• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I'm very interested since I have Liu Bei. Can Avalon Drake replace one Zeus Dios?

Possibly. It all depends on the dungeon and how fast you want your clears to be. I know a few builds have Avalon drake to deal with combo shields. Once people start playing it in NA and I see more videos I'll have a better grasp of how it works. I think the best way to go is pick a rogue you want to farm, see which side of the team build you can build, and find other people that have the other team. You don't need to be able to build a team for all of them, as just being able to push button one is going to be insane. Finding a partner could be a pain, but I think this is going to be the next big thing in NA pad and you'll see a ton of people running him. And it won't be a flavor of the month thing since I don't know if anything is going to surpass this type of farming anytime soon.

I just joined a discord channel that's for co-op LB farming, but I'm not sure if it's going to be super active or how useful it'll be once he gets here. If I'm having luck with it I'll definitely share it here.

Ok so I have a Hyper G/R Liu Bei I'll be swapping to awoken since pretty much every green team he was on has been dismantled. Bummer about the skill loss but I can always buy the Pys to make up for it lol.

I have true damage, a poisoner, and pretty much any other flex one would need to clear pretty much anything you'd want to button anyway. Sounds like it's time to farm up a bunch of Dios skill ups. I really do hate the base skill up rate. 3x even feels too stingy.

Tengu is really useful if you haven't skilled one yet. Luckily I'm a skill or two away from maxing mine. Did him whenever we had 10x and his dungeon.

Jagernaut

Max skilling Tengu is to shorten the cooldown of inherited skills, right?

I want to first farm Z8 (haven't skilled him yet) with Liu Bei.

Bladelaw

Max skilling Tengu is to shorten the cooldown of inherited skills, right?

I want to first farm Z8 (haven't skilled him yet) with Liu Bei.

That and dealing with a damage shield (Sopdet-like) being able to basically ditch a multiplier at will can be real handy.

Another thing, skilling up Zeus Dios isn't going to be as bad now that we can co-op it for half stamina. I'll probably be running it non-stop the next time it comes around if anyone is looking for people to run it with.

Bladelaw

I need to clean out my box. I'm a perpetual hoarder. I'm holding on to a ton of stuff "just in case". As a result I'm sitting on almost all of Miru's evo mats. Once I can pare down the number of tans I'm holding on to I should be ok for storing skill up fodder until the next 3x skill up.

As a general rule I keep 5 of each annoying to get evo material, for tans I'm thinking 6 of each color (this way you can inherit pretty much any mono color thing on a whim and any bi-color thing as well). I'm banking the tans from the 3K challenge in the mail until I need them.

If I actually do this I could probably free up about 20 slots. I'm probably holding on to a bunch of unnecessary descend drops too.

Jagernaut

Another thing, skilling up Zeus Dios isn't going to be as bad now that we can co-op it for half stamina. I'll probably be running it non-stop the next time it comes around if anyone is looking for people to run it with.

Is Green Bowl Dragon more efficient for Dios skillups?

Now that almost everything is coop at half stamina, I ran Super King Carnival in coop and got tons of xp.

hermit7

Beat the new grass dragon with XM. Failed once because I went in blind. Ended up using delay and pinging before bursting on the tama floor.

Stalled on the last floor until the shield was gone and then burst. Without a lot of hours that is difficult (there is like a 44k hit) every 2 turns or so.

linsivvi

Is Green Bowl Dragon more efficient for Dios skillups?

Now that almost everything is coop at half stamina, I ran Super King Carnival in coop and got tons of xp.

Yeah...being able to run urgent dungeons for the whole day at half stamina is definitely the best thing about this patch.

b33r

I made awoken dqxq, had to use a mat I was saving for You Yu, but I have another I can evolve. It's pretty damn easy to activate the 100x and she hits hard. Definite glass cannon though. I haven't really developed my light box, so I will do that on the side to create viable subs. She's fun to play, but I don't really see this team helping me beat anything I can't already though.

On a side note, the mat I had saved for You Yu had over a hundred plus eggs on it. In the past I would have been annoyed, but they are so much easier to get these days that I'm not even mad. I would have plussed dqxq eventually anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks GungHo for killing all my desire to even start APandora now - nearly a month after PCGF they still cant bother to put up Aamir Desc :-/ Even worse considering he just got an Uevo...really dont understand their Desc. schedule.

Lyrian

Three arena clear, three green pys.

What did I do to deserve this.

