• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Fire and dark Shibamaru to be added to carnivals. About time!
Sanada and Akechi approve.

Can't wait for it to reach the US (unless this is a US announcement?). Hopefully it'll be something you can run during 2x drops to consistently grab. Man does the skill up system in the game suck.

Fire and dark Shibamaru to be added to carnivals. About time!

Nice! I need both on my alt account, and could stand to skill up my 3rd akechi. Don't know where I'd put that skill, but I'll use it somewhere.

Putting up Typhon for Rixa seemed to get me a new BF add for Typhon. Looks like I'll be keeping him up. Decided to try the team out, first time since getting my dupe Pandora. I cleared Sonia Gran in descend challenge first try, not breaking a sweat. Man, that's a fun team and super underrated.

I think PADx is predicting it'll start Friday. Greco and Mechanical star day 1 with Sherias and Baldin making their debut. Unconfirmed, but they're usually right.

Jagernaut

Anybody available for some coop? Need to clear out some rushes and roguelikes for the stones. XM/Dmeta/Lkali/Blonia/Bastet/Pandora

I am looking for someone to coop with and get the completion stones for Pirate Dragons, Mystic Dragons, and Dragon Knights. 125 stamina to complete each one. Awoken Pandora or Yomi Dragon teams preferred. Nights only, later this week.

Static@GAF

ZeroAKA

I am looking for someone to coop with and get the completion stones for Pirate Dragons, Mystic Dragons, and Dragon Knights. 125 stamina to complete each one. Awoken Pandora or Yomi Dragon teams preferred. Nights only, later this week.

Static@GAF
I have Awoken Pandora and want to complete those as well. Can we do it during the weekend?

Sent you an invite (0AKA@GAF).

Lyrian

I think PADx is predicting it'll start Friday. Greco and Mechanical star day 1 with Sherias and Baldin making their debut. Unconfirmed, but they're usually right.

Expanding upon this with the Official GH Post:

Day 1 (Fri): Greek 2, Mechanical 2
Day 2 (Sat): Heroes, Mechanical 1

Gala of Tides active both days. Both new GFEs present.

I can run some stuff with A. Pandora. Add me on Discord: Dr_LawyerCop
#6284 or PM me here to set up a time. Usually evenings are better for me.

Static@GAF
I'll see if I can catch up with you two on Thursday/Friday evening.

J0dy77

Expanding upon this with the Official GH Post:

Day 1 (Fri): Greek 2, Mechanical 2
Day 2 (Sat): Heroes, Mechanical 1

Gala of Tides active both days. Both new GFEs present.

:(

No chance for me to be disappointed with not getting a a second Uriel.

Bladelaw

I'm basically taking this weekend off so I should be up to coop if people need to rotate due to stamina.
Leads include:
(Hyper) Xiang Mei
(Hyper) Rukia
(Hyper) A. Panda
AAD Luci
A. Shiva
A. Freyja
Typhon
(Hyper) A. Bastet
(Hyper) Yomidra

I'm tempted to pull on Greek 2. I could use Hermes on any number of teams (and You Yu eventually). Not going to go crazy since I have teams that can meet pretty much any requirement. I managed to have enough stamina to clear out last rotations coin dungeons which was nice.

Also I can finally put my curse of blue trifruits to use now that I have Blonia. I went 8 for 8 this morning burning stamina before work. Only 2 skillups though.

[News] [JP] To celebrate YamaP twitter account verified status, YamaP will stream his godfest pulls on 6/17 3PM~. Whatever he gets will be buffed

DISCLAIMER: YamaP did not actually think about what happens if the monster he gets has split evolutions
What could go wrong?

Lyrian

What could go wrong?

Fruit Dragon Uevos! ROFL

cw_sasuke said:
The King is dead, lend of an era....sell you RaDras, DKalis etc. - he is trashy S-Rank now, basically fodder.

Welp, the XM era was short lived. She was on top of the heap for... 2 weeks maybe before being demoted to "scrub" status? (XM is now S tier solo, A tier multiplayer)

Now, there is only.... Kaede.

Bladelaw

Fruit Dragon Uevos! ROFL

Welp, the XM era was short lived. She was on top of the heap for... 2 weeks maybe before being demoted to "scrub" status? (XM is now S tier solo, A tier multiplayer)

Now, there is only.... Kaede.

Tier lists are funny.

Hopefully NA gets to play with the new hotness before dungeons are built to counter that meta. My Sumire system is almost off the ground, just waiting for skill ups.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
GungHo neglected Wood units in general and the Crossheart Leads for like a whole year - Kaede wont be topped anytime soon. Even if there are new Bosses that can screw over the shield mechanic...nothing that an extra utility sub couldnt take care off. Heart Meta is here to stay.

