• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Either Green Norsebound (Freyja x Sylvie) for HP/RCV to stall through everything, or AHaku/AVenus for the 50 (one) /75%(two) water resist pretty much trivializes it.

What filler goes in that team? I'm having a hell of a time with my other team options.

Bladelaw

Well one Castor got finished yesterday. So far despite my complaining the number of monsters I've max skilled so far is pretty good.

I'm hoping to finish off D Kali number 2 Friday so she can replace Ichigo on my Ra Dragon team. I'm thinking of switching around my friend leads. Ra Dragon stays up top, AALuci will be replaced by either Rukia or Yomi Dragon. When my Rukia is up my friends list seems to follow and I've been using her to clear a lot of stuff lately.

I use YomiD when I don't feel like thinking.

Selner

PPS Selner and anybody else new to PAD, I recommend trying to run the ranking dungeon if able. It uses a prebuilt team so you don't have to worry about being too weak to handle it, is impossible to fail, gives good rank EXP, rarely drops mats that are normally difficult to get early on, and you might end up getting nice rewards for doing well in it.

So here's my silly question, where is the ranking dungeon? There's nothing called that ob my dungeon screen. So I to be above a specific rank to see it?

Ah, that would be why I can't see it. Rank 70-something at the moment.

I read somewhere that the tower of giants is the best exp/stamina? Have not had time to power through that for ranks.
If you can clear it consistently, Ocean of Heaven 5 has 2x exp bonus right now and is probably better exp/stamina

Lyrian

What filler goes in that team? I'm having a hell of a time with my other team options.

Because it is a no awakening dungeon, the middle of each team is pretty much stat sticks as both rows and TPAs are meaningless. Name of the game is as many match-3 combos as possible.

If you have a shield option, Susano for green and DIza for black are solid options for emergencies or pushing bosses into rage zones and living.

Otherwise, all the dungeon really devolves into is stalling long enough to grind and outlast everything and spike past rage zones when needed.

Green Norsebound works really well, as the 2x HP and 2.5 RCV ensures that you can outlast practically everything as long as all of your subs don't have 0 RCV (which shouldn't be a problem for green unless all of your subs are green attackers). Grind away and Freyja spike where needed. Stall on the following floor, rinse, lather, repeat.

AHaku/AVenus should work simiarly. With 75% blue resist, HP and RCV are effectively x4 against blue/light/dark (Venus) or red/water/dark (Haku). One note though as I can't verify this because the PADX server hamsters have died, if using these teams beware of dual color bosses that have a color that is not one of the ones that is 75% resisted (primarily green). You are going to need to spike past non resisted colors and never let the enemy have a turn on one of these colors. For example, fuzzy memory reminds me that UY is one of the subbosses, and is blue/green. You are close to invincible when he is blue, but if allowed to switch green he will likely one shot you on the next turn. So spike over 50% on him to avoid this issue.

Ah, that would be why I can't see it. Rank 70-something at the moment.

I read somewhere that the tower of giants is the best exp/stamina? Have not had time to power through that for ranks.
The best EXP/stam and typically EXP/real time assuming no event bonuses or other conditions is typically Monday Dungeon. The answer gets more complicated after that.

yami4ct

PCGF hitting on time as expected. Glad I've saved a decent number of stones.

I really hope people think ahead and we get Xiang Mei's key subs in there. Both Uriel and Gadius very much deserve to be in the running. At this point, XM is the only team that would have big value to me now that I have my RaDra squad. I'll build some other things for fun, but she would be a big get for me if I can get at least 1 more Uriel and a Gadius.

Lyrian

Love your new avatar, Cosmo.

PCGF voting is up.

+1 for the avatar as well!

It... begins.....

A quick scan on the options this time around add the Samurai gods and Constellation 1/2 into the mix. Australis/Scheat/Eschamali also added to the list. Massive chuckle for the final entry on the form.... Fenrir. Is that going to be the new troll cord spammed into the PCGF?

Very early voting showing Eschamali dethroning the Kalis at the top of the food chain. Akechi, Uriel, Pandora, Orochi, and Isis are the early runaways that are not GFEs.