Wish I could trade piis with you. I'll take green ones all day.

Cleared Sevenzard first try. Wasn't really expecting to win with lowly Team Green, yet I did. Surviving for 7 rounds to get a clear kill shot was rather hairy to endure.

Lyrian

Thanks GungHo for killing all my desire to even start APandora now - nearly a month after PCGF they still cant bother to put up Aamir Desc :-/ Even worse considering he just got an Uevo...really dont understand their Desc. schedule.

I Uevo'd my Aamir right before I pulled Pandora. Ugh. Would be stupid to throw away jewels reversing that, given that he is just a basic descend drop.

There's probably going to be some PAD riots this week if Aamir isn't on the descend schedule for the next event.

Lyrian

Next event officially announced:

-- 3x XP Chance / 3x Skillups
-- Daily stone via mail
-- Experience of a Biweekly
-- Fruit Dragon (3k mp)
-- Usual latent and tamadra invades in their respective dungeons
-- 2.5 days of each Flower Dragon in color sequence (at permanent 2x drop, 3x invade)
-- 10x descends (event oddly calls out that only Rushes and Rogues in Coins get 10x pluses besides daily descends; 10x is disabled if a descend is played multiplayer)

-- Challenge Dungeons (Set 26; rewards still unknown)

-- June Bride Dungeon for 2 weeks starting on the 27th.

Lyrian

Also, as I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, in the 9.1 patch, GH sent over the full set of gala exclusive "Great Heroes" (Nobunaga, Robin Hood, etc) and all of the PAD Cross cards. Seems like PAD Cross will be the next event after the June Bride event this coming week.

Bladelaw

I weep for my wallet. I want some of those card quite badly. Both Bride and Great Heroes.

is 3x Dios happening? That would be swell. I really need to be better about planning my goals for events like this.

I plan on finishing Gabriel's skillups (only need 2) since he can have a home on any number of blue teams (especially Sumire). If Dios is an option (looks like it is) getting enough Dios to the right skill levels for A. Liu Bei is likely my next priority. Otherwise I'll try to max skill Alcyone and Algedi.

If the skill up boost isn't applicable during Dios day I'm going to have to make some annoying choices about box space.

cw_sasuke

I Uevo'd my Aamir right before I pulled Pandora. Ugh. Would be stupid to throw away jewels reversing that, given that he is just a basic descend drop.

There's probably going to be some PAD riots this week if Aamir isn't on the descend schedule for the next event.

Just checked PDX..seems like he will be back in 12 days...lol. They really took their time with this one.
I weep for my wallet. I want some of those card quite badly. Both Bride and Great Heroes.

is 3x Dios happening? That would be swell. I really need to be better about planning my goals for events like this.

I plan on finishing Gabriel's skillups (only need 2) since he can have a home on any number of blue teams (especially Sumire). If Dios is an option (looks like it is) getting enough Dios to the right skill levels for A. Liu Bei is likely my next priority. Otherwise I'll try to max skill Alcyone and Algedi.

If the skill up boost isn't applicable during Dios day I'm going to have to make some annoying choices about box space.

3x skillup starts tomorrow and we will have Zeus Dios(in 2days) and Hera Beorc(in 3days) this event - Happy Farming.

Bladelaw

Reddit tip: Uevo Hera-Beorc has skill ups in the Bride dungeon. If you have one it's worth skilling up. 2 wood rows, 2 wood OE, and a skill boost are better than the awakenings on the Bride drop. This applies to Uevo Beorc only.

Don't have one? Run co-op Ultimate Hera Rush (XM teams crush this coop), or wait till the 27th for her descend. She's a great addition to button A. Liu Bei/Dios teams.

EDIT: SASUKE!!!!

Going to try and skill up 4 Dios. Going to go hard Sunday and monday in co-op. If I have coins left I'd love to roll a couple times in the june bride REM. I want light Akechi.

Bladelaw

Going to try and skill up 4 Dios. Going to go hard Sunday and monday in co-op. If I have coins left I'd love to roll a couple times in the june bride REM. I want light Akechi.

You and me both. I'm going to see if I can block off some time Sunday. During 1/2 stam dailies I farmed up 30 million coins so I should be ok there. Stones...well I'm planning on a pack hoping for Akechi. My alt can coop Dios with me if people aren't around but I'd rather run with folks who need/want to do this.

