• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

Speaking of powercreep, Star Justice Descended is a gigantic motherfucker of a dungeon. Pretty much all of your favorite bullshit dungeon mechanics find their way into it in some form or another.

Is that the one in there today? I can't figure out what the team restriction is, won't let any of my teams in.

Jagernaut

With RRH becoming a very good XM sub, I'm even closer to being able to run a XM team on my JP account. I really need to pull at least 1 Uriel. Maybe I should be hoarding stones for an Angel godfest now. Would be an upgrade from my Panda squad.

If I get a 2nd Uriel I'll buy Orchid. Right now I would have to use Gadius, Uriel, Laila, and RRH or Phoenix Rider.

Okamid3n

I had 5 stones, so I rolled because I wouldn't mind another greek god.

...DKali. Nice! I'll max her and throw her in my Sakuya team.

b33r

Should just be All Attrs Required

Yep that was it, forgot that I changed my 2nd Hermes from b/d to awoken so I didn't have dark on my all attribute team.

Anyways, that dungeon sucks, not in the mood right now, maybe later. I mean first floor has a resolve that gives you no awakenings and then next floor skill binds you and lowers matching time. I guess that's one way to get around 100% sbr...

Lyrian

I think we're getting to the point where the first round of MP dragons should be getting ults.

The screaming for Super Evos for the MP dragons should be starting any second now.

When 6 star evos of silver base cards start outperforming 9 star evos of 8 star base cards, I would believe that the torches and pitchforks are going to be raised awful quick.

The screaming for Super Evos for the MP dragons should be starting any second now.

When 6 star evos of silver base cards start outperforming 9 star evos of 8 star base cards, I would believe that the torches and pitchforks are going to be raised awful quick.

Good. Make my Yomi Dragon the SS dark lead I want. Expand her compatible types and give her more damage.

Bladelaw

If I get a 2nd Uriel I'll buy Orchid. Right now I would have to use Gadius, Uriel, Laila, and RRH or Phoenix Rider.

Just in case it helps. I cleared Arena 1 with XM(Arcline), Gadius (Genie), Uriel (Orochi), Valen (A. Ra), and RRH (Chiyome). Friend XM had Saria inherited. Haven't had the opportunity to give Arena 2 a shot with it though. I have swapped Valen out for Kiriko since.

EDIT: God damn do I hate resolve when I'm not expecting it. Shouten-Doji will fuck you up if you don't break resolve or stall through his status shield.

Lyrian

What's trash is this trend of having to chip a boss into a narrow health range to avoid being insta-killed on low difficulties. For Shouta-Doji, Legend is actually harder than Mythical because the target zone is only half as large that the player has to land on.

Bladelaw

What's trash is this trend of having to chip a boss into a narrow health range to avoid being insta-killed on low difficulties. For Shouta-Doji, Legend is actually harder than Mythical because the target zone is only half as large that the player has to land on.

My solution to that has been to stall until his 75% shield pops. I can usually safely burst to get him < 50% but > 20%. With XM a row plus 2 heart combos is safe with the 75% shield.

Alternatively just poke him until his status shield drops then delay him and wreck his ass. Both strats worked for me.

Lyrian

I got by him for the stone easily enough, just frustrating. Doubly so when using a green team, resulting in half damage, and still overkilling him when not even trying.

In hindsight, a delay probably would have been useful and solved a lot of headaches. Ended up love-tapping him constantly until at half life for an easy kill.

Three pulls on day 1:

Laila (meh)

6 star pull! .... Evo'd Fuma Kotato (grrrrrrrrrrrr) [at least that was the first ninja in nearly 700 days played]

Evo'd grape dragon ( ##^&@&!!!)

And all of Greek 2 still continues to completely elude me /sigh

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3 Pulls:

Sumire No. 4 (Yikes - im already commited to Sumire, so i dont need more convincing lol)
Exa-Hydra (once a shitty pull, now a nice skill inheritance Fodder)
Sherias ( new GFE...erm ok)

Got a bunch of useful dupes on my main (Ryune, Saria, Castor, Sumire). I need to look in to a Sumire team since one of my BFs is all in on him and has a hyper one up all the time.

My alt got Sherias. Would have loved him on my main for potential use in a Sephiroth team, but not sure how to use him on my alt. Might try to lead with him, but don't know how great he is.

LuffyZoro

I got Persephone, Ares, and DKali, all of which were new and good. Then I also got a second Fenrir and some silver trash, which is less good.

Giard

3 rolls yesterday:

Beast Rider (New)
Neptune (Dupe)
Alcyone (New)

Don't know what I'll do with a second Neptune, but I'm happy overall.

smbu2000

Speaking of powercreep, Star Justice Descended is a gigantic motherfucker of a dungeon. Pretty much all of your favorite bullshit dungeon mechanics find their way into it in some form or another.
OMG, that dungeon sucks so much. I screwed up so many times on it before finally clearing it. I was using a Rukia/YY combo and getting things to go right is a pain.