Lyrian

As someone pointed out on Reddit, in the fine print on the voting page only the top 25 (not 30 as in previous votes) get into the PCGF.

4x PCGF incoming?

Bladelaw

PCGF hitting on time as expected. Glad I've saved a decent number of stones.

I really hope people think ahead and we get Xiang Mei's key subs in there. Both Uriel and Gadius very much deserve to be in the running. At this point, XM is the only team that would have big value to me now that I have my RaDra squad. I'll build some other things for fun, but she would be a big get for me if I can get at least 1 more Uriel and a Gadius.

I'm hoping for solid Bamboo subs in addition to a couple missing pieces for various teams.

How many votes do we get? My top 10 would be:
Isis
Uriel
Hermes
Astaroth (I have subs for one hell of a green row team)
Pandora
DQXQ
Rodin
Blonia
Skuld
Ryune

I'd put Akechi in there but I have three of him so I don't need him.

What would be neat is if the only things that got votes were GF exclusives. I'm curious if they'd do anything to the odds or just let it be a treat.

b33r

Yeah, I voted for Hermes because of You Yu. I figure Scheat will make it and probably Isis as well, without my help.

I'm hoping for solid Bamboo subs in addition to a couple missing pieces for various teams.

How many votes do we get? My top 10 would be:
Isis
Uriel
Hermes
Astaroth (I have subs for one hell of a green row team)
Pandora
DQXQ
Rodin
Blonia
Skuld
Ryune

I'd put Akechi in there but I have three of him so I don't need him.

What would be neat is if the only things that got votes were GF exclusives. I'm curious if they'd do anything to the odds or just let it be a treat.

You get one vote. I think most of your list will make it though.

I voted Hermes. He'd be a huge get for my blue box. I'd usually wait until it gets closer to the end of the voting period to try and push someone in, but I really don't care too much this time. Probably not rolling much in it since I have most of the really popular monsters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yolo'd a meimei this godfest so I decided now was the time to create a wood team. Chose A. Bastet. Read some guides, came up with a team. A. Meimei didn't make the cut. Could have made this team months ago... Would like to find a place for her, but I've got a max skilled Verd already for board change.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I'm at like 7.6 for ranking

I always screw up on one floor

Even you have a perfect run, it doesn't guarantee a spot in 1%.

I had a perfect run like 7.3 avg combo, but only scored like 127XXX, which was initially 1.6% but not falls to 2.0%.

For 1% I guess you can't use skills on Floor 1,2,4.

Any tips on beating Sandalphon Descended?

I'm running Verdandi/Spica/Perseus/Delgado/A.Orochi/ Verdandi friend.

I can get to Sandalphon no problem but just can't seem to stall before I get him to under 50% and he locks all my gods down and then one hits me for 100k+ damage.

I'm thinking of throwing my Odin Tamadra in to replace Orochi for the poison but I don't think that will do much.

my box : https://www.padherder.com/user/OverTime/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Just realized A. Amaterasu may be my best bet as she is unbindable and removes binds...

Jagernaut

Awoken Amaterasu is great for Sandalphon. I use Chibi Valk, Wukong (used to use Fuu), Awoken Venus and Awoken Apollo (used to use DQXQ) as subs.

Jagernaut

I beat Volsung for the first time, using Awoken Parvati. Vishnu, Verdandi, and friend Parvati are hypermaxed. Wonder Woman's delay helped bypass the boss's perseverance.

uuOZPct.jpg

Jagernaut

Ha. I wish I had those subs. Tried with Ama but no luck. This no continues challenge is making this more painful than it needs to be. :(

What subs do you have? The dungeon is not that hard, only Michael and Raphael can kill you so you have to burst them (or chip Michael to death before his big attack). You can stall on everyone else to get skills up.

What subs do you have? The dungeon is not that hard, only Michael and Raphael can kill you so you have to burst them (or chip Michael to death before his big attack). You can stall on everyone else to get skills up.

Posted my box above. I'll check to see if i have a venus friend.