You and me both. I'm going to see if I can block off some time Sunday. During 1/2 stam dailies I farmed up 30 million coins so I should be ok there. Stones...well I'm planning on a pack hoping for Akechi. My alt can coop Dios with me if people aren't around but I'd rather run with folks who need/want to do this.

My wife is going to be out of town, so I've got all of Sunday free. Just message me on discord if you want to farm it. I can do it with my alt, but I'm sure using one of my actual main teams will be faster.

I co-op with my alt using a Rodin/R.Valk pairing that's pretty good for easy content.

welp, looks like a new goal to go for, seeing how I still have some Zeus-Dios and some Hera-Beorcs, after I pulled a Liu Bei a couple weeks ago

Right after all the other goals I need to do in this game

Bladelaw

My wife is going to be out of town, so I've got all of Sunday free. Just message me on discord if you want to farm it. I can do it with my alt, but I'm sure using one of my actual main teams will be faster.

I co-op with my alt using a Rodin/R.Valk pairing that's pretty good for easy content.

Really the only pain I could see is having to deal with box management between runs. I'm trying to clear out enough space to hold 5 runs worth of monsters but I'm not sure I can manage without expanding a bit. Ideally I'd like to run 5, fuse/sell, repeat until at least 3 Dios are in the butter zone (cooldown of around 16-18 turns) then work on the fourth. Assuming 1/2 stamina and 1 skill up per 10 fusions works out to 125 stamina/skill up in what I hope is the worst case scenario. That looks like 1300 stamina to hit the skill up targets per Dios which is about 6 stones each for me not including rank ups.

Given what he's capable of I think it's worth it but man is it going to be a slog.

cw_sasuke

welp, looks like a new goal to go for, seeing how I still have some Zeus-Dios and some Hera-Beorcs, after I pulled a Liu Bei a couple weeks ago

Right after all the other goals I need to do in this game
Very nice - one Awoken Bei is here i will have him up all the time as well.
Reddit tip: Uevo Hera-Beorc has skill ups in the Bride dungeon. If you have one it's worth skilling up. 2 wood rows, 2 wood OE, and a skill boost are better than the awakenings on the Bride drop. This applies to Uevo Beorc only.

Don't have one? Run co-op Ultimate Hera Rush (XM teams crush this coop), or wait till the 27th for her descend. She's a great addition to button A. Liu Bei/Dios teams.

EDIT: SASUKE!!!!
Guess i will have to farm her as well - heh.

Do you guys only use Discord for chat ? So far i have used LINE but it seems like alot of Gaffers use Discord too.

Bladelaw

Do you guys only use Discord for chat ? So far i have used LINE but it seems like alot of Gaffers use Discord too.

Discord is easier to setup/use in my experience. It's a nice combination of an IM program and voice chat. Conversations in PAD are basically "do <thing>" or "should I do <thing>?"

When you don't get disconnected multi-pad is actually pretty alright. The benefits are huge (basically double stamina and free MP).

I really hope the RNG gods shine on me as I really don't want to throw more than a pack at the June REM. I plan on stopping at Akechi. LEschamali would be grand but after seeing someone dump 9 packs (153 rolls) to get her I'm not interested in chasing that dragon.

We tried making a discord when co-op first came out but it kinda died. Might want to resurrect it now that co-op has so many benefits.
I figure it'll be active during events where the benefits are most pronounced (10x, collabs, skill ups). For pretty much any other multi action 1 on 1 chat covers it since the timing is all over the place.

Really the only pain I could see is having to deal with box management between runs. I'm trying to clear out enough space to hold 5 runs worth of monsters but I'm not sure I can manage without expanding a bit. Ideally I'd like to run 5, fuse/sell, repeat until at least 3 Dios are in the butter zone (cooldown of around 16-18 turns) then work on the fourth. Assuming 1/2 stamina and 1 skill up per 10 fusions works out to 125 stamina/skill up in what I hope is the worst case scenario. That looks like 1300 stamina to hit the skill up targets per Dios which is about 6 stones each for me not including rank ups.

Given what he's capable of I think it's worth it but man is it going to be a slog.

Yeah, over 2 days I don't think it'll be too bad. Definetly clearing box space tonight though. Also, if we're running it when can always do a couple quick Z8 runs if we're close to rank ups. I'm going to try to be as stamina efficient as possible.

I use both, but usually use discord for co-op because I'm more familiar with it and it's easy enough to send direct messages while in the middle of a dungeon. Hopefully the GAF discord picks up a bit once people get in to co-op more.

