• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Oh damn, I'm in act 4 now. I am enjoying this game so damn much that I really don't want it to end, that's a good sign of course. One thing is for sure, if I had just played this game as a TPS, no exploring and no reading, I would blaze through these acts. In that way it's a bit short and man... act 3 was just too short with only
two parts, at least make it three like the previous ones so far.
of course I have yet to see act 4 and 5,but I do wish they made these acts longer. The shooting and time powers are just so damn good. I already know I'll be wishing for DLC when I finish it.

malfcn

I was stuck there for hours too, it's rather difficult we know. Stay in the middle area, the bottom of the pool where you can grab the machine gun. Take cover behind the boxes. When you see the red circling you, just time dodge to the right and once danger is over, get back to the left behind the boxes. You can control the enemy waves pretty well from here and you'll have more than enough time to go shoot a few rounds into Paul when he is "suffering". Just avoid red...

What happened to all that sweet Monarch gear from the show? Cool jackets and stuff.

I was stuck there for hours too, it's rather difficult we know. Stay in the middle area, the bottom of the pool where you can grab the machine gun. Take cover behind the boxes. When you see the red circling you, just time dodge to the right and once danger is over, get back to the left behind the boxes. You can control the enemy waves pretty well from here and you'll have more than enough time to go shoot a few rounds into Paul when he is "suffering". Just avoid red...

NOOOO!!! SPOILERS!!!

MaulerX

Man, I haven't been able to play as much as would've liked with work and stuff... but I got to that fight in Act 2 where you fight those guys
in space suits
, my lord, those effects, everything warping around while you're doing your thing while they're doing their thing... Wow. There's just no screenshot in the world that could do this game justice while this shit is going on.

Theorry

Man, I haven't been able to play as much as would've liked with work and stuff... but I got to that fight in Act 2 where you fight those guys
in space suits
, my lord, those effects, everything warping around while you're doing your thing while they're doing their thing... Wow. There's just no screenshot in the world that could do this game justice while this shit is going on.

Thats why God created gifs. :p

I got my Alan Wake's American Nightmare code 30 minutes ago looks like they are sending them on waves:

NaDq9zp.png

iFirez

Just sitting down to play this on Xbox One. Opening cutscene where the main character exits a taxi - hard crash, Xbox reset it's self; frame on screen was main character looking into the taxi after telling he driver "thanks for the ride".

Great first impression.

shandy706

I have 100% collection in all areas bar one, have read through about 90% of the stuff, and I'm now at Chapter 5 in about the same time, and that's on Hard difficulty. I doubt it's just that. My guess is he took environmental analysing, slow reading and screenshot taking to a whole new level, or died a lot during combat segments.

I'm a fast reader, and haven't died but a few times.

The rest is pretty accurate. I mean, I took the time to study and notice that even the latches on Monarch crates are fully rendered. Not a bit of them is a texture, from the latch to the fixed pins.

The hat/coat hanger nubs in locker rooms are fully rendered despite being tiny objects.

I take my time absolutely admiring the work put into games. No way I'm just blowing through them. Tons of hard work here on display. I'd hate to do the opposite.

I'm the person that took 20 minutes just to get out of the bedroom at the start of TLoU. LOL

Shame more don't take things in so thoroughly. Instant gratification world. (Not directed at you there Nibs, just a general comment)

The rest is pretty accurate. I mean, I took the time to study and notice that even the latches on Monarch crates are fully rendered. Not a bit of them is a texture, from the latch to the fixed pins.

The hat/coat hanger nubs in locker rooms are fully rendered despite being tiny objects.

I take my time absolutely admiring the work put into games. No way I'm just blowing through them. Tons of hard work here on display. I'd hate to do the opposite.

I'm the person that took 20 minutes just to get out of the bedroom at the start of TLoU. LOL

Shame more don't take things in so thoroughly. Instant gratification world. (Not directed at you there Nibs, just a general comment)

Very much agreeing with this. There were times I was playing GTA 4 and 5 and I would just walk around in the game world, looking at the crazy attention to detail. If one starts playing QB solely for the action, no exploring, no reading, the game really isn't that long. But I just can't do that, especially when the collectibles are worth it. Really cool stuff there.

And man.... At times the game looks so damn good. Definitely along with Ryse Xbox One's best and most current gen looking games. I REALLY want Alan Wake 2 on this engine or perhaps another new IP. And please Remedy, definitely consider story DLC for QB.

shandy706

Slightly OT, but what is up with Gaf??? Can't get to it across a Laptop and 3 desktops in our office.

Why does mobile work? LOL

Zedox

I've been taking a lot of screenshots of this game compared to any other game. Graphics and effects in this game is ridiculously awesome.

EBE

maybe its asking for too much, but i really hope Remedy can release some sort of horde/survival mode that focuses purely on combat, a bit like American Nightmare.

there isnt enough combat (or rather, sustained combat) in this game

Wow really? Only 30ish% of the community picked (Act 4 Junction)
surrender
?
I'd rather play my Serene as starting off collected and then just going nuts.

maybe its asking for too much, but i really hope Remedy can release some sort of horde/survival mode that focuses purely on combat, a bit like American Nightmare.

Agreed. I wish there were a lot more combat parts because the combat is just so damn good. It's a great mix of action parts and slow exploration parts with some puzzles to keep it interesting but I want more combat.

Wow really? Only 30ish% of the community picked (Act 4 Junction)
surrender
?
I'd rather play my Serene as starting off collected and then just going nuts.

I went
PR/Personal/Amaral/Control
on my first playthrough. Did the exact opposite for my second, and it was way better.

dandoolan

I've seen a few generous folk giving away their unwanted American Nightmare codes. If anyone would like to make my day feel free to PM. :p

Also, loving this game so far. Gameplay and visual's are stellar. And the act structure really reminds me of the episodic structure of Alan Wake in a good way!

My only criticism is that despite of the potential of the TV show portions, I feel like they were worried people would skip them and be confused so they tried to make them only tangentially relevant to the main plot. But by doing that they kinda waste the potential of the concept. It's like one foot in, one foot out. I'd rather they have used it to really enhance the main plot. Not tip toe around the central plot in a way that doesn't encroach on it.

Up to act four and can't wait to finish five when I get a chance.

ViciousDS

Banned
Of course 20 hours is too much, but for me it took 15 hours to complete with 94% collection on hard difficult.

People who said that the game was 6-8 hours long must have skipped everything and rushed without exploring.

100% completion here in 8 hours....I played normal.....but the only spot I would have had any problem with is the very last fight.....that's it on hard

jet1911

I love when things go boom.

http://i.imgur.com/VpZ0jrt.webm

Curently playing Act IV and I'm still loving the game. I love the pacing, the mix of exploration/puzzle/combat and these big ass setpieces were everything crumbles around you. The timelapse were absolutely mindblowing to see in realtime. The story still has it's hooks in me and I can't wait to see what is coming next. Honestly it's has been a long time since I had this much fun with a game.

razzel

Agreed, feels like a big missing piece. It would be pretty disappointing if they never released anything like that.

basefree

I'm on act 5 part 3 - how much longer do I have? Are there more parts? I was thinking I'd blaze through it but this act has been the longest by far

Doffen

The lighting in the game was just incredible. All the time I was just thinking how amazing Alan Wake 2 or an Alan Wake remake would be with this engine.

Top Bottom