• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Fuchsdh

I do have to say Quantum Break has my only approved use of chromatic aberration in games to date. Really adds to the time effects.

Hawk269

Saw the first episode of the TV show and I thought it was very well done and enjoyable. My wife was watching me play and wanted me to go Hardline so that is what I went with. I thought it was pretty cool that it tells you how many of your friends agreed with you and how many in the community. 60% of my people on my friends list chose Hardline while the community was at 30% hardline.

I am really loving this game, the narrative, the visuals, the TV show is all well made. With as good as I think the lighting, effects, character models etc are, it is pretty mind boggling how certain scenes can looks so fantastic and others look completely bad. For example as you are heading to the library, you go through a cafeteria section, it just looked really bad, like it was dropping below 720p, then shortly after you come to the beginning point of entering the library and it is just breathtaking on how good it looks. Fortunately, the great looking sections are more common than the bad looking areas, it is just weird to have some sections look so damn good and something as simplistic looking like the cafeteria section can look so bad.

Anyways, game is overall still fantastic and only stopped to eat dinner and then back to the game. Great job Remedy...but please give me the option to turn off the grain filter.

ViciousDS

Banned
Finished Act 4......damn what a fucking act....not a lot of action but the minds behind the story....hot damn

Shits about to tho down.

But Ten tonne skeleton......damn....that shit got me pumped!!

MattyG

Banned
Just finished.
I thought things would get a bit and weirder there at the end, but I love it. That was one of the best written games I've seen in a while, and just like with Alan Wake, I know I'll do a second playthrough. Even the credits music is awesome, too!

Also, I fucking knew Hatch was a shifter. I called it from the middle of act 3. DAMMIT HATCH.

lingpanda

I'm early on(Beginning of Act 2) and a bit disappointed. Game is super blurry. For reference I play on a 1080p 100" projector. The default sensitivity I felt was too high. Reduced to 30% and felt better. Audio in the sound effects area I felt was lacking. Walking over leaves on the ground didn't provide a sound effect. Neither did walking into bushes.

What I do like is the gun play and story. I was taken back by my Hardline choice in a good way. The real time video provided emphasis to my choice. I enjoyed the acting and the dialogue as well.

leng jai

As expected the game has very good sound design, and with all the time shift shenanigans there are quite a few opportunities to show it off. The mixing seems slightly off at times though.

First act and first episode done. Dang, what a game so far, the combat and gameplay is really clicking and the story is starting to ramp up really well. Doesn't have the chill down your spine moments so far that Alan Wake did, but man do I want to learn what happens next, so many different directions it can go. Act 2 tomorrow!

Sanke__

So just started the game and the
alan wake 2 teaser
video in the first area has me giddy like a fucking school girl
Forgot how much I loved remedy games and Sam lake

an Alan wake 2 where u play as an fbi agent trying to find what happened to Alan wake and his wife sounds fucking awesome
They could play it like Alan wake just went crazy killer with hidden manuscripts and what not then go full paranormal further in
Would be so amazing

I don't really want to post the gif a third time.

Michaeldouglasgrainisgood.gif

Grain. Breathe it, embrace it. This is a cinematic game after all.

No it isn't. Its fucking ugly as shit and a fucking bizzare design choice. Its actually fucking with my enjoyment of the game, which is already not exactly rocking my world.

leng jai

So my PC is nowhere near capable to playing this.

How's the performance on Xbox One?

Fairly good but not completely locked. IQ is okay considering it's 720p. The main issue are the low resolution shadows, ghosting and some occasionally bad screen tearing. Considering the hardware it runs remarkably well.

Remedy must have got some tips from Naughty Dog.

Triggering my flashbacks.

Ok that wasn't a bad boss fight, just annoying. I wish games wouldn't always insist on being so game-y sometimes. Oh well, I forgive you Remedy.