So I know I have the makings of a good ADQXQ team in my box, but I'm not sure what the ideal would be.

My thought was ADQXQ/LKali/Pollux/Susano/Baal, but I have other sbs that would be put in.

Here's my padherder if anyone wants to give advice: https://www.padherder.com/user/LuffyZoro/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Pollux/Baal look like locks, susano is the est shield option. I've heard LKali isn't great, probably because you don't need a board changer with A. DQXQs active. Maybe use an orb changer there? I don't really know since I'm still trying to play around with my subs. Team you posted will still be tight.

cw_sasuke

Okay guys i set up a Discord account - username is the same as on GAF.

Do we have a Google Doc or something with everyones Discord ID ? If not can someone invite me to the GAF group.

For Zearog infinity.

I have a team that can deal with the predras, all I have is 1 question before I burn 50 stamina.

Does anubis's dark counterattack count as a buff? My gameplan is to buff his return to zero so I have an easier second turn. Does that work?

Bladelaw

For Zearog infinity.

I have a team that can deal with the predras, all I have is 1 question before I burn 50 stamina.

Does anubis's dark counterattack count as a buff? My gameplan is to buff his return to zero so I have an easier second turn. Does that work?
Yep, I've baited the "Return to Zero" attack with Baal's counter attack which I believe works the same way.

Jagernaut

For Zearog infinity.

I've seen videos where people use Amon or Baal counterattack to make Zaerog dispel the buff, it works.

Bladelaw

Would anyone be interested in God Rush coop for Dios Skill ups before Sunday to get a head start? I could use the Elia skill ups (and a spare for Miru). I could throw at least a stamina bar at it (4 runs) if it doesn't rank me up. I'll pop into GAF discord tonight (probably after 10pm US EAST) if any one is interested.

I have a variety of decent coop leads:
Xiang Mei
AFA Luci
A. Pandora
Freyja
Blonia
Rukia
And Mech Zeus

Would anyone be interested in God Rush coop for Dios Skill ups before Sunday to get a head start? I could use the Elia skill ups (and a spare for Miru). I could throw at least a stamina bar at it (4 runs) if it doesn't rank me up. I'll pop into GAF discord tonight (probably after 10pm US EAST) if any one is interested.

I have a variety of decent coop leads:
Xiang Mei
AFA Luci
A. Pandora
Freyja
Blonia
Rukia
And Mech Zeus

I've never done god rush, so I'd be interested. MZeus or A. Panda if there's too many pre-empts.

Looking at padx, apparently the red flower dungeon should be active today.

I can't find it though, I thought it was supposed to show up in the special dungeon list.

Bladelaw

I've never done god rush, so I'd be interested. MZeus or A. Panda if there's too many pre-empts.

So checking padx for Myth+ the risks for Mzeus is floors 3 and 4. Dios hits for a guaranteed 31k, floor 4 will either be a 9634 hit or a 15268 hit. So 1 full heal and 1 partial would be needed barring Raphael being available. Satan is recoverable, Beelz is more challenging.

Straitos could be an issue with his combo shield to as a potential point of failure. If we use A. Panda I'll probably run with A. Yomi since I don't trust my combo skills.

M Zeus team I'm planning on running:
MZeus
Baal (Multiboost, rows, useful active)
Raph (Rows, auto heal, Elia insurance)
Xmas Archangel (delay Straitos, or heal up from Dios/floor 4)
Apoc (Beelz insurance, or straitos combo facilitator)

Admittedly short on skill boosts but ideally we'd only need to use any skills once. Raph is probably replaceable since I'm a little short on skill ups.

For Pandora I'd run
A. Pandora
A. Yomi (Time Extends, pseudo burst Straitos counter)
Akechi (Because damage)
Zuoh (Beelz counter, burst option)
D Valk (RCV and short cooldown)

If I had xmas Lilith I'd probably slot her in as delays seem real useful here. Dvalk could probably be swapped for another orb changer, maybe Cecil or A. Anubis as ways to clear hazards to save Zuoh for the end.

Bladelaw

I really hate Z8 solo. I know what needs to be done but for whatever reason I continually fuck up what should be trivial tasks.

Jagernaut

I really hate Z8 solo. I know what needs to be done but for whatever reason I continually fuck up what should be trivial tasks.

I usually run it solo (the lower difficulty) with Awoken Bastet and the only difficult part is making 6 combos on Z8 first form. Activating Vishnu on the previous floor helps.