Quantum

I've never put too much faith in tier lists - they change all of the time.

If I did I would have run RaDra, but I really don't like the style of play (maybe I'm just not good enough with A.Ra)

I've always played the teams I like to play and get frustrated that the end game isn't designed to be enjoyed with any type of play.

its a minor gripe though because that represents only like 5% of the time I play anyway.

My first team used a Loki lead - I was never able to roll a great lead in the beginning so I just stuck with it. I lasted just over a year before I IAP'd - my first pack was to this day one of my luckiest - haku followed by lubu became my leads until Blonia.

I was playing row with Blonia for over a year before messing around with dqxq (but still using LuBu for KOtG exp farming)

then A.Shiva was my main and second hyper (after blonia) - While runing A.Shiva I think I got 20+ best friends - it was a very popular lead for about ten minutes - My first MP dragon was ShivaD - this basically replaced A.Shiva for good.

Blonia had a bit of a resurgence with her uvo until I pulled a Ryune. Ryune, Blonia and Shiva D lasted for many months.

I tried to like Apanda and Aluci but I didn't really like the playstyle and didn't have key dark subs.

recently rolling those key subs didn't really matter - because of orchid which has now dominated how I play after a small learning curve.

I have the MP for a second orchid, but probably wont buy it because of how strong the team is already - likely just save mp for the next big thing or more likely - a novel way to play thats fun.

TLDR - a brief history of time, not written by a smart man in a wheelchair.

Bladelaw

If I did I would have run RaDra, but I really don't like the style of play (maybe I'm just not good enough with A.Ra)

I've always played the teams I like to play and get frustrated that the end game isn't designed to be enjoyed with any type of play.

its a minor gripe though because that represents only like 5% of the time I play anyway.

My first team used a Loki lead - I was never able to roll a great lead in the beginning so I just stuck with it. I lasted just over a year before I IAP'd - my first pack was to this day one of my luckiest - haku followed by lubu became my leads until Blonia.

I was playing row with Blonia for over a year before messing around with dqxq (but still using LuBu for KOtG exp farming)

then A.Shiva was my main and second hyper (after blonia) - While runing A.Shiva I think I got 20+ best friends - it was a very popular lead for about ten minutes - My first MP dragon was ShivaD - this basically replaced A.Shiva for good.

Blonia had a bit of a resurgence with her uvo until I pulled a Ryune. Ryune, Blonia and Shiva D lasted for many months.

I tried to like Apanda and Aluci but I didn't really like the playstyle and didn't have key dark subs.

recently rolling those key subs didn't really matter - because of orchid which has now dominated how I play after a small learning curve.

I have the MP for a second orchid, but probably wont buy it because of how strong the team is already - likely just save mp for the next big thing or more likely - a novel way to play thats fun.

I'm right there with you. I bought into the RaDra hype. I can play it ok and I've done well enough but my consistency is poor. I bring him out specifically so I can get better at finding "solutions" to boards. When I really want to Puzzle instead of smash There's no better lead to play.

I have a fondness for combo leads over rainbows leads mostly because orb trolling is much less of a factor and your ability to combo counts for so much more. Anubis is pretty much the only exception because the skill threshold is just too high for me to get decent performance. Rukia hits the sweet spot between ease of use and power to keep the game engaging while not overly frustrating (BS dungeons notwithstanding) for me at least.

The Cross Heart leads are interesting because they ask you to do something different with the board over the usual combo/TPA/Row to get the most out of them. The real trick to them is board space management. XM has this a little bit as fitting a row and 3 heart combos isn't always trivial especially given how few TE are available on a non dupe XM team.

Apanda and ALuci are lazy teams. With the right subs it can be a boring team to play. I use A Panda to clear dailies and Luci when I need the true damage instead.

I find I'm gravitating more towards safer teams that take longer to clear dungeons but do so much more reliably. Once we get the Sumire/Kaede Uevos it'll be interesting to compare the playstyle with XM given that their survivability is entirely contingent on hearts on the board and not a massive HP pool.

b33r

My path started out similar. Starting roll was dqxq, played her until I rolled Urd and some other nice fire subs. That team was able to farm KoG easily and took me through many of the easier descends. Made my first awoken, Shiva, and was able to beat even more descends. When I rolled my third Ares, I sold a chunk of my box and bought Shiva Dragon and he took me through most of the rest of the game.

When I rolled Escha after already having Haku, Akechi, and many other nice dark cards, I bought Yomi Dragon. Him and Luci have helped getting me through some stuff Shiva Dragon couldn't.

