Cleared the new challenge dungeon 10 with my YD team (paired with my iPad.) The lock drops that start appearing from the second floor are a real pain, although they do help sometimes like when the bosses try and change orbs on the board. Still would be easier without them.

IMG_5930ch10_29_zpssealinpp.jpg

I worked Tengu down to about half of his 30 million HP then hit him with my iPad (locked drops really weakened my main attack. Luckily he gives you a turn off under 40% HP and doesn't do anything (he hits for 30k-40k each turn before that) and then I finished him off with my main. Had Eschamali and Okuni left over although those lock drops got in the way somewhat.

DTron isn't beginner friendly, but since you're playing co-op with others they'll probably help carry you to the evolution where she does become globally useful

First NA hypermax. Since I've never even attempted to farm +eggs on NA I think it's safe to say we're officially at the point where hypermaxing a monster is a trivial affair

Do you have a stable Zaerog infinity team? It gives almost as much xp with plus eggs and super kings so it's a much better place to grind.

I don't even know but I don't think I've even tried it. Monday dungeon is 100% farmable for me and I one shot every floor with no risk.

Bladelaw

Do you have a stable Zaerog infinity team? It gives almost as much xp with plus eggs and super kings so it's a much better place to grind.

What does a stable Z8 team look like?

I feel like I have a deep enough box for it but my attempts have been depressing. I can usually get 1 clear per stamina bar. If I bring true damage + Skill Delay Resist (A. Ra in my case) I get hung up on the final form's bullshit, or I choke earlier in the dungeon.

I'd like to farm it up to make Z8 viable in teams so I'm definitely interested in ideas. I'd post my box but my herder is poorly sorted.

linsivvi

What does a stable Z8 team look like?

I feel like I have a deep enough box for it but my attempts have been depressing. I can usually get 1 clear per stamina bar. If I bring true damage + Skill Delay Resist (A. Ra in my case) I get hung up on the final form's bullshit, or I choke earlier in the dungeon.

I'd like to farm it up to make Z8 viable in teams so I'm definitely interested in ideas. I'd post my box but my herder is poorly sorted.

I think most combo teams work. I use Horus with lots of time extend awakenings (5), which is enough to handle the first form. Second form I wait a turn then use gravity + damage multipier.

Bladelaw

I think most combo teams work. I use Horus with lots of time extend awakenings (5), which is enough to handle the first form. Second form I wait a turn then use gravity + damage multipier.

So basically don't choke during the actual puzzle phase. Fair enough. I should get over that hump eventually. My Rukia team is plenty capable of wrecking him, I just need to execute.

I have 7-8 fingers on my Bastet team used to run Z8 personally. That's enough to let me clear the combo challenge without much thought for most boards.

Quantum

god damned final fantasy. I didn't roll the first time it came around.

I have no need of any of the cards.

I'm not even using my daily stamina anymore.

I have no need to spend any more money on this game.

I have not whaled since December.

I have no self control.

Grr.....

Please confirm you are not a minor.

touch id:

Confirm your in-app purchase.

Thank You, Your purchase was successful.

WHY!

Epic Drop

god damned final fantasy. I didn't roll the first time it came around.

I have no need of any of the cards.

I'm not even using my daily stamina anymore.

I have no need to spend any more money on this game.

I have not whaled since December.

I have no self control.

Grr.....

Please confirm you are not a minor.

touch id:

Confirm your in-app purchase.

Thank You, Your purchase was successful.

WHY!

Haha! Did you at least get something good?

unrealist

I started a new account after losing my previous one .. still waiting on restoration.

I got a Yuna after 3 rolls with this account .. is she a good lead in any way? I heard she is like DQXQ.

I started a new account after losing my previous one .. still waiting on restoration.

I got a Yuna after 3 rolls with this account .. is she a good lead in any way? I heard she is like DQXQ.

Ranked as an A+ lead on game8 (for some reason I still have yet to figure out) so you're good

Quantum

Haha! Did you at least get something good?

I did - but rolled way too much in both the god fest and in FF.

of note:

- I picked up a second blonia (which I've wanted since the dawn of time in this game)

- other GFEs I picked up included a third urd, third verdandi, second ronia, third tsubaki

I think the only FF collab mob i didn't get was seph (which I wanted)

I now have > 600k MP and wondering about getting another MP dragon versus waiting for the gentlemen.

I currently only have been using shivadra.

no clue what to do in the game now and I'm thinking of at least 4 teams I'd like to try - now I have to think about what I'd like to work towards with the understanding there really isn't anything new in the game.

probably a waste of money, but I had been sitting on it in an itunes account for months and hell - I have a b-day coming up (rationalizing is now starting)

Lyrian

YOLO Godfest Pull: Diadem. Meh Cyberdragon, but a free dark row (efficiently placed) on top of a 1 turn haste with a 8 CD? Seems like a good inherit skill, I think?