Now with coop and skill inheritance there must be easier ways that I haven't tried.

Bladelaw

I usually run it solo (the lower difficulty) with Awoken Bastet and the only difficult part is making 6 combos on Z8 first form. Activating Vishnu on the previous floor helps.

Now with coop and skill inheritance there must be easier ways that I haven't tried.

Yeah it's totally my problem with this dungeon. I don't know why it gives me such trouble as it's really not that hard. Every floor is manageable, the heavy metal dragon floor can be a little annoying if you need to burn actives, but still quite doable. Z8's mechanics aren't that bad. What fucked me over once was trying to kill him through his 75% shield and failing, getting bound with actives on cooldown, then skill bound, then he just wrecked me.

Before that I failed the combo check. I have plenty of skills to handle everything the dungeon throws at me. I swear this dungeon is my crucible. Once I can consistently solo clear it I'll be fine.

In multi it's a trivial dungeon as Z8's skill delay is irrelevant and you get to use multiboost monsters. Dr_LawyerCop and I have it down to a science even making up for some dumb mistakes.

Jagernaut

Are there any good coop setups for Z8 that don't use Machine Zeus or Machine Hera? I don't have either one. Preferably with A Pandora, A Lucifer, or Yomi Dragon.

Edit. I forgot about Z8 only taking 1/2 damage from dark so are there some good non-dark coop teams? I'll eventually get A Lui Bei ready.

Bladelaw

Are there any good coop setups for Z8 that don't use Machine Zeus or Machine Hera? I don't have either one. Preferably with A Pandora, A Lucifer, or Yomi Dragon.

Edit. I forgot about Z8 only taking 1/2 damage from dark so are there some good non-dark coop teams? I'll eventually get A Lui Bei ready.

Thoria works fine. Baal as a sub to bait the Return to Zero, Raph to tank the combo shield or A. Ra to just blow him up. Basically the Machine Zeus strat but with Thoria. Thor/Saria, Apollo, Wukong, A. Ra and Baal works.

Dark teams are going to have to stall through the 10 turn dark shield bullshit and Z8's dark shield meaning you need to bait out his return to zero to really think about killing him with any of those teams.

I have done well with A. Lucifer using the arena team as a template. With 2 SDR on a Luci you can use the paired leads to kill the low HP shieldras and stall out the 10 turns and kill, then use the SDR luci on baby z8.

With this team: A. Luci, Yomidra, Akechi, D/R Haku, Eschamali (can sub in A. Persephone here), A. Luci I'd do the following
F1: Row , use Eschamali if necessary
F2: Row
F3: A. Luci active to kill the little ones then stall. Pop Yomidra if you need heals.
F4: Row from the leftovers of F3 (D/R haku puts in work here)
F5: Row, use Haku if necessary for a row, stall if possible
F6: Row or combo to thin the herd, then finish them off
F7: Yomidra should be back, a row should kill, combo if possible just in case, or use the non SDR Luci to make life easier
F8: kill the little guys then stall if possible. Last turn pop Eschamali and kill
F9: Use the SDR Luci to skip the combo floor
F10: match to get rid of the 75% shield, bait the "Return to Zero", stall one turn then Haku/Akechi for the kill. Haku's dragon killer makes up for Z8's dark shield.

This assumes no skill inherits. With inherits you don't need to stall at Z8, just wait till he drops his shield and go for the kill.

Silent_Z

I've been clearing it pretty effortlessly solo and co-op with a Thor/Saria setup. A.Lucifer with 2xSDR latents as a sub. Pass to the team with Luci if needed in co-op.

I've been using
(Thor/Saria)
LValk
Apocalypse
ALucifer(SDR latents)
Raphael

The only times I've failed have been when I forgot to stall for skills on the pengdra/metal dragon floors.

b33r

The +297 Hera dungeon is in JP today. I'm not sure which is harder, this or the Zeus one. Hera took me 3 tries to get to her, getting used to the ten floors. Then her preemptive killed me. Used a stone and one shot her. Don't know if she has any other weird shenanigans after the preemptive, but I would assume so since Zeus did.

So with my You Yu team I can pretty easily do both with 1 stone. If I clear the locked orbs properly on Zeus can no stone it. Can probably no stone Hera as well with a proper shield for the preemptive. But I don't mind using a stone for an instant +297.

Since this was in the special tab like Zeus was in the past, I think we could get the dungeons in NA. I hope so.

Top Bottom