Any tips on beating Sandalphon Descended?

I'm running Verdandi/Spica/Perseus/Delgado/A.Orochi/ Verdandi friend.

I can get to Sandalphon no problem but just can't seem to stall before I get him to under 50% and he locks all my gods down and then one hits me for 100k+ damage.

I'm thinking of throwing my Odin Tamadra in to replace Orochi for the poison but I don't think that will do much.

my box : https://www.padherder.com/user/OverTime/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Just realized A. Amaterasu may be my best bet as she is unbindable and removes binds...
Is Orochi up in time? Or you could just bring Echidna instead to give you multiple turns to burst down Sandalphon.

Lyrian

I beat Volsung for the first time, using Awoken Parvati. Vishnu, Verdandi, and friend Parvati are hypermaxed. Wonder Woman's delay helped bypass the boss's perseverance.

Very nice!

I have a Wonder Woman as well that I was pondering similar uses. Good to see that the idea of a 1 turn delay has merit. Sometimes, 1 extra turn is all you need.

Lyrian

End of Day 1-ish PCGF standings (NA) Snapshot

Locked In (100+ votes, not in any given order)

Orochi, Susano, Amaratsu, Yomi, Isis, Shiva, Bastet, Uriel, Sakuya, Haku, Pandora, DQXQ, Akechi, Rodin, LKali, DKali, Ryune, Scheat, Eschamali (19 cards)

DKali at 480 votes, Eschamali at 576 votes, lol.

On the Bubble (75-99 votes)

Indra, I&I, Ra, Raphael, FA Lucifer, Bonia, Skuld, Ilm, Gadius (9)

25th Place = Gadius(80), 26th Bonia (78), 27th Skuld (75)

Outside, Looking In (60-74 votes)

Loki, Anubis, Hermes, Apollo, Zuoh, Kanna (6)

You can pretty much put in fork in everything else at this point, short of vote manipulation. Everything falls off a cliff at that point. Over half of the 119 entries are in the single digits still.

Illucio

Banned
1 pull on the FF collab since it's one of the only good ones: Cecil.

The worst possible gold egg? Of course.

Cecil is a great 6 star, he's just not an amazing rainbow leader like Seph, Yuna, or Lightning.

He's the one card you want duplicates of simply because he's a orb changer.

yami4ct

Cecil is a great 6 star, he's just not an amazing rainbow leader like Seph, Yuna, or Lightning.

He's the one card you want duplicates of simply because he's a orb changer.

He's not bad, but he doesn't offer me anything I don't have elsewhere. Haku pairs with Akechi and is typically a better sub for dark teams because of it. Luci is a better Dark leader. I just don't know where I would put him. Yuna and Seph both offer interesting alternate teams and Lightning would be an amazing skill inherit for my Ra Dra team. I guess I could SI Cecil onto my Luci squad for an extra option.

I take back him being the worst, though. Cloud is actually the worst. He's pretty much only any real good in system squads.

I did it! Just added Echidna and stalled out. Is Sandalphon a decent sub? I'm using for evo mat but may go for another or two.

Now to run Cauchemar Descended and awake my Astaroth.

jay23

End of Day 1-ish PCGF standings (NA) Snapshot

Locked In (100+ votes, not in any given order)

Orochi, Susano, Amaratsu, Yomi, Shiva, Bastet, Uriel, Sakuya, Haku, Pandora, DQXQ, Akechi, Rodin, LKali, DKali, Ryune, Scheat, Eschamali (18 cards)

DKali at 480 votes, Eschamali at 576 votes, lol.

On the Bubble (75-99 votes)

Indra, I&I, Ra, Raphael, FA Lucifer, Bonia, Skuld, Ilm, Gadius (9)

25th Place = Gadius(80), 26th Bonia (78), 27th Skuld (75)

Outside, Looking In (60-74 votes)

Loki, Anubis, Hermes, Apollo, Zuoh, Kanna (6)

You can pretty much put in fork in everything else at this point, short of vote manipulation. Everything falls off a cliff at that point. Over half of the 119 entries are in the single digits still.