Skyfalls screwing me over on the first floor, which led to death on the second floor. Used Orochi on the 3rd floor for an easy clear. 4th isn't too bad. 5th after his dark absorb ends, he binds your dark characters for 7 turns...uhhh...HP isn't too high but if his absorb gets you and leaves only a little HP he does a super attack. Used A.SQ to stall on the pre-boss and then had to stall and whittle down the boss to get rid of his resolve.

So many gimmicks...I don't want to try this one anymore...

Pulled a little during the GF:
iPad: Hanzo (3rd dupe, sold), Grodin (dupe, took 15k MP) and Haku (#4, sold). I'm still saving up for YY, so not bad overall with the Grodin MP.

iPhone: Pandora (dupe, will make uuevo ver. this time), Saria (#3, not sure keep or sell)

Okamid3n

Well I sure am getting a lot of random BFs now that I have a maxed out Pandora. Hah.

It's funny, because I'd rather save my BF for unusual leads. Pandora is the opposite of rare.

hermit7

One roll on day 2 mori, who is new for me. Not sure where I will use him (have a max skilled blonia) but seems like he could be decent at the least.

Lyrian

/sigh

This week's Descended Challenge - Journey to the West for a Badpy.
Next week's Descended Challenge - Journey to the West for a Bad...tan. (top floor of challenge as well)

Really, GungHo?

b33r

/sigh

This week's Descended Challenge - Journey to the West for a Badpy.
Next week's Descended Challenge - Journey to the West for a Bad...tan. (top floor of challenge as well)

Really, GungHo?

Wow all tan rewards, I'd rather have jewels...

Day 1:
Blue Knight, Muse
Hatsume no Tsubone

Day 2:
Archangel Lucifer
Earth Dragon Swordsman (Uhh, SwordsMAN?)

I have both of the regular Lucifers now, which one is better?

Jagernaut

I'm tired of these dual bosses when I only need 1 of them for skillups. I'm trying to skill up Spica and I'm getting way too many of the useless fire boss.

Lyrian

I'm tired of these dual bosses when I only need 1 of them for skillups. I'm trying to skill up Spica and I'm getting way too many of the useless fire boss.

Would you rather:

1) A dual boss floor skillup for a card that has needs 5-6 skillups to max? (Ex: Constellation 1/2)

or

2) A mono boss floor skillup for a card that needs 10-12 skillups to max? (Ex: Indian 2)

It is all the same in the end. Only the perspective to the player has changed. Probably, GH realized that making players work twice as hard for half the skillups will convince more players to farm skillups for the card ("It's only 5 skillups"), whereas most people would look at a card that required 10-15+ skillups and go "nope" right at the start.

b33r

Would you rather:

1) A dual boss floor skillup for a card that has needs 5-6 skillups to max? (Ex: Constellation 1/2)

or

2) A mono boss floor skillup for a card that needs 10-12 skillups to max? (Ex: Indian 2)

It is all the same in the end. Only the perspective to the player has changed. Probably, GH realized that making players work twice as hard for half the skillups will convince more players to farm skillups for the card ("It's only 5 skillups"), whereas most people would look at a card that required 10-15+ skillups and go "nope" right at the start.

Ugh I still need to skill up my second Vishnu someday... On the other hand, I was going to pii my second Akechi eventually, because the first one was more than a chore, but his skill up was voted in dark carnival in JP. So I'll just wait for that here instead.

Edit: I grinded coins a bit on my accounts and made enough for one more pull on each.

Main - dupe Verdandi, will keep and good for inheritance.

Alt - I got two for this one, grimrock (fucking sold) and a water Dragon swordsman... This one I may inherit on awoken Isis as it unbinds 3 turns and breaks hearts. Also helps with skill delay.

JP - Sumire, nice! First one on any account. Will help my You Yu team and be a fun lead to play around with. Seems like I get better rolls on this account and I really only play it to mess around.

Spoit

So can someone talk to me about A. Pandora Arena 1 teams? The ideal team is Panda/A loki/Akechi/ DD haku/ Uvo panda right?

Is Zuoh an okay replacement for Akechi, or do the orb enhances really make a huge difference, with the a. loki boost?

Can you swap out Lu Bu for A loki? Actually, I'm not sure if my other account even has a chance to begin with: https://www.padherder.com/user/Spoit

Jagernaut

Would you rather:

or

I prefer choice 2. I max skilled Krishna and Vishnu and I like knowing that the boss is a guaranteed drop. With Spica I'm getting the right boss drop a third of the time so less attempts to even have a chance at a skill up.