I don't iap a lot, but I did roll a pack and a half chasing Rukia, who I love on my JP account. I knew it was a bad idea and I got nothing good, rage sold all of the pulls. My luck I suppose since on JP I got her with a yolo roll. Which is one of the reasons I have enough for another mp card, and I will be buying You Yu.

I have a Yomi Dragon and Luci on my alt, that used to be my son's account, that I can pair with in co-op. I sell anything that doesn't help a current team on that account or benefit my main account. So I almost have enough mp on that account for You Yu as well. I could sell one of the Rodins I have and get there (never can pull one on my main...). But that is my plan for future co-op, You Yu is really strong in co-op and can probably help me get that machine Zeus for the accounts at some point.

Edit: As far as Ra Dragon, don't have the subs and don't enjoy rainbow leads. Xiang Mei, no subs and as safe as she is to play, she doesn't look that fun to me. I didn't like Gadius when I tried him out for a bit.

Lyrian

Keade just destroying all tier list.

Pretty much.

The list seems to really be:

-- Kaede Tier
-- Old SS tier leads that Kaede shames
-- "Participation Prize" leads there only for the sake that at least a few cards are remotely listed as plausible in the game.

Seriously though, I personally chuckle at the tier lists. The lists shift so fast nowadays, that I can't even remotely justify myself investing in many of these cards just for the sake of being on top of the pile. The disappointment from falling out of favor of the meta is so fast that chasing the tier list is an entirely futile endeavor. Heck, I'd rather spend my MP on a card that would be a key plug sub than one that would be an outdated leader, as leader skill power creep is always happening.

Bladelaw

Pretty much.

The list seems to really be:

-- Kaede Tier
-- Old SS tier leads that Kaede shames
-- "Participation Prize" leads there only for the sake that at least a few cards are remotely listed as plausible in the game.

Seriously though, I personally chuckle at the tier lists. The lists shift so fast nowadays, that I can't even remotely justify myself investing in many of these cards just for the sake of being on top of the pile. The disappointment from falling out of favor of the meta is so fast that chasing the tier list is an entirely futile endeavor. Heck, I'd rather spend my MP on a card that would be a key plug sub than one that would be an outdated leader, as leader skill power creep is always happening.

I think YomiDra serves as a good template for a solid MP purchase. She can be used as a solid lead clearing an enormous amount of content, then transition into a vital sub that plugs a critical hole in a lot of teams (quick orb generation, haste, and bind clearing). I'd prefer more MP critters follow that line.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tier most of the time just means that there is a new lead/team that does something even better than what we had before. Most of the Top Tier leads can clear all the content with the right team... its not like RaDra for example got worse because of Kaede or can clear less stuff lol.

Im happy to see Kaede at the top though

- Wood lead finally
- i liked the cross heart mechanic before it was "cool" lol
- also its the first time since the MP units were unveiled that a non MP unit sits at the top ....feels good.

The last point made PaD more boring than before since most people are just working toward the MP leads and meta teams and its gotten difficult to get different friendleads over the time. Glad to see regular Gacha units at the top again.

I think YomiDra serves as a good template for a solid MP purchase. She can be used as a solid lead clearing an enormous amount of content, then transition into a vital sub that plugs a critical hole in a lot of teams (quick orb generation, haste, and bind clearing). I'd prefer more MP critters follow that line.

I agree.
I bought Yomidra and still am happy with that purchase...the 2nd set of MP units is more difficult to justify for me because they are only useful as leads and shitty subs.

Wish I had Kaede I would have a pretty sweet team for her.

Simulator.

Yomidra was a fantastic purchase for me. Not regretting my XM purchase either because she's helping me clear everything I couldn't with my Yomidra team.

Bladelaw

I think the reason we'll continue to see MP leads as high tier (if not top) is due to their availability. Even the whaliest whale can get skunked by the REM (yukizgamez spent near 2K for Gkali and got nothing), but the MP will allow you to buy into something very strong without RNGesus blessing you. As a result their availability will be more consistent than an SS tier 6* GFE.

Though it's nice to have a card to shoot for in the REM again. Kaede system OP as fuck.

Lyrian

I agree. Of all the MP dragons, Yomidra seems to be best fitted for life after leader obsolescence.

I'm waiting to see what buffs Beach Claire gets when PAD Summer Party comes around again. As Athena and Isis received buffs with the redux of PAD Academy, Claire should be on the receiving end of some buffs later this summer.
cw_sasuke said:
The 2nd set of MP units is more difficult to justify for me because they are only useful as leads and shitty subs.

