• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Grisby

Got a bit past the Gamescom demo area. Man, the firefight that happened before that bit and the ensuing story bits were a lot of fun.

(not a story spoiler)

"Avenge me."

Beat the game. Wow. There was so much going on, what a game. I still don't fully understand some of the implications, but I'll sleep on them. Ready for my alternate play-through already.

This is, without a doubt, one of the finest games produced this generation.

It took me anywhere between 15-17 hours to 91% the game. I can see another 10+ hours going in here.

I still really enjoy the act / episode structure of this and AW, but they need some sort of credits or something going on during the "end of act" song breaks. It's odd just staring at a screen as a song plays.

Anyway, end of act 1. I had initially been waiting for the W10 code before caving and starting on the Bone and I just haven't had a lot of time to play. Really liking it so far. Movement feels much smoother than AW, digging the story.

Curious to see what future junction points are like. The idea of playing small bits as Paul is interesting in theory, but in execution, it feels strange. I don't yet know this character well enough to judge what choices he would make.

To people that beat the game already, what was your timeline like (choices)? For my first playthrough it was ...

Hardline / Business / Amaral / Control

arhra

Got a bit past the Gamescom demo area. Man, the firefight that happened before that bit and the ensuing story bits were a lot of fun.

(not a story spoiler)

"Avenge me."

I hope you didn't miss the
Night Springs narrator casting easter egg
in the building just before where the Gamescom demo started.

To people that beat the game already, what was your timeline like (choices)? For my first playthrough it was ...

Hardline / Business / Amaral / Control

I haven't actually finished the game, but just got done with Act 4 (that ending holy shit), and my choices were PR / Personal / Amaral / Control.

Probably going to go with the complete opposites for a second playthrough.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is it me or are the Cronos Shards pretty well hidden?

I'm only on 2-2, have been taking my time to explore, and already missed like 4 or 5 :/

Wtf?

Alienfan

Is it me or are the Cronos Shards pretty well hidden?

I'm only on 2-2, have been taking my time to explore, and already missed like 4 or 5 :/

Wtf?

You will feel a vibration on the controller when you are close, pressing the Y button (time vision) will bring up a radar, giving you an indication to where the shard is. While in time vision it should make a noise when it's near your vicinity I think :)

arhra

You will feel a vibration on the controller when you are close, pressing the Y button (time vision) will bring up a radar, giving you an indication to where the shard is. While in time vision it should make a noise when it's near your vicinity I think :)

Some of them are pretty deviously placed even if you can see where they are, though.

One particular one in Act 3 took me forever to figure out how to get to.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I appreciate the advice, but I actually know all that stuff. Just seems like they're always behind a wall hidden in an area I can't access, and no matter how much I fool around and look for ways in, they're just not there. *shrug*

It doesn't help that the game is wildly inconsistent with what you can, or cannot climb on. It basically feels like it's not worth my time even looking, it just frustrates me.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Finished the 2nd act. I've put 8 hours in at this point.

...and still haven't collected everything.

Going to be a 20+ hour game for me, haha.

Beat the game. Wow. There was so much going on, what a game. I still don't fully understand some of the implications, but I'll sleep on them. Ready for my alternate play-through already.

This is, without a doubt, one of the finest games produced this generation.

It took me anywhere between 15-17 hours to 91% the game. I can see another 10+ hours going in here.
Can't fucking wait for Friday.
Fuck fuck fuck fuck. It's installed on my Xbox, just sitting there. Gotta finish downloading the 75GB episode pack, but won't play until Friday.
Can't contain excitement.

Made it to Act 5 just now and looking forward to finishing the game off tomorrow evening.

Can you replay the game on hard from the level select with your upgraded powers or do you have to start fresh on hard?

Made it to Act 5 just now and looking forward to finishing the game off tomorrow evening.

Can you replay the game on hard from the level select with your upgraded powers or do you have to start fresh on hard?

You can replay from the level select.

Looks like switching choices on the second playthrough also switches the collectibles, cause I had everything at 100% and after switching to a different choice I have next chapter after choice at 83%.

Remedy, we need some downloadable outfits for the game, you could start with Alan Wake outfit for Jack ;)

is anyone actually reading the collectibles? I am finding them to be obnoxiously long and overabundant. Just skipping through them. I dont even know what some of the emails and what not are talking about, cant keep up with them at all.

is anyone actually reading the collectibles? I am finding them to be obnoxiously long and overabundant. Just skipping through them. I dont even know what some of the emails and what not are talking about, cant keep up with them at all.

i read them all, they add to the game.

Some are world building, some are just humorous, some of it actually telegraphs some major stuff that happens later.

dedhead54

Usually I start off a game reading stuff like this but eventually start to skip over it. In this case I haven't been skipping anything and I have found them all engaging and they add to the story.

You can replay from the level select.

Looks like switching choices on the second playthrough also switches the collectibles, cause I had everything at 100% and after switching to a different choice I have next chapter after choice at 83%.

Remedy, we need some downloadable outfits for the game, you could start with Alan Wake outfit for Jack ;)

But can I replay on hard with the upgrades I got from playing so far on normal?

GavinGT

Banned
Man, fuck doors that close behind you. Any time there are two paths to take I have to debate which one is likely to lock me in and which one is the optional pathway.

I knew going in that exploration wasn't this game's focus, but it's failed to meet even my limited expectations in that regard.

I just started the game and I'm just now discovering the time powers. Is the screen supposed to turn completely white at certain camera angles? It's getting really annoying and hard to see.

aravuus

Lots of relatively well-written notes, emails and shit to find actually makes me even more excited about the game. The story seems very interesting and, well, reading is fun lol.

I have a bunch of different games to play for the next 2-3 weeks, but if the PC version isn't fixed by the time I'm done with them, I think I'll just get the Xbone version.

Filben

And here I was, thinking Ubisoft's ports were bad. From a studio like Remedy with its roots on PC I'm massively disappointed with this PC port.

It looks good, yeah, in some scenes even stunning but not any NEAR to justify that poor performance. Input lag, stuttering. Even after I found video settings that give me a SOMEWHAT acceptable gaming and visual experience, it starts to stutter right out of nowhere.

And then they charge 70 EUR for this crap. Could save some bucks by changing the currency to USD so I've paid like 62 EUR. Still way too much for this utter junk of poorly optimized code. Which is a shame, because gunfights are fun and dialoges and writing—so far, which isn't THAT far due to lackluster performance—are shining well.

And boy, what a shitty image quality... even on 1080p all blurry and grainy. This is ridiculous.

And here I was, thinking Ubisoft's ports were bad. From a studio like Remedy with its roots on PC I'm massively disappointed with this PC port.

It looks good, yeah, in some scenes even stunning but not any NEAR to justify that poor performance. Input lag, stuttering. Even after I found video settings that give me a SOMEWHAT acceptable gaming and visual experience, it starts to stutter right out of nowhere.

Yeah, it really sucks. Was really looking forward to PC version.. The dead silence before launch was telling.
Alan Wake was so good on PC.

Top Bottom