I only like dual bosses when I can use both for skillups and even then it's not even. I max skilled Belial but only got a few Amon skillups at the same time.

yami4ct

So can someone talk to me about A. Pandora Arena 1 teams? The ideal team is Panda/A loki/Akechi/ DD haku/ Uvo panda right?

Is Zuoh an okay replacement for Akechi, or do the orb enhances really make a huge difference, with the a. loki boost?

Can you swap out Lu Bu for A loki? Actually, I'm not sure if my other account even has a chance to begin with: https://www.padherder.com/user/Spoit

I would argue the ideal is Panda/Zuoh/Akechi/D. Valk (Or Hanzo)/ UUvo Panda/Panda

You don't need Loki enough to keep him on the team full time. If you really want his burst, equip him. Akechi is perhaps the single most valuable card on the team. The OE especially when paired with Zuoh is almost like a Loki active every 8 turns. You don't need 2 board change actives in the end, especially for Arena. A 5 turn orb change, on the other hand, is absolutely invaluable.

Okamid3n

Finally beat Arena 1 with my Panda team, then I went to beat solo mythical+ Devil Rush with the same team. Good times.

I used A.Luci / A.Persephone / DDHaku / Akechi. Luci is there for easy fatty dragon + the awesome awakenings + god killer, but I don't know if I should switch him out for something else.

Options to switch Luci out :
A.Yomi inheriting a damage enhance for time extend, +orb awakenings and burst.
Zaerog8.
Hanzo.
Another Akechi (currently inherited on Akechi to give him a skill delay shield)

I think A.Yomi would be pretty great, because I desperately need more +orb and time extend awakenings.

hermit7

Logged on today and got my 1000 days.

Gonna save the memorial tama, no need to squander it but I can't believe that I am still playing this game.

Also ran arena with xm and beat it for the first time. Even got a flampy for xm #2 which needs 2 more for hyper.

Not sure where i am going to go with my next team, maybe start using some plus eggs on some blue cards. Though I don't have a really great lead for any of them.

One roll on day 2 mori, who is new for me. Not sure where I will use him (have a max skilled blonia) but seems like he could be decent at the least.

Not sure where i am going to go with my next team, maybe start using some plus eggs on some blue cards. Though I don't have a really great lead for any of them.
Mori is a very good Blonia sub but XM does a better job of tanky row team so it's probably not worth it if you have to build it up from scratch.

saichi

Need some help on teams.

1. I've using A. Pandora or A. Lucifer as my lead with subs like DD Pandora, A D. Calk, A Okuni, Izanami. Recently I finally got Yomi. Should I make A. Yomi and use him as lead or sub? I also have DD Haku and D/B Persephone. No Akechi or Zuoh though.

2. I got Persus, Verdandi, and Green Angel, Ruel in my recent rolls along with what I had previously - Spica, Australis, Wonder Woman,Masamune. Osiris. Plus I used to want to make a A Parvarti team with Sasuke, A. Ausano, A. Michael, and A. Green Sonia. Is there a decent top tier green team in there somewhere with the green cards I have?

smbu2000

First try at it and cleared! Legendary Earth: challenge mode.

IMG_6498legendearth_zpsuy2f4tmr.jpg

I also cleared Legendary Seaway as well with the same team.

Rukia is from my iPad and I have Ryune's 2turn/2x water/dark enhance skill on her, which is why I used her on the team. Didn't really have any enhanced orbs on my final attack.

unrealist

I am curious about "Meta" because my friend's A Lucifer account and my A Pandora account seems powerful enough to tackle a lot of content .. sometimes even Arena 1

Are these "meta" even way more powerful or the flavor of the month? Or simply misleading that only the meta teams are the way to go forward?

Ducarmel

A lot of the time it is flavor of the month but there clearly are cards that are just so good and its indisputable that they are the best leader in the game Kaede, XM, and Ra Dragon are by some objective measure the best leaders in the game.

That said Luci, A Pandora teams will clear most content. For the extremely stupid hard stuff I imagine with some creativity latents and skill inheritance can push them to clear those dungeons with zero or few stones.

yami4ct

I am curious about "Meta" because my friend's A Lucifer account and my A Pandora account seems powerful enough to tackle a lot of content .. sometimes even Arena 1

Are these "meta" even way more powerful or the flavor of the month? Or simply misleading that only the meta teams are the way to go forward?

Ducarmel mostly covered it. Lower tiers are mostly flavor of the month. Tier lists are mostly created based on the most difficult of content possible, so being able to clear a lot of content isn't good enough. The top tier or 2 are definitely the most powerful in the game, from there it's preference.

There's also a lot of different criteria that shift things around. Single Player, Panda is the better lead than Luci, but most tier lists are boosting Co-Op leads and Luci is better there. Thus, he's higher on most lists.

Okamid3n

I just beat Arena 1 twice in a row with my Panda team, green py both times.

Green is the only color I don't use at all, go figure.

Top Bottom