Souvenir FF Pull: Squall. Meh... but again seemingly good inherit skill? Heartbreaker with haste for 7 CD.

b33r

I really wanted to roll on my alt account this godfest due to the dark gala. It has a very strong water box and is coming along in dark. I didn't pull anything great, pulled a Verdandi (terrible green box, but good for the future) and the Lucifer that isn't good, but I'll keep him as I already run janky ayomi, fa Lucifer, and Yomi Dragon teams. I was really hoping for an akechi or escha.

So I grinded whatever I could today to get one more roll, and got sheen. Was disappointed at first, as Yomi Dragon already fills unbindable bind clear, but I looked into the card and found it is very rare. The active skill should be great as a skill inheritance down the line and will be very beneficial for burst when I play coop with my main account. So not so bad I suppose.

Lyrian

So I grinded whatever I could today to get one more roll, and got sheen. Was disappointed at first, as Yomi Dragon already fills unbindable bind clear, but I looked into the card and found it is very rare. The active skill should be great as a skill inheritance down the line and will be very beneficial for burst when I play coop with my main account. So not so bad I suppose.

Sheen was only released in NA this week; still has the new car smell.

Yeah, it is a stupid rare card, as that is the GungHo game plan: cards that only appear during specific galas and do not receive any modifiers to being pulled. So, Sheen is probably a sub-1% pull rate that is only possible during dark gala.

Lyrian

NA Dev stream called for this Friday, the 20th.

I'm ready for another 5 or so free Pii dungeons.

Also, there appears to be a yet to be announced FF gift dungeon to be introduced on the stream. Yields a moogle, and was not available when FF Collab 2 was in Japan. Stats/Abilities currently unknown.

b33r

Sheen was only released in NA this week; still has the new car smell.

Yeah, it is a stupid rare card, as that is the GungHo game plan: cards that only appear during specific galas and do not receive any modifiers to being pulled. So, Sheen is probably a sub-1% pull rate that is only possible during dark gala.

Yep, seems to be a great card to hold onto for skill inheritance.

yami4ct

Phoenix Wright collab incoming? I don't usually get hyped for collabs because they're traps, but damn. I know better than to let it trick me, but I'm definitely giving it a pull or two.

Bladelaw

Yep, seems to be a great card to hold onto for skill inheritance.

So I have Sheen, I was looking at the active and holy shit. On a Yomidra team she can put out a 3.8 multiplier (5 TE between her and Yomidra leads) with just her active, with a Yomidra activation it's 133x!

I'm thinking of shuffling around my Yomidra team to the following:
Yomidra
Sheen
Eschamali
A. Haku
Lumiel
Yomidra

Only Escamali and A. Haku are bindable, Team is 100% SBR, 3 hastes, 100k true damage (eventually in NA), 6 TE for a ~4.8x spike of 173x on a full Yomidra activation. Add in a TPA and Haku/Lumiel will break through pretty much any defense. There's orb troll danger but 3 orb makers and 2 full board changers with 3 hastes I don't see that happening often. Also has really good stats across the board with an average stat weight of 1100 (this includes the fact that Sheen is not a god).

Putting it into the team simulator, at hypermax
27000 HP
8100 RCV

Stalling for DAAAAAYS. Swap Lumiel for Diza for when you need a shield. A heart row clears 9 turns of bind. Fuck it, I'm making this happen.

Edit: broke my self promise and rolled in the FF2 Collab
Kept getting golds...
Zidane
Terra (YAY Best box cheerleader)
Vaan
Aemo
Cecil (woooooooooooooooo most wanted card)

b33r

Yeah I figure with sheen you don't need Zeus in arena either which is nice. It will be even better when you can use something like diza with sheen inherited, you wouldn't need all those dark resists.

Bladelaw

Yeah I figure with sheen you don't need Zeus in arena either which is nice. It will be even better when you can use something like diza with sheen inherited, you wouldn't need all those dark resists.

Yep. I max skilled her by accident while trying to max skill Castor. 3x making up for my Zuoh fails (2/30 btw).

EDIT: inherited on a Ra dragon team with 9TE means a 10x spike on top of the 144x. Holy shit. /edit

Now I need to farm the FF collab for DKCecil skill ups. He'll be perfect on A. Panda.

I wish the light form was more useful than Apocalypse on Thoria though. Also I may turn him light first and top off his skills with Shynpys and revert to dark if I can't seal the deal over the collab.

Planning on running
A. Panda, DKCecil, Zuoh, Akechi, D Valk, A. Panda
That sound about right? Should be about 42k HP when hypered.

smbu2000

Yep. I max skilled her by accident while trying to max skill Castor. 3x making up for my Zuoh fails (2/30 btw).