Edi: that was a cool game. I'm 100% playing it again. Kind of want to play all the Alan Wake stuff again too. God, a new Alan Wake game in this engine would be unbelievable. The game has its issues and doesn't always execute its ambitions well, but holy cow did I ever enjoy it.

Kawngi

pretty bummed we still haven't gotten the PC codes. Playing on my XBO is fine and all but I pre-ordered so I could also play on my beefy PC alongside my XBO playtime. I'll be done playing the XBO copy before I ever see the W10 key :S

I want to start playing but 2 kids, wife, job and adult responsibilities wont allow me more than 20 mins these past couple days..

Aaarrgghh. Gonna have to wait till everyone is asleep late friday night to play. This wait is killing me :(

ZOONAMI

Why the fuck is there not a traditional melee mechanic in the game?

With how fast you move up on people with the dodge/dash move, the game absolutely needs a fucking melee punch/kick button.

It's ridiculous.

Edit: it appears that melee is unlocked at some point?

Catdaddy

I just picked this up now. How long is this going to take me to install? I'm scared.

Offline was about 40 min total. You can launch at 45% ish but I didn't since was offline got the patch.

Been playing most of the day and I foresee me replaying. Probably won't finish until the weekend...stupid work

malfcn

Why the fuck is there not a traditional melee mechanic in the game?

With how fast you move up on people with the dodge/dash move, the game absolutely needs a fucking melee punch/kick button.

It's ridiculous.

Edit: it appears that melee is unlocked at some point?

It's an unlock, and super op.
You have unlimited pistol ammo, that alone can wreck goons along with good combos.

Ricker

Okay,game is getting hard,even on normal right now...got to get into my head that cover is basically useless in this,especially in that room in Act 2,part 2 where they tell you to stack bullets on the chrono barrels to cause stutter...not sure what that means and I keep dying there because I am one against 10 guys it seems and half of them rush me...I also lost an upgrade that I saw but opened a door and couldn't go back to it after...I hate that.

Guess I need to get gud... ;)

TheDanger

Banned
so the difficulty spike at the final fight is kinda pissing me off, I'm playing on hard and never had any real issues yet I have tried this like 15 times now and I didn't beat it yet. The checkpoint is ridiculous, it's before the cutscene.

malfcn

so the difficulty spike at the final fight is kinda pissing me off, I'm playing on hard and never had any real issues yet I have tried this like 15 times now and I didn't beat it yet. The checkpoint is ridiculous, it's before the cutscene.

Basically, never stop moving.

Alfredo

That screenplay is a fucking riot.. Are there only 2 parts? Please tell me he wrote the sequel.

There's a small video teaser near the end of a movie called "Time Stabber," along with an email that talks about going to Kickstarter with the idea. I would totally back said Kickstarter.

ViciousDS

Banned
Beat the game......man what a ride, can't wait to play on hard without collectables being a distraction 100% complete woop woop

Just finished it, absolutely fantastic game, great story and the TV show was way better than I though it would be. Can't remember when was the last time I was so hooked with the game and story, great job Remedy. Final boss fight on hard was absolutely great, you really can't get a breather, power after power, after power till everyone is dead, loved it. I really hope they will make a sequel to it. Platforming was kinda junky and they can either make it better or completely skip it for next game. And if QB 2 is a go, please keep the TV show, it really helped connect with the world, characters and story.

Remedy, you know order of things right? First Alan Wake 2 and Quantum Break 2 after that :)

Trup1aya

Probably the first game where I actually got a kick out of reading the optional narrative content scattered throughout the levels.

Loving it so far

shandy706

Finished the 2nd act. I've put 8 hours in at this point.

...and still haven't collected everything.

Going to be a 20+ hour game for me, haha.

Finished the 2nd act. I've put 8 hours in at this point.

...and still haven't collected everything.

yeah, I don't know why people would say the game is short, do they play on easy and rush through it? It took me like 16 hours on hard with reading and collecting stuff. This is the type of the game when you want to get as much as you can on the story and background, you don't rush it.

Top Bottom