Have 14 out of the current 25

If it's 4x gfe I'll still go all out, hopefully I can get lucky. If I roll Uriel I may have to strongly consider xiang mei.

Let's hope we get a good gala

Quantum

2 days all stamina into ff2 - can't get lightnings skill up to drop. Orphans for everyone.

seriously with this skill up shit again - not even planning to use her in a team yet - just nothing to work on until adxdq decides to grace the US.

even then I'm not sure that adxdq is really a viable new end game team - more of a fun little side project.

love the second bloina I pulled - always been a sucker for blonia teams.

NineH

Bought a pack of stones and used up all my saved stones to pull 25 times in the FF REM.

Only managed to pull one 6 star which was Lightning and I'm a little sad that I only pulled one 6 star character. Oh well, I got sucked in good and used up my stones for mostly MP I suppose.

Jagernaut

I did it! Just added Echidna and stalled out. Is Sandalphon a decent sub? I'm using for evo mat but may go for another or two.

Sandalphon is a good A Amaterasu sub for the combined spike/shield skill, only negative is 11 skillups needed to max.

Bladelaw

I'm a little bummed about Hermes as he'd be a solid pick on a lot of blue teams. At least Ryune is in the list. I'm pretty WTF that Isis is nowhere to be found. She's the lynchpin of a ton of rainbow teams keeping two colors unbindable while working as a cleric/shield on a low cooldown.

If the current 25 make it there's only 5 I'm missing.
DQXQ
Ryune
Rodin
Uriel
Susano

I wouldn't mind another Pandora though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I run hypermax Astaroth - if you need a friend shoot me a request.

Bladelaw

Isis is number 8 right now...

I'm disappointed that Astaroth is getting so few votes when older leaders like Bastet and Shiva are making the list. Hopefully Zuoh bumps out Ilm eventually too.

Oh nice! I was looking at the day 1 snapshot posted above. I too would prefer Astaroth getting some love. But I have more Zuoh's than I know what to do with so would prefer Ilm just to have it.

Looking at that list I'm missing 8 which is preferable odds given how much I plan on rolling.

Quantum

Bought a pack of stones and used up all my saved stones to pull 25 times in the FF REM.

Only managed to pull one 6 star which was Lightning and I'm a little sad that I only pulled one 6 star character. Oh well, I got sucked in good and used up my stones for mostly MP I suppose.

- the other way to look at it is that you were able to at least get a 6*, I've pulled entire pack(s) of silvers in the past.

- I don't pretend to understand how skill transfer works, but lightnings' skill is amazing - she is the one to get in my opinion.

Considering how much I play this game and how shitty RNG is to me I end up splurging once and awhile - I almost always feel bad about it, but I look at it as supporting the game I've played daily for 1149 days - even if I hate gunho's treatment of the US server most of the time.

Bladelaw

- the other way to look at it is that you were able to at least get a 6*, I've pulled entire pack(s) of silvers in the past.

- I don't pretend to understand how skill transfer works, but lightnings' skill is amazing - she is the one to get in my opinion.

Considering how much I play this game and how shitty RNG is to me I end up splurging once and awhile - I almost always feel bad about it, but I look at it as supporting the game I've played daily for 1149 days - even if I hate gunho's treatment of the US server most of the time.

At least it's getting better for the US. Still a bit of a delay in versioning but the gifts and freebies are starting to catch up (the 10 tama mail gift notwithstanding).

I spent some time on my alt accounts. Their whole purpose is to ensure I have a complementary lead up whenever I need it. My first alt is actually multiplayer ready thanks to some rank grinding during the bonus XP event, my other alt is basically Sylvie but she's almost maxed making her a great friend with the Freyja I pulled last godfest.

Because of that I was able to power through Wadatsumi. It was a slog but it was also super safe. I used A. Freyja, A. Bastet (for the time extend and the quick skill activation), Vishnu, Verdandi, Perseus, Sylvie. The final blow required popping Freyja, Sylvie, and Bastet I managed to combo the whole board which 1 shotted Wadatsumi.