EDIT: inherited on a Ra dragon team with 9TE means a 10x spike on top of the 144x. Holy shit. /edit

Now I need to farm the FF collab for DKCecil skill ups. He'll be perfect on A. Panda.

I wish the light form was more useful than Apocalypse on Thoria though. Also I may turn him light first and top off his skills with Shynpys and revert to dark if I can't seal the deal over the collab.

Planning on running
A. Panda, DKCecil, Zuoh, Akechi, D Valk, A. Panda
That sound about right? Should be about 42k HP when hypered.
10x spike?
Isn't it 1 + (0.3 x #TE)?
In this case it would be 1 + (0.3 x 9TE) = 3.7x spike. Still very strong.

Sheen padx

Bladelaw

10x spike?
Isn't it 1 + (0.3 x #TE)?
In this case it would be 1 + (0.3 x 9TE) = 3.7x spike. Still very strong.

Sheen padx

That would be significantly less broken.
I thought it was 1.3 * 9TE.

A quick test in endless had Ra dragon doing 12 million damage on his own. 52 million damage across the whole team.

Selner

So this FF collab dungeon. Is it really 100% drop rate? And are the drops any good? Was kind of fun to see five gold drops :).

Lyrian

So this FF collab dungeon. Is it really 100% drop rate? And are the drops any good? Was kind of fun to see five gold drops :).

100% drop rate on all difficulties for non-boss floors during 2x. The calculation whether a weapon or the monster itself drops is independent and rolled separately. If you need the boss floor drop for skillups, then the usual rule of Legend on 2x days, Mythical on 1x days applies.

Anecdotally, it is nice that weapon drops (in general) are much more common this time around. The first time around, weapon drops were uncommonly rare. This time around, skilling up the collab drops is much more feasible (but still can be annoying as usual).

Selner

I'm doing the Int level, and I'm getting a drop every floor, except the boss floor.

These just seemed unusual me, but I guess it's normal for collab?

Very nice for me, considering my near lack of dual-color cards. Now I have a bunch to mess around with :).

Lyrian

I'm doing the Int level, and I'm getting a drop every floor, except the boss floor.

These just seemed unusual me, but I guess it's normal for collab?

Very nice for me, considering my near lack of dual-color cards. Now I have a bunch to mess around with :).

Looking forward, yes. In the past, the answer was no.

Normally, any non boss floor that can generate a fodder drop (3 stars or less), has a 60% drop chance. 2x chance surpasses 100%, so guaranteed drops.

That said, in the "old days" (pre-revamp), 2x drop rates were generally reserved for the last day of an event. Before then, any boosted rates would be 1.5x, almost guaranteeing a 3 star or below drop per floor (1.5x would still make a Legend boss floor 100%).

When FF rolled around the first time in NA/EU, the old system was still be used. Unlike almost anything else to date at that point in time, the drops in the FF dungeons are 5 star golds. The old system states that 5 stars and up are treated like descend boss floors, so 40% base drop (kind of like Descended Carnival now off-bonus). This caused huge problems as when off bonus (which was 5 out the 7 days per week), it was very possible to get zero drops per run. With the split drops between weapons and monsters per floor, the complaints were extremely loud. So much so, that GungHo turned on permanent 2x drop rates and left them on for the back 10 days or so of the collab. (Still, 2x 40% was not 100%, but it was better.)

Fast forward to now, new rules are in place. Fodder floor rates are the standardized, regardless of the rarity of the egg that drops (Example: Luthor, a gold egg in the BvS collab, dropped 100% of the time on Int on 2x drop). So, 60% base drop on all non boss floors. Full 2x drop bonus now occurs 4 out of the 7 days of the week (1.5x drop doesn't exist for events anymore). This should yield much more favorable outcomes for players farming the dungeon.

Going forward, this should be the norm for collabs as the drops are now tuned to be much friendlier than in the past.

Lyrian

Still haven't cleared wadatsumi is there a new team that makes this dungeon a breeze?

Either Green Norsebound (Freyja x Sylvie) for HP/RCV to stall through everything, or AHaku/AVenus for the 50 (one) /75%(two) water resist pretty much trivializes it.

Better then my 5.6.

My IRL friend got .9 but will probably lose it.

.9 and below will require absolute perfection and luck.
Starting to think that reaching crown status requires you to skip procing Horus on certain floors.

PPS Selner and anybody else new to PAD, I recommend trying to run the ranking dungeon if able. It uses a prebuilt team so you don't have to worry about being too weak to handle it, is impossible to fail, gives good rank EXP, rarely drops mats that are normally difficult to get early on, and you might end up getting nice rewards for doing well in it.

Top Bottom