• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

QuakeCon 2011 |OT|

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
specialguy said:
If so, where's a link? Just youtube/quakecon2011?

I'm like a 2 hour drive from Dallas so if I leave my house RIGHT NOW I could probably make Carmack's keynote lol, but I'm not a big PC gamer so what else is there to do? Mainly, is there going to be playable RAGE stations open to the public?

it seems so

ChRoNiTe

I was thinking about riding the DART train down there, but having second thoughts because of this 110 degree heat. Is parking an issue near the Hilton?

TommyT

specialguy said:
If so, where's a link? Just youtube/quakecon2011?

I'm like a 2 hour drive from Dallas so if I leave my house RIGHT NOW I could probably make Carmack's keynote lol, but I'm not a big PC gamer so what else is there to do? Mainly, is there going to be playable RAGE stations open to the public?

Yes RAGE will be playable. I have asked, but can't confirm until I go tonight (as no one replied) if they will have any PC stations going though.

ChRoNiTe said:
I was thinking about riding the DART train down there, but having second thoughts because of this 110 degree heat. Is parking an issue near the Hilton?

Yes and no. Yes because they only have a set lot space and it will be packed. You can park in areas around and hoof it there and it's not too bad. No because you can valet.

edit: You asked if there was an issue near it. You shouldn't have trouble finding a place to park within easy walking distance.

ChRoNiTe

TommyT said:
Yes RAGE will be playable. I have asked, but can't confirm until I go tonight (as no one replied) if they will have any PC stations going though.

Yes and no. Yes because they only have a set lot space and it will be packed. You can park in areas around and hoof it there and it's not too bad. No because you can valet.

edit: You asked if there was an issue near it. You shouldn't have trouble finding a place to park within easy walking distance.

Thanks for the info. John Carmack mentioned on twitter that RAGE will be running on all platforms PC included.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Carmack's keynotes are like the highlight of my year. I could listen to the guy talk for hours.

TommyT

DieH@rd said:
Isnt that only for the stream? Keynote is 1hr later [in my calculations].
This twitter account belongs to: QuakeCon Coverage
Therefore, I'm assuming this is for the stream, correct. The Keynote is 1:00 after that time. Which, currently for me in the same time zone is in + 2:07min.

PNstyle said:
I bet the stream won't be avaiable in my country (Germany).
Even yesterdays Blizzard/Activision call wasn't avaiable for me -.-.
Are there other streams?
Look at the previous page.

Jeels

Me and my friends are driving from Houston to Dallas on Saturday for this for absolutely no particular reason. Hope it's cool.

RSP

Jeels said:
Me and my friends are driving from Houston to Dallas on Saturday for this for absolutely no particular reason. Hope it's cool.

Last year's event was pretty cool. A nice and relaxed environment to socialize and play videogames :)

TommyT

PNstyle said:
When the owned.tv stream is for the tournaments then I guess no other streams besides youtube for carmack.

You stealth edited... but where are you seeing that Own3d.tv is for tournaments only? I haven't seen anything saying that they are only doing tournaments, so if that's the case then Youtube seems to be the only place.

Read what I quoted again please on the previous page. Whether or not it's just for tournament purposes or not I don't know and I haven't seen anything one way or the other.

Should be ~30 minutes to Carmack's talk.

I'm not sure where it's supposed to be streamed. The youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/quakecon2011) is just a profile page, is a live stream supposedly to magically appear on that page at the right time or something?

The other stream http://www.own3d.tv/quakecon is live but no idea if it's supposed to show Carmack. Also has some bad audio buzzing, but it's acceptable.

Right now it looks to me like it's own3d.tv or bust, and I half expect Carmack wont be streamed anywhere.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
specialguy said:

I'm not sure where it's supposed to be streamed. The youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/quakecon2011) is just a profile page, is a live stream supposedly to magically appear on that page at the right time or something?

The other stream http://www.own3d.tv/quakecon is live but no idea if it's supposed to show Carmack. Also has some bad audio buzzing, but it's acceptable.

Right now it looks to me like it's own3d.tv or bust, and I half expect Carmack wont be streamed anywhere.
Nooouu im gonna miss it :(

Red UFO

What time-zone are the times in the OP in? (Or am I just being stupid and missing something?)

specialguy said:

There's no reason to think that, every time I've watched online they've been very on-top of it.

Red UFO said:
What time-zone are the times in the OP in? (Or am I just being stupid and missing something?)

There's no reason to think that, every time I've watched online they've been very on-top of it.

Who?

I've never seen Carmack's keynote streamed live anywhere before. Maybe like once, my memory is fuzzy.

As for times it's USA central time. Texas time where the event is.

Red UFO

specialguy said:
Who?

I've never seen Carmack's keynote streamed live anywhere before. Maybe like once, my memory is fuzzy.

As for times it's USA central time. Texas time where the event is.
It's been on the QuakeCon website for like, the last 3 years. Maybe even longer, but I haven't been watching them that long.

And thanks!

derFeef said:
That stream is terrible for me :(
It's pretty useless for me too. Hoping it gets better for Carmack.

"I've never seen Carmack's keynote streamed live anywhere before. Maybe like once, my memory is fuzzy."

You haven't been looking hard enough.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
if I remember right they played against each other last year...

zero4 is owned hard, needs to comeback.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Carmack's keynote is not streamed? :(

Top Bottom