Now that that's clear I'm wondering if I have something to clear Kaguya-hime. No RCU is rough.

EDIT: looking at the current standings I think I'm going to throw my vote to Skuld. I need her and she'd fit well on every blue team I can make. PCGF will determine whether I save for You Yu or Xiang Mei. Basically if I get Uriel I'm hopping on the Xiang Mei hype train.

Lyrian

Oh nice! I was looking at the day 1 snapshot posted above. I too would prefer Astaroth getting some love. But I have more Zuoh's than I know what to do with so would prefer Ilm just to have it.

Looking at that list I'm missing 8 which is preferable odds given how much I plan on rolling.

My bad. Isis is definitely on the list. That's what happens when I hunt and peck for cards on the voting page. I'll edit the post above.

Fortunately, as ZeroAKA poins out, someone overnight got a working script to automate an easy to read list.

------------------
Midday, Day 2 of 4

The locks are well... hard locked now. There is a very significant gap between the locked cards and the bubble cards. At this point, voting is maybe down to 30 cards that are "in" or have a non-zero chance of being voted in.

The Bubble Situation ~ 1PM EST:

20) Indra 119
21) Raphael 118
22) FA Lucifer 115
23) Ilm 113
24) I&I 108
25) Gadius 106
26) Skuld 104
27) Ra 104
28) Blue Sonia 99
29) Loki 90
30) Kanna 87

J0dy77

My bad. Isis is definitely on the list. That's what happens when I hunt and peck for cards on the voting page. I'll edit the post above.

Fortunately, as ZeroAKA poins out, someone overnight got a working script to automate an easy to read list.

------------------
Midday, Day 2 of 4

The locks are well... hard locked now. There is a very significant gap between the locked cards and the bubble cards. At this point, voting is maybe down to 30 cards that are "in" or have a non-zero chance of being voted in.

The Bubble Situation ~ 1PM EST:

20) Indra 119
21) Raphael 118
22) FA Lucifer 115
23) Ilm 113
24) I&I 108
25) Gadius 106
26) Skuld 104
27) Ra 104
28) Blue Sonia 99
29) Loki 90
30) Kanna 87

Please please don't let Ra make it again. I pulled him 3 times last PCGF when I already had him.

I'm so torn with the Godfest. I have a good majority of the top picks and expecting another Uriel or Isis out of 20 potential cards is not going to happen. If it's 4x I'll dump what I have left and see what happens. I'm fully prepared for disappointment though. Never had good luck in any PCGF.

When does voting close? I'll throw mine to Indra to hope he creeps in.

divusrex

Please please don't let Ra make it again. I pulled him 3 times last PCGF when I already had him.

I'm so torn with the Godfest. I have a good majority of the top picks and expecting another Uriel or Isis out of 20 potential cards is not going to happen. If it's 4x I'll dump what I have left and see what happens. I'm fully prepared for disappointment though. Never had good luck in any PCGF.

When does voting close? I'll throw mine to Indra to hope he creeps in.

Voting closes on 5/22 (Sunday), so I'm assuming the cutoff will be 11:59 PM (right before midnight).

yami4ct

I'm not sure why Escha is getting D. Kali levels of votes. I expected it, because the community loves her, but I don't really understand it. D. Kali is a key sub on multiple top tier Arena 2 teams. Escha's main team, YomiDra, has long since fallen out of favor and arguably isn't all that good in Arena 2. Clearable, but there are better leads of her color. Panda has long since become the best dark lead and she really doesn't get a boost from Escha. You can't even point to a plethora of teams Escha boosts. She's pretty situational since OE has fallen a bit by the wayside once again. Akechi is far more key and versatile to every dark team at this point.

The only thing she really has is her 6* GFE status, but there are others that offer similar niche strength in that rarity. Scheat and Kanna fulfill similarly niche roles on teams as strong or stronger than Escha's and are also 6* GFE's. Escha is good, but I really don't get the 'king sub' status she's getting ascribed. The fact she's so high up and Gadius is a bubble pick is kinda shocking.

Top Bottom