Also agree. I believe that the MP dragons is like the gateway for trying to convince players that once they buy MP cards, that they always need to buy the next and shiny MP card to keep pace with the meta.

b33r

Man, desire sensor is real. Used all natural stamina today on alt to skill up Blonia, tried to trick it with going into dungeon with dark lead. Got mostly blue masks as usual, until I was one away from max skill. Rest of the day literally nothing but red and green...

At least I have some Urds to try and skill up.

Edit: YamaP rolled and these cards will get buffed.

His rolls:

* Dragonette
* Zweihander
* Izanagi
* Diadem
* Red Riding Hood

Apparently they will buff all these cards per Reddit and translations. I am interested in Izanagi buff barely, but not much else. Funny he got no GFE on his rolls and mostly crap.

b33r

Pad guide made a sound on my phone and woke me up, I don't remember it doing that before.

I rolled the stones I had saved, crap to mp on main, crap on alt except for persephone. She should help both Yomi Dragon and Luci teams if I make the d/r one.

Something at least.

Man, desire sensor is real. Used all natural stamina today on alt to skill up Blonia, tried to trick it with going into dungeon with dark lead. Got mostly blue masks as usual, until I was one away from max skill. Rest of the day literally nothing but red and green...

At least I have some Urds to try and skill up.

Edit: YamaP rolled and these cards will get buffed.

His rolls:

* Dragonette
* Zweihander
* Izanagi
* Diadem
* Red Riding Hood

Apparently they will buff all these cards per Reddit and translations. I am interested in Izanagi buff barely, but not much else. Funny he got no GFE on his rolls and mostly crap.
I appreciate the extra rows to Fafnir (Liu Bei sub?), Diadem, and RRH. Got a little excited for the Zweihander buff until I remembered how dumb her original LS is. Don't have Izanagi.

YamaP's rolls are hilarious. Some of the buffs look good, which I guess means there's slightly less troll rolls.

Think I'm rolling day 2 of this godfest, but probably only a couple courtesy rolls. Need my stones for +eggs.

Bladelaw

RRH is some kind of hyper tank lead now. With cross heart she's 9/6.25/9

I'll gladly take the extra rows for my XM team.

Two rolls: Zweihander and Gabriel. I can actually use Gabe too.

linsivvi

Surprised it's not just some lame buff. Yeah did they even test them?

Izanagi is now a conditional 10.5x lead, and it's not even his awoken form. So while the condition makes it very unlikely to be a viable end game lead, the eventual awoken form will be unthinkable.

Lyrian

ROFLMAO!

I'm absolutely dying here over Fenrir.

All in one buff, he is almost a complete combination of Australis + Kaede. This is beyond stupid.

4 rows on a silver? No problem!
**Full** UEvo Kaede heart cross buff added? Why not?

Fenrir/Perseus/Freyja/Gonia/Michael/Fenrir

That's 17 rows... which makes the team effectively: 4/97.2/4 (36x * 2.7) for a heart cross and a single row. Inherit someone like Sylvie on Fenrir to cover up that AS. (104.4x if Michael is swapped for Australis; 19 rows)

Keade didn't need to be at the top of the tier list for long, now did she?

Lyrian

Diadem is like a Shivadra level farming lead now. My alt has 2, so that's going to be a stupid easy farming team.

Several of these buffs outright equals MP dragons or in some cases surpassed them in power (except RaDra). Still shaking my head trying to comprehend this.

Several of these buffs outright equals MP dragons or in some cases surpassed them in power (except RaDra). Still shaking my head trying to comprehend this.

I'm really surprised how substantial the buffs were. L/D Izanagi is a real solid farming lead now, especially for co-op. I think we're getting to the point where the first round of MP dragons should be getting ults. Powercreep and everything in co-op is going to make the game a lot less difficult.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Hey, XM Hype bug got me, so i scrounged up what mp I had and jump in head first.
Un-evo Xiang Mei if any XM wants a friend
applesauce

Thing is, Descended Journey to the West is giving me such a hard time, I am unsure I will be able to get a Zhu Bajie for the last piece I need to evo her. The non Descended version of it might be easier? I guess.

Speaking of powercreep, Star Justice Descended is a gigantic motherfucker of a dungeon. Pretty much all of your favorite bullshit dungeon mechanics find their way into it in some form or another.

yami4ct

With RRH becoming a very good XM sub, I'm even closer to being able to run a XM team on my JP account. I really need to pull at least 1 Uriel. Maybe I should be hoarding stones for an Angel godfest now. Would be an upgrade from my Panda squad.

Top Bottom